8.8

1. Feb 22, 2013
    I just love this game, even though there is no trophies, the game was fantastic. Even though there is no online, even though there is no multiplayer, these things don't matter when everything else that was included was done superbly, the weapon level ups (except the omni-wrench), the variety of weapons, the humor, etc. Sure the ending wasn't great, but the game play was fantastic. I'd callI just love this game, even though there is no trophies, the game was fantastic. Even though there is no online, even though there is no multiplayer, these things don't matter when everything else that was included was done superbly, the weapon level ups (except the omni-wrench), the variety of weapons, the humor, etc. Sure the ending wasn't great, but the game play was fantastic. I'd call it a fair sized game, even though I beat it in about a week, even so I didn't do absolutely everything (collecting gold bolts, leveling up all weapons, beating the game on challenge mode, etc.) Overall, 8.7/10 (I hope Crack in Time is this good or better) Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2012
    I've been a R&C fan since the first game came out, and I'm still a fan. Tools of Destruction, however, was a bit of a disappointment for me. Over all I still enjoyed the game, but I felt that it was inferior to most of the previous titles. The story line was original, but not very engaging. The gameplay was roughly the same as the old PS2 titles, which is fine, but I feel like theI've been a R&C fan since the first game came out, and I'm still a fan. Tools of Destruction, however, was a bit of a disappointment for me. Over all I still enjoyed the game, but I felt that it was inferior to most of the previous titles. The story line was original, but not very engaging. The gameplay was roughly the same as the old PS2 titles, which is fine, but I feel like the developers should have taken the opportunity to improve. I feel like the weapons and gadgets you can get in the game were all recycled from previous titles. If you're a R&C fan, I would recommend this game simply as a continuation to the series. For everyone else, you may enjoy a single play through, but it doesn't have much replay value. Expand
  3. May 15, 2013
    If you've played Ratchet and Clank 3 think that but shinier on the PS3. The gameplay is essentially the same which is fine because it is a near perfect mix of platforming and shooting. The enemies and planets you visit vary and the story is good to. It also introduces the villian of Captain Slag, a side villian that manages to outdo the game's main antagonist Emperor Tachyon in charm andIf you've played Ratchet and Clank 3 think that but shinier on the PS3. The gameplay is essentially the same which is fine because it is a near perfect mix of platforming and shooting. The enemies and planets you visit vary and the story is good to. It also introduces the villian of Captain Slag, a side villian that manages to outdo the game's main antagonist Emperor Tachyon in charm and making him strangely likeable for a selfish robot space pirate. The weapons are great as always with the massively OP Rhino and Alpha Cannon fun to use. Clanks sections are a bit annoying but nothing major still a great game and is worth playing. Expand
  4. May 24, 2013
    The Ratchet and Clank series has been a childhood favorite of mine, and I felt terrible when the PS3 games came out because I didn't have one back then. Now that I have one, I got this one for my birthday, and I can say this is one; if not the best, Ratchet and clank game. Luckily with the jump to another system the gameplay is still intact, and feels as great as it did back then. TheThe Ratchet and Clank series has been a childhood favorite of mine, and I felt terrible when the PS3 games came out because I didn't have one back then. Now that I have one, I got this one for my birthday, and I can say this is one; if not the best, Ratchet and clank game. Luckily with the jump to another system the gameplay is still intact, and feels as great as it did back then. The animation is pure eye candy, and does not get in the way of playing the game. The animation is so great that it feels like your watching a movie, and being a apart of it only adds more the adventure. Like with all Ratchet and Clank games, there's a lot of weapons to choose from, all with unique abilities. Also the puzzles with motion control are actually very good, sometimes they're difficult, but too much so that it's impossible. With great animation, variety in weapons, and some interesting puzzles. This is one of the best Ratchet and Clank games to date. Expand
  5. Jan 6, 2016
    Tools of Destruction ensured that the Ratchet and Clank franchise was able to produce it's PS2 magic, and only enhance it on the new console. With massively improved graphics, much larger worlds and weapons, and perhaps the best story to date, including some of the best characters, Tools of Destruction demonstrated the franchise was only getting better.
  6. KitF.
    Nov 3, 2007
    As of yet, the greatest looking platformer ever made. That's a tough argument to beat. It's cartoon-style and wide color palette are delightful, and it's humor while at times a bit cliche, is not forced, and is truly funny; something that games nowadays are having a harder and harder time pulling off. The gameplay is an extremely polished revisit to games like Spyro, and As of yet, the greatest looking platformer ever made. That's a tough argument to beat. It's cartoon-style and wide color palette are delightful, and it's humor while at times a bit cliche, is not forced, and is truly funny; something that games nowadays are having a harder and harder time pulling off. The gameplay is an extremely polished revisit to games like Spyro, and Crash. I wasn't a Ratchet fan, but when I saw what this game had to offer, I had to pick it up. It's quality is irrefutable, and the game is executed well. If I had to complain about the game at all, it would be that it wasn't quite long enough. Not to say that it isn't a good length (10-20 hours depending on how many weapons you obsessively upgrade) but in the way that if the game was 60 hours, it still wouldn't be enough. Expand
  7. Dec 17, 2012
    I love Ratchet & Clank, always have and always will, love different weapons and dialogue, great game :) it will keep you busy for a while, and it pretty cheap to buy now as well.
  8. Apr 21, 2011
    i love ratchet and clank and i believe it to be one of the things the Xbox gamers wish they had there are only a couple issues that i had which is why it does not get a perfect score from me. when i bought this game it had been a while since i had played a ratchet & clank game and was excited when this came out and i wasnt disapointed with the good graphics many weapons to use and awsomei love ratchet and clank and i believe it to be one of the things the Xbox gamers wish they had there are only a couple issues that i had which is why it does not get a perfect score from me. when i bought this game it had been a while since i had played a ratchet & clank game and was excited when this came out and i wasnt disapointed with the good graphics many weapons to use and awsome voice acting and laugh out loud moments that make me smile and as always the story is top notch and has a couple twists that you dont see coming. one problem though is the length and although it is an awsome game there is only about 10 hours of game play if you arent trying to get all the skill points and extra figures to get and can easily be compleated in a weekend i wish they had continued to make the games multiplayer to add some replay value. also the extra battle items i found to be next to useless as i almost never used them except for the Mr Zurkon and i think they could have just left these out. you should not miss out on this game and you will be playing through it a couple times so you should defenatly pick this up Expand
  9. LouisP.
    Jul 27, 2008
    Decent game. Not as much fun as the previous R&C titles. I even lost interest before beating the game once. The weapons include some new stuff, but a lot of completely useless junk. The weapons are only rarely useful for specific enemies, other than that, not much strategy is involved.. just fire away. This worked fine for me in previous games, but here it just gets boring for some Decent game. Not as much fun as the previous R&C titles. I even lost interest before beating the game once. The weapons include some new stuff, but a lot of completely useless junk. The weapons are only rarely useful for specific enemies, other than that, not much strategy is involved.. just fire away. This worked fine for me in previous games, but here it just gets boring for some reason. I don't like the bosses, its not like you have to find a weakness or anything... just empty clip after clip of ammunition on them... heck, the first space boss could even be defeated by flying around in the same clockwise circle on the screen non-stop, while holding down the firing button... boring. There's also numorous little glitches like u can get stuck while walking on different objects (rocks and other scenery). The story held me interested for a couple of hours, and then i just thought screw it. It's not a bad game though, i just feel a need so complain over everything i dislike about it, when all other critics give it 9 or 10. Collapse
  10. PatM.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Decent game, but not worth the 9 it is getting. It is lacking in replayability, and online capabilities.
  11. SeanZ.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Meh, it is just like all of the other ratchet and clank games, which isnt' exactly a bad thing, but i just feel like this game has been beaten into submission, even with the upped graphics.
  12. MartinA.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I think R&C was boring and annoying.
  13. MartB.
    Oct 28, 2007
    Might shift a few consoles to 10y olds who might find it challenging in short too easy and very little replayability.
  14. Jan
    Oct 24, 2007
    Too easy, too short, mediocre Storyline, no Multiplayer, no long time value.
  15. JoeS.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Ratchet and Clank games in general aren't good, but this is particularly bad. Horrible story, and the gameplay manages to be worse than usual.
  16. JasonM
    Nov 7, 2009
    I don't know what people see in this game. I guess it's made for kids, because the gameplay is just repetitive shooting....over and over and over, just shooting enemies. Nothing interesting about it. Why is this thing getting such good reviews?
  17. DanielF.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Looks nice but very boring...has a life span of 10 minutes before you yawn and turn the game off. Been there done that is all you can say...another poor poor next gen game. Avarage at best.
  18. FACT
    Nov 18, 2007
    Another over-hyped PS3 game. Gameplay is broken and graphics are ugly in their own special way. I would only recommend this to little kids too young to realize that it's crap.
  19. MichelleT.
    Dec 14, 2007
    Broken game. It corrupts save files at will and there is an interesting glitch I just found where a blank screen with white text appears, making the rest of it unplayable (I'm currently stuck, the black on white pops up and I cannot play it anymore). Unforgivable! Older games didn't break this way - why do all these new $60+ games come out "unfinished"?
  20. Mar 27, 2015
    Ratchet and Clank is a beloved series on the PS2 and PS3 and the Future games are totally awesome. My daughter and I love the series! It's not coop but you can still enjoy it together.
  21. Nov 13, 2010
    When I first played this, I was amazed, it had been years before I had played a new Ratchet and Clank. It has earned the top of my favourite games list, respect it and treat it well, I have.
  22. Aug 22, 2011
    Accidentally gave my review a 10 when I meant to give it a 5.

/150
    Accidentally gave my review a 10 when I meant to give it a 5.

/150 char............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  23. JohnH.
    Dec 31, 2007
    These two characters never fail. Great platformer with the usual mix of shooting and puzzles. Can be enjoyed by gamers of all ages.
  24. NikH.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Not ever have I seen such beautiful graphics to complement outrageously fun gameplay. I have always been a fan of Ratchet and Clank, and after Deadlocked, I wasn't looking that forward to this one. But the minute I shot my combuster, I was taken.. Simply brilliant. Multiplayer has never been truly needed in these games, but it is a nice touch and could be added as a patch I might Not ever have I seen such beautiful graphics to complement outrageously fun gameplay. I have always been a fan of Ratchet and Clank, and after Deadlocked, I wasn't looking that forward to this one. But the minute I shot my combuster, I was taken.. Simply brilliant. Multiplayer has never been truly needed in these games, but it is a nice touch and could be added as a patch I might believe. Insomniac, keep it up! Expand
  25. ToddJ.
    Oct 30, 2007
    This game is just plain fun and an absolute joy to look at. I've not had this much fun playing a video game in years. My two year old daughter watches along with me (and tries to play herself) and keeps saying "Monsters dance!" I dowloaded the demo just to check it out, not expecting to like it. After playing through the demo four times I immediately bought the game. I have never This game is just plain fun and an absolute joy to look at. I've not had this much fun playing a video game in years. My two year old daughter watches along with me (and tries to play herself) and keeps saying "Monsters dance!" I dowloaded the demo just to check it out, not expecting to like it. After playing through the demo four times I immediately bought the game. I have never played a Ratchet & Clank game before, but after this I plan to pick up the PSP version and possibly more. All of the game players in our house (including the hardcore WoW players) are now hooked on this game. Expand
  26. MattJ.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Great Game The story so funny and it kinda long so you get to enjoy your weapons and get your money worth there so many weapons and there all fun to use and when you upgrade your weapon they get better and look cooler great game if anyone wants a long game to play with tons of laughs and tons of weapons every PS3 owner should have this game.
  27. MatthewJenkins
    Aug 6, 2009
    Not sure what to expect from the front cover. Big surprise! Imagine playing in 'Toy Story' and this is it. Funny characters lots of explosions weapons galore and many upgrades. Between planets/chapers the game becomes a shoot 'em up. Puzzles to solve. The whole works. Best £20 spent for a long time.
  28. LuisL.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Best game so far for PS3. Fantastic presentation and pacing makes this a great title. There's always more upgrades to keep you playing, and while the first play-through is a little on the easy side, the challenge mode unlocked after the first play-through is challenging, with upgraded weapons.
  29. AdamA.
    Nov 3, 2007
    This game is, quite simply, fun to play. The weapons are cool, the worlds are colorful, and the action will keep players coming back for more. In a world where multiplayer is king, that's saying something. There are a few rough spots, however. Some of the cutscenes seemed unpolished, and a sparse few bugs (like falling through a level) kept ot from a higher score. Fantastic work all This game is, quite simply, fun to play. The weapons are cool, the worlds are colorful, and the action will keep players coming back for more. In a world where multiplayer is king, that's saying something. There are a few rough spots, however. Some of the cutscenes seemed unpolished, and a sparse few bugs (like falling through a level) kept ot from a higher score. Fantastic work all the same, though, I can't wait for the sequel. Expand
  30. Johigglesvash
    Nov 9, 2007
    Nearly flawless in execution and purpose. The only failings of this game involve the motion controls, particularly of the tornado gun.

1. Given the series orientation towards multiplayer in the final chapters on the PS2, it's quite surprising to find Tools of Destruction a solely single-player experience. With a handful of mini-games Tools of Destruction can be rushed through over a weekend, with the only real replay value stemming from Insomniac's traditional selection of Skill Point challenges to achieve on every level.
  2. The single best game you can find on the PlayStation 3 right now, and at the end of the day, it's the best in the series. If you own a PS3, you need this game in your library. It is the absolutely definition of a must-have title, and right now is the front-runner as game of the year, hands down.
    Not only one of the best looking PlayStation 3 games, it's incredibly enjoyable, with some excellent weapons and some brilliant action set pieces.