Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Oct 26, 2012
    I'll be honest, I initially bought this game over Fifa 13 because a). I liked the demo and b). I fancied a change from Fifa's claustrophobic playing area. I was so wrong ... and this is why. Pes is fine in single player. The Champions league complete with official licence is actually entertaining. Most of my time is spent playing online though and unfortunately this is what lets PESI'll be honest, I initially bought this game over Fifa 13 because a). I liked the demo and b). I fancied a change from Fifa's claustrophobic playing area. I was so wrong ... and this is why. Pes is fine in single player. The Champions league complete with official licence is actually entertaining. Most of my time is spent playing online though and unfortunately this is what lets PES down. I really tried to like it, I was always a PES man in days gone by but it has remained deeply rooted in the past. PES is so erratic that it exceeds being frustrating. Imagine controlling a game for 85 minutes with a deserved victory in grasp only to concede two goals in five minutes because of a flawed control or A.I. system. I regularly came across this problem online ... suffice to say, the controller flew across the room several times, the dog covered his ears as I unloaded a tirade of expletives at the screen and the game disc ... after only 2 weeks of play went back to the shop to be traded for something less frustrating and more enjoyable. I considered the loss of £11 in two weeks a bargain as , had I kept PES it would have cost me a fortune to replace my 51" 3D Plasma due to Dualshockhittingthescreenitis ! So, FIFA 13 is now my game of choice, it does everyth... MOST things I want it too. I still get frustrated from time to time but at least now it is down to my lack of skill rather than dodgy A.I. or the ridiculous physics engine. I would genuinely love a brilliant PES game, I really would but until they up the quality and iron out the game breaking flaws, I'll stick to what I know delivers. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    Hi Guys, Ineed your help please, how can replace my online player, I need to have a new team from Zero, can someone guide me please? I have a team but i keep on loosing matches, i need to start from the beginning again, please help
  3. Sep 28, 2012
    Sold the game today. I refuse to play Barcelona or Real Madrid mirror matches and I'm tired of playing against them online. 2 Hours streight and nothing but Ronaldo or Messi.

The worst ONLINE experience ever! This game is totally unbalanced next to that! The AI makes the dumbest decisions ever! Just because my attacking style is wide doesn't mean every pass I make has to go wide by default!! Or passing to the player in the worst position. I rather play manual, I've tried playing manual only, but that's not done online with rank matches and against assisted Barca or Real players.

It's not 360 play when sprinting. When sprinting it's scary to go in an angle because somehow the player goes 45 degrees and looses momentum unless your're playing Ronaldo or Messi. Collisions with own teammates look ridicolous. Players still walking the ball over the sideline. The keeper dives to every ball in the 16 and needs to much time to get up. There goes your counter attack. The CPU are not dynamic, they don't allways run along the sideline while Konami says they do. No matter what tactical settings I use You just have to play with Real Madrid or Barca to really see every dynamic working. Online is laggy, input lag is worse. Takes forever to get something executed. I do a sliding and years laters it's executed. AI does nothing when a pass goes neer their feet. Oh yeah, just shoot the ball forward towards the middle of the defence and somehow your defence is wide open for Benzema, Ronaldo or Messi. And When I win a justle with Zlatan I still get overtaken. Zlatan!? Come on Konami!

Online lobby sucks. Why can't I create a game or kick out every Barca or Real players or choose who I play against? I'm not even going to mention the communication establishing times.

What have you been doing for 13 years? I expected the perfect football game years ago for online play. Maybe they should not be doing this anymore?

1. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    With an improved player AI, you'll be able to pull off some great attacking raids. [Jan 2013, p.77]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2012
    A mixed bag: mostly entertaining, yet still a bit frustrating experience. Slowed down tempo, refined attacking AI and new defending controls are welcomed additions. However, Konami should forget the dribbling controls and keep on improving passing, AI and physics engine. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    PES 2013 is a very respectable soccer game that maintains its excellence on the field but unfortunately fall further behind in the bells and whistles department making it a distant runner-up in this year's battle for soccer supremacy.