6.8

1. Dec 29, 2010
    Great game. it takes some time to get used to the new gameplay but after a little it feels extremely real, it really is the way to go. The only problem are the licences it needs to have more leagues and official teams to make it more interesting especially during masterleague.
  2. Dec 2, 2010
    I believe PES 2011 has come a long way to present us the authenticity of the wonderful game of football! you need to manage your team, strategize and do some team work to get to the goal. Brilliant! if you want to give the ball to your star player and run to goal, or rate a game upon its graphics, then play a different football game. This needs wit and the love of the actual game. If youI believe PES 2011 has come a long way to present us the authenticity of the wonderful game of football! you need to manage your team, strategize and do some team work to get to the goal. Brilliant! if you want to give the ball to your star player and run to goal, or rate a game upon its graphics, then play a different football game. This needs wit and the love of the actual game. If you are a true footballer, then you will definitely enjoy it. You will feel helpless while trying to master the controls, but give yourself sometime and you will enjoy it to the fullest! Good job Konami keep it up! Expand
  3. Oct 10, 2010
    It's definitely worth buying this one. The gameplay and graphics are massively improved from PES2010. If you give it a little patience and try not to let the small occasional AI glitch get to you, you'll be rewarded.
  4. Oct 9, 2010
    Simply brilliant, although very difficuilt to master. This years pro evolution represents a reallistic alternative to the real thing. The new freedom opens up new avenues and new playing styles, passing has taken on a new dimension with the measure and timing becoming instrumental to success. The new angles available on the ball allows you to use the full size of the pitch, use your teamSimply brilliant, although very difficuilt to master. This years pro evolution represents a reallistic alternative to the real thing. The new freedom opens up new avenues and new playing styles, passing has taken on a new dimension with the measure and timing becoming instrumental to success. The new angles available on the ball allows you to use the full size of the pitch, use your team mates as decoy options and increase or decrease the tempo of play. Expand
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    Best Pro Evo yet. FIFA might have done too much good work in the past few years to capture the attention of 'floating voters' but the PES faithful have been rewarded with the best iteration of their game to finally put the ghosts of the PS2 glory days to rest. The game has FINALLY evolved into a modern package worthy of any footie fan's attention. The online mode actually, properly works too.
  6. Oct 15, 2010
    Pro evolution is a football game where you can be manager of different teams it has excellent graphics. It looks so realistic there are many different menusâ
  7. Oct 25, 2010
    Excellent upgrade of a series that had been on a bit of a slide. As a bit of perspective, I got FIFA 11 on release, played it and enjoyed it for 3 weeks, especially the online aspect. But since PES 2011 arrived I have put FIFA away and can't see going back. This is an immersive gameplay experience; you have to pay careful attention to touch on your passes, and you cannot mindlessly do theExcellent upgrade of a series that had been on a bit of a slide. As a bit of perspective, I got FIFA 11 on release, played it and enjoyed it for 3 weeks, especially the online aspect. But since PES 2011 arrived I have put FIFA away and can't see going back. This is an immersive gameplay experience; you have to pay careful attention to touch on your passes, and you cannot mindlessly do the same moves over and over. The use of feints is easier and more intuitive, meaning a reasonably skilled player can incorporate this into their game on a more regular basis. Still, it's mostly about finding the right pass. The most challenging change is that the shooting system is revamped again; if you push the shoot button down for any length of time it's probably going to blaze over unless you also go for the "placed shot" option. This is a change from recent versions but is probably more realistic.

As usual PES 2011 cannot compete with FIFA in terms of quantity of teams and licenses, but a big plus from this year is the data update provided and available on release. This updates the rosters and tactics of all teams in the game. The only teams with "fake names" are 18 of the 20 Premier League teams, but they all have the right players, correctly named, and with excellent likenesses (much better and more distinctive than what you get in FIFA). It takes no more than 5 minutes to do an edit of those team names. If you do that, there's no reason to go through the rigmarole of having to download and import a patch, unless having accurate club logos and shirt sponsors is important to you, or unless you want to substitute out fictional teams for real teams (i.e. Bundesliga).

The Master League set up is still the best mode in the game, and it's a real challenge to start with the default team on the highest level and build from there. I have played a few matches online and it has been enjoyable and more or less comparable to FIFA (both are spoiled by the tendency of most people to pick Barcelona or Real Madrid rather than less dominant teams). The one advantage PES has in the online dept. is it still retains the ability to do quick chat messages with opponents in games.

Overall an excellent buy and gets my nod for soccer game most worth spending substantial time with this season.
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    PES 2011 sees a return to form of the once great franchise. Improved animations, fluidity and gameplay make this a true contender to its more commercial counterpart, FIFA 11. True, it may play a little slower, but that takes nothing away from a realistic simulation of the beautiful game. Perhaps the only area in need of another overhaul now is the Master League system, which is becomingPES 2011 sees a return to form of the once great franchise. Improved animations, fluidity and gameplay make this a true contender to its more commercial counterpart, FIFA 11. True, it may play a little slower, but that takes nothing away from a realistic simulation of the beautiful game. Perhaps the only area in need of another overhaul now is the Master League system, which is becoming increasingly more complex but ultimately lacking in the 'pick up and play' department that was so beautifully achieved in the pre next-gen versions. Expand
  9. Nov 12, 2010
    This game is the best PES in the current generation. For me that only play on line is better than the competition.
    No lag at all. It also as his flaws but at least i know that i won´t get nervous when play a football game on my ps3.
  10. Sep 30, 2011
    After a year of playing it, I'm well placed to review it! I love this utterly brilliant but frustrating game. I've now played 6 seasons with my master league team. (By comparison, I also really liked FIFA 10 but only played 2 seasons of it. I bought FIFA 11 on release day but bored within a fortnight.) I feel like a father to the younger players who I brought up through the ranks all thoseAfter a year of playing it, I'm well placed to review it! I love this utterly brilliant but frustrating game. I've now played 6 seasons with my master league team. (By comparison, I also really liked FIFA 10 but only played 2 seasons of it. I bought FIFA 11 on release day but bored within a fortnight.) I feel like a father to the younger players who I brought up through the ranks all those seasons ago. I still haven't won all the cups in the same season but will keep trying! The in games stats tell me I've scored 458 goals - I doubt any 2 would be identical.

So why is it frustrating? There is lots that could annoy a person enough to put them off this game (if they choose not to keep looking under the surface). I can actually live with minimal licences - simply download online for free - but the occasional first touch that bounces two meters off the man, the crunching fouls the ref doesn't call, the stupid striker roaming offside (largely out of my control), the times the cpu is attacking and you can't switch to control a specific defender and lastly the very rare times you press pass and it doesn't seem to register.

But you know it says a lot about the FUN in this game when I can write that many complaints and still award an 8/10 - all those things pale into insignificance when you first sign a star player and he bangs in a Champions League debut goal - FIFA 10 offered similar joy and Pro Evo 6 after that but this game is the best game since.

Now just remains to be seen how the two latest 2012 installments of the beautiful game weigh up against one another. If neither appears to advance on this game, I'll happily play a few more seasons!
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    The best soccer game !!!
    FIFA 11 & FIFA 12 & PES2012 are far to be better than PES2011.
    PES2011 is inovative (new pass management, new shoot management, game options, ...)
    The best game ever
  12. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma

1. Jan 14, 2011
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 promised a revamp and it delivered in spades.
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Jan 14, 2011