Record of Agarest War PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Feb 1, 2011
    I read all the negative reviews, but I am such a sucker for SRPGs, and wound up buying it anyways. The story portions are far too short and have far too many fights in-between them. All the fights take place on a flat surface making them even more same-y and tedious. The PSN has a huge pile of free DLC that came out on release day. It could of easily just been part of the game.I read all the negative reviews, but I am such a sucker for SRPGs, and wound up buying it anyways. The story portions are far too short and have far too many fights in-between them. All the fights take place on a flat surface making them even more same-y and tedious. The PSN has a huge pile of free DLC that came out on release day. It could of easily just been part of the game. Overall the game is just too tedious to recommend. Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While the idea was original at the start, compile rehash quickly rehashed everything in this game and recycled it on the next games.

Story: While it was interesting and original, it felt forced and not explanatory. Also, if you want "true end" you absolutely need a guide.

Graphics: I had trouble believing this was for Ps3. Appalling graphics. In battle. Outside battle they seem more detailed.

Music and voices: Average at best.

This is what started the long chain of "fan service with as little content as possible with thousand of dlc" series of games. I regret playing this garbage.

Final Score: -5. This is NOT a true strategy rpg, it's a just a mix up of barely enough rpg elements with fan service to create something for perverts or people that like ecchi games. If you want a real RPG, AVOID this game. It is beyond just "bad".

Record of Agarest War is the very reason Japanese game development is accused of stagnation, and the sleazy marketing doesn't lend the game any credence. This is not 1998.
    I would rather it have gone more over-the-top with its sexuality, as that would have made it a more unique experience. But if you're a fan of the genre, Agarest War will provide a very long adventure that spans generations.
  3. A game of insane length. Soul breeding gives infinite room for replay value, but just getting through the first time can actually take up the entire life span of a normal human.