7.8

1. Nov 28, 2012
    This game is another step in the wrong direction for ratchet and clank. Who voted to have a monster single player polished franchise move to multiplayer? I think it is better than All 4 one because atleast the classic control feel is back with a true 3rd person camera. This game is fun to play for 30 minutes or so but gets old very fast. I fear one of my favorite franchises may be dying. I truly hope insomniac plans to give us a true sequel to a crack in time as that was the last truly amazing ratchet and clank game. Graphically this game doesn't look good either. It only runs at 30fps which would be ok if the graphics were impressive like in uncharted or gears of war. Ratchet games have always looked simple but they still looked good because the cartoon like art style was complemented by a buttery smooth 60fps. This engine seems to be the same as all 4 one, which looks worse than a crack in time especially the character models. In summary, boring campaign, no heart to the story, 30fps with all 4 one quality character models, this game feels like a boring multilayer attempt that should have accompanied a true sequel to a crack in time, too bad there isn't an awesome single player campaign to make up for this multiplayer crapfest. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    Very good for al r&C fans! must buy it! its god and has a great graphic as well, i like new characyers hoping that dlc planets will coming soon! for now we have gold bolts skill points and many other things to collect! welcome back R&C
  3. Nov 27, 2012
    This game is actually quite fun, the the tower defense thing is actually pretty good. definitely better than all 4 one. i only wish they changed the look of the characters from the previous game.
  4. Dec 3, 2012
    Great game. At $20, you can't go wrong with it. From the moment the start screen appears, you get that classic Ratchet & Clank feel, and when you get into the game, it nicely blends some old school and new Ratchet very nicely. Multiplayer is very fun and addicting, single player is also a blast. If you're into the 3D thing, it's great. The colours in it aren't washed out when you change to 3D like they were in All 4 One. The feel is great and puts you deeper into the game.

Unfortunately I had to right this extra part in my review:

This game gets quite frustrating by the time you get to the 4th level. The final waves of enemies just gets unbelievably difficult to defeat. You need many defences to protect your base, but they cost a lot of bolts. You never have enough bolts to actually purchase enough defences. You also run out of ammo much too quickly and end up dying or loosing your base many many times. I changed my rating from a 9 to an 8 because of this. It really does takes away from the experience.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ratchet and clank full frontal assault is a good game that brings a lot of fun and joy to us. In this one you have a new kind of theme tower defense people thought it wasen't a good idea but they executed it well to be a great idea. The story starts with Quark being funny by saying he wants to kill something and after killing cleaner bolts a message from a mysterious villian appears and he is going to put the planetary defense center crashing down. So you have traverse the planet saving them and planetary defense centre works again but little did they know Zurgo was the plumber undercover. And he put the starship phoenix in trouble and used the weather grid on a planet and said Quark did it as he was disguised as Quark in disguised. After all that talk he tries to fight you at the end for a final battle. You defeat him and he gets to the authorities until quark did a victory scream and made him falled down the abyss. The story is good hard to explain a bit in words but simple
    The gameplay is smooth and responsive but that is exactly what ratchet and clank does and the weapons are good and the length and replay value makes it even more fun the skill points and trophies are a good selection /

Now for the negative the game could've made the final boss without that counter at the end and there could be more planets. So to recap good stuff are story length gameplay that yadada

And bad final boss without that counter more planets
  6. Dec 1, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. I am really surprised that so-called game review outlets are giving this such a low score. Also, some user reviews giving it low scores because it is not a "full" R&C release. I am a huge R&C fan. I will be the first to say that All 4 One is a huge disappointment if you are an R&C fan. This game is not All 4 One. Full Frontal Assualt has traditional R&C controls, but takes a new angle on the game. This time around you are protecting the Q-Force base. The game has tower defense elements that help you to defend your base from waves of enemies. However, this is not the entire game. Rachet or the character of your choice has to leave the base to reactivate the planetary defense system on each planet. The game compromises on the tower defense elements you would find in most games. Instead the tower defense elements are more of an assist than anything. The bottom line is that this a a $20 game that in my opinion is worth every penny. It should not be reviewed against a full R&C release because that is not what this is. This is a small game meant to bridge the gap between the next full R&C release, similar to Quest for Booty. The difference is that this game, instead of a short romp through a regular R&C type game, is a fun and creative take on the series. There are challegnes and trophies that be had that make the game even more fun for the R&C fan waiting for what is next in the series. If you cannot approach an R&C title that is shorter and attempting something a little new, don't get this game. If you don't mind something different, this game is polished and great fun. I'm giving this game a 9.0 because of price, polish, and fun. Expand
  7. Dec 22, 2012
    This is not how the Ratchet franchise should come to an end, the game is mediocre to okay at best. Its just a tower defence game, it looks pretty, with the Ratchet skin.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    This game (which is 20$) I feel was meant -same with all4one- was built with co-op in mind. This game is like league of legends gone third person with a twist of fusing capturing nodes for money over time. Extremely fast paced. As the game-play.... It's quite innovative, and after my first couple games here.... I am ready for many... many more.
  9. Jan 17, 2013
    Don't fall for what the critics are saying. Full Frontal Assault is a nice Ratchet And Clank spin-off with enough new and interesting mechanics to keep you interested. Basically, the game is a tower defense game in which you can also battle the enemies yourself, a la Dungeon Defenders. Unlike Dungeon Defenders, though, I had much more fun with the game, as through-out the whole game, it is perfectly paced, with easy waves to ease you into the game while later on gradually ramping up the difficulty, so you will never feel like the game all of the sudden pulled the rug out from under you. The weapons you get are interesting, and the wide variety of towers allow you to create your own plan for tackling a level. The only thing I found bad about the game was the fact that it can get repetitive, the controls don't feel quite as smooth as they did in the full-fledged platforming R&C games, as well as having some atrocious lag during online play. Expand
  10. Nov 27, 2012
    Very addictive and fun! I just got 5 hours ago and have not been able to put it down. It is a must buy for every Ratchet and Clank fan. I highly recommend it.
  11. Nov 27, 2012
    There are only 2 Critic reviews up so far on Metacritic, but I have to strongly disagree with both of them. I think this is a very strong PSN game. Compare it to other downloadable games on the network and not the full-fledged $60 console games and you'll find that this game is quite amazing! I'm already a huge Ratchet and Clank fan, but I also love tower defense games. I've only been playing for a few hours, but am finding that it is exactly what I expected. (I have been following this since it's announcement at the R&C 10 year anniversary event. There seems to be enough to easily warrant the $20 pricetag, and hopefully there will be more DLC in the future in regards to maps and tower types. There are already some downloadable characters, but they don't add much to the experience. I was kind of ticked to see that the file to unlock them was very small in size... just a few kb, so these DLC characters are ALREADY in the game file... you're just paying to unlock what's already there! Very dirty! I can still rate this game highly though. Skip the DLC character add-ons for now, but enjoy one hell of a great tower defense game! If you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed. Expand
  12. Nov 30, 2012
    Full Frontal Assault is the 12th installment in the Ratchet&Clank franchise, and is a definitely a fun, engaging change of pace from previous games to keep the series feeling fresh. Rather than traveling from planet to planet exploring and killing enemies, FFA pits you up against the alien Grungoids in a MOBA/Tower Defense/Third-Person Shooter. It truly is the first of its kind, and packs a ton of content into a $20 game. The campaign, playable solo, splitscreen, or with online co-op, throws you into huge battlefields rich with Hero Bolts and secret nodes to find. You must defend your base from attacking enemies, purchasing shields, turrets, and mines to slow them down. At the same time, you capture nodes spread across the map and eventually make your way into the enemy base. But it's the multiplayer where this game really shines; you join 1v1 or 2v2 matches pitted against other people, capturing nodes, purchasing squads of reinforcements to storm your opponent's base, and stocking up on defenses for your own. It's clearly inspired by the multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal, but adds many new twists and dimensions. Like I said earlier, this game has a lot of content and will keep you engaged for a long time; if you're interested, you should definitely grab it for $20; you won't be disappointed. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    Fairly fun game, it's no 'A Crack in Time' but it's good in it's own way, especially for the price it's at. It definitely feels like a Vita game so I would recommend waiting until that version is released early next year. If you're a hardcore R&C fan and are expecting to have fun like from the good old R&C games on the PS2, you're out of luck.
  14. Dec 1, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault is an interesting experiment, It combines the series classic gameplay with tower defense thrown in. It succeeds for the most part, But not with out's faults. I wish that the story was better and the levels were easier to explore, but for the most part, It's a fun game. The story concerns an old acquaintance of Ratchet and Clank who's bent on destroying the Galaxy, and wants to kill Qwark. The plot is basic and almost non existent. It feels like a Saturday Morning version of Ratchet and Clank Tale. But, The Characters charming personalities and the witty writing the series is known for is here. There just isn't a whole lot of it.

The new control scheme takes a while to get use to, but once you get the hang of it, it works great. The Tower Defense elements work well, and the wacky weapons the series is known for are all here. Weapon Verity is Lacking here, with most being weapons used in past games, but they're still fun to use. The only big complaint I have is that the levels can be a bit too open at times, so when I'm searching for something, I'm unable to locate it.

You also can't start a new game, once you finish the 5 hour campaign, however you can reply with friends. However, you can't play it with random people online, only with people on your friends list. The 2 on 2 multiplayer is fun and much preferred than the one on one duels. While some might ride off FFA as a cheap cash in, it's mostly a well made game. If the story had more of a presence, level design was tightened up, and it allowed me to play with other people that aren't on my friends list, It could of been a great game. However, as it stands now, it's just a good game.
  15. Jan 3, 2013
    I rate this game an 8 because it is very short but very good.
  16. Dec 10, 2012
    Especially in the case that you're an old school fan, this game will tickle you like nothing else on the market right now. The online play is surprisingly very good - maybe not MMORPG or FPS style, but for the style of the game, it's great. Unprecedented for the series, for sure.
  17. Mar 2, 2013
    I saw this game for £15.99 (IN UK) and I bought it, cos I knew I wouldn't like All4One, (Due to it's weird play-style), so I was excited for this. At first, I noticed, the graphics seemed slightly off, everything feels a bit fuzzy and everything is too bright. Like the boots when you hover, or the combuster's bullets, they seem to ablaze the screen with white light whenever you use them. Besides this everthing...is perfect.

I love the tower defence aspect; having to constantly keep an eye on your base and set up defences I did think at one point that I could just defend the base without buying any defences, but its gets much harder later on, with bosses coming to attack you.

In between defending your HQ, you have to go out into the world and do some good ol' fashioned classic ratchet and clank style action, killing foes with awesome guns, collecting bolts, finding secrets, (gold bolts). There are skill points, weapon upgrades and lots more. One thing which I do rather dislike, is how all the guns are free, although the gun pods are defended, the enemies aren't all that difficult to kill and you get a free gun. In my opinion I reckon they should revert back to having the classic style vendors and place them in the HQ. Although if they did that then you would barely need to go outside of your base, (except to do teh objective).

I also like the ranks, they don't give you anything more than a sense of achievement, but that's enough for me The game is a little bit shorter than more Ratchet and Clank games, but it has a very good replay value, because you can go back and do every level again and try to complete challenges such as time limits and trying to keep you base completely intact. In my experience, at first I wasn't impressed, but halfway through the first level I was hooked, back in my Ratchet and Clank zone.

Just a few more things: Clank doesn't do pretty much anything in this game. The Pyro Blaster is totally Over-powered. Enemies need to drop more bolts and defences need to be more expensive, (I usually never have more than 15k bolts)

This game deserves a 9 because despite its rather annoying flaws, its incredibly fun, definitely worth the 15 quid. and for anyway, quite addictive. Maybe a 9 is too generous though, if I could, I'd give it and 8.5/10. All in all, very fun. Go buy it, now!
  18. Jan 23, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank: Q-force is a really great game to play, single player or co-operative two player. A
    campaign taking around 6 hours to beat with re-playability and an amazing online strategy mode will keep you going 10 hours+ on this fun game. This game uses the same gameplay formula as it's predecessors but tweaked so that the controls are more efficient and you are able to freely aim
    and shoot stuff the way you want to with a brilliant arsenal of weapons, new and old (mostly old...), although their could of been a few more weapons, the ones on offer feel great to use. One thing disappointing about this game is the non-interesting story line that does NOT stand up to the one of the future trilogy at all, not being engaging or deep, this unfortunately brings down the score from a 9.5 to a 8.9/10. So, yeah... I give this game a... 8.9/10! Collapse
  19. Nov 30, 2012
    After the disaster of All4One, I downloaded the demo instead of just buying this game. To be blunt, I'm very disappointed. This is tower defence game with a little R&C thrown in. All of the PS2 games and the Future games are fun. I've played them multiple times and will play them all again. I wish I could say the same for this one.
    I will buy the HD version of Ratchet: Deadlocked as
    soon as it's released, but I have no plans to buy this game. I might think about it when it goes on sale for $5.
    Insomniac, please return the franchise to its roots and make a great game. There's still potential in the franchise, and I know you have the ability to bring it back from this terrible slump.
  20. Mar 25, 2014
    Although released to mixed reviews,Ratchet and Clank:Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force was an excellent game,I loved the storyline,The amazing easter eggs,I had found it very refreshing to have a different style of gameplay to the usual formula (not including all 4 one) and love playing online multiplayer with my friends.Although it is a bit short and has an odd rise in difficulty half way through,the fact that it costs €15 and you get a vita copy for free makes this a must buy for any Ratchet and Clank fan. +you get a free copy of motor storm RC if you are waiting for the vita version) Expand
  21. Dec 5, 2012
    Saludos primera mente el juego es una azquerosidad, 30 frames por segundo de un juego corriendo en 60 y acostumbrado a un espectaculo grafico es simplemente decepcionante. Parece que el que lava los baños en Insonmiac fue quien hizo el juego. El Sr Duran y yo estamos simplementes molesto y eso merece comerse un buen Jack Pablo extra churrasco y darle 5 tortasos a Clank que bastante molesto me tiene. 0 de Score para ti jaja! Expand
  22. Dec 8, 2012
    Multiplayer review: Contains a bit of online spoiler but I did not check the box for spoiler alert because you should know about these things before you play the game. The game was really great at first, but once players get really competitive and find a way to cheat the system that is when I stop playing. I consider myself fairly good at this game so I will speak from my point of view. When you start a game online, everyone goes for the node that gives you the rocket launcher weapon. When a team gets that node, they will use that weapon for the rest of the game without using any other weapons. The other team will get a grenade launcher, which is still good if you know how to use it, but, it is not as good and I will explain why. The rocket launcher when is level 2 it will shoot many rockets at once, and if your close to your opponent, it will hurt them if you shoot it at the floor next to them. It is a one hit kill if you don't have extra health, and two hit kill 45 hp. If your going against that weapon your opponent will most likely hover to you and shoot u with it, and if they know how to use it, you will most likely die with no escape. Oh and did I mention it follows you? You can't hover away in a straight line or in a zigzag line, you can however, watch it closely and try to dodge it, which is difficult for me in particular because there are like 5 rockets coming at you. The grenade launcher is good as well but can easily be avoided, which makes everything stupid. No one uses other weapons. The other 6 weapons are useless. I stopped playing for this reason. If they never included "super weapons" and people used regular weapons it would have been much better. Another thing they weren't smart about is the dopplegangers, which are little minions you throw around and they shoot things. Everyone uses them to capture nodes. They do this by throwing them around the turrets and while the turrets defending the node shoot the minions, you capture the node. This makes defenses that you can purchase around the node and the defenses that come with the capturing of the node useless. Like I said, I loved this game online for the first 2 weeks, but after that I couldn't play it anymore, I almost broke my door and hand from how annoying it got at some points. I would give this game a 9-10 for the online mode but I can't, those weapons are overpowered and overused, which makes every other weapon useless. It would be more fun without the dopplegangers and rocket launcher/ grenade launcher. honestly, without them, every other weapon would have a use. The Flamethrower is designed to be strong against barriers and generators, but everyone uses rocket and grenade launcher against them, which are strong against everything. That is pretty much for my online review. If you don't believe me or disagree with me, play the game yourself. Like I said, this game online would be really good but they had to ruin it with super weapons. If you play the game for fun, play with people you know. Don't play with people who just play to win by making everything boring and abusing that weapon. Try the game yourself if you think I am making this up. Expand
  23. Jun 21, 2013
    This is not a Ratchet & Clank game. Why? Because this why:

1. No new weapons. Every R&C has almost every time have new interesting weapons. Now? Nope.
    2. No interesting level up-ed weapons. They look almost exactly same expect have new colors. That didn't happen in previous game.
    3. Story. It's 3-4 hours long and not funny. R&C have usually had funny and interesting story. And enough
    long. Now? Nope.
    4. No open world game. Ok Quest for Booty wasn't but it had nice and funny story. And it was longer.
    5. No Clank as backpack?

But this doesn't mean it's not worth buying. It has good multiplayer and cost only 20 euros. And you get free version to Vita and Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator to PS3 for free. So you can buy this, but don't expect anything great. For me, last Ratchet & Clank game was A Crack in Time.
  24. Oct 4, 2013
    Full Frontal Assault is a fun foray into a more tower defense styled gameplay for the series. Much like All 4 One, I'd consider it a 'Right step in the wrong direction' in that it's fun, it has it's place, but it's not something we want more of. It's graphics are notable of praise, being considerably nicer than anything we've had thusfar, and the gameplay plays more like the games you knew, with a 3D camera and such. As enjoyable as Full Frontal Assault is however, it's fairly short and not particularly challenging. Pick this one up cheap and you'll get good bang for your buck. Final Score: 7.2/10 Expand
  25. Dec 23, 2013
    I've been playing every R&C since the first one got released, and i've never been dissapointed, not before now. First of all there's no big diffrence in the maps. There is 5 lvls (only 3 diffrent planets are used) and in 4 of them the princip is the same. Activate something, and then protect your generators. And this makes me feel like they have been too lazy while making this game. Also there is pretty much nothing new introduced, expect defences you can buy for your generators.
    This made me a little sad, but thats not even the worst part. These maps are estimated to take 20-40 minutes each, which means that you can finish the game in about 3 god damn hours. That is surely the shortes R&C i've ever played...
    The game also has some cool stuff, but i don't feel like it offers anything the other R&C's doesn't have. But oh well, i just finished it, and got pretty mad when i realized how short the game was, so maybe i'll change my score when i calm a little down, i dunno yet.
  26. Oct 19, 2013
    I would like to start off by saying that I am a massive fan of this series, Up Your Arsenal is my favourite game of all time and I came into this one with high expectations. I have to say I was mildly disappointed. While certainly not a bad game, Full Frontal Assault suffers from being just so mediocre. There is nothing this game does that another instalment in the series does better. The controls seem wrong, the story is laughable (although the wit is still there), the graphics are way worse than A Crack in Time. The twist to the gameplay this time is that the levels are designed like tower defence missions, this is a good idea but the execution could be better.

To add insult to injury, the game is only 4 hours in length, although at a $25 price tag this is excusable. As well as the single player the game has a multiplayer mode which is good even when the game launched there was nobody playing it.

Final Thoughts: Don't buy this game, buy Tools of Destruction and/or A Crack in Time instead.
  27. Jan 23, 2013

1. Aug 7, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Q-Force proves that after ten years, there is still life in the old Lombax yet that is worthy of consideration – if only there were more mission objectives and levels to enjoy.
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    A decent hybrid of genres but why is it so short? [CD-Action 04/2013, p.78]
  3. Feb 2, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Q Force is not a bad game, but it’s not a great one either. If you are a fan of the franchise there is definitely something here for you however you may be under whelmed.