7.4

1. Dec 27, 2012
    While the concept of a Cross-Over Party Fighting game is definitly inspired by Super Smash Bros. , no comparisons can be made with the Nintendo successfull franchise. The gameplay is nervous and pretty fun, and some really stressful and therefore really gorgeous 1v1 can be seen. However, the concept of a Super Bar and of killing his opponents only by unleashing that super attack on yourWhile the concept of a Cross-Over Party Fighting game is definitly inspired by Super Smash Bros. , no comparisons can be made with the Nintendo successfull franchise. The gameplay is nervous and pretty fun, and some really stressful and therefore really gorgeous 1v1 can be seen. However, the concept of a Super Bar and of killing his opponents only by unleashing that super attack on your opponents becomes redundant... it's still a really fun game for Local Multiplayer. Expand
  2. Dec 25, 2012
    Wow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like thisWow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like this game, it's not perfect but i have a lot of fun playing it on multiplayer and solo. And playing with some of my favorite characters of my loved games is just awesome. And again Kratos came and kicked-ass in this game. Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    I wish I could claim that this brought all my PS fantasies to life. But NO. I think it's just as good as SS in many ways but it just does feel big enough. Do you know what I mean?
  4. Dec 14, 2012
    Is a very nice game overall, very addictive and fun.
    The cons of the game are the following: The rooster is poor (quality) for what it could be and makes you feel "incomplete" and with a lot of economical problems for having it good, makes you think that Dante for example maybe wouldn't be there if it weren't for his new game.
    Smaller roster, they could have added more characters of the
    Is a very nice game overall, very addictive and fun.
    Smaller roster, they could have added more characters of the same game like they have done with Infamous.
    feeling that the game is "incomplete", they could have more costumes, the character screens contains holes obviosly for futher characters that probably make it if the 3rd party wants, but thats the feeling a "they could have...".
    The best:
    Feeling of using each character extremely well done, when i use Drake for example i feel his hit and run style like if i were playing Uncharted, same as Dante and his combo cancels.
    Cool stages with lots of details.
    Very fun and addictive multiplayer.
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    All you need to know about this game is the gameplay which you'll love if you're a fighting game fan. It's simple yet deep and playing online against a more experienced foe always makes the game interesting and challenges you. However if you are buying this game to reunite with an old favorite like sir daniel fortesque or the classic parapa the rapper I suggest you pass. This game hasAll you need to know about this game is the gameplay which you'll love if you're a fighting game fan. It's simple yet deep and playing online against a more experienced foe always makes the game interesting and challenges you. However if you are buying this game to reunite with an old favorite like sir daniel fortesque or the classic parapa the rapper I suggest you pass. This game has a barely passable arcade mode that does nothing for the characters. If you really love the characters then you'll find their move set more fan serving then their paper thin plot and rivalries. However if you are considering passing on this game simply because it has a small roster I'd search for another reason. Each character has 3 attack buttons each with 4 moves that is a dozen attacks that have different uses on ground and air. that coupled with the ability to combo makes each character feel very unique and in some cases like DMC's Dante and Bioshock's Big Daddy make you feel as if the character has stepped straight to this game from their own sacrificing little if any of their controls or classic combos. And with DLC on the way I can promise a good deal of content incoming. Overall if you like fighting games with decent online play and highly nuanced characters this is for you, but if you are looking for a place to pal around with some of your old PS1 and PS2 buddies then I suggest you bust out the AV cord and dust off you old PS2. Expand
  6. Dec 3, 2012
    More than I ever hoped for, sure SSB set the bar and that bar does not get toppled by PS-All Stars, but it does get met. The feel is there, those tense moments right at the end of the battle, the eclectic mix of characters brought together in a (mostly) balanced way each with their own style, and the variety in every battle. The kill system doesn't quite reach the levels that SSB hit, andMore than I ever hoped for, sure SSB set the bar and that bar does not get toppled by PS-All Stars, but it does get met. The feel is there, those tense moments right at the end of the battle, the eclectic mix of characters brought together in a (mostly) balanced way each with their own style, and the variety in every battle. The kill system doesn't quite reach the levels that SSB hit, and there does need to be some additional balancing, and we do need more levels (Praise be to the age of DLC....) but if you liked SSB, which you should have, then don't pass this one up. Expand
  7. Dec 3, 2012
    I love this game, the gameplay is great, graphics are good for what it is and levelling up is addictive. The issue with it is, is that the game is so unbalanced. Cratos is rediculasly overpowered and I can't stress over powered enough and sir Daniel is near useless. I just found out that an update is coming to make only sack boy less powerful and he is one of the weaker characters! AnotherI love this game, the gameplay is great, graphics are good for what it is and levelling up is addictive. The issue with it is, is that the game is so unbalanced. Cratos is rediculasly overpowered and I can't stress over powered enough and sir Daniel is near useless. I just found out that an update is coming to make only sack boy less powerful and he is one of the weaker characters! Another complaint is that the supposed "story mode" has pretty much no story. A positive though is cross buy and cross play with the vita works absolutely perfectly. If you have a vita and ps3 this is a great feature, being able to carry on your games progress from the ps3 on the go with the vita is something that is amazing to actually do. Overall it's a good game with addictive elements and seamless cross play but some frustrating issues holds it back from being any where near the standerd of its rival super smash bros. Expand
  8. Dec 3, 2012
    Arcade=Fun and Funny. Great time playing
    Arcade=Fun and Funny. Great time playing
    Online-If it wasnt for the OverlySpammable nature of players playing online this game would get at least a 9.5. Been playing online with a friend since it came out and all we have seen is spam...spam...spam...spam...spam...spam...kratos....spam....raiden....spam...spam...spam. Thats how it is. its rediculous. And i thought Brawl had alot of spammers NOPE!!!! All Stars promotes spamming. Its not a bad game its just the players that play it have no concept of the game or how to use the characters correctly. You can tell whos played brawl and who hasnt its sad.
    Offline wise-9.5/10
    Online-6.3/10
  9. Dec 3, 2012
    I didn't want to bring up smash for this review, but it seems there is no choice and it must be said over and over again. This game is NOT super smash bros, so stop making the comparison. PSASBR is a very good game in his own way. It has a small learning curve, but there are plenty of tutorials to make you familiar with this game and each character.

This game was made for multiplayer,

This game was made for multiplayer, and that I what I based my score on. The multiplayer in this game is great, playing with friends online or offline is a certainty of fun. Twenty characters is a good amount to start a franchise with. Again I have to make the comparison with smash, yes smash has more characters, but the first smash didn't had much characters as well. It might even had less then Battle Royale has right now. I see this game is being reviewed with very high scores, but then there are some low ones in there as well. Who are, from my prespective mostly of people who are defending smash and feel like this is a rip off. To those I say: Try the game, don't make a conclusion without even having touched the game. It is a very good game, in his one right.
  10. Dec 2, 2012
    Overall, I really enjoy this game. The music is great, there are many different characters and maps to choose from, and the fighting is just so much fun! For each character there are many different things you can customize about them. You can change their costume, or maybe change their intro, outro, taunt, or victory music. The only problem I have with this game is that most of the cutOverall, I really enjoy this game. The music is great, there are many different characters and maps to choose from, and the fighting is just so much fun! For each character there are many different things you can customize about them. You can change their costume, or maybe change their intro, outro, taunt, or victory music. The only problem I have with this game is that most of the cut scenes are just artwork. But the intro cut scene is just amazing! If you liked Super Smash Bros, you will love PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. Expand
  11. Dec 2, 2012
    Amazing game, if you read the negative reviews you'll see how ridiculous they are. I wasn't expecting much of this game but believe me, it surprises you, by the way it hasa story mode and lots of unlockables. Don't let trolls fool you.
  12. Dec 2, 2012
    This is a great game, i'm not a fan of unrealistic fighters like this but i was blown away by the quality of this game, and i think it's kinda sad that some Nintendo fanboys are just giving it low scores calling it a clone or whatever, give this game a chance, it's not a clone, beleve me.
  13. Dec 2, 2012
    On the outside PS All-Stars Battle Royale appeares to have the making of a huge brawling epic. The concept of all our PS All-Stars scrapping in imaginitive and fantastically crafted environments is a fabulous concept. For what All-Stars Battle Royale visually presents to the player, it doesn't disappoint. But when you play it, some of the magic starts to unravel and repetition startsOn the outside PS All-Stars Battle Royale appeares to have the making of a huge brawling epic. The concept of all our PS All-Stars scrapping in imaginitive and fantastically crafted environments is a fabulous concept. For what All-Stars Battle Royale visually presents to the player, it doesn't disappoint. But when you play it, some of the magic starts to unravel and repetition starts sticking in. Each fight can simply be finished with mindless button spamming and the game never encourages different play styles. Sure this problem is similar with most fighters, but All Stars Battle Royale is likely to gain criticism for this. The prologue and epilogue cutscenes are lazy alternatives for full blown cutscenes and the final boss encounter is a total pushover of button spamming. Sure, this makes the game very accessible for Playstation fans and casual gamers, but there isn't a significant challenge, even on the legend setting. The best part about ASBR is that it has glimpses of brilliant rival potential. Seeing Drake and Sly or Ratchet/Clank and Jak/Daxter talking trash to each other are truly great snippets. Also that salivating Madeon backing intro shows the potential that All Stars Battle Royale has. It's a decent enough distraction for massive playstation fans, but is a real disappointment considering the monolithic potential it had combining the personalities of all these characters together. Expand
  14. Dec 2, 2012
    A roster filled with Sony's flagship characters along with some recognizable third party visitors thrown into the mix. While bearing some similarities to the Smash Bros. series PlayStation All-Stars is a great game in it's own right.
  15. dz9
    Nov 30, 2012
    Right off the bat, it is obvious that PS All Stars Battle Royale borrows inspiration from Super Smash Bros, but the similarities soon die there, but not for the better. Let's start with the good, PS All Stars has managed to integrate many different elements from various Playstation universes into one brawl successfully. The Playstation fan will be in awe after seeing how each characterRight off the bat, it is obvious that PS All Stars Battle Royale borrows inspiration from Super Smash Bros, but the similarities soon die there, but not for the better. Let's start with the good, PS All Stars has managed to integrate many different elements from various Playstation universes into one brawl successfully. The Playstation fan will be in awe after seeing how each character controls how they do in their actual titles, such as Nathan Drake's cover system attacks and Daunte's ability to chain Ebony and Ivory... such fan service should be applauded. But that's where the good ends, the gameplay itself is stale, sluggish, and bland. The main problem is that it's not dynamic like SSB, even with it's complex fighting mechanic (love it or hate it), the attacks never seem to be that rewarding. Which could contribute to the fact that there is no health system of any kind, leaving defense almost useless save for a few instances. The Good: Great artstyle, great integration of characters, amazing fan service, addicting online. The Bad: Stale unrewarding gameplay, bland and short campaign. Expand
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    I freaking love this game. I haven't been this addicted to a video game in such a long time. If you've been on the fence on this game, I suggests that you get it.
  17. Nov 28, 2012
    A fun beat-em-up with 4 players, but as a fighting game it's horrendously flawed.

If you're reading this you probably already know the premise of PlayStation All-Stars; A 4 play beat-em-up featuring (mostly) Sony characters. PSABR's combat system, which makes super moves the only method to get kills it both it's greatest strength and most crippling weakness. In a 4 player match, you

PSABR's combat system, which makes super moves the only method to get kills it both it's greatest strength and most crippling weakness. In a 4 player match, you can beat on other players gain super meter very quickly and strategize on which super would be best for their situation, leading to some genuinely fun moments in gameplay. 4 player (and 2v2 variants) fighting is unfortunately where the fun ends with this game. In a 1v1 setting it's horribly paced and fundamentally broken. When fighting against one person, super meter builds more slowly, often causing matches to drag on. This would not be a problem if match setting could be modified to include time as well as stock, but currently you can only choose one or the other. 1v1 character balance is also very poor. Characters like Raiden, Dante and Kratos have attacks with quick start up, long reach and a lot of active frames. This leads to getting hit when you thought an attack animation ended and getting hit when you thought an attack would miss. Many character also have easier ways to hit confirm into a LVL1 super than others. For example, Dante can combo, cancel, and then go into super for a guaranteed kill. Considering that LVL1 builds faster than any other super, his combos can build a full meter, and not many other characters can do this, this gives him a significant advantage, and that's barely scratching the surface of problems. I have played many competitive fighters and this game is in no way, shape or form a competitive fighter.

The graphics for the game make the game look like a downloadable or budget title. The sound is fairly good. Most of the the themes come straight from their respective games. The slight remixes and music mash ups are entertaining.

In terms of gametypes the game is very barebones with just the standard variations of supers-only-kill modes. The unlockable extras for each character are a welcome feature, but it ultimately feels....insubstantial. Especially considering the price of the game.

(This small chunk of my review is opinionated and has little to do with the overall quality of the game): The roster for this game is also sorely lacking. I know fans of this game have their own camps, each asking for their third party character to make the roster for whatever reason, but what about Sony's first parties? Where are Level 5's character's? What about Team ICO? No Wipeout, No Wild Arms, No Legend of Dragoon, War of the Monsters, Frequency, Folklore, Mark of Kri, The list goes on. The creation of this game seems less about celebration of PlayStation throughout it's history and more about advertising their most currently relevant franchises, which would more than explain the incarnations of characters from unreleased games (at the time of this post).

In the end, this game is quite fun as a 4 player mash up. Just don't expect it to be fun as anything else.
  18. Nov 27, 2012
    I've only played the Smash games a few times, so I came into this game without any preconceptions. It is a BLAST to play. I love the AP mechanic and the super-move-kill gameplay. I have logged dozens of hours on this game since I bought it over the weekend. The only minor gripe I have is that the final boss seems a little underwhelming, but that really is only a very minor gripe.
    I
    I like the roster, and hope they add some more Playstation favorites someday (Jumping Flash, or maybe Crash Bandicoot?)

I highly recommend giving this game a try. It's also nice that you get the Vita version for free when you buy the PS3 version.
  19. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is really fun to play. I've thus far spent more than 20 hours with the game's story and trial mode and I'm still coming back for more whenever I have time. My friends and I really had a blast playing it together. Once they got used to the whole "only-deaths-with-supers" concept, everyone loved it. I must admit that I never played smash-brothers so I can't really compare to thatThis game is really fun to play. I've thus far spent more than 20 hours with the game's story and trial mode and I'm still coming back for more whenever I have time. My friends and I really had a blast playing it together. Once they got used to the whole "only-deaths-with-supers" concept, everyone loved it. I must admit that I never played smash-brothers so I can't really compare to that but for me this was a really unique and fun experience. The online multiplayer also works great and gives you almost the same experience as having friends over playing. The only criticism I have is that the story mode is bland and unimaginative. The trial mode is also somewhat lame. If they had taken a few lessons from Nether Realms on this note and I would have easily given it a 10. Kratos also needs fixing, he's really over-powered (at least on a low-level, like me and my friends). Expand
  20. Nov 26, 2012
    This game has fully lived up to my expectations (AND MORE!) I found the story mode (while not ABSOLUTELY PERFECT) pretty cool since each characters cutscenes felt like that is how it would be like in each of their respective games. With tons of modes for you to get into and really learn the ins and outs of this game as well as be able to practice with your favourite characters (That areThis game has fully lived up to my expectations (AND MORE!) I found the story mode (while not ABSOLUTELY PERFECT) pretty cool since each characters cutscenes felt like that is how it would be like in each of their respective games. With tons of modes for you to get into and really learn the ins and outs of this game as well as be able to practice with your favourite characters (That are all very unique and balanced, those who say otherwise just need to practice more and develop strategies in order to combat a character dubbed "OP") and truly be able to use them effectively. But the real fun is in the multiplayer! both online AND offline, it is super fun, deep and addictive and the more I play, the more I enjoy this game! There are MANY MANY moments within this game that get so intense and I'm like "DAMN, you got me there, but I'm gonna get you next time!". The multiplayer is really amazing with each character having their own distinct playstyles to them which is truly spectacular (ESP in 2v2 where you can combine 2 characters playstyles and use it to your advantage to take out the competition). But that's not all boys and girls (I'm REALLY loving Sweet Tooth in this game), as this game has ALOT of unlockables that will keep you busy for months and months to come! and this games customization features are really good as well! being able to customize my profile so that people recognize who they are dealing with online every time they see my profile card is just great! I absolutely love this game and can't wait to get the DLC that they will release for it! there is literally nothing that I DON'T like about this game! (sure it has its bugs here and there, but I know Superbot will fix them, plus they don't really bother me that much, so it doesn't hinder my experience at all)...YOU HAVE GOT TO GET THIS GAME! Expand
  21. Nov 26, 2012
    Ob man wohl als fette kleine Prinzessin eine Chance gegen den Gott des Krieges Kratos hat? Diese und viele weitere Fragen haben uns schon Jahre lang gequält. Jetzt können wir endlich selber herausfinden wer in einem solch ungleichen Kampf die Oberhand haben würde.
    Ich denke inzwischen dürften alle gemerkt haben von welchem Titel wir gerade reden. Natürlich ist es Playstation All-Stars : Battle Royale. Bevor wir aber nun zum Test kommen möchten wir ein Vorurteil schon mal aus dem Weg räumen. Playstation All Stars ist kein Super Smash Bros Klon. Es ist zwar nicht zu bestreiten das
  22. Nov 26, 2012
    Fantastic game. Music and menu makes it look like I just grabbed it out of the 5$ bargain bin, but it plays like a fresh, polished, party fighting game. Some of the supers are better than others, but keep playing, you'll find a good balance.
  23. Nov 26, 2012
    Lots of fun to play with friends and plenty to do when playing alone. It's really good! The vita version is exactly the same as well. Just hope crash is added as dlc :)
  24. Nov 25, 2012
    There are two major complaints that get made a lot when assessing this game. First is that it is a rip-off of Smash Bros. It is no more a copy of Smash Bros. than Street Fighter is a copy of Soulcalibur or Call of Duty is a copy of Halo. It is a different game in the genre of platform brawler, and as such has some similarity to all the other games in the genre (which is why it's calledThere are two major complaints that get made a lot when assessing this game. First is that it is a rip-off of Smash Bros. It is no more a copy of Smash Bros. than Street Fighter is a copy of Soulcalibur or Call of Duty is a copy of Halo. It is a different game in the genre of platform brawler, and as such has some similarity to all the other games in the genre (which is why it's called a genre). The second is that it doesn't play like Smash Bros (sadly enough, I've seen some reviews where both critiques were made in the same review). Once again, it is a different game in the same genre. Now that we have that cleared up, I would like to say that I love Super Smash Bros. We played it religiously in my dorms, to the point where we sometimes refered to each others by our preferred characters (I think on facebook somewhere there is still an album dedicated to those vicious tournaments...). However, looking objectively, Smash Bros. is not invulnerable, and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (referred to from here as PSASBR, even though both are a mouthful) does many things better in my opinion.

Since this genre is all about characters, let's get that out of the way right here, right now. Although I am solidly in the Playstation category of video game players, I have also played a lot of nintendo games. Nintendo has fostered the most iconic characters the gaming industry will ever have, and PSASBR can not match that roster. In fact, I was at first a little put off by the strange mix-and-match of characters. Who can blame me when you can have a psychopathic clown, a cartoon karate cat, a space soldier, and an undead knight killing each other on the same stage? My advice: play through the story mode. It's not that great of a plot, but it helps you get to know the characters a little bit better. This will make the game much more fun since some people may not know much about the roster going into it. Another roster-related complaint is its size: only 20 playable characters. Although we have been spoiled with large fighting games recently, I would like to remind everyone that 20 is within the middle range for fighting games, and more characters are en route via free DLC (yes, you read that right).

The core gameplay mechanic is what sets this game apart, and where it competes with Smash Bros. As you attack your fellow opponents, you gain energy, which you bank for level 1, level 2, or level 3 super-moves. When you release a super and land a successful attack, the character you hit temporarily disappears from the screen, and you score a kill. That's it. No health bars, no percentage meters making you lighter, and no death from falling off the stage. This game is more technique-oriented and it shows it by giving each character three attacks per button (normal, sideways on left stick, up on left stick, and down on left stick) for a total of nine different attacks (the fourth button is for jumping). On top of that, you can tilt the right stick to grapple your opponent, giving you three more options there (side, up, down), and you can block and pick up items to use. Items do a number of things from simply attacking from a distance to stealing meter from other players in the form of blue orbs. The best thing about this setup is that it favors actual fighting. Nobody can win by running away and waiting for the other players to weaken each other. If you don't fight, you don't build meter, and you can't score kills. End of story. And after having that one Smash Bros. player who picks Jigglypuff and floats around the stage until everyone is at 300% damage before joining the fray, it feels pretty damn good.

While this is a promising start to a new PS franchise for us to enjoy, there are a few drawbacks. Some items are overpowered; a skilled player can steal an entire level's worth of meter with certain items. Perhaps the most inexplicable, though, is the existence of stun protection. Certain characters have moves that will temporarily knock a character unconscious, forcing them to crumple to the ground. These characters are made invulnerable until they recover from the stun, breaking up any potential combos or kill shots you may wish to use after. Justifying this in a game with no health bars would take some explaining, especially since Okizeme is a huge part of many fighting games with health bars!

In short, this is a great addition to the platform brawler genre, and any Playstation fan with friends to play against will get many hours of enjoyment from this game. I look forward to a sequel to improve on what looks to be a great formula.
  25. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is much better than I expected. The fighting is deep, the controls are perfect, and the supers system works really well and is a nice change of pace from every other fighter. The only annoyance is why the hell is Bioshock Infinite and MG Rising and the new DMC in here when they aren't even released. If any of them end up sucking, they will be forever stuck tarnishing this game.
  26. Nov 25, 2012
    I just can't express my disappointment enough with this game! So here is my review: GRAPHICS: For a PS3 game that has some of the most iconic characters in gaming history, it also has some of the most bland, simplistic, and uninspiring visuals I have seen in a long time. Anyone would think that a game of this caliber would show off what the PS3 is capable of doing...but is this truly aI just can't express my disappointment enough with this game! So here is my review: GRAPHICS: For a PS3 game that has some of the most iconic characters in gaming history, it also has some of the most bland, simplistic, and uninspiring visuals I have seen in a long time. Anyone would think that a game of this caliber would show off what the PS3 is capable of doing...but is this truly a PS3 title? or more like a Vita mediocre game ported to the PS3!?
    AUDIO: Well no matter how bad a game can be, the sound is pretty hard to mess up. With that said the sound is proper but not memorable.
    GAMEPLAY: This is where I have to say DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY...although this is NO CLONE to MASH BROTHERS, you will wish it was. This game is plagued by so many under developed gameplay ideas not to mention how badly UNBALANCED this title is...it will irritate you to no end....is it me or these characters have a "floating motion" every time you jump or get hit.!? BOTTOM LINE: With Uninspiring visuals and lack of character detail, an OK audio, and Under developed gameplay ideas I have to say I do regret my purchase....this game needs a day 1 patch right away, but I doubt the graphics can be redone to make them worth of the title "ALL STARS".
  27. Nov 25, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised by this game. I will admit, I was a little bit skeptical at first as I was worried that the combat would be broken or very unbalanced and that it would be just a lazy knockoff of super smash bros brawl. I was wrong. The graphics are great, combat is quite technical and more varied than super smash bros as you have light, medium and heavy attacks and you can alsoI was pleasantly surprised by this game. I will admit, I was a little bit skeptical at first as I was worried that the combat would be broken or very unbalanced and that it would be just a lazy knockoff of super smash bros brawl. I was wrong. The graphics are great, combat is quite technical and more varied than super smash bros as you have light, medium and heavy attacks and you can also perform various combos with each character, meaning it's not all button mashing. After you've finished each character's story, you'll spend most of your time online, which is quite fun and it is easy to find a match. However, I'm just slightly disappointed with the roster. There's just about 20 characters and while that's not too bad, I was expecting a lot more recognisable favorites such as Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Sora and maybe even Solid Snake. I don't see the point in adding characters like Toro the cat. All in all, I really enjoyed this game. Well worth the money, every playstation owner should pick this up. Also, the PS3 version comes with a download for the PS Vita version of the game, which is fantastic. Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2012
    This game is AMAZING!!!! At first, I didn't fully appreciate the game for it's depth; as will most people, but I promise that the more you play, the more you will enjoy it. The game plays nothing like smash (sorry, had to mention it). Besides for the similar button lay-out and 2-D gameplay. Besides that, they are completely different games. The story isn't too strong, but the multiplayerThis game is AMAZING!!!! At first, I didn't fully appreciate the game for it's depth; as will most people, but I promise that the more you play, the more you will enjoy it. The game plays nothing like smash (sorry, had to mention it). Besides for the similar button lay-out and 2-D gameplay. Besides that, they are completely different games. The story isn't too strong, but the multiplayer is where it shines. The game plays on a "super" system which is a blast to play around with and has deep combo systems. The characters are really balanced and each feel wholly unique (even with cole and evil cole). Don't judge a book by it's cover and overlook it as just another smash rip-off. This game is fun and the more you play it, THE MORE FUN IT GETS. Expand
  29. Nov 24, 2012
    A perfect balance between party fighter & actual fighting game. This game has actual combos. I laugh @ people that write it off as a smash clone when it has far superior fighting mechanics, a more varied roster, & far better online play. I wish this game much success & hope for many dlc characters leading up to a sequel. Also buying the Ps3 version gives you a downloadable code for theA perfect balance between party fighter & actual fighting game. This game has actual combos. I laugh @ people that write it off as a smash clone when it has far superior fighting mechanics, a more varied roster, & far better online play. I wish this game much success & hope for many dlc characters leading up to a sequel. Also buying the Ps3 version gives you a downloadable code for the vita version. That's real value! Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2012
    WARNING: Before i make this review, to those who think this game is completely a copycat of nintendo's super smash bros. or suggesting that sony can't be creative at all this generation either grow up and be mature or leave that's all. STORY: basically pick the characters you want to play through the mode, fight your rival, defeat the final boss, and earn an ending. I was expectingWARNING: Before i make this review, to those who think this game is completely a copycat of nintendo's super smash bros. or suggesting that sony can't be creative at all this generation either grow up and be mature or leave that's all. STORY: basically pick the characters you want to play through the mode, fight your rival, defeat the final boss, and earn an ending. I was expecting SuperBot to make some decent storyline for all characters getting involved like how Mortal Kombat 9 and Soul Calibur 5 did it but having a storyline in a fighting isn't exactly easy to make perfectly. GAMEPLAY: The game is the reminiscient of Smash bros where 4 characters duke out in one stage to see who wins but PSABR is different where the only way to win is by filling up the super meter by fighting. Filling it in 3 different levels will determine how powerful the super moves are. You kill the opponent with a super you get 2 points. You die by their super you lose a point. Hazardous enviroments and spawnable weapons can most likely prevent your opponent from earning super meter quickly and steal their meter. Though the point in playing this just killing other characters with just supers isn't exactly the best way to win. If 2 fighters duked each other than all of a sudden a 3rd player can just kill both of them with 1 super no matter what level just isn't exactly good when they said that they were going to make this game very competitive to the fighting genre. There are 20 playable characters already 2 being announced as DLC but to me i think they could have added better popular characters but SuperBot were trying their best to get those characters but no scratch in getting them like ones that started the playstation 1 era but they cant get them to be in the game without dealing financial problems. Also other characters for example Dante not the original one but Ninja theory's version gives negative feedback. Capcom would pull: Oh you want Dante? okay we give you this Dante that everyone doesn't like. Though Dante and other previously exclusive characters made it in the final prodcut so we can forgive them. Not much customization isn't high only when you introduce your character or win with that character. Boss fight isn't impressing mostly because its reminiscing the MvC3 fight with Galatcus where he summons crystalized version of a character and you have to defeat the crystalized characters and the boss himself. I think why they did this is because of a former capcom employee Seth Killian also co--founder of EVO fighting game is involved in this game. The online is fun to tackle against other players but problems are people not spawning again after getting killed by a super or disconnecting in a middle of a match. The game is gonna get patched anyways sooner or later. OVERALL: I liked how sony and superbot were trying their very best in making their own creative version of Smash bros but in my opinion it was well worth trying to making it good but not enough to suddenly surpass Smash bros without fixing problems like online. If your a Playstation user since playstation 1 or person that enjoyed Smash bros then pick up this game later on you will not be disappointed with your money being well spent. I never played Smash bros but i really like this game not for being identical to it but for Sony and SuperBot being creative in their own ways. Expand
  31. Nov 24, 2012
    I am very surprised on how much I like this game. I thought that it would be a total rip off of SSB but this game can stand on it
  32. Nov 24, 2012
    This game needs more girls. Throw in some Dead or Alive chicks, Lara Croft, Tifa Lockhart, Big Sister, Anna/Nina (Tekken) or anyone that doesn't look ugly. To have a cast of 20 and only 2 girls, where one is a fat princess and the other is facesmashed, that doesn't make this game appealing for the female part of the population (or the perverts for that matter).
  33. Nov 24, 2012
    Please don't listen to the b.s. that the negative reviewers are trying to feed you and let me put it to you straight. This game is really amazing. Playing stock mode with my friends, I haven't this much fun in multiplayer since Halo 1 came out. Don't compare it to SSBB. Don't play it like SSBB. If you do you will definitely lose. Battle Royale is far more combo based than Brawl and it isPlease don't listen to the b.s. that the negative reviewers are trying to feed you and let me put it to you straight. This game is really amazing. Playing stock mode with my friends, I haven't this much fun in multiplayer since Halo 1 came out. Don't compare it to SSBB. Don't play it like SSBB. If you do you will definitely lose. Battle Royale is far more combo based than Brawl and it is harder for new players to win. Only being able to kill players with certain attacks may sound like a really stupid idea, but it actually plays out to be an incredibly strategic experience, especially when playing 1 on 1. The game also feels better put together than Brawl, although this is expected with the time gap between the games. Yes, only 20 characters, but more are on the way via dlc (which has been announced for early next year and will be free for two weeks, so keep an eye out. Hopefully, they will do all dlc like this.) Superbot has already stated that they know how important characters like Crash are and they are doing what they can to get them, but people forget about how many legal problems there are in making a game like this. Unlike Brawl, none of the characters are clones of each other. Even good Cole and evil Cole have 90% different move sets. Superbot did a great job pulling moves from the characters games and mapped them to the same button whenever possible. Stage design is also amazing, mixing two games for crazy and hilarious results.

Now for the reason why I did not give the game a ten. The story mode is bad. Very bad. There is actually little story at all. Every character has a static, comic book like intro, a rival cut scene, and a static, comic-book like ending. I expected a lot more in a cross over like this. The potential was so high. Also, the final boss was a bit of a letdown. He is just cheesy (although the battle is kind of fun).

I can't really comment on the online as I haven't played it yet but I played the beta and saw pretty much no lag at all.

Even with a bad story, the game is still a blast to play, particularly with friends. A definite buy for anyone that wants to see their favorite characters again.
  34. Nov 24, 2012
    So people are complaining about All-Stars, *sigh*. Lets look at the first super smash bro's it has a maximum of 12 characters much less the 20 offered in all stars, Melee has 25 characters only, which all- stars will pass with the future DLC. Brawl is the THIRD games in the series, All stars is the first. Nintendo has had since 1999 to get all the aspects right, and don't get me wrongSo people are complaining about All-Stars, *sigh*. Lets look at the first super smash bro's it has a maximum of 12 characters much less the 20 offered in all stars, Melee has 25 characters only, which all- stars will pass with the future DLC. Brawl is the THIRD games in the series, All stars is the first. Nintendo has had since 1999 to get all the aspects right, and don't get me wrong Brawl is an amazing brawler but its had a lot of history to get where it is. I go agree the story mode is a little short but who plays fighters for their AMAZING stories ? . The gameplay is fluid and addictive, and to people that are saying it takes no skill, you clearly haven't spent an extended time with all stars, as all of the level 1 powers can be dodges as well as the majority of the level 2. Agreed some of the characters are over powered (cough *kratos* cough) but a patch will easily fix that problem, the majority of games released need patching so stop complaining . All stars isn't perfect by far but its a great game an is worth your time an money Expand
  35. Nov 24, 2012
    An superb take on the brawler genre! Whilst it does have its problems including character balancing issues (Kratos in particular is still a bit of a nuisance.) and at times it feels as if all the skills you've learned in the trial modes don't quite pay off online, as a whole its a great games. Now there are obvious comparisons to SSB but I suggest that's where you stop with artisticAn superb take on the brawler genre! Whilst it does have its problems including character balancing issues (Kratos in particular is still a bit of a nuisance.) and at times it feels as if all the skills you've learned in the trial modes don't quite pay off online, as a whole its a great games. Now there are obvious comparisons to SSB but I suggest that's where you stop with artistic concept. The gameplay mechanisms are so different that to go into this expecting SSB is a big mistake. Unlike the team Sora's title this game tries to find a middle ground between party brawler and serious fighter, which leads to its distinctiveness but also it's downfalls. As stated above learning a full set of moves and how to implement combos might work out effectively for the most part, especially in 1 V 1 but not so much with 4 brawlers on the screen, which is disappointing but not the end of the world as they will still come in handy when your not pelted to the other side of the screen. Finally to get my last to 'bad' points out of the way, the presentation of the game defiately lacks finesse. Bare menus, often WTF VO's for the intro and a slapdash approach to many of the rival battles is slightly disapointing and is a low note. The 'Last boss' is also very disappointing, fair enough I didn't want a boss as hard as Seth or Shao Khan but I did want a boss which wasn't just a collection of fighter from the game it is quite underwhelming and I belive it might have been better to take the Seth approach in having a single boss with the move set of a few of the characters from the game, it just seems like a missed opportunity. With all of this said the game really shines with its seamless cross play functionality and cross save functionality which run flawlessly (albeit without cross trophy support currently). Also some of the deeper depth is great and whilst I moaned a bit about it earlier its certainly nice to have some deeper skill under the hood the the mechanics. The roster is nice and varied and actually I find the close ranged characters better despite many complaining about the long rangers. But most of all its great fun especially in MP, and if you have a whole group of your friends in a party on Vita and PS3 it is an absolute blast to play. Presentation: 7
    Gameplay:8.5
    Graphics: 8
    Longevity: 9.5
    Overall: 8.5
  36. Nov 24, 2012
    Yes it plays like Smash Brothers, but does it make it a clone? No. Medal of Honor plays like COD, but no one calls that a clone. It's called a 'genre', perhaps people should look up the definition before slating a game. Of course every game is inspired by the best of that particular genre because they want the game to be good, and for people to like it. If the game didn't add anythingYes it plays like Smash Brothers, but does it make it a clone? No. Medal of Honor plays like COD, but no one calls that a clone. It's called a 'genre', perhaps people should look up the definition before slating a game. Of course every game is inspired by the best of that particular genre because they want the game to be good, and for people to like it. If the game didn't add anything different then I could understand people's anger, but All-Stars has a game changer which adds a tactical element to the game - Supers.

To score a kill you must build up your AP meter by beating up your opponents. Once you are able to use a super, you must time it carefully to maximize the number of opponents you can hit, and to avoid wasting it. There are three levels of super, so you also have to choose between waiting and using a more powerful one, or using weaker ones more frequently. Although the game can easily be picked up and played by anyone, the best players will always be planning their supers, and will be one step ahead of their opponents. Everything which is in this package is of great quality. The graphics are crisp, and the sound is great (the game has an awesome opening tune). The variety of characters is good, but could do with more classics like Crash & Spyro who Activision probably didn't allow permission to include. Maps are inventive, but could do with a few more. The story is a bit of a let down, but for a brand new IP which is focused on multiplayer, it's not too much of an issue. There are plenty of unlockables, and multiplayer modes (again more would be good). The cross-play with Vita is by far one of the best things I've seen in gaming. It is identical to the PS3 version and plays flawlessly. The save file transfers automatically, so there is no hassle in continuing where you left off. All in all this is a must have for any PlayStation and Smash Bros fan. Though it is slightly light on the content, for a first game in what I hope turns into a series it's still pretty damn good. They have clearly focused on quality over quantity, and with the promise of DLC there is still plenty to keep you busy over the holidays. I gave this a 10 because the overall score deserves a boost. With a slight lack of content I would give it a 9/10.
  37. Nov 24, 2012
    Massive copy of Smash Bros? No, it's way more than this... The Specials are among the best in Fighting Game history, mainly Parrapa's since it combines the game's musical formula to this wonderful game... The combos are great and easy to do. The levels are what most disappointed me, since most are box-type arenas, but the lack of Cloud from FFVII and Crash made me sad, but hopefully theMassive copy of Smash Bros? No, it's way more than this... The Specials are among the best in Fighting Game history, mainly Parrapa's since it combines the game's musical formula to this wonderful game... The combos are great and easy to do. The levels are what most disappointed me, since most are box-type arenas, but the lack of Cloud from FFVII and Crash made me sad, but hopefully the sequel or a possible add-on (hopefully free) will bring more... They could have put Virgil instead of Dante too and perhaps Big Boss or The Boss as secret characters. Only an advice: Grab the Vita version, you get the PS3 one and it won't be 2 GB filling your Vita HD Sticks that could be used for other games, plus is great to play this on the tip of your fingers! Expand
  38. Nov 24, 2012
    This is a really solid game and fun as hell both online and with the kids.
    This is a really solid game and fun as hell both online and with the kids.
    It's abit of a button basher but I guess I expected that. The list of characters is really good (Dante is me favourite so far). Don't know why people complaining about characters that are not in the line up right now when it's pretty obvious that they will be added later. Already star hawk charcter is being added as dlc for free, so it's pretty evident that more characters will be added.
    It's a fun game and achieves what it set out to do. I do hope a mode that adds standard fighting with health bars gets added?.
    The only similarities with ssbb is multiple characters from different games fighting on screen. Playability is totally different. Still doesn't stop reviewers from wanting it to be different and others wanting it to be the same as ssbb ( typical inconsistent reviews).
    Still great game and very enjoyable.
    Go get it!.
  39. Nov 24, 2012
    It's good but it lacks not only characters and content but a health bar.... this is the worst decision to do this, because the game has become a choice of basically 3 characters with OP abilities that can kill you better. Not skill just, R2.
  40. Nov 23, 2012
    I am very surprise with this game , Ps All Star is a master piece and a must buy game and a collectors item to the playstation fans.
    Great game with a excellent combat system.
    Good graphics with brillant colors and sound. The voice chat runs perfect. The online is working good so far in both version ps3 and ps vita. All the characters are well done and mantaing his own personality. I
    Great game with a excellent combat system.
    Good graphics with brillant colors and sound.
    The voice chat runs perfect.
    The online is working good so far in both version ps3 and ps vita.
    All the characters are well done and mantaing his own personality.
    I would like to see more more game modes but is cool.
    The interface can be improve to make a futurystic or modern view.
    Definitely is the Smashbrother killer.
    I would like to see. A lots of dlc about avatars, dynamic themes , characters like Crash , Journey character ,Batman, Etzio, Ryu,Scorpion,Cloud and Zephirot and all of them with his own maps Sony can sell separate for all of that that are looking for specific map or character also they can do bundles
    I would like to see a dlc of a story mode itsn have to be too long .
    Superbot and Sony also can add funny characters like kaz hiray and jack tretton with funny skills and specials moves
    Definitely this game needs a sequel with a few improvements like story mode a little bit customization . Sony can sold items like hats, t shirts, shoes , weapons ,sounds ,intro ,specials moves The bad:
    The final boss sucks looks cheap and did not match with the game.
  41. Nov 23, 2012
    A fantastic game for a number of reasons. You could really tell that Superbot entertainment (the makers of this game) really cared about all the Playstation franchises involved in this game. I smiled sooo many times while playing this game simply because of the great references to all of the Playtstation games involved i all stars. The main reason this game keeps you coming back though isA fantastic game for a number of reasons. You could really tell that Superbot entertainment (the makers of this game) really cared about all the Playstation franchises involved in this game. I smiled sooo many times while playing this game simply because of the great references to all of the Playtstation games involved i all stars. The main reason this game keeps you coming back though is just because of how freaking fun it is. This game is all about strategy and you need to utilize the supers that you gain from beating up on your opponents in creative ways in order to get the max amount of points possible. The online in this game is a heck of a lot of fun and very accessible. Highly recommend picking this game up if your a fan of playstation and even if your not! Can't wait for the sequel! Expand
  42. Nov 23, 2012
    Big fan of the Super Smash series but this one requires more thinking in setups/mixups. I found it more enjoyable and would love to see this series continue with a better Story/Arcade and more characters. Other then that this game is a blast to play!!!
  43. Nov 23, 2012
    Copy/paste from my VITA review, with minor edits: Very solid game, in fact the game I'm enjoying the most right now. I should first admit I didn't expect anything out of it. I wasn't even a Smash Bros fan to begin with (even if I played the hell of the "Subspace Emissary" mode, back in the day). I found something really 'fresh' in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, not sure how toCopy/paste from my VITA review, with minor edits: Very solid game, in fact the game I'm enjoying the most right now. I should first admit I didn't expect anything out of it. I wasn't even a Smash Bros fan to begin with (even if I played the hell of the "Subspace Emissary" mode, back in the day). I found something really 'fresh' in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, not sure how to explain. The stages are beautiful, clever and inventive, the characters have a LOT of moves, and it's a totally different experience than Smash Bros if you go past the interface and look of things. For starters, it's not about throwing your opponents off a stage, but try to stack as much kills as possible before the timer runs out. I haven't been frustrated a single time. This game is just plain fun, in fact I can't even think of a single annoying thing. I really didn't expect a lot of it, and ended up being surprised because I expected a Smash Bros clone, but found something totally original and fun. PS: you get the VITA version for 'free' with this, what an awesome deal - I can't believe the VITA version actually runs & feels as good as the PS3 version. SuperBot outdone themselves on this one... Expand
  44. Nov 23, 2012
    So after playing this game since it's release I must say I'm impressed at what they got. the gameplay is smooth, simple and fun, the graphics are rich for both PS3 and Vita and you got yourself a good selection of fighters with more to come later.

I'm not going over what this game is, you probably know anyway so let's get to the point. battle Royal is like Brawls but with it's own style. The more you take on enemies the more you charge up the bar down below fr a special. When that's charged you can kill your enemy if you hit them. There's three different versions of your super attack and each takes time to charge.

Single player.....well, your not getting much. you get a short intro (slide show anyway.) you fight, get a animated scene with your random opponent then boss fight. To be honest, once you find your fighter for the game you can pretty much beat the arcade mode in a breeze even on the hardest difficulty but it's the online that makes the game fun. Going up against real players is what makes this game shine, it's fun, fast and you'll be quickly addicted to it right away. My only flaw with this game is different game modes since you only get either free for all or team death match. It would have been a little interesting to see more game modes like one with health or a collecting game where you collect the orbs and see who has the most at the end but who knows, maybe they might release something special for it down the road.

In the end what you get is a great game for you and your friends to play and hey, if you purchase the PS3 version online you get a free Vita copy along with it. How cool is that?
  45. Nov 22, 2012
    Take your time. I'm serious; just take a few hours to get use to the system. I know it is similar to a classic game like Smash (which I loved) but it is also different in exciting ways if you gave it a chance. The combo system is great, the characters play enjoyably unique, and it's just another reason to beat up 3 of your friends on a couch! Yes.. the only super killing seems weird atTake your time. I'm serious; just take a few hours to get use to the system. I know it is similar to a classic game like Smash (which I loved) but it is also different in exciting ways if you gave it a chance. The combo system is great, the characters play enjoyably unique, and it's just another reason to beat up 3 of your friends on a couch! Yes.. the only super killing seems weird at first but it gave my little sister a fighting chance as long as she had one meter, which made it equally exciting for her! Instead of percentages like the great game Smash, it's all about meter. And when they have meter for a SUPER.. YOUR HEART WILL BE PUMPING!! Especially if you play with lives instead of timer; which i prefer. Oh yeah, it's true... the single-player isn't so great , but that shouldn't stop you from playing this balanced 4 player fighter! (Kratos is cheap.. but you can be cheap with all characters!) Expand
  46. Nov 22, 2012
    Don't judge a book by it's cover. That's the mindset that anyone should have when playing PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. The comparisons to Super Smash Bros are obvious but All-Stars is a completely different game. A great selection of characters, deep combat system, awesome stages and great graphics on top. Sup-Par presentation and somewhat a lack of game modes aren't enough toDon't judge a book by it's cover. That's the mindset that anyone should have when playing PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. The comparisons to Super Smash Bros are obvious but All-Stars is a completely different game. A great selection of characters, deep combat system, awesome stages and great graphics on top. Sup-Par presentation and somewhat a lack of game modes aren't enough to bring down an otherwise fantastic game. Definitely a must have game for any PlayStation or fighting game fan. Expand
  47. Nov 22, 2012
    the game has most of the elements of a Nintendo "you know what" game but makes changes significant enough to be a game of its own. Its Single player or 1 on 1 matches are probably its weakest points with poor story telling (as expected for a fighter) using still images and narrative and little variety in combat. The roster feels a little on the slim side spanning around 20 characters fromthe game has most of the elements of a Nintendo "you know what" game but makes changes significant enough to be a game of its own. Its Single player or 1 on 1 matches are probably its weakest points with poor story telling (as expected for a fighter) using still images and narrative and little variety in combat. The roster feels a little on the slim side spanning around 20 characters from different franchises within the Playstation legacy. Also, some people may be put off by the choice made to make super moves the only method of killing your opponent. Those are the problems i generally have with the game.

Now that's out of the way, i feel the game is terrific in a party setting, if you can get 3 other people in the game your in for a hell of a good time. Though the roster is fairly small for this type of game, they are very well balanced and diverse(besides good/evil cole). Replacing the Ring outs with super only kills wasn't exactly the greatest idea for the game but i feel that it does it in a way where it requires you to plan and manage yourself in a match. you have 3 supers stages you can do and in order to charge up those supers you have to deal damage with your normal attacks so you don't take damage but if you don't land hits you cant do any supers. Despite what some reviewers say the emphasis in normal attacks are definitely there. Also each stage of super dictates how difficult it will be to actually land it on someone. If you use level 1 supers you will learn that they are not easy to land, so you need to be smart about how you use them unless you don't mind charging that gauge to do it a bunch of times. 2nd level is more persistent but can still be avoided while the 3rd usually guarantees 1-2 kills just keep in mind it takes much longer to get to level 2 and 3 so be ready to dodge a lot of 1st levels if you choose to take either of those routes.

The stages were nicely done as well, the obstacles they throw at you can greatly affect the way you approach someone as sometimes the stage can knock your super gauge down and turn the tides with or against your favor. The mixes made between franchise themes made in each stage is also weird but funny at the same time. Fans of the Sony Franchise are likely to appreciate them, especially the Buzz trivia level where your knowledge of their history will determine how well you do in the level. Overall as i say it is a fantastic game with friends, the added value of getting the Vita version of the game for free (the game is literally identical to this version!)is a bigger plus. This is a game i can definitely recommend to anyone who is into this type of fighter.
  48. Nov 22, 2012
    Easily one of the best games this year. Sure it has its flaws(like no 1V1 and a bit unbalanced) but it has proven itself not to be the Smash Brothers clone people assumed it was.

The game has a learning curve so if you don't like learning curves the game is not right for you. You can play as some of your favorite characters like Kratos, Ratchet, Dante(albeit in his reboot form), Cole, Raiden and Sir Daniel Fortesque.

Every new copy of the game also comes with a free Vita version so if you own a Playstation Vita you have another game added to your collection.

There is already DLC announced for the game. Kat from Gravity Rush and Emmett Graves from Starhawk are due to be Downloadable Content sometime in Early 2013 which shows that the game will have tons of support for a while now.

Pro:

+ Fast paced.
    + A good roster for the first game.
    + Fun gameplay.
    + Good online.
    + Each character is varied and there are no clones(Yes even the two Coles play differently)
    + Hours upon hours of unlockables.
    + DLC already announced(may or may not be a good thing but to me it is.)
    +Awesome Soundtrack
    + Great graphics

Cons: -Unbalanced most of the time.
    - Story mode is lacking.
    - Some questionable missing characters.

Questionable: ?- Learning Curve(May or may not be your cup of tea)
    ?- Certain characters in the roster( I like everyone but I know some people who are pissed about Big Daddy and Raiden in the game.)

Rent or Buy? I would say Rent it first and if you have fun with it then buy it. You won't regret it.
  49. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is deep, I'd say the strategy depth is no less than MvC but with all 4 character on the screen at all time.

Let's start with apparent "everyone can mash" simple move sets, how hard would it be to do up/side/down + square/triangle/circle with air variation? Plus 3 throws and block/avoid, I guess this is the most easiest to pick up fighting game like ever, no QCF, no directional charge(but have charge type attack), even a 3 year old can pick it up. Couldn't found a better excuse to introduce this to a friend.

But if you head into online match and get "smashed" by a level 100+ don't be surprised, you haven't learn your and his character yet. The single player mode has vast amount of I'd say carefully designed per character trial( which I don't think all the reviewer thus far get through even one of them in all star level). After go through the "General" ones, you can already get a picture that the developer wants to tell you how this game works, both by character of choice and the 3 difficulty setting. The All-Star is not hard at all in "fighting AI" sense, but when the condition is set it becomes tricky that for some trail I literally struggle for a while to get past(ie. Taunt All-Star is nightmare hard if you don't know Radec's move/super.)

And after that there is a per character one that designed specifically to your character. You say someone's super 1 suck? There is a trial that you can only count kills when the super 1 hits multiple targets, someone's super 1/2 is op? There is a trial that design to make you either counter or survive through that exact super. No need to record and set condition in practice mode to test it out, the AI does it pretty well while chasing me with giant chicken(And I learn that how fast Fat Princess could move at the same time).

And from the trial, it is possible that if by enough demand, there could be a crazy amount of rule tweaking can provide to both party and tournament. ie, always on super 1, or get thrown wipe your AP, or only combos can accumulate AP, or only hit multple enemy at same time can accumulate AP. Just by setting conditions of how you gain/lose AP and super, the strategy would change accordingly. I can't even imagine how madly fun this would be in party and tournament.

Any one say this is a SSBB clone probably get it totally wrong, yeah the bubble shield and ledge recover trick is nice at first but gets old really quick if all people are doing are those. PSASBR from design force you to engage, you won't see people try to play catch and hide after they nail that kill lead right away, you will see more aggressive combat, and deeper super landing/avoid strategy.(Sorry, you suck if you got one sided, better learn that character and know what it can and can't do.) This is a major difference by design, it won't be hard if the team want to put in a mode with health bar and addtional ultra bar to mimic SF, or put in a few more level with pit and change the AP meter into the damage meter as in SSBB, but would it be much fun to do so? Are people really only stuck in one mind set and think this is different than X so it must suck? My only complaint is the cast seems to be there to for 3rd party to sell their new character. But for a new team with fighting game veteran involved in design, I'd say if it gets long term support by fan that support it, you will get more character you like to be in the game.(How long does SSB go to gets Snake?) In conclusion, or TL;DR, this game is great fun and deep, go buy it if you enjoy fighting game.
  50. Nov 22, 2012
    First of all, I NEVER played smash bros,so there is no fanboy bias here

1.Game looks beautiful,fighting mechanic is complex which I love it,too bad the roster is not that impressive though,online is freakin smooth,this coming from a gamer that live in a developing country,online has some bugs,but not game breaking and can easily be fixed by patches anyway,game has quite an amount of unlocks too
  51. Nov 21, 2012
    This is a great game overal, the multiplayer is great! Youll get hooked in no time. There are a lot of unlockables and stuff. The roster is great! And the stages and their music is awesome.the ps3-Vita compatibility works great The only thing that isnt great, but not bad either, is the story mode, it is short but you have 20 different stories. If you own a ps3 or Vita this is a must buy!
  52. Nov 21, 2012
    This game is a shameless ripoff. With that said, I played I played this game expecting I can still have some fun with it. I was dead wrong. It doesn't have anywhere near the perfect controls Smash Bros has, and the roster is very lacking. The game only comes with 20 characters, with a lot more being held back for paid DLC. Although Sony has some decent characters and franchises, theyThis game is a shameless ripoff. With that said, I played I played this game expecting I can still have some fun with it. I was dead wrong. It doesn't have anywhere near the perfect controls Smash Bros has, and the roster is very lacking. The game only comes with 20 characters, with a lot more being held back for paid DLC. Although Sony has some decent characters and franchises, they really don't mesh well together at all. Something just felt.. off the whole time I was playing. After only 1 hour of playing I got very bored with it, and very upset I wasted money on it. The only reason I'm not giving it a 0, is because the game is at least playable. Not recommended. Expand
  53. Nov 21, 2012
    Ok this game is good, smooth with nice looking graphics (compared to SSB) the thing is though, not every round is unique like in SSB the items are nowhere near as fun as SSB and the level creation isn't as good. but there are alot more moves however they are not as creative as the SSB moves. The game is still a fun fighting game for local multiplayer if you don't have friends or at leastOk this game is good, smooth with nice looking graphics (compared to SSB) the thing is though, not every round is unique like in SSB the items are nowhere near as fun as SSB and the level creation isn't as good. but there are alot more moves however they are not as creative as the SSB moves. The game is still a fun fighting game for local multiplayer if you don't have friends or at least online connection don't buy this game. Expand
  54. Nov 21, 2012
    Nothing short of fun and enjoyment exceeding that of the demo. The exclusion of characters is understandable given the negotiations between activision ( for spyro and crash) and Square Enix ( for sora and cloud) I'd probably a **** process. Given that superbot is already at work at future DLC is more than enough reason to pick this up. A great game!
  55. Nov 21, 2012
    This game is not the smash bros clone everyone claimed it would be (or wanted it to be). It does not have the same unlocking depth as brawl or the fighting mechanic of melee, but the rooster is interesting and the gameplay is simple and fun. Don't play this alone. Go online or grab some friends, because multiplayer is where the game shines.
  56. Nov 21, 2012
    As someone who has been waiting for this game sense before it was announced, I will say that this is possibly one of the funnest unique fighting games I have ever played next to Smash Bros.The reason that I say that is because all 20 characters feel different than the last & the level mash ups are amazing,gorgeous and innovative.This is also the first fighting game I actually have alot ofAs someone who has been waiting for this game sense before it was announced, I will say that this is possibly one of the funnest unique fighting games I have ever played next to Smash Bros.The reason that I say that is because all 20 characters feel different than the last & the level mash ups are amazing,gorgeous and innovative.This is also the first fighting game I actually have alot of fun playing by myself or with other.Usually, fighting games are either to repetitive or too complicated but Ps allstars is just right.any one of these characters could have easily been transported into 2-d side scrolling games and would feel awesome to play as.They also all feel like they would from their respected properties which is pretty awesome.Other than that, the game has hundreds of unlockables for each character and tons of content to keep you busy until they add more levels and characters via dlc.Dont even pay attention to any bad reviews because they are all b.s.Give this game a try for both ps vita & ps3. Expand
  57. Nov 21, 2012
    Seriously dont read the negative reviews, I honestly believe they were playing a different game because this game is amazing. Me and my girlfriend love it and we are both SSB fans, ive bought and played all of them. It's different yes. But it is also unique in how it does things, just give it a try and i can guarantee you will love it, its got alot of replayability and great for playinSeriously dont read the negative reviews, I honestly believe they were playing a different game because this game is amazing. Me and my girlfriend love it and we are both SSB fans, ive bought and played all of them. It's different yes. But it is also unique in how it does things, just give it a try and i can guarantee you will love it, its got alot of replayability and great for playin with friends. Oh and their is so much to unlock its crazy Expand
  58. Nov 20, 2012
    Mixed reviews is good to show to everybody that they are just personal opinions and not the truth. This game will please anyone, like me, that loves tha Playstation brand. Amazing game. 10/10
  59. Nov 20, 2012
    Perfect 10 where it matters most, the online vs other players. The presentation is excellent, the graphics are beautiful, all the characters are vastly different, online is lag free. It is so different from smash its ridiculous for anybody to even say that. There are free DLC characters coming to. Free. Buy this game, you will not regret it.
  60. Nov 20, 2012
    I knew this game was going to be spectacular just because of the Beta. All-Stars is clearly similar to Smash Bros, but it is its own game, and it even happens to do some things better than what inspired it.

I know it'll be hard for some skeptics to believe, but PlayStation All-Stars is an absolute blast to play especially with friends on the couch or online. It can be a lot of chaotic fun because of the great combat, great characters, great ko system, and the interactive stages.

It has lots of content and great variety in the characters. I know some people would like to have more characters, or other character like Spyro and Crash; but as how the game currently is; it is AWESOME!!! And also you can bet that there will be in the future DLC features those 2 characters mentioned most probably.
  61. Nov 20, 2012
    It's a weird game. It's a brawler that focuses on the chaos so that everyone has a chance, but technical enough that visiting friends won't be able to just pick up and play. The roster has several familiar faces, but lots of odd choices and several ex-exclusive characters's multiplatform renditions. The game all together shows a high level of technical competency, but lacks the theIt's a weird game. It's a brawler that focuses on the chaos so that everyone has a chance, but technical enough that visiting friends won't be able to just pick up and play. The roster has several familiar faces, but lots of odd choices and several ex-exclusive characters's multiplatform renditions. The game all together shows a high level of technical competency, but lacks the the vision (and legal department) to make it a really solid title. Expand
  62. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is great, great combat, great characters, great ko system. It lacks presentation tho, which im fine with tbh. I think that this games downfall will be nintendo fans tearing the game apart. It's sad to see a great game being dismissed because nintendo fans cant handle competition in the genre. I say good luck and thank you Superbot Entertainment. Hopefully we'll see a sequel someday
  63. Nov 20, 2012
    Ok ok it's not a 10, but the very low scores are really trols. Easy to see because all those are telling it's not as good as SSBB. It's easy to tell if these are trolls because if they would have played the demo they would already have seen the gameplay is different, the graphics are 10000% better and if they are really enjoying SSB, they should enjoy this game because it's better thenOk ok it's not a 10, but the very low scores are really trols. Easy to see because all those are telling it's not as good as SSBB. It's easy to tell if these are trolls because if they would have played the demo they would already have seen the gameplay is different, the graphics are 10000% better and if they are really enjoying SSB, they should enjoy this game because it's better then SSB. The only bad thing is that there are not as much characters (but be honest, which characters did you all played at SSBB, for certain you concentrated on only one and not all) and not much stages. But for the rest it's really a much better game. This doesn't mean that SSBB is a lot of fun, but why troll when you haven't really played the game or when you are offended that there is a game which is a bit like SSBB!! All games are inspired by other games and also SSBB. Expand
  64. Nov 20, 2012
    Smash Bros except for Sony. The gameplay just doesn't have that fun moment like Smash Bros. Only a few characters are worthing playing, everyone else seems kinda boring to play. Game feels if they were trying to copy Smash Bros. Stages and items all feel the same. Atleast try to be original, it would be hard but having a original idea always leads to a awesome game and this game is not.
  65. Nov 20, 2012
    Although I'm a PlayStation fan, this game didn't get me so thrilled. It suffers a clear lack of content, and how could Smash Bros Brawl look better while it's on the Wii ?! Also, DLC characters are nice, but not when you got so little characters from basis.
    However, from what I've seen so far, the online is quite good, you quickly get used to the controls and it's actually just as fun as Smash Bros Brawl on multiplayer. A nice alternative for those who don't own the Wii. But if you do own one, please feel free to ignore this game and play Super Smash Bros Brawl.
  66. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is fluid, concise and beautiful. It's so memorable and so fun. All of the characters are a blast to use and the music is just goosebump-inducing, it really is. What a great game.
  67. Nov 20, 2012
    Two words: Mind. Blown. Wow, I must admit, my expectations and excitement for this game was very low throughout the year. I saw footage, wasn't blown away. Heard the character roster, wasn't blown away. Then, I played the beta. Only four characters, but I still started to get a feel for the game and what exactly Superbot was trying to accomplish. It slowly started to make sense. SoundsTwo words: Mind. Blown. Wow, I must admit, my expectations and excitement for this game was very low throughout the year. I saw footage, wasn't blown away. Heard the character roster, wasn't blown away. Then, I played the beta. Only four characters, but I still started to get a feel for the game and what exactly Superbot was trying to accomplish. It slowly started to make sense. Sounds weird I know, especially with a game that appears on the surface to be rather shallow. Build meter. Super. Rinse and repeat right? When you first pick up the sticks, understanding what exactly you're supposed to do may feel a little foreign if you haven't done this kind of thing before. But MY OH MY once sink your teeth into it, once you figure out the little nuances and the variations of playstyles depending on the character you pick (characters you're fighting against) AND the level you're fighting in (trust me, it matters) what you discover is a game of mighty depth. A game with gameplay so addictive I have not stop playing for one minute since last night at midnight. It's incredibly fun. Incredibly addictive. Incredibly nuanced. Superbot has pulled off the impossible. They actually made a GREAT FIGHTING GAME combined with a great social experience. Four on Four chaos is how this game was meant to be enjoyed. Even if it's just you, or you and a friend playing, add two AI characters into the mix because when it's four on four the fun factor quadruples to astronomical heights. Ok, whew, now back to the action. Oh, and thank you Superbot. Thank you. Expand
  68. Nov 20, 2012
    I own probably half of this game's cast in my PS3 collection, but that doesn't that make this game fun to play. Once you get knocked around, you can get beat up without recovering; very different from how Brawl allows characters to roll back when they hit floor. Every character has 30 moves, but the only one you'll feel like using is the extreme long range so you can hard knockdown andI own probably half of this game's cast in my PS3 collection, but that doesn't that make this game fun to play. Once you get knocked around, you can get beat up without recovering; very different from how Brawl allows characters to roll back when they hit floor. Every character has 30 moves, but the only one you'll feel like using is the extreme long range so you can hard knockdown and beat up the other guy when they can't move. Matches of camping and over-powered fighters ruin the balance of this game. Once you get knocked down, the other players will already have an advantage over you. It's a pain in the d!ck. Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2012
    Good:
    +Level design +The final boss

Bad:
    -Only 20 characters? Are you kidding me?
    -No Crash Bandicoot
    -No Spyro
    -Gay Dante? (from DmC)
    -Graphics is just horrible
    -Gameplay system is too complicated
    -Horrifying soundtrack
    -Slow paced
  70. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is far from perfection but I´m optimist with this. We already have 2 new characters FREE next year, if the Dev company continue the support this game will be HUGE. With a LOT of new characters, stages and new features. If you buy this game please continue the support buying the DLCs.
  71. Nov 20, 2012
    Easy to pick up and play with tons of fun characters. Tons of unlocks and online mode is smooth. If your not a fan of party games this may not be the game for you.
  72. Nov 20, 2012
    Well I'm a Sony fanboy since my childhood and I just can't hate on this game. Some would say that I'm leniant but in the end is it really that bad? No. It's a very fun game. Flawed with several issues but really entertaining especially with friends. It's not a Smash Bros. clone at all. Similar of course but it differs really much in the core and it has a lot of ambition within itsWell I'm a Sony fanboy since my childhood and I just can't hate on this game. Some would say that I'm leniant but in the end is it really that bad? No. It's a very fun game. Flawed with several issues but really entertaining especially with friends. It's not a Smash Bros. clone at all. Similar of course but it differs really much in the core and it has a lot of ambition within its innovations. It eventually fails to live up to our expectations but oh well as long as you have fun with it you are just fine. Add some personal favs with a bunch of great characters and you get a really good game after all. Expand
  73. Nov 20, 2012
    Let's be frank here. Those voting 10 are just as in the wrong as those voting 0. This game is not perfect. This game isn't even great. This game is fun, but it doesn't really extend any further than that. Another thing that we need to get straight is that this is NOTHING like Smash Bros. Anyone who's played both games enough will tell you they feel nothing alike. That's like sayingLet's be frank here. Those voting 10 are just as in the wrong as those voting 0. This game is not perfect. This game isn't even great. This game is fun, but it doesn't really extend any further than that. Another thing that we need to get straight is that this is NOTHING like Smash Bros. Anyone who's played both games enough will tell you they feel nothing alike. That's like saying Tekken Tag and Marvel 1 are similar due to them being tag team games. They have very different mechanics and objectives. However, unlike the aforementioned case it still does make sense to draw a couple of comparisons with them. First I'll start with the positives of the game: As I said, it's fun. It's pretty fun to mess about it and the online component is very good. Even in the demo it was pretty much lagless and it feels even better in the actual game. There are also a good unique stage ideas and the items are actually pretty well implemented. There's also a pretty good amount of content in the game and the rival interactions are a nice touch to the story. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end. Character roster is a mixed bag. It's great to see some classics like PaRapper and Sir Dan in the game. On the other hand, are Fat Princess, Gothic Dante and Evil Cole all that necessary? Though when it comes to character it's really down to preference (unless delving into balance). There are many issues I have with the fight system. First is the camera. In 1 on 1 bouts it's not to bad, but in free-for-alls it becomes extremely hard to keep track of your character because of how zoomed the camera is and how small they are in relation to the screen. It just does a poor job in general with keeping up with the action. Second is the combat mechanics. I'm not going to bash them for being different to Smash, that would be unfair. I will bash them however, for simply being unintuitive with the main culprit being in the achieving supers. Since supers are the only way to kill a foe, the system comes off as rather gimmicky and even worse, limiting. In 1 on 1 fights this is a real issue. Lvl 2 and lvl 3 supers in 1 on 1 take too long to achieve and are far too impractical, so you're limited to just lvl 1s and as a result are pinned to a single killing option. In addition to this, the combat feels very stilted. Too many moves from characters last for ages and knock you miles away. This on its own isn't too big of an issue if it weren't for the fact that lots of these moves have a massive recovery and quick startup and there's no way for the characters to move quickly to the foe to chase them down for more hits. Consequently, gameplay feels extremely stop-start. You get knocked by a big hit, you're waiting a good 6 or 7 seconds until either of you can do anything again (which for a fighting game is actually a LONG time). I shan't comment on the character balance though, it's far too early to tell. The metagame may develop and characters presumed to be good may be easily exploitable and vice versa. However, the game doesn't feel like it has much depth or pace to be considered a proper fighter. On the other hand though, the controls are quite unorthodox. They don't have Smash's wonderful simplicity. There's a lot of different attacks (which can be a good thing), but it makes it a little complex and unorthodox for brand new, casual players to ease into the game effectively. Onto presentational things, they're pretty shoddy. The interface is hideous. Bland, lifeless and devoid of any personality. It just looks cheap if anything. The soundtrack is alright. It's nice to hear some familiar tracks, but doesn't quite offer the same grand spectacle as, say, Brawl's soundtrack. It's simple and gets the job done. Graphics are pretty nice and the game runs at a stable solid frame-rate though the art direction seems rather inconsistent. Characters in particular look like they clash a little too much and don't really look like they could blend in the same universe all that well. Though it's not too big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Overall, despite my lengthy list of cons I did have some decent fun with this game. With a couple of friends (particularly the ones that know a thing or two about Sony) it's good for a few laughs, but it doesn't really extend much further than that. Expand
  74. Nov 20, 2012
    SO let me get this straight, will be fast: Smash Bros on Wii DVD = 40 characters, long story mode, no DLC crap. All Stars on Bluray Disc = only 20 characters, will sell the missing ones via DLC. $ONY just doesn't give a sh*t anymore...PLEASE don't support this rip-off. If CAPCOM did this Smash Bros clone, and made a small roster to sell DLC, you would have killed them. So WHY THE HELLSO let me get this straight, will be fast: Smash Bros on Wii DVD = 40 characters, long story mode, no DLC crap. All Stars on Bluray Disc = only 20 characters, will sell the missing ones via DLC. $ONY just doesn't give a sh*t anymore...PLEASE don't support this rip-off. If CAPCOM did this Smash Bros clone, and made a small roster to sell DLC, you would have killed them. So WHY THE HELL would you support such a rip-off and distribute perfect 10's??? The '1' is for Nariko. Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2012
    I love this game! I had a little expectation for it, but bought it and wow was i blown away, so much content too! Everybody has their own story or "arcade" mode like a normal fighter, it may look like smash at first but it is really different.
  76. Nov 20, 2012
    Just by playing the beta theirs no way this game is a 1 let alone a 0. Tired of fanboys dragging score down cuz their mad siny hit this one outta the park! looks grt plays grt tons of fun. Just seeing a rating of a 0 tells people with any common sense their trolling no game is wirth a 0.
  77. Nov 20, 2012
    I've been playing the beta for hours, and this game for 2 days now : no need to hide the truth (and no need to create accounts just to give bad reviews, Nintendo fans) > this game is truly GREAT.
    Just like you can read it on Destructoid, it's far from a "clone" of SSB, it's a new beast ! I've been playing this not stop with friends since I bought it, we all are having a lot of fun, and the game is a lot more technical than Smash : 3 attack buttons, air evade, different supers, a lot of variety among the character movelists, etc.
    Sony bumped the overall genre into a new level ! THE game to purchase this month if you have a few friends to play with, offline OR online (yeah it's not ZombiU all over again with its offline mode lol)
  78. Nov 20, 2012
    That was huge waste of time and potential game.

That was huge waste of time and potential game.

I played the Demo not long ago, I think I never played a fighting game as horrible as this one... And I thought Street Fighter IV would be the game that would disgust me from fighting games ! Nah, this one takes the cake. I really, ugly version of Super Smash Bros.It just felt like a waste of time and potential game for PS brand. These games have nothing to offer for PS brand SHM guys.
  79. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously cannot get enough of this game! Even the single-player is well thought out, charming in its writing, and fun to run through with any character. The balancing is perfect, as promised. ;) The multi-player both online and offline is smooth and addicting.
  80. Nov 20, 2012
    This game, while certainly inspired by Smash bros. the game is it's own entity. The game plays highly differently to Nintendo's franchise and after picking up the game, it's easy to tell the difference. A setback is that the story mode/single player modes get highly repetitive. That being said, the game is extremely fun and definitely a game any playstation fan should pick up. there isThis game, while certainly inspired by Smash bros. the game is it's own entity. The game plays highly differently to Nintendo's franchise and after picking up the game, it's easy to tell the difference. A setback is that the story mode/single player modes get highly repetitive. That being said, the game is extremely fun and definitely a game any playstation fan should pick up. there is something for everyone in there. Characters span all 3 eras of playstation and stages provide representation of even more franchises. Plus the developers are giving DLC support as well as continual patching for balancing issues. The game has some minor flaws, but the overall experience and enjoyability of the game is what shines. 9/10 Expand
  81. Nov 20, 2012
    I don't get the extreme polarization between critics and their reviews sometimes. Usually when so many love a franchise and so many despise it, one group is full of it. Whether it's blind nostalgia people are holding onto, or maybe it's a feeling of having to defend their favorite franchise against over saturation or even a legitimate rival of the genre their game falls into, etc....I don't get the extreme polarization between critics and their reviews sometimes. Usually when so many love a franchise and so many despise it, one group is full of it. Whether it's blind nostalgia people are holding onto, or maybe it's a feeling of having to defend their favorite franchise against over saturation or even a legitimate rival of the genre their game falls into, etc.... people for some reason feel the need to take their reviews scores to the extreme ends of the scoring spectrum to make their point. Hating on a game because it borrows another's game's base formula is immature; this has happened and will continue to happen forever with all popular genres. I've seen a few on here commenting on the PASBR's interface, or saying the fun factor just isn't there (which could be a more specific), are legitimate/more appropriate reasons or opinions to review a game badly, but giving it a zero is saying it's complete and utter garbage based off it it not being as good as something else, or call it a budget title just sounds like blind rage to me perpetrated by insecure fans of something else. I have a load of respect for the smash bother's games, as well as for all stars battle royale (after the beta, watching the loads of behind the scenes videos online, and playing this morning) a can say the quality and attention to detail, especially for the fans of either are great. I was very pleased with they've accomplished with these titles on both the Nintendo & PS consoles and hope one day, after xbox decides to jump on this successful band wagon with their awesome entry into this genre, that a cross over between all 3 happens. I haven't played through completely but SO far - (Awesome/Great/Good/OK/Bad) Character art: Awesome, Environment Art: between Great/Good, Gameplay: Great, Sound design/ Music: Good, Animations: Great/good, Packaging (U.I Interface): Good/OK, Fan service: Awesome. Expand
  82. Nov 20, 2012
    It is a great game, new paragraph is very enterteining. It is impossible not to compare it with smash bross ... but clear, if we compare all the shooters that exist, they would be quite copies. What it has obtained superbot, is to inspire of a game, without being really a copy ... he enjoys own style.
  83. Nov 20, 2012
    very cheap and unoriginal copy of smash bros. Lol and that zombie1531 seriosuly better than smash bros? I think ur just fanboy. I played this and got bored in 5 minutes true story. Controls suck. Music sucks and characters are boring
  84. Nov 20, 2012
    I'm the biggest Smash brother fan, and I gotta say this game is 10000000000% better than Smash Brother. Nothing in that game can beat this one. It's just so amazing! Supers check, amazing characters check, awesome stages check. It's the whole package.
  85. Nov 20, 2012
    great game, the gampelay is solid, the modes and story are time consuming and overall great game. The neg user reviews are no less then idiotic and biased
  86. Nov 20, 2012
    Dá hadouken Ryu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  87. Nov 20, 2012
    LETS ALL HATE NINTENDO FANBOYS AND GIVE THIS GAME A 10 ALTHOUGH WE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY IT OURSELF! LETS UPVOTE ALL THE 10's RATINGS BY SONY FANBOYS BECAUSE THATS NOT BAD AT ALL COMPARED TO NINTENDO FANS RATING A 1! You Sony Zombies are not a bit better than Nintendo zombies by rating this game a 10 and upvote all the 10. I hate the internet, seriously.
  88. Nov 20, 2012
    I would give it a 9, but I see everybody else pushing those 1's pretty hard for no reason. The game is a great franchise fighter for Sony, people who are hating on it cause they have no life and hate that Sony their own fighter now, and it's not a rip off of SSB.
  89. Nov 20, 2012
    I do not deal for that so many 0, it is a great game that I inspire of a great game. For nothing it is a copy, is more ... it seems more to street fighter that to smash bross... But clear, there can not do to him a game similar to other one, and that could enjoy it in other consoles, for which they are exclusive in others ... bad people ¬¬.
  90. Nov 20, 2012
    Its hard to give score for fun game, which could be so much better.

+ Fighting system is fun and unique

- Poorly done story mode
    - Poorly done customisation
    - Lack of some most iconic characters
    - Missing online modes.
    - Need more stages
  91. Nov 20, 2012
    This game plays real slick. It fits somewhere between the house that Super Smash built and the more traditional fighting games. This doesn't mean hooey if you are playing this as it was meant to be played: as a party game. The game is easy to learn with a few matches and the depth is really there for someone who want to become the resident expert. It is chock full of content, has greatThis game plays real slick. It fits somewhere between the house that Super Smash built and the more traditional fighting games. This doesn't mean hooey if you are playing this as it was meant to be played: as a party game. The game is easy to learn with a few matches and the depth is really there for someone who want to become the resident expert. It is chock full of content, has great gameplay variety and has the potential to spice up Thanksgiving post-dinner for those of you in the United States. Pros:
    Pick up and play
    A lot of modes
    4 player with quick matches
    Interesting characters and stages
    20 Characters
    Good character customization
    Working online play
    Great visuals and audio is top notch

Cons:
    A few big Sony mascots are missing due to copyright issues
    20 Characters
    Can take a little longer to learn than other Brawlers on the market
  92. Nov 20, 2012
    Pues a mi me parece un gran juego, estaba claro que se iba a llevar miles de 0 por culpa de los fanboys de Nintendo.
    A parte los jugadores de consolas Sony, estábamos esperando un juego de este tipo durante mucho tiempo, y por fin se ha hecho realidad.
  93. Nov 20, 2012
    After playing this game, it should be in the range of a 8.0 to 9.5 for most people who play it (I put 10 to help counter the rampant Nintendo fanboys that hit hard here). I'd highly suggest giving the game a chance. Most people I know find it incredibly fun, including myself.
  94. Nov 20, 2012
    People who haven't played this game brush it off as a Smash clone, which obviously it is influenced a lot by Smash, but in reality is a lot more that merely a clone. Gameplay and overall strategy is very different from Smash, and is possibly even deeper and more competitive. Is it a better game than Smash Brothers Brawl? No. Is it a good game? For sure.
  95. Nov 20, 2012
    Every bit as good as we were hoping it would be. All Stars truly does step out of the shadows of SSB and become a game totally it's own. The specials system is excellent, and the combat is incredibly deep. Anyone who says you can just mash buttons to victory clearly has not been playing against anyone but easy bots and no one online. The variety of modes is excellent and there's moreEvery bit as good as we were hoping it would be. All Stars truly does step out of the shadows of SSB and become a game totally it's own. The specials system is excellent, and the combat is incredibly deep. Anyone who says you can just mash buttons to victory clearly has not been playing against anyone but easy bots and no one online. The variety of modes is excellent and there's more content than you'll ever have time for. It's the ultimate local multiplayer game as well, I got 3 of my friends to come over on launch day and we played for hours never running out of things to do. It's simply a joy to play. The characters all feel unique and play drastically different, and there are no reskins like in SSB. Each character has a larger moves list than in Smash Bros which ends up letting you create a play style totally unique to you. I'm loving this game and I think it's probably my GotY for fighting games. Expand
  96. Nov 20, 2012
    I absolutely loved playing as nathan drake fighting sly cooper. The design is close to supersmash but it is still a great game none the less. You must buy dis game
  97. Nov 20, 2012
    Cons:Story mode is awful Roster is pretty bad Not many game modes A lot of really cheap characters
    Plus:Multiplayer is just fun really its mindless fun Online plays well not much lag Lots of achieveables Free DLC Vita version included with the ps3 version
  98. Nov 20, 2012
    its one of the best brawlers of all time. i love the minions charecters the online the characters sly cooper specially he feels great and superbot have relay captured the essence of these charecters
  99. Nov 20, 2012
    For real, give this game a chance. if you go in with the mindset of playing this like super smash, then you will only lose every match. This game plays different and is different. The combat system is slick and very fluid. The roster is great, though it leaves a bit more to be desired. In all you will be getting a game that has many unlockables, is a great bang for your money, and is veryFor real, give this game a chance. if you go in with the mindset of playing this like super smash, then you will only lose every match. This game plays different and is different. The combat system is slick and very fluid. The roster is great, though it leaves a bit more to be desired. In all you will be getting a game that has many unlockables, is a great bang for your money, and is very polished. Get this game. Expand
  100. Nov 20, 2012
    At first I was a little hesitant to purchase this game, but after getting a few hours into the game I really enjoyed it! It was a definite surprise at first. It has a great cast of characters and that's probably what drew my attention. Fun single player mode (Nice whacky story with original voice actors!), tons of unlockable content, very enjoyable multiplayer mode and an overall decentAt first I was a little hesitant to purchase this game, but after getting a few hours into the game I really enjoyed it! It was a definite surprise at first. It has a great cast of characters and that's probably what drew my attention. Fun single player mode (Nice whacky story with original voice actors!), tons of unlockable content, very enjoyable multiplayer mode and an overall decent game.
    It's fun, easy and a lot of replay value. Also, a teaser for Raiden! (A taste of what's coming for his upcoming game)

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 15, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars battle Royale: Not the all-star moment everyone was hoping for, Playstation All-Stars battle Royale is instead a decent enough fighter with serious balance problems and a boring cast. [March 2013]
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    It adds that element of strategizing, especially in online play, where a player can knock out all three of their opponents in fell swoop. Plus, much to my amazement, a character I had no experience using won me my first online match – thank you, Jak.
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    Overall, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is mildly fun.