• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 10, 2013
8.4

1. Jan 5, 2014
    This game is clearly reusing the Little Big Planet game engine, which if you've played you will know has horribly floaty physics and stodgy controls which makes for a very unsatisfying platforming experience. To some extent LBP got away with this because that game gave the players an almost unlimited amount of creativity in the level editor. Puppeteer has no level editor and so I have toThis game is clearly reusing the Little Big Planet game engine, which if you've played you will know has horribly floaty physics and stodgy controls which makes for a very unsatisfying platforming experience. To some extent LBP got away with this because that game gave the players an almost unlimited amount of creativity in the level editor. Puppeteer has no level editor and so I have to judge it on it's own merits which are few.

Now the thing that attracted me to this game was the highly original concept of the game being presented as a an interactive puppet show. Presentation wise everything is fine, music, art style, well the graphics aren't the best there a bit dark and gloomy but still alright. However the last time I checked it was the gameplay that was the most important thing and it's just not good enough.

It plays just like a series of Little Big Planet levels except with horrendously long interruptions from cut scenes and the games narrator who never shuts up. Boss fights all play out the same and finish with a lazy quick time event. Power ups are none existent, you instead collect heads which are supposed to have powers but you can only use them at a specific part of the level and confusingly the game always seems to give you the wrong head.

The script is supposed to be funny but I don't think I cracked a smile once. The characters in this game never shut up even when your trying to concentrate on what your doing they just go on and on giving you more information about the story which you stopped caring about a long time ago.
  2. Jun 7, 2014
    If you're looking for one of those "kiddie" platformers, play Puppeteer. Otherwise, stay away.

If you are, like me, on a quest looking for a more adultish platformer that you can love both the gameplay and the plot (Brothers maybe?) it's not there.
  3. Nov 2, 2013
    Nice idea and trailers made me look forward for this game. Unfortunately, stiff controls, low framerate, and most of all the terrible writing (the narration and dialogs are really stupid) make this game annoying and boring. If that wasn't enough, the mentioned narration is even more boring by being toooo daaaamn sloooow! And it tries way too hard to be funny (did I mention it's stupid?)Nice idea and trailers made me look forward for this game. Unfortunately, stiff controls, low framerate, and most of all the terrible writing (the narration and dialogs are really stupid) make this game annoying and boring. If that wasn't enough, the mentioned narration is even more boring by being toooo daaaamn sloooow! And it tries way too hard to be funny (did I mention it's stupid?) and most of the voice acting is ridiculous and annoying too (like the Sheep, but that's just one of many!). What the hell, how could they have such a beautiful idea for a game and make such crap? I want my money back! Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Puppeteer is an original platform game filled with creativity and charm. The games surprises are constant and the boss battles nothing short of brilliant. Unfortunately the controls are somewhat unresponsive and the pacing a bit uneven. But in all it’s still a more than successful and confident platform adventure. Especially in multiplayer.
  2. Nov 28, 2013
    The sentence, "Board that means the world" takes a true meaning in the case of Puppeteer. This platformer takes place on the stage in a puppet theatre. Awesome style completes its solid gameplay that becomes stronger and stronger.
  3. Oct 23, 2013