4.9

1. Aug 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As most have said this is a bizarre game, but to me in a good way. What most don't understand though is its mysterious. Like when you climb a mountain and find the demonic-like statues in a circle or the awesome rune stone circle at night that speeds up the timeframe and transports you to another world. If you stand still long enough you can start to float all the way up into the sky. I want to know if there's more here, I get a strange sense of wonder and adventure. Sometimes I even get that spooky child-like feeling of "is there something behind me?" or when my controller vibrates for some unknown reason even when I never bump into anything. I loved it, its great for those who want to just let go for a minute. Expand

1. Feb 8, 2015
    Proteus gives a very particular sensory experience. Even if it's virtual, it won't be hard to forget it. After turning on the screen we won't be able to feel nothing but melancholy.
  2. Nov 26, 2014
    It becomes like a dream, and when it concludes, players will wake up refreshed. They will not be able to perfectly describe what they've just experienced, but the feeling and memories will linger.
  3. Aug 20, 2014
    Proteus is an interesting curiosity, but it doesn't have enough variety to be at the same level of those indies the players really want. Enjoyable for a few hours, and with some interesting details once the night comes.