7.5

1. Dec 22, 2012
    This is not how the Ratchet franchise should come to an end, the game is mediocre to okay at best. Its just a tower defence game, it looks pretty, with the Ratchet skin.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    Fairly fun game, it's no 'A Crack in Time' but it's good in it's own way, especially for the price it's at. It definitely feels like a Vita game so I would recommend waiting until that version is released early next year. If you're a hardcore R&C fan and are expecting to have fun like from the good old R&C games on the PS2, you're out of luck.
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault is an interesting experiment, It combines the series classic gameplay with tower defense thrown in. It succeeds for the most part, But not with out's faults. I wish that the story was better and the levels were easier to explore, but for the most part, It's a fun game. The story concerns an old acquaintance of Ratchet and Clank who's bent onRatchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault is an interesting experiment, It combines the series classic gameplay with tower defense thrown in. It succeeds for the most part, But not with out's faults. I wish that the story was better and the levels were easier to explore, but for the most part, It's a fun game. The story concerns an old acquaintance of Ratchet and Clank who's bent on destroying the Galaxy, and wants to kill Qwark. The plot is basic and almost non existent. It feels like a Saturday Morning version of Ratchet and Clank Tale. But, The Characters charming personalities and the witty writing the series is known for is here. There just isn't a whole lot of it.

The new control scheme takes a while to get use to, but once you get the hang of it, it works great. The Tower Defense elements work well, and the wacky weapons the series is known for are all here. Weapon Verity is Lacking here, with most being weapons used in past games, but they're still fun to use. The only big complaint I have is that the levels can be a bit too open at times, so when I'm searching for something, I'm unable to locate it.

You also can't start a new game, once you finish the 5 hour campaign, however you can reply with friends. However, you can't play it with random people online, only with people on your friends list. The 2 on 2 multiplayer is fun and much preferred than the one on one duels. While some might ride off FFA as a cheap cash in, it's mostly a well made game. If the story had more of a presence, level design was tightened up, and it allowed me to play with other people that aren't on my friends list, It could of been a great game. However, as it stands now, it's just a good game.
  4. Oct 5, 2014
    Without knowing it, Insomniac have created a game that's ahead of its time. I have never heard of Ratchet & Clank before this game, but I can say that it deserves more credit even if it is a spin-off. The reason being is that this is perhaps the most ingeniously accessible MOBA which was released at a time when the genre wasn't as mainstream. There are no tutorials, and there needn't beWithout knowing it, Insomniac have created a game that's ahead of its time. I have never heard of Ratchet & Clank before this game, but I can say that it deserves more credit even if it is a spin-off. The reason being is that this is perhaps the most ingeniously accessible MOBA which was released at a time when the genre wasn't as mainstream. There are no tutorials, and there needn't be either. It is extremely intuitive to pick up and play, with third-person controls, solid movement/shooting/combat/platforming. It is fast-paced and there's decent variety in the weapons and enemies. Unlike other MOBAs, this game is more scripted in the campaign and levelling up your weapons and character are persistent. When played co-operatively, this game shines. The tower-defense mechanics are very simple and with a shared currency, there's more emphasis on co-operation and doing what's best for the team rather than the individual. The weapons and levelling are shared when played co-operatively too, so there's never any conflict of who should do/use what. This is a MOBA without menus and with no learning curve which can be played in split-screen. Given the size of the genre nowadays, that's a revolutionary concept. How many MOBAs literally copy DoTA? Almost all. Ratchet & Clank QForce shows that it's possible to do better - by having a fast-paced, pick-up-and-play, singleplayer/co-operative MOBA where there's no mouse-clicking or last-hitting or caring about stats of items, but rather purely gameplay. Of course, it's not particularly deep or require an enormous amount of strategy and planning, but for its target audience the difficulty and depth is perfect. The game's announcer does an excellent job of keeping you up to date on the game state, and playing the objective feels natural rather than a chore. The map design is not bad and having the minimap as well as large map helps to navigate the level. Multiplayer is a strong point of this game too, which continues the "scripted" style by having offensive and defensive phases. In terms of story and campaign length, the game only has five levels and they're quite short but there's replay value in doing the challenges. Quality-wise, the game isn't AAA by any means, and suffers from major frame-rate drops when there are a crazy number of enemies and turrets and weapons and explosions on screen, but otherwise functional. Overall, QForce is a game which future MOBA developers should take inspiration from, because of its accessibility, fun factor, design and exciting combat with cool weapons. Just because it's a casual game doesn't mean it's necessarily bad or boring. Of course it won't provide you with more than 10-15 hours of gameplay, but not every game should aspire to be endless - and not every MOBA should be exactly like the established ones. Expand
  5. Mar 25, 2014
    Although released to mixed reviews,Ratchet and Clank:Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force was an excellent game,I loved the storyline,The amazing easter eggs,I had found it very refreshing to have a different style of gameplay to the usual formula (not including all 4 one) and love playing online multiplayer with my friends.Although it is a bit short and has an odd rise in difficulty half wayAlthough released to mixed reviews,Ratchet and Clank:Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force was an excellent game,I loved the storyline,The amazing easter eggs,I had found it very refreshing to have a different style of gameplay to the usual formula (not including all 4 one) and love playing online multiplayer with my friends.Although it is a bit short and has an odd rise in difficulty half way through,the fact that it costs €15 and you get a vita copy for free makes this a must buy for any Ratchet and Clank fan. +you get a free copy of motor storm RC if you are waiting for the vita version) Expand
  6. Dec 8, 2012
    Multiplayer review: Contains a bit of online spoiler but I did not check the box for spoiler alert because you should know about these things before you play the game. The game was really great at first, but once players get really competitive and find a way to cheat the system that is when I stop playing. I consider myself fairly good at this game so I will speak from my point of view.Multiplayer review: Contains a bit of online spoiler but I did not check the box for spoiler alert because you should know about these things before you play the game. The game was really great at first, but once players get really competitive and find a way to cheat the system that is when I stop playing. I consider myself fairly good at this game so I will speak from my point of view. When you start a game online, everyone goes for the node that gives you the rocket launcher weapon. When a team gets that node, they will use that weapon for the rest of the game without using any other weapons. The other team will get a grenade launcher, which is still good if you know how to use it, but, it is not as good and I will explain why. The rocket launcher when is level 2 it will shoot many rockets at once, and if your close to your opponent, it will hurt them if you shoot it at the floor next to them. It is a one hit kill if you don't have extra health, and two hit kill 45 hp. If your going against that weapon your opponent will most likely hover to you and shoot u with it, and if they know how to use it, you will most likely die with no escape. Oh and did I mention it follows you? You can't hover away in a straight line or in a zigzag line, you can however, watch it closely and try to dodge it, which is difficult for me in particular because there are like 5 rockets coming at you. The grenade launcher is good as well but can easily be avoided, which makes everything stupid. No one uses other weapons. The other 6 weapons are useless. I stopped playing for this reason. If they never included "super weapons" and people used regular weapons it would have been much better. Another thing they weren't smart about is the dopplegangers, which are little minions you throw around and they shoot things. Everyone uses them to capture nodes. They do this by throwing them around the turrets and while the turrets defending the node shoot the minions, you capture the node. This makes defenses that you can purchase around the node and the defenses that come with the capturing of the node useless. Like I said, I loved this game online for the first 2 weeks, but after that I couldn't play it anymore, I almost broke my door and hand from how annoying it got at some points. I would give this game a 9-10 for the online mode but I can't, those weapons are overpowered and overused, which makes every other weapon useless. It would be more fun without the dopplegangers and rocket launcher/ grenade launcher. honestly, without them, every other weapon would have a use. The Flamethrower is designed to be strong against barriers and generators, but everyone uses rocket and grenade launcher against them, which are strong against everything. That is pretty much for my online review. If you don't believe me or disagree with me, play the game yourself. Like I said, this game online would be really good but they had to ruin it with super weapons. If you play the game for fun, play with people you know. Don't play with people who just play to win by making everything boring and abusing that weapon. Try the game yourself if you think I am making this up. Expand
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    This is not a Ratchet & Clank game. Why? Because this why:

1. No new weapons. Every R&C has almost every time have new interesting weapons. Now? Nope. 2. No interesting level up-ed weapons. They look almost exactly same expect have new colors. That didn't happen in previous game. 3. Story. It's 3-4 hours long and not funny. R&C have usually had funny and interesting story. And enough
    This is not a Ratchet & Clank game. Why? Because this why:

3. Story. It's 3-4 hours long and not funny. R&C have usually had funny and interesting story. And enough long. Now? Nope.
    4. No open world game. Ok Quest for Booty wasn't but it had nice and funny story. And it was longer.
    5. No Clank as backpack?

But this doesn't mean it's not worth buying. It has good multiplayer and cost only 20 euros. And you get free version to Vita and Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator to PS3 for free. So you can buy this, but don't expect anything great. For me, last Ratchet & Clank game was A Crack in Time.
  8. Oct 4, 2013
    Full Frontal Assault is a fun foray into a more tower defense styled gameplay for the series. Much like All 4 One, I'd consider it a 'Right step in the wrong direction' in that it's fun, it has it's place, but it's not something we want more of. It's graphics are notable of praise, being considerably nicer than anything we've had thusfar, and the gameplay plays more like the games youFull Frontal Assault is a fun foray into a more tower defense styled gameplay for the series. Much like All 4 One, I'd consider it a 'Right step in the wrong direction' in that it's fun, it has it's place, but it's not something we want more of. It's graphics are notable of praise, being considerably nicer than anything we've had thusfar, and the gameplay plays more like the games you knew, with a 3D camera and such. As enjoyable as Full Frontal Assault is however, it's fairly short and not particularly challenging. Pick this one up cheap and you'll get good bang for your buck. Final Score: 7.2/10 Collapse
  9. Oct 19, 2013
    I would like to start off by saying that I am a massive fan of this series, Up Your Arsenal is my favourite game of all time and I came into this one with high expectations. I have to say I was mildly disappointed. While certainly not a bad game, Full Frontal Assault suffers from being just so mediocre. There is nothing this game does that another instalment in the series does better. TheI would like to start off by saying that I am a massive fan of this series, Up Your Arsenal is my favourite game of all time and I came into this one with high expectations. I have to say I was mildly disappointed. While certainly not a bad game, Full Frontal Assault suffers from being just so mediocre. There is nothing this game does that another instalment in the series does better. The controls seem wrong, the story is laughable (although the wit is still there), the graphics are way worse than A Crack in Time. The twist to the gameplay this time is that the levels are designed like tower defence missions, this is a good idea but the execution could be better.

To add insult to injury, the game is only 4 hours in length, although at a $25 price tag this is excusable. As well as the single player the game has a multiplayer mode which is good even when the game launched there was nobody playing it.

Final Thoughts: Don't buy this game, buy Tools of Destruction and/or A Crack in Time instead.
  10. Oct 4, 2013

1. Aug 7, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Q-Force proves that after ten years, there is still life in the old Lombax yet that is worthy of consideration – if only there were more mission objectives and levels to enjoy.
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    A decent hybrid of genres but why is it so short? [CD-Action 04/2013, p.78]
  3. Feb 2, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Q Force is not a bad game, but it’s not a great one either. If you are a fan of the franchise there is definitely something here for you however you may be under whelmed.