Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 12, 2013
8.5

1. Nov 12, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank Nexus propose un scénario d’une banalité affligeante. Malgré cela, les six heures de jeu offert par ce titre sont parfaitement remplies, sans temps mort et aurait mérité deux /trois environnements supplémentaires. Ces mondes, 4+1 semi-facultative, sont tous de bonne qualité graphique et observe un level design inutilement alambiqué pour cacher le fait que ce ne sont queRatchet & Clank Nexus propose un scénario d’une banalité affligeante. Malgré cela, les six heures de jeu offert par ce titre sont parfaitement remplies, sans temps mort et aurait mérité deux /trois environnements supplémentaires. Ces mondes, 4+1 semi-facultative, sont tous de bonne qualité graphique et observe un level design inutilement alambiqué pour cacher le fait que ce ne sont que des couloirs. Ratchet s’y déplace assez lentement malgré l’obtention des Hoverbottes et Clank n’est qu’un prétexte pour varier les plaisirs dans une 2D/réflexion. Enfin, le système monétaire ne change pas et la moitié des armes ne servent rien. Expand
  2. Jan 2, 2014
    Cool game, however I miss the days of the PS2 Ratchet and Clank when the games were really in depth and just spectacular. To this day I am waiting for them to match "Up your Arsenal" (3rd edition to the series)
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    With much disappointment, I have to say that Into The Nexus is not a great title. As a huge fan of Ratchet since the beginning, I am very upset about the lack luster titles that Insomniac has been pushing out the last 3 years. They are rushed, bite-sized, lacking of compelling stories, and are just empty feeling. This is supposed to be a finale to the Future Saga yet it gives hardlyWith much disappointment, I have to say that Into The Nexus is not a great title. As a huge fan of Ratchet since the beginning, I am very upset about the lack luster titles that Insomniac has been pushing out the last 3 years. They are rushed, bite-sized, lacking of compelling stories, and are just empty feeling. This is supposed to be a finale to the Future Saga yet it gives hardly anything to feel and sells you on nostalgia (but not very well) more than anything else. I love Ratchet & Clank and will continue to watch what is done with the series but with three strikes, I am going to be skeptical until Insomniac proves they are going to put more time into the series or else it will crumble. Expand
  4. Feb 21, 2014
    I completed this game in 3 hours, regardless it is is a great game with a great storyline, but isn't near as good arsenal or full frontal assault. But if your aren't as good as playing games I would get this game but you do need to have played the previous game to get this game but it is still a bit disappointing that it isn't up to there usual standards.If you are only thinking of playingI completed this game in 3 hours, regardless it is is a great game with a great storyline, but isn't near as good arsenal or full frontal assault. But if your aren't as good as playing games I would get this game but you do need to have played the previous game to get this game but it is still a bit disappointing that it isn't up to there usual standards.If you are only thinking of playing Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, I would would give it 10/10 for its high quality standards. Expand
  5. Apr 25, 2014
    The ratchet and clank series went all wrong when all 4 one came out i mean seriously i love the original ratchet and clank games and the future series as well but when i'm playing into the nexus or q force or all 4 one i feel like a 4 year old i guess that's because of the graphics why did they change that ratchet looks like a he's 5 years the graphics used to be good like a crack in timeThe ratchet and clank series went all wrong when all 4 one came out i mean seriously i love the original ratchet and clank games and the future series as well but when i'm playing into the nexus or q force or all 4 one i feel like a 4 year old i guess that's because of the graphics why did they change that ratchet looks like a he's 5 years the graphics used to be good like a crack in time and the story ass well i mean it's been 4 years since they made a good ratchet and clank 4 years time is enough time to realise that the new games are just bad.
    into the nexus is the best from these 3 but is too short i hear people say 8 hour game ones you have beaten it and play it again it takes about 2 to 3 hours.
  6. Jan 1, 2014
    The game feels... Incomplete, rushed.
    It feels Insomniac did a so-so job with this title as a means to follow the 'Call of Duty Formula,' crank out another game with same mechanics, just weapons and maps. Another problem I've had with this game are the lack of levels; There are 4 levels or planets and a planet dedicated to the arena. The game feels short in this sense and
    The game feels... Incomplete, rushed.

Another problem I've had with this game are the lack of levels; There are 4 levels or planets and a planet dedicated to the arena. The game feels short in this sense and the story feels as if it was slapped together using craft glue, construction paper and glitter. Though I don't feel that way entirely, the story is interesting, however it does feel like a last minute effort.

Miss the Insomniac Museum.

Last negative view are the glitches; going back through in an attempt to get the platinum trophy 'Pride of Fastoon,' there were a few bugs I've noticed that either Insomniac didn't Iron out or overlooked.

-If you go to the Nether challenges in Challenge mode, and leave to go to the arena, you can't get in. The arena literally just blocks you out from even reaching its sub-menu.

-When equipped with the RYNO, if you shoot a boss enemy like a Gargathorn, or Neftin before their health bar shows up, it's an instant kill before damage applies, Even with the Omni Blasters and Plasma Slayer.

-When leaving a planet, Rachet gets stuck in place on the ground as the screen transitions out when the ship departs.

Though the story feels rushed, I do like it. 2 new villains with a past similar to Rachets. No previous family to grow up with, except Rachet had his father for a few years before death. Both abandoned by their race in their current dimension and some Nostalgia, comparing Vendra and what she is now to Rachet from the first game on the PS2, angry and straight to the point. Thinking about it, Rachet could have become this evil and ambitious as she is to find he race or family, if not for Clank to keep him on the road to do the right thing.

The main reason the story feels short and rushed in my opinion is because the true intention of the Antagonist's was revealed a little too soon. With Nefarious, most of the plots in the games he stars in don't 'fully' reveal until about 2 or 3 levels later and even then it shows the trouble Nefarious has to go through to reach his goals to accomplish his schemes. This sort of pattern repeats in previous games except in Deadlocked; Where the villain, Dread, only performs his schemes to make some quick bolts.

The mechanic where you experiment with gravity is still impressive in a sense, however I feel that if Insomniac wanted to experiment using more of this mechanic, they should have tried coming up with more space levels to use it or an underwater level where there is Zero-Gravity

Aside from the return of a few weapons like the Warmonger and Omni Blasters, I do like a few of the other weapons that were designed. The Nightmare Box, scaring the opponents out of their wits, the Winterizer, Nether glove, Black Hole Grenades and other new weapons to the arsenal, I actually enjoyed. I still miss having the Groovatron Glove, making Tachyon and Nefarious Dance while feeding them a round of bullets from the RYNO.

Design of the Armor, Arena Challenges and the design of the level for Planet Silox I enjoyed, though the levels feel like they're missing obstacles, like wall kick-jumping.

I also love the chip tune version of the menu music that plays when you unlock Challenge mode.

I give the game a 7 of 10.
    Key Negative:
    -The story was rushed and executed poorly, lack of extended game play and amount of hours spent playing the game with a few bugs. Could have done more in the comic relief department, where Qwark could have screwed something up. Should have made the levels more explorable for just 5 short planets. Could have done a better job for a Grand Finale.

Key Positive:
    -Was $30, included free download of Quest for Booty, voice acting was done very well, Story was may have been rushed but is still very enjoyable. Still retains a little sense humor. Hard mode lives up to it's name and remains challenging. Platinum Trophy is easy to obtain if you can handle 7 play-through's of find Gold Bolts and upgrading all weapons in your Arsenal to level 6.
  7. Jun 2, 2014
    Another fun game as usual with the ratchet series, i just couldn't get over the 30fps compared to all the other 60fps entries, including the ps2 remakes, it took away from the shine and polish the series is known for. great $30 game non the less, but easily on the bottom end of the series.
  8. Jan 7, 2016
    One of the weaker titles of the Ratchet and Clank series, Into the Nexus failed to re-gather the magic of past entries. The game lacked in atmosphere and grand open worlds and ideas the earlier PS3 entries produced. Some of the gadgets also felt more annoying to use than anything, and the weapons and enemies re-cycle at an overwhelmingly fast pace. Despite this, it remains a Ratchet andOne of the weaker titles of the Ratchet and Clank series, Into the Nexus failed to re-gather the magic of past entries. The game lacked in atmosphere and grand open worlds and ideas the earlier PS3 entries produced. Some of the gadgets also felt more annoying to use than anything, and the weapons and enemies re-cycle at an overwhelmingly fast pace. Despite this, it remains a Ratchet and Clank game and is certain to be a fun play through. Expand

1. Feb 24, 2014
    An underwhelming conclusion for Sony’s duo on the PlayStation 3. It’s a fine game; it’s pretty, it’s got the series’ trademark weaponry, and yet, it’s just another Ratchet game.
  2. games(TM)
    Jan 23, 2014
    A fitting miniature to end this generation. [Issue#143, p.106]
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    The final episode of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank chapter is more of a small game than a fully-fledged one. Considering its purchase cost is adequate along with the overall game's intensity, it is a perfect ending of another period of Lombax' colorful life. Moreover, there's a bonus on the disc, Quest for Booty, an old but totally awesome mini installment certainly worthy of your attention. So get cracking!