7.6

1. Nov 28, 2012
    Very good for al r&C fans! must buy it! its god and has a great graphic as well, i like new characyers hoping that dlc planets will coming soon! for now we have gold bolts skill points and many other things to collect! welcome back R&C
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ratchet and clank full frontal assault is a good game that brings a lot of fun and joy to us. In this one you have a new kind of theme tower defense people thought it wasen't a good idea but they executed it well to be a great idea. The story starts with Quark being funny by saying he wants to kill something and after killing cleaner bolts a message from a mysterious villian appears and he is going to put the planetary defense center crashing down. So you have traverse the planet saving them and planetary defense centre works again but little did they know Zurgo was the plumber undercover. And he put the starship phoenix in trouble and used the weather grid on a planet and said Quark did it as he was disguised as Quark in disguised. After all that talk he tries to fight you at the end for a final battle. You defeat him and he gets to the authorities until quark did a victory scream and made him falled down the abyss. The story is good hard to explain a bit in words but simple
    The gameplay is smooth and responsive but that is exactly what ratchet and clank does and the weapons are good and the length and replay value makes it even more fun the skill points and trophies are a good selection /

Now for the negative the game could've made the final boss without that counter at the end and there could be more planets. So to recap good stuff are story length gameplay that yadada

And bad final boss without that counter more planets
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. I am really surprised that so-called game review outlets are giving this such a low score. Also, some user reviews giving it low scores because it is not a "full" R&C release. I am a huge R&C fan. I will be the first to say that All 4 One is a huge disappointment if you are an R&C fan. This game is not All 4 One. Full Frontal Assualt has traditional R&C controls,I really enjoy this game. I am really surprised that so-called game review outlets are giving this such a low score. Also, some user reviews giving it low scores because it is not a "full" R&C release. I am a huge R&C fan. I will be the first to say that All 4 One is a huge disappointment if you are an R&C fan. This game is not All 4 One. Full Frontal Assualt has traditional R&C controls, but takes a new angle on the game. This time around you are protecting the Q-Force base. The game has tower defense elements that help you to defend your base from waves of enemies. However, this is not the entire game. Rachet or the character of your choice has to leave the base to reactivate the planetary defense system on each planet. The game compromises on the tower defense elements you would find in most games. Instead the tower defense elements are more of an assist than anything. The bottom line is that this a a $20 game that in my opinion is worth every penny. It should not be reviewed against a full R&C release because that is not what this is. This is a small game meant to bridge the gap between the next full R&C release, similar to Quest for Booty. The difference is that this game, instead of a short romp through a regular R&C type game, is a fun and creative take on the series. There are challegnes and trophies that be had that make the game even more fun for the R&C fan waiting for what is next in the series. If you cannot approach an R&C title that is shorter and attempting something a little new, don't get this game. If you don't mind something different, this game is polished and great fun. I'm giving this game a 9.0 because of price, polish, and fun. Expand
  4. Nov 27, 2012
    There are only 2 Critic reviews up so far on Metacritic, but I have to strongly disagree with both of them. I think this is a very strong PSN game. Compare it to other downloadable games on the network and not the full-fledged $60 console games and you'll find that this game is quite amazing! I'm already a huge Ratchet and Clank fan, but I also love tower defense games. I've only beenThere are only 2 Critic reviews up so far on Metacritic, but I have to strongly disagree with both of them. I think this is a very strong PSN game. Compare it to other downloadable games on the network and not the full-fledged $60 console games and you'll find that this game is quite amazing! I'm already a huge Ratchet and Clank fan, but I also love tower defense games. I've only been playing for a few hours, but am finding that it is exactly what I expected. (I have been following this since it's announcement at the R&C 10 year anniversary event. There seems to be enough to easily warrant the $20 pricetag, and hopefully there will be more DLC in the future in regards to maps and tower types. There are already some downloadable characters, but they don't add much to the experience. I was kind of ticked to see that the file to unlock them was very small in size... just a few kb, so these DLC characters are ALREADY in the game file... you're just paying to unlock what's already there! Very dirty! I can still rate this game highly though. Skip the DLC character add-ons for now, but enjoy one hell of a great tower defense game! If you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    This game (which is 20$) I feel was meant -same with all4one- was built with co-op in mind. This game is like league of legends gone third person with a twist of fusing capturing nodes for money over time. Extremely fast paced. As the game-play.... It's quite innovative, and after my first couple games here.... I am ready for many... many more.
  6. Nov 30, 2012
    Full Frontal Assault is the 12th installment in the Ratchet&Clank franchise, and is a definitely a fun, engaging change of pace from previous games to keep the series feeling fresh. Rather than traveling from planet to planet exploring and killing enemies, FFA pits you up against the alien Grungoids in a MOBA/Tower Defense/Third-Person Shooter. It truly is the first of its kind, andFull Frontal Assault is the 12th installment in the Ratchet&Clank franchise, and is a definitely a fun, engaging change of pace from previous games to keep the series feeling fresh. Rather than traveling from planet to planet exploring and killing enemies, FFA pits you up against the alien Grungoids in a MOBA/Tower Defense/Third-Person Shooter. It truly is the first of its kind, and packs a ton of content into a $20 game. The campaign, playable solo, splitscreen, or with online co-op, throws you into huge battlefields rich with Hero Bolts and secret nodes to find. You must defend your base from attacking enemies, purchasing shields, turrets, and mines to slow them down. At the same time, you capture nodes spread across the map and eventually make your way into the enemy base. But it's the multiplayer where this game really shines; you join 1v1 or 2v2 matches pitted against other people, capturing nodes, purchasing squads of reinforcements to storm your opponent's base, and stocking up on defenses for your own. It's clearly inspired by the multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal, but adds many new twists and dimensions. Like I said earlier, this game has a lot of content and will keep you engaged for a long time; if you're interested, you should definitely grab it for $20; you won't be disappointed. Expand
  7. Dec 10, 2012
    Especially in the case that you're an old school fan, this game will tickle you like nothing else on the market right now. The online play is surprisingly very good - maybe not MMORPG or FPS style, but for the style of the game, it's great. Unprecedented for the series, for sure.
  8. Jan 23, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank: Q-force is a really great game to play, single player or co-operative two player. A
    campaign taking around 6 hours to beat with re-playability and an amazing online strategy mode will keep you going 10 hours+ on this fun game. This game uses the same gameplay formula as it's predecessors but tweaked so that the controls are more efficient and you are able to freely aim and shoot stuff the way you want to with a brilliant arsenal of weapons, new and old (mostly old...), although their could of been a few more weapons, the ones on offer feel great to use. One thing disappointing about this game is the non-interesting story line that does NOT stand up to the one of the future trilogy at all, not being engaging or deep, this unfortunately brings down the score from a 9.5 to a 8.9/10. So, yeah... I give this game a... 8.9/10!
  9. Mar 2, 2013
    I saw this game for £15.99 (IN UK) and I bought it, cos I knew I wouldn't like All4One, (Due to it's weird play-style), so I was excited for this. At first, I noticed, the graphics seemed slightly off, everything feels a bit fuzzy and everything is too bright. Like the boots when you hover, or the combuster's bullets, they seem to ablaze the screen with white light whenever you use them.I saw this game for £15.99 (IN UK) and I bought it, cos I knew I wouldn't like All4One, (Due to it's weird play-style), so I was excited for this. At first, I noticed, the graphics seemed slightly off, everything feels a bit fuzzy and everything is too bright. Like the boots when you hover, or the combuster's bullets, they seem to ablaze the screen with white light whenever you use them. Besides this everthing...is perfect.

I love the tower defence aspect; having to constantly keep an eye on your base and set up defences I did think at one point that I could just defend the base without buying any defences, but its gets much harder later on, with bosses coming to attack you.

In between defending your HQ, you have to go out into the world and do some good ol' fashioned classic ratchet and clank style action, killing foes with awesome guns, collecting bolts, finding secrets, (gold bolts). There are skill points, weapon upgrades and lots more. One thing which I do rather dislike, is how all the guns are free, although the gun pods are defended, the enemies aren't all that difficult to kill and you get a free gun. In my opinion I reckon they should revert back to having the classic style vendors and place them in the HQ. Although if they did that then you would barely need to go outside of your base, (except to do teh objective).

I also like the ranks, they don't give you anything more than a sense of achievement, but that's enough for me The game is a little bit shorter than more Ratchet and Clank games, but it has a very good replay value, because you can go back and do every level again and try to complete challenges such as time limits and trying to keep you base completely intact. In my experience, at first I wasn't impressed, but halfway through the first level I was hooked, back in my Ratchet and Clank zone.

Just a few more things: Clank doesn't do pretty much anything in this game. The Pyro Blaster is totally Over-powered. Enemies need to drop more bolts and defences need to be more expensive, (I usually never have more than 15k bolts)

This game deserves a 9 because despite its rather annoying flaws, its incredibly fun, definitely worth the 15 quid. and for anyway, quite addictive. Maybe a 9 is too generous though, if I could, I'd give it and 8.5/10. All in all, very fun. Go buy it, now!
  10. Mar 2, 2013

1. Aug 7, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Q-Force proves that after ten years, there is still life in the old Lombax yet that is worthy of consideration – if only there were more mission objectives and levels to enjoy.
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    A decent hybrid of genres but why is it so short? [CD-Action 04/2013, p.78]
  3. Feb 2, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Q Force is not a bad game, but it’s not a great one either. If you are a fan of the franchise there is definitely something here for you however you may be under whelmed.