8.8

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2064 Ratings

1. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10/10 masterpiece I can wait for another one. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  2. Mar 22, 2015
    One of the rare games that deserves a 10. The wild west feels alive and rdr was one of the first open world games, where the world felt really alive. Gameplay mechanics fit perfectly and shooting in this game is just so good. Storywise it's also rarity especially from open world game. John Marston is charismatic lead and also my favorite character in gaming.
  3. May 12, 2015
    Eghh. It's ok. You have barely any decent outfits. All the revolvers and rifles look the same unlike in Revolver. And the main character has no likability and he's effin' anoying. The gun duals are overly complicated and they barely explain it. and it's supposed to be a sequel to revolver but the onyl thing you get regarding revolver is JAck swift and red being mentioned in dialogue ONCE.Eghh. It's ok. You have barely any decent outfits. All the revolvers and rifles look the same unlike in Revolver. And the main character has no likability and he's effin' anoying. The gun duals are overly complicated and they barely explain it. and it's supposed to be a sequel to revolver but the onyl thing you get regarding revolver is JAck swift and red being mentioned in dialogue ONCE. It's nothing more than them putting GTA in a western setting. Expand
  4. Apr 8, 2015
    Can a video game be a work of art? This is a question I have pondered for years, being a gamer since the ps2 era, and I have finally come to the conclusion after playing this game. From the outstanding Midwestern setting, the amazing score (the final song still brings tears to my eyes), and the story of a man who wants nothing more than to leave his past life behind in favor of that of aCan a video game be a work of art? This is a question I have pondered for years, being a gamer since the ps2 era, and I have finally come to the conclusion after playing this game. From the outstanding Midwestern setting, the amazing score (the final song still brings tears to my eyes), and the story of a man who wants nothing more than to leave his past life behind in favor of that of a family man, is just incredible at any standard. This game is a journey that every gamer should experience, and is not only the best Rockstar game (yes, that includes GTA 5), but one of the greatest video games of all time. Expand
  5. May 3, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely one of the best games of all time. The 20th century setting was crucially astonishing, something not so common in video games. The main protagonist, John Marston, was truly a masterpiece of a character. The story line is in fact one of the best in any game and gameplay was truly innovative and impressive. Everything in this game makes you realize how one will try to be good, but at the same time get trapped in mistakes made in the past. No other game has capture that feel of sympathy to a character that was nothing but a criminal, but tried to redeem himself by annihilating his past in what he does best, kill. This game is a MASTERPIECE and it truly defines Rockstar Games at its best. This is indeed the best Rockstar Games to date.

The best ending to a game ever, in my opinion.
  6. May 25, 2015
    Honestly, one of the most over rated games I have ever played. L.A Noire put this game to shame...
    Part of the reason I didn't like it I am sure is because I just never really cared for the western theme. However, I thought maybe this game would do something different or unique. It didn't. On top of that, the atmosphere and story was the blandest I have ever played through.

1. The game perfectly captures the expansiveness of frontier life and the gritty gunplay of spaghetti westerns, rightfully earning its place alongside the great Western films and the best Rockstar games. [Issue#206, p.86]
  2. Rockstar's skill in creating a believable, functioning world with a distinct, coherent and consistent atmosphere is peerless. The broad-brush vision is masterful.
  3. Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece. This game is the perfect example of how a developer should work to create the best atmosphere and to represent a beautiful historical situation. The graphics, the gameplay elements and everything else is at top level. Buy Red Dead Redemption, now!