7.4

1. ScottE
    Jan 31, 2009
    Everything that makes Ratchet and Clank great is still here in this bite-sized portion. The humor, the great characters, the voice acting and of course, the fun! It's a short adventure, but it's great if you just want some classic R&C action without having to commit to a 20 hour quest. Very highly recommended, to fans and newcomers alike.
  2. AaroS
    Sep 2, 2008
    I like it more than Tools of Destruction and Tool of Destruction was also my game of 2007. Gameplay is AWESOME and the new gameplay elements fit perfectly with the theme. Graphics are amazing once again and music is better than before. You can choose your difficulty level between easy and hard. When you have beaten the game you can do it again and find extra weapon upgrades. Needs only I like it more than Tools of Destruction and Tool of Destruction was also my game of 2007. Gameplay is AWESOME and the new gameplay elements fit perfectly with the theme. Graphics are amazing once again and music is better than before. You can choose your difficulty level between easy and hard. When you have beaten the game you can do it again and find extra weapon upgrades. Needs only 2.3GB in USA and 3.2 in Europe. Presentation: 9.6 Design: 9.3 Gameplay: 9.7 Replay: 9.0 Overall: 9.5 Expand
  3. faranrezaei
    Oct 25, 2008
    this quest for booty game is the best game what I ever had playd I have the collection of ratcet & clank I'am so exitement to see the r&c quest for booty in 2009. 2009 will came a new r&c and I will for sure buy it cuz I like the game very much I have buyd all the r&c I've got ps3 and ps2 and xbox360 and also nintendo wii and psp. So I'am so exitement to whait for the newthis quest for booty game is the best game what I ever had playd I have the collection of ratcet & clank I'am so exitement to see the r&c quest for booty in 2009. 2009 will came a new r&c and I will for sure buy it cuz I like the game very much I have buyd all the r&c I've got ps3 and ps2 and xbox360 and also nintendo wii and psp. So I'am so exitement to whait for the new ratchet & clank game in 2009 the first time I liked r&c I was 6 years old. So thats why I like so much ratchet & clank its my favourite GAME! Expand
  4. BrianB.
    Aug 21, 2008
    For a downloadable game, this is the best you'll get. It is a little shorter than I thought but that's very minimal in what Insomniac accomplished. In a game that looks incredible, a more of a puzzle strategy to the game, and was a 2nd priority to Resistance 2, that is pretty jaw dropping. This is what the doctor ordered for the Ratchet and Clank fans to get over that For a downloadable game, this is the best you'll get. It is a little shorter than I thought but that's very minimal in what Insomniac accomplished. In a game that looks incredible, a more of a puzzle strategy to the game, and was a 2nd priority to Resistance 2, that is pretty jaw dropping. This is what the doctor ordered for the Ratchet and Clank fans to get over that **spoiler** cliffhanger of an ending. Expand
  5. JohnS.
    Aug 21, 2008
    Extremely high production values, not as good as Tools of Destruction, but well worth your time if your a Ratchet fan (or a platformer fan).
  6. AndyP.
    Aug 22, 2008
    A solid outing for the lombax, but it doesn't quite match the full game in terms of enjoyment. Quest for booty is more platform oriented than running and gunning oriented. The game does look just as nice as ToD. However the game doesn't translate well into a 4 hour downloadable game compared to a full game. Overall not a bad game and very pleasing at places, but will not fill A solid outing for the lombax, but it doesn't quite match the full game in terms of enjoyment. Quest for booty is more platform oriented than running and gunning oriented. The game does look just as nice as ToD. However the game doesn't translate well into a 4 hour downloadable game compared to a full game. Overall not a bad game and very pleasing at places, but will not fill your apatite for ratchet and clank. I give this 7.5 (fans of the series will also enjoy the ending). Expand
  7. AaronL.
    Aug 23, 2008
    Gameplay is great, Platforming, Puzzles and Beating up the bad guys! It may be short, but its a great addition to the series of Ratchet and Clank.
  8. DamienR
    Nov 21, 2008
    You have to approach this game knowing that its only going to be 3 hrs long to begin with. Thats what a lot of people have a problem with; its too short. Its not an entire R&C game, its simply a small side-tale about the Zoni and Clank's mysterious disappearance. Thats it. Any fan of the R&C games, or even Tools of Destruction alone, will like this game. Just dont sit down expecting You have to approach this game knowing that its only going to be 3 hrs long to begin with. Thats what a lot of people have a problem with; its too short. Its not an entire R&C game, its simply a small side-tale about the Zoni and Clank's mysterious disappearance. Thats it. Any fan of the R&C games, or even Tools of Destruction alone, will like this game. Just dont sit down expecting an adventure thats gonna last forever cause if you know what you're in for then there is absolutely nothing wrong with Quest for Booty. Expand
  9. AaronC.
    Aug 23, 2008
    Great Game! Always fun to play, despite the shortness of the game, overall It is just like the other games of the series only shorter..
  10. Aug 22, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Despite being one of the shortest games I've ever played, Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty is very amazing and amusing. It has incredible graphics, great game play and a funny and interesting plot. But still. Too short, so that's why I'm giving it 8 :) Expand
  11. Apr 27, 2012
    Ratchet & clank: quest for booty is great, really great, but...it's practically the same as its predecessor, and its a bit worse than its predecessor too. Its still a really good game with nice graphics, a comedic script and unique 3rd-person shooter/plat-former/action-adventure/(very loosely) roll playing game play. I want to give it a 9, but its not quite good enough.
  12. Jan 11, 2013
    This was a really good game even tho it was short and it was a good kinda transition between tools of destruction and a crack in time the reason why I gave it a 8 out of 10 is because lots of the parts were hard to see even with the brightness turned right up
  13. Sep 10, 2013
    Sometimes its nice to play threw a simple but well crafted game. The idea of releasing a demi ratchet and clank game at first scared me off however after experiencing Quest for Booty there is little doubt that this was an excellent instalment in the games franchise.
    Short but sweet, Quest for Booty is a step back from the grandness of a normal Ratchet and Clank game, yet retains all of the bolt juicy joy that the games are so famous for. Over a short campaign you will re-join Ratchet, now alone after the mysterious Zoni abduct Clank in the conclusion of Tools of Destruction. As well as picking up on the story, the game also carries on a lot of the previous games mechanics, graphics and general feel. This is by no means a new Ratchet and Clank experience but a 1.2 version of the previous game. This is all right as the style and story of the game is different enough, to make sure it in now way feels a drag. There are however a few positive changes mainly involving Ratchet who now has an upgraded wrench and weapons. Not having clank is a major system shock at first however you quickly make do as your plunder into your pirate filled adventure.
    Oh yes I forgot, this game is Ratchet Vs Ghost Pirates! Surely that IP is enough to get you to out to the shops to pick up such a ridiculous yet entertaining combo of characters.
    There’s little more that needs to be said about this game, in no way is it some kind of major leap forward for the franchise but it doesn’t want to be and neither does it try. Insomniac have delivered a solid instalment, which keeps the thirst for Lombax fuelled adventure parched long enough to get to the next full on Ratchet AND Clank game.
  14. Aug 27, 2014
    It's really nothing different from Tools of Destruction, but it's still a great game. It's a sequel that comes after Tools of Destruction and before A Crack In Time. It controls smoothly, the platforming is great, the story is great, the voice acting is great, and the puzzles are great, and you could even get it for free with Nexus.

Rating 8.1/10. If you're a die hard R&C fan, it may

Rating 8.1/10. If you're a die hard R&C fan, it may not seem to be worth all of what it gets, but it's still a great game, get it on the PSN store or get it if you get the digital offer that comes with Nexus.

Quest for Booty has been designed as a quick four-hour experience and it feels shortchanged because of it. Though its shooting and platforming sequences are fun and of high production, it still seems like there's something missing.
    Quest for Booty's a fine addition to the Ratchet & Clank world, but what should've been a love letter to fans ends up serving better as a taste of what outsiders are missing -- and, as a fan, that makes me just a little bit sad.
  3. Though Quest for Booty, again, isn't a bad game, it's not a good Ratchet game, and in the end that makes for a slightly disappointing and possibly even overpriced offering. With zero replay value and only a few new tricks, this Quest isn't worth taking.