Ratchet & Clank Collection PlayStation 3

8.2

1. Mar 3, 2016
    Probably one of, if not the best action adventure platforming game series of all time. All three games have great entertainment value, great diverse game play, and ok stories with likable characters. My favorite from best to worst in this collection are up your arsenal, going commando, and original ratchet and clank ( although there isn't really a bad game in the bunch). One of the bestProbably one of, if not the best action adventure platforming game series of all time. All three games have great entertainment value, great diverse game play, and ok stories with likable characters. My favorite from best to worst in this collection are up your arsenal, going commando, and original ratchet and clank ( although there isn't really a bad game in the bunch). One of the best thing about this series is that it does enough unique platforming in each game to offset the amount of shooting there is. It keeps things fresh and some have fun puzzles and cool/funny guns and even fun bosses. I also enjoyed the "open world" gameplay in all three games, where you can visit and revisit anyplace you've been to before. The only negatives about this collection are the "meh" graphics (obviously), some people will probably find the game repetitive with all the shooting and breaking crates, and the stories are nothing special. To end, anyone who enjoys platforming with a lot of shooting/ action should pick up the classic. Expand
  2. Oct 22, 2015
    A great collection of games updated in a 720p resolution and 60fps. Be aware of a few glitches and FPS drops though. All three games hold up extremely well. A must own for your PS3 collection.
  3. Mar 27, 2015
    Aged super well. Still fun to play to this day, and will be fun to play in 10 years. A great 3D platformer that kids and adults both love! And the value for 3 games is fantastic!
  4. Mar 12, 2014
    While I have long loved the series and find the remaster a wonderful way to revisit the games, I have two problems with this set: A) There's no Deadlocked and B) In Going Commando they developers seem to have tried to make Ratchet's helmet its own entity, which was not present in the original version of the game. This causes his helmet to look huge and ill-fitting during cutscenesWhile I have long loved the series and find the remaster a wonderful way to revisit the games, I have two problems with this set: A) There's no Deadlocked and B) In Going Commando they developers seem to have tried to make Ratchet's helmet its own entity, which was not present in the original version of the game. This causes his helmet to look huge and ill-fitting during cutscenes throughout the game. Other than these, I love it! Expand
  5. Nov 23, 2013
    For a cheap price you get 3 of the best ps2 games ever, they've all been beat with a hd stick and still look very good. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a ps2 nostalgia fix.
  6. Aug 31, 2013
    The Ratchet and Clank Collection is one of a long line of HD remakes spewing onto the gaming market, however you feel about the remake genre this trilogy is a great purchase.
    There are two audiences that this game will be great value to; firstly the gamers that experienced this trilogy back in the 00’s on their beloved PS2s. The second is the new generation of children being introduced to the gaming world.
    As I grew up in the PS2 era of gaming, Ratchet and Clank was at the heart of my collection of games. Its witty charm, colourful charterers and general epicosity created stories that are still with me today.
    This brings us to the first audience for this game, nerds. Anyone who played these games when they were first released and loved them should go out and buy this trilogy, seeing these worlds again and bumping into familiar characters is extremely satisfying especially with the sweet sweet HD patches.
    However these games are not only good value to nerds that wish to revisit their childhoods, such as myself. It is also perfect value for the new generation, these games are still perfect for the younger audience of today to play and enjoy. Therefore is you’re a parent wanting good value for money, what could be better then three extremely well made games, with a cut price tag compared to new releases.
    Technically the game runs fine and the HD graphics are fairly standard, there’s nothing wrong with them however the aging style of the game itself does reflect in its visual presentation. The game play is as solid as it was ten years ago and the controls integrate well with the new Duelshock 3 controller.
    My only issue with this game is minute and picky, however I do feel that more could have been done to celebrate the decade of Ratchet and Clank with a nicer user interface when loading up the games from the menu or perhaps some kind of bonus unlock-ables such as concept art or video interviews as rewards to completing the trophies.
    In conclusion, Ratchet and Clank Collection is an appropriate use of the HD remake technology, as it serves well as a trophy for nerds like myself to have as a memento of those three brilliant games made in the past ten years by insomniac studios. However the main audience I would push this to, is the new generation of gamers who are looking for great quality games for very good value and maybe we can keep the love for our furry tailed Lombax and green eyed robot friends going a generation longer.
  7. Jul 15, 2013
    The collection that remembers the best years of Ratchet & Clank, so necessary for all the fans of this franchise. Plus, the HD, and the price makes this collection, not the best, but absolutely elemental for all Ratchet & Clank fans.
  8. Jul 6, 2013
    Masterpiece series. Go buy it, now. Worth of your money. Everything is good, and graphics are amazing. But it's sad that Ratchet & Clank aren't so good series anymore.
  9. Jun 8, 2013
    this game is the best, i enjoy every second of it, from the first one as a great classic, then the second one (going commando) and the third one up your arsenal. these games are the best.

Pros: Stunning Graphics & Huge Improvement From The PS2 Versions Full Online Trophy Support Which Is Great For Replay Value Gameplay Is The Best Adventure Platform I Have Played In A While Cons:

Pros:
    Stunning Graphics & Huge Improvement From The PS2 Versions
    Full Online Trophy Support Which Is Great For Replay Value
    Gameplay Is The Best Adventure Platform I Have Played In A While

Cons:
    Nothing, The 25 People Who Gave Negative Reviews Are Trolls or People Who Shouldn't Own A PS3
  10. May 19, 2013
    In the playstation 2 era ratchet and clank was my favourite game franchise. I got number 3 with my console and loved it and got the others to, thats why I was so excited for this collection. Lets start with the first game, R&C1 is the worst of these 3 but not a bad game at all, it establishes the timeless shoot and jump gameplay that all the games have used it just a shame ratchet isn'tIn the playstation 2 era ratchet and clank was my favourite game franchise. I got number 3 with my console and loved it and got the others to, thats why I was so excited for this collection. Lets start with the first game, R&C1 is the worst of these 3 but not a bad game at all, it establishes the timeless shoot and jump gameplay that all the games have used it just a shame ratchet isn't very likeable. 2 on the other hand fixes all of the issues with the first one adding tons of variety and new gameplay like ship piloting as well as upgradeble weapons that are now a series staple. 3 on the other hand takes out some variety in exchange for higher polish, this one is the most enjoyable of the set but its a shame the developer rushed this game's port to meet the twice delayed release date, as such this game is glitchier than the original version. All 3 games have brilliant graphics thanks to the cartoony visuals. This is a great value for money set. 9/10 Expand
  11. Apr 20, 2013
    Three timeless episodes of Naughty Dog's brilliant PS2-era Jak and Daxter games, what's not to love?!! Can't wait for the Vita edition, which drops in June! One word, three syllables, two exclamation marks... INSTABUY!!
  12. Mar 27, 2013
    I have waited very long for this collection to be released. now i have it, AND IT'S FRIGGIN brilliant! well except for some bugs, and strange glitches.with ratchet and clank 1 having the least bugs. but the games themselves make up for the bugs and glitches. even when you beat the story mode you will find yourself coming back for more, and will spend hours on finding the specialI have waited very long for this collection to be released. now i have it, AND IT'S FRIGGIN brilliant! well except for some bugs, and strange glitches.with ratchet and clank 1 having the least bugs. but the games themselves make up for the bugs and glitches. even when you beat the story mode you will find yourself coming back for more, and will spend hours on finding the special bolts(gold,titanium, and platinum.) or trying to achieve the skillpoints. but even after that you might not get bored of the games. 9 out of 10 for some bugs and glitches, but very addictive gameplay. Expand
  13. Feb 10, 2013
    This is a phenomenal game collection! Though they're are some glitches that Idol Minds totally forgot to patch. Other than that, this is a great game (Even 3D is good)
  14. Jan 29, 2013
    The perfect update to one of my favourite gaming franchises. Still has all the charm, humour and greatness of the originals. The games don't miss a beat, and the awesome weapons return in all their glory. Number 3 specifically is a wonderful game, and in my top five games.
  15. Jan 25, 2013
    A great addition to my classics collection. I also have the sly cooper collection waiting once I beat these games. Nice updated graphics, sweet gameplay and alot of fun to play. All Hail Ratchet!!!
  16. Jan 4, 2013
    This is a really great collection. This is three of the best games on PS2. They are FANTASTIC!, pure platforming goodness!. I loved almost everything about it... except for the bugs. Example, at least on my PAL copy of the game; in R&C 2 going commando, no items is showed at the 'mod-shop' which was just sad. I even uploaded a video on youtube for this. Overall, I give it a 9/10
  17. Dec 23, 2012
    A cheap pack that contains the world's top three games in hd.
  18. Nov 30, 2012
    Classic R&C on the PS3! Its doesn't get any better. All the humour, action and platforming; now with Trophies!! These games are just fun to play, and I still enjoy playing them. I recommend this to hardcore R&C fans as well as people who've never played any of these games.
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    Amazing. PERIOD. People say its hard to finish these games today, unless you've played them before. NO. Besides the first game, the series has aged extremely well. Even a newcomer will enjoy both games. As for separate scores, I will give the original an 8/10, the 3rd a perfect 10/10, and the 2nd an 11/10, and even thats not doing it justice!!!
  20. Nov 19, 2012
    These games are amazing! These take me back to my old ps2 days and they still rock. The new polish and upgrade for the ps3 has been done brilliantly and these games still impress as much as they ever did. Challenging, funny, inventive and immersive, all 3 of the games still off er great gameplay and will keep you entertained for ages
  21. Nov 19, 2012
    I love everything about these games from the awesome weapons and gadgets to the cool characters . It is definitely the best platforming series i have ever played. The new Ratchet and clank games are nothing compared to this. To the people who say this is horrible what is wrong with you? http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/ultimate-combo-packs/
  22. Nov 6, 2012
    The 3 games never looked so good. Thats about it. Gameplay is the same. The first has the worst controls and it suffers from it but the other 2 are amazing.
  23. Oct 19, 2012
    Simply amazing. Brings back some realy amazing memories of some of the best action adventure platforming shooters of last gen and quite simply put, 2 and 3 are the reason i am a gamer today.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    This is a blast from the past for me, Ratchet and Clank was a major game for me in my teens with its overly cheesy comedy and story of which always seems to be light hearted, All of these games have been ported excellently in stunning 1080p in which the games look great for their age other than a few minor issues with things such as the gadgetron machine on Ratchet and Clank 1.

Unlike

Unlike today's games which have money pumped but yet lack the quality game play and feel good experience they are designed for Ratchet and Clank comes filled with feel good moments and excellent game play to back it up and with each game you can definitely see the effort that went into these games as with each game certain elements are refined and updated and trust me these are noticeable and are for the better.

Throughout my time playing these games I made sure to platinum each one before moving on to the next which often in the Ratchet and Clank series means playing through in challenge mode , which for me isn't a problem as these games are enjoyable enough for that, so for me getting the platinum for each trophy was a blast and allowed for lengthening the experience, in total i spent far more time on this game than any other in recent time bar one game which was Grandia a PSone classic for the Playstation 3/Vita.

All in all Ratchet and Clank trilogy (as it is known in the UK) is great value for money and for me would have been worthy of a 10 if not for a few minor graphical and technical glitches that i came across during my playthrough's but dont let this put you off as they are only minor and are not very frequent definitely give this game a try if you love platforming action you will not be disappointed.
  25. Sep 24, 2012
    This is possibly the best remaster this far. No doubt it is the prettiest looking. Aside from some horrible bugs, the games are perfect! The platform parts are good, the shooting parts even better! Funny and inventive weapons, and tons of gadgets that will keep you looking for more!
  26. Sep 17, 2012
    Still my favorite game series of all time. The port sadly is issued with frame rate problems and glitches especially in the Original and Up Your Arsenal. I recommend any platformer fan to check this out.
  27. Sep 8, 2012
    3 of the greatest PS2 games ever conceived await you in this collection. Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank : Going Commando, & Ratchet & Clank : Up Your Arsenal. All three beautifully remastered in HD.
  28. Sep 7, 2012
    I absolutely have no idea why people are hating on this game this is one of my childhood franchises in one collection and is one of the most fun platformers i have ever played.
  29. Sep 4, 2012
    I dont get why this has such a bad score, the games are awesome, and the quality is much better then the ps2 version. Totally worth the money imo. 10/10.
  30. Sep 1, 2012
    The most fun i have had in a very long time, so many stuff to do, and i have spent around 30 hrs on Ratchet and Clank 2 alone, my fav platformers of all time IMHO

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    A fine HD-update of the first three Ratchet & Clank -platform adventures. [Aug 2012]
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Sep 20, 2012
    Even for first-timers who aren't craving a nostalgia fix, this one's an easy recommendation. [Nov 2012, p.86]
  3. Sep 12, 2012
    Ratchet & Clank Collection is a reminder of how one developer dared to give some guns to a platforming mascot and made a couple classics in the process. In an era where every third-person shooter comes with bloodstains and a cover mechanic, it's nice to return to this lovable duo and discover that they haven't aged a bit.