5.3

1. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  2. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  3. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    Why Capcom? Just, why? RE was one of my favorite series of all time and now you decided to make it into something without any sense of personality! Copying any other TPS in existance isn't always a good idea. For all of those who haven't played it yet, if your favorite game of all time is MW3 then you'll dig it for sure, this isn't RE anymore.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls,First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls, enemies who lose meat as they are shot. CHALLENGING, play it on Veteran and tell me you won't be saying, "Man, I need some ammo!!!" I could go on and on about how much fan service is in the game, Leon's first chapter ALONE is an entire reference to the beginning of Resident Evil 2. GO BUY THIS GAME!!! And I figure I'd squish some of the arguments people are having saying, "This isn't Resident Evil!" Resident "Gears of War" Evil? How can Resident Evil emulate Gears of War when Resident Evil 4 made the follow-3rd person camera popular, that influenced Gears of War? Go on Wikipedia and research it. "Chris' campaign is garbage, it's "Call of Duty!" Okay, Chris was an ex-military airforce man, was super into winning Marksmen contest, it makes SUPER sense and is in perfect line that Chris would be in a tank going right at Bioterrorism. At the end of TWO Resident Evils Chris proclaims either, "We need to take out Umbrella once and for all" while in a fighter jet or while in a helicopter, "To live in a world without fear? Yeah it's worth it." All the complaints with the wiggling of the joystick to get away from zombies, in Resident Evil 2 & 3, you had to CONSTANTLY hammer on the square button EVERY time a zombie bit you so you wouldn't lose too much life. I'm convinced that more than 80 percent of the negative reviews are people who hated the game before even playing it for long enough to even review it. And QTE were all over RE4! If you're on the fence and loved recently survival horror games such as Dead Space 1 & 2, you should really, really enjoy this game! Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    While I did have fun playing this game in co-op, it often felt like a capcom just took every single idea the development team had and stuck them in regardless of what they were. The result is a messy, uncertain, oddly paced action adventure shooter that doesn't quite give players any time to breathe. I love mercenaries mode though, and I liked the story. Agent hunt can burn in hell.
  7. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst Resident evil game i have ever played in my life, and i thought RE5 was bad enough but this took it to a whole new level.

i bought the $95 anthology collection and i have to say this is the worst purchase i have ever made in my life, i played about 10-15mins of this and right out of the gate there is quick time events, and mostly just watching a darn movie. After that i just could not do it anymore, i hated RE4 and 5 for the over the sholder view and the No horror.

if you enjoyed RE 4 and 5 then you will prob love this as you most of you guys love change and love to accept anything that is thrown at you. love quick time events and long cutscenes? Do you love 3rd person shooters and Action games? love Zombies with guns! then well you will love this game then.

I hope capcom learns something from this, and goes back to the old style of Resident evil, i mean how do they go from Resident evil Remake to RE4 and 5 i mean come on!
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    I Loved the Game, off course it's no longer a survival horror game, but they managed to do the best action-game of the year, it's awesome! Haters can keep hating, i loved the Game, and yes, i played all the Resident Evils from PSOne and PS2, and i don't hate RE6!
  9. Oct 3, 2012
    What the hell capcom!first you **** up mega man and then Resident Evil? The plot is weird, its not scary, the gameplay is stable and the difficulty is annoying! Im sorry but i give up,resident evil is dead,period.
  10. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't like this game, so it's worth 0, cuz you know, games are like are always 10. Derpederp, this game is **** I really don't like changes made to gameplay, but if they didn't change anything I would've given it a 0 still. I'm like every elitist qqer out there! GEARS OF EVULLLL FTW!
  11. Oct 24, 2012
    The game is not that good, any of you saying that it's a good game are in denial. I'm not giving this game a bad review because of it being an action game, I;m giving it a bad review because this game feels like I'm playing atleast 5 different games in 1. It's just a generic 3rd person shooter. The people who think this game is good have probably not played many games in their day. I ownThe game is not that good, any of you saying that it's a good game are in denial. I'm not giving this game a bad review because of it being an action game, I;m giving it a bad review because this game feels like I'm playing atleast 5 different games in 1. It's just a generic 3rd person shooter. The people who think this game is good have probably not played many games in their day. I own pretty much every system ever made as I'm a collector,also a game collector and have played thousands of games. I I bought this game on release and finished it in 3 days including Adas campaign. There is no replayabilty in this game,except if you collect trophies. Some textures in the game look like PS1 ( look at the top of the tank in Chris's Campaign early in the game) The controls suck ass (like all resident evil games) but if you are going to make an action game, your controls have to be good. The camera is the most horrible thing I've ever seen, and some parts when you are running/swimming from an enemy it doesn't look like you are moving at all. The story didn't make much sense. The only thing I really like about the game was the music, but even the music in the main menu sounds like it was copied from Gears of War Menu Screen but with a little difference. The boss fights were not fun,they felt really scripted. The acting was horrible but atleast it made me laugh a few times. I think Call of Duty has become the cancer of gaming, like seriously, people haven't realized yet that Call of Duty is trash and is the same game every year, and people are dumb enough to buy into it's Micheal Bay style explosion fest B.S. So here is a break down of my score, this is a thought out break down and I didn't just pull these scores out of my ass......Keep in mind I thought the game was easy on pro but the controls still were not smooth like they should be for an action game.

Gameplay-5 (not including camera)
    Camera- 2
    Controls- 3
    Fun-5
    Sound- 8
    Music- 8
    Replayability- 3 (not including trophy hunting)

34/70 = 49% rounded to 50% = 5/10

People giving this game higher than a 6 are either obviously indenial or they haven't played many games. Play Dead Space 1 & 2 those games are a lot better than this pile of crap. Dead Space is linear but they do it in such a way that it fits perfectly with the game. With Dead Space you get cool weapons,nice controls,intense momments, story is good and let's just say the quality of Dead Space is so much better than Resident Evil, just see for yourself :) **** even Dark Souls was a low budget game and that games is way ahead of Resident Evil. But casual gamers can't play that game because it doesn't hold your hand, you need skill to play it. Oh and I see people giving this game good scores and in there review they either say they haven't even played throw the entire game yet, also people that give it good scores say that there is only 3 campaigns when infact there are 4.. makes me think that these good scores are from people that haven't even played through the game... Resident Evil 6 rename that **** to Resident Evil sucks DLC dub edition remix.. Screw you Capcom you suck just like Activision. Both use to be good companies but have lost their way into greed.. tisk tisk ****
  12. Oct 5, 2012
    If I wanted Gears of War, I'd buy Gears of War. I didn't have to wait three years and then shell out sixty dollars to play this cash-out piece of crap. I wish companies would learn that trying to turn great series into Call of Duty is a horrible idea in the end, but since it's Capcom, at this point I'm not really sure why I expected anything else.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    Absolutely **** game developed by untalanted company. This is like MW with 3rd person. Very bad graphics, no physics, the plot is simple like a children coloring book. Ansha Abdul.
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    After 2 Hours of playing i can finally say i am finished with resident evil and from now on im going to boycott capcoms games. Just the thought of another capcom game makes me utterly sick.
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to all these retarded trollers giving it bad scores probably without even having tried the game.. They just hate on the game because it's not their precious resi 1, 2 and 3.. Cry me a **** river, losers... The game is excellent! I have played through Leon's campaign and it was a lot of fun! The graphics are awesome, the story is excellent, dialogue is good, gameplay excellent.Don't listen to all these retarded trollers giving it bad scores probably without even having tried the game.. They just hate on the game because it's not their precious resi 1, 2 and 3.. Cry me a **** river, losers... The game is excellent! I have played through Leon's campaign and it was a lot of fun! The graphics are awesome, the story is excellent, dialogue is good, gameplay excellent. It's all i could have asked for and more imo! I loved Resident Evil 4, i loved Resident Evil 5, i loved Revelations and now i love Resident Evil 6! =) So don't listen to the haters, they are just crybabies with nothing better to do than write **** about this game rofl, i feel sorry for them =/ I really do.. Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2012
    I've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I gotI've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I got enough hours and enjoyment out of this game that I can't hate it. I'm through with it now because of these errors, but it was worth it. Save points (not checkpoints) are way to sparse. I once played a super long section before a save point and needed to pause the game, but I forgot to turn off the online, which disables pause with no way of entering a menu to turn online off. Hilarious.Some really cool areas though. And like i said, I don't really know how to desribe it, but there was just so much freedom. That's why it gets a good score instead of a bad one. Expand
  17. Dec 15, 2012
    It's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he'sIt's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he's exactly look like Grey Dante from Devil May Cry but with a mediocre campaign. Leon's new look was okay, not much. I thought Sherry Birkin's safe after the events in Resident Evil 2, but as a playable character? What's going on and what's with all the darkish screens? I think Capcom just picked up the wrong game. If Operation Raccoon City was a disappointment, so does this crap. Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  18. Oct 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway. Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just fails
  19. Oct 5, 2012
    In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal.
  20. Oct 4, 2012
    Stupid camera, laggy controls. Annoying gameplay. Sometimes FPS has drop to uncomfortable low. I have no idea what developers tried to create, but they failed. Not recommended to buy at all.
  21. Oct 3, 2012
    Shame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. TheShame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. The gameplay is a mess, the camera is terrible, the objectives are redundant, the combat/gameplay in general is unbelievably bland and joyless and lacks any tension or atmosphere. The return of zombies that the developers keep boasting is haphazard at best - these "zombies" are not at all the way we remember - they're clumsy, die easy and they're just not scary at all. It's almost as if they were making an entirely different game and thought "hey, this game we're making isn't turning out so well - let's put some zombies in it and call it Resident Evil 6!" It makes me sick that Capcom would blatantly sell out the series and it's fans like this, and Hiroyuki Kobayashi said it himself that ditching R.E's iconic dark gameplay and survival horror roots was all about $$$$ diamonds & ferrari's and so forth. Excuse me while I'm sick... Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2012
    Really the RE series ended in 3. Unfortunate. For me just in the RE code Veronica, The rest is just garbage. Dou nota 2 pelo grafico e som.
  23. Oct 5, 2012
    Like the movies, Capcom decided that money is more important than fan satisfaction. They strayed out of the original story line, puzzle solving, horror and ammo/herb management. All that is what made the old RE game unique, a gem at it's own right. RE4 was alright but you can tell this is where it all stated to go down. I played the new RE6 game yesterday, sorry to say but it was awful. ItLike the movies, Capcom decided that money is more important than fan satisfaction. They strayed out of the original story line, puzzle solving, horror and ammo/herb management. All that is what made the old RE game unique, a gem at it's own right. RE4 was alright but you can tell this is where it all stated to go down. I played the new RE6 game yesterday, sorry to say but it was awful. It didn't feel like i'm playing an RE game. It felt like I was playing Gears of war, Need for speed, and Tom Clancy's Hawx. A horrible version of those games too ( if you played Chris's story line you'll know what I mean ). Resident evil became a C grade game if not worse, just because the graphics is good it doesn't mean that the game is good too. The gameplay was bad, the story line was poorly written and not a lot of thought was put into it. It felt like they were in a hurry to get it done. Expand
  24. Oct 15, 2012
    This game is ok at best. The online crossovers where you join up with two other players for a boss fight are really about the only good part of the game. The throwback to RE 2 in Leon's campaign with the gun shop is nice but that's where the good in this game ends.

The QTEs are a mess. Sometimes they fit with what's going on in the scene but many times they make no sense. The ones where you have to hit the button multiple times in one prompt don't make any sense. They don't reflect the situation your character is currently in.

The forced camera changes to focus on certain things (door, event, objective, etc.) while you are playing are awful. If you're mid fight it's easy to get taken down by the enemies that you can no longer see because the camera moved. Same with the fact that when it cuts to a scripted event during play, your character can still get attacked if you were mid-fight when the event happened. This is unacceptable.

My biggest complaint about the game, however, is the skill system. Many of the skills are pointless and just a waste of time. The main thing is that this only allowing 3 skills at a time is completely stupid. What is the point of only having 3 at a time? This idea that you have to set up 8 layouts of skills that you can change on the fly is annoying. Perhaps if you could change the skills in your layout on the fly then I could get behind this system a little more. All in all though, the whole system needs to just be dropped. The upgrade system from 4 and 5 were infinitely superior to this garbage. Instead of just having this "Firearm power increased" where it's some sort of generic power up, the progressive system where you could pick which aspect of each firearm was improved was so much better. You actually felt some sort of accomplishment whereas in this, I never once felt like I really earned anything because it didn't translate into the gameplay. You couldn't see the improvement.

Overall the game is ok with a mediocre story and some "neat" action/cinematic scenes. Being able to join up and have 4 player boss fights is fun, but there are too many elements wrong with this game. A broken camera, worthless skill system, a loss of sense and feeling of what made Resident Evil, Resident Evil. Even with the massive change that 4 brought to the series it still had a feeling that it was Resident Evil. The only thing this has in common with Resident Evil are the characters. Hopefully RE 7 will if not go back to being more like the original games, at least be more like 4.
  25. Nov 28, 2012
    Just a quick one...Resident Evil has moved into a new direction. Deal with it. If you stop comparing it to past games, you may enjoy it. Treat it as an individual piece and you'll like it. As i said with Resident Evil 5, The scares usually disappear when it stops becoming YOUR problem, and becomes more world wide, which is where the virus has spread to...all over the globe, people areJust a quick one...Resident Evil has moved into a new direction. Deal with it. If you stop comparing it to past games, you may enjoy it. Treat it as an individual piece and you'll like it. As i said with Resident Evil 5, The scares usually disappear when it stops becoming YOUR problem, and becomes more world wide, which is where the virus has spread to...all over the globe, people are feeling the effects of the virus, so it's no longer JUST YOU, .. I love this game. And to all the trolls...Thanks for giving it such bad feedback, as it led to me getting it on the cheap. Lots of negative reviews = Price drop! So, please carry on...If you could just go and troll 'Far Cry 3' for a while i'd be greatful...Thanks! Expand
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    It's just an insane rollercoaster ride.
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed.
    ASTA LUEGO CAPCOM!
  27. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  28. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies.
  29. Dec 27, 2012
    While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game,While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game, the three main campaigns provide several hours of gameplay each and the mercenaries modes are as fun as always. The downside here is that this is NOT survival horror. Its more akin to Gears of War with Zombies. If that appeals to you then RE6 will be a perfect fit for you, if your an old school RE player than you'll be disappointed. I'm 42, I love RE (not Operation Racoon City) I liked 5 and I like 6. This game is getting far too many negative reviews because it is different from the games released on PS1 ten years ago. Face it people, RE grew up and evolved. Whether thats good or bad is a matter of preference and for me personally its good. Give this game a try, its way better than some of these reviews would lead you to believe. (I havent played the bonus campaign with ADA so I can't comment on that...yet). Expand
  30. Oct 4, 2012
    the game can have a chance but they ruined it.
    If revelations worked out why did res6 suffer there are many problems to the game
    Negatives. split campaign for each character. too much quicktime events random pacing story that goes in a circle boring final boss . lame meet up for leon & chris . hit detection . chris & leon felt dull and one dimensional NO Jill & claire positive.
    the game can have a chance but they ruined it.
    Negatives.
    split campaign for each character. too much quicktime events
    random pacing story that goes in a circle
    boring final boss .
    lame meet up for leon & chris .
    hit detection .
    chris & leon felt dull and one dimensional
    NO Jill & claire

positive.
    leon's campaign was ok rest were garbage
    cpu partner never dies

so avoid the rest of game when your done with leon's campaign
  31. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  32. Nov 19, 2012
    I've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign isI've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign is scary, it doesn't even compare to the originals. I can tell you from experience the only people actually giving this game a positive review are the ones who HAVEN'T even tried the original games. Once you guys try the REmake, then play this. This is disappointing. After about an hour into the second campaign I literally was so disgusted I turned the game off and haven't touched it since. I probably won't even beat the game. Capcom ruined one of my favorite franchises with this. Till they go back to the roots, I'm done with RE. Expand
  33. Oct 4, 2012
    They should rename this game Resident of Duty 6: Modern Zombies. This is by far the worst game in the serie. Capcom has divided the plot into 3 campaigns which is just stupid, they didn't want to put any effort into making one good story so they made 3 short and weak stories. The campaigns are boring and just run-and-gun, no tension at all. Also, the new character, Jake Muller, is one ofThey should rename this game Resident of Duty 6: Modern Zombies. This is by far the worst game in the serie. Capcom has divided the plot into 3 campaigns which is just stupid, they didn't want to put any effort into making one good story so they made 3 short and weak stories. The campaigns are boring and just run-and-gun, no tension at all. Also, the new character, Jake Muller, is one of the weakest characters ever been introduced to the Resident Evil serie. It's like Capcom wouldn't let go of Wesker so they made him up. Capcom has lost their touch and I will no longer buy another game from them. Expand
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    LOLWUT?! Did i miss some sort of organized raid against this game? The amount of negative reviews is clearly some hardcore trollin'. This game is pretty good, they brought back scary elements and really overhauled the graphics and gameplay. I really had some truly terrifying moments, and some visceral action to top it off. This game isn't CoD, Gears of War, or any of the games people areLOLWUT?! Did i miss some sort of organized raid against this game? The amount of negative reviews is clearly some hardcore trollin'. This game is pretty good, they brought back scary elements and really overhauled the graphics and gameplay. I really had some truly terrifying moments, and some visceral action to top it off. This game isn't CoD, Gears of War, or any of the games people are comparing it to if you were looking for that go play one of those games. Expand
  35. Oct 2, 2012
    I honestly think a lot of people hate this game because they're a bunch or rage quitting babies. I'm playing on pro to start and have no problem killing zombies and using herbs. Yes, it's survival horror, there are zombies, you're trying to survive, zombies and gore equal horror...so yeah, its a survival horror action shooter! Hooray!
    My point is, in order to play this game you can't be
    My point is, in order to play this game you can't be a rage quitter. Yes, you MUST think ahead before using your herbs and equipping weapons. Using the D-pad is a vary good idea. melee attack is great especially when accompanied by a quick shot. No you can't just pause and change weapons you must find a safe place to lay low and do so. (hence THINK AHEAD) Yes! This game makes you WORK! QTEs all over the place so be quick and dextrous with your controller. I have no problem and find it enjoyable.
    "You can't kill zombies on the ground that haven't come alive yet." Big deal be ready for laying down, seemingly harmless zombies to come alive and remember where they are. Simple.
    "The zombies are hard to kill even with a head shot." FINALLY a challenge. Zombies can use weapons, again, FINALLY A CHALLENGE!
    "There are hard enemies that are almost impossible to kill!" (Remember Crimson head zombies and Hunters? You know the super fast zombies and the lizard things that would one hit decapitate you?)
    "Some monsters are stupid." Really, so giant spiders, snakes, cricket/ **** men, leaches, monkeys, and back voice acting weren't? OH OMG WAIT! What about zombie sharks!? No that's clearly not dumb.
    "Oh you just don't know a quality game when you see one." Sure I do, I just know when to relax and enjoy a game for what it is. A GAME.

I gave this game a high score because I'm calm and patient and don't mind dying a few times to conserve ammo and health.

YES! It is a roller coaster ride and one I quite enjoy. ^_^ If you can't handle a crazy ride stick with the kiddy park and go play Gears of War.

NO, not the best game, or RE installment ever but hey, they wanna try something new fine. I support the poor guys at Capcom while the execs fudge stuff up.
    Valiant effort guys.
  36. Oct 4, 2012
    That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face.
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    As a long term RE fan, This game shocked and appalled every sense my body has. Even ones I didn't know I had. This game is not scary. The control system is really bad. This gives the feel that capcom wanted the CoD audience. It really pales in comparison with RE4, And somehow makes 5 a good game.
    Yep, that's how much they screwed this game up.
    This game is terrible. Don't buy it.
  38. Oct 3, 2012
    Totally disgusting. Shallow and unimaginitive gameplay, no backstory in this so called ten year gap, little to no innovation and incredibly frustrating game mechanics. Storylines are bland and dull and the whole game was BORING! Trading it in, congratulations on killing the king of survival stone dead! Forgetting the series heritage as the kind of horror, you turn the franchise into aTotally disgusting. Shallow and unimaginitive gameplay, no backstory in this so called ten year gap, little to no innovation and incredibly frustrating game mechanics. Storylines are bland and dull and the whole game was BORING! Trading it in, congratulations on killing the king of survival stone dead! Forgetting the series heritage as the kind of horror, you turn the franchise into a bland action flick, reminiscent of films that shove explosions in for the fun of it and create nothing but a bad taste in your mouth. You might as well spit on the grave of the horror games, I hope they rise from their grave and develop future games, they'll be a damn site better than what you've done. Absolutely furious. Expand
  39. Oct 14, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.
    I am a huge fan of the series. I played the original games back on the PS1, loved the new take when RE4 came out and am thrilled to see where RE6 has taken things.
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.

There are THREE seperate campaigns to play through! Each of them has a very different flavour. How critics can say the game isn't scary is beyond me. The Leon chapter harks back to the very first RE games and does a brilliant job of modernising things.

Chris's campagn is more action packed - much like RE 5. The boss battles are sublime and the creature variation is phenominal.

The game is hard though. Ammo is scarce so you still need to manage this wisely. The addition of improved mele combat is welcomed also.

On top of this - if you turn ON agent hunt (should be on by default) you can up the fear factor by knowing that any one of the enemies in your game can at any point be taken over by a real human being online who is out for your blood. This adds an incredibly tense feeling to the entire playthrough.
  40. Feb 19, 2013
    Don't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy whereDon't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy where everything that has happened comes together story-wise. Graphics are nice, Sound design is mostly okey, music is good, and art is mighty fine. Finally Resident Evil has controls updated from mid-90s to 2010s, and you're not in a tank mode anymore which kind of sucked in previous games in this series. Imho fixed controls made this game way more fun to play than any of the previous games in the series. And for the fixed controls and everything else I'm giving the 9 it deserves. Considering that it has some issues with scripted events and certain fixed camera angles which didn't really work that well... I probably should stamp a solid 7 or 8 on top of it. And yes, it's true that the controls, the story, the enemy design, and the situations you get to make this game more action oriented game which has a horror theme on top of it. It's not solely about survival horror despite it having a survival horror segment in it when you play as Leon and shoot zombies. The game probably gives you few scares but other than that it's more about horror themed action game. Something Resident Evil (Biohazard) series has always done the best. And it's just that the name for this game is wrong. If it was called anything else than "Resident Evil" it would have not probably gotten all this trolling and hate going on for it. I personally think the Japanese name "Biohazard" is more suitable name for the series and should be called Biohazard since it's logical name for the game and themes and story are all essentially about "biohazard(s)". Expand
  41. Feb 9, 2013
    Terrible game, worst of 2012 for sure. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
    How can this on-rails crap be made from the same guys who made the amazing Dragon's Dogma?
  42. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ive played every Resi game since the start, and although scores on here are harsh I can understand why. I enjoyed Resi' 0 to 5, but what they have done is stupid. I understand they are trying to move forward with the series, but this game is not the one to do so. Problems ive had so far is enemies sponging bullets ALOT, attacks not having the desired effects and headshot not counting towards an insta kill. Also the games darkness makes it somewhat hard to focus on what your doing, combine that with the erratic camera and it is frustrating as hell. Playing with a random we each got killed by the (spoiler ahead) train in the subway, not knowing who messed up, whay we did wrong because in a similar area the game prompts you to press A+X together to dodge said train, this time there was no option, very very strange and annoying. Id save myself cash if you are still deciding. I traded Tekken Tag for this game, it was not worth it. Every minite I spent with this game my heart has been sinking, because to bluntly put it, the game is boring.

Run in straight line, pump all ammo into enimies that refuse to die, carry on to next straight corridor where yoh will yet again be swarmed by enemies. Seriously I paced my shot into thier face and it take 4 headshots or about 12 body shots to kill a simple enemy. What also sucks is the dialog, way to cheesey and couldnt find the energy to care about the characters or what was even going on. I also counted over 10 QTE's within the first 5 minites of play, I just felt bored from the start as there was no effort required. Dont even get me started on ths soldier that jumps from the chopper shoooting, whilst the highway infront of him was exploding? Where is the sense in that?Action for the sake of actio. All in all, if your looking for any remaining part of Resi.... You wont find it here. Think is the name of the game when tagged onto gameplay like this doesnt make sense, the enemies are bothersome more than anything else.

Buy this game at your own risk, just know that there is nothing in the game that hasnt been done better before and all we're left with is 3 mishmash campaigns that try to appeal to everyone but in the end impress no one. Resi is dead, I have lost hope, this is a sad moment for the franchise
  43. Oct 10, 2012
    At first I thought that it was just bad design choices, but it is far worse than just bad design choices. This game is so bad I cannot believe it.at all. If you are at all curious, then rent it, play Leon's campaign and then return it because it doesn't get any better after Leon's campaign.
  44. Oct 11, 2012
    I love Resident Evil. I even liked 5. What I don't like are forced, awful, obnoxious QTE's. Leon's campaign was the only tolerable part of the game for me and the only reason it gets a 3. You have to perform a QTE for almost everything. Dodging bosses, starting cars, climbing elevator cabling, and even fighting zombies. The majority of this game is QTE's and very poor third person actionI love Resident Evil. I even liked 5. What I don't like are forced, awful, obnoxious QTE's. Leon's campaign was the only tolerable part of the game for me and the only reason it gets a 3. You have to perform a QTE for almost everything. Dodging bosses, starting cars, climbing elevator cabling, and even fighting zombies. The majority of this game is QTE's and very poor third person action a'la Gears of War. The cover system is broken, worthless, and should never have made it past pre-alpha testing. there are several places where unskippable cutscenes will outright murder you if you are unprepared. Playing as Leon there were a few places where you need give Helena a boost to go perform some task while you hang out and maybe kill some zombies. She will invariably trigger an unskippable cutscene that allows anything you happened to be fighting at the time to walk right up to you and knock you down or trigger yet another terrible QTE. Your inventory is unnecessarily limited. You have to carry all your items at all times, but simply carrying a stack of each ammo type, and one of each grenade type will limit you to the point that you cannot pick up two herbs to mix. Forcing you to drop ammo or your last grenade just to mix an herb is a flaw, not a feature, in my opinion. Especially when you consider that this is not a survival game in the least, I never once ran out of ammo, or even had to change guns if I didn't feel like it. The upgrade system is an inferior replacement to being able to upgrade your weaponry. It functions like the perks from CoD. You may have noticed people constantly comparing this game to CoD and GoW in their reviews, it's not coincidence. They blatantly merged the two and liberally sprinkled with way too many QTEs so they wouldn't have to work on actual gameplay. Some of the QTEs are the most annoying things I've ever seen in a game. The way Leon has to climb the elevator cable in chapter 5... The icons telling you what to hit are so unhelpful as to actually be a hindrance. The one where you have to pan around repeatedly to start the car or to land a plane... It's really just abysmally frustrating and takes away from any fun you may have been having. I really wish I could like this game, but Capcom has shown me over the last year or two that they have forgotten how to make a game fun. At least the graphics are top notch so you can enjoy some scenery while you scream at your TV in frustration. Oh, the monsters are all pretty kickass too. Especially the bosses. Expand
  45. Oct 13, 2012
    I knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented butI knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented but they don't give you action ammo. You will run out of ammo a lot. Also the camera is extremely annoying at times. Just do yourself a favor and forget this game and franchise. I'm so glad I rented it... and even then I still want my money back. Go out and buy Dishonored instead. NOW that's a fun game. Expand
  46. Oct 15, 2012
    I don't understand why so many people don't like this game? There may be a few reasons? but it not so bad... The game is awesome! Maybe not quite Horror but not bad game.
  47. Oct 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't really see what all the complaining is about. When Resident Evil 4 came out with an entire new modern concept of the Resident Evil games I was quite happy actually. The 3rd person view creates a more suspense type atmosphere, taking away the knowledge of whats behind you. Which in several cases has gotten me killed (^^;) but more or less I still enjoy it. The 4 Campaigns. YES 4, brings a whole new concept in each one, Leon's campaign sticking to the original zombies as back in Raccoon City when he was a rookie cop. Chris's taking on the role that brought the more action pack concept out. The same style that was used in Resident Evil 5. (Which I enjoyed to a full extent.). Jake is more of a Resident Evil 3 running away from Nemesis type of thing. Even though I found this a bit, worn out? Due to the fact Jill had to do the same thing in 3. But regardless it scared the living daylights out of me. The hiding around can get annoying though if your completely dumbfounded as on what to actually do. Ada's (The campaign you unlock after doing the other 3.) Is sort of similar to the Separate Ways extra content in Resident Evil 4. Being a Single player only (Excluding the Story intersections) I found her stealth like campaign very entertaining. During the 3 campaign's which is to make you think incredibly bad of Ada. You find out the real story after playing Her campaign. The Skill point system which is there to make it easier to get through your game, and harder at the same time. Unlockables aren't as easy to get now. Such as Infinite Ammo. Which makes a lengthy duration of the game entirely. The mercenaries mode bringing out. Leon, Chris, Jake, and Ada (After you beat her campaign of course) Along with 4 Other unlockable characters as this was in the previous games. But also there is a separate skill setting for Mercenaries too making it easier and more enjoyable to play. Taking on more damage during the time you play as well... (A LOT more damage. Trust me I've Experienced it.) It makes everything more enjoyable. The New Agent Hunt setting is extremely interesting as well. The fact of the matter you can intercept a player's game playing as one of the many B.O.W.s trying to stop them in their mission gives quite a scare to me now knowing another player can be controlling the enemies I fight. All in all Resident Evil 6 I find to be an incredibly fun game with no intention of calling it bad. Some concepts in the story are rather confusing. Ada's campaign being the most interesting in my opinion. Chris's probably being the most Drama inflicted as well. While others are just excitement. The story is good. Some things in the game CAN make better sense if it was well thought out. But its nothing to fret over. The game is HIGHLY enjoyable to me. I recommend buying it. Mostly from the Reviews I can see mainly people were upset with the fact it was not actually under the Horror Category anymore. I don't want to seem in appropriate but, please just move up with the time. This is a modern age. Things change, I've learned to adapt to the Resident Evil change and not any doubt or anger for the change in the series. If you continue to want to stick to the classics just buy them so you can play them on your PS3 and/or XBOX 360. Its not that hard... I give this game a solid 10/10 Expand
  48. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the lowIt's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  49. Dec 3, 2012
    This series is just continuing down hill. Pathetic. Resident Evil 6 reinforces Capcom's tradition of taking a giant load on this series. I would have thought that the failure of Operation Raccoon City would have helped them to realize that.
  50. Feb 12, 2013
    Personally I thought the game was whack. This is just one of those games that doesn't need enemies with assault rifles. Playing the part of chris was lame and playing the park of jake was whack too. The only decent part was leon. But even then the story is nothing special
  51. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  52. Feb 13, 2013
    Where does one begin? Sadly, it seems the horror filled series we loved so long ago has finally crashed and burned. From monotonous gameplay, to over the top action not expected or really wanted in an RE game, a Capcom favorite has officially gone down the tube.
  53. Sep 6, 2013
    The worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your inThe worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your in video sequences). The fact anyone gave it a ten means the world of gaming has died, RIP world of gaming, its been fun. PS. i played the Ada campaign. couldn't bear to try the others... its so bad. Expand
  54. Oct 2, 2012
    i am still playing the game but so far i am liking it. All the bad reviews are comparing it to the old games I like the older ones but all people want is re-make after re-make on 1-3 but they cant do that they have to try new ideas
  55. Oct 3, 2012
    Call of Evil 6 ou Gears of Evil 6?Esse Resident Evil 6 é só mais um jogo de ação entre tantos que já foram lançados esse ano.R.I.P Resident Evil.Por causa dessa geração,e a ganancia da Capcom,que Resident Evil virou uma merda.
  56. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and othersRE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  57. Oct 2, 2012
    Aside from the disjointed gameplay that is interrupted by cinematics quicktime events and opening a door at the end of a hallway every 2-3 minutes this game looks terrible. The MT framework is a blurry aliased mess on the Playstation 3. This is my least favorite RE game. It does the horror or action genre no justice, and looks terrible while falling flat on it's ambitions. Maybe there isAside from the disjointed gameplay that is interrupted by cinematics quicktime events and opening a door at the end of a hallway every 2-3 minutes this game looks terrible. The MT framework is a blurry aliased mess on the Playstation 3. This is my least favorite RE game. It does the horror or action genre no justice, and looks terrible while falling flat on it's ambitions. Maybe there is really "No Hope Left" for the Resident Evil series. Expand
  58. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After this lawlessness I will never buy a Resident Evil game.
    I wouldn't say capcom tried to copy any of other game series, they tried to copy their own ideas just adding inappropriate explosions every 3 minutes.
    I didn't noticed any kind of sane plot. It begins with simulated big bangs and it's repeated until the very end.
    "We will give them explosions. They love explosions at every second"
    Characters communicate only in monosyllables and it's quite annoying. it seems that neither I nor the characters themselves do not understand what makes them tick. They just shoot and go somewhere not quite sure why they need to. Then they meet other characters and then shoot at everything that moves .... and then explosions... and then again ...
    You can describe the plotthis way. The bad characters infected the planet guided by ridiculous motives. It's the end of the world. The good characters are trying to stop it and succeed. The end.
    Clumsy game mechanics make the gameplay to get boring by the end of of one of the four companies.

With original RE capcom changed beyond recognition survival horror genre.
    With RE 4 capcom caused the revolution in 3rd person shooter.
    With RE 6 capcom evolutionized the "commercial blockbuster" genre (as I name it).
  59. Oct 23, 2012
    In my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheapIn my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheap some of the deaths in this game are. While all of the campaigns have their fair share of cheap deaths. I find that Jake and Ada's campaigns suffer from this the most, but I feel that all the things that were done right in their campaigns overshadows the cheap deaths. Content wise, I think Capcom did a good job of loading content into the game as far as the campaign is concerned, but I do think that they should 've added more Mercenaries maps. Now I know that there will very likely be more maps added to the game via DLC, but it bugs me that RE5 had 3 maps that came with the original game, while RE6 only has 3 maps that came with original game. I just wish Capcom could have been a little less cheap and just gave us a couple of more maps because the lack of content for Mercenaries mode is pretty astounding compared to RE5. Overall though, I think Resident Evil 6 is very good edition to the Resident Evil series. It may not be as good as 2 or 4, but I think it still deserves recognition.

P.S I cannot find anyone on PSN to play this game with, so if anyone here has the game on PS3 my account is Chaz81196. If you add me I'd be more than happy to play RE6 with you.
  60. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 - отличная игра! Она стоит своих денег! Да, это уже не та игра, чтоResident Evil 6 - отличная игра! Она стоит своих денег! Да, это уже не та игра, что была раньше. Просто она эволюционирует, развивается и не стоит на месте. И Это правильно! Expand
  61. Jan 20, 2013
    This is not Resident Evil. it has no horror, no puzzles and no atmosphere.
    You want a real RE game? then go dust off your old good PSOne/PS2 and get down with RE2 and RE3, or even better play REmake on Gamecube or Wii.
  62. Oct 3, 2012
    clearly a lot of people are not very happy with this game but i am a long time resident evil fan and i am enjoying the game so far. leon's campaign is great. the atmosphere, environments, and story so far all have me waiting to get off work so i can go home and play some more. mercenaries mode is fun also. the more action-oriented playing style really caters to those of us who loveclearly a lot of people are not very happy with this game but i am a long time resident evil fan and i am enjoying the game so far. leon's campaign is great. the atmosphere, environments, and story so far all have me waiting to get off work so i can go home and play some more. mercenaries mode is fun also. the more action-oriented playing style really caters to those of us who love mercenaries mode. Expand
  63. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  64. Oct 8, 2012
    Not as good as the Xbox 360 version, but still perfect. It could have been optimized better for the platform, but there's really only so much you can do with a PS3 in comparison to the Xbox 360. The 360 has better online, better graphics, a better controller, better processing, better sound, and a much better community. This game doesn't really deserve a 6, but unfortunately that isNot as good as the Xbox 360 version, but still perfect. It could have been optimized better for the platform, but there's really only so much you can do with a PS3 in comparison to the Xbox 360. The 360 has better online, better graphics, a better controller, better processing, better sound, and a much better community. This game doesn't really deserve a 6, but unfortunately that is what the developers are going to have to deal with. After all, they did make the conscious decision to develop for the PS3. It's only right that they face the repercussions. Expand
  65. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst in the series. I loved the horror filed 4th AND the action packed 5th, but number six is just battlefield against zombies with ALOT worse graphics. I constantly struggle with trying to locate my position while banging into walls and corner due to extremely poor lighting settings and with no improvement when trying to change the brightness. Save your bucks on this one, buyBy far the worst in the series. I loved the horror filed 4th AND the action packed 5th, but number six is just battlefield against zombies with ALOT worse graphics. I constantly struggle with trying to locate my position while banging into walls and corner due to extremely poor lighting settings and with no improvement when trying to change the brightness. Save your bucks on this one, buy something else...anything else. Expand
  66. Oct 2, 2012
    haters gonna hate i guess.. I've come to notice that every new game that have come out has umm alot of haters and its just confusing cause im sure i came from the same time period as most of this nostalgia infected people but im sorry i don't think a game should follow its same style for 700 years because you think the same game should just re-release with revamped graphics... **** annoyhaters gonna hate i guess.. I've come to notice that every new game that have come out has umm alot of haters and its just confusing cause im sure i came from the same time period as most of this nostalgia infected people but im sorry i don't think a game should follow its same style for 700 years because you think the same game should just re-release with revamped graphics... **** annoy me.. take your nostalgia and go play Mario....anyways the game was great i rented it for xbox this morning and i think the game is just fine its interesting i like leon's campaign the best... im just waiting on a pc release to actually get into it Expand
  67. Oct 2, 2012
    Welcome win! Ansha Abdul!
    Добро победит! Анша Абдуль!
  68. Oct 2, 2012
    I hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with thisI hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with this franchise forever. The games died when you released 4, The Movies died at afterlife... Wow... you REALLY dont know how to please fans. Please please PLEASE do NOT remake Resident Evil 2. You say you are if fans want it, but all you will do is make it that crap behind the back camera and make it non scary and all action. Goodbye Resident Evil. RIP.

Heres my full out review on my site: http://survivalhorrorlist.blogspot.com/2012/10/resident-evil-6-review.html
  69. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  70. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident evil was lost ... it's a shame such a good game, end this way ... not worth buying ... is the same as playing a mário in format shooter. Dead space is much more than the new RE games in the series. Expand
  71. Oct 4, 2012
    A game is not cinematical cutscenes less whe the gameplay is as terrible as it is.
    The only to blame is capcom and their need to overhurried one the most selling franchises but whe they care more about the money a less to get things right, and this is the result. Just don't felt for every children dumb comment who have the chance of playing it. Is as bad as to get most ppl angry with them.
  72. Oct 3, 2012
    This is very disappointing. I don't know why capcom tried to become more action oriented when games like call of duty and others to which capcom is trying to appeal to are being criticized by gamers as repetitive and boring. That's exactly what resident evil 6 is in spades. It wouldn't be much of a problem if the earlier games weren't successful because of their survival horror aspectThis is very disappointing. I don't know why capcom tried to become more action oriented when games like call of duty and others to which capcom is trying to appeal to are being criticized by gamers as repetitive and boring. That's exactly what resident evil 6 is in spades. It wouldn't be much of a problem if the earlier games weren't successful because of their survival horror aspect but that's exactly what made the series what it is. The gameplay is boring and ridiculous to the point that my incessant roundhouse kicks do more damage than my firearms (because roundhouse kicking 23 times in a row doesn't make anyone tired either right?). Now for this gem of a quote: "Now, we do always have our ear to the ground and listen to what the fans are saying and we try to take that into account when we Expand
  73. Oct 5, 2012
    I hate Resident Evil 6 it plays just like Dead Space 2 and Gears of War 3. Halo and Call of Duty and Gears ruin games forever and EA made video company more greedier it just blows my mind
  74. Oct 13, 2012
    Nice try capcom. See you in Resident of Duty 7...Call of Evil 7...Resident Evil 7...I GOT IT!
    Maybe Wikipedia help´s you guy´s out:
    Maybe Wikipedia help´s you guy´s out:

"Survival horror is a subgenre of action-adventure video games inspired by horror fiction. Although combat can be a part of the gameplay, the player is made to feel less powerful than in typical action games, because of limited ammunition, health, speed, or other limitations. The player is also challenged to find items that unlock the path to new areas, and solve puzzles at certain locations. Games make use of strong horror themes, and the player is often challenged to navigate dark maze-like environments, and react to unexpected attacks from enemies."
  75. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi

they got the feel rjust ight in resi 5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years
  76. Oct 25, 2012
    i will be honest after replaying resident evil 4 and 5 then giving a look at this game i cant help but feel its all going down hill what made the whole resident evil /bio hazard was mostly being alone checking your ammo now and again deciding if to keep that extra box of ammo or the herb and generally the fact you did not feel like a superhuman who can mow down zombies in a snap.
  77. Oct 9, 2012
    Series faithful might stumble through for the sake of story, and perhaps to appreciate those few moments that recall when Resident Evil was at its peak glory. But this long, poor sequel is the ultimate test of patience for even the most dedicated.
  78. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  79. Oct 7, 2012
    The most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title triedThe most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title tried to be innovative and appeal to shooter fans and games that is 100 times worse than the outbreak of raccoon city.
    The only good thing in this game is its main menu interface so Purple.
    Really all those 600 employees must tried to kill themselves just to get a good idea into the game and then Capcom decided to cramp all those ideas both good and bad in the final product the result is you got one hell of a **** quality game.
    Even Retribution still have some originality of the old games,Resident Evil 6 just only got the name and characters.
  80. Oct 22, 2012
    I got Resident Evil 6 cheap from a friend of mine so I barely lost anything on it, but after playing it all the way through, I want a refund on both my money and the 20+ hours of my life I wasted on this travesty.

At first in Leon's campaign, I was starting to like the game, things felt good and steady, I felt like maybe I was getting into a survival horror experience, but then all of the sudden it just turned to crap, the game just kept throwing hordes of action segments at me that I just wanted to sprint through, terrible heavy rain like segments, awful quick time events and terrible controls. When I finally finished Leon's campaign I was massively disappointed.

When I went into Chris's campaign.................ah I won't waste your time, the best part about Chris's campaign is when you finally stop playing it.

Though Jake's campaign wasn't as bad as Chris's but it's still full of annoying quick time events and crap like that.

Now after you complete those 3 campaigns, you unlock a 4th one, Ada Wong's campaign, which I was very much looking forward to playing due to it being the only one in the game that allowed solo play, but my excitement turned to disappointment as her campaign was just as bad as the rest with terrible controls, camera and annoying QTEs.

Resident Evil 6 is the worst game in the main series for me and even though I got it cheap, I'm still reselling it, I don't care how much I get for it, because this game is just so bad, I want it out of my life.
  81. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolute garbage: Here is a list of all the flaws i can think of on the top of my head.

1. Suppose a zombie is lying on the ground not moving, I take a knife and slash at it to check to see if it's dead. I walk past it and it stands up. Sometimes the enemy needs to go through an animation first before taking damage. I.e. they get temp invincibility. It was never an issue in re4 or re5 but it was in ORC and RE6. 2. Inventory system is horrible, flipping through my 10 different weapons looking for my shotgun. At least re5 you had maybe up to 4 weapons that are easy to take out. Not only that, cycle through grenades and first aid. You can have 0 grenades but it still shows up in inventory, forcing you to cycle more...
    3. Zombies with guns. Need I say more?
    4. Hand to hand combat makes the knife useless, makes the game silly, it's overpowered. 5. The camera is probably the worst thing, and capcom claims to address this but I highly doubt they will fix the main problem. The main problem is how the camera forces you to look in certain directions. Whether its to your objective, which was obvious to find because 1. It's linear, 2. You can hit L2 to show you where to go like in dead space. The camera will randomly act like an **** you can be aiming at an enemy but suddenly the camera will force you to look another direction and you miss. 6. Hitting L2 to display where to go is just dumb, that should have been the button to take out a knife/ stun rod. Maybe you could have had a map system, that would have worked!
    7. Coop = not horror because no isolation. It also means having to rely on the AI, and the AI may be better than re5, but that's like saying a retarded baby is smarter than a dead baby. 8. Moving and shooting justifies making the enemies faster and more chaotic, making the gameplay faster and more chaotic, making the game feel less like a resident evil game. 9. Most abilities are useless. Jumping of tables, big deal. Slamming open doors, useful in re4, but has no application in re6, rolling on the ground has 1 application (boss against debra in cart), melee attacks make knife useless.
    10. Boss fights are the same thing tenfold. You fight Ustanak about 5 times, Simmons 5 times, Chainsaw guy at least 6 times, and so forth. 11. Cutscenes that screw you over. Too many cutscenes. Half the damn game involves cutscenes, QTE, or running into awkwardly positioned camera.
    12. Oh boy QTE. The QTE are so horrible and overused it's like playing Ashuras Wrath or Dragons quest. Some of the QTE can take up to 5 minutes of your time. There is this one point where you hit L1 and R1 to climb a wire, which attached an elevator to the highest skyscraper in the world... you really have to try leon / jake chapter 5 to see how bad it is. When zombies grab you, I can toggle the stick until my hand bleeds and i still wont break free. Often times these QTE show up when you least expect it and you die. There are also many random gotcha deaths that no one would know about unless they played the chapter before. A good summary of the game is this: You walk forward, you trigger a cutscene, QTE, take out maybe 5 -10 zombies. Cutscene. QTE. More QTEs. Couple zombies. Dammit no keys. More cutscenes, running/walking, talking while walking, forced camera angle that screws up view, QTE....
    That is the entire game in a nutshell. The game gets a 4/10 simply because the game is playable for those who DO NOT play resident evil games.
  82. Feb 12, 2013
    Yes, this is just like Raccoon City all over again: stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, tedious. Except for the parts where it's like Call of Duty, which are equally stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, and tedious, but with more NPC soldiers milling about. Resident Evil 6 is thoroughly oblivious to so many of the things that make a good game these days
  83. Oct 6, 2012
    That's the worst game i ever played. The game makes no sense, and completely escape the terror plot. zombies with machine guns? I feel sorry for those who bought this game. Capcom, i expected more from you.
  84. Oct 10, 2012
    I love resident evil and been playing all there games for years but I'm so mad I reserved this game, waited all this time and paid $60 to be so disappointed. I'm seeing mixed reviews but majority bad and trust me any one that's says this is a good game isn't a gamer.
  85. Oct 13, 2012
    Developers Killed the game with aim while moving
    AND GRAPHIC ON PS3 IS AS ALWAYS DARK and looks like CRAP
    Its worste capcom work EVER i wery dissapointed!!!!!!!
  86. Oct 13, 2012
    RE6: The most disappointing video game I have ever played. It's not as if there are no redeeming qualities: the game is beautiful, the audio and soundtrack are nice, the improved melee, healing and aiming systems and the ability to move and shoot are very welcome additions, and the return of so many well-loved characters was quite a nice touch. However, the game is frustrating from theRE6: The most disappointing video game I have ever played. It's not as if there are no redeeming qualities: the game is beautiful, the audio and soundtrack are nice, the improved melee, healing and aiming systems and the ability to move and shoot are very welcome additions, and the return of so many well-loved characters was quite a nice touch. However, the game is frustrating from the outset. Around half an hour of inane interactive cutscenes take place before gameplay begins and even once it does, it is immediately quite tedious. Once you finally get to the action (which, since action is the entire basis of this game, should not take so long) the enemies are far too often set on a predetermined course which, in order to pass you can just memorize. Although the environments are huge and spacious, there is usually only one path you can take through them, from which you can't deviate or backtrack. Simply put, it plays like a sidescroller, which in an age of games which offer greater and greater scope for how your gameplay experience can differ at each play through, seems incredibly limited and shortsighted. It doesn't matter how much content there is; if it is all predictable and uninteresting, there is no replay value.

Furthermore, despite the fact that the Resident Evil series has always been known for having cringeworthy dialog and voice acting, there had been a marked improvement in both in the two most recent installments. RE6 on the other hand seems to have regressed considerably in this department. What saved previous games from becoming intolerable cheesefests (except, arguably, RE5) was the fact that the protagonists were relatable and interesting. Well; Leon, once an levelheaded smartass has become an idiotic idealist with no common sense; and Chris, once a somewhat naive everyman has become an idiotic meathead with no common sense. They feel like Expendables characters.

Finally, the buddy system, while greatly improved since RE5, removes a lot of challenge from the game. Every time I'm near death, if I can keep going long enough, my partner can come to my rescue and keep me going. In fact, I often used this trick to not bother healing myself when I was low on supplies. Some may site this as a good thing, but I guess everything is a question of opinion. However, it's hard to feel frightened or isolated when you always have a lifeline standing by your side. For me, this ruined any chance Resident Evil 6 had at making an impression on me: every time a hoarde of enemies was hurtling toward me and I wondered, "How the hell am I going to get out of this?" my partner answered my question with her infinite ammo and I felt like I'd been taken out of the experience.

In all ways except the most superficial, this game is a colossal failure. Considering what the series has done to innovate video gaming, that is a sad thing to have to say.
  87. Oct 15, 2012
    RE6 is lousy as Survival Horror, is disastrous as shooter. And as a game is not worth a penny. Future installments will not buy unless they have the quality of the first and return to Survival Horror.
  88. Nov 3, 2012
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10) Is the story any good? connected to the series? The game itself did a really bad result by pumping tons of action in the beggining. I couldn't stand that and started to press
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10)

Is the story any good? connected to the series?
    I couldn't stand that and started to press select in every other video. You lost me there

(0/10) I do not care if the game has lost its horror. If u copied the control from RE5 had the game had probably received more positive criticism. One may as well not grasp everything that happens on the screen while pulling the angle 360 degrees to the left or right. It feels like you tried to do too much and missed all the little details that make a game great. In Leon's campaign there are doors you will find a key to but there is no key hole. Since the characters are too close to the screen it gets very frustrating to play. However, The game has lost the its horror but its probably not the biggest reason why the game got so low rating. The controls are the worst in the decade for a company like Capcom who should focus on making games for console.
  89. Dec 6, 2012
    This is the first and probably only review I will ever post. I feel the urge to so so for RE6 because I am angry and cheated out of an installment I was looking forward to.
    Resident Evil has been one of the greatest franchises, some episodes are spectacular (re4, re1), some a little less original, but, on the whole, each game succeeds. I bought RE6 expecting the same, but all the good stuff has been discarded for nonsensical horror action that means NOTHING. Resident Evil games were all about contrast. You spend some time haunting the dark corridors, checking your map to access rooms and find hidden goodies and then you have a nice set piece against a boss or a horde of zombies. But when it's constant frenzy **** with bad camera work and few weapons, annoying partners and repetitive situations, it sucks. Gamers do not want to be babysitted, they want to figure **** out, they love being offered different possibilities to complete a level or destroy a boss. They want to choose, to think, not to suffer a stupid tunnel game that that feels you were not even a part the adventure. RE is no sandbox, but it had a great balance of action, horror and customization.
    The reviewers here are right. They are not haters. IF YOU LIKE RE, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This is a botched job. Too much time and money were put on QTE, cinematics and map diversity, not enough on gameplay, plot and exploration. You can't even visit the great-looking maps, you just speed through them not knowing what matters or not. No mysteries, no characters, no tension (constant tension = no tension, you GD morons), no fun and no satisfaction. They managed to make the game as bad as the films. There was ways to go but they closed the gap with just one episode.
    I am older now, I have kids, I don't have a lot of time to play, and I always look forward to a little RE quality time. But I won't finish this game, I stopped in the middle of Chris and retard's campaign (why so many new characters if they're all so bland and idiotic-looking? Who cares?). Why waste precious time when you can get other good games or watch good films. I'll sell this game and buy something better, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 or just a bunch of DVDs. I hope video games developers stop being obsessed with this type of gameplay and stick to what works.
    If it's not broken, don't fix it. If it works, don't change it. Improve it. Keep the game's identity.
  90. Jan 30, 2013
    This game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed thoseThis game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed those upgrades properly and when I understood I did everything right I was confused in why don't they work). There is no big enviroment to explore, find ammo and stuff, needless to say game has NO puzzles (well, it does, but only a **** 5-year old playing this piece of crap will justify their existence, they are that simple), it is riddled with ****ty prescripted sequences and QTE's (probably because RE4 had a little bit of those, but mind you - they were unexpected and paced in a way they scared the living **** out of you whenever they occured) which add nothing to the experience when they occur every cutscene and make you be constantly aware of them and absolutely unsurprised next time they pop up.
    Now excuse me, but I need my dose of Code Veronica's awesomness.
  91. Oct 10, 2012
    Say whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effectsSay whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effects are incredible and the atmosphere makes this one on par with games like Dead Space. There will never be a perfect game, nor one that pleases everybody, but we cannot deny the hard work that was put on RE6. Ok, I admit, there's too much QTE and this does compromises the pacing (a bit) but we need to see the whole picture here. In the end, this is a great game and, for me, the best RE yet. This game is good. Period. Expand
  92. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  93. Oct 11, 2012
    Quando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem genteQuando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem gente gostando. Contra fatos nao ha argumentos, e nao sao os criticos especializados que fazem o sucesso de um produto e sim o seu publico, este mesmo que gasta seu dinheiro comprando. Expand
  94. Nov 17, 2012
    Whilst I would not say this was an awful game, it is a very mediocre one.

The amount of quick time events beggars belief even on Leons campaign which is the most worthy of being called Resident Evil. The Chris campaign is honestly more like a 3rd person Call of Duty, the acheivement/trophy when you conplete this campaign even rubs this fact into your face. Theres even a jeep/car
    Whilst I would not say this was an awful game, it is a very mediocre one.

The Chris campaign is honestly more like a 3rd person Call of Duty, the acheivement/trophy when you conplete this campaign even rubs this fact into your face. Theres even a jeep/car chase,,

With regards to the enemies, they just seem to have thrown in the kitchen sink, giant snakes, spider things, giant flys, zombie sharks., one of the bosses even has a form like a Tyrannosaurus Rex...it all left me feeling a bit cold. Ever heard the prhase "Sometimes less is more"? Well it applies here.

I've played worse games but I've played a hell of a lot of better ones as well. That with the fact that this doesn't play like a Resident Evil game is enough for me to advise complete caution. I rented this and glad that I did. I would have felt cheated had I bought it though...
  95. Oct 7, 2012
    What happen to this series??? what was one of the best game series of all times has just become a shell of its former self. This doesn't feel like Resident Evil, feels more like Gears of Wars or, in Chris's story, like Call Of Duty. It doesn't have the same feeling of horror and despair like in the earlier games; Especially during Chris's story where you just feel overpowered. The worstWhat happen to this series??? what was one of the best game series of all times has just become a shell of its former self. This doesn't feel like Resident Evil, feels more like Gears of Wars or, in Chris's story, like Call Of Duty. It doesn't have the same feeling of horror and despair like in the earlier games; Especially during Chris's story where you just feel overpowered. The worst part I think its the repetitiveness especially during the "boss" fights were you will kill it only for it to come back with a different form, and its all the same with all the "bosses". I hope that Capcom listen to the complaints of the gamers and bring back the horror next time, or this will probably be the last nail in the Resident Evil franchise coffin. Expand
  96. Oct 12, 2012
    this game does not deserve such a low user score from what i played this game is a big improvement over number 5 such as leons campaign, it feels like a nice nostalgia trip as it constantly reminded me of 2 and 4. also jakes campaign is also really enjoyable sure it is not resident evil scary or action on par with uncharted but the set pieces were entertaining and story really good. on thethis game does not deserve such a low user score from what i played this game is a big improvement over number 5 such as leons campaign, it feels like a nice nostalgia trip as it constantly reminded me of 2 and 4. also jakes campaign is also really enjoyable sure it is not resident evil scary or action on par with uncharted but the set pieces were entertaining and story really good. on the downside though chris redfields campaign fails in several levels i thought both him and his partner were not entertaining as a duo and quite irritating not grinder and whatever his face bad but just not great, also if this was the most action heavy part why on earth did they still make ammo conservation vital there should have been a decent load of ammo available but because there was not it was overall very tedious as with jakes campaign there is not that much javo to defeat and his hand to hand is awesome i just felt this one was unnecessary overall this game is worth the money as there is a lot of content included there is also a lot of things i did not point out but they are probably already mentioned. Expand
  97. Oct 11, 2012
    I almost didn't buy this game based off the user reviews, but how stupid would that have been, being such a fan? I'm glad I did buy it. It's a good experience, and though it has its problems, it's better than 5, and still more of a horror than 5 was. Sure it's over the top, and sure it's very action-oriented, but didn't everybody see this coming?
  98. Oct 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i liked the game i think its much better than re5 love the controls and layout and also free on disc dlc cnt wait for that this game got hates because they dont like change **** the reviews and play the game yourself. cant wait for the new installment hopefully i will see Albert Wesker. overall love the game and love the agent hunt mode Expand
  99. Oct 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident evil 6 was not what I was hoping for I have been playing this series since it started and I loved resident evil 4 but missed the fear in the older game that I have not since in years. when I played the DS game I saw some of the scary elements I missed and was hopeful capcom was back on track sadly this is not the case. This a is VERY long game and visually is great as is the story but that is as good as it gets.Game play is tricky and the camera is questionable at best the tag line for this game is NO HOPE LEFT and for this series that maybe true Expand
  100. Nov 12, 2012
    Wow I'm really surprised that this game has gotten so many bad reviews. Having played most of the RE franchise myself (not just 4-5) I can see how understand the disappointment this game is for you. But it doesn't mean that it deserves a 0. It has flaws: no puzzles, yes RE is known for its puzzles and that gives it a slower and terrifying pace, go here retrieve emblem, open door, find key.Wow I'm really surprised that this game has gotten so many bad reviews. Having played most of the RE franchise myself (not just 4-5) I can see how understand the disappointment this game is for you. But it doesn't mean that it deserves a 0. It has flaws: no puzzles, yes RE is known for its puzzles and that gives it a slower and terrifying pace, go here retrieve emblem, open door, find key. Puzzles were pretty much how you interacted with the stage and it made the maps feel bigger because of the backtracking. However this new game is straightforward with little or no puzzles. Now sometime that I really enjoyed in RE 4 was weapon customization and it was trashed on RE 6 for a skill set. I don't enjoy this because instead of improving your weapons and choosing from a machine gun with a lot of power but little ammo, or a lot of ammo and piercing... you can buy the skills and equip them (up to three at a time and make combinations up to six that can be changed at any time) While you could argue that all of the elements of customization are there, it just isn't the same as upgrading your favorite weapon. This brings me to the interface... I thought that RE 5 did a good job in which you could assign weapon to a d-pad location and quickly change from one to the other... However having to scroll through all weapons was horrible! Sometimes, in a panic I ended up using magnum bullets simply because I thought I had scrolled enough to my handgun... That is not acceptable! However the game isn't all bad. I enjoyed the storyline. While it wasn't the mindblowing storyline of past franchise, its pretty interesting. I really liked that each scenario connects with the others and you can see the full story play out as they all interact come together. I would have enjoyed perhaps a more detailed account on jake, him being Wesker's son and all. Perhaps a full game featuring Jake would have been better, but sadly that wasn't the case. Bosses were well detailed and sufficiently hard. Sometimes it was annoying that it wasn't really clear whether they were taking damage or not and I felt that I was doing nothing half the time, until they collapsed and died... and then it was like Oh... there dead.... Zombies were interesting, I don't see why people are bashing on the J'avo I thought it was pretty cool how they transformed were they received trauma. And I thought that the zombie that called out to other zombies in the Leon scenario was pretty neat too. Overall tons of new zombies tons of strategies to kill them.

Now onto the greatest thing about the game. People you have been asking it for a long time! Run and shoot. The game allows you to shoot and reloead while moving. Heck you can even jump back and keep shooting. You can roll and slide. You can tackle enemies! Instead of pressing the square button like in RE5 you have a combat bar and you can hit the zombies with your fist and legs and perform special attacks with R1. Overall, yes it was flawed. Several key elements didn't come together as we hoped. Perhaps the three scenario took away from the game. Instead they should have done a single complete campaign featuring a slower pace and plenty of puzzle. The elimination of the weapon upgrade is unforgivable and the weapon interface horrible. However give credit were credit is due, the game is still enjoyable and while it can't cater to everyone it's an average game. Give it a chance and play it through before opting not to buy simply because of bad reviews.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.