Prototype PlayStation 3

7.7

1. MikeS
    Jun 23, 2009
    Fantastic game. The only thing I am going to say is to those considering playing this game, read the good user reviews and then the bad ones. Doesn't it seem like the people who knock the game the most seem to base their evidence on vicious rhetoric or a matter of taste? Also, a game being "too hard" should never be a knock, ever. If its too hard then you need to practice, my friend. Fantastic game. The only thing I am going to say is to those considering playing this game, read the good user reviews and then the bad ones. Doesn't it seem like the people who knock the game the most seem to base their evidence on vicious rhetoric or a matter of taste? Also, a game being "too hard" should never be a knock, ever. If its too hard then you need to practice, my friend. Incredibly rewarding game that is worth the price of admission Expand
  2. BryceS.
    Jun 10, 2009
    This game to me is all around satisfying and has alot to offer and keeps players coming back for more. It is true a few things could have been improved upon, but for such a huge sandbox game and being one of the first of its kind I give it props. If a player had to choose between this and Infamous I would say go with this because of the fast paced action, and all around because it has This game to me is all around satisfying and has alot to offer and keeps players coming back for more. It is true a few things could have been improved upon, but for such a huge sandbox game and being one of the first of its kind I give it props. If a player had to choose between this and Infamous I would say go with this because of the fast paced action, and all around because it has much more to offer. Expand
  3. Thatperson
    Jul 11, 2009
    Errr, This game is...pretty good actually. You get to go everywhere, it's almost constant action, and you get flat out awesome powers (he he heh...). Had a rough day? Go boot this up. After sliding on some dead bodies and turning your enemies into little puddles of gore, I think this may be fun for you. If you want a story, however, You'll be disappointed. It's rather Errr, This game is...pretty good actually. You get to go everywhere, it's almost constant action, and you get flat out awesome powers (he he heh...). Had a rough day? Go boot this up. After sliding on some dead bodies and turning your enemies into little puddles of gore, I think this may be fun for you. If you want a story, however, You'll be disappointed. It's rather lackluster in comparison to the gameplay. The graphics are also dumbed down due to the massive amount of action on-screen. But despite this, you have to admit, you can be freakin' kickass. So if you want to do something awesome, remember: In this game, you can karate kick a helicopter, and win. Expand
  4. AdamB.
    Jun 18, 2009
    A real fun game. Any flaws can be easily overlooked because of the sheer mayhem, power, and crazy fun it is to play one powerful dark anti-hero. The only people who I can see having a problem with this are graphics-junkies, casual gamers, and people who can't quite ever get used to the controls. A great game: go get it!
  5. KasperM.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Haven't had this much fun in a single-player game for a long time. A big thumbs up from me, only thing I didn't like was being able to just run around up and down buildings etc etc without anyone getting suspicious unless you had any sort of weapon out (even within military bases).
    Jun 10, 2009
    Amazing story unique gameplay mechanics overall best game of the summer.
  7. GamerPro
    Jun 30, 2009
    A lot of people and game critics are correct, it's one of those games where you have to do the same thing over and over again and the missions do get fairly boring. HOWEVER i still love it. Its like GTA 5 in a Resident Evil world but with a badass monster/virus guy who looks like a modern day Altair but has awesome powers, weapons, moves and upgrades like God of War. A blend of 4 of A lot of people and game critics are correct, it's one of those games where you have to do the same thing over and over again and the missions do get fairly boring. HOWEVER i still love it. Its like GTA 5 in a Resident Evil world but with a badass monster/virus guy who looks like a modern day Altair but has awesome powers, weapons, moves and upgrades like God of War. A blend of 4 of the best games ever. Its a must have game definitely if your a real gamer. Expand
  8. RobertS.
    Jun 9, 2009
    The game is incredibly fun, addicting and mind-blowingly action-packed.
  9. KP
    Jun 9, 2009
    Brilliant game, fun, makes you feel strong, storyline nice. I love surfing with people then throwing them at cars(Doesn't everyone). The only problem that kept me from giving this the ten is that there was no co-op. I think it would be pretty sweet if they wouldn't have cut it, though I guess having it now has its perks.
  10. DaleC.
    Jun 9, 2009
    It is hard to define a game that you have desired on a subconscious level but could never yourself define. Prototype embodies the game I never knew I have always needed. Never has such power been displayed in a game. Some movies have chased it, some music echoes it, but Prototype defines what is like to be all powerful and not the least bit apologetic about igniting that power all over It is hard to define a game that you have desired on a subconscious level but could never yourself define. Prototype embodies the game I never knew I have always needed. Never has such power been displayed in a game. Some movies have chased it, some music echoes it, but Prototype defines what is like to be all powerful and not the least bit apologetic about igniting that power all over the streets of a virtual New York City . Kudos Radical entertainment Kudos. Expand
  11. MarkVandenB.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Shapeshifting. Brutal combat. Stealth. The Patsy... awesome game!
  12. EthanC.
    Jun 11, 2009
    The reality of it is that this game is Crackdown on crack. Except everything is more realistic, the screaming and horrified bystanders just make me all tingly inside.
  13. GregW.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Great game. It will inevitably be compared to inFamous, which is unfair to both games, as they're pretty different. inFamous is more of a "shooter," and Prototype is a brawler. inFamous has better graphics, but Prototype is overall a much more entertaining game.
  14. EvanB.
    Jun 11, 2009
    I do not know how 1UP and such gave this game such mediocore reviews. Why do they complain about the controls? The controls are mostly flawless and easy to use in my opinion. Are they just bad at the game? This is the funnest sandbox I've ever played! All the cool abilities never get old, The missions are very fun so far, and the free-roaming is at its best. I recommend it to anyone.
  15. KyleH.
    Jun 11, 2009
    This is a great game. The controls for locomotion are a bit shakey at first, but once you get them down it's off to the races. The powers are amazing, even if there are one or two that I will probably never use. It's a sick game, and really fun.
  16. WizosB.
    Jun 10, 2009
    The great control system + massive ammount of upgradeable power + gore as far as the eye can see makes prototype a must get. This is the type of game I've been waiting for on the next gen consoles a classic GTA style with loads of action content. This game really puts the POWER at your finger tips.
  17. JohnP.
    Jun 10, 2009
    it is a very good game.it have very good graphics and a perfect gameplay and the scenario is very good.
  18. willh
    Jun 12, 2009
    This game is amazing. running up walls, jumping from building to building, using civilians as surfboards. this game has everything and is a strong contender for game of the year.
  19. DanteM.
    Jun 14, 2009
    This is by far the best game i have played all year.And yes I have played inFAMOUS in my opinion [PROTOTYPE] surpasses it by far in terms of gameplay, sounds, the upgrading system, and the powers... oh the powers creates such an interesting and diverse experience. The story is very in depth and the web of intrigue is a very unique way to present the story. Not similar to me in anyway to This is by far the best game i have played all year.And yes I have played inFAMOUS in my opinion [PROTOTYPE] surpasses it by far in terms of gameplay, sounds, the upgrading system, and the powers... oh the powers creates such an interesting and diverse experience. The story is very in depth and the web of intrigue is a very unique way to present the story. Not similar to me in anyway to hulk UD, assassin's creed , or GTA IV. Expand
  20. NakettiS.
    Jun 26, 2009
    I don't understand on what drugs or personal vendetta some of the official reviews have been on. The game is amazing. The freedom and easy of moving and doing what you want to do in a Sandbox New York is unbelievable. I have always wanted to experience being a half god in a crowded city and this is the first deliverance of that for me. Technologically excellent game. The plot is I don't understand on what drugs or personal vendetta some of the official reviews have been on. The game is amazing. The freedom and easy of moving and doing what you want to do in a Sandbox New York is unbelievable. I have always wanted to experience being a half god in a crowded city and this is the first deliverance of that for me. Technologically excellent game. The plot is beautifully executed but could be more interesting. Awesome game, though. Expand
  21. AlexW.
    Jun 9, 2009
    Definitely a good game; target system took me a minute to get used to but other than that it is very good.
  22. AlS
    Jun 14, 2009
    It's true the graphics aren't superb, but I could care less when I'm having so much fun causing unlimited mayhem. Every time I get a new mission it's easy to get sidetracked for an hour just roaming around the city. This game is a 10 on the pure fun scale.
  23. LewisW
    Jul 16, 2009
    Great game, a few things let it down though. The storyline isnt that good, and the game can get frustrating at times. But the powers are fantastic, and running around and jumping up buildings and cut people in half is very satisfying!
  24. CameronD.
    Aug 12, 2009
    This game is absolutely fantastic. The first time I played I was completely blown with Alex's abilities and powers. This game is by far the best on the ps3 at the moment by far.
  25. Mar 16, 2011
    This game has lackluster graphics, a disgustingly put together story, TERRIBLE voice acting (save for Mercer, who's gritty-ish voice fit his character), and worst of all, lame missions. Then again, I don't care, I have spent the last 45 minutes of my day running over civilians in a tank... that I am holding. This game is about mindless bloodshed and mass murder, and I love it. I loveThis game has lackluster graphics, a disgustingly put together story, TERRIBLE voice acting (save for Mercer, who's gritty-ish voice fit his character), and worst of all, lame missions. Then again, I don't care, I have spent the last 45 minutes of my day running over civilians in a tank... that I am holding. This game is about mindless bloodshed and mass murder, and I love it. I love getting that achievement for killing 53,956 infected, I love the final 2 missions: one of mass murder/chasing/yelling, the other of an epic boss fight that took me days to beat. I love just running around in the vast city, hijacking helicopters. Lastly, Alex Mercer. He looks cool, sounds cool, and does cool things. He is freaking cool. He's a murder, a monster, a terrorist. He's something less than human.. but also something more. He, like this game, has flaws, but kicks ass. I recommend a rental at least if you want to de-stress in the form of omnicide. Expand
  26. R.M.
    Jun 10, 2009
    Prototype spanks Infamous like it's a little bitch! No doubt to anyone on the fence about which game to pick up, cross my heart, Prototype is a lot more fun! Infamous looks cool, but from this gamer the compliments stop there. It's boring!! Prototype on the other hand is balls out crazy fun GTA style with sweeter powers! Ahh!! It's Awesome!!!
  27. Jul 2, 2011
    I thought this was one of the best games I've played in a long time. There is something about defying gravity... I did not see any of the negatives others spoke about. I found the accuracy spot on and I didn't feel the graphics suffered whatsoever. Movement was smooth and natural. The ability to go anywhere in the city in 3D is so much better than those games where they lead you by theI thought this was one of the best games I've played in a long time. There is something about defying gravity... I did not see any of the negatives others spoke about. I found the accuracy spot on and I didn't feel the graphics suffered whatsoever. Movement was smooth and natural. The ability to go anywhere in the city in 3D is so much better than those games where they lead you by the one way maze. I highly recommend it. Expand
  28. Kevin
    Mar 25, 2008
    extreme combat is exellent. outstanding gameplay and is very fun.cool story.graphics need more work.maps need more detail.
  29. AndrewL.
    Jun 11, 2009
    Prototype is an endless source of random carnage with the most unreal level of satisfaction. While chopping things to bits has lost its charm over the years, there is no stopping you losing that sinister smile on your face when you whip out the claws and start hacking. Or leaping from building to building carrying a car, only to throw it full strength at a helicopter. It's hard to Prototype is an endless source of random carnage with the most unreal level of satisfaction. While chopping things to bits has lost its charm over the years, there is no stopping you losing that sinister smile on your face when you whip out the claws and start hacking. Or leaping from building to building carrying a car, only to throw it full strength at a helicopter. It's hard to turn the game off once starting. The story is so great that as you slowly, slowly get more hints towards Alex Mercer's origin and that extra step to his revenge, you're in suspense. With countless sandbox items to add to gameplay like 'events' (my favourite is the building jumping ones) that aren't there just for PS3 Trophies and more fun, they actually pay off with EP (evolution points). The more EP the more upgrades you can afford, and it goes without saying, the more upgraded your powers are the more devastating your attacks are, theyve perfected this RPG style in that there are significant changes between level 1 moves and level 2. While flaws in graphics are there, especially during in-game cinematics, you have to forgive the game for such impeccable, long-lasting gameplay. New York City is monstrously huge, crossing one part of town to the next to see the effects of the Infected is a spectacle. Especially while you glide across the skyline with a strike team and horde of creatures on your tail. It is a necessity for any gamers collection, without a doubt. 10/10 Expand
  30. JesseH.
    Jun 14, 2009
    This game is absolutely fantastic. I was completely hooked the moment I started the game and have been playing it almost non-stop since it came out. Lived up to several years of hype from me, back from when it was announced.

1. PSW Magazine UK
    Still, you won't ever have played a sandbox game that creates so much carnage and offers so many ways to play.
    I suspect that some people will find their enthusiasm drained more than mine by the shallow enemy gene pool, but even they're bound to get swept away by the myriad pleasures of tearing up town as a ghoulish and preternaturally fleet-footed shape-shifter.
  3. Prototype is one of the best games to release this generation and is definitely the best game to drop in 2009 (so far). Outside of the lackluster stealth and disguising mechanic, the brutal combat, huge open-world, varied challenges, and utterly satisfying gameplay makes this a must-have title for any serious gamer's collection. Get ready to put your life on hold!