Red Dead Redemption PlayStation 3

8.8

1. Jul 30, 2016
    I happen to be a big fan of the Rockstar set of games and this one was absolutely an amazing experience. I played this after I finished off GTA V. John Marston is an excellent character build up and offers an enjoyable story and gaming experience. Just the best possible western game out there....
  2. Jul 25, 2016
    Graphics: 9/10
    Story: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Enjoyment: 10/10
    Cutscenes: 8/10
    Length: 9/10
    So much good bout this game. So many companies can learn from this.
  3. Jul 23, 2016
    One of the greatest accomplishments by Take Two and Rock Star Games without ANY dought. I know Rockstar reads these, and guess what we all want???????????????????????

THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Jul 4, 2016
    Amazing game, especially for its time. Was never into old Westerns or anything of the sort but found myself quite immersed with this one. I'm really hoping to see a sequel come for current gen.
  5. Jun 30, 2016
    Basically, it is like playing a freaking good Western Movie.
    Great story mode, including awesome characters and full of very good references to spaghetti western movies.
    It will remain in my heart for decades!
  6. Jun 25, 2016
    Rockstars best game. This game is so much better than all their other games in every aspect (apart from L.A. Noire which is much more innovative). Shortly: it's GTA: Cowboy but with a lot of improvements.
    The game has amazing graphics, some of the best characters in a video gamer ever, a quite good story, great gameplay, dynamic environment: you can go hunting, saving people, killing people, stealing stuff, robbing stuff, catching criminals etc etc ... and all this feels really realistic and alive. The only thing I can bash on is that it's still the standard (in the main quest) go from "point A to point B" thing. There is no real choice on how to do a mission which feels very linear to the rest of the game. But anyhow, it's one of the best games ever and it's definatley Rockstars best game. Love it. Collapse
  7. Jun 10, 2016
    Una decepción. Llegaba al Red Dead Redemption con las expectativas de encontrarme ante unos de los mejores juegos de la pasada generación y me he encontrado una decepción. El juego está bien, es notable y en su contexto es un buen juego. Quizá el gran apartado gráfico para 2010 jugara un gran papel a su favor, pero una vez aparcamos los gráficos (y su bajones a 15FPS en PS3) me encuentroUna decepción. Llegaba al Red Dead Redemption con las expectativas de encontrarme ante unos de los mejores juegos de la pasada generación y me he encontrado una decepción. El juego está bien, es notable y en su contexto es un buen juego. Quizá el gran apartado gráfico para 2010 jugara un gran papel a su favor, pero una vez aparcamos los gráficos (y su bajones a 15FPS en PS3) me encuentro una historia con la que es difícil empatizar desde el principio, un guión que no sale de lo previsible y unos personajes sosos sin ningún ritmo. El juego mejora algo a lo largo de la trama, pero para nada se merece que se le encumbre a obra maestra. Expand
  8. Jun 8, 2016
    Easily my favorite video game, and arguably one of the greatest games ever made. The story is something out of a great novel, the game play is fun, easy to learn, and innovative, and the world of the game and the characters you play as and encounter along your adventure are not easily forgotten. I've gotten 100% completion on Red Dead Redemption three times, and I've gotten 100% completionEasily my favorite video game, and arguably one of the greatest games ever made. The story is something out of a great novel, the game play is fun, easy to learn, and innovative, and the world of the game and the characters you play as and encounter along your adventure are not easily forgotten. I've gotten 100% completion on Red Dead Redemption three times, and I've gotten 100% completion on the Undead Nightmare DLC twice. I've poured more than 100 hours into this game, and it is a must own. You will not regret it! Expand
  9. Jun 5, 2016
    juegazo me mantuvo enganchado a la play y es epico :) Beautiful, stylish and engrossing. If you ever had the yearning to be a cowboy in the old west then Rockstar have got all the bases covered. From duels in the streets to poker in a bar in Mexico to watching the sun set ove rthe mountains there is every activity you could ever want to enjoy in the game. Story wise the tale of Johnjuegazo me mantuvo enganchado a la play y es epico :) Beautiful, stylish and engrossing. If you ever had the yearning to be a cowboy in the old west then Rockstar have got all the bases covered. From duels in the streets to poker in a bar in Mexico to watching the sun set ove rthe mountains there is every activity you could ever want to enjoy in the game. Story wise the tale of John Marston is engrossing and you feel deeply connected to the character throughout the game. This is one of Rockstar's best moments and one which has gameplay for many months to come. Expand
  10. May 30, 2016
    so much fun a must get honestly even just riding through the games beatiful scenery is fun but there so much to do in its large open world. It also has a very interseting story where lots happens. My only complaint is that running doesnt feel fluid and thats it.
  11. May 5, 2016
    Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece. The open world is beyond stunning and engrossing, the gameplay is bad-ass and really fun, the musical score is fantastic and the story and characters are very compelling. Combine all these elements then you have what I call THE definitive western gaming experience and one of the best open world games of all time.
  12. Apr 12, 2016
    Una de las grandes joyas de Rockstar para muchos y para mi la gran joya de ésta compañia. Un juego que desde el primer momento te engancha gracias a esa ambientación que se había perdido en PS3 y 360, ya que lo ultimo que habíamos visto de este estilo era GUN. Rockstar nos trae la historia de John Marston y nos muestra como era el viejo oeste tan bien que nos darán ganas deUna de las grandes joyas de Rockstar para muchos y para mi la gran joya de ésta compañia. Un juego que desde el primer momento te engancha gracias a esa ambientación que se había perdido en PS3 y 360, ya que lo ultimo que habíamos visto de este estilo era GUN. Rockstar nos trae la historia de John Marston y nos muestra como era el viejo oeste tan bien que nos darán ganas de teletransportarnos a la época de los tiroteos y las borracheras en las tabernas. A destacar su gunplay con unas armas que se sienten como tal y una física brutal a la hora de abatir enemigos. Uno de los juegos que marcarón la generación de PS3 y 360 y un indispensable en las estanterías. Expand
  13. Apr 12, 2016
    Probablemente el juego al que más horas le haya dedicado nunca, con una ambientación incomparable y una banda sonora que te sumergen de una manera nunca vista. Uno de los juegos más cuidados y bellos de ver y jugar, control fino y suave, y tiroteos de una calidad cinematográfica apabullante. Una obra maestra
  14. Apr 11, 2016
    Beautiful, stylish and engrossing. If you ever had the yearning to be a cowboy in the old west then Rockstar have got all the bases covered. From duels in the streets to poker in a bar in Mexico to watching the sun set ove rthe mountains there is every activity you could ever want to enjoy in the game. Story wise the tale of John Marston is engrossing and you feel deeply connected to theBeautiful, stylish and engrossing. If you ever had the yearning to be a cowboy in the old west then Rockstar have got all the bases covered. From duels in the streets to poker in a bar in Mexico to watching the sun set ove rthe mountains there is every activity you could ever want to enjoy in the game. Story wise the tale of John Marston is engrossing and you feel deeply connected to the character throughout the game. This is one of Rockstar's best moments and one which has gameplay for many months to come. Expand
  15. Apr 7, 2016
    Esse jogo é simplesmente perfeito ! História FODA,melhor jogabilidade que eu já ví,fora a trilha sonora,o melhor jogo multiplataforma da geração passada,vale e MUITO a pena.
  16. Apr 2, 2016
    Simply put the one of the best games ever made on ps3 and ever. The world feels alive and you won't forget the characters anytime soon. Stunning graphics for the time and the story especially the ending are amazing. Not many games wow me as much as this one. I highly recommend this game to all ps3 owners a true masterpice.
  17. Mar 7, 2016
    Disgracefully low user score,this game is absolutely perfect I don't think there is anything wrong about this fantastic game.10/10 rating is too low for this masterpiece.Easily top 5 best games I have ever played!
  18. Feb 16, 2016
    The only reason I played through the entire game was just to try and understand all the hype. Especially after playing gun upon the 360's release, I can say there's nothing about this game that was interesting to me. I'm not often disapointed but Rockstar games tends to generally hit al the wrong notes with me. At least the gameplay is not broken which is why I feel I cannot give it lessThe only reason I played through the entire game was just to try and understand all the hype. Especially after playing gun upon the 360's release, I can say there's nothing about this game that was interesting to me. I'm not often disapointed but Rockstar games tends to generally hit al the wrong notes with me. At least the gameplay is not broken which is why I feel I cannot give it less than a 5/10 rating. Definitely don't pick up this game especially considering the fact that it aged horribly. Expand
  19. Jan 11, 2016
    (Spoiler review) I just barely got this game, finished it in a few weeks (sorry to all you fans that I barely played it) but my god this game is great, honestly better than any GTA game, screw GTA V, even though I like that game, I think this game is a lot better, Story wise, and they actually make you care about the main character, I've played almost every GTA game and I could give two(Spoiler review) I just barely got this game, finished it in a few weeks (sorry to all you fans that I barely played it) but my god this game is great, honestly better than any GTA game, screw GTA V, even though I like that game, I think this game is a lot better, Story wise, and they actually make you care about the main character, I've played almost every GTA game and I could give two **** about the main character, though I didn't think the ending was great, It kind of pissed me off actually, mainly because once you meet up with your family at your farm, you have to do all these pointless side quests and then you get to the finale, I guess it's so you can see a relationship between father and son, but they were just annoying to me. And then comes the end (SPOILER) John dies, and it wasn't the way I wanted it to be, he was just coughing blood and didn't any last emotional words, and even the douche that was there to kill him, didn't say **** so then after you become his son Jack and now you gotta go find the killer and when you finally kill him in a duel and the credits role, it's just disappointing. If your contemplating to get this game, Just get it, it's an awesome, game and I would've gave it a 9/10 but the ending just killed, it, when you do get the game just don't play the last mission, It'll piss you off!!!!! Expand
  20. Jan 6, 2016
    With a beautiful open world that will leave you exploring for hours, Red Dead Redemption is a vast improvement on GTA 4. The game has an engaging story and explores dark themes fit for it's title.
  21. Nov 28, 2015
    Absolutely great game with such a excellent story line and all those extra's to do.
    All that shooting and collecting. There be something for everyone to do.
    All that shooting and collecting. There be something for everyone to do.
    Graphic's are outstanding, scenic sunrises and sunsets, stars and campfire, the horses are so well represented and behave like a real horse do. Who ever designed the rearing up of the horse well done! The music is powerfully put together and keeps you riding. Sound effects of the animals are sooooo life like makes you look around for it.
    (I only really have one disappointment, and I don't wish to spoil the end for other players.
    But what happens with the main character, I must say I didn't expect or think that would happen!.)
    *****10 out of 10 for this baby, well done Rockstar you rock!*****
  22. Nov 28, 2015
    This game made me fall in love with Westerns as a genre. Interesting characters, immersive sandbox and a cinematic feeling that doesn't limit player freedom (outside of missions), tied together with some passable shooting and horseriding.

Even without the online, this game's certainly worth your time.
  23. Nov 18, 2015
    I really enjoyed this game. It's different to GTA and gives a great adventure Western style. The story does get really good at times but sometimes it can feel repetitive. Nonetheless it's well worth the play as the side missions are alot of fun.

John Marston soon becomes one of your favourite video game characters in this gun slinging, animal hunting, horse taming game. I loved it and would not sell my version as I wouldn't defently play this again.
  24. Nov 18, 2015
    To this day, there has been no other ps3 games in my library that has aged as well as Red Dead Redemption.
    This is a prime example of an excellent video game. Everything is alive in the game npc's, nature, wildlife and the storyline that grabs you in and takes you through a satisfying wild west experience.
    If you haven't played this game, it is a must buy. It deserves to be played and

If you haven't played this game, it is a must buy. It deserves to be played and cherished by every player.
  25. Nov 16, 2015
    That's a good game from the creators of the best selling sandbox games that there are on the market. It was actually too long to finish the main quest and I got a little bored in the middle since all you do is shooting people down, killing thousands in an already desert land, it's quite strange there was still people living in the map since I felt I committed a genocide withoutThat's a good game from the creators of the best selling sandbox games that there are on the market. It was actually too long to finish the main quest and I got a little bored in the middle since all you do is shooting people down, killing thousands in an already desert land, it's quite strange there was still people living in the map since I felt I committed a genocide without encountering much problems with the authorities, that wanted to shoot me down for stealing a horse but was not impressed by my exterminator skills. The most important part of the game is the map, which is pretty large and is beautiful to live in, with many animals to shoot, horses to tame, and is fun also to just explore.
    I think the creators wanted the narrative part to be equally important, but to me it was less interesting and too much wishy-washy in an everlasting main quest, and not so interesting secondary quest.
    what i wanted in the game was actual interactivity, building a ranch piece by piece, making little money, buying animals to breed in the ranch, buying properties not only to sleep in it or to save the game. hiring people to work with you, that would have made a much more immersive experience and would have extended the longevity over the main quest at the end of which, I quitted the game.
  26. Nov 7, 2015
    Red Dead Redemption
    hat ein tolles Setting, großartiges Gameplay, sehr prägnante Charaktere und eine unglaublich tolle Geschichte. Die Western Welt ist realistisch gestaltet und lebendig, man erlebt immer etwas neues
  27. Oct 29, 2015
    Overall great wild west experience, but the travelling on horse back from point A to point B is extremely far, control of distance and time spending on unnecessary things become norm these days
  28. Oct 20, 2015
    Way better than GTA, so much fun. Great storyline and side quests. Main reason I am posting this review is because this game deserves much more credit than the same recycled trash that is the GTA series.
  29. Sep 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you’re for the West, you will latch onto Redemption like an ornery rattlesnake. If the old West is of no particular interest to you, you still ought to find it difficult not to appreciate the incredible level of workmanship and depth on display here. It is a true opus. July 2010, p.69 Expand
  30. Aug 31, 2015
    (0.0) I have never been more addicted to a game until I played red dead redemption. This open world Wildwest game was so much fun to play. The story was very enthralling I didn't want to put my controller down. The controls are smooth. The open world, though being being small was beautiful with wonderful scenery you can't help yourself but reenact the iconic cowboy scene of sitting on(0.0) I have never been more addicted to a game until I played red dead redemption. This open world Wildwest game was so much fun to play. The story was very enthralling I didn't want to put my controller down. The controls are smooth. The open world, though being being small was beautiful with wonderful scenery you can't help yourself but reenact the iconic cowboy scene of sitting on your horse on the edge of a pointed cliff staring at the horizon. Expand
  31. Jul 10, 2015
    Quite possible Rockstar's greatest game ever made. Definitely one of the best console games ever. The shooting is perfect, the story is exceptional, the riding is fluid and feels real. I got unbelievably emotionally attached to this game. Its also the only game I've 100% it. And its definitely worth it. 10/10/10/10/10/10!
  32. Jul 2, 2015
    Red Dead redemption at first glance looks kinda bad with it's horrible lighting graphical glitches and rendering. But after you get sucked in it starts to look pretty dam cool, after all what can you expect on these garbage machines called consoles.

Rockstar still makes terrible clunky movement but the horses feel pretty great. The fun play can be set to lock on so your 3 year old can beat the game or expert where you got to some what try and aim.

The world is pretty huge and full of things to do unlike other Rockstar games, the online is a blast and the free roam is also a nice touch.

There are plenty of weapons and random events/side quests to keep ya busy after beating the game or during.

The story is typical but still decent and the ending it's a good fit for my taste.

I loved this game, shame it hasn't came to PC.

Tho there are quite a few guns in the game they never feel special, only added ammo. Quite a shame, tho the smoke off the western gun barrels adds the perfect touch.
  33. Jun 24, 2015
    As of the writing of this review, the online component of this game is completely broken. The servers are glitchy, the sessions are lost, other players are invisible...and the eternal loading. The single player was OK, but not worthy of the praise written in the other reviews. This game will get monotonous fast as the Wild West is more desolate than any other sandbox game. You haveAs of the writing of this review, the online component of this game is completely broken. The servers are glitchy, the sessions are lost, other players are invisible...and the eternal loading. The single player was OK, but not worthy of the praise written in the other reviews. This game will get monotonous fast as the Wild West is more desolate than any other sandbox game. You have been warned. Expand
  34. Jun 20, 2015
    Wow. This game is very impressive. It's like Grand Theft Auto if it was set in the wild west instead of cities and urban landscapes. Will you be good or bad?
  35. Jun 8, 2015
    Even 5 years after the original release, Red Dead Redemption remains one of my favourite games of all time and the best open-world game that ever existed with games like GTA V being only a humble followers of its greatness.
  36. May 25, 2015
    Honestly, one of the most over rated games I have ever played. L.A Noire put this game to shame...
    Part of the reason I didn't like it I am sure is because I just never really cared for the western theme. However, I thought maybe this game would do something different or unique. It didn't. On top of that, the atmosphere and story was the blandest I have ever played through.
  37. May 12, 2015
    Eghh. It's ok. You have barely any decent outfits. All the revolvers and rifles look the same unlike in Revolver. And the main character has no likability and he's effin' anoying. The gun duals are overly complicated and they barely explain it. and it's supposed to be a sequel to revolver but the onyl thing you get regarding revolver is JAck swift and red being mentioned in dialogue ONCE.Eghh. It's ok. You have barely any decent outfits. All the revolvers and rifles look the same unlike in Revolver. And the main character has no likability and he's effin' anoying. The gun duals are overly complicated and they barely explain it. and it's supposed to be a sequel to revolver but the onyl thing you get regarding revolver is JAck swift and red being mentioned in dialogue ONCE. It's nothing more than them putting GTA in a western setting. Expand
  38. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10/10 masterpiece I can wait for another one. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  39. May 3, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely one of the best games of all time. The 20th century setting was crucially astonishing, something not so common in video games. The main protagonist, John Marston, was truly a masterpiece of a character. The story line is in fact one of the best in any game and gameplay was truly innovative and impressive. Everything in this game makes you realize how one will try to be good, but at the same time get trapped in mistakes made in the past. No other game has capture that feel of sympathy to a character that was nothing but a criminal, but tried to redeem himself by annihilating his past in what he does best, kill. This game is a MASTERPIECE and it truly defines Rockstar Games at its best. This is indeed the best Rockstar Games to date.

The best ending to a game ever, in my opinion.
  40. Apr 12, 2015
    There's a lot of things to do in this game, but, a lot... a lot of that stuff is very repetitive and straight, for an open world game you don't have to work very much to do the sub-missions or advance through the story, at some point i just realized some missions didn't even tell where to go, it just got marked on the map.

This is the first rockstar game i finish, but i'm very

This is the first rockstar game i finish, but i'm very disappointed, i think it was the right choice to ignore grand theft auto all this time
  41. Apr 8, 2015
    Can a video game be a work of art? This is a question I have pondered for years, being a gamer since the ps2 era, and I have finally come to the conclusion after playing this game. From the outstanding Midwestern setting, the amazing score (the final song still brings tears to my eyes), and the story of a man who wants nothing more than to leave his past life behind in favor of that of aCan a video game be a work of art? This is a question I have pondered for years, being a gamer since the ps2 era, and I have finally come to the conclusion after playing this game. From the outstanding Midwestern setting, the amazing score (the final song still brings tears to my eyes), and the story of a man who wants nothing more than to leave his past life behind in favor of that of a family man, is just incredible at any standard. This game is a journey that every gamer should experience, and is not only the best Rockstar game (yes, that includes GTA 5), but one of the greatest video games of all time. Expand
  42. Mar 27, 2015
    I think anything lower than a 9 is a troll review. The game is expansive, memorable, great gameplay, classic Rockstar GTA but in the Wild West. It is one of the 10 best games of last gen, and it was never ported to the PC. We all eagerly await Red Dead 2 and it would blow the doors off this gen!
  43. Mar 25, 2015
    The way that Rockstar presented the Red Dead Redemption story is rather, well, utterly meh, especially the pacing, completely disconnecting any sort of connection with the family that the game emphasisis so much upon. But that still doesn't take away from the fact of just how incredible the immersion and gameplay is. Especially the atmosphere. There is literally here, no better immersionThe way that Rockstar presented the Red Dead Redemption story is rather, well, utterly meh, especially the pacing, completely disconnecting any sort of connection with the family that the game emphasisis so much upon. But that still doesn't take away from the fact of just how incredible the immersion and gameplay is. Especially the atmosphere. There is literally here, no better immersion nor graphics in any other single game ever created. I am serious here. There is a beauty here unlike anything else in any game, and I just can't deny how just amazed I am of this. And despite the pacing and all being odd with the story, the acting is utterly superb and the presentation in terms of visuals is beyond anything I've ever seen. Expand
  44. Mar 22, 2015
    One of the rare games that deserves a 10. The wild west feels alive and rdr was one of the first open world games, where the world felt really alive. Gameplay mechanics fit perfectly and shooting in this game is just so good. Storywise it's also rarity especially from open world game. John Marston is charismatic lead and also my favorite character in gaming.
  45. Feb 19, 2015
    Red Dead Redemption a great game that starts slow but later picks up the pace. A spaghetti western Rockstar style. You start the game as John Marston a former outlaw who has to take to justice his old gang members. If he succeded he will get a pardon by the goverment.
    You are shoot and left for dead. A female rancher Bonnie saves you and the story begins. It's a western so there is a lot of gunfights, horse rides, salon fights, poker and even cow herding. The story is slow at first but the more you play the more you find out about the world and NPC's.
    The things I didn't like was the pop-in. Grass, NPC and terrain just appear from nowhere. The AI of some enemies and animals sometimes is wacky. All and all great game.
    Eight out of ten. Shame I didn't come to the PC.
  46. Jan 30, 2015
    Immersion Done Right
    This is how you make an open world game, with immersion in mind. Red Dead Redemption does a perfect..not nearly perfect, but a perfect job at pulling the player into it’s western world. Red Dead Redemption tells the story of John Marston a former western showdown gun slinging bad guy trying to redeem himself. He does so by repaying life debts
    Immersion Done Right
    This is how you make an open world game, with immersion in mind.
    He does so by repaying life debts and hunting down a few old friends.
    But you are given freedom in the way you handle things outside of the games 13 hour main campaign.
    Outside of the story is where the beauty of this games immersion really starts to shine
    Its clear to me now why so many systems from this game have been added to series like assassins creed and also why it works here and not for them.
    Red Dead redemptions world is basically a giant desert, it’s pretty empty.. this can turn off a lot of players, It won’t and doesn’t surprise me at all to hear many find this game to be boring.. it can be, but isn’t really a run around and have fun kind of game…there are very few npcs roaming and inhabiting the world, but those that do all have a personality and a story to them.
    As you travel throughout the world on horseback you’ll run into strangers asking for your help, all which is optional.
    Some wanting help with getting a land deed, their wife, or are just in need of some materials that you can find organically in the open world.
    All of which you can deal with in your own way, you can pay someone off or just kill them and take what you’re there for.
    There is however an honor scale, you can get away with doing a few not so good things, but if you terrorize the world, the npcs will react to you in a bad manner.
    Adding to the oraganicness, You can also pick flowers, herbs, and hunt and skin animals.
    Hunting in Red Dead Redemption feels so right because the animals feel alive and real like all other npcs, they don’t feel like they are triggered or spawned into the world, they feel like they live there.
    Everything down to the mechanics screams immersion.
    The game asks for physical input in both running and controlling your horse.
    You have to pay attention to the game, you can’t just hold a button and go, It definitely takes time to get used to such a system of immersive mechanics, but once you do you will greatly appreciate it.
    Where the game does loose its spark at least for me is about 1/3 of the way through the main campaign. While the story really is great and the characters are brilliant, the mission design after the first 3rd of the game all plateaus.
    At first you are doing immersive tasks like hurdling cows in a bad storm, going out to catch a wild horse, really bringing the world to life, but later in the game it gets massively boring and repetitive..
    It turns into a lot of cover based follow the marker 3rd person shooter and ride shotgun while you take out the bandits following you over and over and over, luckily if you can manage to stick it out through this grindy section of the mexico part of the game, things start to pick up again for the final 3rd and missions will begin to feel varied just like before.
    But the annoying npcs that accompany you on many missions constantly rushing you and never shutting up about how slow you’re going doesn’t make the campaign any more enjoyable.
    But trust me, it’s worth it to make it to the end of this game.
    There’s also a free roam multiplayer where you can join other players in the same open world from the single player game to take over gang hideout and earn some cash, unfortunately multiplayer these days is pretty nonexistent, so don’t expect to get too much out if unless you have dedicated friends to play with.
    Red Dead Redemption is a beautiful and immersive game.
    I found it to be relaxing, boring and grindy at times, but Escapism at its finest.

For what it is
    Action Adventure 9 /10
    Overall 9/10
  47. Jan 28, 2015
    Like this 1 better than gta (not that there is anything wrong with gta well, besides lack of challenge and mechanics.) like the story better, like characters better, like setting better. This is the king of this type of game so far.
  48. Jan 26, 2015
    I was just recently told by a friend that I should play this game because I'm really into gta and I love open world games. I just never found the time to play this one and man was that a huge mistake!!! This is definitely my favorite game of last gen along with The Last of Us. First of all the story is amazing!!!! I loved John Marston and the supporting characters. Edgar Ross is also oneI was just recently told by a friend that I should play this game because I'm really into gta and I love open world games. I just never found the time to play this one and man was that a huge mistake!!! This is definitely my favorite game of last gen along with The Last of Us. First of all the story is amazing!!!! I loved John Marston and the supporting characters. Edgar Ross is also one of the most despicable characters I've ever seen in a game. The gunplay is perfect, the environment is perfect everything about this game is perfect!!! You're making a big mistake if you do not play this game!! Don't listen to the idiots giving this game a 1/10 Expand
  49. Jan 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rockstar you did it again! RDR is awesome!

First of all the graphics look sensational in this game. the character animation and the animations of the animal movements were almost lifelike. Great soundtrack, rememberable dialogues. There are so many great things about this game.

The story takes place in the WIld West. You are a bounty hunter named John Marston. You must find your formed brothers in arms and caprture of kill them. You meet many interesting and weird characters. Like a simple rancher or a creapy grave-rading, treasure-huntin, coot. The missions were varied and the element that were introduced in most of them make for some rememberable moments.
    The gunplay is engaging and fun. You even get to slow down time with the Dead Eye triger. which allows you to mark specific spots on your targets and blast your way through areas a normal man wouldnt dare to go.

Overall RDR is one of the best videogames I have ever played, and I would recoment it to any gamer out there. A real jewel in gaming. Great, story, characters, combat, grapchis, landscapes, sidemisions and activities, and even a fun miltiplayer. This is a game you dont want to miss out.
  50. Dec 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome. And the people who give it a 0 or 1 are just ether saying there opinion or just being very hard on this master piece. It my feel empty when John is killed in a heroic sad ending with the government bags that threaten and heras him. And jack ( johns son) is not that great and likeable as john. So the game has a great story that my repeat some stuff but is a joy to follow till the end. Expand
  51. Nov 29, 2014
    I love this game. Period. It is more than just wild west gta. Its the best western game yet. Online and off. dffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
  52. Nov 6, 2014
    This is one of the best Rockstar games ever created. The story is exciting, awesome intense western music, and the graphics are sharp and nice.

The sidequests are fun, and John Marston is a memorable character.

The ending in this game was too fast. It was like the game was not finished in the end.
  53. Oct 27, 2014
    I won't go into the details what in the game-play I didn't like, and what in the story I didn't like. Also I spare you the specific bits and pieces in the game that annoyed me. I won't tell you why I was bored while going through the whole game.... I won't do all of this because, honestly, I don't care that much.
    But I do want to share out loud: This game is boring, boring, boring,
    But I do want to share out loud: This game is boring, boring, boring, boring... It is sooooo boring.
  54. Sep 13, 2014
    Excelente historia, ambientação, imersão, jogabilidade. UM dos melhores de sua geração! A rockstar conseguiu mais uma vez se superar. Com toda certeza uma continuação é mais do que bem vinda.
  55. Sep 12, 2014
    My favorite game on PS3, excellent story, solid gameplay, great music and environments, lots of fun, main quest and side quests are great, and finally we don't see that many games taking action during this period of time so I felt like it was a refreshing experience, Rockstar at his best, even better than most GTAs in my opinion.
  56. Aug 21, 2014
    After years of hearing no end of high praise for this title I finally got around to putting some time in. Whatever those people who rated it 10/10, 100/100 are smoking, I want some. Red Dead is far more removed than just being GTA with horses, it is that, and suffers because of it, because what makes a great GTA game great does not translate into the old west. I found myself constantlyAfter years of hearing no end of high praise for this title I finally got around to putting some time in. Whatever those people who rated it 10/10, 100/100 are smoking, I want some. Red Dead is far more removed than just being GTA with horses, it is that, and suffers because of it, because what makes a great GTA game great does not translate into the old west. I found myself constantly unimpressed, bored and disappointed with almost everything the game was throwing at me. Missions and quests were dull; follow the red line, shoot the man, come back, others were mind-numbingly tedious; herding cattle, breaking steers. Overrated bollocks. Expand
  57. Jul 26, 2014
    Where our public schools and Hollywood have failed to introduce America's mythic west to our younger generations, Red Dead Redemption at least sparks an interest.

Man's tendencies towards violence will be apparent, often wonder what it would have been like playing this game with my 15 yr old daughter instead of my 15 yr old son, a different experience all together I would imagine.

All in all hours of fun and adventure for my son and I sleeping under the stars, shooting big game, and capturing bad guys in a expansive and explorable world.
  58. Jul 17, 2014
    Not a GTA fan, but this game is simply one of the richest and most rewarding video game experiences out there. The next best thing to a time machine. A masterpiece.
  59. Jul 15, 2014
    I think it takes a certain personality to play this game - one with a Slow Pace. If you are looking to ride around doing odd jobs, occasionally getting back to your main objective - all the while enjoying the countryside (graphics), small talk and soundtrack....then this game is for you. Otherwise, hang-up yer spurs and call it a day cow-friend!
  60. Jun 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved this game. The environments and graphics took my breath away and riding through the wild west on your horse is one of those video gaming moments that I'll never forget. Couple this with a great story and main character and you've got yourself a wonderful, wonderful game. Cut short from being a masterpiece by the slightly sluggish feeling combat and the fact you're dumped with a character you hardly even know at the end of the game. This pretty much ruined my incentive to 100% the game once I'd completed the main story. Nevertheless this is an amazing game. Expand
  61. Jun 20, 2014
    Look up how bad the working conditions were/are at Rockstar San Diego, it makes this game all that much more amazing, seriously look up Rockstar San Diego, employies ranked it 1.4 stars out of 5 on glassdoor, like shocking. As for the game, easily one of the greatest games ever made, an open world western, whats not to love? Nothing but positive things to say about this game, I tend toLook up how bad the working conditions were/are at Rockstar San Diego, it makes this game all that much more amazing, seriously look up Rockstar San Diego, employies ranked it 1.4 stars out of 5 on glassdoor, like shocking. As for the game, easily one of the greatest games ever made, an open world western, whats not to love? Nothing but positive things to say about this game, I tend to judge a game based on if I feel justified paying the full 60 bucks, well i'd pay 100 for Red Dead Redemption. Expand
  62. May 18, 2014
    This game is what gaming is all about. It got a really good story and loveable characters that only a few other games can match. The world is diverse and bubbles with life to make the experience feel genuine. The visuals are still good today - four years after release. The online is also decent, but does not reach the standards of the singleplayer, and it is unfortunately almost deadThis game is what gaming is all about. It got a really good story and loveable characters that only a few other games can match. The world is diverse and bubbles with life to make the experience feel genuine. The visuals are still good today - four years after release. The online is also decent, but does not reach the standards of the singleplayer, and it is unfortunately almost dead today.In my oppinion this is the best game of the 7th generation of consoles. This is definitely an absolute masterpiece. Expand
  63. May 10, 2014
    If GTA had only a few types of (slow) vehicles and one radio station, it would still feel more content-rich than RDR. That's the point of sparse westerns I guess, but I like sandboxes because they feel unpredictable and expanding as you unlock new content. Another thing is, RDR didn't give me that 'aha' feeling of seeing the world from a different perspective. More like seeing a differentIf GTA had only a few types of (slow) vehicles and one radio station, it would still feel more content-rich than RDR. That's the point of sparse westerns I guess, but I like sandboxes because they feel unpredictable and expanding as you unlock new content. Another thing is, RDR didn't give me that 'aha' feeling of seeing the world from a different perspective. More like seeing a different world with THE SAME (GTA) perspective. They also satisfy the psychological 'wrongedness' that many non-privileged people feel. In GTA the (virtual) material world is finally within one's grasp, and in that way it temporarily satisfies an irrational hunger for material wealth and the inferiority felt from not attaining it in real life. It can also serve as a reminder that material gain is ultimately an empty and meaningless thing, while real happiness is all about the journey to get there. Not saying that such desire should be cultivated. I think it's important to sort of 'starve' the ego and remind ourselves that the world never promised to be fair, and that we don't need much anyway. But for those who have not kept their ego in check, GTA is an unparalleled playground, and RDR lacks a similar effect since it's not a mirror of the world that wronged us. RDR reuses the same action gameplay for a dozen hours, and there are no motorcycles or planes to broaden the scope. Online shootouts work well in the open sprawling landscapes, but as of spring 2014, online is marred by glitches that Rockstars have been fixing for months. I wonder if they'll ever get around to it.

As an introduction to Rockstar Games, or to third-person action, there's a lot of exciting content in this game. But for the seasoned gamer who has played several GTAs, the repetition of the mission style becomes very apparent. I had hoped for a few innovating missions, where the setting was used to do something that would have been impossible in GTA. But the game never really shows creativity in that area, filling instead most hours with riding through terrain (GTA driving minus the traffic!) and 'shooting gallery' action (on or off the horse) which almost plays itself thanks to the automatic targeting system (like in GTA V). The characters are memorable, a few of them among my favorite Rockstar characters ever. The game world is a marvel at times, even if you've played later open world games such as Skyrim or Assassin's Creed IV. But it also doesn't give much of a reason to explore it. No stunt jumps. No meaningful looting. No silly collectibles (except the skins of wild animals). It's completely straight-faced most of the time, and you know exactly what to expect of cabins, woods, towns etc. No surprises.

In retrospect, the game went all-in on impressive assets and characters. That focus made it impressive next to its contemporaries. However, especially the former quality will always get competition when technology improves. Good gameplay can be timeless. Red Dead Redemption plays like it could have been simply thought out in the last century, and it barely shows hints of innovations in its genre. So it feels stuck there.

If you've never played a Rockstar game before, you might add two points to the score. If you're crazy about westerns, you can safely add at least one point. But I'd recommend GTA V or GTA Vice City instead, or Skyrim or Assassin's Creed IV for similarly exotic game worlds.
  64. Apr 27, 2014
    This game is one of the best i've ever played. It looks beautiful and the story is fun.
    Only problem is that it crashed twice. Also the end is one of the most unforgettable i've ever seen.
    Every one should play this game.
  65. Apr 5, 2014
    Story: 9.5 out of 10 Graphics: 9.5 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 9 out of 10 Controls: 9.5 out of 10
    Multiplayer: 8.5
    Ease to Learn: 9.5 out of 10
    Length: 9 out of 10
    Re-play: 8.5 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: none
  66. Apr 1, 2014
    Good Game.. Great story, charismatic main character, voice acting, the ending was great and fantastic old west world (especially Mexico)..The only thing that kinda sucked was that some of the main story missions were very boring but besides that the game is fantastic.. The mini games are addicitve and well made (poker, liars dice etc..) ..If you are a fan of GTA series, then buy, if not,Good Game.. Great story, charismatic main character, voice acting, the ending was great and fantastic old west world (especially Mexico)..The only thing that kinda sucked was that some of the main story missions were very boring but besides that the game is fantastic.. The mini games are addicitve and well made (poker, liars dice etc..) ..If you are a fan of GTA series, then buy, if not, buy it anyway Expand
  67. Mar 27, 2014
    This game is the reason I got a PS3. This is like GTA but, with horses instead of cars and marshals instead of cops. The graphics are awesome, some people complain that covering vast distances with a horse is boring but I found the scenery amazing (besides, you’re gonna miss on the side-missions if you just skip the journeys). There’s a loose storyline yes, but in this game the focus isThis game is the reason I got a PS3. This is like GTA but, with horses instead of cars and marshals instead of cops. The graphics are awesome, some people complain that covering vast distances with a horse is boring but I found the scenery amazing (besides, you’re gonna miss on the side-missions if you just skip the journeys). There’s a loose storyline yes, but in this game the focus is the gameplay. There’s a ton of fun things to do, from performing simple cowboy tasks like herding cows to patrolling towns for criminals or even deer hunting. Hell you can even bet your money on blackjack or poker. Unfortunately one negative aspect of the game for me is the music, or rather the lack of it as there’s too many moments of silence. Overall the game is amazing and if you buy this you’re in for a treat. Expand
  68. Mar 19, 2014
    Played this game right after it came out. A little buggy, but still makes anything Naughty Dog or Irrational Games made look like amateur hour, The Last of Us included.
  69. Mar 7, 2014
    Open world western at it's best. RDR captures the feeling of living as a cowboy perfectly, from herding cows, to shooting bandits, riding horses, playing cards in saloons. These mini-games are especially nice touch as you can spend hours and hours having fun playing dice, poker, blackjack... From the single-player standpoint it's almost perfect, good story, characters, immersiveOpen world western at it's best. RDR captures the feeling of living as a cowboy perfectly, from herding cows, to shooting bandits, riding horses, playing cards in saloons. These mini-games are especially nice touch as you can spend hours and hours having fun playing dice, poker, blackjack... From the single-player standpoint it's almost perfect, good story, characters, immersive environment full of varied natural life, lots of different animal species, some missions might be a bit repetitive in a style of go there, shoot everyone, get back, but it keeps your attention and entertainment quite high all the way through and I loved the ending. My main complaint is a completely broken and annoying multiplayer, but as long as you keep it SP, it's an amazing western experience. 9/10 Expand
  70. Feb 19, 2014
    Rockstars Best game yet incredible World and a fascinating story.
    I am not a Big fan of most of thèrese open World games but this is really a game everything western fans hold play.
  71. Feb 18, 2014
    OMG! This game (2. TLOU and 3.GTA V) is the best game I had ever played. Big, beautiful world, great story, won and one of the best main character ever. Thank you Rockstar.
  72. Feb 8, 2014
    This is so boring. Go there and kill that guy. Go there and kill that guy. Also this is so incredibly easy. Where is the challenge ? There are lots of weapons but it makes no difference. They all feel the same. You can buy items at the shopkeepers but the items barely have an impact on the game. You can earn cash ... But there is nothing useful or fun that you can by with it. There is anThis is so boring. Go there and kill that guy. Go there and kill that guy. Also this is so incredibly easy. Where is the challenge ? There are lots of weapons but it makes no difference. They all feel the same. You can buy items at the shopkeepers but the items barely have an impact on the game. You can earn cash ... But there is nothing useful or fun that you can by with it. There is an hardcore mode but activating this mode requires you to restart the game from the beginning and go through the horribly painful tutorial where you play the role of a cow boy in a ranch.

There are side quests. Guess what ? Go there and kill that guy !

It could have been a nice game because the graphics and the music are nice.
  73. Jan 20, 2014
    Great game that is all i have to say with great graphics, amazing atmosphere and open world so why i only give it a 7/10 you may ask? Well, i found that the begining missions with bonnie and the late missions with johns family were realy dull and got me realy bored but the rest were all exciting and fantastic and i would have enjoyed the ending a bit more if my stupid friends didnt spoilGreat game that is all i have to say with great graphics, amazing atmosphere and open world so why i only give it a 7/10 you may ask? Well, i found that the begining missions with bonnie and the late missions with johns family were realy dull and got me realy bored but the rest were all exciting and fantastic and i would have enjoyed the ending a bit more if my stupid friends didnt spoil it for me but i still realy enjoyed the single player to the point of actually getting 100%. Now the multiplayer was realy fun even when you are playing alone. I mean there is just so much that you can do that it is realy addicting but sadly the community is realy little nowadays and there are loads of hackers that steal your fun. If it wasnt for the online comunity this game would be an easy 10/10 especially with undead nightmare but if just want to beat the campaign then WTF are you doing. Expand
  74. Jan 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the only game I would consider perfect. Out of all the games I'v ever played, this is the best by a country mile.

First off, the change in direction was an absolutely brilliant move by Rockstar. I wasn't a big fan of GTA IV, so a breath of fresh air was definitely good. The new setting of The Wild West is fantastic, expansive and full of random events and things to discover. Hunting, Marksmanship and Treasure Hunting are just some of the things to do in this amazing world.

The graphics are superb. There are sometimes a few bugs, but otherwise they're flawless. Sunrise and Sunset look amazing, and the water graphics are also superb. The movement and appearance of humans and animals is great, especially horses. I'm still looking for a game that has better horse graphical animations than Red Dead Redemption.

The music is also flawless. Just look up the soundtrack if you don't believe me. It consists of your standard Wild West Saloon music to your licensed tracks, like the one as you enter Mexico. It's an unforgettable soundtrack and it adds to the game immensely.

The controls are spot on, and the introduction of Dead Eye is a welcome addition, especially when taking down animals or large groups of enemies. The weapon selection wheel is great for changing weapons or equipment quickly, and seeing how much ammunition you have for each gun before entering a fight. The controls are also great, as they add a new feel to the horses and how they're stamina is affected by galloping for long periods of time.

Storywise, this is my favourite game ever. Red Dead Redemption tells the story of John Marston, a former gang member, and how he is forced by Federal agents to take up his guns and hunt the men he once rode with in order to save his family. His journey takes him from ranches to the outback of Mexico, where he becomes a crucial figure in the Mexican Revolution. The addition of character with conscience in a Rockstar game is a welcome change, as it provides much more variety than your average mass-murdering sociopath offered by Grand Theft Auto. The game still allows you to go on murderous rampages, bu the new Honour system may discourage you as it decreases as you commit crimes and kill people, and it starts to affect how NPCs view you. Similar to this is Fame, which increases as you play through the story and perform big actions that affect the world. These two features are great as they add a sense of progression throughout the story as you become more notorious and well-known throughout The Wild West. The end of the game is an emotional one, and it will leave you questioning who's side you're on, before the Federal Agents finally betray John Marston and kill him. You are then allowed to play as John's son, Jack, and have the option of hunting John's killer and duelling him in a standoff for an alternative ending to the game. This addition is fantastic as it means the game doesn't end on a sad note, and it allows you to find redemption for Jack Marston.

Overall I cannot recommend this game more. If it isn't a PS3 Essential/Platinum title, it should be. It earns it's title as my favourite game ever, and I'm sure it will make an impression on you to. If you don't own this game; grab it before you're sucked into another story-driven game on Next-Gen.
  75. Dec 31, 2013
    I'll start with the things you (like me) probably won't like. There's a lot of repetition, the animation sequences for picking up ammo, flowers and skinning animals will grind, especially since you might be doing it as many as ten times in a row. The constant tapping of X to run and to drive the horse will at first be irritating, though you will get used to it so as you don't noticeI'll start with the things you (like me) probably won't like. There's a lot of repetition, the animation sequences for picking up ammo, flowers and skinning animals will grind, especially since you might be doing it as many as ten times in a row. The constant tapping of X to run and to drive the horse will at first be irritating, though you will get used to it so as you don't notice you're even doing it. You will get tired of being poor and of being told there are new items at the gun store only to find it's just ammo you got from corpses anyhow. You probably won't really start to enjoy the game until quite far in actually. There isn't a lot to do in the world besides hunt so you better learn to enjoy the slow pace and atmosphere of the game, something it really does well I think. I'm sure so far this is putting you off the game, but hold your horses and read on.

Tips: When you're on a cart with some other character don't skip it, those conversations really help build the story, which isn't delivered in an in-your-face sort of way.

This game felt to me like one of those books that you force yourself to read, all the while wondering why you're bothering yet stubbornly you push on with that 'I've started so I'll finish' mentality and by the time you finish it you sit in stunned silence realising that this book is the greatest book you've ever read. In a similar fashion I had to wait a couple of days before I could bring myself to play another game, I had to have time to process it all. It was more than just a game, it was an experience!

As for Undead Nightmare there's only a couple of problems: The button press icon to pick ammo up from corpses doesn't show up reliably. There could be more story cut-scenes. Since it's basically just fun DLC though it's amazingly full featured. The need to conserve ammo and actually run away from the undead coupled with the fact that even when you're armed to the teeth later on you can still die surprisingly easily will keep you on your toes, which is exactly what you want in a zombie game. Undead Nightmare does a surprisingly good job of capturing that survival horror feeling from the early Resident Evil games, and the setting is a nice change for a zombie game!
  76. Dec 20, 2013
    Unforgettable experience. Only 2 games last gen give me deep empathy. RDR is one of. This is not only a game but also a fantastic cultural journey in american west appearing to be barren but hiding endless charm.
    In addition, RDR recalls me Ocarina of Time so how in gameplay and atmosphere.
  77. Dec 11, 2013
    I liked the first hours. Let me begin by saying that I'm not a sandbox guy. I don't really like just doing stuff in the world, I never know what to do. I need missions and storyline. So based on that, I liked the first hours. But after a while I got bored, and by the ending I was just playing because I wanted to complete is, didn't pay off. GTA IV payed off at the end of the story, thisI liked the first hours. Let me begin by saying that I'm not a sandbox guy. I don't really like just doing stuff in the world, I never know what to do. I need missions and storyline. So based on that, I liked the first hours. But after a while I got bored, and by the ending I was just playing because I wanted to complete is, didn't pay off. GTA IV payed off at the end of the story, this one this not. Except for that, I had about the same experience, and GTA IV was never really a drag. Expand
  78. Dec 7, 2013
    Rockstar nailed the look and feel of this game. There's great visual fidelity, and some of the best sound design a game has ever had. There is a mission where you go with a character named irish to mexico, and the ending that leaves you riding through mexico at sunrise with a great song will give you goosebumps. The story is excellent, and has plenty of wacky characters for you to meet, myRockstar nailed the look and feel of this game. There's great visual fidelity, and some of the best sound design a game has ever had. There is a mission where you go with a character named irish to mexico, and the ending that leaves you riding through mexico at sunrise with a great song will give you goosebumps. The story is excellent, and has plenty of wacky characters for you to meet, my only gripe is that the story seems like the story keeps going on and on forever. The ending also left me feeling EXTREMELY underwhelmed. It felt like I had dumped 50 hours into the game, and had no idea why. The gameplay is across the board very good, with some standouts and some missed notes. Gunplay, horse controls, deuling, and hunting are excellent, along with the slo-mo dead eye shooting mode which allows you to tag multiple targets and helps you pull off impressive kills/get out of sticky situations. I don't like how whenever you skin an animal, you have to watch the same cutscene of John skinning the carcass again and again, which can get long if you're hunting bears or elk (there is a glitch which allows you to skip it if you park your horse over the animal and then skin it). RDR is one of the games of this generation hands down, and while you're at it, you can also play the excellent multiplayer and the phenomonal zombie apocalypse dlc undead nightmare. Fantastic overall Expand
  79. ERB
    Nov 30, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption is one of the games in the PS3 console we will always remember.The game looks so real and the graphics in this game is beautiful.The world in this game huge and it is fun adventuring the whole world of red dead redemption.The horses in this game looks awesome and I love riding the horses in this game.It is fun!You can also go to bars and drink beer.After you drink soRed Dead Redemption is one of the games in the PS3 console we will always remember.The game looks so real and the graphics in this game is beautiful.The world in this game huge and it is fun adventuring the whole world of red dead redemption.The horses in this game looks awesome and I love riding the horses in this game.It is fun!You can also go to bars and drink beer.After you drink so many beers your character will go drunk which is funny.The guns in this game is also cool and my favorite gun is the Mauser Pistol"The Mauser Pistol is a gun from Germany".There are just not one country here but there are two in this game.You can adventure America And Mexico.I'll give the graphics in this game a score of 3/3 and the world of Red Dead Redemption a score of 2/2.

The game play in this game is fun.There is this new bullet time"Like Max Payne"which is called the Dead Eye.The dead eye allows you to not get any damage while Dead Eye is active.The Dead Eye also allows you to put an x marks on the enemy and when you shot with your gun the bullets are fired on where you put x marks on the enemy.The Dead Eye is so cool.It is fun playing in an open world game especially when you are in the Wild West.The game play is fun and I love It!The game play gets a score of 2/2.

The most important thing in this game is the story.The story of John Marston begins when the law captured John's family and the law told him to kill the criminals whom they are John's formal gang mates and friends.The friends he had before are notorious criminals.Now John is forced to pick up his guns and kill who the law are asking him to kill.The story of Red Dead Redemption is interesting and the ending in this game is so touching that it really made me cry in a good way.I love this game Red Dead Redemption is a legendary game for the PS3.Thank you Rockstar for making this game.This game is incredible.We all love this game.I'm giving the story of this game a score of 3/3.Combine all the scores for this game and It gets a 10/10!This game is legendary and I recommend you people to buy this game now and try playing it.I promise you people you will love this game.Rockstar please make a sequel for Red Dead Redemption.I love this game.I love Red Dead Redemption.
  80. Nov 28, 2013
    The game just recreated reference western, even the Clint Eastwood did it. In terms of gameplay the truth is sagging because of similar assignments, but the setting and the mechanics of the game and well worth it. Try this game if you love westerns.
  81. Nov 25, 2013
    I Loved that game, it was quite awesome, it's the best old-west game i'v ever seen, the story got it's cliches but still a good history and the graphics are awesome, the bad part of this game is that he has a lot of bugs.
  82. Nov 22, 2013
    one of my greatest decision was choosing Red Dead Redemption over GTA 4. saw some GTA 4 walkthrough and felt like a blant colourless game. Red Dead is so far the best from Rockstar games. tons of missions and side missions and lots more content as compared to any other games. Red Dead is a mix od ruthless western era, classic gunplay, riding like a cowboy, hunting down anything that comesone of my greatest decision was choosing Red Dead Redemption over GTA 4. saw some GTA 4 walkthrough and felt like a blant colourless game. Red Dead is so far the best from Rockstar games. tons of missions and side missions and lots more content as compared to any other games. Red Dead is a mix od ruthless western era, classic gunplay, riding like a cowboy, hunting down anything that comes in your way. it took way more time to complete 100% it was not high on graphics and a few bugs which was solved after the patch it had Undead Nightmare free in the game of the year version. what else would anyone want buy 1 get 1 free Expand
  83. Nov 19, 2013
    Un gran juego, no mucho de mi gusto pero no esta mal, aun asi, lo recomiendo, pero me da pena que se centre mas en el online que en el modo historia, aun asi me gusto bastante el juego y estando a 40€ pues...si podeis pillaroslo, hacedlo ^^ no os arrepintireis, esta muy bien el juego de verdad, destacaria mucho que es un sandbox muy grande, pero aun asi, no se si merece la pena para los noUn gran juego, no mucho de mi gusto pero no esta mal, aun asi, lo recomiendo, pero me da pena que se centre mas en el online que en el modo historia, aun asi me gusto bastante el juego y estando a 40€ pues...si podeis pillaroslo, hacedlo ^^ no os arrepintireis, esta muy bien el juego de verdad, destacaria mucho que es un sandbox muy grande, pero aun asi, no se si merece la pena para los no muy amantes del juego y mas encima viniendo con el de zombis ^^ Expand
  84. Nov 12, 2013
    A terrific sandbox game set in a fictional old-west. Everything you've heard about the graphics and sound are true. Good voice acting and a compelling storyline keep things moving while the side quests and mini games keep everything interesting. The game is only marred by a sloppy control scheme that takes a LOT of getting used to, and a ridiculous, cumbersome save system. I would haveA terrific sandbox game set in a fictional old-west. Everything you've heard about the graphics and sound are true. Good voice acting and a compelling storyline keep things moving while the side quests and mini games keep everything interesting. The game is only marred by a sloppy control scheme that takes a LOT of getting used to, and a ridiculous, cumbersome save system. I would have also liked it if the setting had been based on actual places in the old west instead of a fictional southwestern state. In all, though, a fun, gigantic game that very much lives up to the hype. Expand
  85. Nov 12, 2013
    Hi, this is my first ever review so apologizes for any newbish mistakes or errors =)

For me this game was near perfection but first of let me list the couple of minor complaints i had with red dead: My first issue with the game is its slow introduction and what I mean by that is that the first few missions you do for Bonnie (those who have played the game know of whom i am talking about) seemed a bit sluggish and unnecessary. My other compliant is that herding animals e.g. horses and cows seemed a bit confused i could never get them to go quite were i wanted them no matter how hard i tried.

Now i have listed the negatives let me tell you the positives (and there are allot) the games story is fantastic and i felt the game did a perfect job of putting you in John Marston's (the protagonist) shoes, secondly the graphics in this game (even though they don't really impact a game for me) are fantastic the world feels vast and is full of things to do. That leaves the mp and game play I for one thought that the game play was very solid and suited the game well as for the multi player i did not play it too much but its a worthwhile feature and i'm glad its there.

If you managed to read through all that you have my thanks If you haven't already please give this game a go you wont regret it
  86. Nov 7, 2013
    I´ve cried. I´ve cried alright. That´s how much you get attached to the characters. A gorgeous, open world with awesome graphics, an awsome gameplay. It´s an absolutely Rockstar -ish game. And the multiplayer, undead nightmare and the dlc´s make what´s perfect more perfect. Once you beat the story 100% is really great and hard. A 10. No less
  87. Oct 31, 2013
    This game kept me on the screen for a long time, i spent numerous days all day long playing it and enjoying every second of it, it looks amazing, it has numerous fun side missions, funny dialogue, you get an amazing feel like if you really were a cowboy in the wild west, great story, cool events on the streets like dueling for example, poker and liar's dice which are two amazing miniThis game kept me on the screen for a long time, i spent numerous days all day long playing it and enjoying every second of it, it looks amazing, it has numerous fun side missions, funny dialogue, you get an amazing feel like if you really were a cowboy in the wild west, great story, cool events on the streets like dueling for example, poker and liar's dice which are two amazing mini games...
    This game is the best game rockstar has ever made, yes it is better then GTA V and any other R* game
    RDR rules.
  88. Oct 29, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption is a five star game. Unique and one of a kind. From main story missions to side missions and all. Everything about this game will keep you hooked until the end.
  89. Oct 19, 2013
    An epic western but in video game form. Red Dead Redemption is an epic open world sandbox set in the last days of the Old West in 1911. The story revolves around John Marston, a former outlaw who tried to leave behind his old way of life and start a family, but this is turned on it's head when the government takes his wife and son away and forces him to hunt down members of his old gang.An epic western but in video game form. Red Dead Redemption is an epic open world sandbox set in the last days of the Old West in 1911. The story revolves around John Marston, a former outlaw who tried to leave behind his old way of life and start a family, but this is turned on it's head when the government takes his wife and son away and forces him to hunt down members of his old gang.

Gameplay wise it is pretty much a reskin of GTA IV, but this is not as bad as it sounds because the mechanics from GTA IV work better in RDR than they do in GTA IV. A new mechanic in the game is the Dead Eye feature where you can slow down time and manually point targets on your enemies and then quickly fire the shots with dead accuracy, Dead Eye is incredibly satisfying to use and a good implementation into the game.

Being an open world game has its merits and its flaws for this game. On one hand you have this beautiful sprawling open world with the Frontier and Mexico with beautiful vistas and varied locations, but you'll spend most of your time looking at a horses backside because everything is so spaced out (a trick is to just set a waypoint and use a campfire to fast travel there).

Final Thoughts: Buy This Game, completely worth it.
  90. Oct 18, 2013
    This game is boring. It’s Grand Theft Auto in the Old West, which may sound intriguing until you actually play it for a while and discover that something as simple as moving your “vehicle” in reverse has become a tedious pain in the butt. Not to mention that riding a horse is flat out nowhere near as fun as driving a car and removes most of the things that make the GTA sandbox funThis game is boring. It’s Grand Theft Auto in the Old West, which may sound intriguing until you actually play it for a while and discover that something as simple as moving your “vehicle” in reverse has become a tedious pain in the butt. Not to mention that riding a horse is flat out nowhere near as fun as driving a car and removes most of the things that make the GTA sandbox fun (different types of vehicles, stunt jumps, etc).

Everything down to the gameplay structure & unnecessarily long cutscenes during missions is the same as GTA4. You unlock mission givers and have to travel to them from your save point, then to the mission objective, then back to the save point, over & over again. Except, as I mentioned, you’re on a horse instead of in a car. The graphics on PS3 are also disappointing, just like GTA4.

There is allegedly some incredible story buried in this game, but good luck finding it. I played for about 20 hours and never encountered it (also a lot like GTA4). I completely lost interest in whatever was going on after doing my umpteenth random task for whats-her-name the cattle rancher. The sidequests are even worse. I can’t imagine how mind-numbing it would be to try and reach 100% completion on this game.

If you have a serious hard-on for the Old West, horses, and moving slowly over mostly empty & bleak terrain, this game is your huckleberry. Otherwise, steer clear.
  91. Oct 15, 2013
    Beautiful, exciting and a game that keeps you going for hours and hours. Sadly quite buggy when it first came out, something that snapped you back to reality in no-time from the otherwise great immersion.
  92. Oct 14, 2013
    Rockstar have outdone themselves with this one, the obvious main focus is the story and it is a brilliant one that will take you all the way across this big map, all of the little events that pop up while you are roaming around add that little bit extra to the game so you have to be quick thinking or you could end up dead or walking the rest of the way to your destination, the graphics areRockstar have outdone themselves with this one, the obvious main focus is the story and it is a brilliant one that will take you all the way across this big map, all of the little events that pop up while you are roaming around add that little bit extra to the game so you have to be quick thinking or you could end up dead or walking the rest of the way to your destination, the graphics are great and the environment is beautiful and there is so much to explore, there is a ton of character development through the as well as a tone of back story on number of character on the way to this game is the bench mark for all open world games and to date nothing has bettered it and we might have to wait until we see a Red Dead Redemption sequel for it to be bettered Expand
  93. Oct 10, 2013
    I agree with evreyone on the the fact that this game really is a 10/10 and that it is alot better than GTA 4 and if you are wondering why it is for these simple reasons the colours are so much more vibrant and realistic, the gameplay has the element thats called DEAD EYE and it really is one of the most amusing awesome modes for gameplay i have ever had the pleasure to use, and anotherI agree with evreyone on the the fact that this game really is a 10/10 and that it is alot better than GTA 4 and if you are wondering why it is for these simple reasons the colours are so much more vibrant and realistic, the gameplay has the element thats called DEAD EYE and it really is one of the most amusing awesome modes for gameplay i have ever had the pleasure to use, and another reason is that the controls are better, the sound is better, the world is full of different areas, so for example rich snowy mountains, scorching deserts and towns that show the industrial revolution at its finest. So the bottom line is that this game is a masterpiece and shows what develops can do if they put there mind to it,and they are rewarded or we are rewarded in having simply the BEST OPEN WORLD GAME EVER MADE and one of the best games ever in general. Expand
  94. Oct 5, 2013
    Um dos melhores games da historia. Nunca gastei meu dinheiro tão bem quando o comprei, recomendo a todos, quem não gostou do jogo, me chupa ou vai dar na zona.
  95. Oct 5, 2013
    rockstar truly make the best games this game is great, nothing like the good old western days mounted on the back of a horse shooting crazy lunatics and cowboys with a great story and character to back it up
  96. Sep 28, 2013
    Mi segunda compañía favorita de videojuegos es Rockstar, y con una sólida razón: sus juegos son impresionantes y hechos con suma importancia para que el público haga buen uso de ellos y gusten, y entre esos juegos se encuentra "Red Dead Redemption", un juego totalmente impresionante que, como todos sabemos es otra joya en el gran nido de Rockstar. Es un juego totalmente completo y digno deMi segunda compañía favorita de videojuegos es Rockstar, y con una sólida razón: sus juegos son impresionantes y hechos con suma importancia para que el público haga buen uso de ellos y gusten, y entre esos juegos se encuentra "Red Dead Redemption", un juego totalmente impresionante que, como todos sabemos es otra joya en el gran nido de Rockstar. Es un juego totalmente completo y digno de ser comprado y experimentar el lejano oeste como nunca antes lo has hecho. Expand
  97. Sep 25, 2013
    Pros
    1. Huge world that makes you feel like you're in the wild west.
    2. Excellent storyline and voice acting 3. Graphics off in the distance are excellent the changing weather against the landscape brings the world alive. Negative 1. I don't see the point in all the weapons when they are barely needed as they all do the same thing and none of the missions are challenging enough
    Pros
    1. Huge world that makes you feel like you're in the wild west.
    2. Excellent storyline and voice acting

Negative
    1. I don't see the point in all the weapons when they are barely needed as they all do the same thing and none of the missions are challenging enough to make you feel like a need to swap through them much.
    2. The missions are repetitive and many can be very boring

Overall a very good game, but don't believe the hype. It's good, but no more than that.
  98. Sep 8, 2013
    Great game. Sometimes a little bit boring, when you must ride from one piece of map to other but random quests and possibility of fast transfer is solving this problem. Very good game, i pray gtav (its only o e week to this) will take this great conditions and positive moments of this game.
  99. Sep 5, 2013
    now this is a good game I haven't played single player much as the multiplayer is good enough to justify whatever the cost is now. but that may be me. I have been playing this on and off for two ears now and still can't find a problem with it. very good game. just giving it 9/10 because it isn't my favorite game. glitches are funny too and not a bad thing at all.
  100. Sep 5, 2013
    Probably my favorite game of all time, Red Dead Redemption is an artful masterpiece. The characters, landscape, and animals are all impeccable crafted. Definitely a must-buy for any gamer.
  101. Oct 12, 2011
    A nearly flawless game. Rockstar took a different path with this game, a more serious storyline rather than the GTA series. You become so attached to the characters and their story, and it really got to me when I played. On the subject of graphics, Red Dead Redemption is beautiful. From the beautiful sunsets, to the tiny details that somebody took time to make. It's a game you really haveA nearly flawless game. Rockstar took a different path with this game, a more serious storyline rather than the GTA series. You become so attached to the characters and their story, and it really got to me when I played. On the subject of graphics, Red Dead Redemption is beautiful. From the beautiful sunsets, to the tiny details that somebody took time to make. It's a game you really have to take slowly to fully enjoy, and you can't quite play it like GTA. Overall, one of my favorite games of all time and why I think Rockstar is one of the best developers out there today. Collapse

1. The game perfectly captures the expansiveness of frontier life and the gritty gunplay of spaghetti westerns, rightfully earning its place alongside the great Western films and the best Rockstar games. [Issue#206, p.86]
  2. Rockstar's skill in creating a believable, functioning world with a distinct, coherent and consistent atmosphere is peerless. The broad-brush vision is masterful.
  3. Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece. This game is the perfect example of how a developer should work to create the best atmosphere and to represent a beautiful historical situation. The graphics, the gameplay elements and everything else is at top level. Buy Red Dead Redemption, now!