8.9

1. Dec 11, 2014
    Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (known as Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time in most PAL countries) is a 2009 platformer video game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3. It is the sequel to Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty.
  2. BrettD
    Dec 4, 2009
    It's an okay game if you have nothing else to play. The previous game FTOD was much better though. It had a better script making me laugh often whereas this one I laughed seldom. The new weapons are cool though and I enjoy how insomniac keeps the weapons fresh. I do miss some of the older aspects like more grind rails and the mini games like the hacking the circuit with the sixaxis. It's an okay game if you have nothing else to play. The previous game FTOD was much better though. It had a better script making me laugh often whereas this one I laughed seldom. The new weapons are cool though and I enjoy how insomniac keeps the weapons fresh. I do miss some of the older aspects like more grind rails and the mini games like the hacking the circuit with the sixaxis. Not a terrible game but definitely a rental. Expand
  3. Apr 20, 2012
    To close the Future arc in the Ratchet & Clank series, A Crack in Time is a perfect mix of everything that was best in each previous game of the series. Without sacrificing the fun dialogue, Insomniac created a serious story that explores the past of the main duo and gives them new depth. Ratchet's origins and the fate of the Lombax race and Clank's purpose are intelligently developed asTo close the Future arc in the Ratchet & Clank series, A Crack in Time is a perfect mix of everything that was best in each previous game of the series. Without sacrificing the fun dialogue, Insomniac created a serious story that explores the past of the main duo and gives them new depth. Ratchet's origins and the fate of the Lombax race and Clank's purpose are intelligently developed as the game progresses, powered up by the return of the best villain of the series by far, the mad Doctor Nefarious. Gameplay was improved and Ratchet feels lighter than ever. The soundtrack is great and the new weapons are outstanding even by the series' standards. Firing the Rift Inducer 5000 and seeing your kraken-like monster buddy Fred come out of a black hole to pull in enemies never gets old. Graphics are as colorful as ever, and the breathtaking environments are simply beautiful. Clank has a whole new role to play in the series, and his time-based puzzles are imaginative and challenging without being frustrating. Space travel, planetoid exploration, everything was improved and perfected. A Crack in Time is arguably the best game in this brilliant series. Collapse

1. Same gameplay, new story. More jokes and many new little gadgets make the new part of this series as enjoyable as the older ones. Insomniac Games build on their qualities and do well so.
    This is the last part in the trilogy and has a few new gameplay possibilities. You can use the great new Hooverboots, explore space with your spaceship and you need to find Clank. A great adventure and a truly worthy closing of the trilogy.
    It's not a difficult game, but with bolts, Zoni, Skill Points, holoplans, Constructo Mods, space missions, Trophies and Challenge Mode, there's an abundance of gameplay. It's a robust single player experience, and I particularly love that Insomniac has kept their signature Skill Points, with their own quirky requirements, separate from Trophies.