7.4

1. Dec 18, 2012
    I wish I could claim that this brought all my PS fantasies to life. But NO. I think it's just as good as SS in many ways but it just does feel big enough. Do you know what I mean?
  2. Oct 27, 2014
    Sort of like Sony's answer to Smash Bros. Just like that series it takes various mascots from the different series that the company has put out and let's you fight them. It's also filled with references to the company's proud history. The strength here is how it manages to make each character feel different from one another while still capturing what makes them, well, them. It's aSort of like Sony's answer to Smash Bros. Just like that series it takes various mascots from the different series that the company has put out and let's you fight them. It's also filled with references to the company's proud history. The strength here is how it manages to make each character feel different from one another while still capturing what makes them, well, them. It's a remarkably balanced fighter that any Sony fan should check out.

It's got it's differences from Smash Bros. The focus is building up meters that allow super attacks to beat enemies. There are also a tone of unlockables. I just wish they were more interesting. Mostly they're just backfgrounds and icons for your in-game customizable emblems. The costumes and "minions" are pretty cool though. There's a great selection of characters to choose from.

This is something I would like to become a series for Sony. What's here is already great, but you can totally see how they can expand on it in the same way Nintendo keeps expanding their Smash Bros. series. New entries with different types of unlockables, stages, and fighters from more of Sony's catalog of games would be awesome. Especially considering how great the game already is.

As it stands it's a great fighter. If Sony considers making this a franchise then they could have a cool alternative to Nintendo's excellent series. This is a great start to what could be a great series. I just want to see more of it. My total score for it is a 8.7/10.
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    It's good but it lacks not only characters and content but a health bar.... this is the worst decision to do this, because the game has become a choice of basically 3 characters with OP abilities that can kill you better. Not skill just, R2.
  4. Feb 9, 2013
    I'll start this review saying that I'm a huge fan of the Super Smash Brothers franchise and have played all of them almost to infinity. Except Brawl. With that said, I have to say that this game is extremely enjoyable and...fun! Finally a fun and simple game to play with, without bothering super realistic mechanics of graphics (which are good), and just focuses on smacking enemies allI'll start this review saying that I'm a huge fan of the Super Smash Brothers franchise and have played all of them almost to infinity. Except Brawl. With that said, I have to say that this game is extremely enjoyable and...fun! Finally a fun and simple game to play with, without bothering super realistic mechanics of graphics (which are good), and just focuses on smacking enemies all around the arena. Just like Super Smash Brothers. Even if it's considered a "rip-off", I'll be honestly fair:: it does somethings differently, enough that it could be considered totally different; for instance, you don't throw your enemies away, but you actually have to kill them with a special skill: that changes some characters' mechanics and skills. The roster also is rather fun and has some nice choices (and some BAD choices too), although some characters aren't exactly fun to play with and are very hard to use...which is good! It gives some depth for some characters, in order to be used properly. Although, a lot of characters have too many ranged attacks, but since you have to use a skill, which is different per character (either range and speed etc), I honestly haven't seen that much unbalance like it should. It has also challenges that, even if silly and kinda uninteresting, they actually are good for training more your character in using the skills he has, so I can't say it's totally useless. Maybe just unappealing. It's not a flawless game, but even if flaws can be either big or small, I have one personal flaw that some may or may not agree: the roster itself. We got some iconic characters from the playstation world (well duh!), most of them are ok...but some are just...right. For instance...where's Crash? Spyro?! Lara Croft?!?!Dante (the white haired)?!!?! CLOUD!?! I just named a few "BIG" iconic characters from the Playstation world, and even if I'm not a big fan of most of these they are STILL important figures of the Playstation world that should have been inside from the very start. Instead, we get..."new dante" from DmC (even if not a fan of either new and old dante, this one is still my less favourite); the Fat Princess...from Fat Princess on PSP (no comment...), Raiden from Metal Gear Solid (....the name itself implies that the main character, is NOT Raiden), Radec from Killzone (really? Killzone? Is Call of Duty next?); Toro from that japanese game (Together Everywhere! it says. Never heard of it). Although, I admit that some other are actually good and I appreciate their addition (Spike from Ape Escape, Daniel from Medievil, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and my favourite: Sly Cooper!!!), the roster could have used a LOT more of iconic characters and I'm almost sure we gonna get more that won't be of our interest (I can almost see Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII in the future...). But it still has potential to deliver most of the iconic characters we loved and still love to this way...and that's what "makes" this game really. It has technical flaws, it can be considered whatever they think it is, it can be better in some other details, but I'm pretty sure that most of us are interested on the game mostly for the simple yet fun mechanics AND the characters themselves. It's like a dive into nostalgia and, as far I can see, the big reason to avoid this game, it's if you prefer more technical or more complex fighting games, with more realistic mechanics and just...more technical details. But if you like simple fighting games where you could bash others with few buttons together with friends just like old times (it has online, and it works...but it's BEST played offline with friends), I highly recommend to give it a try and try enjoying it for what it is. A simple and fun fighting game with your favourite characters of all time! Expand
  5. Dec 2, 2012
    This is a great game, i'm not a fan of unrealistic fighters like this but i was blown away by the quality of this game, and i think it's kinda sad that some Nintendo fanboys are just giving it low scores calling it a clone or whatever, give this game a chance, it's not a clone, beleve me.
  6. Jan 18, 2013
    So this game doesn't have the same amount of content that smash bros. has, but it has high replay value and a more advanced fighting system. The result is a flawed but very fun brawler.
  7. Dec 27, 2012
    While the concept of a Cross-Over Party Fighting game is definitly inspired by Super Smash Bros. , no comparisons can be made with the Nintendo successfull franchise. The gameplay is nervous and pretty fun, and some really stressful and therefore really gorgeous 1v1 can be seen. However, the concept of a Super Bar and of killing his opponents only by unleashing that super attack on yourWhile the concept of a Cross-Over Party Fighting game is definitly inspired by Super Smash Bros. , no comparisons can be made with the Nintendo successfull franchise. The gameplay is nervous and pretty fun, and some really stressful and therefore really gorgeous 1v1 can be seen. However, the concept of a Super Bar and of killing his opponents only by unleashing that super attack on your opponents becomes redundant... it's still a really fun game for Local Multiplayer. Expand
  8. Feb 2, 2013
    A very fun game with a great cast of characters and easy to pick up controls mastering the combos is the tricky part). Its a great party game, competitive game, and also great for spectating. Its no a perfect game with a lack-luster story and a pretty bad online feature and not so much cut scenes. Its more of a traditional fighter then most brawlers. But all in all its a must have forA very fun game with a great cast of characters and easy to pick up controls mastering the combos is the tricky part). Its a great party game, competitive game, and also great for spectating. Its no a perfect game with a lack-luster story and a pretty bad online feature and not so much cut scenes. Its more of a traditional fighter then most brawlers. But all in all its a must have for playstaion players. Expand
  9. Dec 3, 2012
    More than I ever hoped for, sure SSB set the bar and that bar does not get toppled by PS-All Stars, but it does get met. The feel is there, those tense moments right at the end of the battle, the eclectic mix of characters brought together in a (mostly) balanced way each with their own style, and the variety in every battle. The kill system doesn't quite reach the levels that SSB hit, andMore than I ever hoped for, sure SSB set the bar and that bar does not get toppled by PS-All Stars, but it does get met. The feel is there, those tense moments right at the end of the battle, the eclectic mix of characters brought together in a (mostly) balanced way each with their own style, and the variety in every battle. The kill system doesn't quite reach the levels that SSB hit, and there does need to be some additional balancing, and we do need more levels (Praise be to the age of DLC....) but if you liked SSB, which you should have, then don't pass this one up. Expand
  10. Jan 5, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is a great brawler/fighting game, with fair amount unique characters and stages, well, except from Cole and Evil Cole, two characters that are practically the same in almost every way (which is silly); but other than those two, the characters are extremely unique with their own massive move sets to show off. The multi-player being the mode to show offPlaystation All-Stars Battle Royale is a great brawler/fighting game, with fair amount unique characters and stages, well, except from Cole and Evil Cole, two characters that are practically the same in almost every way (which is silly); but other than those two, the characters are extremely unique with their own massive move sets to show off. The multi-player being the mode to show off the greatness of the whole game, at the same time...The single-player being slightly disappointingly short and not insanely fun, being ultimately not quite the experience of the multi-player. If you want to know... This game is a fair bit different to Smash Bros and is it's own, special game for those fans of Playstation or even those of fighters (as in game genre). This game is definitely recommended; also, those people who have been giving this game 0-4 out of ten are probably trolls. So I give this game... 8.6/10! Expand
  11. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is fun it is a lot like super smash bro.s in looks but it is much harder to master and the play style is different there are many different modes in this game similar to smash bro.s but as much because smash bro.s has had time to fix there mistakes in the past the stages and character designs are awesome but there arent enough characters despite that there is promised dlcThis game is fun it is a lot like super smash bro.s in looks but it is much harder to master and the play style is different there are many different modes in this game similar to smash bro.s but as much because smash bro.s has had time to fix there mistakes in the past the stages and character designs are awesome but there arent enough characters despite that there is promised dlc coming levels and characters alike the multiplayer works great almost no lag 99% of the time if you are a fan of fighting games or playstation you should get this its very fun Expand
  12. Oct 27, 2013
    Playstation all-stars battle royal tried something new for playstation. However SCEA made it obvious that pressure to make the game different from Super Smash Bros. The character are easy to lose on screen and it isn't balanced well enough. The main gripe I have is balance. Kratos does the most damage per second and Sackboy has BY FAR the best Level 3 super. I thought this game could bePlaystation all-stars battle royal tried something new for playstation. However SCEA made it obvious that pressure to make the game different from Super Smash Bros. The character are easy to lose on screen and it isn't balanced well enough. The main gripe I have is balance. Kratos does the most damage per second and Sackboy has BY FAR the best Level 3 super. I thought this game could be extremely fun to play with friends but is ended up being me destroying everybody with nathan drakes level 1 and his cheap barrel attack.

Even with all of it's flaws it is not a bad game. Just a mixed one.

I give this game a 6/10
  13. Dec 2, 2012
    Amazing game, if you read the negative reviews you'll see how ridiculous they are. I wasn't expecting much of this game but believe me, it surprises you, by the way it hasa story mode and lots of unlockables. Don't let trolls fool you.
  14. Dec 29, 2012
    The game is good enough to bring amazing fun between friends and online. It has an amazing potential but it really dropped the potential on the solo mode with the stories of each character instead of chosen for each character a CG their chose the stupid and lazy way the art with short dialogues.
  15. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is much better than I expected. The fighting is deep, the controls are perfect, and the supers system works really well and is a nice change of pace from every other fighter. The only annoyance is why the hell is Bioshock Infinite and MG Rising and the new DMC in here when they aren't even released. If any of them end up sucking, they will be forever stuck tarnishing this game.
  16. Mar 18, 2013
    I'm going to try and make history as I evaluate this game without mentioning "That game". Y'know, Su- whoops nearly! Anyways.

Playstation All Stars should really be called "Sony presents Game Marketing for other titles coming out soon", due to the inclusion of characters and locations from games that were not even released when this came out, not to mention a distinct lack of some other Playstation legends *coughlaracroftcough*. Anyways, I don't really mind that. But what I do mind is a game that has flaws. BIG flaws. Two in fact.

The first flaw is the distinct lack of polish the game has. It all feels tacky. The menus, the loading screens, the character models, the almost forgettable story slideshow picture thingies (I swear that they just ripped some concept art off DmC and slapped the awful in game Dante character model over it). Even the "original" music is completely unforgettable and bland. Other games similar to this, where characters from various developers and publishers are included, are almost always presented in the best light possible, which includes top quality User interfaces and music (like Marvel vs Capcom). Why 3rd party devs would give this game rights to use their characters i'll never know. Wait, I do know, I've said it earlier already; Marketing.

That's my first flaw, and, compared to the other one, poor quality is only a mild issue. Yes, the second flaw was the decider for me between a game that's brilliant and addictive, and a game that's quick to lose its charm. Its the gameplay; more specifically it's the games scoring concept. Originally, the games concept seems quite interesting; beat the other people to get special gauges and use the specials to eliminate the opposition to score points and win. It only takes your third game however to notice how much of a misfire the concept is. As combat is all about building special gauges, you will always spam the same combo; the one that gives you more AP. You can imagine how tedious that gets. I was talking about this to a mate, and he said "Well vary the combos up then!". Why? The combo I use builds the best AP, and there is absolutely no incentive to vary my combos up at all. If the AP built up in a combo would diminish after using too much repetition then yes it would give us a great reason to be creative and different! But no. This includes items, which, because they cant kill anyone, or build AP up as much as a normal combo are completely pointless to use! It gets worse. As it is all about getting AP as quickly as possible, it creates huge differences in character usefulness, ergo, ridiculously overpowered characters, like Kratos. He can gain AP so quickly and efficiently, you can even spam lvl 3 specials with ease (which too is so much more effective than many other lvl 3s). Sooo other than that its fine...

In all its fine to pick up and play for around 20 mins before you get bored, until you get a little urge to try it again, and realise after 20 mins why you stopped playing before. In business, a company will always try and beat its competitors by doing what they do, but better. Rarely will a business look at its successful competitor and try and do everything different. I guess this applies to Playstation All Stars doesn't it?

Super Smash Bros (dammit!)
  17. Feb 8, 2013
    This is a DIFFERENT game than Super Smash Bros. It is not a clone, but definitely draws from the original idea.

First, the biggest WOW factor" for me is the cross-play/cross-buy between the Vita and PS3 version. This is an idea that is fantastic. Not only is the value of the purchase significant, but the whole idea is something I've been waiting for awhile now. The character roster is doable. It is not going to satisfy everyone. You will always have those "where is this character?" and "why didn't they include this character?" people, but the amount of playable characters is sufficient for a first go-around. The characters feel like you took them directly out of their original games and put them into the battle arena. What I mean is that they characters actually feel like they do in their own games, which is something I can't say for Super Smash Bros. The story mode is lazy with really no substance. It's the biggest detractor. They had a huge opportunity to blow any Super Smash comparisons out of the water with a superb single player story, but entered the same pitfall and ended up actually considerably worse than its prime competitor. The unlockables are great, but still not as solid as Super Smash. I had spent many hours with SSB Brawl that had more meaningful and varied unlockables. The games biggest gameplay difference is the Special Gauge. Once this meter fills up, you perform your special which is the only way to get kills. This style will grow on you, but it makes character selection more heavy on their specials than the normal combat moves. The game seems to focus on online play, which is definitely fine by me. It's fun and connection is pretty seamless.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it.
  18. Nov 24, 2012
    This is a really solid game and fun as hell both online and with the kids.
    This is a really solid game and fun as hell both online and with the kids.
    It's abit of a button basher but I guess I expected that. The list of characters is really good (Dante is me favourite so far). Don't know why people complaining about characters that are not in the line up right now when it's pretty obvious that they will be added later. Already star hawk charcter is being added as dlc for free, so it's pretty evident that more characters will be added.
    It's a fun game and achieves what it set out to do. I do hope a mode that adds standard fighting with health bars gets added?.
    The only similarities with ssbb is multiple characters from different games fighting on screen. Playability is totally different. Still doesn't stop reviewers from wanting it to be different and others wanting it to be the same as ssbb ( typical inconsistent reviews).
    Still great game and very enjoyable.
    Go get it!.
  19. Nov 27, 2012
    I've only played the Smash games a few times, so I came into this game without any preconceptions. It is a BLAST to play. I love the AP mechanic and the super-move-kill gameplay. I have logged dozens of hours on this game since I bought it over the weekend. The only minor gripe I have is that the final boss seems a little underwhelming, but that really is only a very minor gripe.
    I
    I like the roster, and hope they add some more Playstation favorites someday (Jumping Flash, or maybe Crash Bandicoot?)

I highly recommend giving this game a try. It's also nice that you get the Vita version for free when you buy the PS3 version.
  20. Apr 8, 2013
    Super Smash bros melee is a lot better with regards to the controls and responsiveness of the characters.
    Good music. The level design may seem a bit distracting at times. Zeus is overpowered on multilayer since its hard to 1v1 him. More DLC characters are on the way.
  21. Dec 27, 2013
    It combines characters, environments and ideas into a tight package that manages to keep you entertained. PlayStation All-Stars is its own game, and it even happens to do some things better than what inspired it. You and your friends will have blast with this game especially as a party game.
  22. Nov 24, 2012
    I am very surprised on how much I like this game. I thought that it would be a total rip off of SSB but this game can stand on it
  23. Nov 24, 2012
    WARNING: Before i make this review, to those who think this game is completely a copycat of nintendo's super smash bros. or suggesting that sony can't be creative at all this generation either grow up and be mature or leave that's all. STORY: basically pick the characters you want to play through the mode, fight your rival, defeat the final boss, and earn an ending. I was expectingWARNING: Before i make this review, to those who think this game is completely a copycat of nintendo's super smash bros. or suggesting that sony can't be creative at all this generation either grow up and be mature or leave that's all. STORY: basically pick the characters you want to play through the mode, fight your rival, defeat the final boss, and earn an ending. I was expecting SuperBot to make some decent storyline for all characters getting involved like how Mortal Kombat 9 and Soul Calibur 5 did it but having a storyline in a fighting isn't exactly easy to make perfectly. GAMEPLAY: The game is the reminiscient of Smash bros where 4 characters duke out in one stage to see who wins but PSABR is different where the only way to win is by filling up the super meter by fighting. Filling it in 3 different levels will determine how powerful the super moves are. You kill the opponent with a super you get 2 points. You die by their super you lose a point. Hazardous enviroments and spawnable weapons can most likely prevent your opponent from earning super meter quickly and steal their meter. Though the point in playing this just killing other characters with just supers isn't exactly the best way to win. If 2 fighters duked each other than all of a sudden a 3rd player can just kill both of them with 1 super no matter what level just isn't exactly good when they said that they were going to make this game very competitive to the fighting genre. There are 20 playable characters already 2 being announced as DLC but to me i think they could have added better popular characters but SuperBot were trying their best to get those characters but no scratch in getting them like ones that started the playstation 1 era but they cant get them to be in the game without dealing financial problems. Also other characters for example Dante not the original one but Ninja theory's version gives negative feedback. Capcom would pull: Oh you want Dante? okay we give you this Dante that everyone doesn't like. Though Dante and other previously exclusive characters made it in the final prodcut so we can forgive them. Not much customization isn't high only when you introduce your character or win with that character. Boss fight isn't impressing mostly because its reminiscing the MvC3 fight with Galatcus where he summons crystalized version of a character and you have to defeat the crystalized characters and the boss himself. I think why they did this is because of a former capcom employee Seth Killian also co--founder of EVO fighting game is involved in this game. The online is fun to tackle against other players but problems are people not spawning again after getting killed by a super or disconnecting in a middle of a match. The game is gonna get patched anyways sooner or later. OVERALL: I liked how sony and superbot were trying their very best in making their own creative version of Smash bros but in my opinion it was well worth trying to making it good but not enough to suddenly surpass Smash bros without fixing problems like online. If your a Playstation user since playstation 1 or person that enjoyed Smash bros then pick up this game later on you will not be disappointed with your money being well spent. I never played Smash bros but i really like this game not for being identical to it but for Sony and SuperBot being creative in their own ways. Expand
  24. Dec 2, 2012
    Overall, I really enjoy this game. The music is great, there are many different characters and maps to choose from, and the fighting is just so much fun! For each character there are many different things you can customize about them. You can change their costume, or maybe change their intro, outro, taunt, or victory music. The only problem I have with this game is that most of the cutOverall, I really enjoy this game. The music is great, there are many different characters and maps to choose from, and the fighting is just so much fun! For each character there are many different things you can customize about them. You can change their costume, or maybe change their intro, outro, taunt, or victory music. The only problem I have with this game is that most of the cut scenes are just artwork. But the intro cut scene is just amazing! If you liked Super Smash Bros, you will love PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. Expand
  25. Dec 31, 2012
    The game is not that bad with people saying it's a ssb clone. IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE it's just sony's turn to do it with PlayStation characters. The game is fun with your family or friends. But there are some cons about the game. There are glitches in online, people using op characters such as kratos, raiden or dante. The game just doesn't really feel like a ssb clone to me. My excuse is alsoThe game is not that bad with people saying it's a ssb clone. IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE it's just sony's turn to do it with PlayStation characters. The game is fun with your family or friends. But there are some cons about the game. There are glitches in online, people using op characters such as kratos, raiden or dante. The game just doesn't really feel like a ssb clone to me. My excuse is also they made the supers only to kill people so no health....Just killing people with supers. I can't really get a game in 1st anyway because people using the op characters and people who just don't try other characters. The game deserves a 7/10 though it's not great enough to be a ssb clone but a good one to say the least. Expand
  26. Dec 28, 2012
    Ok,I've seen a lot of bad reviews of this game and I had it for Christmas and I can say that this is it.THIS is the ultimate fighting game that the PS3 needed.It looks like SSB but it's a completely different experience.The online is great the kinds of battles that you can find are awesome.The only bad side is that there are missing a lot of characters as: Crash, Spyro, Snake(MGS),Ok,I've seen a lot of bad reviews of this game and I had it for Christmas and I can say that this is it.THIS is the ultimate fighting game that the PS3 needed.It looks like SSB but it's a completely different experience.The online is great the kinds of battles that you can find are awesome.The only bad side is that there are missing a lot of characters as: Crash, Spyro, Snake(MGS), Spencer(Bionic Commando), Commander Shepard(Mass Effect) and the old Dante.If you own a copy of SSBB and you play this you'll not feel any difference because they are both great games.Buy this game!!! Expand
  27. Dec 7, 2012
    All you need to know about this game is the gameplay which you'll love if you're a fighting game fan. It's simple yet deep and playing online against a more experienced foe always makes the game interesting and challenges you. However if you are buying this game to reunite with an old favorite like sir daniel fortesque or the classic parapa the rapper I suggest you pass. This game hasAll you need to know about this game is the gameplay which you'll love if you're a fighting game fan. It's simple yet deep and playing online against a more experienced foe always makes the game interesting and challenges you. However if you are buying this game to reunite with an old favorite like sir daniel fortesque or the classic parapa the rapper I suggest you pass. This game has a barely passable arcade mode that does nothing for the characters. If you really love the characters then you'll find their move set more fan serving then their paper thin plot and rivalries. However if you are considering passing on this game simply because it has a small roster I'd search for another reason. Each character has 3 attack buttons each with 4 moves that is a dozen attacks that have different uses on ground and air. that coupled with the ability to combo makes each character feel very unique and in some cases like DMC's Dante and Bioshock's Big Daddy make you feel as if the character has stepped straight to this game from their own sacrificing little if any of their controls or classic combos. And with DLC on the way I can promise a good deal of content incoming. Overall if you like fighting games with decent online play and highly nuanced characters this is for you, but if you are looking for a place to pal around with some of your old PS1 and PS2 buddies then I suggest you bust out the AV cord and dust off you old PS2. Expand
  28. Jul 20, 2013
    great if you have friends over, but if you don't have the additional characters and you want to play intensively? pass and get a wii with smash bros, this is nothing like like it, it fun for awhile but the gets repetitive and there isnt a campaign or a map maker or anything worth replaying.
  29. Jan 15, 2013
    I remember playing super smash for hours on end when I was younger, and I was expecting a similar experience but with characters that I had attachment to in the playstation universe that I spent a lot more time on. Unfortunately i didn't click quite as well as I hoped but what I did play I really enjoyed. I completed over half the campaigns but I find this game to be more of a localI remember playing super smash for hours on end when I was younger, and I was expecting a similar experience but with characters that I had attachment to in the playstation universe that I spent a lot more time on. Unfortunately i didn't click quite as well as I hoped but what I did play I really enjoyed. I completed over half the campaigns but I find this game to be more of a local multiplayer rather than a play through all the campaigns by myself. The concept of using Supers to get kills was concerning when it was first announced but after playing the beta I wasn't so bothered by it and now having played the actual game I've gotta say, I really like it. I'm not very familiar with how fighting games tend to en structured but I found it frustrating that some characters first supers were super easy to get and really effective, white other took forever to build up a sup that turned out to be fairly crappy. Maybe playing with more characters and understanding their techniques would overcome that issue but I don't foresee myself playing with characters I'm not interested in. I thought the levels were good but didn't really feel myself taking advantage of them and rather just adapting to those that were dynamic throughout the match. Visually I thought it looked great and even on the vita I was impressed. Online is a lot of fun too, and being able to play with a friend is great. It's unfortunate that people didn't get into it all that much, it definitely deserves a fan base. I'd say that if you have a ps3 and are into fighting games it is definitely worth it, especially if it's on sale. Expand
  30. Nov 21, 2012
    Ok this game is good, smooth with nice looking graphics (compared to SSB) the thing is though, not every round is unique like in SSB the items are nowhere near as fun as SSB and the level creation isn't as good. but there are alot more moves however they are not as creative as the SSB moves. The game is still a fun fighting game for local multiplayer if you don't have friends or at leastOk this game is good, smooth with nice looking graphics (compared to SSB) the thing is though, not every round is unique like in SSB the items are nowhere near as fun as SSB and the level creation isn't as good. but there are alot more moves however they are not as creative as the SSB moves. The game is still a fun fighting game for local multiplayer if you don't have friends or at least online connection don't buy this game. Expand
  31. Nov 24, 2012
    Massive copy of Smash Bros? No, it's way more than this... The Specials are among the best in Fighting Game history, mainly Parrapa's since it combines the game's musical formula to this wonderful game... The combos are great and easy to do. The levels are what most disappointed me, since most are box-type arenas, but the lack of Cloud from FFVII and Crash made me sad, but hopefully theMassive copy of Smash Bros? No, it's way more than this... The Specials are among the best in Fighting Game history, mainly Parrapa's since it combines the game's musical formula to this wonderful game... The combos are great and easy to do. The levels are what most disappointed me, since most are box-type arenas, but the lack of Cloud from FFVII and Crash made me sad, but hopefully the sequel or a possible add-on (hopefully free) will bring more... They could have put Virgil instead of Dante too and perhaps Big Boss or The Boss as secret characters. Only an advice: Grab the Vita version, you get the PS3 one and it won't be 2 GB filling your Vita HD Sticks that could be used for other games, plus is great to play this on the tip of your fingers! Expand
  32. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a great game overal, the multiplayer is great! Youll get hooked in no time. There are a lot of unlockables and stuff. The roster is great! And the stages and their music is awesome.the ps3-Vita compatibility works great The only thing that isnt great, but not bad either, is the story mode, it is short but you have 20 different stories. If you own a ps3 or Vita this is a must buy!
  33. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is deep, I'd say the strategy depth is no less than MvC but with all 4 character on the screen at all time.

Let's start with apparent "everyone can mash" simple move sets, how hard would it be to do up/side/down + square/triangle/circle with air variation? Plus 3 throws and block/avoid, I guess this is the most easiest to pick up fighting game like ever, no QCF, no directional charge(but have charge type attack), even a 3 year old can pick it up. Couldn't found a better excuse to introduce this to a friend.

But if you head into online match and get "smashed" by a level 100+ don't be surprised, you haven't learn your and his character yet. The single player mode has vast amount of I'd say carefully designed per character trial( which I don't think all the reviewer thus far get through even one of them in all star level). After go through the "General" ones, you can already get a picture that the developer wants to tell you how this game works, both by character of choice and the 3 difficulty setting. The All-Star is not hard at all in "fighting AI" sense, but when the condition is set it becomes tricky that for some trail I literally struggle for a while to get past(ie. Taunt All-Star is nightmare hard if you don't know Radec's move/super.)

And after that there is a per character one that designed specifically to your character. You say someone's super 1 suck? There is a trial that you can only count kills when the super 1 hits multiple targets, someone's super 1/2 is op? There is a trial that design to make you either counter or survive through that exact super. No need to record and set condition in practice mode to test it out, the AI does it pretty well while chasing me with giant chicken(And I learn that how fast Fat Princess could move at the same time).

And from the trial, it is possible that if by enough demand, there could be a crazy amount of rule tweaking can provide to both party and tournament. ie, always on super 1, or get thrown wipe your AP, or only combos can accumulate AP, or only hit multple enemy at same time can accumulate AP. Just by setting conditions of how you gain/lose AP and super, the strategy would change accordingly. I can't even imagine how madly fun this would be in party and tournament.

Any one say this is a SSBB clone probably get it totally wrong, yeah the bubble shield and ledge recover trick is nice at first but gets old really quick if all people are doing are those. PSASBR from design force you to engage, you won't see people try to play catch and hide after they nail that kill lead right away, you will see more aggressive combat, and deeper super landing/avoid strategy.(Sorry, you suck if you got one sided, better learn that character and know what it can and can't do.) This is a major difference by design, it won't be hard if the team want to put in a mode with health bar and addtional ultra bar to mimic SF, or put in a few more level with pit and change the AP meter into the damage meter as in SSBB, but would it be much fun to do so? Are people really only stuck in one mind set and think this is different than X so it must suck? My only complaint is the cast seems to be there to for 3rd party to sell their new character. But for a new team with fighting game veteran involved in design, I'd say if it gets long term support by fan that support it, you will get more character you like to be in the game.(How long does SSB go to gets Snake?) In conclusion, or TL;DR, this game is great fun and deep, go buy it if you enjoy fighting game.
  34. Nov 24, 2012
    Yes it plays like Smash Brothers, but does it make it a clone? No. Medal of Honor plays like COD, but no one calls that a clone. It's called a 'genre', perhaps people should look up the definition before slating a game. Of course every game is inspired by the best of that particular genre because they want the game to be good, and for people to like it. If the game didn't add anythingYes it plays like Smash Brothers, but does it make it a clone? No. Medal of Honor plays like COD, but no one calls that a clone. It's called a 'genre', perhaps people should look up the definition before slating a game. Of course every game is inspired by the best of that particular genre because they want the game to be good, and for people to like it. If the game didn't add anything different then I could understand people's anger, but All-Stars has a game changer which adds a tactical element to the game - Supers.

To score a kill you must build up your AP meter by beating up your opponents. Once you are able to use a super, you must time it carefully to maximize the number of opponents you can hit, and to avoid wasting it. There are three levels of super, so you also have to choose between waiting and using a more powerful one, or using weaker ones more frequently. Although the game can easily be picked up and played by anyone, the best players will always be planning their supers, and will be one step ahead of their opponents. Everything which is in this package is of great quality. The graphics are crisp, and the sound is great (the game has an awesome opening tune). The variety of characters is good, but could do with more classics like Crash & Spyro who Activision probably didn't allow permission to include. Maps are inventive, but could do with a few more. The story is a bit of a let down, but for a brand new IP which is focused on multiplayer, it's not too much of an issue. There are plenty of unlockables, and multiplayer modes (again more would be good). The cross-play with Vita is by far one of the best things I've seen in gaming. It is identical to the PS3 version and plays flawlessly. The save file transfers automatically, so there is no hassle in continuing where you left off. All in all this is a must have for any PlayStation and Smash Bros fan. Though it is slightly light on the content, for a first game in what I hope turns into a series it's still pretty damn good. They have clearly focused on quality over quantity, and with the promise of DLC there is still plenty to keep you busy over the holidays. I gave this a 10 because the overall score deserves a boost. With a slight lack of content I would give it a 9/10.
  35. Nov 24, 2012
    Please don't listen to the b.s. that the negative reviewers are trying to feed you and let me put it to you straight. This game is really amazing. Playing stock mode with my friends, I haven't this much fun in multiplayer since Halo 1 came out. Don't compare it to SSBB. Don't play it like SSBB. If you do you will definitely lose. Battle Royale is far more combo based than Brawl and it isPlease don't listen to the b.s. that the negative reviewers are trying to feed you and let me put it to you straight. This game is really amazing. Playing stock mode with my friends, I haven't this much fun in multiplayer since Halo 1 came out. Don't compare it to SSBB. Don't play it like SSBB. If you do you will definitely lose. Battle Royale is far more combo based than Brawl and it is harder for new players to win. Only being able to kill players with certain attacks may sound like a really stupid idea, but it actually plays out to be an incredibly strategic experience, especially when playing 1 on 1. The game also feels better put together than Brawl, although this is expected with the time gap between the games. Yes, only 20 characters, but more are on the way via dlc (which has been announced for early next year and will be free for two weeks, so keep an eye out. Hopefully, they will do all dlc like this.) Superbot has already stated that they know how important characters like Crash are and they are doing what they can to get them, but people forget about how many legal problems there are in making a game like this. Unlike Brawl, none of the characters are clones of each other. Even good Cole and evil Cole have 90% different move sets. Superbot did a great job pulling moves from the characters games and mapped them to the same button whenever possible. Stage design is also amazing, mixing two games for crazy and hilarious results.

Now for the reason why I did not give the game a ten. The story mode is bad. Very bad. There is actually little story at all. Every character has a static, comic book like intro, a rival cut scene, and a static, comic-book like ending. I expected a lot more in a cross over like this. The potential was so high. Also, the final boss was a bit of a letdown. He is just cheesy (although the battle is kind of fun).

I can't really comment on the online as I haven't played it yet but I played the beta and saw pretty much no lag at all.

Even with a bad story, the game is still a blast to play, particularly with friends. A definite buy for anyone that wants to see their favorite characters again.
  36. Nov 25, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised by this game. I will admit, I was a little bit skeptical at first as I was worried that the combat would be broken or very unbalanced and that it would be just a lazy knockoff of super smash bros brawl. I was wrong. The graphics are great, combat is quite technical and more varied than super smash bros as you have light, medium and heavy attacks and you can alsoI was pleasantly surprised by this game. I will admit, I was a little bit skeptical at first as I was worried that the combat would be broken or very unbalanced and that it would be just a lazy knockoff of super smash bros brawl. I was wrong. The graphics are great, combat is quite technical and more varied than super smash bros as you have light, medium and heavy attacks and you can also perform various combos with each character, meaning it's not all button mashing. After you've finished each character's story, you'll spend most of your time online, which is quite fun and it is easy to find a match. However, I'm just slightly disappointed with the roster. There's just about 20 characters and while that's not too bad, I was expecting a lot more recognisable favorites such as Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Sora and maybe even Solid Snake. I don't see the point in adding characters like Toro the cat. All in all, I really enjoyed this game. Well worth the money, every playstation owner should pick this up. Also, the PS3 version comes with a download for the PS Vita version of the game, which is fantastic. Expand
  37. Nov 25, 2012
    There are two major complaints that get made a lot when assessing this game. First is that it is a rip-off of Smash Bros. It is no more a copy of Smash Bros. than Street Fighter is a copy of Soulcalibur or Call of Duty is a copy of Halo. It is a different game in the genre of platform brawler, and as such has some similarity to all the other games in the genre (which is why it's calledThere are two major complaints that get made a lot when assessing this game. First is that it is a rip-off of Smash Bros. It is no more a copy of Smash Bros. than Street Fighter is a copy of Soulcalibur or Call of Duty is a copy of Halo. It is a different game in the genre of platform brawler, and as such has some similarity to all the other games in the genre (which is why it's called a genre). The second is that it doesn't play like Smash Bros (sadly enough, I've seen some reviews where both critiques were made in the same review). Once again, it is a different game in the same genre. Now that we have that cleared up, I would like to say that I love Super Smash Bros. We played it religiously in my dorms, to the point where we sometimes refered to each others by our preferred characters (I think on facebook somewhere there is still an album dedicated to those vicious tournaments...). However, looking objectively, Smash Bros. is not invulnerable, and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (referred to from here as PSASBR, even though both are a mouthful) does many things better in my opinion.

Since this genre is all about characters, let's get that out of the way right here, right now. Although I am solidly in the Playstation category of video game players, I have also played a lot of nintendo games. Nintendo has fostered the most iconic characters the gaming industry will ever have, and PSASBR can not match that roster. In fact, I was at first a little put off by the strange mix-and-match of characters. Who can blame me when you can have a psychopathic clown, a cartoon karate cat, a space soldier, and an undead knight killing each other on the same stage? My advice: play through the story mode. It's not that great of a plot, but it helps you get to know the characters a little bit better. This will make the game much more fun since some people may not know much about the roster going into it. Another roster-related complaint is its size: only 20 playable characters. Although we have been spoiled with large fighting games recently, I would like to remind everyone that 20 is within the middle range for fighting games, and more characters are en route via free DLC (yes, you read that right).

The core gameplay mechanic is what sets this game apart, and where it competes with Smash Bros. As you attack your fellow opponents, you gain energy, which you bank for level 1, level 2, or level 3 super-moves. When you release a super and land a successful attack, the character you hit temporarily disappears from the screen, and you score a kill. That's it. No health bars, no percentage meters making you lighter, and no death from falling off the stage. This game is more technique-oriented and it shows it by giving each character three attacks per button (normal, sideways on left stick, up on left stick, and down on left stick) for a total of nine different attacks (the fourth button is for jumping). On top of that, you can tilt the right stick to grapple your opponent, giving you three more options there (side, up, down), and you can block and pick up items to use. Items do a number of things from simply attacking from a distance to stealing meter from other players in the form of blue orbs. The best thing about this setup is that it favors actual fighting. Nobody can win by running away and waiting for the other players to weaken each other. If you don't fight, you don't build meter, and you can't score kills. End of story. And after having that one Smash Bros. player who picks Jigglypuff and floats around the stage until everyone is at 300% damage before joining the fray, it feels pretty damn good.

While this is a promising start to a new PS franchise for us to enjoy, there are a few drawbacks. Some items are overpowered; a skilled player can steal an entire level's worth of meter with certain items. Perhaps the most inexplicable, though, is the existence of stun protection. Certain characters have moves that will temporarily knock a character unconscious, forcing them to crumple to the ground. These characters are made invulnerable until they recover from the stun, breaking up any potential combos or kill shots you may wish to use after. Justifying this in a game with no health bars would take some explaining, especially since Okizeme is a huge part of many fighting games with health bars!

In short, this is a great addition to the platform brawler genre, and any Playstation fan with friends to play against will get many hours of enjoyment from this game. I look forward to a sequel to improve on what looks to be a great formula.
  38. Nov 26, 2012
    Lots of fun to play with friends and plenty to do when playing alone. It's really good! The vita version is exactly the same as well. Just hope crash is added as dlc :)
  39. Nov 26, 2012
    Fantastic game. Music and menu makes it look like I just grabbed it out of the 5$ bargain bin, but it plays like a fresh, polished, party fighting game. Some of the supers are better than others, but keep playing, you'll find a good balance.
  40. Nov 26, 2012
    Ob man wohl als fette kleine Prinzessin eine Chance gegen den Gott des Krieges Kratos hat? Diese und viele weitere Fragen haben uns schon Jahre lang gequält. Jetzt können wir endlich selber herausfinden wer in einem solch ungleichen Kampf die Oberhand haben würde.
    Ich denke inzwischen dürften alle gemerkt haben von welchem Titel wir gerade reden. Natürlich ist es Playstation All-Stars : Battle Royale. Bevor wir aber nun zum Test kommen möchten wir ein Vorurteil schon mal aus dem Weg räumen. Playstation All Stars ist kein Super Smash Bros Klon. Es ist zwar nicht zu bestreiten das
  41. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is really fun to play. I've thus far spent more than 20 hours with the game's story and trial mode and I'm still coming back for more whenever I have time. My friends and I really had a blast playing it together. Once they got used to the whole "only-deaths-with-supers" concept, everyone loved it. I must admit that I never played smash-brothers so I can't really compare to thatThis game is really fun to play. I've thus far spent more than 20 hours with the game's story and trial mode and I'm still coming back for more whenever I have time. My friends and I really had a blast playing it together. Once they got used to the whole "only-deaths-with-supers" concept, everyone loved it. I must admit that I never played smash-brothers so I can't really compare to that but for me this was a really unique and fun experience. The online multiplayer also works great and gives you almost the same experience as having friends over playing. The only criticism I have is that the story mode is bland and unimaginative. The trial mode is also somewhat lame. If they had taken a few lessons from Nether Realms on this note and I would have easily given it a 10. Kratos also needs fixing, he's really over-powered (at least on a low-level, like me and my friends). Expand
  42. Dec 25, 2012
    Wow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like thisWow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like this game, it's not perfect but i have a lot of fun playing it on multiplayer and solo. And playing with some of my favorite characters of my loved games is just awesome. And again Kratos came and kicked-ass in this game. Expand
  43. Dec 2, 2012
    A roster filled with Sony's flagship characters along with some recognizable third party visitors thrown into the mix. While bearing some similarities to the Smash Bros. series PlayStation All-Stars is a great game in it's own right.
  44. Dec 3, 2012
    I didn't want to bring up smash for this review, but it seems there is no choice and it must be said over and over again. This game is NOT super smash bros, so stop making the comparison. PSASBR is a very good game in his own way. It has a small learning curve, but there are plenty of tutorials to make you familiar with this game and each character.

This game was made for multiplayer,

This game was made for multiplayer, and that I what I based my score on. The multiplayer in this game is great, playing with friends online or offline is a certainty of fun. Twenty characters is a good amount to start a franchise with. Again I have to make the comparison with smash, yes smash has more characters, but the first smash didn't had much characters as well. It might even had less then Battle Royale has right now. I see this game is being reviewed with very high scores, but then there are some low ones in there as well. Who are, from my prespective mostly of people who are defending smash and feel like this is a rip off. To those I say: Try the game, don't make a conclusion without even having touched the game. It is a very good game, in his one right.
  45. Dec 28, 2012
    Only twenty characters, and none are unlock able within the game itself, the other characters are probably five bucks apiece. Good job Sony, a game that was made worse than one made almost five years ago. These are the other things that mess up the game, 1. Some moves seem similar 2. The final boss for the story mode in this game isn't the one that is mainly attacking, also stealing theOnly twenty characters, and none are unlock able within the game itself, the other characters are probably five bucks apiece. Good job Sony, a game that was made worse than one made almost five years ago. These are the other things that mess up the game, 1. Some moves seem similar 2. The final boss for the story mode in this game isn't the one that is mainly attacking, also stealing the silvered idea from ultimate marvel vs capcom 3/marvel vs. capcom 3 for ones actually head on attacking you 3. Most boring credits in video game history 4. You get hit way too far with certain attacks 5. Only able to kill with special attack/item 6. Parappa the rapper and a cat seem out of place 7. Dante from DmC? 8. No real reason for fighting each other in story mode 9. Can only use x to jump. There are also positive things that are in this game 1. Bosses from other games in final boss fight 2. Cut scenes for story mode 3. Characters look like they should 4. Fairly unique attacks 5. Ranking system 6. Unlock able things for all characters 7. Enjoyable to play. Lists for both sides will go on for a long time, each about equalling each other. Overall 6.4/10 Expand
  46. Jan 19, 2013
    An epic game and a hilarious game. Super Smash Bros can't have characters like PlayStation and the characters are great. The PlayStation and Sony Computer Entertainment made a awesome game.
  47. Dec 27, 2012
    Playstation All-Stars is a game that stands on its own. Well this game imports aspects from Super Smash Bros., it is it's own game. Playstation All-Stars incorporates a different new game play system, only being able to KO people through the use of special moves that you build by landing attacks and combos. The roster currently features 20 characters, with more on the way for DLC. ThePlaystation All-Stars is a game that stands on its own. Well this game imports aspects from Super Smash Bros., it is it's own game. Playstation All-Stars incorporates a different new game play system, only being able to KO people through the use of special moves that you build by landing attacks and combos. The roster currently features 20 characters, with more on the way for DLC. The games unlock system could be better as leveling up your characters only allow you to customize your characters and unlock icons etc. instead of your character getting better, however the characters have quite a few customizable options. Offline Arcade Mode is simply battle after battle with no story behind the differing characters. Single Player Mode in general can prepare you for Online Play. Pros: - Maps are very detailed with events throughout the battle - Great multiplayer that is pretty balanced - Not laggy - Fun - Cons: - Single Player isn't detailed - Leveling characters up isn't beneficial. Expand
  48. Feb 13, 2013
    The menus seem like that of an N64-era fighting game, and the story is super weak, but it is a fighting game, and that tends to happen. Aside from those issues, I had a lot of fun with this game. The fighters feel very different from each other, but I never feel like I am at a severe disadvantage with any character. If you enjoy playing fighting games online, then PSAS is for you.
  49. Jan 18, 2013
    This game, is really good for a game. While we all know it's based of Super Smash Bros, this game is good in it's own right. While the game has it's own bad side (under powered characters to overpowered characters, no actual cut screens in story mode, Toro with that flying glitch that flies your character to the top of the screen and be unreachable). This game is also good too. It is bothThis game, is really good for a game. While we all know it's based of Super Smash Bros, this game is good in it's own right. While the game has it's own bad side (under powered characters to overpowered characters, no actual cut screens in story mode, Toro with that flying glitch that flies your character to the top of the screen and be unreachable). This game is also good too. It is both a clone of SSB and not a clone of SSB. While it copies the four-player fighting style, items usage, etc, this game is also unlike SSB. It replace the % damage meter, and replace it with its own Super Move Meter, it also remove the death by flying off screen that annoyed us for ages. True, they don't add the PSOne mascots like Spyro and Crash, but have its own great roster (Spike, Jak, PaRappa, and Raiden), and unlike SSBB, which it barley any third-party characters (only Snake and Sonic), All-star has a good amount of third-party characters ( 8 of the 20 characters are third-party), with more characters yet to come. The stages on All-stars are not too many to most people liking, it is a good amount. The Stages of this games did a good job with combining games together, like "Dreamscape" (based on LittleBigPlanet and Buzz!). The Stages of All-Star, like SSB, have stage dangers, but unlike SSB, the stage dangers aren't needed to be forced on too much, and will not present danger after awhile (you can even turn of stage dangers). To sum it all up, All-Stars might not beat SSB, but if All-Stars becomes a series, it would eventually past the SSB series. Collapse
  50. Jan 30, 2013
    I'm probably going to be very biased here. This is a great game if you are a long time Playstation fan. No, i'm not talking about being a fan since the mid PS2 era. I mean a LOOOONG time Playstation fan. Back when the PS1 was fairly big and competing with the N64. This is not to say that people who grew up at a later era, or are just getting into the console can't enjoy this game either.I'm probably going to be very biased here. This is a great game if you are a long time Playstation fan. No, i'm not talking about being a fan since the mid PS2 era. I mean a LOOOONG time Playstation fan. Back when the PS1 was fairly big and competing with the N64. This is not to say that people who grew up at a later era, or are just getting into the console can't enjoy this game either. This game, much like Smash, is simply a celebration of the history of systems universe, the memories it made for us as kids, and a great way to show off the oldies to the new generation. Though, the selection of characters is a tad disappointing (for both good and bad reasons), and will leaving you asking "Where's Spyro?" or the like. The gameplay is solid, taking it's Ps and Qs directly from Smash, but adding their own twists. It's a real pick up and play game, but it's difficulty leaves something to be desired (one could clear nearly all of the challenges and stories on All-Star mode (Hard mode)) The stages are interesting, but the amount of things going on at once can strain the eyes a bit. Pulling off supers at the right moment is a tad repettitive, but can be wicked fun if you know what you're doing. The story mode is a little bland, leaving only still images with voice overs narrating over it at the start and end, one interesting cutscene when you face off against your "rival character", and the rest of it is a bunch of battles against random characters. No real rhyme or reason. Customization of characters via their taunts, intros, outros and even their victory music is a nice touch, but it's too bad they couldn't take it a step further and have more customization options for the character itself. Online used to be a bit of a hassle, but since the patch, things seem to be working fine right now. The multi-player vs matches have only a few select modes, which is a little disappointing, but it's possible the developers may create new modes later on. For what it is, the dedication the development team has to keep pumping in content after it's release, and the fact that it is a decently solid 1st entry to the world of 2.5D fighters, you can't entirely go wrong with this little gem. Go and be an All-Star. Expand
  51. Feb 7, 2013
    Offline Gameplay is fun. I like the variety of characters so far and cannot wait for the dlc. As far as Online its a bit laggy. Somebody can be laying on the ground and magically do their level 1 and your dead. A laggy Kratos is ohh sooooo annoying. People still get kicked out the party so hopefully next patch they can fix that. Monthly DLC is a must for this game to keep it sellingOffline Gameplay is fun. I like the variety of characters so far and cannot wait for the dlc. As far as Online its a bit laggy. Somebody can be laying on the ground and magically do their level 1 and your dead. A laggy Kratos is ohh sooooo annoying. People still get kicked out the party so hopefully next patch they can fix that. Monthly DLC is a must for this game to keep it selling because so far employees are getting the axe and sony just left the premises. Good luck Superbot. Expand
  52. Feb 13, 2013
    I'm a HUGE fan of Super Smash Bros. BIG fan. They are my "Go To" fighting games especially when I have a group of friends over. But that all changed with PlayStation All Stars. It's unanimous across the board with all my friends. It is far better in every aspect.In Smash Bros. you don't really have to be in the heat of battle to win. You can camp edges and troll opponents with highI'm a HUGE fan of Super Smash Bros. BIG fan. They are my "Go To" fighting games especially when I have a group of friends over. But that all changed with PlayStation All Stars. It's unanimous across the board with all my friends. It is far better in every aspect.In Smash Bros. you don't really have to be in the heat of battle to win. You can camp edges and troll opponents with high percentage and do very little attacking to actually win a fight. PlayStation All Stars does not favor those players in any sort of way. If you want to win, you have to be in the battle attacking. You have to actually be contributing to the fight or you will not even come close to winning. PASBR benefits the players who are skilled with the character they have chosen. It also has one thing above Smash Bros. DIVERSITY. Nearly every character in PASBR plays so differently than the other. If you play about 5 characters in any of the Smash Bros, you have the mechanics for all the other characters that will play exactly the same as the others. All of the characters are so insanely unique in PASBR. They all stand alone with their own unique moves. Much much much more challenging and is far more engaging than Smash Bros. Don't get me wrong, I still and will always love Super Smash, but PlayStation All Stars is far more superior. It is definitely for more aggressive gamers. If you're not an aggressive gamer, you can always go back to camping edges and trolling high percentage players in smash bros. PlayStation All Stars takes some serious skill. Expand
  53. Feb 18, 2013
    After playing this game for the past 3 months, I can definitely say that this game is among my favorite game of 2012. The game is balanced, competitive and fun. This game brings me back to the days of playing with my friends on the couch and playing for bragging rights. In my opinion, this game was underrated and over looked by many people. I think that's a shame because SuperBotAfter playing this game for the past 3 months, I can definitely say that this game is among my favorite game of 2012. The game is balanced, competitive and fun. This game brings me back to the days of playing with my friends on the couch and playing for bragging rights. In my opinion, this game was underrated and over looked by many people. I think that's a shame because SuperBot Entertainment did an amazing job in developing this great game. I was hoping to see the franchise grow into something great and see more of these games but now thats not the case. I don't consider myself a fight fan, but this game makes it very accessible to anyone and can hang with the others in the fighting genre. I can see myself playing this game for many years to come and its a must buy for any PlayStation fans out there. Expand
  54. Feb 21, 2013
    To get this out of the way PS ALL STARS BR>SUPERSMASH, in my opinion, il this game, I JUST GOTTA BELIEVE its so fun, I love t-bagging, it is more fun than in super smash, I love spamming as raiden/dante, I love costumes, many are accurate to the games of the characters, like dante's undershirt appears when you beat son of sparda, the rosie big daddy, in a cutscene IN Parappa the rappa,To get this out of the way PS ALL STARS BR>SUPERSMASH, in my opinion, il this game, I JUST GOTTA BELIEVE its so fun, I love t-bagging, it is more fun than in super smash, I love spamming as raiden/dante, I love costumes, many are accurate to the games of the characters, like dante's undershirt appears when you beat son of sparda, the rosie big daddy, in a cutscene IN Parappa the rappa, Parappa is in a rocket, WITH THE SPACE OUTFIT, I also love more than ANYTHING in this game, the online mode! I love t-bagging and seeing others t-bag, it is a thrill when some t-bag when I do, and barely any gets done in the battle, play as Spike, taunt- YOU'LL NEVEAH WIIIYNE, HIALRIOUS, I love the rewarding feeling in ranked match when you belt-up! Now cons, sometimes matches take sooooo long to be found, I just like the filter, except if I use it to perfect specifications for me, I don't want to wait 10 minutes for a 2-14 minutes battle, it's just crap. Also, cheap crap like Kratos's EVERY ATTACK, Drake's Barrels (btw when he pulls that crap on infamous tower I am envisioned to an atari, except Nathan Drake is Donkey Kong, Fat Princess is peach, Sackboy in a Mario Costume is Mario, BULLCRAP), i hate KAT'S BUTT**** GRAVITY PULL, the range is an EXTREMELY cheap opportunity for RIDICULOUS COMBOS! Now things for a sequel (it obviously deserves one). More characters more people know about, Give Kratos less cheap garbage blows. Put an adventure mode. But for now, ITS GREAT Expand
  55. Mar 3, 2013
    Despite having a smaller than expected character roster-seeing how Playstation had decades of icons- this game never fails to please. The characters all feel diverse, and not just copy-and-pastes of each other. The maps are beautifully designed, featuring a mix of different Sony IPs, balanced mapping, and interesting interactions and events in the background. The AP meter approach helpsDespite having a smaller than expected character roster-seeing how Playstation had decades of icons- this game never fails to please. The characters all feel diverse, and not just copy-and-pastes of each other. The maps are beautifully designed, featuring a mix of different Sony IPs, balanced mapping, and interesting interactions and events in the background. The AP meter approach helps keep this game feel different from SSMB, as it adds a creative way to score. My only complaint is the lack of decent servers, as the entire match will crash or start to get buggy if even a single persons connection is bad. So, for a low budget game, designed by a small developer, near the end of the PS3's life, this game shows promise, and hopefully will gain support for a larger budget sequel. Expand
  56. Mar 4, 2013
    At first, I wasn't a big fan of this game. I kept saying, "why doesn't this game play like smash bros!?!" But it actually grew on me. While the offline play is pretty lame, offering little variety in game modes, the online play is where it's at. Connection online is usually solid, which is more than I can say for Super Smash Bros Brawl. The developers are still coming out with newAt first, I wasn't a big fan of this game. I kept saying, "why doesn't this game play like smash bros!?!" But it actually grew on me. While the offline play is pretty lame, offering little variety in game modes, the online play is where it's at. Connection online is usually solid, which is more than I can say for Super Smash Bros Brawl. The developers are still coming out with new characters and balancing the original ones. The game plays differently than any other game I've ever played, it's refreshing. I would give it a 10 if the single player wasn't so blah. Expand
  57. Mar 5, 2013
    **This review is based on version 1.08**
    The game got some bad press because of some early balance issues and looking a little too much Super Smash Brothers. Fortunately, the balance issues are by and large fixed, and the game is far more fair and stable than at launch.
    **This review is based on version 1.08**

Super Smash Brothers and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale couldn't be a whole lot different, both are fun, but very different, I find I prefer PSAS over SSB, and many of my friends who are huge SSB fans agree that this game is definitely a nice change of pace for the party brawler.

The characters are fun, varied, and each takes a while to master. This game isn't as "pick up and play" oriented as Smash Brothers, but it's not needlessly complicated either.

Online game modes are fun, and it's a blast to team up with a friend. Offline or Online, playing with humans is far better than it is playing alone.

As is expected, the single-player story mode is pretty lacking. Cinematic scenes are few, and are made of still pictures of characters with a voice over attached. This isn't a complaint, merely an observation, given that most fighting games aren't designed to be played for story anyway, it's silly to make judgments based on a title's single-player adventure.

Give this game a try with a few friends!
  58. Mar 6, 2013
    Embarrassingly devoid of features, Playstation All-stars is just begging to be compared to the Super Smash Bros. series. And it comes across as mediocre on most accounts.

The Combat Mechanics are one-dimensional; build your super meter. The extent to which strategy really comes into play, is only whether or not you will try to save your Supers for level 2 or 3 attacks, with varying degrees of success. The characters are fairly balanced, but the lack of health or anything else besides connecting with a super feels stale.

Additionally, the gameplay mechanics that _are_ well conceived suffer from identity crisis. The regular attacks seem to be made for a different game in mind; not the that ensues during a 4-player free for all. And with no online 1-on-1 matching, this is painfully evident. Playstation All-Stars shines best when playing in 2-on-2 team matches; the weaknesses in design are most mitigated, and the strengths come through the most brightly.

The character roster is great (although Raiden standing in where Snake should be, and DmC's Dante standing in where the Classic Dante ought to be it's an opaque reminder that this game is standing beneath the shadows of Super Smash Bros and Marvel vs. Capcom). High notes go to Big Daddy, Kratos, Heihachi, Cole, and others, who fit in wonderfully into the game's theming. While there is some design issues with the juxtaposition between realistic and cartoonish characters (and especially_ backgrounds), the overall theme works well.

Where this game crumbles, for me, is the utter lack of features and incentives to continue playing. "unlockables" are limited to entirely meaningless pattern design options for your online "battle card." While these options are entirely welcome, they are at best a side dish. Yet they make up the majority of what you will be "unlocking." The other unlockables are alternate entrance/victory poses and music themes. These are also welcome; but lest we forget, Heihachi has been doing alternate entrance victory animations since 1994's Tekken. Each character does get an additional costume, which is the only really substantial unlockable. All of these are unlocked by simply _playing the game_. each character "ranks up" the more you play him. Adding insult to the injury, additional costumes have been released as paid dlc.

Playstation All-Stars is most noticeably lacking in game modes; online ranked/random matches, offline versus, Story, and tutorial. There are no "interesting" diversions among them. The greatest offender _by_far_ is the Story mode. A few still image panels act as the character's intro; a few still image panels act as the character's ending. The "writing" is atrocious, even by Fighting game standards. the opportunity to capitalize on character personality interaction is severely unfulfilled. Every match in the mode is uninspired and non-unique. Each character has one "rival match" with another; it amounts to a 20 second cutscene and meaningless dialogue. After the fight, there isn't even a "resolution" scene of meaningless dialogue. The final boss, while _arguably_ creative, in actual execution is literally just a few clone characters that resemble Smash Bros.'s Polygon team.

And speaking of Smash bros.; it is hard not to draw comparison. Specifically in features. The N64's 13 year old Super Smash Bros. has more more varied story mode (with target breaking, multiple kirby matches, etc). All-Stars has none of it. SSB: Melee has _considerably_ more variety and interesting things to do; a game more than a decade older than All-Stars.

It's alarming how quickly you will reach the "wait... That's it?" moment with this game. Unless you are type of gamer who enjoys repetitive online multiplayer battles _as_their_own_reward_, then rent this game to experience it for a time, and move on.

A _generous_ six out of ten.
  59. Mar 15, 2013
    Sony's attempt at a mascot fighter is a fun game and has great potential in the future if the series continues, But comparing it to the main game series you can compare it to "Super Smash Bros." It is not as good, It lacks the iconic characters that Nintendo has under it's belt and one of the things I feel will hurt it as a party game what it is trying to be is the fact that it doesn'tSony's attempt at a mascot fighter is a fun game and has great potential in the future if the series continues, But comparing it to the main game series you can compare it to "Super Smash Bros." It is not as good, It lacks the iconic characters that Nintendo has under it's belt and one of the things I feel will hurt it as a party game what it is trying to be is the fact that it doesn't work as well as a pick up and play game, the game gets better the more you play it and practice a character which I feel hurts it, But on the other hand it also makes the game have a deep combat system which will be good for some. The game lacks the urgent feeling to the combat that others fighters have where you are losing health from every hit, the only way to kill other players is with Super attacks which means the only attacks that really matter are those. Nonetheless it's a solid title and if you are a PlayStation fan then this is a great game for you, Just like the first Smash Bros, PlayStation All-Stars has a great chance to improve drastically if a sequel happens. Expand
  60. Mar 23, 2013
    Too many people compare this to SSB for no reason! Treat it like it's a different game and maybe you may enjoy it better. The combat in this game is not bad at all. Having to use your specials to get a knockout isn't as bad as you think. Once they've finally release all the DLC they'll do for the game (still hoping for Crash and Spyro), perhaps people will change their minds.
  61. Mar 24, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars Battle royal, is the newly released game from SuperBot Entertainment. It is exclusively on the PS Vita and the PS3; we took a look at this new game. Playstation All-Stars is Playstations take on Nintendo’s Super Smash bros. Playstation All-Stars lets you play from a great variety of Sony characters, from the little Sackboy, to Kratos, Big Daddy, Raiden and many more!Playstation All-Stars Battle royal, is the newly released game from SuperBot Entertainment. It is exclusively on the PS Vita and the PS3; we took a look at this new game. Playstation All-Stars is Playstations take on Nintendo’s Super Smash bros. Playstation All-Stars lets you play from a great variety of Sony characters, from the little Sackboy, to Kratos, Big Daddy, Raiden and many more! Right now there are overall 20 Characters, and 14 Arenas. Each of the arenas looks amazing, and is a mixture of 2 games, like “Dreamscape” A mixture between LittleBigPlanet and Buzz! Each of the arenas looks beautiful, and the transition between the different games is very smooth, the backgrounds are also very dynamic; it changes throughout the level, and is filled with Easter eggs from all the games. Another thing to take note of in this game is the music, each of the songs are a mash-up of both of the games featured in the level, so we have a God Of War mixed up with Patapon song, and so many other great ones.

There might be some awesome characters in the game, but we do not feel like all of them fits into the game, SackBoy, PaRappa and Fat Princess, they might add some of the humor to the game, but we do not feel they are necessary at all. We also have some problems with some characters, being a little Overpowered, such as Kratos, and Raiden. We do not feel like the battle system is balanced well enough, but I guess no game ever succeeds in that. Just like Smash Bros, you will enjoy this game the most when you are playing with friends, but they have tried to make single player a little better, by adding; Arcade, Combat Trials and Practice mode. In Arcade, you select a character and uncover the mystery of the merging world leading up to a fight with your character’s rival, and a final boss. These are pretty short, and mostly the same for all the characters, but it is a good way to learn how to play your character. And Combat Trials it is, as you may have thought, trails in combat. Where you can get better to know your character, you get to choose between 35-38 different trials. Where you practice using specefic ways of the combat. The game doesn’t have a health bar at all; you are just getting power from dealing damage, to then use on your Super Attacks which for some people can get you a lot of kills, and some not a lot, it is different from each character. And if you use your Super Attack at a wrong point, you lose all of your power, and you have to build it up again.

The controls for this game is very responsive, and you can do a load of different combos, which really makes the combat style different from each character and player. Triangle, Square and Circle, are all three attacks, while X is simply jump, having 3 like this makes you able to do alot of things for each of them, if you for example press Triangle, and use the analog stick, you can choose which way you will attack, and if you press up and use one of the attacks, you can fling your opponent up into the sky.

This is not our Game of the year, but we do think that this is a good series that Sony should keep on doing! It is un-balanced in a way, which makes online play not very good. A health bar is missing, and there is not story in the single player. We give this game 7/10.
  62. Apr 1, 2013
    At a glance, one might see this game and instantly call it Sony's cheap attempt to cash in on the hit that Smash Bros was. However, the game is mechanically equal or even better. The multiplayer is in almost every way better than it's counterpart. The singleplayer, however, is more than lacking. The story mode takes, at most, 45 minutes. The multiplayer offers both a ranked and unrankedAt a glance, one might see this game and instantly call it Sony's cheap attempt to cash in on the hit that Smash Bros was. However, the game is mechanically equal or even better. The multiplayer is in almost every way better than it's counterpart. The singleplayer, however, is more than lacking. The story mode takes, at most, 45 minutes. The multiplayer offers both a ranked and unranked matchmaking service, and makes it easy to hop in and play with a friend. While it may not be the huge hit Smash Bros was, it certainly competes with it. Expand
  63. Apr 6, 2013
    Save some cash and get a real party game. Smash bros... If you already have it and are getting wore out then this might be for you. Family night is smash bros night. Well gonna see how the kids are to this but from just solo play it is a clone. Items seem more added on rather then game changers but its a welcome addition to Family and friends party nights. I really wish they would haveSave some cash and get a real party game. Smash bros... If you already have it and are getting wore out then this might be for you. Family night is smash bros night. Well gonna see how the kids are to this but from just solo play it is a clone. Items seem more added on rather then game changers but its a welcome addition to Family and friends party nights. I really wish they would have tossed in an assassin. They fit a big daddy in there and it started as 360 so yeah. But that aside im pleased with the choices. Expand
  64. Apr 6, 2013
    I have owned the game for about a month now and can safely say it is a completly individual game compared to smash bros. you can level up and customise your character but the roster might be a little bland if you dont get the DLC, but when you have them then there is not much this game is missing, the stages each have their own little twists and vary greatly in size just like theI have owned the game for about a month now and can safely say it is a completly individual game compared to smash bros. you can level up and customise your character but the roster might be a little bland if you dont get the DLC, but when you have them then there is not much this game is missing, the stages each have their own little twists and vary greatly in size just like the characters. If you sre this game and either want a little challenge with other people inline or with friends in the room it is a great buy and well worth it Expand
  65. Apr 14, 2013
    Very fun game, poor story, bad online, but great fighters, tutorials, stages, and costumes. I liked the fact that there was character tutorials to show you how to play as that fighter. Overall an 8 out of 10, worth your money!
  66. Apr 23, 2013
    Sure, it’s often compared to Super Smash Bros., albeit deservingly, but in this instance the student has surpassed the master. Not only has SuperBot Entertainment created a title that every Sony fab-boy (including myself) has been waiting for, but they nailed it. Like a carefully groomed, ass kicking bonsai tree, the attention to detail it has received provides its beauty. This is whereSure, it’s often compared to Super Smash Bros., albeit deservingly, but in this instance the student has surpassed the master. Not only has SuperBot Entertainment created a title that every Sony fab-boy (including myself) has been waiting for, but they nailed it. Like a carefully groomed, ass kicking bonsai tree, the attention to detail it has received provides its beauty. This is where All-Stars roundhouse kicks SSB out of the dojo.
    The care put into every character and stage, from gathering a cast of icons from all eras of Playstation that are incredibly spot-on to stages that transport you to childhood, has shaped an enjoyably quirky atmosphere for all to enjoy. The deep combat mechanics paired with the inclusion of loads of unlockables, online matches (duh) and tournament rankings keep you coming back for more. Well done, SuperBot. Bravo.
  67. ZxZ
    Jun 5, 2013
    has amazing graphics and good gameplay but it's nothing new when compared to Super Smash Bros even beat the opponents life points is something you can find some time in Smash Bros. at the end it feels like a copy ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR PLAYSTATION LOVERS
  68. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It isn't a horrible game. I mean it is fun in some ways. However, Sony's game are too different to combine, I mean God of war vs. parappa?
    However, the biggest problem I have with this game is that it's a shameless rip-off of the Super Smash Bros. series. A crossover between your biggest characters? Nintendo did it first? Stages to go a long with character? Nintendo did it first, They even went into detail with their stealing, exact same color schemes for players with damage counters? Really? At least be settle about it Sony. This game tries to be better than the SSB series which we all know is impossible. They literally just took Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. franchise piece by piece. Side scrolling-arcade-beat 'em up? NINTENDO. ALREADY. [expletive]. DI. IT! Had they have gone with a 3d world, or free roam gameplay, I would've have been fine with everything else, but ripping off Nintendo piece by piece is unacceptable for any true gaming fan. Again, I mean Nintendo's games have sort of the same feel, so Link vs. Mario isn't mind blowing, and seems even, but Kratos vs. Fat Princess? A rated M game vs a game 5 year olds play. It's ridiculous.
  69. Jun 13, 2013
    This game was a great game to play .It contained many of the greatest characters from the PlayStation including jak and daxter, kratos ,ratchet and clank... The only problem with this was the lack of content. I felt like there wasn't enough characters and places to compete with super smash bros. brawl. The single player is good and the online multiplayer is just crazy fun and veryThis game was a great game to play .It contained many of the greatest characters from the PlayStation including jak and daxter, kratos ,ratchet and clank... The only problem with this was the lack of content. I felt like there wasn't enough characters and places to compete with super smash bros. brawl. The single player is good and the online multiplayer is just crazy fun and very competive. Overall this game is a must-have! Expand
  70. Aug 23, 2013
    This is a wannabe Super Smash Bros, and it does it's job for the most part.
    The character select is fairly small, and as PLAY UK said in their review, "10% of the characters are Cole. "
    The fighting system is fairly simple, nothing terribly unique, but the real good idea this game has is the AP. You don't have a health bar, and the only way you die is by a super move. Fighting builds up
    This is a wannabe Super Smash Bros, and it does it's job for the most part.
    You don't have a health bar, and the only way you die is by a super move. Fighting builds up AP, which you use to perform a super. Supers have 3 levels, the level 3 is absolutely devastating in most cases.
    You win by getting the most kills.
    The arcade's story is very basic, and some characters are overpowered (If you fight a team of Kratos and Raiden, give up on life), which is very annoying when people use these characters online, which brings anoither point; this game is meant to be played online.
    The game isn't a perfect fighter, but it makes a fun party game, and can be a blast playing with friends online.
  71. Jun 25, 2013
    yo man i bought dis gaem cuz cratos is badest mudafuka out der. and yo purple bich who r u? u aint even gaem. u dnt lift purple neptune bich. Who the fuK is Neptune!?!??!11!1!?!??!11!?!?
  72. Jul 15, 2014
    To be honest of all of the Playstation's first party games, this is fortunately (for the game) and sadly (for Playstation as a whole) the best. I mean yeah, but what is this game and why does it exist. Well basically it's a Super Smash Bros. rip-off that forces ten million bad gameplay choices in to make you believe that it's not a Super Smash Bros. rip-off but a mediocre game, but inTo be honest of all of the Playstation's first party games, this is fortunately (for the game) and sadly (for Playstation as a whole) the best. I mean yeah, but what is this game and why does it exist. Well basically it's a Super Smash Bros. rip-off that forces ten million bad gameplay choices in to make you believe that it's not a Super Smash Bros. rip-off but a mediocre game, but in truth it's both. First of all what is the story here, well it's basically an arcade mode that makes absolutely no sense at all. What do I mean by this well just try to keep a straight face while reading this next part: Humanity is in shambles... the things that once kept it alive are now taking everything from it and yet they keep fighting a never ending war... so fight Parapa the rappa cause it'll save humanity. So yeah the story's not that good so how about the gameplay. Well it does actually try to add some original spins, but they're all horrible. The first and biggest thing they add is that you defeat enemies by hitting them until you charge up your meter and then hit them again with an attack that kills them, and sadly that is bad because most of the good characters have really crapy finishers... and I mean really crapy finishers. Case in point the Big Daddy who should be unbeatable's main one is through out a little sister at an unbelievably awkward angle, and even if you hit a person it only works if it wants to... and most of the time it doesn't. Next is that the stages have hazards (lols innovation) and once they come out they never, ever, EVER LEAVE... EVER, and most of the time they annoy the heck out of you and mess up the whole fight. So with the main way of beating your enemies destroyed and the stages all sucking because of a stupid design choice who are the characters, well they're RIDICULOUSLY UNBALANCED. What I mean by that is that if you choose Heihachi (I don't know how to spell his name) then you will always loose, but if you choose Kratos you will never loose unless your against the greatest player ever. So with all that why did I give it a 5/10 well that's because it's still a Super Smash Bros.esc game and that keeps it from being a 4 or 3/10. So Sony got away with it this time, but I promise if Sony comes out with another one of these and still pretends like it's not a Super Smash Bros. rip-off then I will show it absolutely no mercy and pan it for what it is. Expand
  73. Feb 3, 2014
    I like this game, it is almost better than super smash brothers! With some work, I think the inevitable number 2 on ps4 WILL be better than ssb simply because of the system's power...
  74. Oct 2, 2013
    I love the game, but I wish it had more. Loved the music, really liked the gameplay, especially playing with friends, also stages and visuals, but character roster, story, and balance of characters needs a little bit to look at. And playing random on-line matches aren't that enjoyable unless you're a experienced player who loves to use overpowered characters. But playing with onlineI love the game, but I wish it had more. Loved the music, really liked the gameplay, especially playing with friends, also stages and visuals, but character roster, story, and balance of characters needs a little bit to look at. And playing random on-line matches aren't that enjoyable unless you're a experienced player who loves to use overpowered characters. But playing with online friends is great when you make it a fair battle. Also, lag and glitches need to be fixed. They happen more online. And I wish they had a in-game reporting system to report rude people online. I wish you can play your own music in the game if you're getting bored with the game music, but it's awesome nevertheless. And also add cross-controller support with the PS Vita, and add the PS Move to the mix. Since it's all about the PlayStation, adding all available game hardware is a plus. Great game, and I hope more will be added soon. Expand
  75. Oct 18, 2013
    playstation all stars battler royale is a lousy excuse to promote foreign franchises. bad choice of characters, lack of originality on the part of team santa monica estudios.un plagiarism and poor imitation of super smash bros.THIS GAME ONLY PROVES THAT PLAYSTATION CHARACTER (EXCEPT NATHAN DRAKE) HAS LESS CHARISMA THAN NINTENDO CHARACTER. WORST PLAYSTATION GAME OF EVER!!
  76. Jul 12, 2014
    This game isn't bad but it feels more like one minigame than a full blown game. Truth be told that I never was a huge fan of smash bros games, and the combat is on par with smash bros in this game. Also the online does not lag (You do need an online pass to play online though), Still the only real mode this game has is 4 player online battle mode. (and local of course but who really hasThis game isn't bad but it feels more like one minigame than a full blown game. Truth be told that I never was a huge fan of smash bros games, and the combat is on par with smash bros in this game. Also the online does not lag (You do need an online pass to play online though), Still the only real mode this game has is 4 player online battle mode. (and local of course but who really has friends at the ready for this?). You can't even play 1vs1 online.. I really don't understand that. Anyway Smash bros has had some serious alternate game modes like an adventure mode and challenge modes and such. This game you will probably be stuck just playing 4 player online.. and that's it.. again it's not bad but it's just not enough variety. Expand
  77. Oct 23, 2013
    Not a bad super smash bros clone. The gameplay is solid and there are a lot of characters to choose from. Very fun with a few friends. My only complaint is the finish system. They should have just taken the percentage system from super smash, but instead they went with finishing moves that have to be built up over the course of the fight. If you catch it at a good price, definitelyNot a bad super smash bros clone. The gameplay is solid and there are a lot of characters to choose from. Very fun with a few friends. My only complaint is the finish system. They should have just taken the percentage system from super smash, but instead they went with finishing moves that have to be built up over the course of the fight. If you catch it at a good price, definitely pick this one up. Expand
  78. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics look great; each character appears to look exactly like the actual games they represent, except for drake, the image of his face looks kind of different. Other than that the environments look great, although sometimes while battling I lost view of where my character was at. The game isn’t the best looking game but it definitely does shine. 8.5.

Sound: Amazing

Sound: Amazing sound track, voices acting is there, meaning the correct ones (at least I think) for each character. Reuses of original game sound track are great. 10.

Gameplay: Similar to Nintendo’s smash, although PlayStation all-stars has its own legs. Only problem is the game has no damage, you continually attack an opponent just to build a super. You can build up to an x3 super which pretty much allows you to kill off everyone on screen. The only problem with this is that not every character is balanced; some characters can get more kills with x3 or even lower super gauges. While it seems like they were designed to be balanced by having some characters build up a super faster, it still feels unbalanced. There are still the over powered characters, and as for the roster it is really good, but a lot more classical PlayStation characters, and multiplatform characters could be there. Overall the game is still a great party game, and an excellent multiplayer game with a good ranking system in which you actually level down. 8.5.

Story: This is the worst part about the game, the story is lacking a lot. There are certain moments in the arcade portion (one in-game cut scene to be exact) which are fun to watch is, and they should have added more of these. 5.

Lasting Appeal/Value: Worth it if you’re a fan of PlayStation/fighting games similar to Nintendo’s smash bros. I platinumed the game in 2 days, but the multiplayer will give you endless fun as well as playing with others as a party game. 10.

Overall Score: 8.4 out of 10.
  79. Nov 14, 2013
    I had hours of fun playing this game. To like this game you will need to learn all the moves, combos and supers. I was expecting this game to suck like most people but when i played it, it totaly changed my mind. There are some problems with the roster and the balancing but the gameplay and design of the game make up for it. Just wait for a sequel to come out it will blow your mind.
  80. Jun 27, 2014
    Its like Smash Bros! But not as good :| The thing that really kills this game is the supers, which is the main aspect of the game! What you do is hit people to get AP. Now if getting AP was the point of the game, then it would be better, but, no. What you have to do is use that AP to get more super energy. Then you use that energy to do a level 1, 2 or 3 finisher (which is the only way toIts like Smash Bros! But not as good :| The thing that really kills this game is the supers, which is the main aspect of the game! What you do is hit people to get AP. Now if getting AP was the point of the game, then it would be better, but, no. What you have to do is use that AP to get more super energy. Then you use that energy to do a level 1, 2 or 3 finisher (which is the only way to kill enemies) The level 1 usually sucks, & is cancelable by enemy attack. Level 2 is usually better, and is un-cancelable. Level 3 is usually a stage clearer, an invincible transformation, or the latter with a few tweaks to the other players. One positive thing I can say about the supers, is that it has a pretty neat effect. Expand
  81. Nov 25, 2013
    Along with the roster that most fans didn't request for, they managed to succeed a spectacular gameplay with each character's different fighting styles. They could've put a bit more effort on stages, but overall the animations around them were pretty enjoyable. The game is not as good as Smash Bros. but I think it's a good enough crossover for Sony.
  82. Sep 6, 2014
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal is a fun game for PlayStation gamers. While it is not perfect, the gameplay is fun and competitive. The character selection is decent, even though it is missing a few necessities. That issue aside, this is a great game.
  83. Dec 30, 2013
    I love the PlayStation and by all means I could be labeled a fan boy. But COME ON! This is not only supposed to be "on par" with SSB but supposed to bring something new. The only thing new was a horrible "kill meter" that was okay if you played solo but was extremely flawed in team matches, the reason I bought this game so me and my son could play. If your partner isn't good and keepsI love the PlayStation and by all means I could be labeled a fan boy. But COME ON! This is not only supposed to be "on par" with SSB but supposed to bring something new. The only thing new was a horrible "kill meter" that was okay if you played solo but was extremely flawed in team matches, the reason I bought this game so me and my son could play. If your partner isn't good and keeps giving up "points" to the enemy's "kill meter" you can end up being the one getting killed due to your partners poor playing. I found myself having to dummy the AI down so they wouldn't constantly beat him up and then turn around and take me out with the damn "kill meter." I loved the graphics, the "kill scenes" were awesome, I loved the characters, the unlockables were cool, but none of that makes sense when you can't even hit the ground before someone builds up a meter and spikes you off the field! I would have given this game a far better score if it didn't rely purely on a "kill meter" to kill someone. If it incorporated the "kill meter" as a bonus to doing well that would have been better, but purely relying on it makes you rely purely on long range attacks to avoid any other character with a "kill meter" boosted. I had high hopes, but SSB still holds the crown for this type of game. Better Luck Next Time PlayStation. Expand
  84. Jan 8, 2014
    While not nearly as good or addicting as Smash Bros, the game is very fun. The gameplay is addicting and fun and most of the characters are fun to use (Raiden especially). However, this game should have been much more. The roster could have been better, the balancing issues are pretty bad (again, Raiden) the arcade mode is garbage and the customization is disappointing. However, playingWhile not nearly as good or addicting as Smash Bros, the game is very fun. The gameplay is addicting and fun and most of the characters are fun to use (Raiden especially). However, this game should have been much more. The roster could have been better, the balancing issues are pretty bad (again, Raiden) the arcade mode is garbage and the customization is disappointing. However, playing this game with your friends is whole lot of fun. While not a must have, you should give it a try. Expand
  85. Feb 1, 2014
    PlayStation All-stars Battle Royale is a good game. The rooster could've been better but I happy with it. The game works that you have a bar in the bottom of the screen. The bar is the Super Meter. When fill up you could kill someone. This is how will win. You have 3 Level Supers. The Super aren't how many people you will kill is more likely you will kill someone. Some character have superPlayStation All-stars Battle Royale is a good game. The rooster could've been better but I happy with it. The game works that you have a bar in the bottom of the screen. The bar is the Super Meter. When fill up you could kill someone. This is how will win. You have 3 Level Supers. The Super aren't how many people you will kill is more likely you will kill someone. Some character have super that aren't good, but when you kill someone with let says Jak, Sackboy, or others is so satisfying. This game is like Super Bros., but in reverse. Instead pushing them out, you straight up kill them. There are things you could unlock like outros, intros, taunts, a costume per person, icons, background picture, victory music, maybe something else if I remember. Stages are every unique. Instead having one stage, for example Hades, you get two stages in one, like Hades being primary to Patapon being secondary. The music are remix of the stage you're playing , but in the menus and the opening theme is original. I hope there is possible sequel to improve this because this game does let room for improvements. I said get it. Should be around $29.99-$39.99 in PSN. Getting it used or cheaper should be worth it. Plus if get the PS3 or PSVITA ,or vise versa, you get the other version free. So you this only buy this once and getting PSVITA shouldn't be a risk. So getting the 9 score seem logical. Is not best game ever. When I play with friends or family or by myself we always have fun with it. Expand
  86. Nov 20, 2014
    This is my 1st P3 game and all I culd think about was SuperSmash Bros. This game is the same as SSB except with lesser characters and its just an imitation of a GREAT game ....SSB..... Otherwise..... its noting special, just another poor clone.
  87. Apr 14, 2014
    This is definitely one of the best games on the PS3. Before the game's release I heard about the combat system where you do not dish out damage, but instead build up AP (All-Star Power) for what resembles a "final smash" and I was really disappointed. When I actually bought the game I had no problems with the gameplay and combat system. Online matches aren't very fun, everyone wishesThis is definitely one of the best games on the PS3. Before the game's release I heard about the combat system where you do not dish out damage, but instead build up AP (All-Star Power) for what resembles a "final smash" and I was really disappointed. When I actually bought the game I had no problems with the gameplay and combat system. Online matches aren't very fun, everyone wishes characters like Spyro and Crash could appear in the game, and there should be the option to play Smash style for the people who wanted just that. Still, this is easily one of my most-played games and totally worth the money. Expand
  88. Oct 19, 2014
    este juego parece un plagio a super smash bros pero que agrega otro estilo aun peor pero que se adapta en en el ps3 y ps vita el mayor problema de este juego es la jugabilidad la falta de personajes escenarios y el elenco de voces original pero aun así demuestra una buena propuesta y la historia de cada personaje me dejo un poco seco y el jefe un poco estupido
  89. Sep 11, 2014
    This is by far my favorite PS3 game of all time.
    One of the few DECENT PS3 games with 4 players in local, the fun is infinite and the competitive part of the game is seriously the best I've ever seen, the combo system is PERFECT and the roster, even if one or two characters aren't great choice, is very good.
    This is by far my favorite PS3 game of all time.
    Stop comparing this game to Super Smash Bros, the only thing it has in common is the main concept, but it plays in a completely (and way more competitive) way, they're just two different games of the same genre, like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.
  90. Sep 7, 2014
    It's a complete ripoff/tryto smash bros., unfortunately it lacks the things that made smash bros. fun to play, the game play is very repetitive and the extra paid characters just makes it worst
  91. Nov 17, 2014
    The game is alright, it's just that they need more characters but it's stupid how the new ones are paid DLCs. The game is so freaking easy that I got all trophies and Platinum trophy. This is just like Smash Bros. but to kill an enemy you have to collect some random orbs or do combo attacks to increase your blue bar and you could do a Level 1,2,3 special attack to kill the enemy but inThe game is alright, it's just that they need more characters but it's stupid how the new ones are paid DLCs. The game is so freaking easy that I got all trophies and Platinum trophy. This is just like Smash Bros. but to kill an enemy you have to collect some random orbs or do combo attacks to increase your blue bar and you could do a Level 1,2,3 special attack to kill the enemy but in Smash Bros. you get the enemy out of the arena . I find it funny that Snake from Metal Gear Solid is in Smash Bros. Brawl and Raiden from Metal Gear Rising is in this one. Still a good game, it's that it needs updates and add new characters. A sequel would be fine for me. Expand
  92. Jan 18, 2013

1. Mar 15, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars battle Royale: Not the all-star moment everyone was hoping for, Playstation All-Stars battle Royale is instead a decent enough fighter with serious balance problems and a boring cast. [March 2013]
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    It adds that element of strategizing, especially in online play, where a player can knock out all three of their opponents in fell swoop. Plus, much to my amazement, a character I had no experience using won me my first online match – thank you, Jak.
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    Overall, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is mildly fun.