6.7

1. Oct 9, 2010
    Simply brilliant, although very difficuilt to master. This years pro evolution represents a reallistic alternative to the real thing. The new freedom opens up new avenues and new playing styles, passing has taken on a new dimension with the measure and timing becoming instrumental to success. The new angles available on the ball allows you to use the full size of the pitch, use your team mates as decoy options and increase or decrease the tempo of play. Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2010
    After many years finally PES seems to follow the right track of...evolution. It's evident that Konami got the message of the fans about the decline of the once dominant footy franchise. The result is a better game than PES 2010 but still, a game of many problems. Robotic animations, non-realistic keepers, poor refs, annoying bugs, AI glitches, still haunt the game, preventing other nice touches (better presentation, passing system & stadium editor) to really shine. PES 2011 is hopefully the start of something good for the game in the future but it plays as an arcade game rather than a simulation and in the end, falls short to the competition in almost every category. Expand
  3. Oct 9, 2010
    Rigid animations, robotic players, confusing Line-Up menu, inability of scoring goals...
    That is a huge step backward for Konami, who once again is far away behind FIFA in Football simulation.
  4. Oct 12, 2010
    It's getting harder each year to cling onto the memory of PES being the best footballing game out there... PES 2011 It's not as good as FIFA11, but If you love PES, this is the best Pro Evolution Soccer yet.
  5. Oct 10, 2010
    It's definitely worth buying this one. The gameplay and graphics are massively improved from PES2010. If you give it a little patience and try not to let the small occasional AI glitch get to you, you'll be rewarded.
  6. Dec 29, 2010
    Great game. it takes some time to get used to the new gameplay but after a little it feels extremely real, it really is the way to go. The only problem are the licences it needs to have more leagues and official teams to make it more interesting especially during masterleague.
  7. Oct 15, 2010
    Dear oh dear..what has Konami done to what was without a doubt the best football game out there?..I'll tell you what...they tinker with the game mechanics every year beacuse of the stupid policy of releasing a yearly version..so they "tweak" it to make it different and they get to a point where they break it...beacuse they cant make it any better, then they start over again ,..thats whats happened to PES and the same is now happening to FIFA . This game is awful I have been a pro evo fan since the ISS days and pro 6 was the last great version. Rigid player movement, the ball feels like it gets stuck in the mud after it travels a few yards...lack lustre sound i mean the crowd sounds are really terrible no atmosphere at all , i rekon the developers need to spend some time in the premiership listening to crowds...Awful Konami..you should be ashamed of this game. Expand
  8. Nov 7, 2010
    5/10 - It's truly a shame, because underneath the awful match engine is a great game begging to be enjoyed. I just can't bring myself to overlook the actual gameplay.

Pro Evo has been off the boil for a couple of years now, and after playing the 2011 demo I thought they had finally returned to form, but after buying a retail copy I am constantly finding myself disappointed. The shooting
    is awful, the camera angles are confusing (what the hell is wrong with a standard side-on angle?), and the whole system for selecting a new player to control is just broken. For a start there is no manual setting. It actually makes free kicks impossible defend. I positioned a guy on the goal line, and the computer kicked it directly at my guy. The game thought it would be a good idea to autoswitch me to a guy in the wall, and the player on the line decided to slide under the free kick.

Through balls either seem to go directly to feet (thus not being 'through' at all) or straight off the pitch. And the only accessible online mode is 1v1 one-off rated matches. Despite having every port open on my router, I get nothing but error messages whenever I try to play online master league or a championship.

All in all I've had the game 2 days, and never intend to play it again. I consider it a total waste of £35, and the only reason I'm giving it 5 instead of 4 is because the modes themselves are actually decent. Master League is as good as it's ever been, and the feints system makes for some genuinely unique styles among different players online.
  9. Dec 2, 2010
    I believe PES 2011 has come a long way to present us the authenticity of the wonderful game of football! you need to manage your team, strategize and do some team work to get to the goal. Brilliant! if you want to give the ball to your star player and run to goal, or rate a game upon its graphics, then play a different football game. This needs wit and the love of the actual game. If you are a true footballer, then you will definitely enjoy it. You will feel helpless while trying to master the controls, but give yourself sometime and you will enjoy it to the fullest! Good job Konami keep it up! Expand
  10. Oct 9, 2010
    This is still much weaker than Ps2 masterpieces....but in competition with previous years disasters its much better.......sound is steel just passable and graphics is just ok and we better not to talkabout licencing... but famous players faces are pretty similar and short and long passing system is very good... gameplay is a little slow but its close to reallity.
  11. Oct 11, 2010
    Best Pro Evo yet. FIFA might have done too much good work in the past few years to capture the attention of 'floating voters' but the PES faithful have been rewarded with the best iteration of their game to finally put the ghosts of the PS2 glory days to rest. The game has FINALLY evolved into a modern package worthy of any footie fan's attention. The online mode actually, properly works too.
  12. Oct 15, 2010
    Pro evolution is a football game where you can be manager of different teams it has excellent graphics. It looks so realistic there are many different menusâ
  13. Oct 25, 2010
    Excellent upgrade of a series that had been on a bit of a slide. As a bit of perspective, I got FIFA 11 on release, played it and enjoyed it for 3 weeks, especially the online aspect. But since PES 2011 arrived I have put FIFA away and can't see going back. This is an immersive gameplay experience; you have to pay careful attention to touch on your passes, and you cannot mindlessly do the same moves over and over. The use of feints is easier and more intuitive, meaning a reasonably skilled player can incorporate this into their game on a more regular basis. Still, it's mostly about finding the right pass. The most challenging change is that the shooting system is revamped again; if you push the shoot button down for any length of time it's probably going to blaze over unless you also go for the "placed shot" option. This is a change from recent versions but is probably more realistic.

As usual PES 2011 cannot compete with FIFA in terms of quantity of teams and licenses, but a big plus from this year is the data update provided and available on release. This updates the rosters and tactics of all teams in the game. The only teams with "fake names" are 18 of the 20 Premier League teams, but they all have the right players, correctly named, and with excellent likenesses (much better and more distinctive than what you get in FIFA). It takes no more than 5 minutes to do an edit of those team names. If you do that, there's no reason to go through the rigmarole of having to download and import a patch, unless having accurate club logos and shirt sponsors is important to you, or unless you want to substitute out fictional teams for real teams (i.e. Bundesliga).

The Master League set up is still the best mode in the game, and it's a real challenge to start with the default team on the highest level and build from there. I have played a few matches online and it has been enjoyable and more or less comparable to FIFA (both are spoiled by the tendency of most people to pick Barcelona or Real Madrid rather than less dominant teams). The one advantage PES has in the online dept. is it still retains the ability to do quick chat messages with opponents in games.

Overall an excellent buy and gets my nod for soccer game most worth spending substantial time with this season.
  14. Oct 27, 2010
    PES 2011 sees a return to form of the once great franchise. Improved animations, fluidity and gameplay make this a true contender to its more commercial counterpart, FIFA 11. True, it may play a little slower, but that takes nothing away from a realistic simulation of the beautiful game. Perhaps the only area in need of another overhaul now is the Master League system, which is becoming increasingly more complex but ultimately lacking in the 'pick up and play' department that was so beautifully achieved in the pre next-gen versions. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2010
    This game is the best PES in the current generation. For me that only play on line is better than the competition.
    No lag at all. It also as his flaws but at least i know that i won´t get nervous when play a football game on my ps3.
  16. Jan 12, 2011
    Having played both Fifa 11 and PES 11, i find this year's installment of PES to be a significantly improved game compared to last year's. I still find the fifa series more realistic, everything about it seems like real football (soccer) , as with pes, the way players move seem very robotic and awkward, the ball physics aren't quite right and half the players in the game don't looks anything like there real life counterparts. All in all, its a decent football game that is fun for a while but im afraid fifa is still the better of the two. Expand
  17. Jul 31, 2011
    I was disappointed for this game. I am a huge fifa gamer and ditch pes for fifa everytime. but i pick this game as i heard about good reviews for this pes2011. you know what. don't trust the reviews . It is bad. I dislike the the passing,shooting although the crosses is outrageously interesting. However, it is still playable and champions league campaign is decent. Still, whatever it is, I am going to stick to fifa from now happens...Fifa the better game Expand
  18. Mar 22, 2011
    What has happened to PES? The jump from PS2 to PS3 seems to have taken the series backwards rather than forwards! On the PS2 PES dominated the war between themselves and FIFA. Year in, year out. But now, PES has been left adrift as FIFA continues to dominate proceedings. There is good news. This years PES is a considerable improvement on last years appalling outing. They have listened and they have addressed some of the issues but the fact is PES still has a long way to go if they are to win back their crown. The fact is for all the positives (Player likeness, smooth passing system and a fresh editing system) the negatives continue to hinder any significant progress. PES still has poor referees, dodgy goalkeepers, terrible AI glitches, sluggish animations and just abysmal commentary that doesn't interlink with whats going on. Combined with the fact that it takes so long to master, its a losing battle and its a shame because its preventing PES from challenging because as things stand right now FIFA have their hands firmly grasped round the trophy, are dominating procedures and are showing no signs of letting go. Expand
  19. Apr 11, 2011
    Overall, a weak game with the same basic problems. When in possession with an AMC, your strikers will rarely make any runs at all. FIFA fixed this with L1/LB to force a run, but PES still lacks this. When at the side of the box ready to cross, your strikers will not get to the penalty area, instead, they stand on the edge of the box. Sometimes they will even run backwards when they are in a good position.

When you do a low cross to your strikers, and it heads straight to their feet for a tap-in, the cursor often won't select them, so they just watch it go past, even when you're pressing shoot. When closing down with X, your player will often not even attempt a tackle and just let a player run past them.

None of your players are able to control the ball quickly, or do anything with any finesse. It's very clunky and slow.

The classic "Wide" camera view has a terrible swing to it, which is unadjustable like in previous PES's, and there are no good replay cameras. None of them give you the freedom to create your own angles/zooms like in FIFA and earlier PES's. Making subs and choosing a team lineup is a nightmare. It gives you a PC-style arrow to guide around, and you have to press L1/R1 just to see what positions they play in, which hides the circle which shows if they make the bench or not, and comparing players requires a press of Triangle, and you can't flick quickly to other players. It always changes up your substitutes, forcing a GK in, so you have to adjust it every time. PES is not a simulation of football like FIFA tries to be. It is a seperate entity all of its own. If you treat it as such, there are parts you will enjoy.â
  20. Apr 29, 2011
    I don't care what 'renowned' critics say! The bare fact is that this game sucks and it's definitely one of the worst (if not the worst) entries in the series! Those who say otherwise are either fools or paid to do so! Chriscolman, mike1586, arziankorpen and the rest of the KONAMI employees below who awarded 10s to this game are just trying to make people buy their lame product using the oldest trick in the book! No one in the right mind could rate this game with 10 or even 9! Expand
  21. Sep 30, 2011
    After a year of playing it, I'm well placed to review it! I love this utterly brilliant but frustrating game. I've now played 6 seasons with my master league team. (By comparison, I also really liked FIFA 10 but only played 2 seasons of it. I bought FIFA 11 on release day but bored within a fortnight.) I feel like a father to the younger players who I brought up through the ranks all those seasons ago. I still haven't won all the cups in the same season but will keep trying! The in games stats tell me I've scored 458 goals - I doubt any 2 would be identical.

So why is it frustrating? There is lots that could annoy a person enough to put them off this game (if they choose not to keep looking under the surface). I can actually live with minimal licences - simply download online for free - but the occasional first touch that bounces two meters off the man, the crunching fouls the ref doesn't call, the stupid striker roaming offside (largely out of my control), the times the cpu is attacking and you can't switch to control a specific defender and lastly the very rare times you press pass and it doesn't seem to register.

But you know it says a lot about the FUN in this game when I can write that many complaints and still award an 8/10 - all those things pale into insignificance when you first sign a star player and he bangs in a Champions League debut goal - FIFA 10 offered similar joy and Pro Evo 6 after that but this game is the best game since.

Now just remains to be seen how the two latest 2012 installments of the beautiful game weigh up against one another. If neither appears to advance on this game, I'll happily play a few more seasons!
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    The best soccer game !!!
    FIFA 11 & FIFA 12 & PES2012 are far to be better than PES2011.
    PES2011 is inovative (new pass management, new shoot management, game options, ...)
    The best game ever
  23. Mar 19, 2012
    It's almost impossible to shoot a penalty, the keepers can get some impossible balls, the menu is confusing, there is still a lot of teams missing on Libertadores Cup and some missing Leagues too... The Game Engine is good, the AI is harder, the graphics keep improving each year and the controls got better. Still a Must-Have game only because the FIFA franchise is the only competitor in the market and it sucks. Expand
  24. Sep 20, 2013
    PES 11 is problably the worst soccer game that I had played. I wouldn't recommend it to you unless if you are a PES lover. In other way... avoids it!!
  25. Nov 19, 2013
    Un año mas Pro Evolution Soccer se queda por detrás de Fifa...y sin ser tan vistoso como en las consolas de la ps2, una lastima, porque su prometía mas que el 2010, aun así, corrigieron muchos fallos del juego, lo mejoraron bastante, Konami iba por buen camino, poco a poco se van integrando bien en ps3, pero a este paso...lograran asentarse con un PES decente cuando salga la siguiente generación.... Expand
  26. Oct 25, 2010

1. Jan 14, 2011
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 promised a revamp and it delivered in spades.
  2. "Quotation Forthcoming"