7.3

10 because of the lights and darkness and rain
    10 because of graffiti everywhere
    10 because of the innovations in gameplay
    10 because we have to support indy games
    Interactive movie from a great director!
    You need to exprerience it
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    The platforming starts out with a generic ledge shuffle, but progressively includes more and more tools your spammer can break weak obstacles, tractor objects around to change the puzzle, and yank the energy out of one mechanism so you can dump it into another mechanism in order to advance the puzzle (kind of like carrying around a companion cube, if it was a blaze of glowing light wrapping your arm that could be fired from a distance). Using stolen memories is incorporated with all of these tools, so the gameplay you get in the second half of the game is far more developed than what you see in the pre-release trailers, which focus on the early levels.

I’ve heard people complaining about how the game shows you what ledge to jump to, and I have to say so does every other game. Usually ledges are lit, colored or textured differently, or they just stand the hell out. Remember Me just uses a different mechanism. The game also tricks the player a few times; when I stop and really look around, I'll see another jump marker that was just off screen that I would have missed had I been simply following prompted jumps, and that other marker leads me to a powerup reward. And some markers fail under you, leaving Nilin to take a tumble a mechanism that isn't used frequently enough for you to come to expect it, which is good.

Loved the combat, gaining moves as rewards for accumulating XP. Once you get a serious arsenal Nilin' will be stringing spectacular movements together into a buttkicking ballet that you can reinvent whenever you want by changing animation and effect (again, this a completely different animal in the second half of the game because you have so many more moves and abilities). Upon replay you can keep all of the moves you purchased in your previous run-through. More advanced enemies keep the difficulty interesting; I particularly like the guards whose electrified armor hurts you when you hit them, and the invisible buggers you have to reveal before you can take them on. You will use every tool you are given.

And of course Nilin and Neo Paris look great, from the classic architecture to the sci fi archologies to the plates of rats the street vendors sell in the slums (I am playing on a powerful PC, so take that into consideration). The beauty is mostly to look at, not interact with, so if the inability to kick cardboard boxes around and stand on tables is a dealbreaker for you, then get used to disappointment.

I was expecting a far worse game based on the reviews I've read, usually in the vein of "It falls short" (falls short of what? Of perfection? Of failure? Falls short of fun? Is it fun? It is fun, by the way). Upon playthrough I found that many statements in those reviews are factually incorrect. I don't mean a difference of opinion, but statements like "the game doesn't do this" when it actually does, as if they wrote the review after playing only an hour of it, or they based their opinion on the pre-release videos. What you see in the early game is just a platform on which the late-game is built. It's a little embarrassing actually, as if all these guys solemnly said "Halo is set on the Pillar of Autumn, and we feel this makes the game fall short".

Dontnod is small and new and they've made a game bigger than themselves. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, and it does powerful things with its ideas. I say get it.
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    A great start to what hopefully becomes a more fleshed-out series. Although the game's most interesting and fun parts, the memory remixes, only appear a meager 4 times in the game, it's still a fun ride. The customized combat system keeps fighting from becoming stale, and the environment and music create a fantastic atmosphere.

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not
    many games are. Still, Remember Me is a fantastic game that should be enjoyed, short as it may be. Expand
  4. Jul 8, 2013
    Very cool, very sexy game. Lovely hero and setting. The Neo Paris of 2084 is gorgeous (it's a shame we don't get to explore it though). Remember Me is a very (VERY) linear game with a fake idea of liberty. You never choose your path, it's always predetermined (with an occasional turn here and there just to pick up collectibles). The graphics are beautiful (though not the best this generation has seen) and the soundtrack is very atmospheric. The memory mix mini-game is very original too. It has a Blade Runner feel to me with the slums built around skyscrapers and stores with information shown on digital ads. Actually, this is a very nice game. My only complaint about it is about fighting. It's a CHORE... they should have double checked the fighting in this game before releasing it... it really doesn't fit. Especially when you face enemies that hurt you if you touch them. Expand
  5. Jun 8, 2013
    Remember Me offers a fresh experience to existing future games. The introduction and story telling are masterly crafted in my opinion though the game play itself lacks of completion and contains a few flaws. All in all the only thing i was disappointed of is that there is so much information in this world of stores places etc. but the player is not able to interact with it. For the rest I can say that this game is well worth a play through especially for the narrative brilliance. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2013
    I will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into the negatives of this game, let me point to some of the more positive of the game.

-The voice acting is wonderful. Whenever the first cut scene played, it truly bought into the story of the three people who told the viewer of how wonderful the memory technology was and the elderly woman's story and voice acting made me feel as if that was a real person.
    -The story created a desire for me to go forward and find out what was around the corner. Although the names Capcom gives some of their characters breaks the illusion of this game being a game about survival, sabotage, kickin' in faces, and being public enemy number one.
    -Being able to create your own combos was such an interesting ideal that it warrants being a positive; however, the execution was a bit underwhelming.
    -Remixing memories was such an enjoyable trail-and-error aspect.

Now that I have got that out of the way. Here are some of the things I felt (and you may feel) made the game lesser than what it could have been.

-It leads you by the hand... Forcibly. I played on the hardest difficulty (Memory Hunter) and was still bombarded with an icon that tells me where to go when I am climbing with no discernible way to turn this off. It is as if it did not even trust you find your way, to make your own mistakes when climbing to a location, or Capcom felt that did not do a good enough job on some of the camera angles that they felt that it would be necessary to put an icon at every ledge you should go to.
    -Do you like the thrill of exploring (even in linear games) and finding upgrades for yourself? It is as if the game thinks you have around two brains cells and gives you an image of where an upgrade (for health and focus) is NEARBY. I can understand that they wanted to stick with the whole memory idea and this was another way of introducing their idea, but if you are anything like me, I prefer to make my own mistakes and explore to find collectibles without assistance even if I look in some of the most inane spots to achieve this, you will not enjoy this feature.An apt comparison is Metro Last Light. It took me 12 hours to beat a 7 to 8 hour game because the game created a desire for me to go an explore. I saw buildings in the distance or rooms away from where my OPTIONAL objective locator told me was the right way to go and thought to myself "Is ammo in there? What about another weapon? Journal entry?"
    -I would have loved for an OPTIONAL breadcumb device like in Dead Space to show me where I should be going beyond climbing up. In Dead Space and Metro games bringing up that device caused me to want to explore. I would see "Hey, I need to go here. There is a strong chance that I might not be able to return to this area, so let me explore the other doors." However, in Remember Me, the game although forcibly shows you where to go when climbing, it does not allow to check where your current objective is. There has been multiple times where I have forgone exploring another doorway because I thought it may be where I should go. Turns out it was not and whenever I went through the other doorway, I could not return to the previous location.

The game was alright, but not worth the $50. I would really wait until the game is on sale.
  7. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is destined to be overlooked, which is sad. One thing is for sure: It is a true underrated gem.

I'm about mid-way in the game, and it is a fantastic and hypnotic game, captivating me with it's beautiful and heavily detailed world. The setting is the first thing you'll notice; vivid, unconventional colors blot this world, and it is a feast for the eyes.

Combat works and
    plays out like Batman, but not quite as fluid. The ability to change up your combos makes for a refreshing experience each time. Enemies are can be quite tough in numbers--especially when they differ in types, forcing you to use different tactics for various enemies. Button mashing won't get you very far.

The platforming and exploration are the weakest links, as they are far too scripted. You never get a sense that you're in immediate danger from scaling walls. And exploration is so linear, so confined, which is a shame considering Neo-Paris is a major sight to behold.

Memory Remixes are the star of Remember Me, setting it apart from other action/adventure games. Basically, you can hack into peoples memories and alter things, changing the outcome of their behavior. It's fun to mess around and experiment. Not to mention, the memory remixes give great insight into Nilin's character; you really get a sense that she is conflicted with the ethics of what she is doing, which, in my opinion, makes her a very human character to which we can relate.

The story... I won't elaborate about it. You really need to experience it for yourself because it will blow you away. Some of the writing is awful, though. But most of it works.

Overall, fantastic game. The story and lore are the strongest aspects. The game play is, for the most part, solid. Remember Me gets an 8/10 for me.
  8. Jun 6, 2013
    Ima sci-fi fan. I'm perfectly fine with my purchase, even if the game isn't the greatest. It's a linear platformer, with some interesting sci-fi concepts. The story is convoluted and apparently dystopian France is filled with cliche American NPCs. Capcom's influence is heavy handed and really makes you wonder just how much of Dontnod's original vision survived. But whatever, the game is lucky to exist at all. The combat is fun at times but it's also a chore. I do like this game, I'm just trying to be honest. Expand
  9. Jun 5, 2013
  10. Jun 9, 2013
    This game is very underrated, in my opinion. The combo system is really unique in that you build your own combos with 4 different types of attacks that are all very useful depending on the situation. The memory remixes are really cool and I wish there were even more of them. The story was pretty cool and has a nice message at the end.
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    An underrated game, DontNod Entertainment has created a beautifully crafted sci fi adventure. The detail to this world is mezmorizing. While the combat can get repetitive, I enjoyed the unique craft your own combo system and special powers. Its an astonishing accomplishment that such a game can arise from a first time developer with no previous triple A games under their belt. Everything about the game is solid...not amazing, but gets the job done so it doesnt infere with unraveling the story which is the focus of the game. Remember Me works very well as a cinematic gameplay experience. The platforming, puzzles, and combat fit nicely into the game. The main attractions of this game no doubt though are the amazing environments crafted within this sci fi world. Remember me is a game that gets better and better as it progresses, with the combat becoming more fun as you unlock new powers. While the story didn't blow me away, going through it certainly was fun. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a linear cinematic story-driven gameplay experience! Expand
  12. Jun 4, 2013
    After playing Cyberpunk 2077 I have to say this game was a big unoriginal. The technology which is used within the game resembles Mass Effect, the gameplay itself resembles any basic action/adventure, and the originality of the story is obviously a stolen idea from other sources. Needless to say, the game was still entertaining. The graphics are very nice, the music is on par with internet radio, the character design is fantastic as are the voice actors chosen for the characters. Whilst the game does not have the most extensive gameplay or the longest storyline, it is still worth playing.

One a side note, as a memory you get to dive in to peoples minds. These sequences can be tedious and at times very boring. Yet, you can go forward and backward in peoples memories over and over to the point of just looking at the victims naughty parts.

This game is good, not great, and could have have much more features. This game might be exactly what you are looking for. A game with a hot cyberpunk chick who kicks ass and takes memories.
  13. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me from Dontnod Entertainment is the french developers first game, and I can say with certainty that Dontnod will become a leader in innovating games.

Non spoiler story:

Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the
    sharing and downloading of memories.

You play as a woman with a form of amnesia that if I explained more would ruin the story. Suffice to say that a lot of people want you dead.

Gameplay:

Gameplay reminds me of the Tomb Raider without guns, along with great memory based puzzles. Before you think "boring" and stop reading you should know that the memories are other peoples. You have the ability to alter a persons memories in a genius puzzle that lets you tryout different outcomes to what could have happened and warping your targets perception if his or her own reality. You can only do this a few times during the story which is a shame but it makes a great change of pace from the combat.

Combat:

Speaking of combat, you can unlock moves during the game and arrange them in any order you like giving you that ability to make your own combos! Enemies are varied and will keep you on your toes as you try to figure out how to best them.

As you go on other abilities become available and give you more puzzling and can also play a role in combat, but as I try to write spoiler free reviews I'll leave that up to you to discover!

No toilet breaks!:

If you have a day sick in bed (like me) you will beat it in a day but you can't stop playing to do so.

Graphics and sound:

With the exception of one hard boss fight that has some repetition, the voice acting is well enough for the characters, with the best acting going to the main character. It is a beautiful game to look at from the grimy under city to the richer upper city and small extras in the environment really bring out the immersion.

Out of Ten:

Graphics 9

Sound 8

Gameplay 9

Collectibles 7

Over all 9.5
  14. Jun 16, 2013
    Remember Me is by no means a bad game, just a bit dull. Dontnod should be commended however for fighting for their female protagonist. Unfortunately, said protagonist is incredibly bland and have very little character as well as a generic back story. Which is interesting because that's basically what the whole game is like. Very bland and generic with very few interesting ideas in it's head.

The context as a whole is the weakest part of the game in fact. The characters are all barely there, I rarely new what the hell was going on in the story, and it's so unclear who the antagonist is meant to be. It's just a long line of cartoonish bad guys one after the other until the final boss who is unexpected however part of a pretty dumb plot twist which then leads to a ending.

It would be unfair to blame the poor characterization entirely on the writing, so let's blame the voice acting as well. I think it's official; English people can't voice act! They clearly wanted and English voice for the character, but they honestly would be better having an American doing a bad accent.

I say that they clearly wanted a British voice because the story as a whole seems very Dr Who inspired. There is even a direct reference in one of the achievement/trophy titles. "Are You My Mummy" it says. Any Dr Who fan will get that reference, and all Ex-Dr Who fans like myself will wish they didn't.

Now let's look at the gameplay. The game seems to think that by having one small idea (that given the usage of it can barely class as an innovation) it can get away with just recycling the gameplay of other, much better games. All we have is just Batman Arkham Asylum combat (with more of a combo orientation rather than freeflow which doesn't work) and platforming copy pasted from Uncharted, all shoe horned into an incredibly linear game with the occasional puzzle here and there. Sorry, but it's boring. There's also the stupid "remixing" thing, where you change someones memory of an event, but all it is, is wizzing and rewinding the same bloody cutscene changing something here and there. It's incredibly tedious and barely worth talking about.

I mentioned a small interesting idea earlier. It's the only interesting part of the game. The game calls it combo building, but not really. All you can do is change the effect of each hit, and only between three effects. Damage, healing and cooling down special moves. The more hits in the combo, the more effective the effects. It becomes the primary challenge of the game, maxing out the efficiency of your combos, which works pretty well and using your cool downs appropriately. It works pretty well, but the game just doesn't make the most of it. It seems like it would work better in an Action RPG rather than a boring linear game like this.

Bottom line; The game fills the void. A bit of fun between chunkier, more interesting releases. The game only just about exceeds challenge wise. The bad level design, clunky combat and incredibly linear platforming make rather boring gratification wise, and the context is overall due to bland character, generic story, and bad world building as well as a really ending. The only reason I give this a 4, is because of the tiny innovation giving it some challenge, otherwise it would be a 3. This is a boring game.
  15. Jun 17, 2013
    AMAZING! I don't care what these reviewers say, this is an awesome game! Gorgeous graphics, good action, great music, and just a lot of fun. I say buy it. If you're a fan of Ghost in The Shell, this is a must have. Pick up the game and download the soundtrack from itunes. It is worth every penny!
  16. Oct 25, 2013
    Pretty solid game. It feels like a mix between batman arkham asylum and blade runner with a dash of inFamous and dead space. The story is interesting and the combat has its own tricks. The trophy set is excellent.
  17. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom in experimentation. Expand
  18. Jun 29, 2013
    Coming off a stellar release season of "The Last of Us", "Tombraider", and "Bioshock" I was desperately looking for a game that might come close to the production values of those games....I am happy to tell you that, "Remember Me" is that game!! The story and the main character of Nilin is so compelling you are delighted to help her get justice against this futuristic evil corporation. The Paris of the future will overwhelm you with its gorgeous despair. It's refreshing to get know her through memories, and the combat system becomes second nature as your progress in combat and game play....Each chapter is a delight with visual surprises and more compelling challenges,,, It is fun without frustration....Please get this one. you'll enjoy!! Expand
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    Remember Me is a unique game that controls well, has sharp visuals, great sound and a good story. The combo creation is a cool way to spice up the fighting and it works well. The levels are well designed and the platforming is done very smoothly. This game reminds me of a cross between Prince of Persia and Wet, which for me is a good thing. The game is way better than some of the critics rated it and even though it is relatively short it is fun. Expand
  20. Jun 7, 2013
    Anyone remember an old Playstation 1 game called Oni? It featured a female "cyberterrorist" fighting waves of enemies with specified fighting and shooting moves, in a futuristic (but very sterile) setting. I kept thinking of that old title while playing Remember Me. Granted, the gameplay is more advanced and the selection of your combo buttons adds great variety. And, the graphic details of Neo-Paris are among the most beautiful I've seen on the 'ol PS3. But I got a sense of deja vu (in a game centered around memories?...hmmm...) in the climbing and scripted elements ala Uncharted, the fighting similar to Batman and Sleeping Dogs, the boss fights, etc. The unique timeshift feature does stand out, and any game nowadays that isn't a sequel gets an extra point (sad that we have to applaud originality, like it's some rare occurence). So, a good to very good game that comes short of being great to excellent. Expand
  21. Jun 9, 2013
    I had only seen this game just a few months before release and I was extremely excited for it. I was a bit nervous I was going to be let down do to the mixed reviews, but I followed my instinct and I was right. I loved this game. it has a beautiful flow to it, which you dont see to often in games. The remixes are evenly spaced out and work well with the story snd gameplay. Combat and Boss fights are very fun, not too tough on nornal mode. Creating your own combos with different "Pressens" (Damage, Health Regen, Special Cooldown, and One more) worked extremely well for me. BOTTOM LINE, Im extremely tough to satisfy when it comes to games, but the Story, Gameplay, Remixes, Collectables, and Graphics gave me truly an awesome expirience. Expand
  22. Jun 9, 2013
    I just finished this game and all I can say is wow. The graphics are nothing to special but they look nice and it is great to see a different style. The sound is cleverly done as well. The fighting system is nothing I hadn't seen yet accept that you could customize your own combos and what kinda power ups they gave you, which was a fantastic addition to the already very good combat system. The game-play varies from fighting a lot of enemies, climbing and a puzzle wrapped in a riddle here and there. Oh, and let's not forget that you get to change people's memory's, which gives you a great feeling of power. Last but certainly not least is the story which will leave you in awe till the very end. There are some good plot twists here and there, and accept for the sometimes awkward lines and strange bugs here and there, I had a great time with this game. It left me a great memory of a game with an epic story which also makes you think of the world we live in now. I suggest you go play the game now if you already haven't. Expand
  23. Jun 9, 2013
    I actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making them forget how to fire a gun ir something and it would've been amazing Expand
  24. Jun 9, 2013
    I've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and though this might not be the best game its surely freshing and nice to play something a little different and new. I won't spoil anything so I'll keep it short

1.Graphics 9.5/10
    2.Gameplay 8.0/10
    3.Combat system 8.5/10
    4.Fun factor 9.0/10
    5.Music 10/10

Pros: The highlights of the game are the music and the memory remixes, where u play through memoires and alter different things about it to change the out come, its all real time FWD: Pause, Play, RWD type and I've never seen anything like it.

Cons: The only down fall this games has to me is that its not open world, not even close, but thats not enough to keep people from playing it and if they continue the series thats something they can improve on making a good game a great game.

Looking for something new and different try it at least.
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    There are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 con on this game)and the eventual tedium of being told by little jittering arrows where to go at every leap and turn, those two personal requirements of mine were handily and, to me, very satisfyingly met.

Nilin is great...for me, the voice acting was so deftly maneuvered with inflection and emotion I couldn't help but become deeply involved in the character and her progression in reclaiming her past. I also found her deliberation of the objectives and motive set to her by the character Edge to be refreshing; if she would not have been at least suspicious or questioning of the instructions and directives set to her by an unknown agent, I would have been at least dubious of her mission and subsequent actions and, therefore, less willing to buy into the story. Knowing she was conflicted allowed a bit of personal insight and empathy with the character in the sense of what was unfolding.

And I have to maybe sidestep a bit on my second requirement: the story itself was, maybe, just ok (perhaps a tad better), but the concept behind the storyline is what I view as still worthy of high marks. The groundwork and foundation of the context of the story was provocative and well-conceived, all the while being quite believable. The ability to manipulate memory was, to me, the most underutilized and most cathartic element to the game but, ya know, with as magnificent as the limited time was in this aspect, I think it must have taken a considerable amount of time to piece together the x's and o's to make this work so I suppose I can see why there wasn't wall-to-wall memory re-writes. Altogether though, the concept was very much appreciated in this land of rampant point-and-shoot fps for a guy who, while he enjoys some time in that certain genre of games, really aches for something different and substantive. And, hey, for me, Remember Me has got it.

If DONTNOD can take some constructive critisism on their effort here, I really really really hope they consider employing some of it into a very soon-to-be-released follow-up. I would be very eager...so just do it, ok?
  26. Jun 9, 2013
    What seems to be common from many reviews is the expectations that many people had going into the game, and either finished disappointed, or didn't finish at all. I will say that though Capcom's Remember Me isn't the best game ever, probably not even close, it is a unique experience in more ways than one, keeping my attention throughout the game.

Pros:

Visuals This game is
    beautiful. Every piece of the world and each character is incredibly detailed. The graphics do not make the game, but Capcom puts it to good use with one of the last new IPs of the current generation. The atmosphere of Neo-Paris is gorgeous, between the slums and the high end side, each area has it's own unique style, and probably one downside is that you don't get to explore Neo-Paris more than you do.

Combat Though not the strongest portion of the game, it's concept works, and works well. The meat of the combat system is creating your own combos. Now this doesn't mean you spend hours in a menu configuring buttons trying to come up with the best attacks. There are actually four preset button combinations, each consisting of either Square or Triangle (or X & Y for the Xbox 360). Along with that, there are four different modifiers called "Pressens", which allows you to power up each press of the button. The more experience you gain throughout the game, the more Pressens you unlock, allowing you to mix and match different types of modifiers within a single combo. For example: The most simple combo is Square, Square, Square. While the first press cannot be modified, the next two can, with modifiers such as stronger attacks or regaining health with each successful hit. Included with the combos are what's called "S-Pressens", which are power ups that help you gain a slight edge. These add a bit more strategy for when you face the tougher enemies.

Remixing Memories Possibly the best part of the game. These portions allow your character Nilin to jump into somebody's memory, alter certain portions of said memory, and force them to remember something that didn't actually happen. The general idea of remixing memories is to manipulate someone into either having regrets, changing what they believe in, or completely forgetting a life-altering event. Though there aren't too many of these sequences, each moment is fun and makes you think. Each remix gives you a certain objective, and you must alter some or all options in order to get the result you want. Very cool concept in my opinion, though would loved to have seen more.

Plot I won't spoil anything, but the story was interesting, unique, something different than the usual zombie outbreaks or military operations or what have you. It's an idea that was thought out, and used effectively.

Cons:

Voice Acting The only thing that doesn't drive the story as great as it could is the voice acting. Many games have that one "voice in your head" guide that tells you what to do and where to go. This is no exception, and like other games, this voice gets annoying along the way. Other characters just don't seem to fit in with the personalities that the game sets for them. This doesn't go for every character, fortunately, just enough to want to tell a few people to hush every once in a while.

General gameplay When you're not fighting or remixing, you're running, pressing, or climbing. The latter isn't too eventful. Platforming in this game is far from great.

Story length/Replayability It's a short game, and understandably so given the plot. Without a multiplayer portion in the game, Remember Me gives a great campaign experience, though not too much of one. And that's it. You may want to replay it to retrieve missing collectibles to learn more about the history of the city and the organizations involved. But the story is linear at best. Unless you're looking to get your platinum trophy, you may be trading in the game days after you begin playing.

Completion The great story is hindered by it's flat ending. There's a moment where I'm left wondering about certain characters you met earlier in the game and if they achieved what they really wanted.

Overall: I think this will be a sleeper hit. The concepts are unique, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are little things throughout the game that made me appreciate the design of the world and the characters. I personally do not believe it deserved IGN's 5.9 rating, and it's not 9 or 10 worthy. But it's a hell of a game and a pretty incredible experience. I recommend giving it a try, even if you decide to wait til it's on sale or the price drops. Or rent it. Whichever you prefer. Go with your gut!
  27. Jun 9, 2013
    Remember Me is an action/melee/platformer in every sense of the word. I've had a fun time playing this game and thought I'd break down my thoughts of why this is so.

Combat: I really like the customization feature of being able to select different moves (Pressens) with different benefits (power, regen, chain, and cooldown) and pick what combos are most comfortable for you personally as
    a player to pull off. You will learn additional moves as you go along, however the way this is done here is far from rpg-style gameplay; so do not expect that going in. You cannot button mash your combos as the game requires that you properly time yourself from one hit to the next. This, I think, has lead to a perception that the controls are unresponsive because the timing window from one hit to the next is very small. But, once I got the rhythm of a combo down I rarely had a problem finishing it. You fight a lot of multiple enemies, placed in arena-like portions of the map. Enemies tend to group up and their attacks will break your combos, so it is important that you plan ahead, gain space on individual enemies, dodge, and look for vulnerable openings. Sometimes, this is easier said than done as some enemies can leap from walls, block attacks, and so forth. If you just jump into a big group and start swinging or get yourself cornered, you'll get floored pretty quickly on any difficulty. Your special S-Pressens and your arm-mounted Spammer can also be great assets in the right situations; allowing you to turn robots on their masters and stun enemies for periods of time. All in all, the combat requires you to pay attention, be creative, memorize the rhythm of your combos, and think.

The World: NeoParis is an atmospheric and beautiful place. It really is a sight for the eyes. Familiar Parisian landmarks and architecture are spread throughout a world of flying drones, cables, slums, and futuristic skyscrapers. It is, unfortunately, linear. Not a great deal of open-world happens here. However, your objectives are always clear and helpful orange arrows give you tips on where to leap or climb to next. The game does hold your hand when it comes to directions and some gamers may feel it insults their intelligence which I can completely respect. I found the directional prompts useful largely because I didn't want to spend forever hanging from a pipe wondering where to go or what to do next. The non-enemy, non-essential NPCS do not interact with you very much. Some are busy in conversation with other NPCs, others talk to themselves, and some will give you a "I don't have time to chat" in one version or another. As long as you don't have a strong desire to be a social butterfly with NPCs, this means very little.

Collectibles: Like them or hate them, there are a few different collectibles to find in the game. Some, like the Mnemist Memories, give you information and backstory. Others, like SAT Patches, boost your health after every group of five that you find (which you'll occasionally get hints for via holo-screens). Despite being a linear game, collectibles are cleverly hidden around piles of trash, in building crannies, and sometimes behind shutters that you can open with your Spammer. I personally love to find stuff so having multiple collectibles was a great experience for me.

Voice Acting/Characters: Overall, not bad. The only hiccups I noticed is that Nilin's lips don't always sync properly when talking to Edge over the comm in her ear. The dialogue itself wasn't Shakespearean, but it was pretty well done, clearly heard, conveyed believable emotion for the most part, and suited it's purpose. Nilin is the only person in the game that really gets fleshed out as a character, but the devs did a nice job of making her a complex individual that is both driven yet also conflicted. It doesn't help of course that she has lost her memory right from the get-go and has to slowly work it back; forcing her to question herself and her decisions particularly during cutscenes.

Memory Remixing: This is a truely unique feature. You are able, at set parts of the game, to change the events recorded in someone's memory....or even accidentally glitch-out their memory. It basically works like a puzzle: You have to find the right things to change in the right order to get the desired result and complete your objective. Though you don't get these opportunities often enough, as has been one of the recurring criticisms, it's a very enjoyable part of the experience.

Achievements: If you're an achievement getter, prepare to be challenged. As a forewarning, snagging all of the achievements does require multiple play-throughs. But for the size of a game like this, it's not all that taxing.
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    Remember Me is what's missing in gaming today. Original art direction inspired by a raft of Sci-Fi greats from, most obviously, Bladerunner, to the best of anime. With an original customisable combo system and a balance of story and action which keeps the pace of the game spot on, this is action gaming at it's best.
    Big props to Dontnod for massive first effort. Hopefully we can see more
    of this world again soon. I predict that, like Bladerunner, although this release has been overshadowed by some big name games and studios that Remember Me will become the cult hit it deserves to be! Expand
  29. Jun 18, 2013
    This game should not pass by as unknown, as it turned out to be innovative and very good—not a hit, but damn close to it. I can tell there is someone on this design team DONTNOD that worked on Heavy Rain.
    Starting out with its strengths, I’ll say that story-wise, it draws a little inspiration from Total Recall with the “memory” thing, but then takes it somewhere way beyond that into its
    own territory. I’m not finished with it yet, but nearing the end, and its getting more & more interesting.
    Gameplay-wise, the fighting gets progressively better as she learns more and more combos. When executed correctly, they are very rewarding. It gets interesting to work with, in that there is healing and hurting combos, to name a couple. On another level of gameplay, the Memory Remix is fun to adjust, like altering memories by literally changing them, almost like going in and literally changing the past.
    I only have one complaint: the camera can go haywire if you back into a wall or item while fighting. But other than that, a couple of the boss fights I found to be very original. I give this game an 8 or 9 easy. Don’t let it pass you by if you’re into sci fi or beat ‘em ups with innovation.
  30. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is something fresh and new,it goes the extra mile to be unique even though there is some lent elements from genres as Assassins Creed and Batman it still manages to do what the developers wanted it to achieve.

Combat is fluent and fun and the different combos are genius and forces the player to adapt according to their situation. It might not be as fluent as other games
    fighting systems aka Batman AC & AA but still fun and enjoyable yet posing a nice learning curve. Visually the game is stunning and Neo-Paris is brought to life in a stunning manner,sound and score is just as stunning. Music is dramatic and tense where it has to be and flows nicely together when it's needed,voice acting is another thing,the actors managed to capture the essence of each character and bring them to life in a memorable way.

Too me this is one of those diamonds in a rough and definitely worthy to be one of 2013's best games.
  31. Nov 9, 2013
    I usually trust reviewers and video game websites in general when it comes to judging a game and, even though I was interested when I saw the initial details about this game, I let the reviews refrain me from purchasing it when it was launched. Months later, it was very cheap on a Capcom promotion PSN, and I decided to get it.

What I found was a very interesting story, amazing visuals,
    inspired orchestrated music and a strong female lead. While the acting isn't ground breaking, you will care about the characters and be curious about the universe about them and the set is beautiful, a cyber-punk, futuristic paris. The only problem with the set is that the city feels very empty all you encounter are robots and drones cleaning and tidying up apartments, stores and the streets. Even prostitutes, in this game, are robots. Humans are very scarce, and makes the place feel like nobody lives in it.

Combat wise, it feels like a simplified Batman system, where you chain combos and avoid enemy attacks by dodging when an exclamation point appears. As you progress, you gain new powers that are very useful for strategic attacks against large groups and types of enemies, and gives you a very good sense of satisfaction.

The music, for me, was one of the highest points. Mixing orchestrated tunes with beats and glitch sounds, it matches perfectly with the mood of the game so much that this is a soundtrack that I would consider buying just to listen. It is that beautiful.

The story twists aren't super surprising, but again, engaging and will keep you coming back. You will want to advance in the game to explore more of the surroundings and discover the world.

If you kind of like the matrix, inception, tomb raider, batman, you may like this game. Bear in mind that it isn't as complex as those games actually is very linear, not offering more than one path to navigate the scenario and not giving a bunch of attack options. Just like Final Fantasy 13 was linear, this game will strike you the same way. But again, like FInal Fantasy 13, the visuals, music, world and story should engage you enough. Treat it like a movie where you are in control, not a GTA5 sandbox experience, and you will enjoy it.
  32. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is It is incredibly liner and the game play is exactly like enslaved. Today i bought it for £20 and tomorrow im getting rid of it. Worst game i have ever played!
  33. Apr 5, 2014
    Remember Me brings in a a lot of new and innovative ideas, but unfortunately those new concepts and ideas take up about 5% of the actual gameplay. The majority of your time spend playing this game will be spent in one of two modes. Either you will be leaping from ledge to ledge for 45 minutes like Prince of Persia without any action scenes, or you will be in the action scenes, in which case you will be spending 45 minutes fighting using what essentially feels like the Batman combat system, only before it was ever beta tested and ironed out.

The shining, unique, and engaging parts of this game are so few and far between that it becomes a chore to muscle through all of the other experiences of the game, most of which you have seen a better version done elsewhere.

It's all really another rather unimpressive installment in the Square Enix name.
  34. Feb 19, 2014
    It's a good thing this game is free for ps+ member or else I would've wasted both my money and my time. Combat is uninspired, clunky and fails to to do anything that hasn't been seen before. The graphics and environment are gorgeous which only serves to solidify the massive **** YOU that entails when you realize you can't interact with any bit of it. Instead you forced to follow ONE PATH and one path only.
    The Memory Remix minigame only serves to frustrate my poor little brain and break my thumbs because I'm constantly fast forwarding and rewinding the same goddamn cutscene over and over only to find no trace of whatever the **** I am supposed to be looking for.

In short: **** THIS PIECE OF PRETENTIOUS HALF ASSED LINEAR ****
  35. Jun 17, 2013
    A good game and beautiful background music
    Fees are very soft and beautiful
    Fighting close to Batman on ps3+xbox360+wiiu
    The girl in the game are good and climb walls like Lara Craft
  36. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite being a flawed game it is surprising to see a game of such vision come from a new developer as their first game. There are countless triple-A developers who don't release titles with this sort of originality. There are some truly great and compelling ideas at work here, but unfortunately the core gameplay doesn't hold up.

By far my favorite part about this game is it's world and
    story. It's fantastic to see a strong female protagonist in gaming again. It's still far too rare that we get to see one anymore, especially one this likable. The characters and story are incredibly well written and backed by a nice soundtrack and top-notch voice acting. The graphics are also very well done. It's not always the prettiest game out there, but it can still hold it's own against other games on the system. The graphics really bring the world to life and make it one you want to explore, which is why it is disappointing that everything is so linear.

So while presentation and setting are top-notch, the gameplay is sadly lacking. There are some truly genius moments and mechanics here. The sequences where you remix memories are a blast and there are some truly great puzzles. Customizing combos with different effects and abilities is just plain genius and something I would like to see in more games. Unfortunately despite the really good and cool things here the majority of the gameplay is comprised of lackluster combat and platforming. the whole game plays out as a linear brawler, and while customizing combos is cool the actual combat isn't. It's entertaining on a basic level, and it can get pretty entertaining when you are juggling several different enemies that each require a different strategy to take out, but for the majority of the game it is just mindless button mashing against dull enemies. Platforming is unfortunately worse. It's stiff, slow, and just no fun. The platforming borrows from better games like Uncharted, but ultimately doesn't feel as fluid or fun.

The game is sadly flawed. There are some truly genius ideas here that I would like to see expanded upon in a sequel or another game with better combat and platforming systems. Still, despite my disappointment with the overall game I have to say I think it is a flawed gem and DONTNOD Entertainment has impressed me with this one. They are definitely a developer I am going to be keeping my eye on, because it's clear they have some excellent as well as original ideas and know how to tell a good story.
  37. Jan 6, 2014
    I enjoyed playing "Remember Me". The graphics are superb! (10/10) The Story is great. Gameplay while climbing is nothing new, but combat is different. You can create your own mix of combos. Good Idea.

(Sony PS Plus "Remember Me" is an underdog Game of the year 2013. Awesome!
  38. Nov 5, 2013
    Boring, bland button masher which feels completely on rails, I only started playing it because it was free on Playstation+ and even then I felt cheated. You cannot interact with anything and can only jump to the next highlighted edge, after every few jumps you have a cornered off area where you fight the same tired enemy goons one after the other, repeat this however long the game lasts. I didn't make it to the end I had some paint I watched dry instead which was infinitely more interesting than playing this. Expand
  39. Mar 24, 2014
    The game has a very interesting plot about the future technology of downloading others' memories into our brains. The memories themselves have become the next drug of choice and is controlled by an evil corporation. You'll play the agent to take them down. It has good graphics with its cutscenes, but poor voice acting. But, graphics are only icing on the cake of a good game. You can put icing on a stale piece of bread, and it's still not cake you're eating. This game is not good because of the actual gameplay. The combat is a button mashing combat of the Japanese genre. Your running and jumping is very unnatural as you look like a speedy cartoon instead of having more realistic animated movements. It's has very linear simple path that you have to follow in a Neo-Paris, that mimics games of the sidescrollers of thePS2 era rather than the more open worlds of the PS3 era. So with the poor voice acting, boring linear progression, and weak combat, this game is one of the worst games that I have played in a while. Congratualations Capcom. Expand
  40. Nov 8, 2013
    This game surprised me. I started playing it with low hopes, but now, I can't keep my controller down. I love everything about this game. The game world is fully realized and its beautiful to look at. The storyline is unique and keeps me entertained. The gameplay is fun with the pressen and power ups. I enjoy the linearity of the game because I feel there is a story to tell and they want to keep on that one path. No probs for me because the story is great. Overall, a fun game! Expand
  41. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.
  42. Jan 27, 2014
    Remember Me is one of those games that you decide to play because they look interesting, and before you realize (and desire), you are fighting the final boss.
    The script, setting and art as simply astounding. All the levels are full of detail, specially the urban ones. The overall story is kind of generic (big evil corporation that want to dominate mankind; main character fights against
    it) but catchy.
    The gameplay is mainly exploration/platforming and beat'em up. It has a couple of puzzles, but they are pretty easy. The platforming gameplay is very similar to what you can see in games like Assassin's Creed or Uncharted; but its beat'em up gameplay is fairly unique: you have sequences of combos with slots, in which you can insert Square or Triangle hits, which you unlock too. These hits have four different categories: Damage, Health Renegeration, Energy Regeneration and Chain, so you can configure your combos to full damage, or give you a bit of health, or refresh your combos, or a bit of everything, up to you. You can also edit these in the middle of a combat dependig on how you need at any moment.
    The music is veeery good. It has a unique feeling that goes along with the game in perfect harmony.
    By the day I'm writing this review, you can find this game pretty much anywhere for about 15$, and for that prize, it's just a steal!
  43. Oct 7, 2014
    Graphics: 7.5 Gameplay: 7.5 Fun: 8 Controls: 8.5 Ease to Learn: 9 Story: 8 Length: 8 Re-play: 6 Audio: 9 Bugs/Glitches: none. Story sometimes got confusing, and gameplay got repetitive and got boring after a while.
  44. Feb 20, 2014
    Two word review: Depressingly Linear. More than two word review: The game is quite pretty. There's lots of eye candy, especially in the environmental design. Nearly all of the game's levels look unique and polished to perfection. But a good looking game is not necessarily fun to play, and that's where the game falls short. To start, the cutscenes are unskippable. I really shouldn't have to go into detail as to why this is a big deal. It's been stated and re-stated by players everywhere. Modern developers should not be making mistakes like this.

Second, the combat is entirely unsatisfying. I once read a review by Yahtzee Croshaw that talked about Fruit Ninja and what made it so fun. He said:

"There's the streak of the blade, a splatter animation, a juicy sound effect, a lingering juice decal on the backboard, the two spent halves dropping out of sight ... they all fire off together in such a brief moment you don't even acknowledge them, but you'd notice if any of them were to go away. Oh yes. They're what make it fun."

A lot of those effects are missing from the combat in Remember Me. When you press the punch button, LinLin, or whatever her name is, lunges forward awkwardly. That's it. The enemy who was attacked barely moves. The sound of the impact is drowned out by the ambient noise. You may as well have spit on him. Compare this to Arkham City, where the every broken bone and blackened eye is sounded off beautifully, and punches can stagger enemies or send them flying. A lot of the fun of the combat comes from the feeling that you're accomplishing something with every button press. Remember Me's combat fails to do this.

But then there's the combo customization, one of the game's gimmicks. The concept sounds cool, right? Mix and match punches and kicks in any way you want? Too bad that's not what the game actually features. Actual player input as far as what move is used and when is minimal. Opening moves are unchangeable. Button triggers are unchangeable. Combo length and animations used are unchangeable. What you can change is whether you'll heal or reduce ability cooldowns when a punch hits. Assuming you've progressed far enough down the line that the developers let you "unlock" it, of course. Basically, the gimmick is at best, a misleading truth, and at worst, a blatant lie. No customization to be found here, move along.

Finally, and worst of all, the game has some of the most depressingly linear gameplay I've ever seen. Remember A Link to the Past? How at the very beginning of the game you couldn't go some places because you weren't armed and hadn't found your uncle yet? But then after the basement dungeon, you could pretty much go anywhere, with more and more of the already huge world (and later, worlds) opening up to you? Remember Me is basically one long intro level. The whole game is littered with unclimbable walls, unopenable doors, and people who you can't talk to. It's basically a walking forward simulator, with some climbey bits thrown in as a thin disguise. I even got to one point in the game where I could clearly see an arrangement of bricks that could be climbed on to reach my goal, but because they weren't the one arrangement of bricks the developers chose to be part of the single path, I couldn't do anything with them.

The game's story is decent, and the music is decent as well, but really, this game has two outstanding qualities: that it looks great and that it plays like rubbish. Its high scores are a testament to the shallowness of the gaming community.
  45. Jun 17, 2014
    I'm glad I continued through this game. It was a struggle to get into, the initial levels were uninteresting and boring for me, the fights were not challenging and the combo system was awkward.
    However as I progressed out of the slums into Bastille, the game really improved in a visual way - the design became far more futuristic, artistic and interesting, the fights became far more
    exciting and challenging, and the faux 'exploring' wasn't such a big part of the level design.

As I progressed through Episodes 1-3 I found the game's extremely linear nature and overly-simplistic climbing mechanics to be very off-putting. Coming straight from the Assassin's Creed franchise - with incredible free-running and fluidity, to a button-mashing style type of fighting and extremely on-rails climbing design (jump to the left, to the right, climb vertically up, drop down - every path is highlighted to you with yellow symbols, and 99% of the other routes you would take are blocked by invisible walls) I wanted to stop playing the game immediately. The only hook was the plot, which seemed incredibly interesting and had some depth to it.

Once in Episode 4 the game becomes far more close-knit, with very simple - yet beautiful - level design,so you 'feel' limited in where you can go. Before Episode 4, as everything is mostly outside, the invisible walls, and closed off gameplay seemed very disappointing There was also far too much climbing around buildings. Where after Episode 3, climbing, exploring, while still present became a hugely reduced gameplay design as the spaces were far smaller visually, which reduced the disappointment of not being able to go through walls (as they were actual walls instead of just invisible boundaries to a visually large open space).

I still wish the combo building element of the game was slightly better, I found the long combos quite pointless, as it's impossible to fight a single enemy for as long as needed to chain each attack before an incoming fireball or hit comes which has to be dodged. Sometimes you can dodge and land next to another enemy to continue the combo, but more often than not, the enemies are all stood together in a ball and things are still being fired at you, so you will be lucky to get an additional hit or 2 before having to jump out of the ball of enemies and lose the combo. The one part of the combo builder that was interesting, is that I found customizing the short combo and the first halves of the long combos with different types of Pressens allowed me to use one combo for health, one for cool-downs and another for high damage. It's very easy to lose health in this game once you get deeper into the game, so being able to recover some with a few hits of one combo made the huge battles more doable and enjoyable. While some battles will result in you relying on your Sensen moves a lot, so a cool-down combo helped me a lot.
    Really though, the boss fights were the best part of this game for me. Each fight was interesting and different enough to be fun, with great visual designs, and plenty of challenge.

I liked the few puzzles within the game, I found them a little easier than they could've been. I found the Remembrane parts of the game fine, and thought these could have been incorporated into puzzles more often.
    The music of this game was great, but I found I had to reduce the sound effects just to be able to hear it, the default levels didn't seem to compliment the music well.

The plot is what really kept me hooked, I found it very interesting, and just wish more time was given to the exploration of what the consequences of the ending would mean before the last Episode. If there was a not-too-cheesy way to cover this in a sequel, which fixed the issues I had above, I'd be all over it.
  46. Nov 20, 2013
    No maps, not guiding system, not that you need one for every game but this game was frustrating to navigate. Story had promise but in the end was quite bland and character was very stereotypical tough female, nothing likeable about her. The visuals are ok but nothing great and the combat is horrible. Its not an awful game, but painfully average and underdeveloped.
  47. Sep 5, 2014
    This game is so controversial. It promises much at the beginning, the atmosphere and the environment is great, but the gameplay -including memory manipulation- is brutally linear and the fighting system is awkward. Only buy it on a very cheap discount price.
  48. Jun 9, 2013
    Excellent industrial design, great music and an unusual, interesting history.

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start
  49. Dec 30, 2013
    If you play games because you want to be immersed in a world, then you cannot miss this one. Visually It is absolutely incredible. It's strengths far outweigh its weaknesses.
  50. Feb 24, 2014
    I enjoyed this game, although it does have a few things keeping it back. What I enjoyed, contrary to alot of reviews, I enjoyed the combat and gameplay of the game, good variety of enemies; the create your own combos was misleading however, you're not creating any combo like I thought(uppercut, spinning wheel kick, headbutt, etc.); but rather hits that would either effect health, focus points and whatnot. I enjoyed looking for sacromechs and sat patches, some are well hidden and a challenge; but even that does'nt change the fact this game is linear as heck; it feels linear with the arrows pointing you where to go next; it is the game's way of saying there's nothing to see just keep the story going ( a lot of the game feels like it's in a tunnel, very small areas to explore and a straight line from start to end). the story was good and kept me intrigued; very mysterious, the remix gameplay was innovative and something new to me which was good. Bottomline, a good linear game. Expand
  51. Jun 19, 2013
    The platforming aspect may not win over some players, but the Linger In Shadows-esque memory modifier gives a soft "What the f*ck" feel at first. It may not have the kind of action most players are looking for, but those who are able to stay attached can agree that Remember Me has some dynamics unique to any futuristic video game ever produced.
  52. Jun 11, 2013
    I have revised my score down to an 7 from a 10. Here's why. Confusing interface for setting up fighting chains. Non-standard, oversimplified save function which caused me to lose about an hour of gameplay. If you could save at will and then see a list of your saved games, as is true in 99.9% of all game titles, this would not have happened. Underuse of the cool memory replay feature. What makes this game unique is underused and much more common platforming and fighting is overused. The linearity is too extreme. I don't want a game to highlight the next place I have to run or jump as if I'm playing a tutorial that never ends. Most of all I'm peeved about losing an hour of gameplay. They should put into place a normal save/load feature. Why anyone would not use such a standard feature is incomprehensible to me. I also see that I have already played 18% of the game. Given that I've only been at it for two hours (one of which I now will have to replay thanks to the save/load snafu) that means this is only a 10 hour game. That's not long enough for a full priced game.

Before I encountered these problems I wrote the below, which is still true, but qualified by the above.

So far so good. The person who said this is unoriginal compared to Cyberpunk 2077 must be from the future since Cyberpunk 2077 isn't set for release until 2015.

Remember Me takes place in a dystopian future Paris circa 2084 (a hundred years after 1984, get it?). In this way it's like the movie, Renaissance (which I recommend), except the setting is where the similarity to Renaissance ends; in this game, memories have been downloaded from people and are sold. People are addicted to them. Nice premise.

The acting is fine, the graphical depiction of futuristic Paris past its prime, and the gameplay (so far reminiscent of Arkham Asylum, Tomb Raider, and Uncharted) has been splendid.

But the real enjoyment is in manipulating the memories of others to help achieve your goals. That is pretty original and there are many ways to manipulate memories in a way that doesn't work at all, so it is something of a challenge. The mechanism for entering and winding memories backward and forward works very well. This is a significant element of the game and sets it apart.

The only negative is the poor explanation of how to create combos. I've created a few but am now sure how. That definitely needs to be explained more clearly.
  53. Jan 30, 2014
    The isn't bad, but also isn't great. It is fine. It did what it wanted to do in a decent way. The game is short even if you are targeting platinum on PS3
    The Memory Remix idea is cool. I wished I had few more of those gameplay. Combo crafting system is also nice. I liked it.
    I hated the camera. I always do with this type of games (melee games). Graphics aren't facinating at all. There
    was no impressions on character facing. And I had that feeling that all enemy faces are identical.
    I didn't like the idea of copying BioShock story surprise at the end. At some point it was obvious and predictable.

Finally I played the game as it's part of PSPlus free game library at some point. But I won't recommend to buy the game. Simply because similar games did way better than this one.
  54. Jun 15, 2013
    I don't have much to ass that hasn't been said. It's VERY pretty, the concept is great, and I SO wanted to get into the world.

Unfortunately, it's far too linear, holds your hand WAY too much, and doesn't let you explore that mazing world that's been setup.

GREAT concept...poor execution.
  55. Jun 18, 2013
    A game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem a diamond. Instead, because of the stale fisticuffs gameplay that has been tried a billion times before, and an emphasis on forcing players to travel through linear corridors like Final Fantasy XIII, you have a scuffed piece of silver: still nice to look at, but nothing special.

All it needed was a little polish and a little extra care to go that extra mile and be truly unique. This, sadly, was not given.
  56. Jun 25, 2013
    The game is okay, it is pretty boring to be such a famous title. It could get better. Trust me, I am a fan of these kind of games, so it is not dead at all.
  57. Jul 8, 2013
    An interest concept and plot marred by lackluster gameplay and execution. Had there simply been more freedom, the game would be a contender for game of the year.
  58. Oct 24, 2013
    Definetely a great game I havnet finished it yet but it seems to be really good I ll come up with a more full review when i do finish it afterall Weird battleing system great story great ideas great gameplay and great graphics The game nailed it
  59. Jun 8, 2013
    first of all let me say DAT ASS

ok now for the review. its a pretty cool game with some neat ideas and a very beautiful art style to match. The combat is fun in that you can create your own combos even though you only get four combo sets in the game. the enemies are also punch sponges as in they just want go down easily. i was expecting the combat to be batman arkham city-esque but
    sadly it doesn't match up at all. its still fun and pretty enjoyable but not great or as fluid as i hoped. another downside is that this amazing city of neo paris is begging to be explored but is hardly exploited at all. i would have love to explored the city in a hub world or something. I like awesome games even if they're linear but this is TOO linear even though the game has a pretty long campaign. that's it. there are no incentives to warrant another playthrough even if it does have a new game plus feature. the best things about this game though are the memory remixes which are truly unique and incredible. basically you play god changing things in these memories to get a different outcome which is fun to watch and figure out. i wish there were more but sadly there are only four. overall it is a good game and i enjoyed. not worth $60 though because of little to no replay value but good for a rent and those who like a good story. i hope it gets a sequel on next gen or something because i would really like to come back to this amazing world. Expand
  60. Nov 10, 2013
    blurp this game sucks first of its short its not worth 60 or 50 or even 40 the combat is meh it can be fun with the combo system that you first need to learn. between combat you are platforming an this sucks its like cool combat than platforming kil platform kill platform boring story and kill platform kil. bosses are meh nothing special. the details in the lineare city of neo paris are great but you can explore nothing of it
    this game is not worth buying i got this with ps+ so its free but stil this is not a 50 dollar game
  61. May 16, 2014
    After finishing the game I have to say that I really enjoyed it, nice graphics and atmosphere, the climbing and combat is fun and the story is good too. It might be a little shorter than other games but quality before quantity right? I admit getting this for free on PS+ but I definitely recommend picking it up if you find it a fair price!
  62. Jun 5, 2013
    This is the best game so far in 2013 both story and gameplay is perfect for me.This game could be better if only Console exclusive imo.Nilin is great character both personality and looking,voice acting is superb, music is great (main menu and xmb menu) other musics is okay.The control is perfect for console version,
    I really hope tis game is not gonna milk like AC,COD. This is a
    masterpiece there is no need sequels.Finally a new game without nudism,XXX scenes,romantic plot and boobfest.This is a true masterpiece. Expand
  63. Jul 5, 2013
    A classic dystopian future where, despite the dreams of a brave new world, hope is on its last thread. This a pretty fun beat 'em style game where you create your own combos. The controls are generally pretty responsive and easy to use, though the game takes too long in hand holding you through them. The action sequences are similar to, though not quite as good as, the Batman games by Rocksteady. This is the best game Capcom has put out in a while and is highly recommended to fans of cyberpunk or beat 'em up style games. Expand
  64. Jun 6, 2013
    In a post Assassins Creed Batman Arkham city gaming environment people have given this game flack for the lack of open world game play. But not everything needs to be that grandiose to be entertaining. The game has a fantastic narrative and the world is visually stunning and only more so being backed by a fantastic soundtrack. The only problem that I found with the game was that the combat was lacking a certain amount of fluidity (hence the rating of 9)

But the game is definitely worth a playthrough, I do hope the I.P gets revisited later one down the line.
  65. Jun 8, 2013
    Aside from criticism garnered from reviews, I think Remember Me is one of the most interesting new IP's in this gaming generation. Although there could have been more of an open setting in my opinion, the actual world design of this game is one of the best i've seen. The ideas behind the memory-mechanic are overshot by the design of Neo-Paris, which is a fascinating ideal. Although the story itself may seem cliché, I think that again it stood up to standards. I hope that Capcom and DOTNOD continue this IP into a second game with Nilin as the protagonist. One last point is the music, the melding of classical and electronic is perfect and reflects the mood of the game. More of the same please! Expand
  66. Jun 9, 2013
    This is one of those times where I didn't listen to major reviewers, and I'm very glad I didn't considering how awesome this game turned out. My only gripe is that the game is too short--I didn't want it to end. The camera can be weird at some points as well. Other than that the game is good. Great combat, addictive soundtrack, good pacing, and perfect blend of cinematics and gameplay. It's like batman and uncharted had a baby. Collapse
  67. Jun 9, 2013
    Just finished Remember Me. Damn.. what a game. I still can't believe the reception for it has been so lackluster. The game has it's faults, but giving this game a score of anything below a 6? Really?
  68. Jun 9, 2013
    Setting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". Background music reminds me of blade runner, so it had a great ambience to it without being distracting.

Platforming: I didn't mind it, but there was a schizophrenic feel to it. for a game that spends a lot of time showing me exactly where to jump and move (via orange arrows pointing each step of the way) there were a number of twitchplay jumps that felt like they were put in just to irritate people. Early in the game, walkthrough tutorials are provided for very very basic puzzles (drop a wall between you and the drone so it cant see you!) while later QTE style chase sequences will probably require you to just die and reload a couple of times to get the pattern. This is not an Open world assassins creed type game, you are on rails. Not a bad thing, but something you should expect.

fighting: the combos give a lot of customizing, but if you're just a button masher you're going to make the fights harder on yourself than they need to be. There is a very specific flow and timing to combat, so regardless of what order you press your 2 buttons for combos, you'll need to master the identical combat timing for your 3 button combo that your 8 sequence combo will take. The combat sequences themselves are pretty run of the mill, with the boss character Madame being especially annoying if you don't have your combo timing down.

Remixing- this was my favorite part of the game, and while I can see how unfeasible it would be to end EVERY encounter with it, I sure wanted more control of using it, more potential targets for using it and even some more consequence and outcomes. Everything else in this game is something I could get in a different game, but the remixing is the truly distinct part. I played through a number of hours just waiting to use this mechanic and to see if it really mattered to the outcome. Nope, linear.

Story -is pretty good. There's a beginning a middle and ending. There is foreshadowing and misdirection. There is a twist beyond some sort of total recall swipe. Edge is a bit of a cliche, but most of the characters have something ditinct going for them.

Replayability- out of the box I don't know if Im going to bother with another playthrough for 'perfect remixes'. If DLC comes out that beefs up the memory remixing aspect of the game I can see myself going back in, but it's otherwise pretty linear.
  69. Jun 9, 2013
    Like some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you do jobs and are leaping from buildings or climbing across the walls half the time it's almost hard to tell the difference when you're in a cutscene and when you're playing. The voices for the characters is pretty good though there are one or two that didn't quite fit still that doesn't hurt the gameplay. Unlike RE5&6 which sadly were somewhat disappointing for me this game will have you playing for hours without knowing it. Expand
  70. Jun 9, 2013
    The look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, and 2 fixed all the mistakes.), I can imagine the sequel coming out on Next-Gen machines and being a must-buy.

I consider this a must buy if you are a fan of something beautiful and different than the shooty games.

The parts that needed polish are not enough to detract from what feels like a new sci-fi epic, reminiscent of Blade Runner and other Philip K. Dick stories, and 1984. I give it 5 breath-of-fresh-air Stars.
  71. Jun 9, 2013
    Now I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think is quite a silly reason. Now the gameplay is a bit linear(keeps it from a perfect score cause i really want to explore this world more, but i cant bring it down to 8 or 7 just because of that because they DID introduce a world i want to explore and my own enviousness of the world shouldn't affect the game it's self) Now the story is solid.

If had to I'd give it a 8-5 to 8-7 if there was a story graph above on this rating thing. I say 8ish because it is a bit of a obvious scifi title and the story is a bit deep ya kinda have to be open to sci fi in general to really appreciate i as such I've graded accordingly so that linear, fighting gamers will know what they get into when considering it. The combo building is a bit blah at first but i really liked it and as someone who loves remember combos as it makes me feel like im learning stuff mid-gameplay amount my own memory skills. As a fan of the open world genre of games it IS a bummer that i cant do that here. The fighting combo remembering makes me remember how Sleeping Dogs caught me by surprise as a great game as well. I feel like a bad-A$$ beating people up as Nilin

Sounds are just top notch, the voice acting is about at English dub anime levels where they sound they could fit the character well but a part of you thinks they could have played it a little less or in some cases a bit more dramatic. Nilin's actress is top notch i will say. Now the game sounds are also great i often play with headphones to not to annoy a tenant i share a wall with and i was thoroughly enthralled with the game and fully immersed.

Now lasting appeal does get an 8 as that its about an 8 hour campaign that once again is very straight forward. But the game is still a great addition to my collection and i will have something to trophy hunt on till i get The Last Of Us in 10 days. The graphics are beautiful and i didn't notice many graphics bugs and if there were any they certainly didn't catch my eye or ruin the game.

Now full-disclosure I WAS spurred to do this because the so many reviews about this(IGN specificly god how i dislike them) were just so unfair so it may be closer to a 4 to 4 and a half but there are no halves and even 4 seemed like a dumbed down score. Honestly i preordered this read reviews last and was like OH GOD I made I HUGE mistake. Then i got it today, started playing it and had NO clue why this was was happening the game is so good and so great. The reviews had me believing that it was horrid filth with its bads far outweighing the good and thats just not true. All and all I really suggest you play this game please don't let the big name game reviews be the ones you go to for your game news. Trust yourself and trust your instincts I think you'll be pleasently surprised, I know I was
  72. Jun 9, 2013
    First Impressions are a big thing to me with games. In the first ten minutes of it this game immediately hooks you as you feel like you're really thrown into Nilins' situation. (main character)
    I only got to play it for about 45 minutes this morning but from what I can tell, the game play is very much a cross between the new Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia.
    The fighting system is rather
    unique in itself, as a dodge can break up a combo that was being executed, and the combos themselves are ones YOU make up and program in, as opposed to having to memorize them.
    As far as graphics and sound go, I'd absolutely say a 10 on both in my opinion. They're smooth and sleek with a LOT going on in the background on most levels.

In the end if you like a game where you can scale walls and buildings like Tomb Raider, have a fighting system like Prince of Persia where you can actively dodge, and a badass story line where social media gets way out of hand, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  73. Jun 9, 2013
    I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job. The music, sound effects, the neo look are all great, but the story in this game is outstanding. The story behind Nilin will suck you in and you will look forward to when you can continue the journey in getting your memory back each time you have to quit the game.

As others have said you set up your combo moves which at first your hands will hurt just getting the combos pulled off. Once you get used to it it will be a little more fluid as the game notifies you when you have to hit either "Y" or "X" depending on whether your set up is for damage, self-healing, or cool down. Some enemies are tougher than others and at the end of Episode 2 I actually had to change the difficulty to the lowest setting to defeat the boss. That's another plus, being able to change the difficulty in order to prevent you from getting frustrated. Again, the story is so good that you will want to beat the heck out of foes in order to find out what's next.

If you are looking for a multiplayer game then pass on this one. If you are looking for a very solid campaign game that just sucks you in then do yourself a favor and pick this game up. Although, this game may be overlooked as I would have missed it if it wasn't for a recommendation from Amazon. I'm really glad this game found me and I think you will too.
  74. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid game play. Expand
  75. Jun 10, 2013
    The story of Remember Me is fascinating. Nilin is not a cliche protagonist with amnesia. She has a true motive, and you will enjoy finding out that motive along with Nilin. Voice acting in this game is superb, and the music used to enhance the atmosphere is mesmerizing. The opening title theme is one of my favorite tracks.

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a
    little more fluid, but it still works. Platforming, stealth, and puzzles break up the monotony of fighting, which is great.

Overall, Remember Me is a different type of title. If you are looking for a change of scenery in a sea of sequels, this is the game for you. Science fiction fans shouldn’t pass this one up either.
  76. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me seemed to me like a great game in the making with modifying the memories of a select target to either kill themselves, remember something important like remembering to turn off the stove before dinner burns or remind them of a regretful drunken night and bring up the possibility of infection.

That is what I wanted to do in Remember Me, and for some part I did. The problem
    was it wanted to turn the protagonist into a futuristic female Ezio Auditore between these parts, and at least with the character of Nilin it makes the main character seem well realized like Ezio. I had no problem with this as long as I got an open world with some interesting side characters and side jobs to do, just like in Assassins Creed 2.
    What I got instead was an open world looking area without the open world and some very average side characters with average dialogue who average out to be nothing but a distraction. Yes, it was average but unlike some games who try to do the exact same thing, at least Remember Me executed these points better then other games like the aforementioned Fuse.
    Something tells me I would have appreciated Remember Me more if it was turning into a Portal type game, in which you are person A, you do a random but well executed selling piece over and over, tie it up into a good but short story and leave it be. The Memory Modifying was the Selling point of this game, but to me it got so caught up with the in-between bits it just landed on the review target of good.
    I can appreciate that a large company like Capcom would take a chance on a new IP like this but if Capcom needs something at the moment its unique titles that separate themselves from the pack like the original Devil May Cry.
    Remember Me definitely has this potential to do something different and unique but for some reason decided to try and throw in Assassins Creed's gameplay into the mix. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be part of the game from the beginning but it could have been removed easily enough or maybe even made better.
    Much like how EA treated Fuse, something tells me Capcom was just treating Remember Me like the stereotypical father and daughter's boyfriend scenario you see in Sitcoms: "Hey, you exist and I sort of approve of you, I just don't want to dedicate any time to get to know you or have to put resources to you since you weren't an original idea, or something I could trust to succeed. I might in the future, but for now you must deal with general ignorance."
  77. Jun 10, 2013
    Simply put, Remember Me is one of the most stunning games to come in a long time. Beautiful visuals, a gripping soundtrack, and a well-designed protagonist unlike any other, make for a fantastic experience that will draw you in from the very start.

The soundtrack especially is one of the hallmarks of the game. It has a REZ-like quality to it. During combat, music has a sort of techno
    style, with a beat that seems to fluctuate depending on how well you fight. String enough combos together, and the speed of the music picks up and flows. Take a hit however, and the music appears to grind to a halt as you recover. Add this to the innovative, albeit underdeveloped, combo crafting system, and the solid feel that combat has in general, and it makes for a wonderful fighting system that will have you looking forward to every encounter with the residents of Neo Paris.

Nilin herself is a fantastic character. She seems more real than other protagonists in almost every way. Nilin is possessing of a rather exotic look, and coupled with a fantastic voice actor she immediately becomes appealing from the very start. The developers seem to have taken a clue from the recent Tomb Raider as well. Nilin walks and runs in a very life-like manner. She glances around at various people and objects that she passes, looks behind her every now and then as she runs, and holds her arm up to shield her face from the heat of flames in the event that you encounter them. Such elements serve to bring the character to life in a more engaging manner.

Remember Me is not without flaws however. The combat system, though solid and innovative, feels like a missed opportunity. The combo lab allows the player to create a number of combos from four different varieties of moves, thus giving the player a measure of control over how combat plays out. However, the system might leave the player with a feeling as if there should have been a few more move types to work with, and perhaps a couple more combo strings to customize. In terms of length, some players may also feel that the story is rather short at an estimated 7-10 hours. It is worth noting however that quality over quantity is a mantra to live by, and Remember Me should not be overlooked simply because of its length.

The story itself is best left as a surprise, to be discovered by the individual, but altogether these aforementioned elements of the game make for a fantastic, engaging experience. The game can only be compared to the likes of Enslaved and Okami, more art than anything else. While some may feel that Remember Me is more on the side of art and doesn't quite step over the border to the side of gaming, it is nevertheless a wonderful experience that should not be missed for any reason.
  78. Jun 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It is a good console-kind of an action. The best thing in this game is definitely the story. After just finishing blockbusters like Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 (a bit late on this one), the story of Remember Me really made an impact on me. At least I can tell you what it was about after a few days pass (unlike the other 2 games I just finished).

The idea it is
    focused around is pretty interesting and somelike of the movie Inception but instead of dreams, the focus here is on memories. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is good enough to keep you immersed in the story. The city it is based in is called Neo-Paris and is very interesting and beautiful (I played it on 3D and it was very rewarding). The story keeps revealing twists so you don't want to stop playing because it keeps tingling your curiosity even though the unvarying battles and jump and run gameplay are a bit simple. Good thing they are not long enough to bore you.

The gameplay itself is nothing new with the exception of the combos. Fighting is pretty straightforward with one button for dodge, and 2 buttons for 2 attacks. The attacks can be linked in pre-made by you combos in which every hit gives you some boost (dmg, heal, etc.) Battles are really easy with the small variety of common enemies and a few bosses which are also as easy. The other part of the gameplay is running,jumping and climbing on some edges and stuff in the city which is extremely easy. You have a pointing arrow thing which shows you exactly where you have to jump or go in every moment so very little time is lost in wondering. This is the biggest con for this game. It is very very linear. It is a pity having such a beautiful environment as Neo Paris and not being able to roam even a little in it.

CONCLUSION:

My conclusion is that in such times of blockbusters, that awe you with graphics and constant action gameplay but are totally lacking any kind of story, a game like this is rewarding your brains and curiosity. Since the gameplay is really simple and easy I almost saw it like a movie just to satisfy my curiosity in the story, and was left with a rewarding feeling after I finished it.
  79. Jun 10, 2013
    My cons and pros for this game. +Atmosphere +Design +Art Direction +Cutscenes +Music +Acting ++++Remixing Memories ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy) ++++++ Story +/- Combat - Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will) - Some glitches and bugs - Confusing combat combos menu - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo - Linear level design

So my final thought is. If DONTNOD get a chance to make a sequel they should make the level design more like Mass Effect with side quests. And they should also iron out the game and fix the combat. BUT, i applaud them for the atmosphere, story, setting, music, acting and allround feeling.
    And also, the remixing memories part and the couple riddles are always a welcome plus.

For me it deserves 8.5/10
  80. Jun 11, 2013
    remember me is kind of unique style but lacks in some areas the combos seem repetitive but the dreams make up for it in my opinion i would not say buy this full price def worth £19.99 purchase tho.
  81. Nov 20, 2013
    Well this game was very disappointing. Graphic are great, music is fine as well.

The bad, Story is full of broken plot holes and dumb twists that don't make sense. Character and voice acting are very bad and make you cringe throughout. Combat system in terrible, if you don't add damage to a combo button you cant kill anything, you will just heal or decrease a timer and beat down for
    ever.
    The platforming are highly glitchy. The maps are dull. Don't buy.
  82. Jun 17, 2013
    The scenery is great, somehow reminds me of Cloud Atlas. I really would like to enjoy this game but it keeps freezing on cut scenes, even after installing the updates (i use AMD graphics, high end).
  83. Jul 3, 2013
    A weird game to start, never played anything like it. It was a good start the story was very well told and that the whole situation was really good. A memory hunter? takes peoples memories and sells them like drugs i think was the jist of it. The combat reminded me of the Batman series as well and that the combat upgraded as you go along and you could create more powerful combinations. Memory remixes were especially creative aswell, the downside that there were only a few. But apart from that overall i enjoyed it. I would recommend to some people but not everyone, it was sort of a mix of assassin's creed and Batman Arkham's. Expand
  84. Jul 4, 2013
    Most under rated game in a LOOOOOOOONG time... It is very disappointing to see so many people hating on a game that at least tries to innovate. How many AAA new IPs do you expect to see if you treat the ones that do come out like this?
  85. Jul 5, 2013
    the story of remember me is the best part of the game i lke the universe of remember me but the game play is really bad the combo system is original but no good and also the game is very easy to finish
  86. Jul 10, 2013
    Remember me is just an average action game. You will forget it after playing through it once. The story is interesting but never really amaze you or ever come close. Nilin, the main character is quite boring. Neo-Paris look and sounds cool but you never get to explore it. This game would been lot higher on my rating chart if it was an open world or semi-open world with a ton of exploration. Combat is not very great with only few combos it feels repetitive after few hours. Expand
  87. Oct 30, 2013
    Remember Me was one of those games I was interested in playing from the beginning. Since I first saw it in an entry in Game Informer, I wanted to play it. Unfortunately, upon receiving the game, I actually felt disappointment, and the reason why is because Remember Me is one of those games that comes so close to being great, but just barely misses the mark.

The story is by far one of
    the more interesting and complex things to grasp in this game. Somehow, in the future, memory has been made manipulable. In the future, painful memories can be deleted, relived, but most importantly remixed. Unfortunately, the head company, Sensen, has used memories to dictate the world. Sensen can use memories to control you or destroy you to turn you into the dreaded creatures known as Leapers. The only ones standing up to Sensen are the Memory Hunters. That is who you are.

You're Nilin, a memory hunter who was captured and had all of her memories, literally sucked out of her, save for her name. After finding out who you are, you're immediately thrown back into the action, and are tasked with taking down the corporation. The story is one of the aspects of the story I'm on the fence on. The story keeps you interested throughout, but fails to deliver any shocking twists. Also, getting Nilin's memories sucked out of her seems like a pivotal point of the story, but is immediately thrown out the window when she's told who she is and what she does for a living five minutes later. There was one awe aspiring moment that stuck with me, but other than that I wasn't impressed.

The best aspect of this game is the graphics. They're topnotch, with well detailed characters and careful use of color to make something as simple as a doctor's lab coat pop. Everything from the broken down slums to the Skyscrapers is beautifully done.

The best part of gameplay is when you get to remix memories. Remixing memories is going into a specific memory of an individual to manipulate the events of the memories in slight ways which lead to a different memory altogether. These were well done, and made remixing the memories more of a puzzle, instead of a follow the directions kind of event. Luckily, the game doesn't stop you if you choose the wrong item. Instead, it allows you to see what exactly you're chosen manipulations lead to. Remixing the memory shows a great change in attitude, as well as grief over a memory that technically never happened. This shows a great amount of care thrown into these remixes, which only makes it all the more depressing that they only showed up four times in the story.

Now, is the saddest part of Remember Me; the combat. It's loosely based on the Batman Arkham series, allowing you to fly from enemy to enemy, see incoming attacks, and vault over enemies to avoid them. However, this is where the concept is flawed. The combat is based on a combo type system, with the strongest part of the combo usually at the end. However, the combo can only be continued on one enemy, so if another enemy comes to hit you, your only option is to vault over the enemy you're attacking, and then continue the combo. This is hindered by three flaws. First is that Nilin is surprisingly slow in combat, so her evade isn't responsive, leaving you to take a hit because Nilin didn't react fast enough. Second, if you do manage to make Nilin evade, the combo will only continue if Nilin vaults over her enemy. Half of the time, Nilin will simply perform a dodge roll, even if you moved your analog stick directly toward your enemy. Lastly, after you perform a vault, you have to continue hitting the same enemy you were before, but, Nilin rarely hits the same enemy, even if you're moving pointing your joystick directly at him. This is only added by the consistent attacks from enemies, causing you to only get one hit before you have to evade again, which isn't very easy because of the before mentioned flaws. This ultimately leaves you with a lot of unfinished combos, making combat a chore.

Next is the enemies. Leapers are extremely annoying because they leap on walls then jump down to attack you. However, the prompt for their attack doesn't stick out, causing you take an unexpected hit multiple times. You can shoot them down, but this just leaves you open for attack for ground enemies and takes way too long. Also, the electric armored enemies are a burden. The only way to take these guys down effectively is with two specials. After use they have a recharge time of over a minute. Attacking with bare fists causes damage, but sometimes that is the only way to take down two enemies, ultimately leaving you with low health.

In a nutshell, Remember Me is a flawed experience with a few good ideas and moments in the otherwise lackluster story, has great graphics, but an almost broken form of combat. Because of it, Remember Me ends up being a game with great ideas, but overall a consistently frustrating and aggravating experience.
  88. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is highly underrated. The story kept me interested, the combat was really fun, boss battles wer entertaining. Voice acting was pretty good (Edge was kind of crappy), but really I don't think this game deserves the crap I've read about it. People are too critical.
  89. Oct 23, 2013
    The game truly is amazing. The graphics look like next generation. The character is very interesting and immediately draws the player into the game. The backgrounds are amazing and playing the memory parts are fun as well. The control can be frustrating, but there really is nothing like his game. It's gameplay is based on combos and jumping as well as climbing. The game is a lot of fun and gamers will enjoy it. The game story is like Inception, THX-1138, and the game Mirror's Edge as far as jumping and climbing with lots of combo action. I highly recommend this title. The price has dropped significantly. Expand
  90. Nov 21, 2013
    The game has solid graphics, good sound and voice acting, and a fresh setting. The futuristic version of Paris looks at times stunning, however, there are al lot of similar hallways and rooms you encounter during your journey which dampen the overall looks. The story is interesting with a couple of twists and the memory-remixing sections are pretty cool. The combat and its combo-creating idea is not bad, but it is not perfectly executed. The enemies require too much hits to take down and the animations are not as smooth as for example in Assassin's Creed. Nevertheless, this is a very good game which should be played by anyone who is looking for a new experience apart from all the modern shooters and action games. Expand
  91. Oct 25, 2013
    remember me is a game that play's very well. And every sci-fi fan should play it. The story keeps you going till the end of the game and dosent make You tired. The combo system is Fun and tactical. Remember me is a great new game which offers a good story, a rare to find combat system, boss fights, action and graphics. I was lookin out to this game the same way after playing the demo for mass effect 2. I wanted to know what happens next! Expand
  92. Nov 2, 2013
    I had high hope for this game, maybe too high...
    I like the genre and the idea. The game has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and the music and sound is awesome. But the gameplay has a long learning curve before you start to get what and how you should do to progress.
    Not the best game ever, but sure worth giving a try...
  93. Nov 1, 2013
    What the game does right is the start of the story. Interesting beginning, fun combat and quick first memory change. You think the game is gonna be great well not really. Combat after a while gets boring.For my playthroug the first two combos I've made at the beginning where the same till' the end. What's the point of having so many possibilities if what you chose at the start will get you to the end?
    Boss fights are ok'ish. The last boss is a bit disappointing to easy to fast on medium.
    The cyberpunk setting and graphic style was what I liked.
    If it had an open world, maybe some side quest it would have been a good game. Not worth full price. If you can get a used one for less then 6£ then try it out.
  94. Dec 9, 2013
    Repetitive but rewarding, Remember Me contains an amazing story, amazing visuals and sound track, which makes this game to be a big surprise, in a good way.
  95. Nov 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic, One of the best stories i've ever seen in an action game. The Cyberpunk visual, the soundtrack blends fantastic with the story, and the gameplay mechanic is innovative.
    If you like a game with a superb story, cyberpunk visual, with the right challenge dose, this is the game for you!
  96. Feb 21, 2014
    Just played this game after getting it on PS+ awhile back. The story, world and art in this game are top notch, if the story is filled a bit. If this were all the game would it would have scored much higher for me, however I found that the combat system was extremely frustrating. I enjoy a game with some challenge in the combat system, part of the reason I initially liked the lack of a counter in this game, however the way that the system was implemented just didn't work. When you begin attacking an enemy you begin one of four combos (that you can adjust within the Combo Lab) and you continue down that button path with no other "trees" or "branches" from any of the four. Additionally, if you get hit your combo resets (fair enough) however, especially when fighting the leapers and shooting robots, the red notification telling you to dodge either doesn't show up, shows up to late for the character to dodge or, in the case of the robots, shows up to early and you dodge into the attack. Now this becomes an issue early on because on the hard difficulty the enemies hit for a lot of damage and you're unable to regen any health because of interrupted combos and when you die for the 6th time on a fight from an enemy jumping from a wall onto you without warning it get very frustrating. Additionally, and this design decision really made me scratch my head, your combo only continues building if you keep attacking the same enemy and if you dodge wrong (not dodging into your enemy) or you dodge over the wrong enemy, the combo stops again.

So the biggest issues in the combat system primarily revolve around the dodge mechanic and the combo raising, an example of this frustration is apparent when fighting large groups as you will attempt to start a combo against one enemy and, assuming it works correctly and you see the attack symbol, another enemy tries to attack you from behind, if you dodge to the side of your target, even a little, despite not being hit you must restart your combo.

A counter button that just deflected an enemy's attack and didn't even do any damage or just a little more lenience on when a combo was interrupted would have done wonders for this system and likely would have eliminated most of my complaints about the game
  97. Mar 17, 2014
    Sometimes I'm looking for a linear experience. One where I don't have to search every garbage can and pile of rubble. Remember Me had a great path laid out and though at times it was tedious, I didn't mind climbing and joking across alleys. The music was spectacular and I especially liked the memory manipulation remixes.

Combat was fun with a decent amount of enemy types, a slightly
    limited combo system made for a lot of repetition in parts. But combos can be written with modules for a nice variety of specializes and some replayability.

The art design was spectacular with a fun robot cyberpunk like dystopian future. A bit like a future Assassin Creed title with fair imagination and a good mystery to unravel. I've recommended this toy friends who enjoy naughty dog titles and bioshock, along with friends of the card game netrunner.

Finding some of the hidden add ons was occasionally a chore but mot that big of a deal. the game can be enjoyed without them. Looking forward to more from this developer.
  98. Sep 4, 2014
    Such a great game. I don't understand all the hate. Just because it's linear, doesn't make it bad.
    It has new innovative combat, some cool memory section where you remix memories, and the story is really good. I was hooked from beginning to end. And the ending was very emotional and beautiful, very satisfactory. Can't hype this game enough. Really really good, just go out and buy it, right now.
  99. Nov 24, 2014
    I've played enough of Remember Me to give you my verdict on the game. It's bad in every sense of the word. The combat is boring and repetitive. Combos will drop for no reason what so ever. The platforming is a joke. The story is too artsy fartsy for its own good. The graphics are decent, but I wouldn't say that they stand out in any way. All in all, the game feels like it's trying to be Mirrors Edge. Only it isn't fun to play and the story is somehow worse. I give the game a 3/10. A complete waist of time. Expand
  100. Jun 9, 2013

1. Nov 15, 2013
    For a first time developer, Remember Me appears highly ambitious. And while it’s got some neat ideas it never quite does anything substantial with them, instead providing an enjoyable, if forgettable experience.
  2. Moments like convincing a police officer to commit suicide because you made him think he murdered his girlfriend prove that Remember Me belongs in the top league of video games. Too bad that Dontnod does not fully capitalize on these moments by limiting your options when remixing memories. [July 2013, p.86]
  3. Jul 21, 2013
    A mess of interesting ideas inexpertly implemented, resulting in a horribly generic action game that fails to live up to its promise. [Aug 2013, p.68]