Red Dead Redemption PlayStation 3

8.9

1. Oct 27, 2016
    Best game ever made! Hmmm. Gotta make this 150 characters long.......do da de da de da do da de da de da de da do da de da de da de da do da de da de da de da do.
  2. Jun 25, 2016
    Rockstars best game. This game is so much better than all their other games in every aspect (apart from L.A. Noire which is much more innovative). Shortly: it's GTA: Cowboy but with a lot of improvements.
    The game has amazing graphics, some of the best characters in a video gamer ever, a quite good story, great gameplay, dynamic environment: you can go hunting, saving people, killing people, stealing stuff, robbing stuff, catching criminals etc etc ... and all this feels really realistic and alive. The only thing I can bash on is that it's still the standard (in the main quest) go from "point A to point B" thing. There is no real choice on how to do a mission which feels very linear to the rest of the game. But anyhow, it's one of the best games ever and it's definatley Rockstars best game. Love it. Collapse
  3. Nov 1, 2016
    Overhyped junk.
    You see:
    Plot is dull and vague
    Missions are repetetive and unoriginal.
    Same lame gta4, but with horses
    graphx is good, so youngsters maybe be pleased, but that's it.
  4. Aug 29, 2010
    9.5 Amazing environments, fantastic controls, and incredibly addictive. Rockstar somehow keeps creating compelling characters because its one of the few gaming studios left that ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO WRITE GOOD SCRIPTS. This is definitely one of the best games of the year so far.
  5. Mar 1, 2011
    Although this game appears to have a great atmospheric quality to it that non other game in the history video gaming can conquer, Read Dead Redemption is a title that will ultimately captivate western fans and those of the Rockstar genre, and though it delivers with a great amount of action, where it fails to deliver are in it's dull moments. The game is incredibly lengthy, on the plusAlthough this game appears to have a great atmospheric quality to it that non other game in the history video gaming can conquer, Read Dead Redemption is a title that will ultimately captivate western fans and those of the Rockstar genre, and though it delivers with a great amount of action, where it fails to deliver are in it's dull moments. The game is incredibly lengthy, on the plus side, but the down side is that it causes the audience to enjoy it much less after a few play throughs, which has burdened the rockstar franchise for may of there titles. Overall, great game, but lacking in quality when it comes to some aspects. Expand
  6. Oct 31, 2010
    i love this game and i still continue to play it now... the graphics are amazing the story is great and the world is just alive... yes this game is better than gta because rockstar have taken the GTA formula and then made it better... no its not GTA on a horse its like a simulator of wat life was like as a cowboy....essential buy it now...
  7. Nov 10, 2010
    I took the Madame of Thieves' Landing, hogtied her to train tracks then sat back and watched in sadistic glory as the train roared on by and a little pop-up in the corner of my screen alerted me that I received the "Dastardly" trophy (I swear I felt somewhat bad). How can you not give this game at 10 out of 10.

Great soundtrack too, by the way.
  8. Jan 30, 2011
    By now you probably know all about Red Dead Redemption. It had a harsh development life at Rockstar, it won all the awards and it's "awesome." But you haven't bought it yet - so you're probably wondering if it's for you. Here's some perspective. If you felt disappointed, bored or simply satisfied and done with the last GTA than you probably won't find much to love with Red Dead Redemption.By now you probably know all about Red Dead Redemption. It had a harsh development life at Rockstar, it won all the awards and it's "awesome." But you haven't bought it yet - so you're probably wondering if it's for you. Here's some perspective. If you felt disappointed, bored or simply satisfied and done with the last GTA than you probably won't find much to love with Red Dead Redemption. No, it's not fair to call RDR simply GTA on a horse but it does play much like it. There is an interesting story here, the world feels alive and is gorgeous, there's plenty to do but in the end the game plays very similar to GTA. That is a good or bad thing. Additionally while the overall story is interesting and engrossing it takes its time to progress. It started, something happens at the 4ish hour mark and another thing happens at the 8-9 hour mark. Nothing is happening in between. Nothing. So what goes on there? Favor quests. Do you know those sidequests games throw in with strangers asking you for a favor? Yeah, most of RDR's main quests are just like that. You'll meet someone, they'll tell you to do something and you'll need to do it. The main character will begin commenting on how ridiculous this is in the 6th or 7th hour of this constant favor quests which doesn't make it ok. It feels lazy. "I'll help you if you do this...now this...great! Now let's do this! Ok. I have a friend. Go see them and do this and they'll help you. I have to go and can't." Get used to that. For all there is to do in RDR I've been focusing on the main missions simply because they already feel like side missions so I have no desire to do extra favors for extra goodies on the side and the game is pretty long which is good (10th hour right now) but they could have made the missions more story or main character oriented. The combat is good, this is a great shooter at it's core. You can also use a bullet-time system to mark enemies and do quick executions. You can fight on your horse. You'll lasso and tie enemies from afar. Occasionally you'll make important decisions. You'll enjoy horse riding from mission to mission although there comes a point where it takes too long and gets a bit old, so you'll probably switch to the instant travel option in the menu. There are some fun games to play, old movie shorts to watch, and some system to buy property for money but you'll never need it. I've never needed to worry about money, buy health or buy a weapon...but if you want to it's there. There's multiplayer in here too but it feels as unpolished and fun as GTA's multiplayer - so can decide on that for yourself. So is Red Dead Redemption for you? This is a game worthy of it's hype. The story is good, the voice acting is even better, the graphics are usually gorgeous and the gameplay is topnotch. It appeals to a mass audience and is a better package than most games last year. Is it worthy of the hype? Yes and no, for reasons I've noted. If you're interested in cowboys, love GTA or want a deeper action experience then give it a try. If you don't like games with a ton of excess fat that is labeled as "depth" or if you've had enough of the GTA sandbox-littered-with-favor-missions setup than you will not find much to enjoy here. While it is a better overall package than most games last year I'd have to give it an 8/10 at most due to some lazy structuring, extremely slow pacing and poorly implemented mechanics. Expand
  9. Sep 13, 2011
    Dull. This is the best word for this game. Sorry, but I am not interested in skinning racoons, or riding MILES across plains to get to the next shootout. Yes, beautiful, atmospheric, clever, well made. But dull.
  10. Dec 31, 2010
    Out of Rockstar Games, it was actually the best I saw, but I still believe this game does not deserve to be in Game of the Year because although the game had amazing gameplay and storyline, the battle system was a little too unoriginal just because it shows the Old West. If I look closely, I still believe that Final Fantasy 13 shows better graphics, storyline, and even gameplay becauseOut of Rockstar Games, it was actually the best I saw, but I still believe this game does not deserve to be in Game of the Year because although the game had amazing gameplay and storyline, the battle system was a little too unoriginal just because it shows the Old West. If I look closely, I still believe that Final Fantasy 13 shows better graphics, storyline, and even gameplay because that game was the first to indtroduce a new concept which I understand was not perfect. Expand
  11. Feb 28, 2011
    As far as games go, it doesn't get much better than this one. The graphics are, at times, strikingly beautiful. The game is also unbelievably well written and acted, there were a couple times during this game which almost made me tear up. Gripping, intelligent, and fierce. A great game all around. Oh, yeah, and it's fun as **** to play.
  12. Feb 22, 2011
    A very immersive experience. The world feels so alive and authentic.This along with the time period and a strong cast of characters allow for an engaging story. The gameplay is a lot of fun and typical of a rockstar game.
  13. May 12, 2011
    For me this was pretty much everything GTAIV wasn't... an immersive story line with a new world that was exciting to explore, from the mountains all the way down to the lush green plains and then the rolling deserts... The zombie add on was also truly great, changing the world enough so that I wanted to go exploring again to find the yeti's the four horses of the apocalypse... and manyFor me this was pretty much everything GTAIV wasn't... an immersive story line with a new world that was exciting to explore, from the mountains all the way down to the lush green plains and then the rolling deserts... The zombie add on was also truly great, changing the world enough so that I wanted to go exploring again to find the yeti's the four horses of the apocalypse... and many other little hidden gems! One of the best sandbox games ever Expand
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. I suspect it will be a very long time before I am honored to play a game as good as this in the future. It's the best open world game I have ever played. The graphics are top notch. The voice acting really is exceptional and pulls you into the story. The sound is great. from the muffled sounds of your horses hooves to the crisp sounds of western gunOne of the best games ever made. I suspect it will be a very long time before I am honored to play a game as good as this in the future. It's the best open world game I have ever played. The graphics are top notch. The voice acting really is exceptional and pulls you into the story. The sound is great. from the muffled sounds of your horses hooves to the crisp sounds of western gun shooters. You really start to have feelings for the main character. The horses in this game are absolutely beautiful, and realistic. There are plenty of mini games in this open world gem including; poker, horse shoes, arm wrestling, finger knife, black jack, and liars dice. Expand
  15. Apr 16, 2013
    I first bought Red Dead Redemption not longer after it was originally released. I played the first chapter, which sets up John Marston's character, but then I forgot to keep playing it and only got going again about 6 months later. What a mistake I made! Once I got playing again, I fell in love with everything about this game, the story, the setting, the music, gameplay, the lot....itI first bought Red Dead Redemption not longer after it was originally released. I played the first chapter, which sets up John Marston's character, but then I forgot to keep playing it and only got going again about 6 months later. What a mistake I made! Once I got playing again, I fell in love with everything about this game, the story, the setting, the music, gameplay, the lot....it pulls you in and you don't want to let go of the controller. RDR is an open world RPG/action game, following the story of a betrayed outlaw, John Marston. He sets off in search of those who screwed him over, as well as trying to find the whereabouts of his wife and son. All this taking place against the backdrop of the mystical American Frontier. If you follow only the main storyline, you would be looking at a good 20-30 hours of gameplay, and easily double that if you want to finish all the other side missions of the single player campaign...even then I think I had only achieved 50% of all the available trophies. The graphics are superb and really capture the magic of the American west and Mexican frontier, something which I am always fond of in movies. The music too really helps capture the atmosphere and the Jose Gonzalez song in particular, which plays at a specific point in the game, tops it off. When I finished the single player campaign in full, I really felt saddened by having that part of it end. Another reviewer mentioned this as being better than GTA 4 I agree, without doubt. So, while it does chew up so big gameplay hours, this is a must play console game. Expand
  16. Jul 4, 2013
    For an open-world game this seriously lacks the RPG elements, there is no crafting, upgrading of any serious kind, or choice. While the narrative does have some moments where you can make decisions, they have little to no impact, and to my deepest regret they really punish you if you want to be a bad guy. Who doesn't love playing an open world game where you can do some morallyFor an open-world game this seriously lacks the RPG elements, there is no crafting, upgrading of any serious kind, or choice. While the narrative does have some moments where you can make decisions, they have little to no impact, and to my deepest regret they really punish you if you want to be a bad guy. Who doesn't love playing an open world game where you can do some morally questionable things here and there without to much repercussions.

However these are just nitpicks in comparison to the major problem: The game is boring! Now the story is very good, especially the ending (which I will not spoil here.) The combat is also really fun, engaging, and really makes you feel like you are in a western...when it happens. There is a lot of ridding around, A LOT OF RIDDING AROUND!!! The sceneries are nice and graphically amazing but they quickly become boring and pointless. This really ruins the game in my opinion because it sucks it dry of whatever fun the combat brought. My favorite part of the game was actually the last third, which was a pleasant surprise after the grudging middle section. The reason I liked this section so much though was because you stay in one area for most of the missions, which involved a lot less meandering and a lot more of the awesome western combat.

I feel like most every review for this game is way off, either it gains way too much praise for its scenery and beautiful graphics, with no mention of how far too often that occurs. OR it receives an overload of hatred where even the best parts were criticized. Overall it has its ups and downs, is definitely way too overrated, but not a bad game either, it is decent enough to earn a 6 out of 10.
  17. Dec 7, 2013
    Rockstar nailed the look and feel of this game. There's great visual fidelity, and some of the best sound design a game has ever had. There is a mission where you go with a character named irish to mexico, and the ending that leaves you riding through mexico at sunrise with a great song will give you goosebumps. The story is excellent, and has plenty of wacky characters for you to meet, myRockstar nailed the look and feel of this game. There's great visual fidelity, and some of the best sound design a game has ever had. There is a mission where you go with a character named irish to mexico, and the ending that leaves you riding through mexico at sunrise with a great song will give you goosebumps. The story is excellent, and has plenty of wacky characters for you to meet, my only gripe is that the story seems like the story keeps going on and on forever. The ending also left me feeling EXTREMELY underwhelmed. It felt like I had dumped 50 hours into the game, and had no idea why. The gameplay is across the board very good, with some standouts and some missed notes. Gunplay, horse controls, deuling, and hunting are excellent, along with the slo-mo dead eye shooting mode which allows you to tag multiple targets and helps you pull off impressive kills/get out of sticky situations. I don't like how whenever you skin an animal, you have to watch the same cutscene of John skinning the carcass again and again, which can get long if you're hunting bears or elk (there is a glitch which allows you to skip it if you park your horse over the animal and then skin it). RDR is one of the games of this generation hands down, and while you're at it, you can also play the excellent multiplayer and the phenomonal zombie apocalypse dlc undead nightmare. Fantastic overall Expand
  18. Feb 18, 2014
    OMG! This game (2. TLOU and 3.GTA V) is the best game I had ever played. Big, beautiful world, great story, won and one of the best main character ever. Thank you Rockstar.
  19. Nov 18, 2015
    I really enjoyed this game. It's different to GTA and gives a great adventure Western style. The story does get really good at times but sometimes it can feel repetitive. Nonetheless it's well worth the play as the side missions are alot of fun.

John Marston soon becomes one of your favourite video game characters in this gun slinging, animal hunting, horse taming game. I loved it and would not sell my version as I wouldn't defently play this again.
  20. Jun 30, 2016
    Basically, it is like playing a freaking good Western Movie.
    Great story mode, including awesome characters and full of very good references to spaghetti western movies.
    It will remain in my heart for decades!
  21. Aug 14, 2010
    What can i say, apart from, this game is just epic. When i played through the single player story missions, i could never keep on track for long, thanks to all the random side quests popping up, which distract you from the main missions. The old west is brought to life again in this frankly, epic game. The story mission is suitably long, although the ending is questionable on how good itWhat can i say, apart from, this game is just epic. When i played through the single player story missions, i could never keep on track for long, thanks to all the random side quests popping up, which distract you from the main missions. The old west is brought to life again in this frankly, epic game. The story mission is suitably long, although the ending is questionable on how good it is, the main single player campaign is very good. The only problems seen with the single player is the fact the game is quite glitched, and during a 6 hour bashing session of this game, there were around 1 glitch/ freeze per hour, which is bearable, however very frustrating when you're in the middle of a mission and end up restarting the ps3. This is the reason that the game, personally for me, is just kept off the 10/10 mark. Moving onto the multi player, the multi player is deep, and keeps you occupied well after the single player is completed, the attraction of getting better horses and guns keeps you interested, as well as the endless activities and things for you to do. This game is especially good when you have a few mates to make havoc with. Overall then, this game is a brilliant buy, i would definitely recommend it, as in my mind it is way above the quality of GTA 4, thanks to the endless tasks to complete, and the knowledge that the open plains on the map are always full of life gives a warm feeling to the game. I definitely recommend, it's an excellent buy! Expand
  22. Aug 25, 2010
    Fantastic game with almost endless playability if you like the online. There are a few noticeable bad points to the game with prevent it from being a 10. Most notability the glitches which can be frustrating at times, also the multiplayer doesn't feel incredibly fun to play and competitive multiplayer can be quite boring. Although the game is redeemed with it's excellent story and the bestFantastic game with almost endless playability if you like the online. There are a few noticeable bad points to the game with prevent it from being a 10. Most notability the glitches which can be frustrating at times, also the multiplayer doesn't feel incredibly fun to play and competitive multiplayer can be quite boring. Although the game is redeemed with it's excellent story and the best 'open world' graphics a game has offered us yet. It certainly isn't for everyone, the first hour or so amounts to nothing more than cattle herding. But the rest of the game is very solid and although the pace never becomes 'intense', it does get quite brilliant towards the end. Finally, the world which the game is set is far more memorable and realistic than Liberty City of GTA IV. Unlike the crowded, drab world of GTA IV, (which was far from bad in itself), Red Dead manages a small collection of easily identifiable towns that have far more charm in them than Liberty City. Overall, It's not outright better than GTA IV, but certainly does Rockstar proud with a 'Game of the year' contender. Expand
  23. Sep 27, 2010
    I give this game a 10 out of 10 but I wish I can give it more. The game was a mixture of class, amazing graphics, perpetually interesting gameplay, and a great storyline.
  24. Feb 11, 2011
    This is a spectacular game, and did not disappoint at all. I had trouble putting the controller down every time i played. It is an easy 10 out of 10.
  25. May 19, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games of all time. Red Dead Redemption is the perfect game for Rockstar to make, the story is immersive and the overall gameplay is great! The graphics are some of the best I've seen, this game is just awesome! :P But if your looking to just shoot up the west, then this may not be the game for you. Yes there are amazing gun blazing moments like RockStar alwaysThis is one of the greatest games of all time. Red Dead Redemption is the perfect game for Rockstar to make, the story is immersive and the overall gameplay is great! The graphics are some of the best I've seen, this game is just awesome! :P But if your looking to just shoot up the west, then this may not be the game for you. Yes there are amazing gun blazing moments like RockStar always delivers, but the story is where its at in this game. Now I love to shoot a barman as much as the next guy, but people (while looking through the reviews here) must have expected another GTA 4. This is not GTA, this is better in my personal opinion. I had no problems with this game, maybe a little slow to get the story going, but I love the huge open world, with animals to hunt and bandits to shoot in the face. The multiplayer however is by far the best part, multiplayer free roam is just a blast! Going into possies with your friends and hunting outlaws (or being outlaws) is an exhilarating experience that should be in more games. Overall, I can expect to keep coming back to Red Dead Redemption. Expand
  26. Jul 3, 2013
    The best game I have ever played on PS3. It is like Grand Theft Auto but set in the Midwest with a much better story line. I actually found myself immersed in my character. The best part is this game is entertaining for months. Its not like Uncharted (after you beat it in two-three days your done. This game I actually can play again and again.
  27. Dec 6, 2011
    My one saving grace on the ps3 right now. Its the only game that is actually working well for me on the p3 right now. Its a hoot to play although a bit graphic in places and certainly something that you don't want your kids in the same room while your playing!
  28. Aug 1, 2012
    THE... GREATEST... GAME.... EFFIN EVER!!! If you didn't like this game you have zero concept of character development, plot, climax and a perfect ending to a perfect game. Go play Call of Duty if you don't enjoy this game where you just mindlessly run around and shoot people. I highly doubt a better game will ever be made. A masterpiece within gaming. Absolute perfection. Actually, I thinkTHE... GREATEST... GAME.... EFFIN EVER!!! If you didn't like this game you have zero concept of character development, plot, climax and a perfect ending to a perfect game. Go play Call of Duty if you don't enjoy this game where you just mindlessly run around and shoot people. I highly doubt a better game will ever be made. A masterpiece within gaming. Absolute perfection. Actually, I think I hate you if you don't like this game. Expand
  29. Mar 16, 2013
    This fantastic game with deep storyline played more with my emotions that any other game I remember. It's masterpiece with great graphics, very good control mechanics and absolutely brilliant game-play and story. It's not just GTA in Wild West. It's living world you will be sucked into.
  30. Feb 24, 2013
    Really I'd give this an 8.5. This is a large game with plenty to do: main quests, bounty hunting, outfit collecting, poker, completing challenges, you name it. You'll be quite occupied and always striving to get that game completion up to 100%. The 3rd person shooter combat is always engaging, and Dead Eye (slowing down time and pinpointing shots) makes you feel legendary. The environmentsReally I'd give this an 8.5. This is a large game with plenty to do: main quests, bounty hunting, outfit collecting, poker, completing challenges, you name it. You'll be quite occupied and always striving to get that game completion up to 100%. The 3rd person shooter combat is always engaging, and Dead Eye (slowing down time and pinpointing shots) makes you feel legendary. The environments really feel Western, which was the whole point. The story's pretty weak though. You're always after the goal of getting your family back by bringing down an old gang, but you just happen to get sidetracked a couple of times. I really wasn't engrossed in the plot at all. The weak story and the repetitive random encounters are the only gripes I have with this game. Expand
  31. Jun 27, 2013
    This game shows why rockstar is one of the most beloved game company's in the world, with its utterly amazing: RED DEAD REDEMPTION. The graphics are stellar, the map is massive, detailed, and full of life, gameplay is fun and addicting, and the story is absolutely fantastic. I simply have nothing to complain about except for very few bugs and glitches, which won't be penalised, as I thinkThis game shows why rockstar is one of the most beloved game company's in the world, with its utterly amazing: RED DEAD REDEMPTION. The graphics are stellar, the map is massive, detailed, and full of life, gameplay is fun and addicting, and the story is absolutely fantastic. I simply have nothing to complain about except for very few bugs and glitches, which won't be penalised, as I think it's 100% impossible to make a game without some technical errors. In short, this game is a masterpiece, and unmissable experience. Expand
  32. Oct 15, 2013
    Beautiful, exciting and a game that keeps you going for hours and hours. Sadly quite buggy when it first came out, something that snapped you back to reality in no-time from the otherwise great immersion.
  33. Jun 10, 2016
    Una decepción. Llegaba al Red Dead Redemption con las expectativas de encontrarme ante unos de los mejores juegos de la pasada generación y me he encontrado una decepción. El juego está bien, es notable y en su contexto es un buen juego. Quizá el gran apartado gráfico para 2010 jugara un gran papel a su favor, pero una vez aparcamos los gráficos (y su bajones a 15FPS en PS3) me encuentroUna decepción. Llegaba al Red Dead Redemption con las expectativas de encontrarme ante unos de los mejores juegos de la pasada generación y me he encontrado una decepción. El juego está bien, es notable y en su contexto es un buen juego. Quizá el gran apartado gráfico para 2010 jugara un gran papel a su favor, pero una vez aparcamos los gráficos (y su bajones a 15FPS en PS3) me encuentro una historia con la que es difícil empatizar desde el principio, un guión que no sale de lo previsible y unos personajes sosos sin ningún ritmo. El juego mejora algo a lo largo de la trama, pero para nada se merece que se le encumbre a obra maestra. Expand
  34. Jun 8, 2015
    Even 5 years after the original release, Red Dead Redemption remains one of my favourite games of all time and the best open-world game that ever existed with games like GTA V being only a humble followers of its greatness.
  35. ysi
    Apr 6, 2017
    I'm just a causal gamer and I do not like Western or the Wild West. So to me, it was an okay solid game. I appreciated its beauty and realistic feel. But the gameplay never felt compelling and addicting for a game. The story was dry. The missions were too easy. The fame and honor system didn't matter much and didn't make any sense to affect the story line or characters. This game created aI'm just a causal gamer and I do not like Western or the Wild West. So to me, it was an okay solid game. I appreciated its beauty and realistic feel. But the gameplay never felt compelling and addicting for a game. The story was dry. The missions were too easy. The fame and honor system didn't matter much and didn't make any sense to affect the story line or characters. This game created a beautiful world, but the story and gameplay is not on the same level. Expand
  36. Aug 25, 2010
    Hype Strikes again i will admit the story was fun but horses suck compared to cars and I'm from the Midwest. i didn't like GTA4 that much and was afraid RDR would be the same layout which it was ,but my main reason for giving this game a 5 is because the MP was a joke auto aim lackluster pile of steaming horse crap there is nothing to do. Don't give me that **** about how there'sHype Strikes again i will admit the story was fun but horses suck compared to cars and I'm from the Midwest. i didn't like GTA4 that much and was afraid RDR would be the same layout which it was ,but my main reason for giving this game a 5 is because the MP was a joke auto aim lackluster pile of steaming horse crap there is nothing to do. Don't give me that **** about how there's challenges i mean come on flower picking and the game mode types were stupid this game was not made to be competitive its engine just cant handle that and as a result TDM and the other modes felt like a bad ps2 third person shooter ,and all the other boring ass stuff they threw in there to try to make it work was laughable at best. i found my self just boosting my levels up on the easiest gang hideout with friends just to give me something to do and the pvp reward system is a joke 5 point for killing another person its retarded you would have to kill 200 real people which would take for ever in a game were there is only ever 4 freaking people in a lobby when i could just boost a easy gang hideout in 1:40 and get 1000 xp. overall i was done with this game in like a 5 days b/c the MP was just to damn boring OVER HYPED NUFF SAID Expand
  37. Nov 17, 2010
    This game is gran-theft auto in the desert using western guns and horses. Its awesome. Probably one of the most creativite ways to use an open world system in years. The graphics are good, gameplay is non-manatonous, random events occur, and you can kill any animal you see anywhere. Pretty unique game here. Buy it if you like western movies, are a gta fan, or enjoy open ended games. RentThis game is gran-theft auto in the desert using western guns and horses. Its awesome. Probably one of the most creativite ways to use an open world system in years. The graphics are good, gameplay is non-manatonous, random events occur, and you can kill any animal you see anywhere. Pretty unique game here. Buy it if you like western movies, are a gta fan, or enjoy open ended games. Rent it if not, because everyone should try this game. Expand
  38. Nov 21, 2010
    There is no where near enough words to describe the majesty and scale of this unforgettable western adventure, so you will simply have to play it yourself. The characters and plot are well fleshed; John Marston is probably the coolest character ever made in a video game. The graphics are beautiful, the sky a wish-wash of oranges and reds at sunset and a bright electric blue at day. WhilstThere is no where near enough words to describe the majesty and scale of this unforgettable western adventure, so you will simply have to play it yourself. The characters and plot are well fleshed; John Marston is probably the coolest character ever made in a video game. The graphics are beautiful, the sky a wish-wash of oranges and reds at sunset and a bright electric blue at day. Whilst it is not of the length of the likes of GTA IV, the journey through is probably better (just). Absolutely essential to any game collection, this game is a modern gaming masterpiece. 95%. Expand
  39. May 7, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game until the end of the Storyline. It was a huge disappointment, so much I stopped playing it. It's better than all of the GTA games and the graphics were epic.
  40. Jun 9, 2011
    Amazing game and a must must must buy for a Western fan. The story is as engrossing as any classic western, visuals and animation are at rockstar quality, sounds are top notch (from the soundtrack to authentic sounding weapons to the excellent voice acting). This is a very long game but exciting every step of the way and story develops slowly but leaves you entirely satisfied at itsAmazing game and a must must must buy for a Western fan. The story is as engrossing as any classic western, visuals and animation are at rockstar quality, sounds are top notch (from the soundtrack to authentic sounding weapons to the excellent voice acting). This is a very long game but exciting every step of the way and story develops slowly but leaves you entirely satisfied at its conclusion. Outside of the main story, there a numerous side adventures that are extremely fun (hunting animals in particular and chasing fugitives). It was a pleasure for me to complete this game 100% which I could not say the same for GTA4. Best Rockstar game of all time. Expand
  41. Oct 23, 2011
    The only thing that I hate from this game is : Why The John Marston Cannot Swimm ?? great riding horse,great visualization,great hunting,great storyline and characters
  42. Nov 18, 2011
    for people who say red dead redemption is gta with a horse well you are wrong.it is way more than that.the environment is beautiful.will play it about 56 hours if you do the side missions.
  43. Dec 21, 2011
    I think it is the best PS3 game I ever played. The only bad thing I found is that the beginning and the ending are boring compared to the action of the middle of the game. But this is a really good game, with an excellent soundtrack, an excellent scenario, an excellent gameplay, an excellent map, sublime landscapes, long life expectancy (+ multiplayer).
  44. Jan 1, 2012
    The best game RockStar has ever made in my opinion, yes, even better than GTA. Much lasting appeal, some of the best graphics around, good sounds and awesome gameplay (even riding a horse around is fun).
    An incredible campaign is joined by a solid multiplayer experience. A Western game can't get any better than this. 10/10
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    This is one of the few true masterpieces this gen. Single player was way more than just a GTA clone converted into a western. Even the multiplayer wasn't all that bad. I'm doing this review as the game was a few months post-release. The story was actually moving to the point that I was enraged about what occurs at some points in the game. That is a going thing though. If the narrativeThis is one of the few true masterpieces this gen. Single player was way more than just a GTA clone converted into a western. Even the multiplayer wasn't all that bad. I'm doing this review as the game was a few months post-release. The story was actually moving to the point that I was enraged about what occurs at some points in the game. That is a going thing though. If the narrative doesn't provoke any emotion then its crap...like Borderlands 1. I think this is a must have for anyone with a PS3, especially now that its super cheap. Expand
  46. Mar 2, 2012
    Red Dead Redemption is one of those games that suck you in for weeks.
    Red Dead Redemption is one of those games that suck you in for weeks.
    When I first started the game I didn't like the controls and I thought that the main character is not very cool.After 3 hours,when finally got used to controls, I just couldn't stop playing.Most amazing thing in this game is that you never get bored.There are tons of things to do in single player,like hunting all the animals,doing different side quests and so on.During the story missions,even when you are just riding to some destination for a long time,you still don't get bored,because of the super interesting dialogues between characters.This game is a smash hit,you miss so much if you don't play it.
  47. Nov 14, 2012
    Must play. Must own. Must experience gem. Beautiful world and great music to reflect the atmosphere that is the wild west. Memorable protagonist and great campaign mode. GREAT game. Sega was my first game system and o how far we've come. RDR is a real treat. Bought the game for 20 bucks and worth every money and then some.
  48. Oct 4, 2012
    Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's greatest achievement. No open world game matches the epic scale, storytelling, and environments packed into the game. This is the best Western to grace a gaming system and is certainly worth your time. There is much bang for your buck here.
  49. Oct 29, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption is a five star game. Unique and one of a kind. From main story missions to side missions and all. Everything about this game will keep you hooked until the end.
  50. Mar 6, 2013
    It`s the best game I`ve ever played, in decades of gaming. What can I say about the immersive plot, the enormous open map, the beautiful soundtrack, the perfect gameplay. And the ending just makes you want to cry. You can almost feel everything John Marston feels, it simply feels like a movie that you can control. Legen, wait for it, dary!
  51. Jun 24, 2015
    As of the writing of this review, the online component of this game is completely broken. The servers are glitchy, the sessions are lost, other players are invisible...and the eternal loading. The single player was OK, but not worthy of the praise written in the other reviews. This game will get monotonous fast as the Wild West is more desolate than any other sandbox game. You haveAs of the writing of this review, the online component of this game is completely broken. The servers are glitchy, the sessions are lost, other players are invisible...and the eternal loading. The single player was OK, but not worthy of the praise written in the other reviews. This game will get monotonous fast as the Wild West is more desolate than any other sandbox game. You have been warned. Expand
  52. Dec 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome. And the people who give it a 0 or 1 are just ether saying there opinion or just being very hard on this master piece. It my feel empty when John is killed in a heroic sad ending with the government bags that threaten and heras him. And jack ( johns son) is not that great and likeable as john. So the game has a great story that my repeat some stuff but is a joy to follow till the end. Expand
  53. Jun 5, 2016
    juegazo me mantuvo enganchado a la play y es epico :) Beautiful, stylish and engrossing. If you ever had the yearning to be a cowboy in the old west then Rockstar have got all the bases covered. From duels in the streets to poker in a bar in Mexico to watching the sun set ove rthe mountains there is every activity you could ever want to enjoy in the game. Story wise the tale of Johnjuegazo me mantuvo enganchado a la play y es epico :) Beautiful, stylish and engrossing. If you ever had the yearning to be a cowboy in the old west then Rockstar have got all the bases covered. From duels in the streets to poker in a bar in Mexico to watching the sun set ove rthe mountains there is every activity you could ever want to enjoy in the game. Story wise the tale of John Marston is engrossing and you feel deeply connected to the character throughout the game. This is one of Rockstar's best moments and one which has gameplay for many months to come. Expand
  54. Jul 4, 2016
    Amazing game, especially for its time. Was never into old Westerns or anything of the sort but found myself quite immersed with this one. I'm really hoping to see a sequel come for current gen.
  55. Oct 2, 2016
    Juego no tan conocido a comparación de los que hace rokstar ,el juego western por defecto,gran banda sonora,en todos los sentidos mejor que gta 4 y encima en el oeste lo cual es mejor.
  56. Aug 20, 2010
    This game is indeed very good. the production values are very high and i must say that this game looks amazing. The character models are very detailed and the games story is very well told and you are constantly meeting new characters ( who usually vary from normal to very odd) this is a plus point. the controls are also very good. the developers at Rockstar have kept the same controls asThis game is indeed very good. the production values are very high and i must say that this game looks amazing. The character models are very detailed and the games story is very well told and you are constantly meeting new characters ( who usually vary from normal to very odd) this is a plus point. the controls are also very good. the developers at Rockstar have kept the same controls as in GTA 4. but the actual missions are what let me down. in my opinion the game just gets gradually more and more repetitive. after abut an hour into the game I felt as though the game started to lack something special as the missions become a real chore and you keep having to do the same thing over and over again. go over, talk to this guy and follow him over to another place, where a gang of thieves will be waiting for you or just to meet a new character. and it stays almost the same throughout the game. it is a very good game and playing online in a party with friends is very enjoyable and is where the game stands out, but as a single player experience, it is very good but I felt that it could introduce a more varied set of missions in order to keep me interested in it. Expand
  57. Aug 30, 2010
    Mafia II refuses to follow the crowd of open-world games by putting authenticity at the head of its agenda instead of sheer scale and off-the-hook action. Empire Bay is a fantastic embodiment of the 1940s/'50s; really sharp cinematography and mostly solid voice acting; well-built experience with a handful of notable moments. Most exciting moments in game are seen and not played;Mafia II refuses to follow the crowd of open-world games by putting authenticity at the head of its agenda instead of sheer scale and off-the-hook action. Empire Bay is a fantastic embodiment of the 1940s/'50s; really sharp cinematography and mostly solid voice acting; well-built experience with a handful of notable moments. Most exciting moments in game are seen and not played; superficial narrative fails to explore briefly mentioned themes; streamlined campaign lacks side missions or exploration.
    Game duration 8 -10 hours depending how slow/fast you play
  58. Sep 15, 2010
    Red Dead Redemption is probably Rockstar's most immersive and beautiful game to date but it is by no means perfect, basically GTA4 with horses. Lets start with the good; it's big, it's beautiful, capping people in the leg and watching the physics work their magic never gets old, the guns feel solid and powerful and for once in gaming we seem to have an accurate representation of what aRed Dead Redemption is probably Rockstar's most immersive and beautiful game to date but it is by no means perfect, basically GTA4 with horses. Lets start with the good; it's big, it's beautiful, capping people in the leg and watching the physics work their magic never gets old, the guns feel solid and powerful and for once in gaming we seem to have an accurate representation of what a gunshot wound to the head would actually look like. However the game does have problems, while almost every characters motivations and personalities are interesting, John Marston's, weirdly, isn't. While Marston's cause is a worthy one, he doesn't half go on about it, repeating the same story over and over to passers-by and anyone who'll listen, conscious or not. Also the game is just plain easy; the cover button seems to toggle god-mode and dead-eye (while visceral and satisfying) is just bullet-time in a dress. Also, bears shouldn't be able to take a shell to the head without flinching, they're bears not houses. In conclusion this is a good game hampered by small niggles, like a supermodel with no teeth... And Jack can jump in a **** black hole too Expand
  59. Sep 24, 2010
    This game is rated WAY TOO HIGH for what it is. The dialog is full of tired old moralizing and just about the time you're willing to accept that it's a shooting game pretending to have a moral compass you walk in on Reyes having sex. What??? Riding horses back and forth the map gets really old, and the story line is tiresome. "If you'll just do this one more mission we'll find the manThis game is rated WAY TOO HIGH for what it is. The dialog is full of tired old moralizing and just about the time you're willing to accept that it's a shooting game pretending to have a moral compass you walk in on Reyes having sex. What??? Riding horses back and forth the map gets really old, and the story line is tiresome. "If you'll just do this one more mission we'll find the man your looking for..." and then again "if you'll just do one more we can find him..." Rockstar must be thrilled to have put out such a basket case of a game and still make as much money off it. I almost finished this long game, but couldn't believe how much more crap I had to do after I'd reached a point in the story where it should have ended! Long games do not equal good games! Expand
  60. Mar 25, 2013
    One of the best environments I've ever seen in a video game. It makes you feel like you're in the wild west. Rockstar always has really great voice acting and storytelling. This game may be their best.
  61. Oct 18, 2011
    A great, great game! RDR takes you to the western world with perfection. John Marston is one of the best characters ever in video games history. Open world, tons of missions, great gameplay, awesome graphics and a soundtrack that makes the experience more immersive! if you have a PS3 or a XBOX360, go and buy this masterpiece! RDR is one of the 3 favorite games of all time (for me).
  62. Aug 19, 2011
    Rockstar found gold with this title.Yeah, you can cause havock if you want to, just like in GTA 4, but the story and more importantly, it's feel, makes this game more than a GTA set in the west.They just nailed the inherent sadness of the best westerns.Behaviour, dialog, characters and beautiful graphic design, all evoke those hard, past times.The ordeal the main character has to overcameRockstar found gold with this title.Yeah, you can cause havock if you want to, just like in GTA 4, but the story and more importantly, it's feel, makes this game more than a GTA set in the west.They just nailed the inherent sadness of the best westerns.Behaviour, dialog, characters and beautiful graphic design, all evoke those hard, past times.The ordeal the main character has to overcame to find some kind of solace it's handled in a very serious manner, giving the ending some extraordinary gravitas to it I've never seen before on a game.The gameplay is flawless, a 3rd person shooter with varied, fun missions you can accomplish to advance the main story or side missions for secondary characters which provide some much needed comic relief.The game's long and fun, and it has a multiplayer that give it endless replayability.Highly recommended! Expand
  63. Sep 7, 2011
    one of the best games ever made! you can spend days playing even when you finished the story because there is more to explore in mutliplayer and single player: challenges, intermission with other players, the great level and thousands of other things which make this game to a MUST HAVE and MUST PLAY for everyone!
  64. Feb 20, 2013
    Easily one of the best games of the current generation of consoles. It plays like a more polished, Wild West version of GTA but is superior to Rockstar's flagship franchise in nearly every conceivable way. Plain and simple, if you like the Wild West, third person shooters, sand box games, and games with great storytelling than RDR is a can't miss game. The gunplay isn't revolutionary butEasily one of the best games of the current generation of consoles. It plays like a more polished, Wild West version of GTA but is superior to Rockstar's flagship franchise in nearly every conceivable way. Plain and simple, if you like the Wild West, third person shooters, sand box games, and games with great storytelling than RDR is a can't miss game. The gunplay isn't revolutionary but effective and satisfying. The plot isn't the most original out but the characters will draw you in and will remain on your mind long after the game is finished. Where this game truly shines is in it's ability to bring the Old West to life in a way not yet accomplished by any other game. Some might think having such vast stretches of wilderness taking up the game map would make for a boring experience traversing the world but nothing could be further from the truth. As players travel to and from the hustle and bustle of various frontier towns and sleepy settlements they will encounter a number of crazy characters, wild beasts, and side quests to keep them entertained along the way. Every inch of this digital world is teeming with life. The landscape is absolutely gorgeous and traveling this faux-Tex/Mex region on horseback alone a joy. I have never played a game with such efficient and tight horse control as in this game. I won't ramble on any more for fear of ruining the pleasure found in discovering what RDR has to offer on your own but if you are even thinking about buying this game, DO IT! Expand
  65. Feb 11, 2013
    This is one of those rare games that you are really vexed when you have completed it. Wonderful story, characters and phenomenal landscape made for my favourite ever gaming experience. I return to it fairly often for the hunting trails alone. Multiplayer was also enjoyable. Belly laughs throughout. Look forward to a follow-up.........how about "Red Dead or Alive".
  66. Jun 14, 2013
    RDR is likely my favorite game of all time. I've been playing games since 1975 and I've seen a lot.
    The atmosphere, music, dialogues, characters... everything is done in a way where the game is very
    immersive. I remember looking forward to play the game after work just to escape and relax. A true MASTERPIECE. Likely the only game I will give a 10.
  67. Jan 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the only game I would consider perfect. Out of all the games I'v ever played, this is the best by a country mile.

First off, the change in direction was an absolutely brilliant move by Rockstar. I wasn't a big fan of GTA IV, so a breath of fresh air was definitely good. The new setting of The Wild West is fantastic, expansive and full of random events and things to discover. Hunting, Marksmanship and Treasure Hunting are just some of the things to do in this amazing world.

The graphics are superb. There are sometimes a few bugs, but otherwise they're flawless. Sunrise and Sunset look amazing, and the water graphics are also superb. The movement and appearance of humans and animals is great, especially horses. I'm still looking for a game that has better horse graphical animations than Red Dead Redemption.

The music is also flawless. Just look up the soundtrack if you don't believe me. It consists of your standard Wild West Saloon music to your licensed tracks, like the one as you enter Mexico. It's an unforgettable soundtrack and it adds to the game immensely.

The controls are spot on, and the introduction of Dead Eye is a welcome addition, especially when taking down animals or large groups of enemies. The weapon selection wheel is great for changing weapons or equipment quickly, and seeing how much ammunition you have for each gun before entering a fight. The controls are also great, as they add a new feel to the horses and how they're stamina is affected by galloping for long periods of time.

Storywise, this is my favourite game ever. Red Dead Redemption tells the story of John Marston, a former gang member, and how he is forced by Federal agents to take up his guns and hunt the men he once rode with in order to save his family. His journey takes him from ranches to the outback of Mexico, where he becomes a crucial figure in the Mexican Revolution. The addition of character with conscience in a Rockstar game is a welcome change, as it provides much more variety than your average mass-murdering sociopath offered by Grand Theft Auto. The game still allows you to go on murderous rampages, bu the new Honour system may discourage you as it decreases as you commit crimes and kill people, and it starts to affect how NPCs view you. Similar to this is Fame, which increases as you play through the story and perform big actions that affect the world. These two features are great as they add a sense of progression throughout the story as you become more notorious and well-known throughout The Wild West. The end of the game is an emotional one, and it will leave you questioning who's side you're on, before the Federal Agents finally betray John Marston and kill him. You are then allowed to play as John's son, Jack, and have the option of hunting John's killer and duelling him in a standoff for an alternative ending to the game. This addition is fantastic as it means the game doesn't end on a sad note, and it allows you to find redemption for Jack Marston.

Overall I cannot recommend this game more. If it isn't a PS3 Essential/Platinum title, it should be. It earns it's title as my favourite game ever, and I'm sure it will make an impression on you to. If you don't own this game; grab it before you're sucked into another story-driven game on Next-Gen.
  68. Jun 22, 2013
    the game is perfect!
    the plot is very interesting and you have a lot things to do, like story mission, side missions and perfect multiplayer.
    everyone must play this game!
  69. Jul 18, 2013
    This game was one that rode into the sunset with everything it did right finally a western game I can take my hat off to. This game taught me how to play poker how to be good a horseshoe throwing and how to ride horses bareback style. Everything from the single player to the multiplayer feels needed in the game going hunting, duels, posses and bounty's. Do yourself a favour next time youThis game was one that rode into the sunset with everything it did right finally a western game I can take my hat off to. This game taught me how to play poker how to be good a horseshoe throwing and how to ride horses bareback style. Everything from the single player to the multiplayer feels needed in the game going hunting, duels, posses and bounty's. Do yourself a favour next time you play this game put your Akubra hat on with a nice pair cowboy boots and pour yourself a glass of whiskey to add to the experience. This game gets a 9.6 from me and my guaranteed seal of approval Expand
  70. Sep 5, 2013
    now this is a good game I haven't played single player much as the multiplayer is good enough to justify whatever the cost is now. but that may be me. I have been playing this on and off for two ears now and still can't find a problem with it. very good game. just giving it 9/10 because it isn't my favorite game. glitches are funny too and not a bad thing at all.
  71. Oct 5, 2013
    rockstar truly make the best games this game is great, nothing like the good old western days mounted on the back of a horse shooting crazy lunatics and cowboys with a great story and character to back it up
  72. Oct 31, 2013
    This game kept me on the screen for a long time, i spent numerous days all day long playing it and enjoying every second of it, it looks amazing, it has numerous fun side missions, funny dialogue, you get an amazing feel like if you really were a cowboy in the wild west, great story, cool events on the streets like dueling for example, poker and liar's dice which are two amazing miniThis game kept me on the screen for a long time, i spent numerous days all day long playing it and enjoying every second of it, it looks amazing, it has numerous fun side missions, funny dialogue, you get an amazing feel like if you really were a cowboy in the wild west, great story, cool events on the streets like dueling for example, poker and liar's dice which are two amazing mini games...
    This game is the best game rockstar has ever made, yes it is better then GTA V and any other R* game
    RDR rules.
  73. Feb 8, 2014
    This is so boring. Go there and kill that guy. Go there and kill that guy. Also this is so incredibly easy. Where is the challenge ? There are lots of weapons but it makes no difference. They all feel the same. You can buy items at the shopkeepers but the items barely have an impact on the game. You can earn cash ... But there is nothing useful or fun that you can by with it. There is anThis is so boring. Go there and kill that guy. Go there and kill that guy. Also this is so incredibly easy. Where is the challenge ? There are lots of weapons but it makes no difference. They all feel the same. You can buy items at the shopkeepers but the items barely have an impact on the game. You can earn cash ... But there is nothing useful or fun that you can by with it. There is an hardcore mode but activating this mode requires you to restart the game from the beginning and go through the horribly painful tutorial where you play the role of a cow boy in a ranch.

There are side quests. Guess what ? Go there and kill that guy !

It could have been a nice game because the graphics and the music are nice.
  74. Apr 8, 2015
    Can a video game be a work of art? This is a question I have pondered for years, being a gamer since the ps2 era, and I have finally come to the conclusion after playing this game. From the outstanding Midwestern setting, the amazing score (the final song still brings tears to my eyes), and the story of a man who wants nothing more than to leave his past life behind in favor of that of aCan a video game be a work of art? This is a question I have pondered for years, being a gamer since the ps2 era, and I have finally come to the conclusion after playing this game. From the outstanding Midwestern setting, the amazing score (the final song still brings tears to my eyes), and the story of a man who wants nothing more than to leave his past life behind in favor of that of a family man, is just incredible at any standard. This game is a journey that every gamer should experience, and is not only the best Rockstar game (yes, that includes GTA 5), but one of the greatest video games of all time. Expand
  75. May 18, 2017
    I will say this about a hundred video games, but if this is your first game ever, then you might enjoy it. It's gorgeous, the writing is good ("Blinding pain of a sinister expression!"), and there are a few things to do that you'll love (killing wanna-be Jack the Rippers) and you'll love to hate (herding cows). But if this isn't your first game, and you've got a few under your belt, peopleI will say this about a hundred video games, but if this is your first game ever, then you might enjoy it. It's gorgeous, the writing is good ("Blinding pain of a sinister expression!"), and there are a few things to do that you'll love (killing wanna-be Jack the Rippers) and you'll love to hate (herding cows). But if this isn't your first game, and you've got a few under your belt, people were right when they said this is tedious and repetitive. It doesn't get creative, but it tries to. Not the worst game I've played, but I don't know if I would by it full price. Expand
  76. Jul 11, 2011
    This game is beautiful. The vast landscape, the bustling western towns, the dynamic characters, this game is one of the greatest of this gen. Good job, Rockstar.
  77. Aug 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now I'm not going to say what has been said a million times on EITHER side.On one side people are saying its the same as Gta4....it not.And on the other side Its the greatest game ever.Yes,I think it was very good but once you beat the game and hae to play as Johns son Jack he is the MOST annoying character since Jar Jar bink half the time when you are riding the horse he says stupid stuff that make me want to break my game.Also,why cant I swim ...you could in the previous rockstar games but no , a badass like John Marston can't swim. Expand
  78. Aug 20, 2010
    Much, much better than GTA 4. Before anybody bashes me with this phrase, hear me out - it is simply a better game, it has that class and charm that I feel was lost after the GTA games on PS2. The graphics are very clean, the landscapes are fantastic (particularly at sunrise/sunset), a part of you feels like you're back in a classic Spaghetti Western when you play this, it's veryMuch, much better than GTA 4. Before anybody bashes me with this phrase, hear me out - it is simply a better game, it has that class and charm that I feel was lost after the GTA games on PS2. The graphics are very clean, the landscapes are fantastic (particularly at sunrise/sunset), a part of you feels like you're back in a classic Spaghetti Western when you play this, it's very authentic looking. The controls don't have a steep learning curve, the music is well done, even though I think this was the game's main weakness (I would have brought in Ennio Morricone for it), the characters are full of life (and if you have friends similar to Irish, it makes it all the more amusing), the side missions are mixed in difficulty and can happen anytime you're out on your horse or for a walk. Pure and simply, if you're interested in American History, Movies about the wild west, Graphic Novels about the wild west, dressing up like a Cowboy to a rodeo show, playing the hero or the antagonist, travelling around the south western USA and mexico, and have a 360 or PS3 available - this is a game that deserves a good look! Expand
  79. Nov 23, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have given this game this score for the simple fact that people made it out to be the perfect and best game imaginable but lets be honest, it really isn't. Its too easy for gods sake. I managed to go through out HUGE chunks of the game without dying. Im talking about 2-3 hours worth of the game and I would be able to kill everyone and everything and that is pretty much down to the fact that the shooting is so easy. Before you even think about it. I did take the auto aim and move it up to whatever difficulty it has for the shooting and it made no difference whatsoever because nothing was going to stop me. The AI is stupid. The story is boring. After you get to go to Mexico I seriously had had enough of the cut scenes so I just skipped them. They aren't like the ones in games like Uncharted where because of the characters and that it advances the plot that I have to watch it. The mission variety is boring. At least with GTA there was fun out of me going around and shooting and killing people. In this its just like here you go. I know its set in the days of cowboys and all that but come on. This is just boring. What annoyed me the most out of the game is that when I finished it I felt NO satisfaction from doing it. Expand
  80. Sep 12, 2010
    This game was not disappointing. Think of GTA except in the early 1900's in rural Texas. The story is compelling, and the characters are like straight out of a movie (I couldn't skip one single cut scene). Heck, I even enjoyed the conversations you have on horseback while riding towards your goal in the mission. And for those who say screw the story, I'm just gonna wreak havoc, you can doThis game was not disappointing. Think of GTA except in the early 1900's in rural Texas. The story is compelling, and the characters are like straight out of a movie (I couldn't skip one single cut scene). Heck, I even enjoyed the conversations you have on horseback while riding towards your goal in the mission. And for those who say screw the story, I'm just gonna wreak havoc, you can do that too. I recommend anyone who enjoyed the GTA franchise, or who is looking for a new game to pick up and play for several weeks. This may be the one partner Expand
  81. May 30, 2011
    No game ever deserves a perfect ten, but RDR is the closest to it! Everything about the game is wonderful, the story, the setting and the characters! John Marston quickly becomes a favourite and you become attached to him! My favourite game I have ever played! I didn't want it to end!
  82. Jun 14, 2011
    Red Dead Redemption, a must game for every gamer. Great story telling, great characters and great environment, just leaving my controller idle and watching some of the scenery is just a one way of admiring the beauty that Rockstar made. Truly a masterpiece. The only bad thing i found out was the online multiplayer for this game doesn't have the longevity like other games. I went onlineRed Dead Redemption, a must game for every gamer. Great story telling, great characters and great environment, just leaving my controller idle and watching some of the scenery is just a one way of admiring the beauty that Rockstar made. Truly a masterpiece. The only bad thing i found out was the online multiplayer for this game doesn't have the longevity like other games. I went online after 4-5 months after release and I didn't found much people playing anymore.

All in all, even without online, this game can hold it's own.
  83. Nov 23, 2011
    the game is fun and not so much GTA as people say. i really like the hunting part of the game, there is alot of side quests to do so if you want to play more you can always do all the challenges and stranger side missions
  84. Dec 23, 2011
    It's kind of funny; after checking out a few of my favorite games on this site I was compelled to create an account in order to write positive reviews about them. This game won numerous game of the year awards, and was honestly the best game from Rockstar I've played since San Andreas. Yet somehow there are folks that actually gave this a negative rating. I'm not sure how this isIt's kind of funny; after checking out a few of my favorite games on this site I was compelled to create an account in order to write positive reviews about them. This game won numerous game of the year awards, and was honestly the best game from Rockstar I've played since San Andreas. Yet somehow there are folks that actually gave this a negative rating. I'm not sure how this is possible.

When I first purchased this game I was not looking forward to it very much. I thought "Gee, this is going to be Grand Theft Horse, oh well, hope its fun". I'm not a fan of westerns, as that genre doesn't really interest me much. However this game won me over 100%. The gameplay is quite compelling, the main storyline is compelling in the way a good novel, or great movie is compelling. I personally put in a lot of late nights finishing portions of the content just to see what happened next. I was so enthralled by the game that, immediately after completing it, I started a new game over again. As I mentioned before this won numerous game of the year awards for 2010 and all of them were well deserved. I personally can't wait for the rumored sequel.
  85. Jan 3, 2013
    LOL, I can not believe that anyone would give this game a bad review.. Its about near perfect unless you have a strong hatred for fun and riding horses.
  86. Jan 5, 2013
    PERFECT history
    PERFECT gameplay
    PERFECT (the best i ever **** seen) shooting mode
    PERFECT graphics (it's 2013 and they still surprise me)
    PERFECT scenarios
    PERFECT ambientation of west
    PERFECT
    PERFECT
    **** PERFECT
  87. Feb 26, 2013
    Amazing game, wonderful, love the theme, the genre, the music, graphics etc. GTA in the wild west. If for whatever reason you don't have this game, and are looking for something to do on the PS3, get it now!
  88. Apr 25, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption is the best game I ever played so far because of its amzing story, gameplay, character, voice acting, side mission, minigames like poker and that sort of things and its world which is a varied world full of beautifull scenarios and to make even better a kickass multiplayer full of competitive modes and a free roam multiplayer which serves for your "lobby" where you canRed Dead Redemption is the best game I ever played so far because of its amzing story, gameplay, character, voice acting, side mission, minigames like poker and that sort of things and its world which is a varied world full of beautifull scenarios and to make even better a kickass multiplayer full of competitive modes and a free roam multiplayer which serves for your "lobby" where you can team up with friends kill everybody while you try to join or create a game. This game just blows my mind in every single way.
    I suggest you buy right now and start the shooting cowboys because this the game of the year.
  89. Apr 1, 2014
    Good Game.. Great story, charismatic main character, voice acting, the ending was great and fantastic old west world (especially Mexico)..The only thing that kinda sucked was that some of the main story missions were very boring but besides that the game is fantastic.. The mini games are addicitve and well made (poker, liars dice etc..) ..If you are a fan of GTA series, then buy, if not,Good Game.. Great story, charismatic main character, voice acting, the ending was great and fantastic old west world (especially Mexico)..The only thing that kinda sucked was that some of the main story missions were very boring but besides that the game is fantastic.. The mini games are addicitve and well made (poker, liars dice etc..) ..If you are a fan of GTA series, then buy, if not, buy it anyway Expand
  90. Jun 20, 2014
    Look up how bad the working conditions were/are at Rockstar San Diego, it makes this game all that much more amazing, seriously look up Rockstar San Diego, employies ranked it 1.4 stars out of 5 on glassdoor, like shocking. As for the game, easily one of the greatest games ever made, an open world western, whats not to love? Nothing but positive things to say about this game, I tend toLook up how bad the working conditions were/are at Rockstar San Diego, it makes this game all that much more amazing, seriously look up Rockstar San Diego, employies ranked it 1.4 stars out of 5 on glassdoor, like shocking. As for the game, easily one of the greatest games ever made, an open world western, whats not to love? Nothing but positive things to say about this game, I tend to judge a game based on if I feel justified paying the full 60 bucks, well i'd pay 100 for Red Dead Redemption. Expand
  91. Jan 26, 2015
    I was just recently told by a friend that I should play this game because I'm really into gta and I love open world games. I just never found the time to play this one and man was that a huge mistake!!! This is definitely my favorite game of last gen along with The Last of Us. First of all the story is amazing!!!! I loved John Marston and the supporting characters. Edgar Ross is also oneI was just recently told by a friend that I should play this game because I'm really into gta and I love open world games. I just never found the time to play this one and man was that a huge mistake!!! This is definitely my favorite game of last gen along with The Last of Us. First of all the story is amazing!!!! I loved John Marston and the supporting characters. Edgar Ross is also one of the most despicable characters I've ever seen in a game. The gunplay is perfect, the environment is perfect everything about this game is perfect!!! You're making a big mistake if you do not play this game!! Don't listen to the idiots giving this game a 1/10 Expand
  92. Mar 22, 2015
    One of the rare games that deserves a 10. The wild west feels alive and rdr was one of the first open world games, where the world felt really alive. Gameplay mechanics fit perfectly and shooting in this game is just so good. Storywise it's also rarity especially from open world game. John Marston is charismatic lead and also my favorite character in gaming.
  93. Oct 29, 2015
    Overall great wild west experience, but the travelling on horse back from point A to point B is extremely far, control of distance and time spending on unnecessary things become norm these days
  94. Jul 23, 2016
    One of the greatest accomplishments by Take Two and Rock Star Games without ANY dought. I know Rockstar reads these, and guess what we all want???????????????????????

THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  95. Jul 10, 2017
    One of the best games from Rockstar. An engaging story-telling, characters and immersive world makes it the best western game ever made. This game is worth buying PS3.
  96. Aug 29, 2010
    Red Dead Redemption is a original thriller of Rockstar, is true ... His immersion, graphics effects, his soundtrack and epic love your way to practically all types of players.

John Marston is a great character and justifies this in the wonderful storyline that the game provides. The missions are well balanced and many things are new at this game. It's amazing how Rockstar managed to

It's amazing how Rockstar managed to faithfully reproduce the old-with this primacy. It's really one of the greatest games of all time.

Since I have so much to write, my grade is 9 to why it could not be less than that. It's a review from Brazil, take care world ! =]
  97. Aug 3, 2011
    Great game. Main story is linear but pretty long and interesting. It remainds me movies like Unforgiven. There is large world with a lot of things to do and plenty of side task/quests. If you like TPP action games you have to play it.
  98. Apr 25, 2011
    Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red DeadRed Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Red Dead Redemption Expand
  99. Jul 26, 2011
    Experience the wild west like never before.In Red Dead Redemption you play with the wild gunslinger John Martson who is trying to revenge against the gangster who left him to die.The game is an open world style like Gta ,La Noire,etc that is the style that Rockstar games uses on their games.You can explore the open wild world of Red DEAD REDEMPTION by hunting animals,taking their skin forExperience the wild west like never before.In Red Dead Redemption you play with the wild gunslinger John Martson who is trying to revenge against the gangster who left him to die.The game is an open world style like Gta ,La Noire,etc that is the style that Rockstar games uses on their games.You can explore the open wild world of Red DEAD REDEMPTION by hunting animals,taking their skin for trading,finishing tasks for strangers,completing missions,purchasing homes to save your game,and travelling from MEXICO to US.The gameplay is so much fun because of the accurate controlling of the gun,the simple,easy covering system,the variety of weapons in the game like a wenchester repeater,the knife,the lasso,the shotgun,etc.Very good graphics,high quality textures,realistic landscapes of the mountains,the rivers,and the desserts.The Rockstar team are very well on representing the wild west by the so many details in the game,the old saloons,the houses,the horses,and the high mountains.Strong story of John Martson who is working with the US government agent Edgar Ross to kill the outlaws,in his journey he went to mexico to revenge from Bill Williamson that was his best friend,he was involved with the Mexican revolution against the president,and with the president of mexico.After finishing his deeds with government,he went to his house to see his wife Abigail,his son Jack,and Uncle.Lefting behind the harsh world that he was living in ,but the surprise is the government after making him to work with them,They decided to kill him like a dog but his wife and his son have escaped from them.Jack Martson has grown up to seek revenge for his father.The possitives are good gameplay,strong story,good graphics,fun missions,long map to explore,good voice acting,fun multiplayer.The negatives are the dead eye feature that lets you to kill multiple enemies fast which makes the enemies week and non competitive,and the sadly ending.I am waiting for the next Red Dead Redemption maybe they will make Jack martson the new character in the game.(Sorry for my bad English). Expand
  100. Nov 5, 2011
    Late to review I know, better late than never! I'm not really into the old Wild West theme - usually! But I made an exception for this game. Its game play is good and its certainly entertaining. Good game!

1. The game perfectly captures the expansiveness of frontier life and the gritty gunplay of spaghetti westerns, rightfully earning its place alongside the great Western films and the best Rockstar games. [Issue#206, p.86]
  2. Rockstar's skill in creating a believable, functioning world with a distinct, coherent and consistent atmosphere is peerless. The broad-brush vision is masterful.
  3. Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece. This game is the perfect example of how a developer should work to create the best atmosphere and to represent a beautiful historical situation. The graphics, the gameplay elements and everything else is at top level. Buy Red Dead Redemption, now!