5.3

1. Mar 23, 2013
    A fun action game with a load of content. One of the best couch coop games I've played in a while. While the story is a bit goofy and the quick-time events can be really cheap at times, I would recommend it to any fans of the later Resi games.
  2. Mar 13, 2013
    I really give it an 8.5. While it's no RE4, or Dead Aim, this is still a damn fine game. Leon's Campaign is classic RE for fanboys, Jake's is fresh, Ada's is EXCELLENT, and Chris' is a revamped RE5, which was a damn good game as well. The move and shoot definately does this game justice. For the ones down on this game: making the same game over and over and over (Final Fantasy) getsI really give it an 8.5. While it's no RE4, or Dead Aim, this is still a damn fine game. Leon's Campaign is classic RE for fanboys, Jake's is fresh, Ada's is EXCELLENT, and Chris' is a revamped RE5, which was a damn good game as well. The move and shoot definately does this game justice. For the ones down on this game: making the same game over and over and over (Final Fantasy) gets stale QUICKLY. If you're not ok with change, gaming is NOT for you. Expand
  3. Apr 10, 2013
    I would have given this a 9 or 10 if not for those annoying QTEs (quick time events) that leads to your unexpected deaths. But still, this is a must game for every RE fan out there like me who started playing this game since the '90s.
  4. Apr 8, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 was not an awful game but it was not great either. Leon and Ada's campaign was the only interesting campaign. Chris and Jake's gets boring by the minute. There wasn't so much head up display which was good. Multiplayer was completely a waste of time money and it really brings this game down. The multiplayer game is not long enough and once your shot its hopeless. NotResident Evil 6 was not an awful game but it was not great either. Leon and Ada's campaign was the only interesting campaign. Chris and Jake's gets boring by the minute. There wasn't so much head up display which was good. Multiplayer was completely a waste of time money and it really brings this game down. The multiplayer game is not long enough and once your shot its hopeless. Not disspointed with game but im not that happy either Expand
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    very good game the best in its history, certainly better than 5 parts. 5 in comparison with the part of the nous dire moments. did the normal control, there are movements that are not even in shooters such as tackle. Each campaign is special. Zombies were unusual. Best game!!!
  6. May 15, 2013
    I grew up playing Resident Evil games, but actually started out with a demo of Resident Evil 2 from a magazine on the original PSX when I was way too young for these type of games (still the best of the series from my point of view).
    After reading the reviews for this game and playing the demo, I really believed it to be a bad game and to be avoided which for me was quite a let down since I've seen some other memorable game series from my youth decay like putrid Zombies (I'm pointing at you Final Fantasy). Resident Evil 5 was fine but it did leave a bad after taste, it tried too hard to be a fusion of Resident Evil 4 and modern action games (that sell so well, lets remind ourselves companies are in it for the money) and failed at it. So if that seemed to be the general direction of the series I really did not want to keep playing it, or so I thought.
    In comes Resident Evil 6. I gotta say, the initial impression was indeed horrible given the high standards we all have for blockbuster video games. Way too many QTEs and cut scenes (everyone seems to want to imitate Michael Bay movies now, explosions everywhere at the beginning), the controls seem weird (completely different from past Resident Evils) the environments kind of break the atmosphere when you try to interact with them (like chairs that seem glued to the ground, or boxes made of concrete in every corner, corpses that are invulnerable until they decide to come to life just as you pass by them, etc...), technical issues, etc... The horror was kinda gone as well (apart from some scares at very specific moments) and as been ever since the previous game (having a partner in game really breaks the tense atmosphere that comes with isolation). But even taking all of this into account, I found myself playing for hours on end and not even noticing the time passing, and that doesn't happen for me unless it's a really good game (the last recent one with such an effect was probably Red Dead Redemption). There is something about this game which makes it unlike any other Resident Evil but still relatable given the characters and some pretty good voice acting (together with some cheesiness which reminds me of the great and memorable B movie like dialogs of the original Resident Evil). Sure the story as become incredibly ridiculous (ever since 4 it's been kind of a mess), and it does not really feel like your playing a Resident Evil game, but it does play great and it's a very enjoyable ride. If you let yourself immerse in the game for what it is you'll find a deep melee system, a highly maneuverable character that can dodge attacks and counter, customizable skills, and a lot of fun as a co-op game. Sure the multiplayer is quite broken, and the game does have it's limitations, but it's such a fun lengthy game when you get down into it. You should just ignore most reviews that whine about it not being Resident Evil like and enjoy it for what it is, a great action movie like game with Zombies in it.
    To me, as it goes with games with Resident Evil on the name, it's miles better than Resident Evil 5 and on par with Resident Evil 3 on my scale (with the top 3 being Resident Evil 2, 1 and 4).
  7. Mar 31, 2014
    You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6.You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6. There is absolutely no scares, but ofcourse even the fanboys know this. This game is beyond scripted, think youll get caught by the giant monster(forgot his name) that chases you? Hahahahahaha, hahahahah, LOL, ROFL, it will never happen. It is just a tease, a tease that happens quite a lot. Lame plot, incredibly lame main villain. More QTE's than enemies. Leon is now a little bitc**, nothing like the awesome-O he was in RE4. Mercenaries is ****** easy now. I tried to like it, but this game sucks really really bad. Oh yeah and the enemy AI? There is none! Expand
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    You would think Capcom would've learn from Asura's Wrath, that over excessive QTE's doesn't make the game fun, well -- I guess they didn't, because Capcom doing it again! This is a game that greatly suffers from a identity crisis. It's a complete mash-up, which TBH, it doesn't need to be. It honestly doesn't know what it wants to be, and some of the main stream reviewers got it right aboutYou would think Capcom would've learn from Asura's Wrath, that over excessive QTE's doesn't make the game fun, well -- I guess they didn't, because Capcom doing it again! This is a game that greatly suffers from a identity crisis. It's a complete mash-up, which TBH, it doesn't need to be. It honestly doesn't know what it wants to be, and some of the main stream reviewers got it right about that. I would even go as far as to say that RE5 gold is 10x better than this. I just don't understand how you can make things worst with this genre. I will say that fans 9-10 took part in this as well. Complaints on top of complaints, of people wanting old school RE back, and the other side saying move forward from the past, it's just -- You can't please everyone, and I hope Capcom has learn their lesson here. This isn't a 0 though. Most people at this point, are just playing with the masses at this point, and I personally have no problem with Capcom going full action survival horror, if it's done right! And if RE5 was polish a bit more, I would 100% say go for it, but after RE6, I honestly don't know anymore... The movies aren't working anymore, and now the games. Maybe it's time Capcom that you WRAP IT UP with the series, because the story is getting dull now. Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    resident evil 6 is the best game I ever played
    great graphics
    optimal gameplay
    Very good campaign
    capcom nice job
    this game is what I was looking for
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goesI don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goes nowhere (having 4 tasteless campaigns), has poor pacing, broken mechanics and an idiotic argument (even for this franchise). In short, it's a simple mess which feels more like a long chore than a game.
    To fanboys: RE will not die if this installment sinks, but it will if you try to keep it alive.
  11. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe: - Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse. Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  12. Oct 7, 2012
    This game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to theThis game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to the orginal, you wouldn't want a Mario FPS would you? this game gets a 0 for being that, a ZERO in today's crowded FPS and TPS online games...At least Operation raccoon city had real zombies Expand
  13. Oct 6, 2012
    Nice one Capcom you **** **** pieces of **** Garbage game and I don't care how long you worked on it I don't feel sorry for you. You ruined the series and spiraled it into abysmal genericism. ****
  14. Oct 17, 2012
    Tuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto aTuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto a tu personaje que hace imposible ver lo que tenemos a nuestro alrededor. Físicas Inexistentes, puedes deslizarte sobre una mesa o escritorio lleno de cajas, libros, latas, comida, etc, Y estas ni se mueven, ni se inmutan, tu personaje solo las traspasa, Otro aspecto totalmente negativo es el combate cuerpo a cuerpo, que esta totalmente desbalanceado puedes matar a cuanto zombies y enemigos quieras de esta manera. Municiones por doquier, en todas partes consigues Balas y si a eso le sumas que la mayor parte del juego vas a lo TEKKEN haciendo agarres y lanzando Patadas pues las Balas te Sobran. DONDE ESTAN LOS PUZZLESSS???? Dios mio!!! DONDE ESTA EL SURVIVOR HORROR??? Destrozaron una Excelente Saga!!! Esto no es un Resident Evil, es un Call of Duty en tercera persona!!!! En cuanto a los Gráficos, ATROZ, ESPANTOSO!!! Totalmente comparable con el RE4 y no con el RE5 no se que hizo CAPCOM con su excelente motor gráfico usado en RE5, aquí tenemos TEXTURAS CUTRES, UN BORDE PIXELADO QUE RODEA A NUESTRO PERSONAJE EN LAS CINEMÁTICAS, ILUMINACIÓN EXAGERADA. En fin un Desastre. Lo único bueno de este Expand
  15. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should haveHorrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should have avoided it after watching the Clueless Gamer by Conan. I guess I like wasting money. I have no way of proving this but I think this game gave me cancer. Expand
  16. Oct 7, 2012
    Capcom raise the bar of mediocrity in every way ! The only thing we can call survival horror in this game is the fact to buy it ! How disapointing for the Resident evil fan that i was ! The fourth installment of the serie was spectacular, innovative, probably one of the best video game i ever played. I understand that a concept need a refresh from time to time but not this way !
  17. Oct 15, 2012
    It's a MODERN Resident Evil, are you listening, OLD fans? Do you wanna classic gameplay - playing on PSOne (or buying in PSN)! I'm not regret - all i wanted, i got it!
  18. Jan 6, 2013
    Where is the horror genre had always RE in graphics I prefer Resident Evil 5 and the story is almost the same thing about a new virus that ultimately cure as ever. Lost the horror genre and gain more action, but for fans of resident evil 1,2 and 3 this game sucks
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh my, where to begin with the newest installment in the Resident Evil series. Let me just say that this game makes me nervous for the future of Resident Evil games. The developers have strayed so far from the games roots, it's almost as if Resident Evil is trying to be something it's not now.

I personally do not enjoy war type shooter games, and aside from Leon's campaign, that's pretty much what this game is, an all action shooter that looks like it was made by Michael Bay. It's just TOO over the top. Resident Evil is no longer the game I knew and loved. However, the developers straying too far from what the series is meant to is far from the only problem with them game.

Let's just start with some of the game glitches now. One of the most notable is in Leon's campaign where he's in the subway and has to avoid an oncoming train. Even if you're not even close to the train, a lot of the times you'll die anyway. One time I was playing and the train had already passed me completely and a few seconds later a cutscene showed of me getting hit by the train. And it sometimes happens over, and over, and over again. Very frustrating to say the least.

Then there's the customization in this game. I thought Resident Evil 4 and 5 handled this perfectly. Why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken is beyond me but they just ruined it in this one. You're allowed 3, yes, only 3 customization skills for your character, even though there's a ton to choose from. Sure you can make multiple sets for your skills but having to constantly swap them out gets very annoying after a while.

Then there's the gameplay itself. What was Capcom thinking while making this game!? This game is FILLED with way too many quick time events. Now if you're a fan of quick time events, this might not bother you as much but for me, it drove me nuts. And I'm not just talking about the QTE's when an enemy grabs you. You have to do a QTE to do almost everything in this game. I honestly don't mind a few here and there in a game but in this game you were doing one every few minutes or so. I mean really, is it necessary to have to do a QTE to open doors sometimes? Then the gameplay is always being interrupted by tiny little cutscenes every so often and really takes away from the mood of the game. This is especially most notable in Leon's first chapter.

After the first play through of this game I was severely bored of it. And I usually enjoy playing through the Resident Evil games multiple times because they're usually so fun! Perhaps it's because there's really nothing special to unlock in this Resident Evil unlike the older ones where you could unlock special weapons and costumes, so there's little to no motivation to play through the game a second time. That's right, even the signature infinite rocket launcher is absent from this game, for the first time in any main Resident Evil game. And there's no alternate costumes either.

The gameplay in my opinion, was just too dull, and yes too over the top at the same time.

Now the game isn't complete trash, but it's very far from amazing too. It's better than Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City at least. I do however regret paying the full $60 for this game when it was first released. I wouldn't pay any more than $40 for this.

It's a real shame too. When I had learned that zombies were making a return in this game, I thought for sure this would be the ultimate modern day Resident Evil game but unfortunately not even the zombies return could help this game too much.

Overall, I give it a 4/10. It's just not what I would expect from one of my favorite video game series, and an AAA series at that. Better luck next time Capcom. You guys have some serious planning to do if you don't want to run this series into the ground. Take my advice Capcom, stop trying to cater to the people who feel every game should be an over the top michael bay war shooter game.
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    This is not a great game, but it is definitely not as bad as people say it is. The game has flaws, but is certainly enjoyable. Leon's campaign is quite frightening at times, Chris' levels are full of adrenaline pumping action, and Jake's levels are not too bad, though probably the worst part of the game.
  21. Nov 5, 2012
    I see the trolls are out in full force like usual. Is this game the same as it was ten years ago? No, I guess not- too bad nobody actually reviews the actual game they're playing these days.

The game is tough, is full of zombies, is not nearly as nice with herbs or ammo as 4 and 5 were, and zombies take multiple headshots to kill even on lower difficulties. Play on a higher difficulty and with the screen brightness where the game suggests- and you'll spend a lot of the game creeping forward praying you don't get mauled, or even running away from swarms when your ammo runs low. The game is considerably more survival oriented than 4 and 5 were as a result.

As many have said, it mixes action, survival horror and shooter- so for those hoping the game would just be one thing they'll be disappointed to find this isn't RE2 or Silent Hill. You also have to be much more careful than in RE4 and 5, while also not getting the luxury of time those games offered to search for treasure in all areas.

With three moderately sized adventures, you end up with a longer game as well. Of course, if you're a die hard hater of action games this probably won't be your Resident Evil. I wouldn't say this is the best in the series, but it definitely is far better than most of the people giving it 0s on the day it came out before they even tried it are saying.
  22. Oct 7, 2012
    The camera is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Capcom obviously needs to hire different play testers. Oh my good god what a bad camera. It is WAY to close. It needs zoomed out 300% and raised from shoulder height to above head level.
    Besides that, the graphics are **** 720p blurry textures averaging 24 fps on PS3, and that's better then xbox. Where is my PC version with superior graphics? Non existent without a release date.
    The game has no horror feeling to it at all. It is not even scary. So, that means it is a linear action game. Well, if that's its genre, then it royally sucks.
    Oh and quick time events..... Just plain stupid.
    I want me $60 back.
    The game blows goat balls.
    Camera problems and quick time events straight up ruin the experience.
  23. Oct 4, 2012
    A solid 6... and that just for leon campaign
    The rest is pure garbage

If capcom did a big campaign based on leon campaign then resident evil 6 could have been much more
  24. Mar 13, 2013
    I have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisntI have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisnt my own instinct after the really bad rap and negative reviews and decided to get it when it got cheaper and my god do I regret not playing it sooner. It's a whole package of horror and action and cinematic experience, bit rough around the edges since it tried to be a lot of things at once but still an amazing experience.

The internet can be a unfair place sometimes (no sherlock), and this is another example where the internet just came down on it way too hard. Playing through the game it makes me wonder if I played the same game as all these haters! RE6 has 4 separate campaigns, each of them play and feel very diferent from the previous, and they're really long too, averaging 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. After finishing Leon's campain it felt that was that, the game was over cos it really felt very wholesome, playing through Chris amazed me even further with the really interesting character and more action packed levels. Jake and Ada campaings are equally as awesome and interesting. Cutscenes are a bit over the top and QTE very annoying but that's been the mark on RE since RE4.

One thing I miss from the previous resident evil games (4rd and before) is the RPG elements, I really miss updating my weapons, managing my inventory, sloting the weapons carefully so I can fit one more herb in there, selling my gems to finally update my glock to perfect aim, etc. There's none of that in here and it really is a big shame, it's a lot more streamlined experience and i firmly believe if it had that, it would have been the almost perfect game for me.

All in all, a really fantastic game, if you're a fan of the series, ignore the hate and just have fun for crying out loud, people nowadays are way too spoiled and cannot appreciate anything.
  25. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever hasI seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever has enough ammo to actually take out all the enemies in the game (unless you are a good shot). Most of the game was spent travelling from one cutscene to the other, while some of them were interesting to watch they gave the player only the option of pushing buttons at the right time which gets tedious very quickly. The areas are confusing to navigate through and feature many places that look identical and you quickly become bored of the lackluster scenery (everything pretty much looks like black sludge has been placed all over the walls and floors). The zombies are fun in small doses and quickly become tedious as group after group become an exercise of trying to find ammo to kill them all; often I found myself just running through most of the game without the ammo to fight back. The bosses haven't changed from any of the previous games and the same process of shoot for the head (or the orange parts) comes back into the game. Basically, it is run, shoot, find switch or key, cutscene, cutscene, boss. One particular interactive part is worth mentioning; you have to climb a rope using L1 and R1, for at least an hour I was stuck trying to press L1 and then R2 in correct sequence, only to fall back down the rope and have to start all over again. Was this worth my time? Certainly not, and is certainly isn't worth my money to experience this. Time for a change Capcom! Expand
  26. Oct 10, 2012
    Just gonna give you the Cliff notes on what I think about it:

DOES NOT DESERVE A 0.8!!! Yes, I did enjoy Resident Evil 5, and if you liked that game, you'll like this one more. Each campaign is about 75% of what Resident Evil 5 was...and there's 3 of them. Mercenaries you don't have to pay for. Agent Hunt Mode I haven't tried out, but just some more cushion for the pushin' once I
    Just gonna give you the Cliff notes on what I think about it:

DOES NOT DESERVE A 0.8!!!
    Each campaign is about 75% of what Resident Evil 5 was...and there's 3 of them.
    Mercenaries you don't have to pay for.
    Agent Hunt Mode I haven't tried out, but just some more cushion for the pushin' once I get through a campaign.
    I say it's worth it, but hopefully Capcom can improve for Resident Evil 7 by giving more chills and easing up on the thrills.

That's all I've got to say, cause I've gotta study for my mid-term now.
  27. Nov 17, 2012
    What a horrible game I bought it used but had to give it back and fortunately got my money back. What makes it bad? the poor design, the story itself is just boring, Konami should seriously bringing back the old days where you had puzzles and the game was really a survival horror not somewhere where you basically have infinite bullets just lots of action and 0 plot. Pathetic.
  28. ERB
    Feb 19, 2014
    This game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly aboveThis game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly above average but It is in my judgement that the game play is stupid. The story in this game is brilliant. It is interesting that you have 7 characters in this game that you can play each. You can also play as Ada Wong! She is like one of the hottest video game female characters ever made. What is good about the story is that they have a different story and different ending but there story is all connected. Which is why it is good! The graphics are above average and the zombies in Resident Evil 6 looks awesome especially The boss battles and I have to admit that the boss battles are well done and very exciting. The only problem in this game is the boring and repetitive action but still there are tons of content in this game. Now It has come to It's final verdict and this game is an 8/10 game. This game is a great game. A must buy for fans for this franchise and anyone new to this game should also be able to enjoy this game. You must buy this game and play it. Don't be scared It is fun. Expand
  29. May 11, 2013
    The poor average user score is due to the fact that this isn't the Resident Evil the old-school fans know and love anymore. It is an action game that retains a survival component...but the horror aspect is all but gone. The game is a solid 7/10. It has flaws in the dialogue and story. But at the end of the day. I still feel the RE franchise has made a positive step story-wise and thatThe poor average user score is due to the fact that this isn't the Resident Evil the old-school fans know and love anymore. It is an action game that retains a survival component...but the horror aspect is all but gone. The game is a solid 7/10. It has flaws in the dialogue and story. But at the end of the day. I still feel the RE franchise has made a positive step story-wise and that there has been a positive improvement in the control scheme from 4 and 5. For $20 (or less) CDN/US this game was worth every penny. I would probably be a bit more bitter if I had of spent 50-69$ on this game...but I paid a 1/3 of the price of regular newly released full title blockbuster games. I haven't bought all the dlc. Just the extra mercenaries maps for the $5 bundle. I wasn't overly impressed at first....but if you enjoy the mercenaries 'enough' they can be worth the purchase. If you weren't a hardcore mercenaries fan to begin with, don't bother. I might say pickup rooftop, since it is a small and fun map. I'm still waiting hopefully for story based dlc like lost in nightmare and desparate escape. If you haven't played it already. You can pick up the gold edition of re5 for pretty much the same price or maybe cheaper. re5 gold edition was a solid 9/10. Expand
  30. Oct 15, 2012
    I would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 onI would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 on most of the campaigns you will find you have to make the choice between ammo or herbs. Well normally that's something you may have to do in a resident evil, however you cannot simply throw away some items, store some items, etc. You have to carry around all weapons in a given campaign and usually that means you have to simply throw away an entire guns set of ammo just to carry an herb. That's unacceptable. Also items you currently own 0 of will still show up in the inventory, congesting your ability to quickly select anything. On top of all this the game simply falls flat. It has explosions, unrealistically dressed women who somehow manage to kill zombies while running around for hours in g-string panties. The AI is worse than a PSOne game's AI. No attempt was made here to satisfy Resident Evil fans. They simply want that Call of Duty retard gamer dollar and I imagine they hit their mark. For those of us that wanted to play a carefully crafted, detailed, immersive game Resident Evil is no longer an option. Thanks, Capcom! Expand
  31. Nov 18, 2012
    Made by zombies for zombies

p.s. if you have a brains you will not play it
  32. Feb 19, 2013
    I used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, II used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, I was glad that I was able to return it for its full price when I did, unfortunately I can't return my wasted time playing it Expand
  33. May 17, 2013
    O pior jogo da série ,perdeu o gênero de survival horror ficou muito ruim a camera e os personagens como Leon que parece com Dante do Devil May Cry .Tá na hora da Capcom fazer um Reboot do jogo, Deixa-lo bem do estilo survival Horror.
  34. Aug 7, 2014
    HELLOY HELLOY THIS IS ADEPT.
    This game worst ever, best game for maslyat. Dont play it. Sonyblyadi huynu nakoldovali.
    CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY
  35. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand why this game earned so much hate. I just checked out the xbox version, at 0.6, I didn't think it could get much worse. Its a okay game guys! Really cool graphics, zombie shooting, and yes, co-op. Making the same game over and over again is not the way to continue a franchise, and I thought Final Fantasy Purists were bad...
    If nothing else, then take this from my
    If nothing else, then take this from my review, ignore the user score. Just go to wikipedia, and scroll down.
  36. Oct 31, 2012
    Stupidest game ever Capcom mad orac and now re6. Both complete fails! I liked re4 but it got worse from there, now u can't even buy new guns!!!! I hope they dont make another one cause I'm not getting it. Total wast of my money and weekend. There now just rushing more re out to get money and they are getting worse! Take my advice, don't even rent!!!!!!!!!
  37. Oct 2, 2012
    I am upset and very bothered with capcom with this huge iconic franchise that they just decided to simple shovel **** into this game to produce more money. Resident Evil 6 has no pause menu(no exaggeration), is way too convenient(Bus gets hit by truck falls into graveyard setting), sub bosses chase only after you and no one else and way to many quick time action sequences. I love ResidentI am upset and very bothered with capcom with this huge iconic franchise that they just decided to simple shovel **** into this game to produce more money. Resident Evil 6 has no pause menu(no exaggeration), is way too convenient(Bus gets hit by truck falls into graveyard setting), sub bosses chase only after you and no one else and way to many quick time action sequences. I love Resident Evil 4 and liked Resident Evil 5 but for Resident Evil 6 : [ ... It is quite obvious that this game was not even tested for these obvious mistakes. Although I'm aware that im hitting this game hard with my criticism, the game has some ok run and gun elements and horror settings. The enemies are creepy looking and are very vicious. However, overall this game does not follow up with the hype that I have been waiting for ever since it was reviled. Expand
  38. Sep 14, 2013
    Awesome game. i just do not get all those negative 1 point ratings. the game is awrsome. hours of gameplay. i am at 20 hrs now and i still have a lot to go. co-op is spectacular. graphics, story line are great. this is still survival horror game.....just do nor play it in easy mode. capcon put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. great title.
  39. Aug 23, 2013
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    It's less obscure, more modern, maybe less scary but well... it's like many AAA games where visual effects and gameplay are become key elements. Still, the storyline is really good and the Resident Evil franchise evolves in a cool direction. You can't contain such universe in isolated cities forgot by the rest of the world forever and need to look at the next step. The survival is less about small dark rooms but about massive plague contagion. I liked it!
  40. Jun 21, 2013
    Ever since 4, (which while I do agree it's a good game, I think it's far from perfect) every other RE game has gotten a ton of backlash for not being 4. It's ridiculous. 5 was a great game (my personal favorite) and yeah 6 has flaws but it's not horrible by any means. I had fun with it, especially playing it with my friends via splitscreen or even online sometimes. Mercenaries mode is aEver since 4, (which while I do agree it's a good game, I think it's far from perfect) every other RE game has gotten a ton of backlash for not being 4. It's ridiculous. 5 was a great game (my personal favorite) and yeah 6 has flaws but it's not horrible by any means. I had fun with it, especially playing it with my friends via splitscreen or even online sometimes. Mercenaries mode is a blast, maybe even better than 4 and 5's. The story has some issues. Graphics are good as usual. The gameplay in some ways is good and then in others is bad. Honestly if you like resident evil just give it a try and go in expecting it not to "mind blowing" like 4 or 5 because, yeah it is the weaker of the three for sure. Expand
  41. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. este es un buen juego, pero le falta algo mas que creo que en versiones anteriores estaba presente hablo de matar y destrozar zombies a diestra y siniestra en este juego no es tan fácil hablando de juegos tipo shooters creo que se quedo corto y el modo de juego comparándolo con el resident evil 5 a mi parecer era mejor que esta ultima versión actual que con su modo de ver el personaje moverse no están buena si tiene tecnología en juego buenos gráficos y la historia que muestra es buena claro despues de tantos años jugando resident evil la historia me gusta pero el modo de juego creo que lo cambiaron no se si por los desarrodadores del juego como tal en motor de movimento pero creo que se desviaron del camino con el publico que tenian que suplir principàl mente nosotros los viejos jugadores de resident evil... claro resalto y destaco la historia es bien como plantearon la historia pero no me gusto el modo de movimiento del personaje aunque tampoco que cuando juegas sientes que vas bien hasta que sales del juego y tienes que empezar de nuevo el capitulo es frustrante ya que si lo juegas en el modo mas difícil te cuesta por que tienes que combatir contra zombies entre golpes tiros y demás tácticas que uses para avanzar en el juego aparte los gráficos creo que pudieron ser mejor y también pudieron hacer un mapa abierto tipo gta eso le abría dado una tremenda innovación al juego Expand
  42. Aug 9, 2013
    Resident evil 6 is a great game. And who ever gives it a zero or hate on it, its cause they hate change.... i mean you coldnt see this coming after 5? I mean in my opinion this was a trillion times better than 5. resi 5 was a action game that gave you no ammo, and you cant even move while aiming your gun. but resi 6 gives everything people are asking for, and then people are gonna get mad.Resident evil 6 is a great game. And who ever gives it a zero or hate on it, its cause they hate change.... i mean you coldnt see this coming after 5? I mean in my opinion this was a trillion times better than 5. resi 5 was a action game that gave you no ammo, and you cant even move while aiming your gun. but resi 6 gives everything people are asking for, and then people are gonna get mad. you cant have it both ways Expand
  43. Oct 2, 2013
    Alright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you playAlright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you play through 4 different campaigns (no that isnt a spoiler seeing as capcom desided to show Ada's campaign before the game was released) but yes Leon,Chris,Jake and Ada. all different and all crossover witch i thought was pretty cool. Leon's campaign feels more like a blend of resi 2,4 and 5 and that's a good thing seeing as its the best campaign.Then Chris...now his campaign actually shocked me..it was not terrible..it was actually pretty well done,even the story witch was abit weird seeing as it cut from the past to the present but you understand whats going on so it isnt confusing.Then there is Jake....people seem to hate on this one the most because you can use hand to hand combat more and because of this..people on it "how are you ment to use hand to hand combat on guys with guns"...ok seriously? first of all in Jake's campaign you seem to forget he has a bunch of gun's and weapons to use you dont have to use have to hand but there is a point in his campaign were you will have no choice..now its only a short bit but there i agree, it does get alittle frustrating but once you get used to it its actually not that bad.Finally Ada's campaign...its pretty much alot like resident evil 4 you have simple puzzles,creepy setting and awkward gameplay because resident evil 6's gameplay can be very awkward at times but capcom have sorted that (kinda) with the camera witch was pretty bad and annoying but not anymore it can still be pretty f*cking annoying but better then it was. So resident evil 6...better then 5 but one up from the worst in the series isnt good.Bring back more of the horror,more of the puzzles and you will see a change in everyone's scores capcom.However review the game as a game dont compare it to what resident evil was. Expand
  44. Aug 21, 2013
    Please, RE fans, it's not a survival horror game, I know, I wish it was too. It doesn't deserve a zero. Stop being spoilt little brats. Insulting Capcom won't bring about a 'real' survival horror RE7 .
    Anyway, this game has a massive 4 campaigns all of which are very fun and enjoyable( I found Jake's campaign to be slightly lacking), and all have co-op support. Series favourites return, including some from far back in the series. OvTheWoods was right about one thing, Capcom aren't exactly action game developers, as the controls still remain clunky for this outing.
    The other modes like Agent hunt and Mercenaries are fun little distractions, but the campaigns are the real deal.
    Overall, we can see Capcom have drifted away from classic RE, sorry fellow fans, but get over it, it's not coming back.
  45. Sep 26, 2013
    its ok but its not survival horror anymore it is way too action heavy and the only real good campaign is the Leon campaign hell its not as bad as operation raccoon city
  46. Jun 23, 2013
    This game has a great story and great gameplay its not the best game ever but why does have a mixed or average critic and user score? I mean seriously just because the and cover system sucks does not mean its a bad game.
  47. May 10, 2014
    This game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are veryThis game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are very well done and I cannot deny that they look very nice. Resident Evil is known for it's sound effects and this game is no exception. All he snarls and shouts are very good and you can tell where they are. Now for gameplay; It has its problems but also it's good points. The game offers drop-in, drop-out co-op and this can help you quite a bit in some the hard parts. If you don't want to play with a human, the partner AI is competent, which I am grateful for. The individual four campaigns play differently. This makes the gameplay, as well as the story, feel a little unfocused. Leon's campaign plays like Resident Evil 4. His campaign is the strongest and it has some moments that do startle, albeit being mostly jump scares. Jake's campaign plays like a runner game, i.e. there's a monster and you escape from it. I didn't mind this one too much, it wasn't too special, but I like the fact they brought Sherry back from Resident Evil 2. Chris' felt as the weaker one and felt scattered in terms of story. It plays like any generic third person shooter in the vein of Gears of Wars. Due to that, it plays too generic. The story is scattered and can be confusing at times because it jumps between two timelines. Ada's story is the second best campaign. It plays like a stealth game and it's a little harder. Quick Time Events are reintroduced, but I feel like the number is overstated. There are a number of them but they come up at times when you would have the controller in hand. Now for the story. Since Capcom killed off Wesker, you should expect a strained story. This is also due to it being split among 4 campaigns that messes with it's canon frequently. Basic gist, a new virus has been created. After the virus is tested on a university campus in the US, the race is on to stop the person behind the attack. Overall, I liked the game. It`s got it`s problems, but I was able to look past them. 7.6/10. It is definitely closer to the weaker end of Resident Evil and it terms of the RE games released as of late, Resident Evil Revelations is a stronger game. But I still like this game. I would recommend hat you buy this game used or at a discounted price, because it will be hit or miss for many people. Expand
  48. Sep 30, 2013
    It´s a good game, but for a numbered title of the franchise, that make part of chronology of Resident Evil, this is a worst of all.
  49. Nov 17, 2013
    i loved re6. i got it from play staion store for full 69.99 and it was well worth it with all dlcs. one of the most grapgical games iv played. hate when im away from the ps3, pc just dont run all these game man. i miss this re6. havent played it in about a half year, and i miss it bad.
  50. Oct 15, 2014
    im a huge RE fan and RE4 is my fav game all the time i played RE6 for more than 60 hours and i platinumed RE6 i bought it in the hope of having a real survivor horror exp in leon campaign and it was good but in overall RE6 lost it identity greedy capcom trying to please everyone reaosn why i call it greedy as a survival/horror game it deserves 4/10 and as an action game 7/10
  51. Nov 19, 2014
    Story line of this is very good and bound reminiscent impressions from RE2, RE4 and RE5, productplay is different, but it is mainstream now. Also quality of video/audio and programming - perfect.
  52. Jun 9, 2014
    Aún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, peroAún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, pero si echas un vistazo atrás y recuerdas las sensaciones que ofrecían los primeros Resident evil, es como para echarse a llorar y no parar. Expand
  53. May 23, 2014
    After playing through Resident Evil 6, I have some mixed feelings about it. Even though, it definitely isn't the high point in the series, and made some mistakes in design, I can't help but feel that some of the anger towards it is misplaced. However, that doesn't mean the game doesn't have it's problems.

First thing to point out is the new aiming mechanic, which uses a cross hair. The cross hair is absolutely terrible, and is the worst way to aim in the game, considering the laser dot in the middle moves independently of your controls. Switch to the traditional aiming mechanic, or the laser sight. It is way better.

Next is the fighting mechanics. This game changes the previous formula for melee by adding the ability to punch and kick without having to stun the enemy first. If you liked the old mechanic, you can still execute a nice melee attack on an enemy you've stunned. Although, the default amount of stamina you have feels too small at times.

The biggest change to the game is all of the extra movement you now have. Unlike past games where you were rooted to the spot while aiming, you now have the ability to move and aim simultaneously. Along with this, you're not restricted to turning with the camera like you were in 5. Now, your character and the camera move independently from each other. Also added are the abilities to slide, take cover, and dodge, and even aim while lying down. Overall, the new mechanics function, but at times, they feel a little clunky, especially since most of these movements are mapped to the same buttons. I like the new direction the game is taking with this movement, but they need to be perfected.

The story is definitely what I have the most mixed feelings about. The game is split into four campaigns, following the stories of Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Jacob Muller and Sherry Birkin, and then Ada Wong. I actually liked this whole concept of playing four different campaigns, and they're not too short either, with each one taking 5-6 hours to complete, adding up to over twenty hours of gameplay. However, the campaigns end up being more action and less story than even Resident Evil 5, so the story does suffer in some ways. The first two chapters of each campaign usually do end up being the weakest in story, but the story truly hits it's strength in the later chapters, when the campaigns start to intertwine, and the characters meet. That's when the stories truly hit their stride. Aside from that, the campaigns are pretty weak, being overly simplistic in story. Luckily, the few story bits in the campaigns are pretty impressive for the most part, even if some plot points in the story feel weaker than others.

Another weak spots for the campaigns are the levels. Some levels are absolutely amazing with awesome action and great sequences. Others are kind of blah, and others are absolutely infuriating, filled with bad sequences, fighting way too many enemies and filled with unnecessary grinding. This is one of those games where you'll have so much fun, and then absolutely hate it in five minutes.

Another bad aspect is the tutorial. It does a good job of giving you the basic knowledge, but only gives you the good techniques through hint messages during loading screens. Some of these tips are essential to the game though, meaning you're not going to be proficient at this game for a good while.

The graphics for the most part are good. Character models are well done, and I was always impressed whenever I saw the grime and sweat off of a character's face. However, some textures in the game look really rough up close, meaning some parts of the game look absolutely great while other parts are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Another problem is that the game is too dark. This is due mostly in part to the game intentionally blacking out parts of the game in an attempt to create shadows, which means that even on the brightest settings in the game and you're tv, the game still isn't illuminated well enough.

Another thing I want to address is the hate this game gets. Resident Evil 6 is not a bad game, but it goes further from the tradition that the Resident Evil franchise has set, which is ultimately why it upsets fans. RE6 tried to make everyone happy, by giving horror based and action based campaigns, but ultimately it isn't enough. In itself, the game isn't bad, but it's hated for the lack of quality and tradition past Resident Evils have. I personally don't mind, but I know some do.

Overall, the game is good with some huge flaws holding it back from living up to the standards set by RE4 all those years ago. If you hated five for the direction it took, don't play this game, considering the game goes down that same path. However, I can't recommend this game to newcomers, considering how unfriendly it is to newcomers. But, in itself, RE6 is an enjoyable and sometimes frustrating experience. So, if you're a hardcore fan, you may want to check it out.
  54. Nov 20, 2013
    En primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que noEn primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que no podemos matar y salir corriendo? esa epoca ha pasado a la historia, el juego avanza con nuevos retos, o ¿que esperais? ¿que capcom saque el mismo juego cada 4 años? nadie lo compraria, no digo que el 5 sea un buen juego porque no lo es, pero el Resident Evil 4 era un juegazo, lo querais ver o no y el 6 es otro juegazo, a quien le guste que lo disfrute y a quien no le guste que siga jugando en 2D recorriendo pasillos huyendo y buscando llaves. La jugabilidad es excelente, al principio te resulta dificil manejarlo pero una vez te acostumbras es una maravilla, por fin puedes esquivar, rodar por el suelo, luchar...etc La trama, de lo mejor del juego, entre ellas, la de Chris (te marcara) y la de León esta muy bien lograda aunque al final se vuelve ésta algo monótona. Los gráficos no son nada del otro mundo, pero estan muy bien, hay texturas que parecen el Resident Evil 4, pero bueno...al fin y al cabo no te fijas en eso...aun asi aqui decae bastante. El sonido es de lo mejor del juego, sobretodo en momentos puntuales de tensión y en las escenas cinematrográficas a lo Hollywood, el doblaje al Español es excelente, uno de los mejores doblajes que he visto hasta hoy dia. Innovan bastante respecto a la quinta entrega (cosa no dificil) el modo historia (que consta de cuatro) te costara pasartelo en unas 30 horas en normal. Conclusión: Resident Evil 6 posiblemente sea uno de los mejores de la saga (para mi personalmente el mejor) terror no tiene, algunos putnos crean tensión, pero no esperes un survival porque no lo es, mas bien es un shooter en tercera persona pero de acción y aventuras (tipo Uncharted) El modo historia de León mezcla survival con acción, el de Chris mezcla acción pura con shooter, el de Jake mezcla tensión y accion y por último el de Ada seria mas bien acción con puzzles, el juego es un juegazo que debes tener si o si, te encantara si te va el genero acción. Expand
  55. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  56. Mar 10, 2014
    Funny that Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 have better ratings here. Resident Evil 6 is best next-gen RE franchise. Great graphics, great controls. Best next-gen RE!
  57. Jun 23, 2014
    I felt compelled to sign up for metacritic so I could put my views across. It's current mixed score of 5.3 is probably fair. As a Resident Evil game, it fails on so many levels. Capcoms insistence on co-op removes any chance of there being the classic RE tension that enveloped the early games, the amount of QTE is way over the top,. When I was playing the game I thought to myself that II felt compelled to sign up for metacritic so I could put my views across. It's current mixed score of 5.3 is probably fair. As a Resident Evil game, it fails on so many levels. Capcoms insistence on co-op removes any chance of there being the classic RE tension that enveloped the early games, the amount of QTE is way over the top,. When I was playing the game I thought to myself that I was playing COD:B.O.W edition and I see some similar thoughts in other reviews. Even stripping away the Resident Evil name, as a game on its own 2 legs, it still is poor due to most of the reasons I mentioned above, alongside such other reasons as splitting the story over 4 campaigns, forcing you to replay certain sections of the game in 2 different campaigns. Yes some of the 0 reviews are just people taking their hatred for the game and it's destruction of the RE legacy too far but those giving it anything above a 7 to 'balance out the score' are just as bad. A 5 is a fitting score likely Expand
  58. Feb 12, 2015
    A while ago, I wrote a review on how this game is worth playing despite all the bugs and flaws. Now I'm here to say that I was too nice. Unless you are a RE fanatic, you shouldn't buy this game. The bugs and flaws will make you contemplate suicide. I do not recommend this game to anybody anymore. Capcom should learn from this mistake. The game is almost perfect, but the flaws just won'tA while ago, I wrote a review on how this game is worth playing despite all the bugs and flaws. Now I'm here to say that I was too nice. Unless you are a RE fanatic, you shouldn't buy this game. The bugs and flaws will make you contemplate suicide. I do not recommend this game to anybody anymore. Capcom should learn from this mistake. The game is almost perfect, but the flaws just won't let you enjoy it. Expand
  59. Nov 9, 2014
    Uno dei migliori videogiochi mai creati.Con una campagna sensazionale ed un gameplay ottimo se pur non ai livelli del secondo e del quarto capitolo.Un capolavoro.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.