• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 18, 2011
6.4

1. Aug 18, 2012
    I'm not sure what they were smoking to make such a drastic change to an already fantastic series. In my opinion, Ratchet and clank All 4 one is the biggest flop of the series and it sort of brings down Insomniac's high pedigree of producing amazing games. Aside from the obvious focus on 4 player co op, the camera angle (which is not manual) is such a frustrating thing to deal with especially when you can't judge how far of a jump it is between safety and inevitable death. On top of that the A.I is simply lacking, well, Intelligence, I can't even remember how many times Clank just up and decided to do things that were completely unnecessary. Things like Clank just jumping to his death, running away or when Clank just suddenly deciding he no longer wants to be with his companion adds to the already frustrating game play of this game. Never before have I ever, (and I mean ever) just up and decided to not even pursue a Ratchet and Clank game before, after countless A.I fails, stupid plot and the unchangeable camera angle have made me not even pick this game up any more.

Thought I admire the quirky sense of humour that made this series so great, it still can't save this game from its own horrible game play mechanics, and that's why, in my opinion, it deserves a 5/10.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    this game has proven to be extremely dissapointing, i used to play ratchet and clank because i loved fighting aliens and hoards of robots but in this game it feels like a chore to play. the levels are insanely stretched out and on top of that you cant even save, i cant say how many times i turned on my ps3 to realize that it didnt save where i thought it would save {which btw felt extremely random, i never knew when it was saving or not}. next the camera..........this is completely awful countless times i fell off cliffs because the camera did not reach back or forward far enough to see what was infront of me so i would often sit there lightly tapping the control stick just so i would not fall. the weapons were BORING, where the heck are all the fun weapons that did damage and had range and were creative and intresting? wheres the disco ball that made enemies dance, or the weapons that would unleash swarms of wasps on your enemies?. the only weapons that were any use was the warmonger and the combuster, all the other weapons were either useless, too short range or not enough ammo. there was not enough selection either, weapons were all pretty much the same. finally the glitches, countless glitches riddled throughout the game where clank would get stuck or he would not follow me {of course causing the camera to freeze and not allowing me to move} and sometimes when i needed his help with a "puzzle" he would just stand there and i would sit there trying to run from point a to b in a not possible amount of time. ok i have one more thing, ok fine 2 things the first being that the game is just get from point a to b and absolutely no side quests/ other options, the fights were sometimes overwhelming and were very repetetive with no strategy or fun involved just shoot and kill. and the last thing is that this game is NOT worth $60 more like $10-$15 but since i got it as a gift means the person buying it was out $60 for a bad game. i hope this helps people who may want to buy this game not to buy it. insomniac please stick with what you know this is not COD Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    Such a bad game. Has probably the worst save system ever put in a game. Constantly bad camera angles that place cinematic feel above game play needs. Weapons are boring compared to those in previous games and enemies take too much time to kill.
  4. Gar
    Nov 23, 2011
    This game was created by interns at Insomniac games and it really shows. There is a clear lack of even the basics you expect from a game these days, maybe its because the inters lack the expirience of creating "real" games. Does the game indicate saving? NOPE, gotta play a whole world to be sure of a save game. Thats 1-1½ hours of gameplay before you can safely quit. There are clear problems with the camera offering really poor camera angles at times. No manual control either.
    Cutscenes are unskippable. At worst I've lost 1 hour of gameplay, because the game didn't save after a cutscene. Had to watch the same boring cutscene 3 times, because the game is so unpolished.
    The controls are too complicated, especially for this sort of multiplayer game. The are some spots where you need drill trough a rock, a good game would have context sensitive controls for such situations. A bad game like this has these useless tools on the WEAPON WHEEL, so you constantly accidentally select a drill in midcombat.
    There are some good weapons the game (critter striker which turns enemies in to pigs), but there is a pretty big flaw. Since the game is meant for 2-4 players, in the later even less polished parst of the game, you can run out of ammo with just 2 players. The game places some enemies so far away from you, you cant use half your weapons. We had to cordinate our attacks to focus on the same enemy and so on, with this effort we managed to get trough this part with half a clip of ammo left for one weapon. Did anyone actually playtest this game? This very same level is full of floating ice blocks that you need to jump on, then again the camera is so awful that at times you fall to your death, just because the camera hid the game between ice blocks.

Even worse when playing with just 2 players are puzzles which are meant for more players. One puzzle has you active a laser (1st player), reflect it else (2nd player) and a 3rd player to reflect it to its target. If you have just 2 players, there is a short timer for that laser. The timer could be longer, or the the button could just stay on... IF this was a GOOD game. Its not.

Pros
    + Online co-op with people outside your playlist!
    + Make you appreciate the little things in life
    + Listening to co-op partner beg for us to quit playing such a bad game
    + Critter striker (the pig weapon)
    Cons
    - Level design
    - Poor camera
    - Basic game design is very flawed
    - Everything about this game Summary: Buy Tools of Destruction and watch your friend play it, much more fun.
  5. Sep 11, 2012
    I give it a 4 for four player co-op
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    I can't believe that they have completely destroyed a game that I grew up with. I really hope they gonna do something about this. R.I.P Ratchet & Clank, 2002 - 2009.
  7. Dec 19, 2011
    I'm very disappointed with this game. I am a huge fan of Insomniac Games, having owned all of their Spyro games and every Ratchet and Clank in the franchise, and while I appreciate that this is intended to be a multi-player collaborative game, I had hoped the single player option would still be entertaining. Unfortunately, it is not. It gets very tedious stepping through all of the collaborative tasks. The game cannot be played alone, so Insomniac created an autonomous companion to assist single players, however, this "helper" does not always work. I've reached a point where I cannot progress, as my autonomous Clank won't help with a two-player challenge. Very frustrating. Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2012
    I'm a long time fan of the ratchet series and all i can say about this game is: WTQ Insomniac. They changed almost everything i loved about the series from controls and game play to the visual style and they made it childish and the humor is just down right repetitive, lame and predictive. So, in short, rather buy one of the others or the HD trilogy.
  9. Mar 12, 2013
    This game disgraces its predecessors.
  10. Jul 16, 2014
    Awful gameplay, plain characters, uninteresting story... Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is the worst game I've got to play this 2014 and it's a waste of both Insomniac developers and the Ratchet series.

1. It's hard to genuinely dislike a game like All 4 One. While it's obviously and quite severely flawed in a lot of ways, it's also possessed of a certain irreverent charm that – while derivative – is often enough to keep you playing irrespective of the fact that you're not really having a great deal of fun. [Dec 2011, p69]
    Alluring platformer of classic shape offers 4-people in cooperative mode but it is not able to reach technical finesse. Fixed cameras and boss fights are among the features that need improvement. [Dec 2011]
  3. The amount of satisfaction you can get from this new Ratchet & Clank mainly depends on your expectations. This is not a direct sequel of the Future-series, but if you are looking for a cool party game with your favorite characters, you can't go wrong with this game. [Nov 2011, p.90]