7.9

1. Oct 28, 2010
    This pack is all that a fan of Red Dead Redemption could have asked for. It's a good length expansion, with PLENTY to do!
    I would like to commend Rock Star San Diego for having enough faith in their world to tear it to shreds. It's such a nice, tongue-in-cheek, alternate world that they have created. The actions that take place in the Undead Nightmare Pack are only semi-related to the
    world of the original storyline. However, there is plenty of room for flexibility which makes the experience so fresh for somebody who has already completed the game.

The core gameplay remains unchanged. However, I love the aspect of money being irrelevant during the zombie apocalypse. It's all about the ammo. And you're always looking for ways to get it. This makes the game a lot more fun! The story is campy, and very humorous. However, like any good horror film, it manages to mix the horror and humor together that leaves a childlike smile on your face.

If you were not a fan of the original Red Dead Redemption, but you're a die hard zombie fan...this may be for you. However, you still have to look past the original bugs and clunky controls that we fans have gotten used to by now. (Marston is still a little tough to maneuver precisely). The game is so much fun, though, the flaws can be over looked. A must have for zombie/western fans.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Undead Nightmare is definitely a must for any fan of Red Dead. I've played the pack for just over 7 hours and I'm only 49% completed. You can beat the storyline missions in about 6 hours but the DLC packs a ton of extra stuff to do outside the campaign. New additions include a "build" system which entails collecting herbs to make special ammo to defeat the zombies, new sharpshooter, treasure and mount challenges which have rewards like new weapons, ammo, and having an awesome horse of the Apocalypse. All that not to mention the multiplayer mode, which I haven't played yet. The game looks beautiful, new environmental lighting and weather give the presentation an eerie feel that gives an extra level of substance to the game. The only reason I don't give it a 10 is because controlling Marston is still difficult to control. When you're trying to flee from a horde of zombies by climbing up a ladder or escaping through a doorway, you more often than not find yourself running into a wall. Also as far as I am aware of you can't choose which horse of the apocalypse you want even after breaking them. The last steed you broke you're stuck with, which is a bummer because War lights zombies on fire where as Famine has no definitive characteristics, besides unlimited stamina (add to that flies which annoyingly buzz uncontrollably). Despite the flaws, Undead Nightmare is still a fantastic expansion and worth every penny, and you only need 899 of them if you have playstation plus. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    This is what DLC should be all about! Really exciting game and a salute to Rockstar Games for making this gem. If you own RDR you should not be asking for any excuses and just do yourself a favor and download this add-on.
  4. Jul 9, 2011
    Undead Nightmare is totally worth the price of admission. Not only do you get a fantastic, occasionally hilarious new single-player campaign, with new minigames and characters, you also get two new online modes, both of which are very fun.
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    I just got this and had a lot of fun so far with it. It is a little unforgiving in that you have to headshot EVERYONE or wast a lot of ammo taking them down with body shots. That's fine and all, but could be a bit better explained. Also, there is little preamble to the zombies, so you are not certain what to do for a little bit.

Get your Portable ID!
  6. Nov 13, 2010
    Fantastic! got it as a DLC and definitely got me in the mood for halloween. but i mean zombies will be fun all year round too. the story alone is worth it, as a stand alone thing idk if people will get it but if you got it as a dlc the characters and the nonsense that happens is hilarious. but also creepy at the same time. they hit just as many creepy tones as they do funny. i mean with them hording you while you clear out a graveyard it can be very intense and then one springs on you from behind i actually jumped! overall loved it and still play it. trying to 100% it is hard! so hours of gamepaly still there. also online mode is just plain fun. thought it would be harder to get through all the waves, and even though it's nowhere near easy, if you have a solid team you can walk away with the win. definitely a nice change when you are tired of free roam and the other multiplayer games. must have for any red dead fan! Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2010
    Buy this DLC. You will not be disappointed. The challenge of shooting every undead in the head is exhilarating. While the save system has changed, eliminating fast travel from your campsite, it makes sense in this alternate world where zombies roam the country side. I recommend completing the main campaign, not just to get all the little inside jokes, but to sharpen your gaming skills because they will be tested. Expand
  8. Dec 3, 2010
    Wow, what a great addition to an already fantastic game! Red Dead Redemption was (is) one of the best games to come down the pipe in a long time and for Rockstar to give the fans something like Undead Redemption makes you feel like they really appreciate those of us who played the game.

There is so much to do in this game it's almost like playing the first one again for the first time.
    Except with Zombies!

Seriously though, you can tell that great care was put into this game to make it an original experience and not just the same game with a macabre story line thrown in. It has it's own time line and "universe" and the simple things like the little comments made by Marston and the people who populate the towns are hilarious.

This game, although very dark with it's visuals and storyline, is extremely funny. It's almost like a parody of all the zombie games that populate the video game world. It gives us a great game to play while not taking itself too seriously.

If you loved ed Dead Redemption, or even if you haven't played it, you should give this one a try.
  9. Nov 1, 2010
    Wow, Rockstar has done it again. Following their best game ever, they come out with a 10 dollar DLC worth about 8 hours of awesomeness. This is what downloadable content is about! They can do so much more at that. Keep on truckin' with the Red Dead DLCs Rockstar!
  10. Nov 16, 2010
    Adding about 8-10 hours of content to one of the best games ever this DLC is merely average. The story of Undead Nightmare is somewhat laughable as how everything fans out. Voice acting is still stellar and killing zombies is always fun. Definitely worthy of the 10$ price tag on it.
  11. Nov 11, 2010
    Rockstar all i can say is quality, nothing but quality. Talk about getting every bang for you buck, this is true when it comes to playing undead nightmare. The campaign is 6 hours long that's like a full game when compared to ripped off games like call of duty black ops and modern warfare 2. Not to mention that this expansion only cost $9.99 that's a steal!!! This game is fantastic and recommend for any zombie lover. You will not be disappointed with this. Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2010
    Possibly the best add-on i've ever bought. The story is great, and the zombies are some of the best i've seen. Also, the multiplayer, in my opinion, is on par with Nazi Zombies.
  13. Nov 13, 2010
    Zombies are the new trend and we see everyone combining zombies with anything. Well, with Red Dead Redemption works and perfectly. A new story, exciting new contents and much more make this DLC a perfect 10
  14. Dec 10, 2010
    RDR has great feeling when firing the guns, there was just never enough opportunity to shoot randomly or when you wanted without being punished. This give players the perfect chance to go wild with the great shooting/ragdoll system!
  15. Apr 3, 2012
    Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games of all time, so I was frothing at the mouth (pun intended) for this piece of DLC. Unfortunately, Undead Nightmare is shallow, vapid and repetitive. The scripting and cut-scenes are absolutely hilarious, but the zombie slaying gameplay is actually quite boring. Whilst fun at first, clearing out graveyards or re-taking lost cities fast becomes a chore. As I have already noted, it's just very repetitive. Shoot zombie in the head. Run in a circle whilst reloading. Shoot zombie in the head. Re-take town from zombie hoard. Clear out graveyard. Shoot zombie in the... zzzzzzz. I love Red Dead Redemption. This DLC... Not so much. Expand
  16. Jan 7, 2011
    It's a fun expansion pack but I felt that it detracted from the story of the main game a little too much for me. It simply doesn't mesh into the main RDR storyline history in the slightest and I think if they had changed the protagonist to someone else, or allowed playing from a choice of sub characters from the main story, it would have worked better for me. I guess with the success of RDR breathing life and emotion into the main story characters I just felt a little let down when this plot was completely out of context! Other than that - it has all the greatness of the main game... just... I dunno... it's not Red Dead Redemption any more! Expand
  17. Jun 6, 2011
    This is definitive proof that DLC can be just as entertaining as a full game. Rockstar certainly know how to make it fun, two examples being the Lost and Damned and of course The Ballad of Gay Tony for GTA 4. But for their cowboy sandbox title, they pulled out all the stops and added zombies. That's right, ZOMBIES. The environments look creepier, there are zombie animals and in order to save your game in a town you have to clear out the town of undead. There are some new weapons such as Holy Water, the Blunderbuss and my personal favorite, the flaming Torch. Most of the characters from the main campaign return and all the voices are done by the original actors. So far my only gripes are that the zombies are getting repetitive and its annoying when settlements are constantly being attacked. Now if they could just make a zombie DLC for GTA 4.... Expand
  18. May 18, 2011
    ver 7 hours and I'm only 49% completed. You can beat the storyline missions in about 6 hours but the DLC packs a ton of extra stuff to do outside the campaign. New additions include a "build" system which entails collecting herbs to make special ammo to defeat the zombies definitely a must for any fan of Red Dead. I've played the pack for just over 7 hours and I'm only 49% completed. You can beat the storyline missions in about 6 hours but the DLC packs a ton of extra stuff to do outside the campaign. New additions include a "build" system which entails collecting herbs to make special ammo to defeat the zombies, new Expand
  19. Aug 27, 2011
    For any fan of RDR or zombies, Undead Nightmare is a must-buy. Nothing combines excellent story-telling, old west action, and zombie killing like Undead Nightmare! Way to go Rockstar!
  20. Sep 7, 2011
    played until 100% and it was a scary, funny and interesting adventure through the darkest, craziest and most dangerous places and towns in the red dead undead universe!
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    This made Red Dead Redemption more awesome than it already was. This story is almost as long lasting as the normal story, and that is really saying something.
  22. Jan 17, 2012
    One of the most 'WTF?' moves I've seen in a while. Totally unexpected and totally enjoyable. It's like one of those things you think about for a DLC or an add-on, but they actually did it! Kudos to Rockstar for this hidden card up the sleeve.
  23. Sep 8, 2014
    I was disappointed with this "dlc", this is NOT the red dead redemption I've played and loved 100x over. Everything that made the game a masterpiece is non-existent in this dlc. Granted there is a whole lot to do and explore for a dlc, I've never thought this hybrid red dead redemption would be so bland and repetitive. It still has it's core gameplay mechanic down, but for anyone looking for more than a mindless zombie game, look elsewhere. Expand
  24. Sep 26, 2012
    It feels like its own unique game while including the other characters in red dead redemption. Amazing atmosphere. A classic just like the original game.
  25. Apr 4, 2013
    This would be awesome as a $5-$10 DLC, but I paid as much for this as the game costs, so I'm reviewing it as a game. I finished it in 2 short evenings, and actually thought the end was a halfway point until nothing else happened. Red dead redemption was a Legend. This game was a profanity. They should never have boxed this game. It only tarnishes the memory of the original.
  26. ERB
    Jul 30, 2013
    After playing Red Dead Redemption you must next play this It is a good game especially that there are zombies.This game is a nice game not many zombie games are open worlds.
  27. Sep 6, 2013
    I got this game as a stand alone disc and I have never played the Original RDR so i can not compare the 2 so if there is any big differences between the 2, I cant talk about them. In RDR Undead nightmare you are in the wild wild west and its gone to Crap overnight. You are john marston, wisecraking,Pistol'wippin,Cowboy(Why not right?). And he wakes up and his family has a diease that turns them into blood thirsty monsters and you decide to go into town to find a cure. If you could not tell from the story-line to the dialouge this game is a big Zombie movie spoof and you will see that in one of the very first cutscenes in the game but thats not a bad thing because this game needs some comedy here and there because the rest of the game for the most part is dark and spooky and Dark,Did i mention that its dark? The gameplay is really fun and the horses are really controllable and finding weapons and collectables and this game is the best rockstar game out there so check it out. Expand
  28. Sep 28, 2013
    Rockstar hizo bien al aprovechar el extenso y numeroso éxito que tuvo "Red Dead Redemption" para realizar éste divertidísimo pack llamado "Undead Nightmare". Simplemente me dataré hablando de su humor arcaico que, a pesar de tan absurdo termina divirtiendo en su totalidad. Todo es perfecto, lo que no le hace llegar al 10 es que la historia me pareció muy corta, pero todo lo demás es impresionante, una de las mejores cosas que tiene este juego es el desarrollo de los personajes bien distinguidos. John Marston: pasaste a la historia. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2013
    Un juegazo, si te gustan los zombies tienes que tenerlo, si te gusto el juego original, debes tener este DLC, que mas bien parece un juego completo, es espectacular, graficos increibles, originalidad no le falta, la jugabilidad es pasmosa, el unico pero es que no esta doblado al castellano...por lo demás un juego que no debe faltarte, lo recomiendo 100% un juegazo, uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3 actualmente, no lo dudes mas, compralo!! Expand
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    Western + Zombies = RDR Undead Nightmare. For any fans of RDR and/or over-the-top zombie massacres this is the way to go. For a DLC this is a substantial and quality content with 10+ hours of gameplay and many new additions. My favourite being the four horses of the apocalypse (Pestilence, War, Famine and Death). It's really fun to put on the black coat of the legend of the undead and ride the world on the horse of Death who is trampling down anything in its way, or on the flaming horse of War that burns everything it touches. 7/10 Expand

1. Jan 13, 2011
    For Wild West virgins, it's an entertaining package, if just shy of an essential purchase. [Jan 2011, p.96]
  2. Rockstar is the master of horror. [Christmas 2010]
  3. Nov 30, 2010
    There's no doubt that this is top quality content but playing these modes without the main game is not a full experience. Thankfully the price tag makes up for that in a big way. [Issue#199, p.86]