Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 PlayStation 3

6.7

1. Oct 26, 2012
    I'll be honest, I initially bought this game over Fifa 13 because a). I liked the demo and b). I fancied a change from Fifa's claustrophobic playing area. I was so wrong ... and this is why. Pes is fine in single player. The Champions league complete with official licence is actually entertaining. Most of my time is spent playing online though and unfortunately this is what lets PESI'll be honest, I initially bought this game over Fifa 13 because a). I liked the demo and b). I fancied a change from Fifa's claustrophobic playing area. I was so wrong ... and this is why. Pes is fine in single player. The Champions league complete with official licence is actually entertaining. Most of my time is spent playing online though and unfortunately this is what lets PES down. I really tried to like it, I was always a PES man in days gone by but it has remained deeply rooted in the past. PES is so erratic that it exceeds being frustrating. Imagine controlling a game for 85 minutes with a deserved victory in grasp only to concede two goals in five minutes because of a flawed control or A.I. system. I regularly came across this problem online ... suffice to say, the controller flew across the room several times, the dog covered his ears as I unloaded a tirade of expletives at the screen and the game disc ... after only 2 weeks of play went back to the shop to be traded for something less frustrating and more enjoyable. I considered the loss of £11 in two weeks a bargain as , had I kept PES it would have cost me a fortune to replace my 51" 3D Plasma due to Dualshockhittingthescreenitis ! So, FIFA 13 is now my game of choice, it does everyth... MOST things I want it too. I still get frustrated from time to time but at least now it is down to my lack of skill rather than dodgy A.I. or the ridiculous physics engine. I would genuinely love a brilliant PES game, I really would but until they up the quality and iron out the game breaking flaws, I'll stick to what I know delivers. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    Hi Guys, Ineed your help please, how can replace my online player, I need to have a new team from Zero, can someone guide me please? I have a team but i keep on loosing matches, i need to start from the beginning again, please help
  3. Sep 26, 2012
    I've always been a PES-fan, but due to terrible gameplay I had to switch to fifa for a couple of years, hoping for another great PES like the last on PS2. I'm mainly an online player; so this is based upon the online experience (master league). I had high hopes and the begin was good. But after a couple of matches, you see where Konami dropped the ball. Every match goes by the sameI've always been a PES-fan, but due to terrible gameplay I had to switch to fifa for a couple of years, hoping for another great PES like the last on PS2. I'm mainly an online player; so this is based upon the online experience (master league). I had high hopes and the begin was good. But after a couple of matches, you see where Konami dropped the ball. Every match goes by the same stereotypic sort of gameplay. Fast forwards and superbly placed throughpasses, even from defence, spot on on the fast forward who can run unthreated to the goal. After a while it gets very tedious and frustrating.
    offline might be good, but online was not developed very well. Too bad...

1. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    With an improved player AI, you'll be able to pull off some great attacking raids. [Jan 2013, p.77]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2012
    A mixed bag: mostly entertaining, yet still a bit frustrating experience. Slowed down tempo, refined attacking AI and new defending controls are welcomed additions. However, Konami should forget the dribbling controls and keep on improving passing, AI and physics engine. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    PES 2013 is a very respectable soccer game that maintains its excellence on the field but unfortunately fall further behind in the bells and whistles department making it a distant runner-up in this year's battle for soccer supremacy.