• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 1, 2011
7.6

1. Mar 25, 2011
    I loved the first game, although it was a little bit easy. The sequel, however, is absurdly difficult. I gave up midway in the second level of the first world. Already the game is a lot more difficult than the most difficult level in the first game. I like a challenge, but this game is just frustrating.
  2. May 2, 2011
    This sequel expands on the first game, taking you deeper down the planet,
    The level setup is expanded and there are more materials to play around with.
    Graphics are equally basic and crisp as the first game.

But, this all doesn't matter actually, because compared to part one it's much too diffucult to possibly enjoy. i gave up after the first three levels.
  3. Jan 16, 2012
    The first game was easy, but great. I guess they took the first part of that very seriously, because no one could call this one easy. I like bullet hell shooters, and masochistic games like The Impossible Game, La-Mulana, Trials HD and so on... but this takes the cake. One or two levels into the game, I'm running into learn-by-dying boobie traps like lethal powerup dispensers, walls that grab you, and worst of all, infinitely growing green jelly you have to shoot 10 times a second just to tunnel through it. There is no rapid fire. Thanks, guys - you've made a game that cripples my wrists with RSI, and I can't even access over 90% of the game because it's literally unplayable. I thought Eden and Shooter are brilliant, but now I'm staying away from Sidescroller, etc because it's not worth the risk. Expand

1. Jul 14, 2011
    The new elements and levels produced for PixelJunk Shooter 2 are nice, but they don't feel like enough to justify another full-priced game. The engine is still the exact same, so while the visuals and art are still high-quality, the imprecise and sloppy controls have also returned.
  2. Jun 4, 2011
    PixelJunk Shooter 2 is a very nice puzzle shooter, packed with stylish graphics and sounds. The game can be very frustrating at times, but also very rewarding.
  3. Apr 26, 2011
    PixelJunk Shooter 2 once again proves that creative minds have all the space they need on the current generation of consoles. The mixing of different elements (like water, lava, gas and oil) is innovative, works extremely well and is expertly executed. What makes this interesting from start to finish are the different elements each level brings with it.