6.6

1. Jul 22, 2012
    Saw this game on IGN and thought I would try it. Do not buy this game before playing the demo. It is nowhere near as good as Final Fantasy Tactics so do not be fooled into buying it. It is a really good game but you will spend hours wasting your time leveling just to clear one area only to spend another hour to clear another. So unless you want to sink a lot of time into this gameSaw this game on IGN and thought I would try it. Do not buy this game before playing the demo. It is nowhere near as good as Final Fantasy Tactics so do not be fooled into buying it. It is a really good game but you will spend hours wasting your time leveling just to clear one area only to spend another hour to clear another. So unless you want to sink a lot of time into this game save your money and buy Final Fantasy Tactics. Collapse
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    A videogame RPG in the most classic sense of the word. I use the word "videogame RPG" instead of RPG because the gameplay mechanics are lifted straight out of your favorite NES RPGs. That's a great thing if you love to grind and do meaningless fetch quests. There is some fun character building and progression, but it feels like the developers read an "RPG 101" book from the 1980s. SomeA videogame RPG in the most classic sense of the word. I use the word "videogame RPG" instead of RPG because the gameplay mechanics are lifted straight out of your favorite NES RPGs. That's a great thing if you love to grind and do meaningless fetch quests. There is some fun character building and progression, but it feels like the developers read an "RPG 101" book from the 1980s. Some people will like this, some won't. I personally did not find hundreds of hours grinding, doing the same repetitive thing, over and over, to be fun.

There is not one moment in this game that is surprising. It's very safe, and the ultimate example of formulaic.
  3. May 2, 2014
    for anyone looking for a GOOD turn based strategy (tactics) RPG as I was I recommend to stay away from Rainbow Moon. The main concern here that the game relies solely on stats for the challenge. For instance character must have 20 strength to kill this enemies and unless he does no amount of tactics will allow player to progress as options are limited/non existent. This game boils down tofor anyone looking for a GOOD turn based strategy (tactics) RPG as I was I recommend to stay away from Rainbow Moon. The main concern here that the game relies solely on stats for the challenge. For instance character must have 20 strength to kill this enemies and unless he does no amount of tactics will allow player to progress as options are limited/non existent. This game boils down to press X on enemies 9999999999999999999999999999999 times while grinding for stats through gear or levels. Unless you enjoy killing uninspiring enemies that do exactly the same thing with just different amount of damage based on stats stay away from this.
    If you would like a good turn based combat go back to any disgaea/ff tactics/ tactics ogre/vagrant story/xcom/growlancer/fantasy wars and so on.
  4. Jul 22, 2012

1. Oct 27, 2012
    Rainbow Moon has simple gameplay, and a charming and colorful look. Both the look and soundtrack is very retro, and seems to be a tribute to old classics. Is you're a fan of strategic RPGs, you'll find a lot to love here. I, on the other hand, found it more of a chore.
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    Rainbow Moon is a game that I couldn't help but come away from with pleasant feelings. It's not revolutionary, but it's well-executed and knows exactly what it wants to be. There is a certain type of player out there who is going to absolutely love this game, and get hours upon hours of enjoyment out of it. The only question you have to ask yourself is if you are that kind of player. If not, at least try it out for the sweet music!
  3. Sep 24, 2012
    Despite its flaws, Rainbow Moon has a lot going for it. With an amazing levelling/combat system and solid visuals and story, there are many worse games in this genre. It is also worth mentioning the value for money here. If Rainbow Moon hooks you, it's around 200 hours of game play for the 100% and all for only £9.99 (£7.99 for Playstation Plus members). However its lack of balance and time required for completion is sure to put off some players who will not find what they are looking for on this expedition.