8.8

1. NikH.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Not ever have I seen such beautiful graphics to complement outrageously fun gameplay. I have always been a fan of Ratchet and Clank, and after Deadlocked, I wasn't looking that forward to this one. But the minute I shot my combuster, I was taken.. Simply brilliant. Multiplayer has never been truly needed in these games, but it is a nice touch and could be added as a patch I might Not ever have I seen such beautiful graphics to complement outrageously fun gameplay. I have always been a fan of Ratchet and Clank, and after Deadlocked, I wasn't looking that forward to this one. But the minute I shot my combuster, I was taken.. Simply brilliant. Multiplayer has never been truly needed in these games, but it is a nice touch and could be added as a patch I might believe. Insomniac, keep it up! Expand
  2. ToddJ.
    Oct 30, 2007
    This game is just plain fun and an absolute joy to look at. I've not had this much fun playing a video game in years. My two year old daughter watches along with me (and tries to play herself) and keeps saying "Monsters dance!" I dowloaded the demo just to check it out, not expecting to like it. After playing through the demo four times I immediately bought the game. I have never This game is just plain fun and an absolute joy to look at. I've not had this much fun playing a video game in years. My two year old daughter watches along with me (and tries to play herself) and keeps saying "Monsters dance!" I dowloaded the demo just to check it out, not expecting to like it. After playing through the demo four times I immediately bought the game. I have never played a Ratchet & Clank game before, but after this I plan to pick up the PSP version and possibly more. All of the game players in our house (including the hardcore WoW players) are now hooked on this game. Expand
  3. MattJ.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Great Game The story so funny and it kinda long so you get to enjoy your weapons and get your money worth there so many weapons and there all fun to use and when you upgrade your weapon they get better and look cooler great game if anyone wants a long game to play with tons of laughs and tons of weapons every PS3 owner should have this game.
  4. MatthewJenkins
    Aug 6, 2009
    Not sure what to expect from the front cover. Big surprise! Imagine playing in 'Toy Story' and this is it. Funny characters lots of explosions weapons galore and many upgrades. Between planets/chapers the game becomes a shoot 'em up. Puzzles to solve. The whole works. Best £20 spent for a long time.
  5. LuisL.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Best game so far for PS3. Fantastic presentation and pacing makes this a great title. There's always more upgrades to keep you playing, and while the first play-through is a little on the easy side, the challenge mode unlocked after the first play-through is challenging, with upgraded weapons.
  6. KitF.
    Nov 3, 2007
    As of yet, the greatest looking platformer ever made. That's a tough argument to beat. It's cartoon-style and wide color palette are delightful, and it's humor while at times a bit cliche, is not forced, and is truly funny; something that games nowadays are having a harder and harder time pulling off. The gameplay is an extremely polished revisit to games like Spyro, and As of yet, the greatest looking platformer ever made. That's a tough argument to beat. It's cartoon-style and wide color palette are delightful, and it's humor while at times a bit cliche, is not forced, and is truly funny; something that games nowadays are having a harder and harder time pulling off. The gameplay is an extremely polished revisit to games like Spyro, and Crash. I wasn't a Ratchet fan, but when I saw what this game had to offer, I had to pick it up. It's quality is irrefutable, and the game is executed well. If I had to complain about the game at all, it would be that it wasn't quite long enough. Not to say that it isn't a good length (10-20 hours depending on how many weapons you obsessively upgrade) but in the way that if the game was 60 hours, it still wouldn't be enough. Expand
  7. MeNope
    Oct 24, 2007
    The game is awesome, the story is top-notch, the graphics look jav-dropping, the voice casting is nailed, the gameplay is superb, what more does a game need.
  8. JaakkoH.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Absolutely stunning game. I knew what to expect, but I didn´t know how well the game presented itself. Very nice return to Ratchet and Clank frmo Insomniac.
  9. JohnK.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Not sure what's up with Gamespot's review of this game. I am definitely starting to get an anti-PS3 vibe from their articles. Their only complaints were that they thought the game was too easy, that they thought there were too many mini-games, and that the ending is a cliff-hanger? Didn't seem to hurt their reviews of Bioshock, Halo 3 or Metroid Prime 3 (which are all Not sure what's up with Gamespot's review of this game. I am definitely starting to get an anti-PS3 vibe from their articles. Their only complaints were that they thought the game was too easy, that they thought there were too many mini-games, and that the ending is a cliff-hanger? Didn't seem to hurt their reviews of Bioshock, Halo 3 or Metroid Prime 3 (which are all awesome games deserving of their high reviews, just like this game deserves the high reviews it received from the other reviewers). Gamespot's review is really off base on this one and unfairly takes down the metascore for this game. Ratchet and Clank Future is AWESOME, and is the best game on the PS3 to date!! If you liked the prior Ratchet and Clank games on PS2, you will love this game! It is a great adventure, and it is tons of fun with lots of great humor along the way. The graphics will really knock your socks off, and if you think the game is too easy, complete it and do it again on the harder setting (just as I did for Bioshock). Obviously this is a much more lighthearted adventure, but this game is right up there with Bioshock, Halo 3 and Metroid Prime 3 for game of the year!!! Expand
  10. Bret
    Oct 29, 2007
    Best looking PS3 game bar none. It's got a sense of humor and is fun.
  11. canberysimon
    Jan 1, 2008
    this game is the bomb! FACT u stink!!!!!!! im 36 and i loved the whole lot of em this ones my favourite!!!! now i dont know bout' you guys but this game deserves 10 just like F.E.A.R!!!! and any of you play runescape my usernames warkiller770 no caps or spaces. cya l8R
  12. StevenC.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Excellent game in all respects. There simply aren't enough games like this on the market. Game play is intuitive and enjoyable and there are plenty of laughs in the cut scenes and various weapons and gadgets.
  13. DanishA.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Awesome graphics and gameplay. I would hate to see somebody not buy this awesome game. The weapons are great and this game would take a long time to beat. The boss battles are challenging and great. I would say this game should be one of the greatest games of the year.
  14. JasonW.
    Feb 3, 2008
    This is and excellent game. One of the top five for the Playstation 3. Great replay vaule with challenge mode. The graphics are amazing Insomniac did it again.
  15. BruceB.
    Apr 1, 2008
    No need to say much here. This one is a must own if you have a PS3! Best graphics on the system to date. It is like playing in a Pixar movie.
  16. HughJ.
    Jun 9, 2008
    Amazing gameplay, graphics and story. Xbox may have Bioshock, Halo and Crysis, but it will never have anything that can compete with this.
  17. DanO.
    Aug 24, 2008
    Just got this amazing game for £20 but feel as though I should have paid more. Absolutely great platforming and shooting mechanics, brilliant humour and pixar-esque hd visuals will leave you wanting to play again and again. For my money its the best ratchet and clank game to date and one of the best games the ps3 has to offer. Needless to say I'm downloading Quest for booty Just got this amazing game for £20 but feel as though I should have paid more. Absolutely great platforming and shooting mechanics, brilliant humour and pixar-esque hd visuals will leave you wanting to play again and again. For my money its the best ratchet and clank game to date and one of the best games the ps3 has to offer. Needless to say I'm downloading Quest for booty right know to see how the plot develops. Expand
  18. GaryCarr
    Jul 1, 2009
    I've been buying the Ratchet and Clank gamers from the start, and as always, this game is amazing. The graphics are polished and really sets a high standard for other games to follow, the sound and storyline are excellent, the game is massive and challenging, and it has kept it's amazing weapons, great voice acting and brilliant sense of humour. I'd recommend this toI've been buying the Ratchet and Clank gamers from the start, and as always, this game is amazing. The graphics are polished and really sets a high standard for other games to follow, the sound and storyline are excellent, the game is massive and challenging, and it has kept it's amazing weapons, great voice acting and brilliant sense of humour. I'd recommend this to anyone, even if you're not a big fan of platform games. Can't wait for the next one later this year Expand
  19. JayM.
    Nov 10, 2007
    Great sense of humor that is designed both on younger kids and adults sense of humor. If you enjoy the previous installments you should enjoy this one. If you are more biased towards adult fps then I doubt your enjoy this title as much.
  20. ToddD.
    Nov 11, 2007
    This game improves on an already established AAA IP, the graphics are great the gamplay and controls impoved and is fun for kids and adults alike.
  21. HermanA.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Awesome game, every game does not need multiplayer.
  22. JoeD.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Ratchet and Clank is a beautiful game with amazing gameplay. This a must have for all PS3 owners.
  23. GiorgosD.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Best Ratchet And Clank game ever builded. Just what PS3 gamers needed. All the good stuff from it's ancestors are here. I suppoce that's playable from older ones mostly! Still PS3 needs more games like this.
  24. BaderN.
    Dec 2, 2007
    This game is one of the most addictive games i ever played, even though its easy on the first run still you will find your self going back to play this incredibly amazing looking game, also the ending is not as some reviewers say is bad since R&C:ToD 2 is confirmed.
  25. D.G.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Game looks incredible. Gameplay is super fun. Dialogue is quite hilarious.
  26. Stryydr
    Oct 23, 2007
    Awesome game. Really showing what class is all about.
  27. JeffH.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Nothing really to say, great graphics, great gameplay, awesome weapons, all wrapped up in the nice bundle we all know and love as the Ratchet & Clank series. The improvements made to the game, in my opinion, have elevated the platformer genre once again. R&CF:ToD is everything a good game should be.
  28. DylanN.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Ratchet and Clank is awesome, and this one is the best yet. Possibly the first game that really makes you say "Wow... that's what Sony was on about when they were bragging about the Cell".
  29. AdamK.
    Oct 24, 2007
    I have been a fan of the R & C series since the beginning and have yet to be disappointed. Insomniac has found a way to mix platforming, free roaming, and shooting in a way that continues to be addicting and original year after year. Tools of Destruction appears to be another "platinum bolt" in Insomniac's already impressive repetouire of games, and long time fans of the franchise I have been a fan of the R & C series since the beginning and have yet to be disappointed. Insomniac has found a way to mix platforming, free roaming, and shooting in a way that continues to be addicting and original year after year. Tools of Destruction appears to be another "platinum bolt" in Insomniac's already impressive repetouire of games, and long time fans of the franchise are certainly anxious to get their hands on the crazy weapons and gadgets that have lead the franchise to overwhelming success. However, for those who have never played a R & C game before, Tools of Destruction seems like a pretty good place to start, considering insomniac's uncanny ability to tie up loose ends from the previous titles, while at the same time creating a whacky new stroyline with boatloads of comical humor along the way. Not only is this game perfect, it's Qwarktastic! Expand
  30. Ditani
    Oct 24, 2007
    A game that needs to be played, throwing a groovy grenade will put a smile on your face eveytime.
  31. RobertH.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Best in the series in my opinion. It is the only game in the series that gave enough appeal for me to actually want to buy it, fun game play, great control, and highly entertaining with beautiful astetics...couldnt ask for more.
  32. HenriqueS.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Fun platforming, great weapons and the story is fun as in any R&C game.
  33. ShaunL.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Absolutely stunning game. Plenty of stuff to do and is tons of fun!
  34. NR
    Oct 25, 2007
    Once you start you just can't stop. Addictive, fun, and so much to do. Easily the best Ratchet and Clank yet.
  35. RashadS.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Very good game. Im so impressed with the amount of content. Obviously the graphics are amazing. Gameplay is perfect.
  36. EduardoR.
    Oct 25, 2007
    When it comes to graphics; Very few games are a colorful and beautiful as R&C. The different game mechanics that have been included in the game make it varied and interesting to play; the controls are responsive and easy to master. This is definitely a "Must Have" game for PS3 owners.
  37. PeterC.
    Oct 25, 2007
    The presentation is absolutely phenomenal. Graphics, Sound, Controls are all spot on. Yes a lack of multiplayer is unfortunate, but Insomniac even said themselves that the reason they left it out was because not many people participated in the multiplayer in the previous titles. An excellent game overall and a AAA title for the PS3. Get it!
  38. JoshD.
    Oct 27, 2007
    Insomniac fixes what they needed to from Deadlocked. This game is GREAT.
  39. MezzasalmaFicarotta
    Oct 27, 2007
    This game is wonderful. I am completely without sleep this morning because I couldn't put the game down. The graphics are beautiful (the best I've seen on any system). The controls are perfect, and the gameplay is very fun. I'm glad that Insomniac didn't change the way Ratchet controls since it was great before. why change a good thing? One thing that makes me crazy... This game is wonderful. I am completely without sleep this morning because I couldn't put the game down. The graphics are beautiful (the best I've seen on any system). The controls are perfect, and the gameplay is very fun. I'm glad that Insomniac didn't change the way Ratchet controls since it was great before. why change a good thing? One thing that makes me crazy... How does a game that looks so good run at such a good frame rate? 60fps most of the time. Gamespot & Gamespy. Both unprofessional reviews and the writing style is worse than mine (English is my 2nd language). Gamespot punishes Ratchet for having too many things to do. what??? when is that bad? HP Hurh... oh dear... There are many people upset about the Gamespot reviews, but, I am more disappointed with yours. What you say about the game is at many times not even accurate. You give the framerate large dings. (apparent in your score). Since when did a game that looked this beautiful and run soooooo damnnn fast seem like it's slowing down? How many other games that don't even come close to these graphics run 30fps or worse most of the time? Gamespot and Gamespy. I question your motives, professionalism, credibility, and most of all education. Expand
  40. ShaneS.
    Oct 28, 2007
    This game is definatly the best in the series, it delivers the Ratchet & Clank universe with perfection to fans of the series, and if you arn't a fan you will be!
  41. RyanS.
    Oct 28, 2007
    Just gone done playing through this game on the regular game, and I will admit, yes. Its easy until you get to the last set of bosses, which required me to save up on the BFG 9000 (Alpha Disruptor/Cannon to the rest of you guys) until the last 25/50% of the bosses health. There isn't a single hiccup/lag in the game, and with the graphics, the frame rate didn't slow down to a Just gone done playing through this game on the regular game, and I will admit, yes. Its easy until you get to the last set of bosses, which required me to save up on the BFG 9000 (Alpha Disruptor/Cannon to the rest of you guys) until the last 25/50% of the bosses health. There isn't a single hiccup/lag in the game, and with the graphics, the frame rate didn't slow down to a notice able frame rate, and if it did, it didn't go below 24 FPS [Which is what the eye can notice... form what I've heard]. The series is everything you've found and loved in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. Changed to a point where you need NO BACKSTORY [Which is why its called Ratchet and Clank Future] so people who liked Fall of Resistance can pick up on Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD without having to worry about details from the last couple of games (Though, tidbits referring to previous series are there for old time fans). And to people complaining about multiplayer. Please, please, PLEASE refer to the first two Ratchet and Clank games, every platforming Mario game (Besides the Mario Bros. Arcade game), Jak (2 and 3) and Daxter, AND every Sonic-related platform game. No Multiplayer didn't stop them from becoming great replayable games, now did they? In short: Awesome graphics that we'd expect from a 7th Generation game. The detailing of every landscape in this game /will/ make your jaw drop. Fantastic humorous relief, and something I'd recommend to someone on the PS3. Oh yes, and if you're worried about the SIXAXIS controls, don't worry. I assure you, they work as well as the Wii's stick wagging does on Wii Sports. They aren't as sensitive as Motocross or Heavenly Sword, not are they too tight when you have to turn your body upside down. Expand
  42. MasterB.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Best game on the PS3 to date. Only played the first game, but decided to try the game again cause it looks so fricken good. Best decision I made. Gameplay is so much fun and simple without being too serious. But the game mechanics are varied with the multitude of weapons/gadgets/devices to make the gameplay varied. Story is interesting and the voice acting is very well done. The graphics Best game on the PS3 to date. Only played the first game, but decided to try the game again cause it looks so fricken good. Best decision I made. Gameplay is so much fun and simple without being too serious. But the game mechanics are varied with the multitude of weapons/gadgets/devices to make the gameplay varied. Story is interesting and the voice acting is very well done. The graphics alone is worth the price of admission. Every PS3 owner needs to have this game in their collection. Expand
  43. Duke
    Oct 31, 2007
    Who says a game has to be hard to be good? this game is loads of fun. top notch graphics and hilarious story. the best ratchet yet.
  44. SakariS.
    Jan 19, 2008
    There are no better games! Fantastic gameplay and very long. Of course, there's still The Challenge Mode, which is much harder. the Best game of 2007 for sure!
  45. J.J.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Fun unique and well done! The story and controls are fun and will engage you from start to finish!
  46. MatthewH.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This game delivered on everything Insomniac promised, and more. While the motion-controls in some areas of the game are sub-par, it doesn't take away from the experience hardly at all. Those parts of the game are still very fun, even if the controls are sluggish. Insomniac continues to outdo itself over and over, and this is definitely a reason for consumers to purchase a PS3.
    Nov 29, 2007
    Oustanding graphics and fun old school game play
  48. AaroS.
    Dec 21, 2007
    This is it! The best PS3 game! Graphics, gameplay, sound, music and just everything is soo polished and fantastic! If you do not own this game yet then go out and buy it NOW!
  49. LennyM.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Stunning visuals,almost up to pixar par graphics! immersive gameplay, amazing singleplayer, must have!!!
  50. John
    Oct 24, 2007
    A beautiful, fun, and addicting addition to an already exceptional game series. A must own for any PS3 owner.
  51. CAM
    Oct 24, 2007
    A great addition to the Ratchet and Clank series. This game has fast and fluid gameplay, taut suspense, and breathtaking visuals that stun the eyes and dazzle the senses.
  52. AndyK.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Beautiful next-gen visuals, 60 frames per second. Definitely the best-looking console game on the market.
  53. Unclebreakfast
    Oct 26, 2007
    To the admins at metacritic, I suggest you re-examine the weighting you have associated with Gamespot's reviews....I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people who have played this game would tell you their review is way off base and has skewed the metascore lower than it deserves. They gave Conan the same score as R&C ffs...nuff said.
  54. Mooncalf
    Oct 26, 2007
    The best! Games spot seems to have forgotten that everygame doesn't have to be a FPS or a real time stratergy to be great. At the end of the day it is how much fun it is to play and this game delivers
  55. WarrenC.
    Jan 21, 2008
    In my top three games of 2007 (right under Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock). It's a a great breath of fresh air in a year packed with dark shooters.
  56. GarrettS.
    Apr 17, 2008
    Perfection. Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools Of Destruction feels like a sream. Not only is the gameplay absoloutly brilliant but there are times when you just have to put your weapon (s) down and look at the environment your playing in. The concepts in this game are truly breathtaking. I very much indeed look forward to the next installment because if it is anything like this one, it Perfection. Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools Of Destruction feels like a sream. Not only is the gameplay absoloutly brilliant but there are times when you just have to put your weapon (s) down and look at the environment your playing in. The concepts in this game are truly breathtaking. I very much indeed look forward to the next installment because if it is anything like this one, it should be a law to own it. Oh....and dont be scared off by the occasional glitch...I think that one floating box can be excused seeing as how it is floating in a flawless world that is Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Distruction. Expand
  57. NathanSmit
    Nov 14, 2007
    This game is defenetly the best game of all time by very far!!!!! I have been a fan of the game since the begining and i still have all the games on ps2 and this new R&C 5 (TOD) is by far the best game i have played so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  58. Mar 27, 2015
    Ratchet and Clank is a beloved series on the PS2 and PS3 and the Future games are totally awesome. My daughter and I love the series! It's not coop but you can still enjoy it together.
  59. Sep 13, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank is a very good game. It has good graphics and is very entertaining. When I started playing Ratchet and Clank I didnâ
  60. Nov 13, 2010
    When I first played this, I was amazed, it had been years before I had played a new Ratchet and Clank. It has earned the top of my favourite games list, respect it and treat it well, I have.
  61. Jun 17, 2012
    Amazing graphics, perfect controls, and a variety of incredibly powerful and unique weapons make this an amazing game for anyone to enjoy. If you've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before, you will most likely love this game, but if you have played the series before, you will still love it, but it may feel a bit stale. The lovable characters, great story, and outrageous weapons willAmazing graphics, perfect controls, and a variety of incredibly powerful and unique weapons make this an amazing game for anyone to enjoy. If you've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before, you will most likely love this game, but if you have played the series before, you will still love it, but it may feel a bit stale. The lovable characters, great story, and outrageous weapons will infatuate newcomers, while the old formula could turn off long-time fans of the series who would like to see some change. The fighting and exploring style of the game is great, but it could end up feeling like you've played the game before. This is really the only issue with the game (if that's a problem for you, and personally I'd be fine if they made a million games with the same style) so if you still love running around slaughtering your enemies with a vast array of crazy weapons, then this is definitely the game for you. If this fighting style is just too old for you, then maybe you would be better off with Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. Expand
  62. Sep 11, 2012
    This game is wonderful. Tools of Destruction definetly has some of the best weapons in the series. The graphics truly make the game look like a movie. and it has a great story. big replay value.
  63. Dec 23, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank are always of those games where you never get tired of playing.
  64. Oct 19, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction really has a number of good remarks. For one, the graphics (especially for a game made in 2007) are absolutely mind blowing. The gameplay combines a shooter, a platformer, an rpg, and even is a bit of a puzzle game! The story is absolutely engaging to all gamers of all ages and has a nice control interface. In conclusion, this game blew my mind!
  65. JohnH.
    Dec 31, 2007
    These two characters never fail. Great platformer with the usual mix of shooting and puzzles. Can be enjoyed by gamers of all ages.
  66. Johigglesvash
    Nov 9, 2007
    Nearly flawless in execution and purpose. The only failings of this game involve the motion controls, particularly of the tornado gun.
  67. JosephS.
    Oct 26, 2007
    The same great combat/platforming action we have come to expect from this franchise, but with a few new weapons and gadgets.
  68. MikeW.
    Feb 16, 2008
    This is a seriously fun game. And the coolest thing is that its a game everyone can get into. If you're a hardcore gamer you can take a break with this and have some fun, and be entertained and possibly challenged. If you aren't a serious gamer you will love this game. My wife isn't a serious gamer and beat it before I did. She loved it, you will too.
  69. JasonL..
    Feb 19, 2008
    Another great installment in a series that never disappoints. The game looks great, plays great and has great replay value (being able to bump of the difficulty and replay it with all your weapons and then buy roided out versions of the weapons you already have the second time through). The reason I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it looses a point for lack of muliplayer. The last Another great installment in a series that never disappoints. The game looks great, plays great and has great replay value (being able to bump of the difficulty and replay it with all your weapons and then buy roided out versions of the weapons you already have the second time through). The reason I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it looses a point for lack of muliplayer. The last installment had a promising multiplayer component but instead of giving it some TLC and turning it into a great multiplayer experience it has been removed from the game entirely. When will Sony get it together and start releasing these exclusive games with muliplayer or co-op modes? Drake's Fortune is another game that suffers from this same problem. Ultimately though another great installment in the Ratchet and Clank Series. Not as good as Up Your Aresnal but a game I would call a must have for any game fan. Expand
  70. andrewb
    Nov 13, 2009
    This game is amazing the graphics are brilliant the gameplay is brilliant with plenty of great guns like predator launcher, buzz blades, and my favourite negotiator. Very funny and great story line. So why not 10 the ceckpoints are way to far apart so gets quite annoying but if you look past that it is amazing. any ps3 owners should buy this game
  71. VitSavicky
    Aug 6, 2009
    Jokes are like salt. If you add too much it's ruined. If you add too few, it's just not good. Insomniac Games found the right amount and serve it with style. I admit it's getting a bit repetitive in the end, but the variety of 'tools of destruction' is making up for it. It's a game-play experience that you should not miss.
  72. B.S.M.
    Dec 26, 2007
    First time really sitting down with a Ratchet & Clank game, and I enjoyed every hour of it. This game even had me wanting to go through it again to really max out my weapons only available the 2nd time through. This is a terrific game for gamers who haven't played a previous one through before.
  73. EricS.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Super Solid Graphics. Super Solid Gameplay.Honestly commical script. The best of the series leaves you with never a dull moment and awesome action. A must buy for series fans and any owner of a PS3 who's into playing a truely and honestly fun experience.
  74. BrodenW.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Incredible game, great addition to the series.
  75. JackC.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Like any Ratchet & Clank game, you get so much bang for your buck. For example, the weapon library puts Half Life 2 to shame. The environments with the plants moving, and the birds flying around really puts GTA IV to shame. Ratchets fur puts Uncharteds skin textures to shame at times as well. I mean, last time I felt like this about graphics was when I watched 'Ratatoulie' at Like any Ratchet & Clank game, you get so much bang for your buck. For example, the weapon library puts Half Life 2 to shame. The environments with the plants moving, and the birds flying around really puts GTA IV to shame. Ratchets fur puts Uncharteds skin textures to shame at times as well. I mean, last time I felt like this about graphics was when I watched 'Ratatoulie' at the biggest screen in my local cinema. If this was a movie, it would be a tripple A easily. Now, of course I'm not just going to judge it by graphics, because then I'm missing the point of the actual playing part. The gameplay is smooth, immersive and always action packed. Just short of a 10 because the auto aiming system feels broke, and when you fire a blaster bullet into an enemy, you really don't feel the "Oomph" of say Call Of Duty 4. The voice acting and story are absaloute peices of gold, though can feel a bit repetative at times. Graphics: 10 Gameplay:9 Story: 9 Audio: 10 So I'd probably give this a 9 in total. Expand
  76. LeonL.
    Mar 19, 2008
    One of the best game for PS3. I'll give a full point for graphic. Game play is fun and it's very easy to pick up. I wish the game can be longer and have a more challenging mode. Highly recommended.
  77. JamieC.
    Jul 27, 2008
    A fun and natural sequel to the R&C series, this one is a must-have for PS3 owners who are into 3D platformers.
  78. Brian
    Nov 27, 2007
    This game is a lot of fun. Despite the fact that the game is pretty easy, I never found myself bored playing it.
  79. RichardK.
    Nov 4, 2007
    Easily the best looking game on the console, despite not being "True HD." (If you buy into all that nonsense, anyhow). Anyone docking points for lack of multiplayer obviously is very inexperienced in the gaming media, because this game has never pretended to have or implied to have multiplayer/online capabilities. It's comparable to docking a Mario game for not having guns, or an RPG Easily the best looking game on the console, despite not being "True HD." (If you buy into all that nonsense, anyhow). Anyone docking points for lack of multiplayer obviously is very inexperienced in the gaming media, because this game has never pretended to have or implied to have multiplayer/online capabilities. It's comparable to docking a Mario game for not having guns, or an RPG for not having platforming. It is a great single-player game with a decent amount of replayability (challenge mode, anyone?). Not to mention that despite the normal objectives being fairly simple to complete, obtaining all the skill points and unlockables require a much more proficient hand at platforming, and gaming in general. The humor and voice acting is outstanding, and the production value really shows. Insominac has done a tremendous job with this game, pushing the envelope once again from a technical standpoint. Expand
  80. Jason
    Dec 12, 2007
    This is a superb game. It's game play is excellent. The graphics are stunning. The plot, while thin, is at time hilarious. As always, the level design is top notch. It does, perhaps, lack some of the variety of previous iterations.
  81. Agent-A20
    Dec 30, 2007
    This is great gamemaking. It is fresh to the senses and alive with color, totally invigorating. You will marvel at the level of visual accomplishment but thats not where it ends. The game's pacing is sharp and its pieces many. There is much fun to be had. This masterpiece should not be passed on.
  82. KathleenC.
    Oct 27, 2007
    More of the same Ratchet&Clank, but that's certainly not a bad thing. Great graphics, great sound, great controls. The plot could have been fleshed out a little more, but this game is so much fun that you'll hardly notice. Sure there's no multiplayer, but we have Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked for that. It's not perfect, but if you have a PS3 why would you willingly More of the same Ratchet&Clank, but that's certainly not a bad thing. Great graphics, great sound, great controls. The plot could have been fleshed out a little more, but this game is so much fun that you'll hardly notice. Sure there's no multiplayer, but we have Up Your Arsenal and Deadlocked for that. It's not perfect, but if you have a PS3 why would you willingly miss out on this? Expand
  83. E.Boy
    Oct 28, 2007
    Have to say any score below around 85% seems odd for this game. Scoring down on MP doesn't seem right to me as its up to each game to decide if it is SP, MP or both. If a game is only SP it should be reviewed as such. By the logic of most of the lower reviews then Bioshock should be scored around 75% to 80% as well due to lack of MP.
    Judged purely on its own content there is
    Judged purely on its own content there is almost nothing wrong with this game, and for myself I'd score it 95%
  84. MasJ.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Nice graphics, good story and interesting locations. Creative and the boss battles are just right. I rented it, finished it in about 10 hours and definitely feel I had my money's worth of entertainment.
  85. IanR.
    Jan 28, 2008
    This game is seriously fun, I completed it 3 times back to back and still wasn't bored of it. I bought this game as a bit of a gamble, hoping it would take me back to my much loved platform gaming days and it didn't disappoint. The range of weapons is awsome and it looks fantastic, incredible colour and graphics especially in HD. You may need some help to find all of the golden This game is seriously fun, I completed it 3 times back to back and still wasn't bored of it. I bought this game as a bit of a gamble, hoping it would take me back to my much loved platform gaming days and it didn't disappoint. The range of weapons is awsome and it looks fantastic, incredible colour and graphics especially in HD. You may need some help to find all of the golden bolts and holo plans (for the Ryno weapon) as they are scattered throughout the galaxy, but all in all one of the best games out on PS3 at the moment. Expand
  86. JeremyN.
    Mar 31, 2008
    The bottom line is, it's a must buy for playstation 3 owners.It has my vote for the best ps3 exclusive out there.
  87. ChrisM.
    Jul 13, 2008
    Entertaining for the family. Wonderful graphics. Downside is that it's not 2 player and it's to short. Re-playability just isn't there. Recommended for non-hardcore games looking for a couple weeks of fun. I wish there were more entertaining games like this on the market.
  88. Sep 6, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction is awesome. The first game of the Future trilogy. The graphics are lovely and detailed and the levels huge and interesting. The plot is also interesting, the weapons just as bonkers as ever (especially the Alpha Cannon), the gadgets such as the Groovatron are funky (loads of laughs guaranteed seeing a boss your facing dance to the beat!), the dialogRatchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction is awesome. The first game of the Future trilogy. The graphics are lovely and detailed and the levels huge and interesting. The plot is also interesting, the weapons just as bonkers as ever (especially the Alpha Cannon), the gadgets such as the Groovatron are funky (loads of laughs guaranteed seeing a boss your facing dance to the beat!), the dialog is funny and it is quite a big adventure. One for the fans of Ratchet and Clank. Expand
  89. Apr 21, 2011
    i love ratchet and clank and i believe it to be one of the things the Xbox gamers wish they had there are only a couple issues that i had which is why it does not get a perfect score from me. when i bought this game it had been a while since i had played a ratchet & clank game and was excited when this came out and i wasnt disapointed with the good graphics many weapons to use and awsomei love ratchet and clank and i believe it to be one of the things the Xbox gamers wish they had there are only a couple issues that i had which is why it does not get a perfect score from me. when i bought this game it had been a while since i had played a ratchet & clank game and was excited when this came out and i wasnt disapointed with the good graphics many weapons to use and awsome voice acting and laugh out loud moments that make me smile and as always the story is top notch and has a couple twists that you dont see coming. one problem though is the length and although it is an awsome game there is only about 10 hours of game play if you arent trying to get all the skill points and extra figures to get and can easily be compleated in a weekend i wish they had continued to make the games multiplayer to add some replay value. also the extra battle items i found to be next to useless as i almost never used them except for the Mr Zurkon and i think they could have just left these out. you should not miss out on this game and you will be playing through it a couple times so you should defenatly pick this up Expand
  90. Nov 26, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank were one of the biggest mascots back on the PS2, and seeing the mechanical duo again in their first PS3 game with Tools of Destruction is a must own platforming title for the PS3. Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction consists all the things we loved about the series back on the PS2 games, but with updated visuals, new charming characters, six-axis controls and a newRatchet and Clank were one of the biggest mascots back on the PS2, and seeing the mechanical duo again in their first PS3 game with Tools of Destruction is a must own platforming title for the PS3. Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction consists all the things we loved about the series back on the PS2 games, but with updated visuals, new charming characters, six-axis controls and a new story premise in seeking more about Ratchet's race origins for the first time to newcomers and R&C veterans alike. This game would have been a perfect 10, though a couple of the clunky six-axis controls (The Decryptor puzzle game for example) and the unexpected rare crash that happens before one cutscene on planet Mukow bumps the game down to a 9 instead. This is the game that made me want to get a PS3 in the first place and it is a must own title to add to your PS3 collection. Expand
  91. Nov 4, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank series has never let me down except for the All 4 One game , but it is still a great series. A fun platformer with puzzles, humor ,and more. Anyone can enjoy this fantastic game.
  92. Nov 26, 2011
    Introduction: I love 3D platformers. I think Spyro The Dragon for the PS1 was the first 3D platformer so it's interesting to note that the makers of that game made the Ratchet & Clank series. Gameplay: You start out with a wrench and a pistol-like weapon. Every weapon except the wrench can be upgraded to level 5. You upgrade weapons simply by hitting any enemy with it. The strongerIntroduction: I love 3D platformers. I think Spyro The Dragon for the PS1 was the first 3D platformer so it's interesting to note that the makers of that game made the Ratchet & Clank series. Gameplay: You start out with a wrench and a pistol-like weapon. Every weapon except the wrench can be upgraded to level 5. You upgrade weapons simply by hitting any enemy with it. The stronger the enemy, the faster your weapon will upgrade. Each upgrade increases your weapon's power, and on the 5th level your weapon gets a certain additional effect that makes your weapon more powerful. Additionally you can use raritarium (purple crystals you either find in chests or falls randomly from enemies) to purchase additional upgrades to your weapons such as faster rate of shooting, more ammo, or even special upgrades that add additional effects to your weapons.

For the first bit of the game the difficulty felt ridiculously easy to me but thankfully the enemies do become more powerful. The controls are great and very easy to learn, and if you hate using the sixaxis function (some minor parts of the game involve the sixaxis function) you can disable that so you could use the left stick instead. Jumping from platform to platform and railings to railings is incredibly smoth and easy, there'll be no frustrating deaths here due to that. If you love treasure hunting this game has it as you'll be wondering around huge beautiful maps trying to find gold bolts and raritarium chests. But that's optional, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. The enemies are varied, challenging, and fun to kill. Weapon upgrading is ridiculously fun, I've spent countless hours focusing on upgrading my weapons just to see how powerful they get when they become level 5 and fully upgraded. The one fault I can find with this game is that it still does not have trophy support and it seems that the developers have no intentions of adding it. Without the trophies I have to take out half a point so I give it 9/10 for gameplay. Story: You're a Lombax, the last Lombax. An evil genius emperor named Tachyon has killed all the other Lombaxes and he desperately wants to kill you. He reminds me of Dr. Robotnik from the Sonic series. I'd say they're both equally cool villains. Alongside you is Clank, a small robot that helps you out by giving you the ability to float in the air a bit increasing your jump distance. He also helps you in other ways but I don't want to spoil how. With 3D platformers I'm more interested in exploring and admiring the beautiful worlds rather than the story, but the story for this one did occasionally have me wanting to find out more of why Tachyon did this or that. I give it 8.5/10 for story. Graphics: Well it's almost 2012 and I'd say the graphics have held up very well. The color selection isn't perfect in my opinion, I like vibrant greens especially in grass and trees, and this game doesn't have much grass or trees. Still some worlds look so beatiful they'll have you opening your mouth wide open in amazement. Framerate seemed rather smooth to me. I'd give this a 9/10 in graphics. play Time/Replayability: It took me almost 30 hours to beat the game on my first playthrough but I wasn't in a rush I was having so much fun upgrading weapons and treasure hunting. If you were to try to beat the game as fast as possible I think you could do it in about ten hours. When you beat the game you have the option of playing it all over with all the weapons you've unlocked and with all your powerups but on a much harder difficulty, or you could choose to have the game timewarp you to before the final boss encounter so that you could finish exploring the previous worlds you've been to. I'm very satisfied with my playtime but I wish this game had trophies so I'm taking off a point for that. I give this a 9/10 for Play Time/Replayability. Final Recommendation: If you like 3D platformers at all then buy this game immediately! You won't regret it. My final score is 9.5/10.
  93. Feb 12, 2012
    ratchet and clank: tools of destruction is an amazing 3rd person shooter/plat-former with awesome game-play, an interesting storyline, good music, it doesn't really have much faults at all.
  94. Apr 30, 2015
    Another ratchet and clank game , and another amazing one at that. Lots of variety and different way to play the game. cool weapons and a decent story, with thrown in humor which I liked a lot. If you like ratchet and clank I think it's safe to say you'll love this one.
  95. Jul 9, 2012
    This game continues the excellent tradition that the Ratchet & Clank series already has. While it may not be the very best R&C game to date (in my opinion, that would be Up Your Arsenal for the PS2), it still delivers with original weapons, graphics which are on par, and great voice acting. Don't miss out on this game.
  96. Dec 26, 2013
    Like other R&C games this is also pure gold! The story is strong and ends very well. Shooting, platforming and space battles sooo much fun. This is one epic adventure.
  97. Feb 22, 2013
    I just love this game, even though there is no trophies, the game was fantastic. Even though there is no online, even though there is no multiplayer, these things don't matter when everything else that was included was done superbly, the weapon level ups (except the omni-wrench), the variety of weapons, the humor, etc. Sure the ending wasn't great, but the game play was fantastic. I'd callI just love this game, even though there is no trophies, the game was fantastic. Even though there is no online, even though there is no multiplayer, these things don't matter when everything else that was included was done superbly, the weapon level ups (except the omni-wrench), the variety of weapons, the humor, etc. Sure the ending wasn't great, but the game play was fantastic. I'd call it a fair sized game, even though I beat it in about a week, even so I didn't do absolutely everything (collecting gold bolts, leveling up all weapons, beating the game on challenge mode, etc.) Overall, 8.7/10 (I hope Crack in Time is this good or better) Expand
  98. May 15, 2013
    If you've played Ratchet and Clank 3 think that but shinier on the PS3. The gameplay is essentially the same which is fine because it is a near perfect mix of platforming and shooting. The enemies and planets you visit vary and the story is good to. It also introduces the villian of Captain Slag, a side villian that manages to outdo the game's main antagonist Emperor Tachyon in charm andIf you've played Ratchet and Clank 3 think that but shinier on the PS3. The gameplay is essentially the same which is fine because it is a near perfect mix of platforming and shooting. The enemies and planets you visit vary and the story is good to. It also introduces the villian of Captain Slag, a side villian that manages to outdo the game's main antagonist Emperor Tachyon in charm and making him strangely likeable for a selfish robot space pirate. The weapons are great as always with the massively OP Rhino and Alpha Cannon fun to use. Clanks sections are a bit annoying but nothing major still a great game and is worth playing. Expand
  99. May 24, 2013
    The Ratchet and Clank series has been a childhood favorite of mine, and I felt terrible when the PS3 games came out because I didn't have one back then. Now that I have one, I got this one for my birthday, and I can say this is one; if not the best, Ratchet and clank game. Luckily with the jump to another system the gameplay is still intact, and feels as great as it did back then. TheThe Ratchet and Clank series has been a childhood favorite of mine, and I felt terrible when the PS3 games came out because I didn't have one back then. Now that I have one, I got this one for my birthday, and I can say this is one; if not the best, Ratchet and clank game. Luckily with the jump to another system the gameplay is still intact, and feels as great as it did back then. The animation is pure eye candy, and does not get in the way of playing the game. The animation is so great that it feels like your watching a movie, and being a apart of it only adds more the adventure. Like with all Ratchet and Clank games, there's a lot of weapons to choose from, all with unique abilities. Also the puzzles with motion control are actually very good, sometimes they're difficult, but too much so that it's impossible. With great animation, variety in weapons, and some interesting puzzles. This is one of the best Ratchet and Clank games to date. Expand
  100. Sep 26, 2013
    Tools of Destruction marks Ratchet and Clank's first foray into the HD generation, and a fine attempt at that. Even playing it now in 2013, it's graphics hold up splendidly well with it's bright colours and smooth edges, with a silky smooth framerate to boot. Everything you love about the old games is here, as well as an expanded weapon customization system, 'Gadgets' and a variety of moreTools of Destruction marks Ratchet and Clank's first foray into the HD generation, and a fine attempt at that. Even playing it now in 2013, it's graphics hold up splendidly well with it's bright colours and smooth edges, with a silky smooth framerate to boot. Everything you love about the old games is here, as well as an expanded weapon customization system, 'Gadgets' and a variety of more open levels allowing for exploration with the Robo-Wing, hunting wild creatures and more. Despite all the positives, Tools of Destruction isn't without bugs. With multiple crashes during my playthrough and numerous other small oversights, the game isn't a perfect experience, but it looks great, plays great and is one hell of a great game to play. Aye, Tools of Destruction is the best Ratchet game since Up Your Arsenal, and deserves every bit of praise it gets. Final Score: 8.6/10 Expand

1. Given the series orientation towards multiplayer in the final chapters on the PS2, it's quite surprising to find Tools of Destruction a solely single-player experience. With a handful of mini-games Tools of Destruction can be rushed through over a weekend, with the only real replay value stemming from Insomniac's traditional selection of Skill Point challenges to achieve on every level.
  2. The single best game you can find on the PlayStation 3 right now, and at the end of the day, it's the best in the series. If you own a PS3, you need this game in your library. It is the absolutely definition of a must-have title, and right now is the front-runner as game of the year, hands down.
    Not only one of the best looking PlayStation 3 games, it's incredibly enjoyable, with some excellent weapons and some brilliant action set pieces.