Portal 2 PlayStation 3

8.4

1. Jun 14, 2011
    Thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. The visuals are great and gameplay is challenging at times. The announcement of the free upgrade with challenge mode will keep me nipping in and out of the game for some time. I love the fact that for once a third-party developer made the game look and perform better on the PS3 than the 360. Good work. Now announce Half-Life 3!
  2. Jun 13, 2011
    I bought the game, pre-owned, with the intention of trading it in as soon as I finished it, upon finishing it I knew that I could never sell this game. thought the first Portal was a great game, but too short. However Portal 2 is much longer, and so much better. Without doubt Portal 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. The puzzles are at times challenging but never frustrating,I bought the game, pre-owned, with the intention of trading it in as soon as I finished it, upon finishing it I knew that I could never sell this game. thought the first Portal was a great game, but too short. However Portal 2 is much longer, and so much better. Without doubt Portal 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. The puzzles are at times challenging but never frustrating, the voice acting is amazing and it is just an all round brilliant game. I would recommend anybody and everybody to buy this game. Hopefully there will be a third! Expand
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    Portal 2 is a good game, but just like Portal 1 it's just not great, for me that is. The puzzles are great and well made. The acting is good en well written, the graphics are fine (for a 7 year old engine) but i just get bored after playing for a while. There is no replay value whatsoever after you finished it, except for the coop mode, but I dont care about Coop. I really dont get whyPortal 2 is a good game, but just like Portal 1 it's just not great, for me that is. The puzzles are great and well made. The acting is good en well written, the graphics are fine (for a 7 year old engine) but i just get bored after playing for a while. There is no replay value whatsoever after you finished it, except for the coop mode, but I dont care about Coop. I really dont get why this game is getting these high ratings by the critics, yes it is a unique game and not some run of the mill shooter like all those other shooters out there but that doesnt make it that good. I played the game for about 7 hours and finished it, but after solving all the puzzles replaying would be stupid en boring.
    In my honest opinion valve gets to much credit, this game should not be in the top 10 on metacritic, right up there with Baldur's Gate 2, the best game ever made (and which is over 200 hours of gameplay for the same money) Sorry for my ranting but i just think this game is overrated.....dont shoot me!
  4. Jun 11, 2011
    the people who bash this game don't know what they're talking about, this is without doubt the best game of the year so far, and for me, even the decade. it's an achievement in video game game play, and a milestone in video game storytelling.
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    Rather than go on about how much I loved the game, let me instead leave you with some helpful notes.

-The game plays like a tutorial. That is, the learning curve is extremely linear. Very rarely are you asked to do something complicated without being made to do a simple version of it a level or two before. Still, very rarely is anything explicitly spelled out. -As I see it, there

-As I see it, there are two different negative reactions to this. Seasoned players from Portal 1 are aware of this system and take full inventory of the tools available to him. These people complain that the game is too easy.
    Then there are the people who get stuck on a very specific part with a simple solution and they say the game is too hard.

-Addressing the people in that second camp... The most common criticism I hear goes something like, "you're stuck in one section of the game forever looking for that one part of the wall you're supposed to shoot."
    You can get stuck in this game, but rarely if ever does it involve finding that one random spot to stick a portal. If you're firing wildly on the horizon, fishing for a spot to progress, you're doing it wrong. Progress is never accidental.

-"I liked the test chamber parts, but the middle part sucked."
    As convincing as these non-test areas are, they're really test areas, just dirtier-looking. Anyone who attempts to navigate these parts normally is going to get stuck.

-The story is well-written, well-acted, and well-paced. Some people are critical of it, comparing it to the first game. This is my take: The first game is interesting and elegant in a way that surprises you. What looks like a simple but unique puzzle game actually has an interesting, dark sense of humor. The sequel, unable to deliver this same kind of surprise, instead makes an effort to introduce new characters and bothers to flesh them out. But it doesn't lose its dark sense of humor.

-Co-op is more of the same but with a buddy. The story isn't as complex, but the puzzles are more difficult. (although they are mostly confined to the obvious test chambers people seem to like) My advice? Play with someone you know you're not going to fight with. At any one point you'll feel stupid because the other guy figured something out before you could, or you'll be frustrated with the guy you're dragging along. Compared to most co-op games, this one is unforgiving in that success is clearly success and failure is clearly failure.

-It's short. I finished it in two days playing pretty steadily. If you're on the kind of budget that allows you one game all year, this might not be for you. But if your budget allows two games, get a nice multi-player that lasts you a while and Portal 2.
  6. Jun 5, 2011
    A masterful experience, to say the least. Portal 2 definitely lived up to my expectations. The Co-operative campaign was especially fun, as it allowed for more intricate level designs. The single player campaign was alright, although quite lacking in content. It takes very little time to beat the single player campaign, and the levels generally require very little thought. It seems that,A masterful experience, to say the least. Portal 2 definitely lived up to my expectations. The Co-operative campaign was especially fun, as it allowed for more intricate level designs. The single player campaign was alright, although quite lacking in content. It takes very little time to beat the single player campaign, and the levels generally require very little thought. It seems that, more often than not, you are simply wandering around trying to find where you can place a portal, rather than actually finding a creative way to reach the goal. Nevertheless, this game is certainly worth at least a rental. Expand
  7. Jun 1, 2011
    I can honestly say that this game is one of the best games I've *ever* played, if not the best. I've already played through the single player 3 times, and pretty much done all of the co-op. Everything about it is so good, from the story, the humour, the game play, the test chambers, characterisation, and the detail in the graphics. And I didn't find one glitch anywhere. It is so wellI can honestly say that this game is one of the best games I've *ever* played, if not the best. I've already played through the single player 3 times, and pretty much done all of the co-op. Everything about it is so good, from the story, the humour, the game play, the test chambers, characterisation, and the detail in the graphics. And I didn't find one glitch anywhere. It is so well crafted, and really is at the peak of not only what Valve can do, but where gaming has arrived in general. I just cannot recommend this game enough. You'll have so much fun listening to the voice-overs, and you'll feel super-smart solving the puzzles. I really have gone as far as I can with this game, and I'm still hungry for more, so I just can't wait for Valve to release some DLC, that I believe they're going to sometime in June. I really don't understand why some people are giving this a low score, because honestly I feel this is a masterpiece, where the sum of the parts delivers something so much greater. Don't hesitate in getting this - it's truly amazing. Expand
  8. May 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Portal 2 is an engrossing and clever masterpiece. Everything, from the first minute to the last, is extroaordinary. The hilarity of Wheatley's mischief, the shock of betrayal, the happiness of GLaDOS' change of heart...everything is sewn together perfectly. Expand
  9. May 30, 2011
    Portals genius is the way it takes a simple premise (get from A to B using portals) and turns it into one of the most mind boggling, original and downright addictive games you'll ever play. Even if you don't normally like puzzle games i'd urge you to at least try this as apart from being one of the best games of this generation it's also like no other game this generation.
    Is it perfect?
    Is it perfect? No, but it's not far off. If you want to be picky then, yeah, it's a little bit short and lacks genuine replay value but does any of that really break the game in any way or stop it being one of the greatest puzzle games ever? Hell no!
  10. May 30, 2011
    Valve has yet again put together an absolutely fantastic game and sequel to their previous hit, Portal. In this one, the campaign is much longer, more diverse, more challenging and funnier. It goes by quite fast, but it's because you're having so much fun. The voice actors are superb and the puzzles are even better than last time. The intuitive additions to the franchise all add somethingValve has yet again put together an absolutely fantastic game and sequel to their previous hit, Portal. In this one, the campaign is much longer, more diverse, more challenging and funnier. It goes by quite fast, but it's because you're having so much fun. The voice actors are superb and the puzzles are even better than last time. The intuitive additions to the franchise all add something that helps the gameplay and enhances the possibilities. The soundtrack is also extremely well-done and original and will be something you'll want to revisit. To aid in replay value, Valve have added a phenomenal co-op section of the game where two people can work together. These puzzles are harder and more challenging than you ever thought or saw in single player. However, even with co-op and promised DLC, the game does suffer from a lack of replay value. There are added commentary tracks in each level (but not near enough) and little surprises to add icing to the cake (which is a lie) but in the end you can only play the game so much before you have everything memorized and it's no longer enjoyable. Hopefully the promised DLC as well as potential future DLC will fix this issue, as it's a fantastic game. Expand
  11. May 29, 2011
    This is an improvement in every way, shape or form to the first game. Don't pay attention to the disgruntled PC gaming fans - they're mostly pissed off that this gem isn't 'theirs' anymore, and therefore are looking for every straw man they can to diss the game. Fact is, the single player campaign is at least three times as long as the previous one; it features a couple of plot twistsThis is an improvement in every way, shape or form to the first game. Don't pay attention to the disgruntled PC gaming fans - they're mostly pissed off that this gem isn't 'theirs' anymore, and therefore are looking for every straw man they can to diss the game. Fact is, the single player campaign is at least three times as long as the previous one; it features a couple of plot twists which will make you scratch your head and keep playing just to see what's going on; and new gameplay devices are introduced smoothly and expertly, never overwhelming the player. It's also interesting to see how Valve handled co-op mode: it's a whole new campaign by itself, and it features an indicator system that may not be as effective as using an actual headset, but it's surprisingly functional all the same. All in all, there's nothing wrong to be found here... Unless you're so spoiled about game length to the point that 16 hours devoted to high quality gaming isn't as good as 40 hours managing inventory just so you can endure another 40 hours of medieval fantasy cliches. Then, and only then, Portal 2 isn't the game for you. Expand
  12. May 29, 2011
    The original Portal quickly became a sensation in the gaming industry, so how do you follow it up, like this. Portal 2 does practically every thing right, it's laugh out loud funny, has brilliant puzzle design, and has a deep, rich back story about Apeture you will get to learn. The normal campaign will probably clock in from 5 to 7 hours on your first play through a the co-op will takeThe original Portal quickly became a sensation in the gaming industry, so how do you follow it up, like this. Portal 2 does practically every thing right, it's laugh out loud funny, has brilliant puzzle design, and has a deep, rich back story about Apeture you will get to learn. The normal campaign will probably clock in from 5 to 7 hours on your first play through a the co-op will take about as long. that's around 10 to 14 hours considering you don't play through it again. And that's not what you do in Portal, you replay it countless times because it an excellent game. Overall, is Portal 2 better than the original? Well in terms of game play, to me it makes the original look like a tech demo because of all these creative new elements in the game. In terms of humor, music, and design it's also better. But in terms of which game changed the industry and will be most likely be remembered more, Portal 1 will always win. Expand
  13. May 28, 2011
    I thought this game was absolutely brilliant. My only qualm would be that, although the story is indeed good, it is slightly too repetitive. Co-op also feels like a completely additional story line. How ever I also think it could require a tab more creativity to solve the puzzles. Good length, good plot, great additions, Great game! Well worth the money.
  14. May 27, 2011
    This game infuriates me. The original is one of my all time favorites, but this one takes a game that was about strategy and turns it into a game where you spend most your time searching for that one spot that you are able to create a portal just so you can progress. The environments are not as appealing, the new droid with a British accent is lame (but the original GladOS still kicksThis game infuriates me. The original is one of my all time favorites, but this one takes a game that was about strategy and turns it into a game where you spend most your time searching for that one spot that you are able to create a portal just so you can progress. The environments are not as appealing, the new droid with a British accent is lame (but the original GladOS still kicks ass) and to be honest I have to force myself to play and get through the levels. It's simply not fun, engaging, or compelling. Expand
  15. May 27, 2011
    From top to bottom, there is a lot to love about Portal 2, and not much to dislike. It is quite possibly the best delivery of a puzzle game, well, ever. Itâ
  16. May 26, 2011
    Portal 2 does a lot right, and my score is an 8 only for a few minor issues that I have. This is an excellent squeal to the first. The character dialogue is brilliant and funny and is just an enjoyable game to play. Some parts fly by a little quickly and the overall length of the game could be longer, but for what it is, its one of the best gaming experiences I've had in recent memory.Portal 2 does a lot right, and my score is an 8 only for a few minor issues that I have. This is an excellent squeal to the first. The character dialogue is brilliant and funny and is just an enjoyable game to play. Some parts fly by a little quickly and the overall length of the game could be longer, but for what it is, its one of the best gaming experiences I've had in recent memory. There's just a sense of satisfaction that you don't get in other games when you figure out a chamber. I was thrilled with the Steam integration, the cousin and father both game on PC and by getting this version, I'm able to play with them on both platforms. Some of you may find if useless, but it's an option that's better to have and not need, then to need and not have. Now the issues I have is that the online coop is strictly based on your friends list, either PSN or Steam. Not everybody I know is going to play the same games as me, so a form on online matchmaking would have been nice; especially since a few trophies rely on your friends list, which I find rather unfair to achieve. I did love the split screen option, that's something too many games have gotten away from (and its full split screen the way its meant to be, not cut off like Resistance 2 or just the corners of the tv like in Killzone 3).Couple of other minor issues, parts are too linear and just it should have been longer. Aside from that, this is an enjoyable experience that any true gamer would be missing out if they didn't try. If your on any edge, just wait for the price drop and you will not be disappointed. Expand
  17. May 24, 2011
    While original Portal was puzzle game with hint of story, Portal 2 is story game with hint of puzzles. Long gone is subtlety of level design, player is now served everything on a silver plate in order not to frustrate general audience. Same goes for storytelling, where each fact is repeated multiple times to prevent you from missing anything.
    Where Portal 2 truly excels is cooperative
    Where Portal 2 truly excels is cooperative moder. No narrative distracts you from solving test chambers, and they are really fun to go through. Thanks to cross-platform multiplayer, you can play with other Steam users on PC or Mac, but split-screen variant is still best.
    Hardly Game of the Year, but well made product nonetheless.
  18. May 23, 2011
    SHOUT OUT! TO ANYONE THAT LOVES PUZZLES, THIS IS YOUR GAME. This game is so much fun, I wish it didnâ
  19. May 22, 2011
    Great game! Masterpiece by Valve. Good graphics(Not amazing), and good physics. The game features some very funny characters. The storyline is very balanced, and since it follows up the original Portal, its a bit important you have played the original Portal. The single-player storyline might be a little to short, but its still an awesome game. The Co-op game-play, I personally find veryGreat game! Masterpiece by Valve. Good graphics(Not amazing), and good physics. The game features some very funny characters. The storyline is very balanced, and since it follows up the original Portal, its a bit important you have played the original Portal. The single-player storyline might be a little to short, but its still an awesome game. The Co-op game-play, I personally find very very funny. The Steam integration on the PS3, and the free PC version is just great marketing by Valve, and it works flawless. 10/10

An DLC has been announced, with news levels and so on! 10/10
  20. May 21, 2011
    Another winner from Valve yet again. Great single player which I think surpasses the first game as you don't feel limited with just doing test chambers all the time. The voice acting is where Portal 2 shines, you just can't not laugh at the quirks and comments from Glados (Ellen Mclain), Wheatly (Stephen Merchant) and my favourite Cave Johnson (JK Simmons). The cooperative play is very funAnother winner from Valve yet again. Great single player which I think surpasses the first game as you don't feel limited with just doing test chambers all the time. The voice acting is where Portal 2 shines, you just can't not laugh at the quirks and comments from Glados (Ellen Mclain), Wheatly (Stephen Merchant) and my favourite Cave Johnson (JK Simmons). The cooperative play is very fun to play and adds the length to game. Not much replayablility but aside from that it is a rock solid game. Expand
  21. May 19, 2011
    It's rare in our sequel filled world that anything equals the original, let alone surpasses it. Portal 2 accomplishes this without losing sight of what made the original great, an even rarer feat.

Portal 2 puts you back in the shoes of the original speechless protagonist from the first game. For those that didn't have the patched PC version that explained a bit more of the ending from the last one, you were recaptured at the end of the game, setting up the beginning of Portal 2.

You're greeted by a friendly AI core named Wheatley as the place is falling down around you. After making your escape from danger, you and Wheatley set out to find a way out of the facility. Much like GLaDOS from the first game, the game is absolutely made by the interaction between you and this character. The voicing of this character couldn't be more appropriate. The dialog at the ends of levels, as well as some of the little quips in between were on occasion laugh out loud funny. Of course, GLaDOS makes her appearance in this game as well, and is every bit as hilarious and sadistic as the previous game. The story is very intriguing, and you'll get to learn a lot of the background behind Aperture Science. For a game that in it's first incarnation started with no story at all, they've managed to wrap a great piece of fiction around the brilliant game mechanic that gave life to the series. Whoever is doing the writing for this series is worth every penny that Valve pays them. The gameplay differs very little from the first game until roughly half way through the game. The same two portal mechanic is still used to solve puzzles, but a curveball from a mechanic standpoint as well as a story standpoint gets thrown at the player with the introduction of gels. There are three different types of gel that it turns out Aperture was working on: a bounce gel, an acceleration gel, and a portal gel. The first two are pretty self explanatory. The third though, allows you to place a portal on any surface. This is a very interesting twist to the game mechanic, especially given how the gels are dispensed. I was worried in early previews when the gel was revealed that this would change the game drastically, and not for the better. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. The gel mechanics add another layer to the puzzles, but are never the absolute focal point of the puzzle. Every puzzle still maintains the portal mechanic as the primary means of getting the job done. I like to maintain my reviews as spoiler free, so I'll leave it to you to see what I'm talking about. Suffice to say, it's a welcome addition to the game.

The only criticism I can level at the game are the load times. This seems to be more distracting later in the game than earlier. (Trying to avoid spoilers here) You'll find that the game will stop suddenly and take significant amounts of time to load the next section. I'm not a programmer, nor do I play one on TV, but I would think at this point that programmers should be able to find an intelligent way to seamlessly load the next section of a game unbeknownst to the player.

This edition of the game introduces a co-operative experience with it's own stand alone story as well. I would strongly recommend finishing the single player version of the game before beginning the co-op. There's two reasons for this. First, completing all the puzzles in the single player mode will prepare you for the challenge of co-op. Co-op is a different beast entirely when it comes to difficulty. Though I only have about three hours in the co-op at this point, I would say that it is more difficult than single player. Secondly, the co-op contains a very minor spoiler for the single player game right out of the gate. It's not much, but if you like to be surprised as much as possible by story elements, you'll want to finish the single player first.

Pros:

* More of the same great puzzles
    * Voice acting is outstanding, and the story is both engaging and laugh out loud funny in some instances
    * Enough new mechanics added to keep the game from feeling stale, while keeping the focus on using portals to solve puzzles
    * Co-op mode extends the play time of the game and gives a completely new experience, complete with its own stand alone story

Cons:

*Load screens between sequences can take you out of the flow of the game

Score: 5 out of 5 stars - Must Own
  22. May 19, 2011
    Okay fellow portal makers PORTAL 2 is here and let me tell you it is Amazing.It is everything a great game should be. A great single player experience,a new Multiplayer Co op feature gives a lot more value for your money and gets some crazy puzzles starting.Now let me start with this the cast is awesome from the once again laugh out loud funny GLADOS to the extremely witty British humor ofOkay fellow portal makers PORTAL 2 is here and let me tell you it is Amazing.It is everything a great game should be. A great single player experience,a new Multiplayer Co op feature gives a lot more value for your money and gets some crazy puzzles starting.Now let me start with this the cast is awesome from the once again laugh out loud funny GLADOS to the extremely witty British humor of Wheatley.The game has some new features like repulsion Gel which is a very nice feature it allows players to experiment with the environment. Also now we have lasers replacing the ORBS from the first game,the ending is superb and in a way makes you a little sad inside i wont spoil it for you though.But yea its a Amazing game if you liked the first game you will adore this one. Expand
  23. May 18, 2011
    Let me preface this by saying that Portal 2 is one of the most well-written games I've ever played, and the voice acting completely compliments it in the best way possible. However, fantastic writing and sound doesn't mean you can get away with a perfect score. If you liked Portal, you won't be disappointed at all here. The campaign is pretty much 5 times longer than the first Portal, andLet me preface this by saying that Portal 2 is one of the most well-written games I've ever played, and the voice acting completely compliments it in the best way possible. However, fantastic writing and sound doesn't mean you can get away with a perfect score. If you liked Portal, you won't be disappointed at all here. The campaign is pretty much 5 times longer than the first Portal, and there are a lot more elements to solve the puzzles. Solving puzzles are so satisfying, but when you fully master the new puzzle elements, the game is pretty much over, and the new stuff isn't used as much as you'd like to. Portal 2 is a great game, but I just want more, and it didn't deliver enough of the new stuff. Maybe it's a good sign of making me want more. Expand
  24. May 17, 2011
    Portal(1) illuminated my mind like no game before it, a real masterpiece. Portal 2 on the other hand, while witty and aesthetically excellent, felt disappointingly un-challenging. This surprise watering down of the difficulty on puzzles WILL leave you feeling cheated if you are expecting a Portal(1) level of difficulty or more (which we should expect), but at least it's funny and pleasingPortal(1) illuminated my mind like no game before it, a real masterpiece. Portal 2 on the other hand, while witty and aesthetically excellent, felt disappointingly un-challenging. This surprise watering down of the difficulty on puzzles WILL leave you feeling cheated if you are expecting a Portal(1) level of difficulty or more (which we should expect), but at least it's funny and pleasing to look at. Expand
  25. May 15, 2011
    Well worth it to play, I understand the PC gamers' agonies over the game and feel sympathy for them. But still, this game is incredibly polished, has professional voice acting, and has one of best co-ops of any game! the story is engaging throughout due to humor provided by GlaDoS, Wheatley, and Cave Johnson. They pretty much run the whole story as you are only the background character.Well worth it to play, I understand the PC gamers' agonies over the game and feel sympathy for them. But still, this game is incredibly polished, has professional voice acting, and has one of best co-ops of any game! the story is engaging throughout due to humor provided by GlaDoS, Wheatley, and Cave Johnson. They pretty much run the whole story as you are only the background character. Why criticize? Expand
  26. May 14, 2011
    A true masterpiece of a game that is oozing in quality from start to finish. The voice acting and script are the best of any videogame I've ever played, and the gameplay feels rewarding and continually evolves with new elements and challenges, both in solo and co-op play. It's an incredible experience and you absolutely have to play it. That said, I really think the game is a must rentA true masterpiece of a game that is oozing in quality from start to finish. The voice acting and script are the best of any videogame I've ever played, and the gameplay feels rewarding and continually evolves with new elements and challenges, both in solo and co-op play. It's an incredible experience and you absolutely have to play it. That said, I really think the game is a must rent rather than a must buy. While replay value is there, a lot of the appeal for me came through the storytelling and initial buzz of figuring out a puzzle, which is inevitably lost on a second playthrough. That isn't to say it's not worth the money, but I feel you could enjoy the bulk of the game in a solid weekend. Expand
  27. May 12, 2011
    Such an amazing, awesome game. The ideas are excellent, challenging but not too difficult. Really fun. I do think the price is way too much for today's market, considering how great iphone games are now for .99. Should be about $25. $60 is insane.
  28. May 11, 2011
    It's a good game but extremely over-rated by the mainstream media. I enjoyed it, it kept my interest, the graphics were solid, the story kept me driving towards the end in anticipation of what happens and the gameplay is good. The only problem is nothing about it is amazing or even 'really' good; certainly there are far better games out there. However, I enjoyed Portal 2 but it would neverIt's a good game but extremely over-rated by the mainstream media. I enjoyed it, it kept my interest, the graphics were solid, the story kept me driving towards the end in anticipation of what happens and the gameplay is good. The only problem is nothing about it is amazing or even 'really' good; certainly there are far better games out there. However, I enjoyed Portal 2 but it would never be my GOTY and I'll probably trade it in before its value drops. This game, I think, isn't worth 60 bucks. Wait for it to drop to $30-$40 max and you'll get your money's worth. It's a clever puzzle game with some challenge that isn't really too challenging at all. Nonetheless, I enjoyed being in Valve's Skinner box with the 'pellet' being one test closer to the game's conclusion.

7.7/10 IMO
  29. May 10, 2011
    Who doesn't love a little strategy? Vavle's new Portal 2 absorbs you right from the start with GLaDOS verbally cutting you down between testing and predicting your immanent demise. This is an instant classic. The levels progress in difficulty as you work your way through the challenges with Wheatly, your nut-case guide, at your side to support you at the beggining. I recommend thisWho doesn't love a little strategy? Vavle's new Portal 2 absorbs you right from the start with GLaDOS verbally cutting you down between testing and predicting your immanent demise. This is an instant classic. The levels progress in difficulty as you work your way through the challenges with Wheatly, your nut-case guide, at your side to support you at the beggining. I recommend this FPS/Strategy game to anyone looking to kill time with a smile on their face. Expand
  30. May 10, 2011
    In no way was I disappointed. In fact, I was very impressed with the game overall. I expected GLaDOS to be slightly more vengeful but she still managed to amuse me. CO-OP was a fun addition. As long as we can get some harder "tests" in the coming DLC then I won't have anything negative to say.
  31. May 10, 2011
    Critics are calling Portal 2 "A Masterpiece", some are even calling it "the greatest game ever created". But is it? Now I've played some amazing games in my time: Elf Bowling 1 & 2 but how does this rate in the real world? Well, let me tell you from one "hardcorer" to another, it's a bit like Portal 1, but I never played that game so I can't really comment. Anyway I have played PortalCritics are calling Portal 2 "A Masterpiece", some are even calling it "the greatest game ever created". But is it? Now I've played some amazing games in my time: Elf Bowling 1 & 2 but how does this rate in the real world? Well, let me tell you from one "hardcorer" to another, it's a bit like Portal 1, but I never played that game so I can't really comment. Anyway I have played Portal 2 though and it's quite a good game. You can move around. You can jump up and down. You can put yourself into holes... and come out the other side. If you're very clever you can even see yourself going in and out of the holes ***Spolier*** You're a chick with an orange jumpsuit and white T-Shirt!!!! On the negative side it does go on a bit. I was playing the first level for well over a week before I realised I didn't have the controller switched on. But once I did oh boy, the game frazzled my eye balls. The visuals are so cool it's like not even a video game but virtual reality, only in a fully realized as a cartoon. Seriously though, I can't tell you how amazing this game is. If you've only ever played Frogger before then you will be so startled you will die from excitment and delirium. It's funny too. When I was playing game I couldn't believe that evil artificial **** calling me an overweight scumbag for trying to murder her (Mom ain't so talkative now with duct tape wrapped around her mouth). As I was saying, the game is also funny, there's an evil artifical **** that keeps calling you an overweight scumbag for trying to murder her... wait a minute. Anyway if I could give this game 11 out of 10, I wouldn't because it's not as good as all that. However if you do like playing video games, this is one for you. You also get to stick a potato on your finger at one point. Expand
  32. May 9, 2011
    With the hype surrounding this game, I doubted it could possibly match expectations, but Valve has pulled it off. Once again, the writing and voice-acting are superb and hilarious, the puzzles are challenging, but not frustrating, and the pacing is well done, smoothly introducing the player to new elements..The quality matches up, down the line, even to the end credits song, which is asWith the hype surrounding this game, I doubted it could possibly match expectations, but Valve has pulled it off. Once again, the writing and voice-acting are superb and hilarious, the puzzles are challenging, but not frustrating, and the pacing is well done, smoothly introducing the player to new elements..The quality matches up, down the line, even to the end credits song, which is as equally catchy as "Still Alive", a feat I thought frankly, impossible. The game is on the short side, though longer than the first, with the addition of an excellent co-op mode, and the nature of the game means there isn't really any re-playability once you've solved the puzzles. (unless one wants to enjoy the story experience again.) It'll be up to each individual to decide on whether they think it's worth the price, but the question of whether the game itself matches the first Portal is a resounding "Yes!"â Expand
  33. May 9, 2011
    Is Portal 2 the best game ever created? No probably not but is is damn close. I cannot believe the people on here giving it less than 9?! IT IS RIDICULOUS!!! Some of these people need to learn how to see a great game how can they say it's bad? I cannot find any reason why so I suppose I'll have to live with it. GLaDOS is so funny and Wheatly is a great character. It was a shame whatIs Portal 2 the best game ever created? No probably not but is is damn close. I cannot believe the people on here giving it less than 9?! IT IS RIDICULOUS!!! Some of these people need to learn how to see a great game how can they say it's bad? I cannot find any reason why so I suppose I'll have to live with it. GLaDOS is so funny and Wheatly is a great character. It was a shame what happened to him. Expand
  34. May 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. good mental excersise, in the single player and specially in the co op to play with a friend or relative is just so much fun. could be a little longer but the humor that glaados brings make worth the journey. play it.

darthgamer79
  35. May 7, 2011
    Please be warned, at the current price tag of over £30 this game is NOT worth it. It is far too short, and apart from some nice introductions of gel's and tractor beams ,the puzzles on the whole seem to be underdeveloped , and dumbed down from the original. The "escaping" section of the game is far too linear and uninteresting making one yearn to return to the "test"Please be warned, at the current price tag of over £30 this game is NOT worth it. It is far too short, and apart from some nice introductions of gel's and tractor beams ,the puzzles on the whole seem to be underdeveloped , and dumbed down from the original. The "escaping" section of the game is far too linear and uninteresting making one yearn to return to the "test" chambers.
    Don't get me wrong, this is a reasonably good game. The voice characterisation and scripting are both witty and sharp, and once the price drops by half it will be well worth a play through, but in my opinion Portal 2 is not a fully developed game. There are glimpses of the genius and charm of Portal 1 but a 5 out of ten for good effort is alI I can award it.
  36. May 6, 2011
    What makes me sad, is the amount of haters hating on this game just because of one little flaw. For example: GlaDOS didn't turn out exactly as I expected her to be so this game gets a 0, or, awesome game, 0. This game is exactly what we all want and a perfect sequel for the first Portal. THe humor is amazing, the characters are funny, and I don't know anyone who didn't enjoy the game.
  37. May 5, 2011
    Portal 2 is a pretty fun game but it is short. It took me along the lines of 5 hours without much difficulty. It would've been nice to see more puzzles. The first portal seemed much tougher and longer and it was pretty much an experiment by Valve. Portal 2 was supposed to be a full game and it was almost laughable and how easy it was. Other then that the story was enjoyable. Controls threwPortal 2 is a pretty fun game but it is short. It took me along the lines of 5 hours without much difficulty. It would've been nice to see more puzzles. The first portal seemed much tougher and longer and it was pretty much an experiment by Valve. Portal 2 was supposed to be a full game and it was almost laughable and how easy it was. Other then that the story was enjoyable. Controls threw me off sometimes remembering which portals to throw at which point during the more complex later puzzles, but regardless they still weren't much of a challenge. All in all like I said Portal 2 is a fun game, however I would more so recommend renting this game as it's very short and could be completed in one sitting. Expand
  38. May 4, 2011
    Easily one of the greatest videogames ever made. I just finished it last night, and I must say that this game has a perfect balance of puzzle and story, seamlessly integrating both. I never had to stop solving puzzles to appreciate the story, but beyond that, I actually felt like I was a part of the story, even though the game is incredibly scripted. Portal 2 has fiendishly clever puzzles.Easily one of the greatest videogames ever made. I just finished it last night, and I must say that this game has a perfect balance of puzzle and story, seamlessly integrating both. I never had to stop solving puzzles to appreciate the story, but beyond that, I actually felt like I was a part of the story, even though the game is incredibly scripted. Portal 2 has fiendishly clever puzzles. While there's always one specific solution, I had plenty of "ah-ha" moments. I never had to refer to any guides, but the puzzles get pretty complicated. There were definitely a few moments where I just scratched my head. I won't spoil it, but there's lots of great back-story and character development for fans of the original game. Lastly, the graphics were phenomenal - I did see some blurry textures here and there, but there was an incredible sense of space, and thought was put into every object in the game. Perhaps the most impressive aspect though, was the way that the environments would change as you moved through them. This is a huge change from the original, of course.

I know there are some people complaining that Portal 2 was too short, but I thought the length was perfect. It took me about two weeks to finish it, mostly because I only had small segments of time. In contrast with sprawling open-world games, this game gives you a constant sense of direction. It also has a sense of urgency, though you can always solve the puzzles at your own pace. There was a time when I might have complained that 8 hours of gameplay was too short, but at this point I'm more concerned about a 'perfect' experience; Portal 2 is thoughtful and thought-provoking in every moment. It absolutely has might highest recommendation.
  39. May 3, 2011
    really don't get into puzzlelgames, but this one is captivating. I actually bought it for my wife but she got creeped out. "Why do you always buy games like this?" I received from her as she hands me the control. I found it quite humorous with very little suspense at all. However, my wife, who mostly plays Sims or Little Big Planet, had to hide in another room. Overall, great artwork andreally don't get into puzzlelgames, but this one is captivating. I actually bought it for my wife but she got creeped out. "Why do you always buy games like this?" I received from her as she hands me the control. I found it quite humorous with very little suspense at all. However, my wife, who mostly plays Sims or Little Big Planet, had to hide in another room. Overall, great artwork and graphics, very well done characters, engaging puzzels that make you feel very satisfied after completion. Too short though and that's why I think it would be better if you just rent it to finish it in the four to five hours it takes to complete.. Co-op has some more replay ability but alas I can't get my wife to play it with me. Zero replay ability for single game. Expand
  40. May 2, 2011
    I would rate this game an 8.4. It is a pretty game but lacks very much content to make it any higher of score. It can be rented, beaten, and returned in one 5 day period.
  41. May 2, 2011
    Come on guys Portal 2 is NOT the best game ever made for the ps3! 95 on metacritic? I wish people would review games via genre sometimes. For its genre it is the best game available for sure. Its down right addictive, clever and enjoyable. Rating it higher than Uncharted 2, GTA4/RDR and other games of epic propertions is ridiculous. Its worth having in your collection but If it had to beCome on guys Portal 2 is NOT the best game ever made for the ps3! 95 on metacritic? I wish people would review games via genre sometimes. For its genre it is the best game available for sure. Its down right addictive, clever and enjoyable. Rating it higher than Uncharted 2, GTA4/RDR and other games of epic propertions is ridiculous. Its worth having in your collection but If it had to be put into the list of ps3 best titles it would come around 70th at best. Expand
  42. Apr 30, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. The campaign was fun, its a great puzzle game. Has some brain teasers, and a really great story mode with a fantastic ending, and some fun co-op. I enjoyed the co-op. It has some brain teasers, and was executed very well, you must use teamwork. Its not a co-op styles game where one persons can do all the work. You and your buddy need to work together,This game is absolutely amazing. The campaign was fun, its a great puzzle game. Has some brain teasers, and a really great story mode with a fantastic ending, and some fun co-op. I enjoyed the co-op. It has some brain teasers, and was executed very well, you must use teamwork. Its not a co-op styles game where one persons can do all the work. You and your buddy need to work together, really fun and very well executed. This game is truly awesome 10/10. Expand
  43. Apr 30, 2011
    For me best game of the year up to now. Im not one of those people that give a 10 if they like a game and a 0 if they dont , that is why the user score is not that good , but im giving it a 10 because i think it deserves it. The writing was EXCELLENT being one of the most funny games i have ever played , the music was OMG if your in to that type and the puzzles where not to difficult butFor me best game of the year up to now. Im not one of those people that give a 10 if they like a game and a 0 if they dont , that is why the user score is not that good , but im giving it a 10 because i think it deserves it. The writing was EXCELLENT being one of the most funny games i have ever played , the music was OMG if your in to that type and the puzzles where not to difficult but well enough made to make you use your brain , which is fine with me . The major complaints about this game is about its day 1 dlc and its length. First of all you should not rate a game by its dlc but what comes in the package. What if the best game in the world for you comes out and the next day dlc comes out for it ? Whould your opinion about the game change in any way ? The correct answer is NO so stop reading reviews from people that gave the game a 2 because it dint have some hats ( wtf ? ) in it for free . Now about the time that it takes you to complete this game i can understand people complaining especially if they rarely buy a game . Thow this game is not short by any means ( about 12-18 hours with coop ) for a game at this age , its probably not enough for some people . If a game has just got single player it should last 60 hours or if it has multiplayer it should last someone a whole year . For me i believe that that VALVe has chosen quality over quantity ( as i said thow its not that short as people keep saying ) so i dont think i should reduct points from it. Before i finish i want to say that this is the ps3 version so you also get steam on your console which gives you steam achievements cross platform coop with the pc and mac steam cloud which allows you to save your ps3 progress and continue on your pc . Oh dint i mention ? if you puy the game for the ps3 you also get a code to download it for free on steam . FOR FREE PEOPLE so its not a complete waste of money is it ? VALVe i Expand
  44. Apr 30, 2011
    This is hands down the best game I have played in a long time. The story was incredible, and if you dont run crying to the internet for walkthroughs, single player is 7 hours minimum. To all those who are complaining about the length of the game, let me introduce you to a company caled VALVE. If you have the PC or PS3 version, steam will keep the game updated with new things, includingThis is hands down the best game I have played in a long time. The story was incredible, and if you dont run crying to the internet for walkthroughs, single player is 7 hours minimum. To all those who are complaining about the length of the game, let me introduce you to a company caled VALVE. If you have the PC or PS3 version, steam will keep the game updated with new things, including dlc. Now while silly things like costumes cost money, things like new modes, and new levels will be released this summer, for FREE. Thats right, VALVE has always continued its support of their games, and more importantly the people who buy them. There will be plenty of new additions, that wont cost a dime coming in the future to MORE than justify the price... so get over it, dont cheat, enjoy the game, and look forward to FREE additional content http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/04/29/free-portal-2-dlc-aiming-for-summer-release/ . Expand
  45. Apr 30, 2011
    The best game experience in last three years and one of the best games of decade. Studio Valve shows how to do game for gamers and also how to earn big money. Best studio in the whole industry. Story, humour, graphics in Portal 2 - everything is epic here. And... now announced DLC for all platforms FREE - who else can offer it to the players?
  46. Apr 28, 2011
    A hilariously written sequel.I laughed my way through the single player game in one sitting.The dialogue is what stands out the most in this game. The co-op is good if you have a semi-intelligent partner otherwise you will spend more time explaining to them what to do instead of actually progressing.The gameplay is very similar to the original and some of the puzzles are tricky but thisA hilariously written sequel.I laughed my way through the single player game in one sitting.The dialogue is what stands out the most in this game. The co-op is good if you have a semi-intelligent partner otherwise you will spend more time explaining to them what to do instead of actually progressing.The gameplay is very similar to the original and some of the puzzles are tricky but this shouldn't be a full priced game.However if you are happy with the purchase price,good on ya. Expand
  47. Apr 28, 2011
    Well paced, atmospheric, challenging and ultimately rewarding, this game is really excellent. The visuals are stunning, the story is engaging and the overall aesthetic to the game really draws you in to the world. Whoever cast Stephen Merchant deserves a pay rise. Well done Valve.
  48. Apr 28, 2011
    never played the first so dont know about the sandbox style of the first..and when my misses bought me this game i was not looking forward to playing it(i like to shoot things) but it blew me away and i got addicted!! now if only the psn was working so i can co-op online
  49. Apr 27, 2011
    I don't know what happened there, from Portal to Portal 2, but what I experience is not what I expected. GLADOS lost her uniqueness. "Helping you help us help you help us all" compared to fat and "your parents don't love you" jokes speak a clear language. Graphically there is nothing to complain, but the audio work is extraordinary great! Still, the gameplay has flaws! Not the puzzles!I don't know what happened there, from Portal to Portal 2, but what I experience is not what I expected. GLADOS lost her uniqueness. "Helping you help us help you help us all" compared to fat and "your parents don't love you" jokes speak a clear language. Graphically there is nothing to complain, but the audio work is extraordinary great! Still, the gameplay has flaws! Not the puzzles! They are great! But that world just doesn't fit in. Glados beeing an idiot? WTF were you thinking? GLADOS is a passive aggressive machine ffs. Why is it human all of a sudden? Who cares about a human? It's all about an uncontrolled machine that wreaks heavoc over human habits. 0 compare to a flawless 10 from Portal. Expand
  50. Apr 27, 2011
    Portal 2 is excellent all the way through. The puzzles are great, and are presented along a well executed curve of difficulty. The voice acting and humor are both top notch. I would absolutely recommend trying this game out, especially if you have played through the first Portal and are a fan. And for those who are giving it 0's to even out the score to what you think it should be, anPortal 2 is excellent all the way through. The puzzles are great, and are presented along a well executed curve of difficulty. The voice acting and humor are both top notch. I would absolutely recommend trying this game out, especially if you have played through the first Portal and are a fan. And for those who are giving it 0's to even out the score to what you think it should be, an average is supposed to be an average of everyone's opinion, not what you think it should be. Don't ruin the site for everyone. Expand
  51. Apr 26, 2011
    First off - people ranking the game a zero to "compensate" for the 10s probably just need to do something to compensate for their other "disadvantages". Maybe someone DID feel it was a 10. But there are people here saying "I'd give it a 7, but since so many people rated it high I'm going to give it a zero", and that's just plain dumb. I didn't feel the game was a ten. It was far tooFirst off - people ranking the game a zero to "compensate" for the 10s probably just need to do something to compensate for their other "disadvantages". Maybe someone DID feel it was a 10. But there are people here saying "I'd give it a 7, but since so many people rated it high I'm going to give it a zero", and that's just plain dumb. I didn't feel the game was a ten. It was far too short for that. I completed single player in about 4 and a half hours. For $60? Pfft. If it were $20 I'd probably give it a 10, but not at this price point. Fortunately Best Buy gave $10 gift cards so I didn't feel TOO ripped off, but if it weren't for the funny dialogue, I'd probably give this a 6. Some puzzles were challenging, but once you start thinking in portals the solutions tend to come naturally and no puzzle had me stuck for more than 15 minutes. I might hang on to this for the co-op, but by the time I've finished that, I'll be trading towards LA Noire. Expand
  52. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Most well designed puzzle game of all time, and it's also the funniest game i've ever played. Truly a genius work of art.
  53. Apr 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best Game, sequel is at least as good than the first one.
    I am just not a big fan of Stephen Merchant voice though.

[spoiler] .
    I still prefer the song from PORTAL
    [spoiler]
  54. Apr 25, 2011
    I found this game an excellent sequel. For me, it is the games writing that really sets it apart. The comedy and voice acting is brilliant and at times they manage to even scare you despite you knowing there are no actual enemies in the game (as it is all puzzle based). The player gets to explore and understand the history of Aperture laboratories and makes the relatively closed world ofI found this game an excellent sequel. For me, it is the games writing that really sets it apart. The comedy and voice acting is brilliant and at times they manage to even scare you despite you knowing there are no actual enemies in the game (as it is all puzzle based). The player gets to explore and understand the history of Aperture laboratories and makes the relatively closed world of the first instalment a much bigger one.

On a puzzle based note, I did feel that the puzzles weren't as challenging as I thought they would be. I was expecting a much steeper difficulty curve, with only a couple of the puzzles posing any real difficulty (maybe I have been thinking with portals too long?). That said, there is no reason not to pick this title up if you are a fan of good puzzle games, a fan of the first one, or just very entertaining and clever writing. At the time of writing this, PSN has been down since its release so I am unable to comment on the cooperative mode, however, I have heard from fellow Steam users that it is just as good as the single player experience, if not with harder puzzles.
  55. Apr 25, 2011
    Fantastic writing, and the puzzles are deeper and more diverse than in the original game. The visual style is also very reminiscent of the first game, but much more developed and there are environments to see beyond austere test chambers (or the ruins thereof). There isn't a lot of flash to the visuals, but between the art design and great use of lighting, the game is still very nice toFantastic writing, and the puzzles are deeper and more diverse than in the original game. The visual style is also very reminiscent of the first game, but much more developed and there are environments to see beyond austere test chambers (or the ruins thereof). There isn't a lot of flash to the visuals, but between the art design and great use of lighting, the game is still very nice to look at. Fun and entertaining from beginning to end, worth replaying multiple times, and the co-op is very well done.

The game is about 7-9 hours long in single player, and maybe 4-5 in multiplayer. Some people think that's not enough content for $60 and ding the game for it, but that's kind of silly; rent the game or wait for the price to drop.

Despite Gabe's former stance on the PS3 and how badly The Orange Box was ported onto the machine, the PS3 version of Portal 2 is actually slightly better looking than the 360 version (according to Digital Foundry) and runs at a rock-solid framerate. It also comes with a voucher for the PC/Mac version of the game and supports Steam features, including cross-platform online play between PC/PS3 players. The PC version is still the best version overall, but between the consoles, the PS3 version is the way to go.
  56. Apr 25, 2011
    Valve picks quality of quantity in portal 2. The voice acting is fantastic, the story is amazing, the game play is loveable. After finishing single player, I can say that this is one of my favorite games. Its length is a tad short. I finished it in an evening and a morning, but like I said, its quality. And you can stretch the time by going for the trophies. But Valve better release someValve picks quality of quantity in portal 2. The voice acting is fantastic, the story is amazing, the game play is loveable. After finishing single player, I can say that this is one of my favorite games. Its length is a tad short. I finished it in an evening and a morning, but like I said, its quality. And you can stretch the time by going for the trophies. But Valve better release some free DLC/ user made levels. In all, if you liked portal a lot, get this
    if you liked the idea of portal but thought it was a tad boring, look up some videos and see if you like it
    If you hated portal, wouldn't recommend it to you.
  57. Apr 25, 2011
    Portal 2 is a fantastic game. Those who are complaining about the short length (it's about 7-8 hours without rushing) are neglecting to mention that those 7-8 hours are pure excitement. There is never a dull moment. No item finding, no leveling up, no fetch-quests. Without all the fluff common in other games, it leaves an incredibly well-written narrative coupled with mind-bending puzzlesPortal 2 is a fantastic game. Those who are complaining about the short length (it's about 7-8 hours without rushing) are neglecting to mention that those 7-8 hours are pure excitement. There is never a dull moment. No item finding, no leveling up, no fetch-quests. Without all the fluff common in other games, it leaves an incredibly well-written narrative coupled with mind-bending puzzles and jaw dropping set-pieces. Could it have been longer? Sure. But what you get is a fully satisfying experience, and it'll be easy to go back and play it multiple times. This one will be hard to beat for GotY. Expand
  58. Apr 25, 2011
    If you've ever enjoyed a Valve game, then you already know how good Portal 2 is. Every moment is a delight. And just to be clear, the single player campaign is longer than the Portal one by a good few hours, and that's not even considering the co-op. Cheap at twice the price, in my opinion.

On the other hand, if your sole criteria for what makes a good game is how long it takes you to complete it, then you need to reassess your priorities. I'd rather have half a dozen hours of perfection than 80 hours of thinly spread repetitive grind. If you actually managed to come away from Portal 2 feeling disappointed, then you have bigger problems than having just 'wasted' your money on a video game.
  59. Apr 24, 2011
    I don't even understand how people are rating this game 0. Lack of content? There are 2 games in this game. DLC? Its so optional its crazy. And has anybody looked at the prices? I'm pretty sure its like a dollar for the things people are rating this game 0 for. Furthermore, when you buy the ps3 edition, you get a free computer version. Also, the game is $49.99 on steam right now.I don't even understand how people are rating this game 0. Lack of content? There are 2 games in this game. DLC? Its so optional its crazy. And has anybody looked at the prices? I'm pretty sure its like a dollar for the things people are rating this game 0 for. Furthermore, when you buy the ps3 edition, you get a free computer version. Also, the game is $49.99 on steam right now. People pay 59 for freaking black ops STILL. FINALLY. If you bought the potato sack, and beat the games and all that junk, you got a free copy of portal 2. How are these the actions of a company that cares only about money?! Expand
  60. Apr 24, 2011
    One of the best story lines and satisfying game play I have played in years. It deserves All the love it gets. It's even greater on ps3, better graphics and PC and ps3 gamers can play online together.
  61. Apr 24, 2011
    As good as Portal 2 was, I just wanted a little more...
    The single player campaign was really quite good but felt lacking in some areas, maybe some of the sections got tedious around the middle of the game but overall it was pretty good. The Co-op was alright but the story was lacking and didn't really inspire much thought. This game probably deserves an 7 but to even it out i'm
    As good as Portal 2 was, I just wanted a little more...

This game probably deserves an 7 but to even it out i'm giving it a 0.
  62. Apr 24, 2011
    Great game so far. Have a huge bug though, I'm not sure if its tied to my internet being down but twice my saved game data says corrupted and I have to completely start over. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions? I'm going to play again but make sure to copy the save game data to another profile. Pissed off was pretty far too. Without the bug I would have given it a 9.. loveGreat game so far. Have a huge bug though, I'm not sure if its tied to my internet being down but twice my saved game data says corrupted and I have to completely start over. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions? I'm going to play again but make sure to copy the save game data to another profile. Pissed off was pretty far too. Without the bug I would have given it a 9.. love unique coop games but the graphics and load times are pretty bad. Awesome to use steam and play with pc but pretty sure that's part of the reason I can't even load my own saved gamed. Maybe there is already a patch out, will find out tommorrow when my interent is hopefully fixed. Expand
  63. Apr 24, 2011
    Please do not listen to any one who tells you this game is anything less that brilliant, you can easily forgive it for being short mainly due to the fact that is so fun you will find your self passing the single player more times than you feel comfortable with. The voice acting is top notch and it makes me hope to see Stephen Merchant reprising his role in any way possible, not onlyPlease do not listen to any one who tells you this game is anything less that brilliant, you can easily forgive it for being short mainly due to the fact that is so fun you will find your self passing the single player more times than you feel comfortable with. The voice acting is top notch and it makes me hope to see Stephen Merchant reprising his role in any way possible, not only because he captured the character of wheatley brilliantly, but because his character is so lovable i couldn't imagine it any other way. The music is ear-gasmic, so much so it is the only game i would recommend buying the soundtrack. it offers more than any other sequel has ever done before by turning a 2 hour game in to a fully fledged 5 - 8 hour masterpiece with unforgettable characters and amazing gaming moments. you will find your self laughing more than being frustrated by the villains dead pan and hilarious comments. Expand
  64. Apr 24, 2011
    The self-righteous,entitled trolls around here are probably those who played the Valve "ARG" game and thought they'd win a house or something. Don't listen to them. This is honestly one of the best game I've ever played and I've been playing games since the Atari 2600. It's fun, It's clever, it reminded me that there are still people that *care* about making great games instead of ****The self-righteous,entitled trolls around here are probably those who played the Valve "ARG" game and thought they'd win a house or something. Don't listen to them. This is honestly one of the best game I've ever played and I've been playing games since the Atari 2600. It's fun, It's clever, it reminded me that there are still people that *care* about making great games instead of **** them out from the game-o-tron factory.

I am not even exaggerating when I say I laughed more playing this game than I laughed playing all the other games I ever played put together. Yes, it is that good. In fact, this is more than a game. It's an experience. Personally I have a hard time finishing a game these days. I usually lose interest halfway because,well, because game-o-tron factory. This is the only game I ever restarted right after finishing it (with the developer's commentaries of course) because I wanted MORE. In fact ,I want all game developers making a game right now to stop whatever they're doing and play this game. Better yet, playing this game should be mandatory in every game-making courses (or whatever it's called right now). Long story short: VALVe has done it again but BETTER. This is a masterpiece plain and simple. Go play it NOW.
  65. Apr 24, 2011
    Valve have done it again! This game is Awesome, Pitty about the PSN being a bit rubbish, perhaps Sony should let valve take over the on-line side using their Steam systeml, GOTY in my opinion, Oh and ignore the trolls, if you want to experience a fine wine of a game get Portal 2
  66. Apr 24, 2011
    £33 is not much for any PS3 game, never mind one of this calibre. I did finish the single player campaign in a fairly short amount of time but I must admit to having watched the walkthroughs online (mainly for the story, but I did remember quite a few of the bigger solutions). It's a great game, it's just a shame that amazon sent it 2 days late and PSN is acting up, but I will£33 is not much for any PS3 game, never mind one of this calibre. I did finish the single player campaign in a fairly short amount of time but I must admit to having watched the walkthroughs online (mainly for the story, but I did remember quite a few of the bigger solutions). It's a great game, it's just a shame that amazon sent it 2 days late and PSN is acting up, but I will hopefully play through the Co-op on split screen later today. Great game, slightly short but doesn't need to be longer. Not ten as little replay value, blah blah blah. Expand
  67. Apr 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of my favorite games of all time, even better than the first. The story, the puzzles, and the characters are all more complex this time around, in a good way. The ending itself is amazing, the moon sequence, followed by the adorable turret opera, topped off with the unexpected return of the (original?) companion cube! Well done Valve! Expand
  68. Apr 23, 2011
    Very fun game! A fan of the first game, Portal 2 has more of a story to it with the same challenging puzzles as the first. On chapter 7 and it's been a fun ride so far, can't stop playing the damn game!
  69. Apr 23, 2011
    Great sound and graphics. Difficult puzzles that are actually pretty fun to play + a decent story and coop. I believe the user score is too low here and as with all Valve games I wish they were longer, just like I wished all great movies were longer.
  70. Apr 23, 2011
    It is awesome! Go away haters! Portal 2 is a must buy and does everything right! Best game out this year so far! The game doesn't deserve 0's and 1's. It deserves 9's and 10's!
  71. Apr 23, 2011
    The story - "Valve-styled". It made me play all evening and, after that , all night long...
    Graphics - one of the strongest sides of this game. I'm still affected by these maps with VERY HUGE spaces. I'VE NEVER SEEN anything like this before!!!! It is still misunderstandable how can these maps load in ~10 seconds?! I'm also puzzled how can these maps fit into my notebook videocard's memory which is only 256mb, high-detailed?!
    Defects: 1. Game often shuted down. But I suppose that is a bug of my non-legal copy.
    2. The first 10-15 testchambers are really boring! But I understand that they are created for some unique idiots who will buy the second Portal without playing the first one! But as for me, it is really annoying!
    This game EXCEEDED ALL IMAGINABLE EXPECTATIONS!!!!
    Well, there are many small defects in this game, so I'd better rate "9", but this game really affected me... Then the only mark I can give is "10"!
    P.S.:Yes, I'm definitely buying the official copy...
  72. Apr 22, 2011
    This game is fantastic, and overall one of the best games I've ever played. Is it a 20 hour game? No. You can get through the single player in 6-8 hours (very roughly) and co-op will add about 5 or so hours to it. The replay value isn't in the gameplay per se (though it is very fun) but in the amazing dialogue and hilarious characters. You are doing your self a disservice by not picking upThis game is fantastic, and overall one of the best games I've ever played. Is it a 20 hour game? No. You can get through the single player in 6-8 hours (very roughly) and co-op will add about 5 or so hours to it. The replay value isn't in the gameplay per se (though it is very fun) but in the amazing dialogue and hilarious characters. You are doing your self a disservice by not picking up this game. Expand
  73. Apr 22, 2011
    Portal 2 isn't just about portals. As a matter of fact, initial development excluded portals altogether. That says a lot about the true heart of this game. It's an action-adventure game disguised as a puzzle game, and it's story-driven game. Chell's story, Glados' story, and ultimately Aperture's. Portals are just means to tell and advance that story. The action, beautifully-pacedPortal 2 isn't just about portals. As a matter of fact, initial development excluded portals altogether. That says a lot about the true heart of this game. It's an action-adventure game disguised as a puzzle game, and it's story-driven game. Chell's story, Glados' story, and ultimately Aperture's. Portals are just means to tell and advance that story. The action, beautifully-paced and driven by a dark and ominous soundtrack, invokes memories of Half-Life 2. The writing and voice acting are superb, with plenty of comic relief to put a smile on your face. While it's not the revolution HL2 was, it's as every bit a masterpiece in game design. Players looking for hardcore dexterity-based puzzles may be disappointed. Those of us who enjoy all aspects of gaming will cherish Portal 2 as an instant classic. Expand
  74. Apr 22, 2011
    Unlike most of the people on this site giving this game bad reviews, I have actually beaten both single player and co-op, so I have a right to be reviewing the game. First off I would like to say this is NOT a short game, which seems to be the only thing that most people are complaining about. It took me about 14 hours to play through both single player and co-op (including the hour me andUnlike most of the people on this site giving this game bad reviews, I have actually beaten both single player and co-op, so I have a right to be reviewing the game. First off I would like to say this is NOT a short game, which seems to be the only thing that most people are complaining about. It took me about 14 hours to play through both single player and co-op (including the hour me and my friend took to play tag in coop). This will obviously differ depending on how good you are at puzzles, but I have a 133 IQ, so unless you are Einstein or looked at a walkthrough for every puzzle before playing them, it shouldn't take less than ten hours minimum. Also, this is the funniest game i have played since, well, portal 1. In fact this is much funnier than portal 1, and i found myself laughing out loud almost every test chamber. The voice acting is sensational, with great writing and actors who were obviously into their roles. At some points I found myself standing still for five minutes just to listen to what the characters have to say (I waited at the turret production line part for ten minutes just to hear every one liner they say, every one making me laugh) . The story even has a few twists that you will not see coming,and an ending that will make you want to jump up and down at its sheer awesomeness. Obviously the game play isn't for everyone, but if you don't like puzzle games then you shouldn't be playing it anyway. If you do like puzzles, you are unlikely to find a game with more fun, challenging, and creative puzzles than portal 2. The only downside is that, as a puzzle game, there is not much re-playability other than revisiting the story. Fortunately valve has announced that they are going to support it with mod tools on PC and there is likely to be DLC, so we should have a decent amount of new content coming. In conclusion, Portal 2 is a fun, challenging, rewarding puzzle game with an awesome story. If you liked the first Portal,you will love Portal 2. Even if you dont like puzzles it is worth going through just to listen to the characters speak. It obviously doesn't have as much lasting appeal, but the price tag is worth the amount of enjoyment you will get from your first play through. Buy it, and you will love it. The only reason people are complaining about it being too short is that it is so good you don't want it to end. Expand
  75. Apr 22, 2011
    Great game. Finished single player game in two days because it was so addicting. Great humor and story. Great puzzles. I just wish it didn't have to end so soon.
  76. Apr 22, 2011
    I'd like to give Portal 2 a 10, honestly I would, but as many have mentioned, it lacks a bit of the freshness of Portal. I was hoping for new mechanics, not just new ways to use existing mechanics. That being said, Portal 2 is an amazing game, filled with great puzzles, witty voice acting, and what is probably the best co-op play since SMB on the NES. The advent of Steam of the PS3 is aI'd like to give Portal 2 a 10, honestly I would, but as many have mentioned, it lacks a bit of the freshness of Portal. I was hoping for new mechanics, not just new ways to use existing mechanics. That being said, Portal 2 is an amazing game, filled with great puzzles, witty voice acting, and what is probably the best co-op play since SMB on the NES. The advent of Steam of the PS3 is a nice touch, and I'm personally excited to see where it goes from here. Expand
  77. Apr 22, 2011
    Ingenious puzzles, unique environments, and clever writing combine to make Portal 2 one of the best games of all time. Access to Steam and a free copy of the PC version make the PS3 version of Portal 2 an even better choice.
  78. Apr 22, 2011
    I think this is the best game what I played! I can´t understand the negative user score. The single player is short but perfectly written. The new game play elements are amazing!!!!
    Thank you Valve!!!
  79. Apr 21, 2011
    Fantastic game with at least 15 hours of play time. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. Better than the first, totally worth the price. The cross platform play is also exceptional. Well done Valve.
  80. Apr 21, 2011
    This is the best game out there. So far the story is amazing and I don't want to spoil you with anything. Just enjoy your ride through the Aperture facilities and try to find your way out of this mess. Only 3 games could be better in the future: Episode Three, Mass Effect 3 and Half-Life 3 :D
  81. Apr 21, 2011
    A wonderful game that does the original justice while adding wonderful new elements. Do not listen to the trolls, this game isn't 5 hours long or crappy. Not even close to a waste of money.
  82. Apr 21, 2011
    By far the best game of 2011 so far and for sure a game of the year contender! This game is way better than the original, it just feels bigger and it is funnier, longer and plays better than the original! A MUST BUY.
  83. Apr 21, 2011
    1. If you beat the game in four hours, you should be proud of yourself. Not everyone can beat it as fast as you. Plus there are the co-op missions, which will add at least four more hours for someone with your skill.
    2. You're not being forced to pay for cosmetic DLC so why complain? Every dollar you choose to spend helps the developers.
    3. I think the PC should be able to see through
    3. I think the PC should be able to see through multiple portals.
    4. I will agree that ARG was a disappointment, but that's more of a marketing scheme than gameplay value.
  84. Apr 21, 2011
    First off love the game never played the first but maybe I'll head back now. Anyways I notice how the pc version is one point higher which is not mine concern. What bothers me is that ps3 and xbox version are rated the same even though the ps3 gets a free pc copy and we can play with pc users. Either bring the rating for ps3 up or 360 down
  85. Apr 21, 2011
    Another absolute triumph in almost every aspect by Valve, with a truly engrossing story and atmosphere that carves an extraordinary cinematic experience for the player, still fitting neatly into the cosmology of Half Life. The game introduces a multitude of new game play elements and mechanics to harness alongside most concepts of the first game. players will see the return of theAnother absolute triumph in almost every aspect by Valve, with a truly engrossing story and atmosphere that carves an extraordinary cinematic experience for the player, still fitting neatly into the cosmology of Half Life. The game introduces a multitude of new game play elements and mechanics to harness alongside most concepts of the first game. players will see the return of the benevolent and comical GLaDOS amongst an array of new and wonderfully voiced characters. Content is also provided in a healthy sum as once the single player campaign is completed, players can move on to the equally as lengthy and outstanding cooperative campaign. Portal 2 Vehemently pulls itself ahead of the crowd and will please newcomers to the franchise along with fans of the Brilliant and innovative first game a like, it is an exceptional game to say the least and will provide endless hours of fun. Expand
  86. Apr 21, 2011
    The only criticism of Portal 2 is if you haven't played it. The only negative reviews of Portal come from the inevitable tall poppy syndrome accompanying a critically revered title, or from people that simply haven't played it. Portal defies all expectations following the first game, even the unrealistic ones. The levels are exciting, one of video games most memorable characters, GLaDOS,The only criticism of Portal 2 is if you haven't played it. The only negative reviews of Portal come from the inevitable tall poppy syndrome accompanying a critically revered title, or from people that simply haven't played it. Portal defies all expectations following the first game, even the unrealistic ones. The levels are exciting, one of video games most memorable characters, GLaDOS, makes a return in unprecedented style and wait for it, the game has co-op. Right now this sounds like the most biased review imaginable designed to flog product, all I can say is that with no stake in this game, I'd happily volunteer to stand around selling copies, it is that good. Why you may ask, well, that is a fair question, there are plenty of excuses one could come up with, but none of them are quite fitting. The game is an experience, a revelatory statement that will convert you if you let it. GLaDOS invites you in, know you may never get out. Expand
  87. Apr 21, 2011
    I loved this game. I'd rate it a 9 but for it to get to that average I must rate it as a 10. It took me 9 hours to complete single player and I still haven't gone through with developer's commentary, or finished co-op. It's definitely worth the money being that it comes with the PC and Mac version (a $50 value) free. I loved all of the black humor and the enveloping story. This is a sequelI loved this game. I'd rate it a 9 but for it to get to that average I must rate it as a 10. It took me 9 hours to complete single player and I still haven't gone through with developer's commentary, or finished co-op. It's definitely worth the money being that it comes with the PC and Mac version (a $50 value) free. I loved all of the black humor and the enveloping story. This is a sequel that I'm not at all disappointed with, being that I hardly expected one when playing through the first game. This is a great game that I'd whole-heartedly recommend to anyone, no matter if you're a gamer or not nor what genre of game you normally play, and, in my opinion, is a front runner for Game of the Year. That being said I'd have liked to see more of the testing elements combined in the tests and some more difficult tests for the hardcore gamers, that is my only negative comment. Expand
  88. Apr 21, 2011
    In all of my years playing video games, and all the different types of games I've played, none of them ever made me want to keep playing more, more than Portal and Portal 2. A lot of people complain that Portal 2 is too short, but from my perspective, it adds more playback value. In my honest opinion, Portal 2 is but a pinch shy from a perfect game. Comparing my experiences with otherIn all of my years playing video games, and all the different types of games I've played, none of them ever made me want to keep playing more, more than Portal and Portal 2. A lot of people complain that Portal 2 is too short, but from my perspective, it adds more playback value. In my honest opinion, Portal 2 is but a pinch shy from a perfect game. Comparing my experiences with other masterpieces such as MGS4, Final Fantasy, and Legend of Zelda, Portal 2 gave me that urge to keep playing and make the most out of it. The only other game that also made me want to keep playing were (the earlier) Guitar Hero games and they didn't even have a storyline back then. So what does Portal 2 bring to the table? A great story, lovable and despicable characters, unique and addictive gameplay, high playback value, a cute almost childish simple sense of humor, and an awesome soundtrack. My only complaint is the fact that the final boss battle could have been a bit more difficult. I found some of the levels much harder than the final battle, and the fact that there are no more cake jokes. I'm not sure if you would call that a spoiler but I don't care. I love the game and I will be playing Portal 2 for a very, very long time. In three words, Portal 2 "was a triumph!" Expand
  89. Apr 20, 2011
    A sequel greater than its predecessor. Great visuals. Great dialogue. Great gameplay. Online co-op is addicting.

It's totally worth your money to go pick this game up today. Pick up the PS3 version and get the PC version through Steam for free. Steam and PSN integration is hopefully something we see more PlayStation games go to.
  90. Apr 20, 2011
    nikmaster gives the game a 0 rating and yet he actually says, "the game is good," "A+ quality puzzle." WTF? I think I'm lost.

So, nikmaster, sorry to stick to your review it just really perturbed me, you purchased a puzzle game with "A+ quality puzzle" (you said puzzle rather than puzzles not me) and gave the game a 0 rating based on the fact that you say it is no longer a "sandbox" game? At what point was the first Portal a "sandbox" game? Every room in that game seemed pretty confined with only one way out to me. Never did I walk into a room and decide to talk to Gay Tony about opening the door on the left rather than heading over the the right door where a local junkie needed me to score some coke from behind that door. The goal has always been (besides defeating the boss, which technically is still the same thing) to get out of the room your are in by solving a puzzle using portals. Anyway, I really like the game, I enjoyed the humor, the atmosphere can be eerie, the puzzles are fun, and co-op is a very nice addition. I switched from the Xbox version last time to the PS3 version this time (comes with a free PC download of the game which people don't seem to be mentioning) and the textures seem to be much higher res but the particle effects look like streamers rather than the firework like effect from the Xbox version I played while playing Portal 1.

I might be missing something but, I was never able to figure out how to voice chat in co-op on the PS3 version of the game, only text chat; that is not acceptable.

Great game overall; also, portal is great for getting your wife into FPS games... she can learn FPS controls while playing a puzzle game!
  91. Apr 20, 2011
    The first thing I noticed about Portal 2 was how funny it is. Well, one of the first things, anyway. The script, together with excellent voice acting (from Stephen Merchant, the superb JK Simmons, and of course Ellen McLain returning as GLaDOS) provides moments of hilarity while moving along what is otherwise a fairly dark plot. You return as Chell, the mute women from the first gameThe first thing I noticed about Portal 2 was how funny it is. Well, one of the first things, anyway. The script, together with excellent voice acting (from Stephen Merchant, the superb JK Simmons, and of course Ellen McLain returning as GLaDOS) provides moments of hilarity while moving along what is otherwise a fairly dark plot. You return as Chell, the mute women from the first game who killed GLaDOS, and are placed in a post-apocalyptic world after being drugged and unconscious for who knows how long. But none of that matters, because you are there to test Aperture Science's many inventions, including Aerial Faith Plates, Proplusion Gel, Excursion Funnels, and, of course, the Portal Gun. The new test areas seem familiar at first, as they resemble (in fact some are the same as) test rooms in the original game. Soon, however, you are placed into rooms with a huge area and new devices. What the game does really well is distinguish the feel of the different kinds of puzzles. When you are in a test chamber within rooms designed by GLaDOS, it feels like someone made sure there was a way out. However, when you go behind the scenes, you truly feel like you're improvising as you go, and there's not only one solution that someone intended you to find. There is, of course, but the difference in feeling is palpable. The campaign is short (I think I finished in 6-8 hours), but is deserving of at least two replays, and there are co-op levels as well, which add to length of the game. Interestingly, PS3, Mac, and PC owners can link up via their Steam account, which is a huge bonus. To top it all off, of course, is the story. In the original game, the story was told behind-the-scenes, relying on the player to figure it out, and that's changed this time around. Let me say that I loved the barely spoken plot in the original game, but Portal 2's story is incredible, and told without the use of cut scenes (for the most part). Rather, it is told through dialogue and other types of voice-over. I won't go into detail since the plot is part of the richness of discovery, and there's a lot to discover in Portal 2. You'll want to see it all. Expand
  92. Apr 20, 2011
    Most of these "0" score Reviews are terrible. Give some thought and constructive criticism if your going to seriously give a game a 0 out of 10. But anyways, this game is Great. It is exactly what I expected it to be. My girlfriend and I have been playing for a few hours and it really makes you use your head. puzzles are not always as hard as you might make it out to be. It might not haveMost of these "0" score Reviews are terrible. Give some thought and constructive criticism if your going to seriously give a game a 0 out of 10. But anyways, this game is Great. It is exactly what I expected it to be. My girlfriend and I have been playing for a few hours and it really makes you use your head. puzzles are not always as hard as you might make it out to be. It might not have great replay value, but I feel its worth the time it gives me. Expand
  93. Ru3
    Apr 20, 2011
    I only played portal 1 briefly, so for all intents and purposes I am a newcomer to Portal in Portal 2. But I have to say, I was riveted. Yes, I finished the entire campaign in 2 days, but that was playing for about... 5 hours each day, give or take. I took it slow. I enjoyed the dialogue, the interesting backstory and the hilarity of the voice actors.
    I wasn't even aware there was DLC. And
    I wasn't even aware there was DLC. And to that end- who cares? If you don't like DLC, DONT DOWNLOAD IT. It's cosmetic. Seriously. I don't know what people are getting so worked up about; if people don't like the fact that the DLC costs so much, then DONT BUY IT. Sheesh.
    The graphics use a dated engine, fair enough. But it's not meant to look insane with visuals. The concept is what is being promoted. The game did exactly what it was meant to do- play with physics to solve the puzzles, and make it longer than portal 1. Which it did (apparently, since Portal 1 was short as hell).

And if people didn't like the concept of shooting portals to solve puzzles, maybe they shouldn't have bought a freaking puzzle game! I am not a fanboy. I appreciate a job well done when I see it. Yes, it lasted 2 days for me, but they were two days well spent. And I'm not buying DLC- why? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO- and that DOESNT affect what I feel about the game itself.
  94. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is hands-down one of the best games I've ever played. The story is almost as much fun as the gameplay and all of the dialogue is genuinely funny. I've never played a game that made me audibly chuckle as often as this game does. I wanted to complete the puzzles so that I could hear the next bit of dialogue from all of the characters. Anybody that beat this game's single playerThis game is hands-down one of the best games I've ever played. The story is almost as much fun as the gameplay and all of the dialogue is genuinely funny. I've never played a game that made me audibly chuckle as often as this game does. I wanted to complete the puzzles so that I could hear the next bit of dialogue from all of the characters. Anybody that beat this game's single player campaign in 4 hours their first playthrough has to be some sort of supergenius speedfreak. It took me about 9 to finish, and I'm absolutely sure that time could be improved, but the game is so engaging, rich with detail, and fun to explore, I'd find myself reading many of the posters and pausing to make sure I didn't miss any dialogue. However, I still feel I spent at least 7 of those hours solving puzzles, so whether you care about the story and environs or not this game is still not as short as many people have noted. The puzzles are crafted so brilliantly by the creators that even though the solution may not be initially obvious, you always seem to find the solution, and they make you feel so smart for doing it. I really enjoyed the first Portal and the second installation took the best parts of the first and made them bigger, faster, and more exciting. What more could you ask for in a sequel?
    This is thus far my GOTY pick and if you play video games and value a good single player experience, it would be a shame not to play this game.
    I'm playing through the multiplayer now and have yet to finish it, but the puzzles are just as much fun as the single player campaign, but you absolutely must work together, so I don't recommend playing with someone you may fight with as things can get frustrating when you someone doesn't do their part or even just fires the wrong portal at the wrong time.
    All in all, I feel this game is at least a 95 out 100 for any gamer who likes to invest themselves in their games. It's a near perfect game to me if ever there was one.
  95. Apr 20, 2011
    Come on people for how long are we gonna take this crap, 60 bucks for 5 hours. The critics are also getting more unbelievable every day, and most of us get fooled by them. The game industry with its greed, and lust for domination, is crumbling more and more everyday.
  96. Apr 20, 2011
    Simply ignore the users giving it a 0 rating, the game itself is wonderful and amazing. It has a great mix of humor, action and puzzles to solve. If people must complain about the price there were numerous sites offering it for as little as 34$ (some gave away gift cards worth up to 20$). It really is far from a disappointment, so what if there is a day 1 DLC that offers new looks for yourSimply ignore the users giving it a 0 rating, the game itself is wonderful and amazing. It has a great mix of humor, action and puzzles to solve. If people must complain about the price there were numerous sites offering it for as little as 34$ (some gave away gift cards worth up to 20$). It really is far from a disappointment, so what if there is a day 1 DLC that offers new looks for your robots..isn't that the same reason a lot of people gave up on TF2 anyways? They aren't forcing anything on you, remember this. The Co-Op has been obviously one of their most cherished pieces of the game, thus majority of the trailers and videos for the game showing the new Co-Op characters and gameplay. It's a whole new game inside of a game. Don't forget they also made the game cross platform, so you can play with people on either PS3 or even the PC! (Plus the PS3 comes with a free copy of the PC version for steam, so why not?!) Expand
  97. Apr 20, 2011
    Valve has done it again , incredible game like aways. The 1st Portal was such a lovely surprise in the orange box , such a smart and innovative gameplay and Portal 2 just took this formula to another level. I really don't know how many smart people you must place together to figure out soo many ,soo different and soo smart puzzles. I think when game industry was invented many ears ago ,Valve has done it again , incredible game like aways. The 1st Portal was such a lovely surprise in the orange box , such a smart and innovative gameplay and Portal 2 just took this formula to another level. I really don't know how many smart people you must place together to figure out soo many ,soo different and soo smart puzzles. I think when game industry was invented many ears ago , the goal was just to entertain people , then games become something more , something bigger and games like War Craft , Star Craft , Half Life and Portal boost the evolution of gaming and made an example how to make FPS shooter and real time strategies. Expand
  98. Apr 20, 2011
    A true masterpiece. There is nothing to add. It is brilliant, funny, full of ideas. The two-player mode is fantastic. The graphics have a unique style. A fantastic and unique game.
  99. Apr 20, 2011
    My opinions on the game are that it is a beautifully crafted masterpiece that is worthy of it's 95 metacritic rating and that people can play and enjoy whilst also being mentally challenged to solve the puzzles provided. The witty Humour and constant one-liners from Glados, Cave Johnson and Wheatley make the game ever more fun and add hilarity into the Mix, Valve certainly know how to makeMy opinions on the game are that it is a beautifully crafted masterpiece that is worthy of it's 95 metacritic rating and that people can play and enjoy whilst also being mentally challenged to solve the puzzles provided. The witty Humour and constant one-liners from Glados, Cave Johnson and Wheatley make the game ever more fun and add hilarity into the Mix, Valve certainly know how to make you laugh.
    Overall for me this game gets a 10 and if you're strapped for cash i would go for it and it is cheaper than any other brand new game out there.
    AS well as this Everybody Talking about Day 1 DLC being bad and it's too short are wrong,. You don't need the DLC to play the game and enjoy it's just there if you want it, all it is is optional extras like hats and costumes. As well as this the Game it self lasts in the region of 12-15 hours for everything (or 17-20) if you listen to the developer commentaries as we
  100. Pep
    Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 was great. I absoluteley loved it, and enjoyed every piece of it. I would recommend this game to everyone I know, and think that spending 50 $ was worth all the money. (10.0)

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Portal 2 continues the original's model, both in terms of gameplay and humor, and reviewing it poses just as many challenges. So let's just get this out of the way right now: Portal 2 is videogame nirvana for the thinking man.
    Portal 2 is an instant classic, a driver of innovation and originality, where everything is far from settled by the law of the bullet, but within the limits of physics.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 27, 2011
    That Valve has been able to imbue so much depth to what is, at its heart, a sophisticated puzzle game proves once again it's not the genre that counts. It's the talent. Combine it with a superb physics-based game mechanic and you've got an experience that defies easy categorisation and can be recommended without reservation. [June 2011 p.67]