8.5

1. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 73/100
    Mein User Score = 7/10
  2. Mar 4, 2013
    The humour alone is reason enough to buy Portal 2. The gameplay is enjoyable and there are funny and likeable characters spread evenly throughout the game. The biggest issue is how short and easy the game is. I don't play a lot of puzzle games and I finished it in just under 6 hours. That's just too short and with little replayability since most of the game is figuring out the puzzlesThe humour alone is reason enough to buy Portal 2. The gameplay is enjoyable and there are funny and likeable characters spread evenly throughout the game. The biggest issue is how short and easy the game is. I don't play a lot of puzzle games and I finished it in just under 6 hours. That's just too short and with little replayability since most of the game is figuring out the puzzles (which aren't very hard anyway) it was very underwhelming. Expand
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    waring portal 2 fans please don't read this i can't be bothered with idiots. this game is a puzzle game and so you expect puzzles i thought it was to easy, and it isn't just me my young friend said it was to easier and he thinks call of duty is the best serious every. says a lot. this game got a six because it has an okay story, good graphics and co-op but compared to other games that camewaring portal 2 fans please don't read this i can't be bothered with idiots. this game is a puzzle game and so you expect puzzles i thought it was to easy, and it isn't just me my young friend said it was to easier and he thinks call of duty is the best serious every. says a lot. this game got a six because it has an okay story, good graphics and co-op but compared to other games that came out like batman arkham city, l.a noire and Deux ex human revolution this game doesn't come close Expand
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    "Portal 2" Does almost everything its predecessor did. The new things? Well, that's where valve made some decisions I don't agree with. The whole game feels play-tested to a fault, every puzzle practically screaming at you how it should be solved. In the story campaign (yes, it's brief, but I consider that neither a good or bad thing), I never felt for a moment like I experimenting with"Portal 2" Does almost everything its predecessor did. The new things? Well, that's where valve made some decisions I don't agree with. The whole game feels play-tested to a fault, every puzzle practically screaming at you how it should be solved. In the story campaign (yes, it's brief, but I consider that neither a good or bad thing), I never felt for a moment like I experimenting with different methods to find my way forward, because all the puzzles were shoved into my face. There were no tantalizing moments where I saw a crack in the wall and thought "Look, an escape!" The escape is programmed in for you. As a result of this hand-holding, I don't think I was stumped for more than a few minutes at any time. This was clearly to make sure every player gets through the game and enjoys the clever narrative and excellent voice acting (Wheatley is truly a great character). But this wasn't a battle of me against a disembodied threat. This was me being hand-held through a movie. There was hardly any of those clever immersion moments that valve is so good at creating-with its gameplay. At several points, the game took control away from me and- by god, a cutscene? Why can't I move when the threat is right in front of my face? Puzzles are interrupted halfway for the story to move forward, when I do have control of the story I must do things where I'm thinking "Hm. This seems like a bad idea," and there really is, at some points, only ONE place to put your next portal. The multiplayer is neat if you have a friend who is EXACTLY as good as you at solving puzzles so neither finishes the game for the other, but don't try solving puzzles online while using symbols "Demon's Souls" style to communicate complex thoughts that aren't "Immenent fire," and are more "Put the portal here, I'll jump through it get a portal over there and you...etc." All criticism aside, this is a well made game, and plenty of fun to play if not much of a challenge. Almost too well made. You'll enjoy it, briefly, and move on. Just as long as you aren't looking for anything too ground breaking, like, y'know, "Portal." Expand
  5. Jun 23, 2011
    Really good puzzle game that even manages to attract fps fans to try it out. For me as a single player it's a bit short though as I really don't care about co-ops and multiplayer.
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    Portal 2 is a good game, but just like Portal 1 it's just not great, for me that is. The puzzles are great and well made. The acting is good en well written, the graphics are fine (for a 7 year old engine) but i just get bored after playing for a while. There is no replay value whatsoever after you finished it, except for the coop mode, but I dont care about Coop. I really dont get whyPortal 2 is a good game, but just like Portal 1 it's just not great, for me that is. The puzzles are great and well made. The acting is good en well written, the graphics are fine (for a 7 year old engine) but i just get bored after playing for a while. There is no replay value whatsoever after you finished it, except for the coop mode, but I dont care about Coop. I really dont get why this game is getting these high ratings by the critics, yes it is a unique game and not some run of the mill shooter like all those other shooters out there but that doesnt make it that good. I played the game for about 7 hours and finished it, but after solving all the puzzles replaying would be stupid en boring.
    In my honest opinion valve gets to much credit, this game should not be in the top 10 on metacritic, right up there with Baldur's Gate 2, the best game ever made (and which is over 200 hours of gameplay for the same money) Sorry for my ranting but i just think this game is overrated.....dont shoot me!
  7. May 24, 2011
    While original Portal was puzzle game with hint of story, Portal 2 is story game with hint of puzzles. Long gone is subtlety of level design, player is now served everything on a silver plate in order not to frustrate general audience. Same goes for storytelling, where each fact is repeated multiple times to prevent you from missing anything.
    Where Portal 2 truly excels is cooperative
    Where Portal 2 truly excels is cooperative moder. No narrative distracts you from solving test chambers, and they are really fun to go through. Thanks to cross-platform multiplayer, you can play with other Steam users on PC or Mac, but split-screen variant is still best.
    Hardly Game of the Year, but well made product nonetheless.
  8. May 17, 2011
    Portal(1) illuminated my mind like no game before it, a real masterpiece. Portal 2 on the other hand, while witty and aesthetically excellent, felt disappointingly un-challenging. This surprise watering down of the difficulty on puzzles WILL leave you feeling cheated if you are expecting a Portal(1) level of difficulty or more (which we should expect), but at least it's funny and pleasingPortal(1) illuminated my mind like no game before it, a real masterpiece. Portal 2 on the other hand, while witty and aesthetically excellent, felt disappointingly un-challenging. This surprise watering down of the difficulty on puzzles WILL leave you feeling cheated if you are expecting a Portal(1) level of difficulty or more (which we should expect), but at least it's funny and pleasing to look at. Expand
  9. May 10, 2011
    Critics are calling Portal 2 "A Masterpiece", some are even calling it "the greatest game ever created". But is it? Now I've played some amazing games in my time: Elf Bowling 1 & 2 but how does this rate in the real world? Well, let me tell you from one "hardcorer" to another, it's a bit like Portal 1, but I never played that game so I can't really comment. Anyway I have played PortalCritics are calling Portal 2 "A Masterpiece", some are even calling it "the greatest game ever created". But is it? Now I've played some amazing games in my time: Elf Bowling 1 & 2 but how does this rate in the real world? Well, let me tell you from one "hardcorer" to another, it's a bit like Portal 1, but I never played that game so I can't really comment. Anyway I have played Portal 2 though and it's quite a good game. You can move around. You can jump up and down. You can put yourself into holes... and come out the other side. If you're very clever you can even see yourself going in and out of the holes ***Spolier*** You're a chick with an orange jumpsuit and white T-Shirt!!!! On the negative side it does go on a bit. I was playing the first level for well over a week before I realised I didn't have the controller switched on. But once I did oh boy, the game frazzled my eye balls. The visuals are so cool it's like not even a video game but virtual reality, only in a fully realized as a cartoon. Seriously though, I can't tell you how amazing this game is. If you've only ever played Frogger before then you will be so startled you will die from excitment and delirium. It's funny too. When I was playing game I couldn't believe that evil artificial **** calling me an overweight scumbag for trying to murder her (Mom ain't so talkative now with duct tape wrapped around her mouth). As I was saying, the game is also funny, there's an evil artifical **** that keeps calling you an overweight scumbag for trying to murder her... wait a minute. Anyway if I could give this game 11 out of 10, I wouldn't because it's not as good as all that. However if you do like playing video games, this is one for you. You also get to stick a potato on your finger at one point. Expand
  10. May 7, 2011
    Please be warned, at the current price tag of over £30 this game is NOT worth it. It is far too short, and apart from some nice introductions of gel's and tractor beams ,the puzzles on the whole seem to be underdeveloped , and dumbed down from the original. The "escaping" section of the game is far too linear and uninteresting making one yearn to return to the "test"Please be warned, at the current price tag of over £30 this game is NOT worth it. It is far too short, and apart from some nice introductions of gel's and tractor beams ,the puzzles on the whole seem to be underdeveloped , and dumbed down from the original. The "escaping" section of the game is far too linear and uninteresting making one yearn to return to the "test" chambers.
    Don't get me wrong, this is a reasonably good game. The voice characterisation and scripting are both witty and sharp, and once the price drops by half it will be well worth a play through, but in my opinion Portal 2 is not a fully developed game. There are glimpses of the genius and charm of Portal 1 but a 5 out of ten for good effort is alI I can award it.
  11. May 3, 2011
    really don't get into puzzlelgames, but this one is captivating. I actually bought it for my wife but she got creeped out. "Why do you always buy games like this?" I received from her as she hands me the control. I found it quite humorous with very little suspense at all. However, my wife, who mostly plays Sims or Little Big Planet, had to hide in another room. Overall, great artwork andreally don't get into puzzlelgames, but this one is captivating. I actually bought it for my wife but she got creeped out. "Why do you always buy games like this?" I received from her as she hands me the control. I found it quite humorous with very little suspense at all. However, my wife, who mostly plays Sims or Little Big Planet, had to hide in another room. Overall, great artwork and graphics, very well done characters, engaging puzzels that make you feel very satisfied after completion. Too short though and that's why I think it would be better if you just rent it to finish it in the four to five hours it takes to complete.. Co-op has some more replay ability but alas I can't get my wife to play it with me. Zero replay ability for single game. Expand
  12. Apr 24, 2011
    Great game so far. Have a huge bug though, I'm not sure if its tied to my internet being down but twice my saved game data says corrupted and I have to completely start over. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions? I'm going to play again but make sure to copy the save game data to another profile. Pissed off was pretty far too. Without the bug I would have given it a 9.. loveGreat game so far. Have a huge bug though, I'm not sure if its tied to my internet being down but twice my saved game data says corrupted and I have to completely start over. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions? I'm going to play again but make sure to copy the save game data to another profile. Pissed off was pretty far too. Without the bug I would have given it a 9.. love unique coop games but the graphics and load times are pretty bad. Awesome to use steam and play with pc but pretty sure that's part of the reason I can't even load my own saved gamed. Maybe there is already a patch out, will find out tommorrow when my interent is hopefully fixed. Expand
  13. Apr 22, 2011
    This game is fantastic, and overall one of the best games I've ever played. Is it a 20 hour game? No. You can get through the single player in 6-8 hours (very roughly) and co-op will add about 5 or so hours to it. The replay value isn't in the gameplay per se (though it is very fun) but in the amazing dialogue and hilarious characters. You are doing your self a disservice by not picking upThis game is fantastic, and overall one of the best games I've ever played. Is it a 20 hour game? No. You can get through the single player in 6-8 hours (very roughly) and co-op will add about 5 or so hours to it. The replay value isn't in the gameplay per se (though it is very fun) but in the amazing dialogue and hilarious characters. You are doing your self a disservice by not picking up this game. Expand
  14. May 19, 2011
    It's rare in our sequel filled world that anything equals the original, let alone surpasses it. Portal 2 accomplishes this without losing sight of what made the original great, an even rarer feat.

Portal 2 puts you back in the shoes of the original speechless protagonist from the first game. For those that didn't have the patched PC version that explained a bit more of the ending from the last one, you were recaptured at the end of the game, setting up the beginning of Portal 2.

You're greeted by a friendly AI core named Wheatley as the place is falling down around you. After making your escape from danger, you and Wheatley set out to find a way out of the facility. Much like GLaDOS from the first game, the game is absolutely made by the interaction between you and this character. The voicing of this character couldn't be more appropriate. The dialog at the ends of levels, as well as some of the little quips in between were on occasion laugh out loud funny. Of course, GLaDOS makes her appearance in this game as well, and is every bit as hilarious and sadistic as the previous game. The story is very intriguing, and you'll get to learn a lot of the background behind Aperture Science. For a game that in it's first incarnation started with no story at all, they've managed to wrap a great piece of fiction around the brilliant game mechanic that gave life to the series. Whoever is doing the writing for this series is worth every penny that Valve pays them. The gameplay differs very little from the first game until roughly half way through the game. The same two portal mechanic is still used to solve puzzles, but a curveball from a mechanic standpoint as well as a story standpoint gets thrown at the player with the introduction of gels. There are three different types of gel that it turns out Aperture was working on: a bounce gel, an acceleration gel, and a portal gel. The first two are pretty self explanatory. The third though, allows you to place a portal on any surface. This is a very interesting twist to the game mechanic, especially given how the gels are dispensed. I was worried in early previews when the gel was revealed that this would change the game drastically, and not for the better. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. The gel mechanics add another layer to the puzzles, but are never the absolute focal point of the puzzle. Every puzzle still maintains the portal mechanic as the primary means of getting the job done. I like to maintain my reviews as spoiler free, so I'll leave it to you to see what I'm talking about. Suffice to say, it's a welcome addition to the game.

The only criticism I can level at the game are the load times. This seems to be more distracting later in the game than earlier. (Trying to avoid spoilers here) You'll find that the game will stop suddenly and take significant amounts of time to load the next section. I'm not a programmer, nor do I play one on TV, but I would think at this point that programmers should be able to find an intelligent way to seamlessly load the next section of a game unbeknownst to the player.

This edition of the game introduces a co-operative experience with it's own stand alone story as well. I would strongly recommend finishing the single player version of the game before beginning the co-op. There's two reasons for this. First, completing all the puzzles in the single player mode will prepare you for the challenge of co-op. Co-op is a different beast entirely when it comes to difficulty. Though I only have about three hours in the co-op at this point, I would say that it is more difficult than single player. Secondly, the co-op contains a very minor spoiler for the single player game right out of the gate. It's not much, but if you like to be surprised as much as possible by story elements, you'll want to finish the single player first.

Pros:

* More of the same great puzzles
    * Voice acting is outstanding, and the story is both engaging and laugh out loud funny in some instances
    * Enough new mechanics added to keep the game from feeling stale, while keeping the focus on using portals to solve puzzles
    * Co-op mode extends the play time of the game and gives a completely new experience, complete with its own stand alone story

Cons:

*Load screens between sequences can take you out of the flow of the game

Score: 5 out of 5 stars - Must Own

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Portal 2 continues the original's model, both in terms of gameplay and humor, and reviewing it poses just as many challenges. So let's just get this out of the way right now: Portal 2 is videogame nirvana for the thinking man.
    Portal 2 is an instant classic, a driver of innovation and originality, where everything is far from settled by the law of the bullet, but within the limits of physics.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 27, 2011
    That Valve has been able to imbue so much depth to what is, at its heart, a sophisticated puzzle game proves once again it's not the genre that counts. It's the talent. Combine it with a superb physics-based game mechanic and you've got an experience that defies easy categorisation and can be recommended without reservation. [June 2011 p.67]