Pure PlayStation 3

7.6

1. ChrisC.
    Oct 7, 2008
    The driving aspect is fast and fluid, but the emphasis on inane tricks everytime you are in the air seems to be a pointless combination of 2 different games.
  2. JamesA.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Pure is an exhilarating thrill ride from start to finish. It feels new and different to all the other racers out there with its blend of tricks and racing. It's easy to get into but hard to master.
  3. JonathanChamberlain
    Jun 9, 2009
    If motorstorm was the answer to all head banging petrol heads dreams, then pure is the cherry on their sugar dusted fairy cake! The handling is tight. You feel like the bike is yours to control. The way it slides around large corners and the way you land the bike (after an insane aerial display) and watch your character fly as the front driver wheel buckles under the poor landing angle.If motorstorm was the answer to all head banging petrol heads dreams, then pure is the cherry on their sugar dusted fairy cake! The handling is tight. You feel like the bike is yours to control. The way it slides around large corners and the way you land the bike (after an insane aerial display) and watch your character fly as the front driver wheel buckles under the poor landing angle.
    The bike is the star of th show, Yeah I could ramble about the stunning vistas and the more than suitable soundtrack but the custom parts available to tweak your performance is incredible, Getting gold in every race (which is not easy after round 1) will provide you with a speed machine with the skills of Tony Hawk and the grip of unibond. This is what keps you coming back. Your search for the ultimate machine starts the moment you finish the tutorial. The only thing that holds this game back is it's steep difficulty curve. Maybe it's because I like getting most things right 1st time, Pure does not allow you to get a perfect race from round 2 and onwards (on to 10) so coming back when you have earned parts from finsihing rounds is available. This is an absolute Joy to play form start to finish. Yes so it what if it's the same game from start to finish. What racing game isn't?
    Enjoy and Appreciate Disney's adrenaline pumped land based answer to waverace/ssx
  4. JosephM.
    Mar 21, 2009
    This game is, to describe it in a few words, the Ridge Racer of the ATV offroad racing games:

- It plays like an awesome arcade. - Looks and sounds gorgeous. - Has LOTS of different vehicle customizations. - Needs you to perform a few tricks to replenish a gauge bar which you can use to boost your speed (which in this game lets you perform better tricks which in turn fill the gauge

- It plays like an awesome arcade.
    - Looks and sounds gorgeous.
    - Has LOTS of different vehicle customizations.
    - Needs you to perform a few tricks to replenish a gauge bar which you can use to boost your speed (which in this game lets you perform better tricks which in turn fill the gauge bar quickier).

If you like racing arcades and beautiful offroad places, get this game ASAP.
  5. SibiK.
    Sep 14, 2008
    I have only played the demo. And I must say, the graphics are incredible and the effects are mind blowing. I got hooked onto it the first time. I can't wait to get the full game. I find myself playing the demo over and over again. I just got myself on first place today, and wanted to find some user reviews out there. Looks like I was the first one to even write a review.
  6. IvanS.
    Sep 15, 2008
    I'm not into racing games but when i played the demo for this game on my ps3 i couldn't stop playing it. You'll really like this game even if your not a racing game player. this game is great for all give it a try u wont be disappointed.
  7. RafaelD.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Great game , a lot of fun , but its all about offroad / ATV racing.. so if you like offroad and race, this one is for you.
  8. Nov 23, 2010
    .................................................................................................................ok........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  9. Aug 30, 2011
    This game totally takes me back to the PS2 classic Freekstyle. Gigantic jumps, massive air, and intense racing! This game is by no means realistic...just the way I like it. If you like extreme stunts that aren't possible, check this game out.

Graphics = The stages look great and the backgrounds are breathtaking at times, the characters are a little bland but that's not what the game is about.

Sound = The sound effects are great, especially when you take off from a huge drop and all sounds drowned out except the wind.

Music = Wasn't too impressed with the soundtrack but it is good for racing I suppose.

Controls = Pick up and go, the tricks come gradually giving you time to learn easy to hard in that order.

Difficulty = Learning which course uses what bike may be a little challenging, because of the in depth create a bike section. Your tires play a bigger role than most realize.

Fun factor = I'm totally hooked so yeah its good, check out the demo on PSN to see how you like it.

Replay value = With the seemingly limitless bike combination's , and online sprints, races, and free roam, you could rack up alot of replay time.

Overall value = If you're into extreme over the top thrills than this is a must own for racing fans

1. The game achieves its core focus, taking you along for a thrilling ride. [Oct 2008, p.103]
    Pure delivers an outrageous, arcadey off-road racing experience with style and slickness. The controls are intuitive, the tracks are pure eye candy and the tricks are so crazy and over-the-top that you’ll find yourself gasping with glee when you land your first Lazy Girl.
  3. Pure fun, Pure entertainment, Pure eye candy – that’s what you get with this title. The game does have some small failings, but nothing totally worth mentioning. What is compelling about this title are the tracks, the air and the way the terrain will affect your ATV. This is great fun.