3.8

1. Mar 23, 2014
    Decent poker game but the game freezes, lagging, loading and framerate drops makes it unplayable most of the time. Had it free with PS plus, i am glad it was free.

The conversation between all the characters are great but get repetitives and there is no way to deactivated them if you just want to play poker.
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    I love telltale, although I never heard about Poker Night 2 until today, when I found it free for PS Plus subscribers. Otherwise, pay 8 dollars. Thank god I didn't do the latter.
    Sure, the dialogue is fun, and for a portal geek as I am, seeing GLaDOS doing maleficent jokes along with Claptrap, Ash from Army of Darkness, Sam from Sam and Max and Brock from whatever is he from was super
    enjoyable...The first playthroughs. Then it is a boring, repetitive game with some serious technical issues.
    The enjoyment is quickly cut short by the poor graphics and framerate, along with several freezes...ALL THE TIME. It practically makes it unplayable. The animations sometimes come late, the lyp syncing is bad...The game on a technical point of view is an utter complete disaster, and some of the worst I have played.
    The first playthroughs, I loved the dialogue and jokes the characters made. But after you played a lot, they start to repeat, with no more variation. The game tries to keep replayability by an unlocking system with themed cards and coins from Portal, Borderlands, Sam and Max, etc. The truth is, with only two game modes and limited dialogue options, there are not that many reasons to keep coming back. And the freezes are so annoying it is barely any enjoyment.
    My recommendation? Don't buy this game. Sure, it has some of gaming's best characters and some tongue-to-cheek humour, but it is also a poorly developed, empty and horribly bland game. Just grab some cards and play poker in real life. It sure freezes less.
  3. Dec 3, 2013
    The game is very fun, charactes are so amazing, I can't even begin to describe it. Some of their line got me laughing so hard, I almost fell out of the chair. But the freezing problem made of by constant saving of the game makes experience not as fun as it could be. Still, very fun game.
  4. Nov 8, 2013
    Almost unplayable on PS3. It freezes way too much to be enjoyable. While the banter is mildly entertaining, this is one of the worst poker mediums I've ever played.
  5. Oct 31, 2013
    A pretty decent poker game, but that's not the reason you should get it. You should get it in order to sit around and play poker with some fantastic licensed characters and listen to the hilarious dialog. If there's one thing that Telltale games has proved over the years it's that they know how to capture what makes an established series so great. It's truly like you are sitting down and playing poker with these characters, and the conversations and lines of dialog that you hear are incredibly funny. I've laughed out loud numerous times while playing this game.

As for the gameplay it's what you would expect from a poker game. You get to play Omaha and Texas Hold'em and can unlock some sweet prizes. It's perfectly enjoyable but unfortunately technical issues do plague the game. Every now and then the game will freeze for a second or two in the middle of playing. It doesn't ruin the game, but it is a noticeable issue. The only other issue with the game is that after you unlock everything there's not much reason to keep playing, unless you just love poker. But even then once the dialog starts repeating most of the magic in this game fades away.

Still even with it's issues "Poker Night 2" is another great game from Telltale. They once again prove that they know how to capture what makes these characters, and the works of fiction that they come from, so great. Even more impressive is how they manage to bring several characters from several different series and put them together into a good poker game. All in all you can consider me impressed with this game. It's a lot of fun and super hilarious.
  6. Oct 26, 2013
    The game is fun. I like omaha poker. The characters are a whoot and taking claptraps money is a blast. To bad the game stutters and freezes. Why release such a game
  7. May 9, 2013
    It looks like telltale pulled a Bethesda on us ps3 gamers and released a COMPLETELY BROKEN GAME! The game often freezes and characters stutter audio frequently. It's been nearly 2 weeks and there still has been no patch. Telltale didn't even acknowledge or respond to complaints on Facebook concerning their broken game. The only saving grace are the characters. Glados and Claptrap are awesome! Ash and Brock are alright but Sam is unfunny and boring. you do get a couple of themes which is nice. My original score would be a 5/10 but it is a 2 because there is a particular bounty challenge that you must complete to be able to try and win Glados's special item and it is impossible. You have to win a showdown with only a high card no pairs flushes full houses only a high card. This is nearly impossible in the game of Poker and the fact that the developers put this as a bounty challenge is both disgusting and revolting to me as a gamer. You basically are forced to spend HOURS And HOURS trying to beat 1 bounty challenge that's not possible. You might want to get it after a patch But only after patch and even then prepare to rage when you see the bounty challenge. Collapse
  8. May 5, 2013
    This game is broken on PS3. The stuttering and freezes isn't occasional. It is ALL OF THE TIME. Makes a slow game of poker even slower. For some reason it wants to save between hands and it will just stutter the audio. I think it saves between hands because it will also freeze indefinitely causing you to restart every once and a while. Telltale dumps some shoddy stuff on PS3 again. Not sure how you can screw up a POKER GAME. The dialog is hit miss on the funny but is hampered by a delivery on PS3 that is less than ideal. Buy elsewhere if you find the characters so hilarious you want to play Poker with them. Expand
  9. May 9, 2013

1. Poker is a lot of fun when played amongst good company, which is definitely the case in Poker Night 2. Claptrap from Borderlands and GlaDOS from Portal steal the show with their goofy remarks. But once you have collected all the goodies, you just want to seat yourself at a real poker table. [June 2013, p.90]
  2. Jun 24, 2013
    Undeniably funny and entertaining. Too bad it's a dreadful poker game. [Issue#232, p.83]
  3. May 14, 2013
    It’s definitely more fun than it has any right to be, but its lasting appeal is seriously questionable.