• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 18, 2011
6.5

1. Oct 18, 2011
    I think that this is an awsome game to play with a friend and although you could play by yourself if you wanted to it just isn't the same because this game was made especially for coop play and playing by yourself can cause a bit of frustration as the other charachters don't always do what you want them to but usually they understand what you want them to do most of the time but when they mess up it is usually pretty bad. as always in a ratchet &clank game the guns and gadgets are awsome the dialogue can make you burst out laughing and the cartoonish graphics ad charm with some senery that is just beutiful which you can't help but stop to admire. all in all this is a pretty good game but should probably be played with a friend and is not as good as the other games but is still worth checking out one thing that has me confounded though is why would the publishers relese this game on the same day as Arkham City it makes no sense I mean yes I love ratchet as well as many other people do but it has no hope of compeating with Arkham City it's just to popular and it will show in thier sales but once people are done with batman then they will check this game out Expand
  2. Oct 18, 2011
    The co-op on this game is a blast but its not your standard Ratchet & Clank by any means! Playing through the game with friends is the way to go as single player is fun but lacks the aspects that FTOD and FCIT had. This game is well worth the money and is a blast especially if you have kids that like to play games. This is a perfect game to bond with. All that said this would have been a fun addition to a traditional R&C experience for me as a stand alone in falls a tad behind the previous two games this generation. My advice is get the game and enjoy it for what it is, all the humor is still there as are the wild weapons just dont go into it expecting a traditional R&C experience because that it is not. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2011
    I'am very disappointed after finishing the game. The crack in time and tools of destruction were much better than this. Ok, it's co-op.. yeah great. What is with these craze for cooperations?
  4. Aug 18, 2012
    I'm not sure what they were smoking to make such a drastic change to an already fantastic series. In my opinion, Ratchet and clank All 4 one is the biggest flop of the series and it sort of brings down Insomniac's high pedigree of producing amazing games. Aside from the obvious focus on 4 player co op, the camera angle (which is not manual) is such a frustrating thing to deal with especially when you can't judge how far of a jump it is between safety and inevitable death. On top of that the A.I is simply lacking, well, Intelligence, I can't even remember how many times Clank just up and decided to do things that were completely unnecessary. Things like Clank just jumping to his death, running away or when Clank just suddenly deciding he no longer wants to be with his companion adds to the already frustrating game play of this game. Never before have I ever, (and I mean ever) just up and decided to not even pursue a Ratchet and Clank game before, after countless A.I fails, stupid plot and the unchangeable camera angle have made me not even pick this game up any more.

Thought I admire the quirky sense of humour that made this series so great, it still can't save this game from its own horrible game play mechanics, and that's why, in my opinion, it deserves a 5/10.
  5. Oct 19, 2011
    I am having a TON of fun playing this with my friends! I'm not sure why this game is getting average reviews. It defintely is more kid friendly than previous titles but it is a nice change for the franchise plus it might open up the Ratchet and Clank universe to people that may never have played one of their other single player games before. The graphics are truly beautiful and the sound and music are pretty amazing as well. The levels so far have a lot of variety and make me look forward to see what comes next. Great game to play with family and friends. Recommended!! Expand
  6. Oct 20, 2011
    Why must it always be black and white with the gaming community? Both Batman Arkham Asylum and Ratchet & Clank All4One were released on the same day; and since Batman is terrific there must apparently be a sacrifice made to the gods of cynicism, leaving a surprising number of critics and gamers alike to unfairly pronounce All4One a dud. The truth is... they both rock. Obviously Insomniac's decision to push themselves to the hilt by releasing two triple A titles virtually back to back (Resistance 3 and All4One) has led to several critical outlets reading into their schedule as a sign of blood in the water. Perhaps it's justified - lots of developers are shutting doors after being unable to produce one quality, dedicated release... so for a team like Insomniac to push out two, one after the other, it's not terribly hard to see why expectations for both titles were somewhat lowered and the buzz a bit sketchy. That said, the pleasant surprise is that both games are actually terrific. Granted, both R3 and All4One lack the extra-extra layer of polish that Insomniac fans have come to expect; the patches on Resistance at launch were telling, the in-game animations on All4One aren't quite the Pixar-quality that could be found on Ratchet's TOD or CIT, but an Insomniac game with slightly less sizzle is kind of like bad ice-cream - it's still pretty damn good. The reigning co-op platformer on the PS3 is generally considered to be Little Big Planet... but to be honest, that game has led to as many fights as it has bonding moments with friends. If you can't keep up with your co-op cohorts, you have a few seconds before you die, and your lives are limited to a collective number per checkpoint, so when your girlfriend kicks the bucket ten times and you die once, it's still game over for the both of you. How is that fun? All4One addresses these sorts of issues with an ingenious little concept of a tether that's put to use with the triangle button. If your pal is running way ahead of you, just hold the triangle button and in a flash you're sent to your partner's side. Haven't perfected the double jump? No problem; if your mate's make it across, the triangle button will take you safely to the other side. This makes All4One truly accessible for as-yet-uninitiated family members in a way that LPB could never claim.There's also plenty of bolts to collect between everyone, so when you get to a gun shop you aren't left in the cold if you're playing with a particualrly talented hoarder. Like Resident Evil 5 and Resistance 3 as well, there are also certain checkpoinjts that can only be triggered when everyone has come to the same spot and agreed to commence, so this also keeps the experience balanced for even the most inexperienced player. Still, there are great tools like the Vac-u that can be used to either help or hinder your buddies, and like most R&C games, these tools are easy to learn but difficult to master. But what makes all this tomfoolery and sabotage great is that it's never game-breaking or hatred-inducing.... you won't be forced to start at the beginning of the level or get cut entirely out of the game if someone messes with you - it's all just good-natured fun. Perhaps this is why few other games will have you adding new friends to your online list quite like All4One. Like several other users who bought All4One, many are collectively mystified as to why the reviews are so polarized - the people that love All4One think it's fantastic, and the one's who don't think it's ugly and broken. Strangely, this seems to be a hallmark for more cerebral titles like Heavy Rain and Mass Effect, so how All4One falls into this zone is a bit odd. But All4One is too busy delivering on it's promise of authentic co-op Ratchet & Clank to even bother with this silly debate. Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    If your unaware of what to expect from a Ratchet and Clank game you would want to check out *crack in time" or "tools of destruction" before you dive into this. With a colourful cast of characters it was only a matter of time before the series offered a multiplayer focused title. Unfortunately the results are mixed; where the usual trademark features are here the focus on multiplayer creates haphazard situations where the gameplay does not click. Firstly, this is a game designed for two players; any more is chaos, the only time four players is useful is the rinse and repeat mass swarm of enemy sections in the last forth of the game. This is not helped by having about 40 guns on a scroll wheel during packed combat sections on about two inches of ice. There are also issues of a somewhat forced plot; to bring the 4 characters together a bit too much repetition and no new memorable guns or levels. The timeline of the series will not be affected by this game. However to those who say this does not play like ratchet and clank; it does entirely it just doesnâ Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2011
    The co-op on this game is a blast but its not your standard Ratchet & Clank by any means! Playing through the game with friends is the way to go as single player is fun but lacks the aspects that FTOD and FCIT had. This game is well worth the money and is a blast especially if you have kids that like to play games. This is a perfect game to bond with. All that said this would have been a fun addition to a traditional R&C experience for me as a stand alone in falls a tad behind the previous two games this generation. My advice is get the game and enjoy it for what it is, all the humor is still there as are the wild weapons just dont go into it expecting a traditional R&C experience because that it is not Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2011
    this game has proven to be extremely dissapointing, i used to play ratchet and clank because i loved fighting aliens and hoards of robots but in this game it feels like a chore to play. the levels are insanely stretched out and on top of that you cant even save, i cant say how many times i turned on my ps3 to realize that it didnt save where i thought it would save {which btw felt extremely random, i never knew when it was saving or not}. next the camera..........this is completely awful countless times i fell off cliffs because the camera did not reach back or forward far enough to see what was infront of me so i would often sit there lightly tapping the control stick just so i would not fall. the weapons were BORING, where the heck are all the fun weapons that did damage and had range and were creative and intresting? wheres the disco ball that made enemies dance, or the weapons that would unleash swarms of wasps on your enemies?. the only weapons that were any use was the warmonger and the combuster, all the other weapons were either useless, too short range or not enough ammo. there was not enough selection either, weapons were all pretty much the same. finally the glitches, countless glitches riddled throughout the game where clank would get stuck or he would not follow me {of course causing the camera to freeze and not allowing me to move} and sometimes when i needed his help with a "puzzle" he would just stand there and i would sit there trying to run from point a to b in a not possible amount of time. ok i have one more thing, ok fine 2 things the first being that the game is just get from point a to b and absolutely no side quests/ other options, the fights were sometimes overwhelming and were very repetetive with no strategy or fun involved just shoot and kill. and the last thing is that this game is NOT worth $60 more like $10-$15 but since i got it as a gift means the person buying it was out $60 for a bad game. i hope this helps people who may want to buy this game not to buy it. insomniac please stick with what you know this is not COD Expand
  10. Nov 9, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One is "All 4 Fun" for both co-op and Ratchet fans. Like previous games from the Ratchet and Clank franchise, All 4 One consist the fun witty dialogue, charming cinematic sequences and a good performance of voice cast that makes you want to continue playing the game. However, the gameplay is a huge difference compared to other Ratchet games with linear level designs and a directed camera, though it works quite well for only this game. Playing Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One is all about co-op and it is a blast playing the levels with other players, whether it is online or offline. Playing alone with an A.I. is fun, though slightly annoying in some portions of the gameplay. The Clank A.I. (or Qwark if you pick Clank as your playable character) is co-operative and does his commands for the most part, though barely there are those moments where he does some dumb actions or not listening to your calls once in a while. Though All 4 One is really fun, but I have only two problems with the game itself. 1. The cutscenes in the game cannot be skipped. Picking these levels and playing them again is like playing Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc, but with multiplayer to the mix. As much as I love watching the cutscenes from all the Ratchet and Clank games, but seeing those cutscenes over and over again will make you remember the dialogue in those sequences so easily. 2. Pesky glitches and freezes can ruin your fun in rare occurrences. If you and other players are glitched in a location where you cannot escape, you pretty much have no choice but to quit the level or redo the segment again. This is something that can burn my grill. Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One may not be the best game out of the franchise, but itâ Expand
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    Such a bad game. Has probably the worst save system ever put in a game. Constantly bad camera angles that place cinematic feel above game play needs. Weapons are boring compared to those in previous games and enemies take too much time to kill.
  12. Gar
    Nov 23, 2011
    This game was created by interns at Insomniac games and it really shows. There is a clear lack of even the basics you expect from a game these days, maybe its because the inters lack the expirience of creating "real" games. Does the game indicate saving? NOPE, gotta play a whole world to be sure of a save game. Thats 1-1½ hours of gameplay before you can safely quit. There are clear problems with the camera offering really poor camera angles at times. No manual control either.
    Cutscenes are unskippable. At worst I've lost 1 hour of gameplay, because the game didn't save after a cutscene. Had to watch the same boring cutscene 3 times, because the game is so unpolished.
    The controls are too complicated, especially for this sort of multiplayer game. The are some spots where you need drill trough a rock, a good game would have context sensitive controls for such situations. A bad game like this has these useless tools on the WEAPON WHEEL, so you constantly accidentally select a drill in midcombat.
    There are some good weapons the game (critter striker which turns enemies in to pigs), but there is a pretty big flaw. Since the game is meant for 2-4 players, in the later even less polished parst of the game, you can run out of ammo with just 2 players. The game places some enemies so far away from you, you cant use half your weapons. We had to cordinate our attacks to focus on the same enemy and so on, with this effort we managed to get trough this part with half a clip of ammo left for one weapon. Did anyone actually playtest this game? This very same level is full of floating ice blocks that you need to jump on, then again the camera is so awful that at times you fall to your death, just because the camera hid the game between ice blocks.

Even worse when playing with just 2 players are puzzles which are meant for more players. One puzzle has you active a laser (1st player), reflect it else (2nd player) and a 3rd player to reflect it to its target. If you have just 2 players, there is a short timer for that laser. The timer could be longer, or the the button could just stay on... IF this was a GOOD game. Its not.

Pros
    + Online co-op with people outside your playlist!
    + Make you appreciate the little things in life
    + Listening to co-op partner beg for us to quit playing such a bad game
    + Critter striker (the pig weapon)
    Cons
    - Level design
    - Poor camera
    - Basic game design is very flawed
    - Everything about this game Summary: Buy Tools of Destruction and watch your friend play it, much more fun.
  13. May 28, 2012
    FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT WANT TO READ THE FULL REVIEW, SKIP TO BOTTOM

Why must people compare this game to A Crack In Time and Tools of Destruction. It is nothing like those games, and was not made to be anything like those games. If you can recall, there was much crying about "Oh, wouldn't it be cool if Ratchet & Clank had co-op modes". Well, Insomniac managed to address that issue.
    So, if you want a direct sequel and familiar, stand Ratchet & Clank gameplay, don't look here. However, that is to say, it is not a terrible game. Far from it. If you are only going to play it by yourself, just go for a rental. There are only 1-2 playthroughs that will actually yield fun and is around 10 hours the first time and 6-8 the second. However, if you have friends readily available (online & offline), BUY THIS GAME. It is so much fun, and even thought it cant get quite chaotic it is quite possibly the best multiplayer experience I have had since Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Party 2.

By yourself, it's not any different than the next crazed platformer/shooter. If you have friends and can manage not to take a game too seriously, pick this game up

Single Player: 6/10
    Multiplayer: 10/10
    Graphics = 8/10
    Lasting Appeal (Replay Value) = 9.5/10
    Gameplay = 9.5/10
  14. Jun 22, 2012
    From start to finish Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is another excellent edition to the series, Obtained through PS Plus for free, I can honestly say that the entire time I was playing the game I had wished I supported the developer when it came out; this purchase is worth the asking price. The 4 person co-op campaign runs great but I did find significant slowdown when running with 4 people online. I found the sweet spot to be either play with one person on solo. I thought the game while playing solo that the AI counterpart very serviceable. The weapons are a good mix of old and new and are just as fun now as before to upgrade while collecting bolts. Camera angles can be problematic now that they are fixed i place, but it seems this was necessary to off the 4 player simultaneous co-op.

My major complaint with the came comes with the checkpoint system. Although there are jump points in each area to limit travel you are forced to watch cutscene after cutscene in some locations before being able to advance. This would be fine if it was your one and only playthrough but when you need to restart chapters to farm bolts or trophies it can become annoying. Unforgivable is the fact that you need to watch the weapon introduction videos for each character you select while being unable to skip them at any point in time.

Other than those small complaints, trophies easy (4 away from platinum), game play is as fun as ever. This ride is worth the price of admission, especially if that admission cost is Free with Playstation Plus.
  15. Sep 11, 2012
    I give it a 4 for four player co-op
  16. Oct 3, 2012
    I can't believe that they have completely destroyed a game that I grew up with. I really hope they gonna do something about this. R.I.P Ratchet & Clank, 2002 - 2009.
  17. Dec 23, 2012
    It's the worst game in the series.
  18. Oct 21, 2011
    This game is made for multiplayer. It is placed in the R&C-Universe and borrows some characteristics of the main-franchise, but the game was clearly built with multiplayer coop in mind. And from this point of view, the game feels. The "professional" reviews once again show the fact, that the "reviewers" themselves are just gamers like you and me. They like some games, and others not. But the bottom line is: They are not objective in any way.

Gaming is a very subjective experience, their cant and never will be truly objective aspects.

So where is the sense in giving games an A or an F or 0 Points or 100 Points?

70 Points in one eyes, can be 90 in ones others.

It sucks, it is pissing me off.

I will remember Eurogamer's Sentence: "At the most fundamental level there's nothing tragically wrong with the game, it just displays a lack of imagination that chafes against the legacy of a series that has never been short of ideas. For a game with that sort of pedigree, average simply isn't good enough. "

When it comes down to a MW3 Review.
  19. Feb 1, 2012
    I have played all of the Ratchet & Clank games and have been a huge fan of almost all of them, it has never really bothered me that nothing much has been added or changed in each new game. So when I heard that All 4 One was going to be 4 Player Co-op game I wasn't sure how it would turn out. For me, it ended up in a mixed result, the only upsides were the variety of game play and being able to play with friends. The downsides were the bad camera angles and the screen becoming too crowded with 4 people playing, that said, it was still an enjoyable game despite these flaws. Fans of previous games, like me, probably won't be overly impressed with All 4 One, but will most likely still enjoy it, just no where near as much as previous installments in the series. If you don't set your standards too high, you'll probably enjoy it. Expand
  20. Nov 17, 2011
    Quite an underrated title. In the vein of Radical Entertainment's Crash Bandicoot games, Spyro the Dragon's The Legend of Spyro series and most Sonic the Hedgehog games from Heroes to Black Knight, Ratchet & Clank has now gotten lower reception for trying to break up it's monotony. This game has some flaws, like glitchy online play, and unskippable sequences. But the main gameplay with co-op and upgrades is a blast. The story is lackluster compared to previous titles, but does development some of the characters. There's a good amount of replayability with the Trophies, Skill Points and an in-game puzzle element, The co-op mechanics are the best part of the game, however. There's many minigames and gadget puzzles which force you to work with your team to get through, including jetpack sequences and reflecting lasers to hit specific targets. The amount of mechanics are plentiful enough to stop the game from getting boring too soon. The single-player mode is also good, and the AI side kick is more intelligent than any AI I've ever seen in a game before. This is a good, recommendable game that deserves a bit more praise than others give it credit for. Expand
  21. Dec 19, 2011
    I'm very disappointed with this game. I am a huge fan of Insomniac Games, having owned all of their Spyro games and every Ratchet and Clank in the franchise, and while I appreciate that this is intended to be a multi-player collaborative game, I had hoped the single player option would still be entertaining. Unfortunately, it is not. It gets very tedious stepping through all of the collaborative tasks. The game cannot be played alone, so Insomniac created an autonomous companion to assist single players, however, this "helper" does not always work. I've reached a point where I cannot progress, as my autonomous Clank won't help with a two-player challenge. Very frustrating. Expand
  22. Dec 23, 2011
    - Previous review supposed to be a 5- Ratchet and Clank is my favourite PS series. All the games made up until now were really really great! This one feels like a spin-off, just for multiplayers. Ok, for multiplayers is kinda fun, but I want to play it alone as a standalone Ratchet and Clank game which were always fantastically fun. You guys dropped the ball on this one. Boring and borderline silly (I love the ratchet and clank silliness, but this isn't it). Expand
  23. Feb 12, 2012
    Its a great game. The good thing about this one is that you can now play as Nefarious. Its very challenging and filled with a variety of things to destroy.
  24. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is meh, It has more flaws that positives, but is still a solid release. It's a lot of fun with friends, but glitches, a bad saving system, and unskippable long cutscenes, some which play for each character when they come in, hold this game back from slightly above averageness. The Graphics are good, but the story is stupid. Still its a lot of fun with friends.
  25. Feb 20, 2012
    Whether you're a fan of the famous duo from Sony or just a player who wants fun, Ratchet Clank: All 4 One & is a game that is very worth it. The game offers an immense amount of trophies, goals, skills and other resources that encourage the player to embark on several occasions on the same adventure. Some small errors can disrupt Yes the pace of game, but if you're playing with friends, these problems end up in endless laughter. Expand
  26. Mar 19, 2012
    Everything from R&C is here but at times it does some questionable things, the Co-op focus is not needed. The gameplay is classic, so no real problem with it. The stupid thing is that weapon upgrades must be bought and aren't very exciting nor explained what they do. We get more repeats in weapons, which is ok for the bigger games which have 30 weapons (except ACiT sigh) but this game has about ten and there's no real reason to use them at all... Story is well done and some of the best R&C has gotten, storytelling is terrible, which has stunted the whole thing. Graphics are bright and colourful and still look amazing but... Ratchet is fur-less and booble-head, Clank is too big, Qwark just looks even more weird and Neferious is purple and short. NOT GOOD. As for everything else, music is good, multiplayer is GLITCHY! And is one of the worst I've ever played. Not bad though, I still think it is worth a purchase. Expand
  27. Apr 29, 2012
    This is my first Ratchet & Clank game and after playing this I'm curious about the characters and story up to this point and might try out the other games I'm not sure yet, why did I decide to jump into the series so late and with this game? well honestly I got it just because it came with my PS3 otherwise I probably would have looked over it, it's pretty fun for a multiplayer/cooperative collecting focused game and obviously gets better with friends, the graphics and sound are great, it provides some laugh out loud moments the further you progress, and if you play alone the teammate AI is generally very good but screws up when you need it most and pretty badly at that, it's a good game but it has some big issues that hold it back from being anything more than just good, for instance like I said it's based on co-op with friends so the first thing you are going to want to do is call your friends over and have a blast, the problem is that every time you stop playing your friends are going to have to start from scratch, that's right they lose their experience, bolts, and most importantly guns which brings frustration, so the best way to make sure everyone stays on the some level is to each buy a copy of the game and play online but not only does this take away the fun of having your buddies in arm punching range, you also have to deal with the online pass issue (online passes are really starting to anger me and need to be done away with in my opinion, but that's a story for another time) which means you'll all have to pay the whole asking price in order to buy it new, of course you could forget co-op all together and play by yourself which is still fun, another complaint of mine is that guns and bolts can't be transfered between you individual characters which means you'll have to stick with one throughout the entire game and then play through it other times with your other characters, that and the fact that there's no way to save in the middle of a level which means you'll have to wait until the end of a level in order for your progress to save and most of these levels take a little while to complete so make sure you have time to complete one before you have to start playing, but all in all these issues don't hinder the funny story and characters, the fun game play, or this from being a good and fun game but they do hold it back from greatness, after playing this I'm curious to see what else the series has to offer and I do think it's a good game worth at least a rental even with it's flaws. Expand
  28. May 30, 2012
    Before I start this review I just want to say that, I love the Ratchet and Clank series. But this game is more of a party game for kids. The camera is zoomed back even if your only playing by yourself. Theirs not many new wepions which is dissaponting for a R&C game. The story mode is short, but some of the cutsences and chatter between characters is funny, I'll give it that. The game dosent officer much of a challange. So to make a long story short, this game is really only for kids, I played all the Ratchet and Clank games sence the beggining, and this one is by far y least favorite. Come on Ted and team, make anouther REAL Ratchet and Clank game, please. Expand
  29. Jul 29, 2012
    Ratchet & clank : all 4 one , it's my first Ratchet & clank game from this series when i try it i was shocked & ask my self : why i didn't try this fun before .? the story line is non-stop action with new weapons , co-op , great boss fight . i really love this game . it have a challenge when you play with friends or brothers : who will get the most kills . bolts , skins ? my rate in this game is 8 10 Expand
  30. Aug 22, 2012
    good game1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  31. Sep 19, 2012
    I'm a long time fan of the ratchet series and all i can say about this game is: WTQ Insomniac. They changed almost everything i loved about the series from controls and game play to the visual style and they made it childish and the humor is just down right repetitive, lame and predictive. So, in short, rather buy one of the others or the HD trilogy.
  32. Dec 31, 2012
    Es el primer juego de Ratchet al que he jugado. Los gráficos son buenos, el sistema de mezclar plataformas con acción me ha gustado, en la acción es un juego bastante dinámico, pero lo estropea la cámara que el jugador no controla y que entorpece los movimientos constantemente y te hace fallar en los saltos, ya que te impide calcular bien las distancias de salto. La posibilidad de elegir personajes me ha gustado, pero no el tener que llevar a un compañero controlado por la máquina que hace el trabajo por ti y ha veces se bloquea y comete fallos. Un compañero controlado por la IA que nunca se protege y muere constantemente. El argumento es bastante simplón y se hace largo el juego. Expand
  33. Mar 12, 2013
    This game disgraces its predecessors.
  34. Mar 17, 2013
    The worst game of the series? Yes... but living up to the standard ACIT has set for the rest of the series isn't something easily lived up to.
    All 4 One is definitely a fun game. The only thing that pull the score down for me are a huge amount of small and not so small bugs, both with the sometimes lacking AI and bugs (mostly in online mode) that prevent boss fights from going ahead to
    the next phase.
    I did not pick up the game at launch and looking back on it after playing the game I don't think it's worth a premium either (imo almost no game is) but all in all for 10-15 bucks this is a game is still a must have for every fan of the series.
  35. May 15, 2013
    So heres the thing, I love Ratchet & Clank it is one of my favourite gaming franchises but All 4 One misses the mark. The developer tried to change up the gameplay with the 4 player co-op idea but I miss old Ratchet. Those games were alot more fun and had a better story than this one. Also the action on screen gets too chaotic with 4 players at once. The weapons too, while imaginative lack the charm that they had in the previous games. I wanted to Love this game but with these issues and the fact that A crack in Time before it was so much better are the biggest downfall. Please Insomniac go back to the way it was!! Expand
  36. May 27, 2013
    This is one of those games where it's fun until your friend has to go and you find yourself playing alone. While this game has an excellent coop experience the game fails to deliver as solid of a single player experience as it does in the multiplayer. That accompanied with some pretty annoying bugs and a god awful partner AI and gameplay that feels quite tedious after the first few hours of this game make it seem sub-par when compared to the rest of the R&C speaking of the rest of the series, this game brings very little to the table in terms of new weaponry and instead reuses weapons from previous games. Don't be mistaken though. As i previously stated this game is excellent to play with a friend or two and the online coop works pretty nicely as well. I had almost no connection issues when playing. The game's two major strong points are the charming characters and humor that will have you chuckling at the screen and some pretty fantastic looking environments. And the new weapons that they DO bring out are fantastic... except for the R.Y.N.O... all of those puzzles for a mech suit that holds you back more than anything. Anyways; to conclude this review. This isn't a bad game. But I don't think that this would be a very good entry to the series for people who are interested. In short. If you liked previous ratchet and clank games. You'll probably enjoy this. Just don't go in expecting a game of the same quality and polish as a crack in time. Expand
  37. Sep 28, 2013
    If you can play this game with three other friends because if you play it alone it gets old pretty fast, the game-play gets repetitive really fast, their are some really interesting puzzles here an there but not many of them are. The cut-scenes are really good and so is the story but it is quickly undermined by its repetitive gameplay. This is a decent game that shows some potential, especially towards the end of the game, but potential does not make a good game, capitalizing on that potential does and this game does the opposite. Expand
  38. Oct 3, 2013
    The easiest way to describe All 4 One is a right step in the wrong direction. Approaching this title with low expectations will provide an enjoyable title with very strong co-operative play, but it's hardly a typical Ratchet adventure like A Crack In Time. All 4 One does well in that there's a strong emphasis on teamwork. While online this can be a hit and miss, with a few friends huddled around your PS3, you will have an absolute ball with this game. There's a slight learning curve for newcomers to the series, so pick patient friends, or friends with experience in the franchise. The problem with All 4 One is that it was treated as a core entry to the franchise. If it were sold at half the price as a downloadable title similar to Quest for Booty, and not a core entry in the series, it would be a far better received title. A major point of note is that the AI that is used in single player is very well programmed, a real team worker. Aside from the odd clumsy failure to dodge, the AI does an exceptional job helping you solve the puzzles and progress through levels which would trump any lesser AI. My only gripe is that without more than 2 players, you'll only ever have Ratchet and Clank, with the other two characters awkwardly appearing for cutscenes to vanish one they're through. Another issue is the online bugs. I'm not sure why, but I can't play online without triggers failing to work, the Vac-U jamming up and all kinds of other strange issues happening. Once I switch it offline, the problems cease. Aside from these gripes, and maybe a few small framerate issues, All 4 One is a fun title, but pick it up cheap. It's not worth full price, but it's great fun if you don't expect the world. Final Score 7.0/10 Expand
  39. Dec 3, 2013
    Just like mario 3d land this game has ugly designs a bad story and no replay value size matters on the psp is a much better game than this crap. I couldn't finish it uncharted 3 has a crap ton of plot holes making the story atrocious.
  40. Dec 5, 2013
    bad story,characters look like baby's and auto fixed camera is really anoying
    so i am a big ratchet and clank fan but this just wasn't good i mean it's worth playing but the story is really bad and the weapons aren't really cool at all gameplay is a big problem as well and abcourse the new controls are a bit frustrating so is there a good thing about this game
    well the online option is
    probably the best what they have done too the game because the rest is just not nice the new character design makes ratchet and clank look like a game for baby's
    +:online play
    -:bad story
    -:bad character design
    -:bad gameplay
    -:no special wow weapons
    -:bad gadjects
  41. Dec 18, 2013
    I've never played a ratchet and clank game before but I had a lot of fun playing this with friends (up to 4 on one console). It was funny but could have been funnier and the gameplay can get repetitive even though there are different gameplay mechanics mixed.
  42. Jul 16, 2014
    Awful gameplay, plain characters, uninteresting story... Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is the worst game I've got to play this 2014 and it's a waste of both Insomniac developers and the Ratchet series.
  43. Nov 21, 2014
    It's unfortunate that this game gets so much hate. I have played every single R&C game and there isn't one that I haven't enjoyed. No this isn't the traditional experience but that doesn't mean I didn't have a damn good time playing it. Although I played through this game a few times with two friends and we turned it into a drinking game..... how could you not have a good time. I never played it single player but I think those complaining shouldn't have even bothered playing the game. This game is a must to play with friends or family so of course you'll hate it if you play alone. The dialogue is witty and funny as always, the gameplay was a blast to play with friends and the laughs were endless. Screw the haters, this is another excellent entry into my favorite gaming franchise of all time. Expand
  44. Oct 21, 2011

So where is the sense in giving games an A or an F or 0 Points or 100 Points?

70 Points in one eyes, can be 90 in ones others.

It sucks, it is pissing me off.

When it comes down to a MW3 Review.

1. It's hard to genuinely dislike a game like All 4 One. While it's obviously and quite severely flawed in a lot of ways, it's also possessed of a certain irreverent charm that – while derivative – is often enough to keep you playing irrespective of the fact that you're not really having a great deal of fun. [Dec 2011, p69]
    Alluring platformer of classic shape offers 4-people in cooperative mode but it is not able to reach technical finesse. Fixed cameras and boss fights are among the features that need improvement. [Dec 2011]
  3. The amount of satisfaction you can get from this new Ratchet & Clank mainly depends on your expectations. This is not a direct sequel of the Future-series, but if you are looking for a cool party game with your favorite characters, you can't go wrong with this game. [Nov 2011, p.90]