5.3

1. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event thatAs a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOWLol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE)After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE) which make the most exciting scenes that you would normally want to play a bit boring, as these take the bite out of the game. Overall enough good changes to make a very good game I had a blast playing online! Although I would welcome a return to it's old survival horror roots wish I've missed since 4. Expand
  4. Jul 6, 2013
    Had such high hopes for this game. Love the Resident Evil series, and this game although good just did not live up to expectations. Also liked to play as different characters, but did not like the overlapping story line and seeing the sames cut scenes over again and just got confusing.
  5. Oct 13, 2012
    I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Then why 5? Well, this game is horribly develop! maybe that's the only terrifying thing in this game, camera is a headache, specially in crawled spaces, there is no lock system at all, while shooting I may understand but in melee, you will be doing hits to the air most of the time, because you will not see where is the enemy due to camera. Action scenes and quick time events cut down to pieces the gameplay, sometimes a few seconds apart from one another. More than realistic recoil, all character are veterans soldiers/agents/police and well, recoil must have been at least realistic and not a mess. The endless spawinig enemies spoils exploration, though in such small areas there is not much anyway. Multiplayer is has multiple connection issues and so long lifed as needed, mostly is the same as RE5 no improvements at all////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////This game remembers me Alpha Protocol, great story, great ideas and design with a really AWFUL development team, no talent at all, maybe they hired some College drop offs in Capcom. How could this happen from RE5 to RE6, I do not know, I am really sad. I never say this but this game deserve it, DO NOT BUY.
  6. Oct 10, 2012
    It's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be hereIt's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be here (shooter).

Some other minor problems I've encountered are some of the events that happen. For example, you're in melee and a cinematic triggers. A car on fire comes dashing for you and explodes. If you're standing wrong, you're dead, simply that, nothing you can do about it. Apart from that, if you're used to a shooter, you might want to set the grenade to R2, as with standard controls, R2 is a herb, and tossing a nade involves frantically searching for it with the D-pad.

The quick-time events a lot of people dislike are actually not that bothersome. The only one that's FAR too common is opening a door with your partner. This happens about every 2 minutes.

All in all, this game is not a topper. But it doesn't deserve the score it gets here, it's a decent attempt from Capcom to appeal to a larger audience. They will however have to define a direction for RE, mixing everything into one game just feels forced and doesn't work at times.
  7. Oct 11, 2012
    OK I have to say I like the game i'm a big fan of Resident Evil The stories are awesome, and shocking. The only thing that irritates me is the Grabbing problem where you lose a whole bar of health just because they put their hands on you...they don't even have to hit you they just touch you and you automatically lose health. Other than that I love the game.
  8. Jun 2, 2013
    As a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's theAs a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's the best you can think of Capcom? I enjoyed this game. It was different from the others. I think personally you're either a Chris fan or a Leon fan. Me, I'm with Leon. I thought there was gonna be an awesome fight scene between those two in the trailer, but there wasn't it was disappointing actually. It was a fun game,and I'm predicting the next Resident Evil game will be Chris'. Ada as always is annoying. Enough said Expand
  9. May 23, 2014
    There are no creative gameplay setups in the game. It's a variety of "x zombies coming at you" and "x zombies coming at your position which you must hold for a while". Then there's the occasional boss and QTE, but it feels like an overall cash-in, something made to satisfy shareholders rather than gamers.

Some moments are way above mediocre though, and despite the long trudges, there's occasional glimpses of an 8/10 or even 9/10 game. Then that feeling lasts ten minutes at most aaand it's back to 5-6/10 action. As such, it's a game about punching, stomping and shooting, rather than a game about zombie survival.

If 7 hours of well-made, varied graphics can satisfy your curiosity, I think you will have a fun time with Leon's campaign, which is polled to be the most liked and provides decent closure to its story. But I'm not sure the other three campaigns will hold your interest, as I don't really want to keep playing the game after 1st chapter of second campaign, which adds more shootouts after I just finally got done with it in the first campaign. Leon's still had some spectacular set pieces and encounters, and the flow between chapters felt quite convincing despite some drastic changes in surroundings. The occasional puzzles all had the same mass-market design as the action: designed to be instantly solvable, each element laid out in order so you just move forward and check off each step.

You can choose to smile at the button-mashing and various times where the game treats you like a tool. With that attitude, you can play the game as a conversation about game design. Sometimes it works, sometimes you laugh. If you're looking for some spectacularly produced dark action scenes, RE6 might still be the most exciting combination of tension and action on PS3.

Ultimately, you have to ask whether it's even worth picking up from the bargain bin. It's a matter of taste. Do you want an enjoyable time, or a tense time? A smooth experience or a rugged one? Creative design or mainstream design? Whatever you want, RE6 designs it in a way so I won't recommend playing it. But there is something exciting about playing a big-budget, non-recommended game. Just to see what the fuss is about.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    First of all i need to say that i'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series and the gameplay or story. This game have some potential and has a lot of action but the story split in 4 was not a good idea. I think it would be better one story but big like in the previous game (RE5). The controls where good better than the previous title but just that. The graphics where basically the sameFirst of all i need to say that i'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series and the gameplay or story. This game have some potential and has a lot of action but the story split in 4 was not a good idea. I think it would be better one story but big like in the previous game (RE5). The controls where good better than the previous title but just that. The graphics where basically the same where darker, i enjoyed more the previous game graphics. The story was just decent, like in any post apocalypse game. There are a lot of games and this series and there is much that beat this one, Resident Evil 4 or 5 are good (only 2 i played until now) but this one was fun because of the split-screen mode of mercenaries.If you wanna have some fun in split-screen killing zombies this might be good, but you will not get hours of fun for sure because the rounds are fast and get repetitive. Expand
  11. Jan 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, theResident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, the action game fans and the FPS fans. I like COD but this is Resident Evil and it should be like RE4 and RE5, next generation, with action... ok, that's good but the game must have the horror too, it's not a shooter game, FPS, like the campaign of Chris. Skills, oh my god, no... they should keep the RE5 style, again. Upgrading weapons and maybe, upgrade health, things like that. Thank god the unlimited ammo is unlockable after we beat the entire game once, but we can use only 3 unlimited gun ammo per skill and that's annoying, if we want to use another unlimited gun we have to change the ability? Pfff... The extra campaign of Ada is a incredible bonus, I loved this one too, like Leon's one. Another thing, the bonus costumes, they should be available to use in the main campaigns!!! That's a CLASSIC. I really don't care if they appear in the FMV or not, the most important thing is PLAYING with them. Someone out there said "sorry, but its something with the capacity of the game disc". A PS3 Blu-Ray and a Xbox 360 DVD really don't include space to put the bonus costumes playable in the main story??? Oh come on.. tell me another story, Capcom. The controls are so much better now, I like it a lot. The graphics too. The combat system and the guns are so much better. But that's the thing. Maybe RE Revelations (that's coming to PS3, XBOX360 and PC in May 21st, 2013) is better than RE6. The Mercenaries is a incredible bonus too, but 3 scenarios? Oh my GOD! At least 6 and it would be very good... All that because of Capcom, wanting money and more money with those DLC'S. This thing of 3 different campaigns and different styles to please all the kind of public is really not a good idea. I have sure that the real fans of RE are thinking that way too. I hope CAPCOM can fix that in the next games. Expand
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vsThe fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES.

As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade.

Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you?

Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game.

Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996.

This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends.

I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you.
  13. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  14. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offerIs the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  15. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often. 2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  17. Oct 18, 2012
    Bad design and an over reliance on QTE's ruins this game. Ideas are stolen from virtually every third-person action game in the last 5 years but are copied badly. The mercenaries mode is still addictive but the campaign mode is a complete write off.
  18. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they reallyI love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they really took you out of the action. The platforming was pointless (just press X) and didn't really see why they bothered. Even the shooting was just "okay" (I played most of Leon and some of Chris' campaigns). The writing was mediocre to terrible (um...why would Leon agree to get into an enclosed elevator with someone who was bitten and someone who is clearly sick as though he had no idea what was going to happen?) though the cut scenes themselves were well voice-acted and well done. Some of the "set pieces" I've seen so far were inferior to set pieces in Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Some of the boss battles were just rediculous (really...how would anyone survive being in the mouth of a huge shark-zombie for like 5 minutes..). Sure there is a lot of content, so I suppose I could recommend this to someone who was really bored, but I think I'd rather re-play a really good game than finish this. Since I can only get $4 at Best Buy to trade this in, I'll probably try to sell this on eBay since I already watched the nonsensical plot on YouTube. Expand
  19. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Resident Evil 6 in concept had some good ideas and things to work with, but almost everything they tried in this game was poorly excecuted. I did like the idea of Leon and Chris finally being in a game together. I liked how they actually tried to give Chris a little more character development, something that was lacking to me in the previous games with him. I really liked maybe the first half of Leons campaign. There also seems to be a great attention to detail in how each character reacts to the enemies, whether it be Chris, Leon or Jake they all feel different to me. With that being said though, I think theres a lot of problems with this game, and like I said the biggest fault being excecution. I liked how they made Chris sort of this captain of the group in the beginning of the campaign and I like how Chris says no one will be left behind. But this is soon shattered by Adas stupid clone. I was actually digging Chris's campaign in the beginning but after Chris's men are killed I lost all sense of what I was actually fighting for, besides obviously Chris trying to get revenge on Carla. RE6 ended up replacing RE4 and RE5's weapon upgrading system with a skill point system. The problem I had with it was that I really didn't get a chance to actually delve into it as you could only upgrade skills at the end of each chapter and from what skill points I aquired, I barely felt any real difference. There's some melee components to this game but they all feel overpowered as you can continually mash at the enemies at will with no consequences. In RE4 and Re5 you had to place your shots at the right points than you could do a melee sequence. At the end of things I think this game is worth renting as I think there is some fun to be had, especially if you have a friend, but other than that don't buy it. Expand
  20. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    It's definitely the most ambitious title in the series. But lacks the meat and bones of all its predecessors.
  21. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, veryThis game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, very good: I enjoyed the various points of view without feeling overwhelmed by the 45 hours of play it tooked to me to platinum it. The low amount of ammo you find and carry at higher difficulty level force you to cycle among the weapons carried, offering a various approach to fight. The game isn't scary at all. It is more an action game with a strong cinematic approach, rather than a true, old styled, survival horror. I find the game higly replayable, especially thanks to the cool chapter structure, which allow you to replay almost exactly the point you like. Overall, I think it is a good product for the fan of the serie: a game which allow you to play some of the most charismatic characters of RE, and throw in some new stuff. Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's gotBasically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  23. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil atResident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil at very few times. Capcom did try to make an action game out of a much beloved survival horror franchise. They succeded in making and action shooter, but failed to retain any of the survival elements that made Resident Evil what it used to be. As an action game, it is pretty awesome, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it, however this is no longer a survival horror game at all. One example is how much ammo there is. I kept my accuracy somewhere in the 50% range and found I had to throw away ammo to make room in my inventory. Another is the environments. Outside of Leon's campaign there are no moments that feel like there is a sense of urgency. If you are wondering if this game is for you there is a very simple way to tell. If you liked Resident Evil 1-3 (yes also code veronica and whatever I might have missed) then this is NOT for you at all. If however you liked how the series switched gears at 4 & 5 then there is something for you here. Resident Evil 6 is not as focused of an experience as previous titles have been and I believe that is what hurts it most in terms of caring about the story, along with the lack of any survival horror elements. I would have given this game a 8/10 because I bought the Anthology edition which is by far the best value, but this review is specific to RE6 only. hope this helps. Expand
  24. Jan 18, 2013
    for me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chaptersfor me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chapters (mostly leon's) until i got my fave abilities up to lvl3 and ****..

for me rent the game first. imo the shooting and the movement is better than RE5 and mercs is addicting. it has a meaty campaign and tonnes of hours of gameplay (if you're into shooting up monsters and ****)

give it a chance it might surprise you.
  25. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this gameProduction values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  26. Oct 27, 2012
    I played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous drivingI played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous driving scenes, I will go back to this later as it deserves to be talked about thoroughly. Removing the merchant completely was a stupid idea. I actually liked being able to purchase and use different weapons in RE4 & RE5 as opposed to how it's set up now where, ok you get these weapons you get in this campaign and this is what you have to use. You really have no options and not every character gets a certain kind of weapon. I think Ada and Chris didn't get a magnum or something. The little perk system Capcom added was kind of pointless in a way but it did give you something to do with the removal of the shop menu. Just not as interesting to me. There are positives you can find in this game. The story is ok. Graphics are nice and I haven't seen any frame rate drops but occasionally you will see areas that just seem way too dark even if you have the brightness settings up all the way in the game - to combat this I had to change settings on my TV. I played through the three main campaigns via cooperatively and actually had fun. I can imagine this game might be a little boring playing solo. Cover system is pointless. Not once did I find myself ever having to go into cover even playing on Professional. It was just a way to make the RE series more like games like Uncharted or Gears of War but they failed miserably. As for the driving. Well it's bad. Real bad. I wasn't expecting a Gran Turismo or Forza but holy hell. You do it so much that it warrants being mentioned. Snow mobile scene for one why was it still over the shoulder? It threw me off completely because of how stupid it looked. As to trying to make an avalanche dramatic Capcom decided to make ground rise up for some reason - I did not know this was possible. It was ridiculous, dumb and downright pointless. Chris & Piers driving scene is the worst. The turret on the gun does not even damage any other enemy cars unless you are right next to them. Trying to keep up is difficult because the driving is so bad. This should not have been included into the game. Oh and Chris magically learning how to fly a jet? Get real Capcom. Don't go into this game expecting something epic, you'll be highly disappointed. Play RE6 expecting you may be disappointed and you should be fine. Expand
  27. Oct 11, 2012
    For an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't beFor an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't be doing much of this in Leon's campaign it's still a nice addition to have through the 4 campaigns. Creature design is better than all of resident evils combined. Campaign and Mercenaries are all fully co-op but the only issue is you cannot trade items. The health system has been redone as well. The have now changed to health tablets. A green herb gives you one tablet, 2 greens and you got 3 tablets, 3 greens or a green and a red will give you 6 tablets. Your health bar is now blocks that are replenished by taking a tablet. 1 tablet = 2 block. I will review each campaign separately starting with Leon's. Leon's campaign is worth the 60 dollars on its own. It's much better than the whole of resident evil 5 and challenges RE4 in specific categories. It's the classic Resident Evil experience. Zombies can mutate into fleshy sacks and others can spew toxic gas from there bodies. It's nice not having to shoot Las Plagas infected mongrels day in day out. Zombies can run, jump and sway to avoid attacks and try and take a bite out of your neck. Hand to hand combat is a nice experience with Leon (and others) being able to pull of satisfying finishers like stabbing bottles in the backs of zombies and them onto the ground. In short, it never gets old. Also I would like to add that moving and shooting is now in the game. I personally never used it but tried it. I works well its just that moving while aiming doesn't allow for accurate shots but whatever blows your hair back. Leons campaign is quite lengthy lasting a good 8 1/2 hours on my first play through (I beat RE5 in 6 hours on the first play through) There are also great set pieces ranging from shooting a Naked Spider Woman on a train track to fighting a Godzilla sized mutant fly. It's fun from start to finish. The areas are all interesting from flaming streets to underground caves and a zombie infested church. If the game was just Leon's campaign and mercenaries it would get a 9/10. Chris's campaign and Jakes campaigns are similar but have their distinctive differences. Chris's campaign is a mix of RE4 and 5. The enemies consists of j'avos that lurk around every corner. J'avos are infected people but they retain their intelligence. That means they are able to use guns and bombs and try to flank you. J'avos are able to mutate into stronger forms of them selves. For example shoot their head off and out comes a parasitic 2 headed monster that is able to chomp through steel. Shoot arms and out pops longer tentacle like organisms that attack you behind cover. There's a wide array of mutations. If you go blasting in like an action game you will quickly find yourself without ammo and using your knife to try and incapacitate your foes. Like Leon's campaign there are some pretty impressive set pieces like Shooting huge el gigante like creatures with absolutely disgusting mutilated faces and hunting down a invisible snake that eats your teammates one by one. It's also around 8 1/2 hours long and it's filled with great locations like Snowy European villages and neon filled Chinese downtown areas. The story is also interesting with the struggle between Chris and his inner demons as well as with his partner. Parts interweaves with Leon's campaign. Jakes campaign features the same enemies and some of the locations as Chris's but is still an enjoyable experience with again a nice story and some spectacular set pieces. In jakes campaign you are being chased by an invincible nemesis like creatures that stalks you as you make your way through the game. Chris's campaign would score a 9/10 but jakes would be a 8/10 because of the repeated enemies and repeated locations. Ada's campaign is more puzzle filled with interesting locations and new enemies and would score a 8.5/10. Mercenaries return with all new locations, characters and enemies. If you've played one mercenaries than you've played them all really. It's still however, a nice experience to play 2 players. I would score it a 8.7/10. To summarize this is without a doubt the best Resident Evil game and the sheer amount of content earns it a 10/10. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    I waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy andI waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy and drawn out. I played it through with a friend and beat the entire game in less than 3 days. As a fan of RE series, I will always play the games, but was hoping for more. I think Capcom needs to reboot this series and give its audience more credit. I felt like I was playing a COD style game where the game was bigger than itself but didn't really portrait the intensity and fell as some of the previous games. I gave it a 6 because it wasn't a horrible game, but it is not on par with other games out there like Dead Space or even Uncharted (which is the feel they were going for, big scale) Expand
  29. Feb 27, 2013
    Keep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complainKeep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complain about this? Face it, it's a good game; at least from a technical aspect. The graphics are lifelike, the gunplay is smooth and fair, the difficulty curve is spot on, the character models are well thought out as are their animations, and the multiplayer is surprisingly good. I enjoyed this game through and through, and although it's not a perfect game, it's definitely among my favorite games of 2012. For all of you 90's Capcom fans out there, just pretend you're not playing a Rezzy game and you'll enjoy it. Definitely worth $40. Expand
  30. Oct 9, 2012
    So I was pumped up about this game, I love the Resident Evil series and have played every game. This game promised so much and delivered on some. Finally the controls have gone to modern 3rd person shooter mechanics. The cover system sucks and I never used it. The graphics are great and have many improvements as to be expected also. I love the opening sequence of the game, but then end upSo I was pumped up about this game, I love the Resident Evil series and have played every game. This game promised so much and delivered on some. Finally the controls have gone to modern 3rd person shooter mechanics. The cover system sucks and I never used it. The graphics are great and have many improvements as to be expected also. I love the opening sequence of the game, but then end up re-living the same sequence later in Leon's campaign! Lame. I think the 3 campaigns that merge together is a cool idea. Each character feels different and has a unique storyline. Now for the bad: Even playing on normal I died way too much. I am a veteran gamer also so I know it's not because I suck! The use of quick time events has gone overboard throughout the game, especially in boss fights. Capcom needs to take a page from Santa Monica studios on how to do them right form the God of War games! The boss fights are big and slimy, but seem to drag on and I hate defeating one to have him come back more mutated and harder over and over. That has been played out. Also the combat could be greatly improved. Kicking slowly and having no counters or combos hurts while you are mobbed by zombies and can't see to shoot. Overall I was disappointed and ended taking it back out of frustration before even beating it. Capcom has gone away from the great horror game that made them so damn good. We don;t need another action game- we like RE for the horror. In that regard, Dead space has taken the trophy. Collapse
  31. Dec 7, 2012
    not a bad game. don't believe the neg hype. ZombiU is better, but this is pretty fun.

Could it be better?

Do I expect more from venerable Capcom and RE?

But, this is not a bad game at all. If you like RE you'll probably appreciate this too.
  32. Oct 7, 2012
    Positives: Leon and Helena campaign feels like classic Resident Evil (more specifically Resident Evil 4), Some tense environments, Nice lighting effects (adds to the tension for some of the campaigns), The Interconnecting stories and very interesting campaign
    Negatives: the QTE (Quick time events) are very annoying, Jake and Sherry Campaign can be either very easy OR very hard, Chris and Piers campaign felt nothing like Resident Evil at all (feels more like a horrible third person shooter), some area's are too dark (zombies and environments blend in), weird camera and controls and horrible pacing.
    Overall: A could be good game with lots of flaws (the controls, camera and Chris and Piers campaign). Maybe an update fixing some of the issues would help make this a more enjoyable game.
  33. Oct 3, 2012
    Biggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survivalBiggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survival horror. The game on its on is pretty good, but as a series, it's dying out for me. Expand
  34. Jan 18, 2013
    First of all.....To people that say that Capcom moved to a new direction with RE4, you are ignorant and you should do your research before saying nonsense and looking like a fool.
    The first RE that was like this (with the solder camera/3rd person shooter) was "Resident Evil: Dead Aim" and it was released back in 2003.....yeah 10 years ago....
    Now about RE6... In general it's a great
    Now about RE6...
    In general it's a great game, long game, great graphics, great story, great cut scenes, weapons, secrets, a lot of things to do and to complete,mini games, you drive various vehicles.....fun-fun-fun there is no doubt about that, and IT IS well made. Every single detail from the menu screen/UI to the music everything is well made.
    BUT
  35. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were momentsThis game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were moments that shined like navigating subway tunnels or being stalked by the Ustanak in ice caverns - but those were far and between. And those damn QTE events - c'mon! What is this - Heavy Rain?

I'm a huge RE fan, having played every game since the original PS game. I'm one of those fans who didn't think RE5 was horrible but could've been better. I know Capcom can still make a kick-ass RE game - as evident in RE: Revelations for the 3DS. Revelations was unbelievable game - showing us that RE can still be about atmosphere and building tension! But this game, on the other hand, is just "good".
  36. Oct 10, 2012
    Just to be clear, i've played and completed every Resident Evil game (bar 0 and REmake) since the first came out in 96, including the god awful Survivor and the pitiful Operation Raccoon City. It is by far my favourite video game series, and i'm also - apparently, surprisingly - a fan of the Paul W. S. Anderson films. My favourite game of the series is actually Resident Evil 4, and IJust to be clear, i've played and completed every Resident Evil game (bar 0 and REmake) since the first came out in 96, including the god awful Survivor and the pitiful Operation Raccoon City. It is by far my favourite video game series, and i'm also - apparently, surprisingly - a fan of the Paul W. S. Anderson films. My favourite game of the series is actually Resident Evil 4, and I really kind of prefer the over-the-shoulder viewpoint to the old static camera angles; while they were truely very terrifying and chilling at some points, I think that equally the 'new' camera system has its positive points which outweigh the negatives. I found Resident Evil 6 fairly disappointing - while the Leon campaign was fantastic and very 'Resident Evily', the other two were mediocre at best and really left a foul taste in my mouth. Bringing in THREE new characters to an already established series which has a huge roster was a major flaw. Why not have Leon and Claire again rather than Leon and this new Helena woman? Who, by the way, had a very dry back story. And why is there no expansion on the relationship between the president and Leon? Why use Piers and Chris when it has been ESTABLISHED that Jill Valentine is Chris' partner in the BSAA? Why replace Albert Wesker with his 'son'? How the hell does such a cold hearted egomaniac have a son, anyway? And how does Jake have the powers of his father when he was conceived before his father was injected with T? Expand
  37. Mar 11, 2013
    Well, this was an attempt to appeal to everyone, and it worked and didn't work. The game felt quite too large, and by the end, I just felt drained. The combat system has been improved a lot, but that can't help a story that goes in twenty different directions. Overall, the game was pretty fun, but it doesn't have as much replay value as past games.
  38. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games.This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games. Just take out resident evil from the title and have fun. Expand
  39. Oct 14, 2012
    While this game is not horrible, it is no longer RE by any means. This series has become a 3rd person shooter with a cover system and a lot of QTE events. The game is still fun for the most part and it does give you heaps of replay value with all the different campaigns but the soul of the game is gone for sure. The online co-op is fun as well and serves to further bolster the replayWhile this game is not horrible, it is no longer RE by any means. This series has become a 3rd person shooter with a cover system and a lot of QTE events. The game is still fun for the most part and it does give you heaps of replay value with all the different campaigns but the soul of the game is gone for sure. The online co-op is fun as well and serves to further bolster the replay value but again...this just isn't RE anymore. Nothing is scary or has any degree of tension whatsoever....in fact it is basically run and gun for the most part. Boss fights are tedious and repetitious to say the least, I would say you could avoid this game for the most part or at the very least play it safe and wait for the prie to drop which I'm sure it will do rather rapidly. Expand
  40. Jun 23, 2013
    It ain't resident evil game but it is a good game. Leon's and Ada's campaigns are the best ones but the other ones are awful. This classic survival horror game has turned in to action shooter game. It is a fun ride but not so entertaining as the old RE games.
  41. Mar 19, 2013
    I give it a 5 out of 10 & that's only cause of Mercenaries mode which is the best Mercs mode in the series. RE6's campaigns are lackluster at best. The plot is dull & quite predictable. This game is a rent, not a buy. I played and finished all campaigns in less than 3 days, after completing the campaigns I went to Mercs mode where I found more replayability than in the actual game. WhatI give it a 5 out of 10 & that's only cause of Mercenaries mode which is the best Mercs mode in the series. RE6's campaigns are lackluster at best. The plot is dull & quite predictable. This game is a rent, not a buy. I played and finished all campaigns in less than 3 days, after completing the campaigns I went to Mercs mode where I found more replayability than in the actual game. What made the Mercs mode in RE6 so fun was the fact that you now have more of a strategy fo all enemy types. You can now roll, dodge, do combo attacks & tackle attacks that either stun or knock the enemy off it's feet; like previous Mercs mode this is best played with a partner.

Now... the campaign is no different than 4 & 5 with the exception of the new control mechanics, aside from that the AI partner is more helpful unlike in RE5... but the enemy AI is some of the worst I have seen, like standing in the line of fire & doing nothing at times. Survival horror is non-existing in this nor the past two numbered installments. It's an action game with monsters in it & nothing else. Rent the game first, wait for the next installment & pray for the best. Anyone telling you otherwise is more than likely.
  42. Sep 27, 2013
    Let me start off by saying i love RE4, in fact its my favorite game of all time. I thought RE5 was a great game, but this one ooh man did they f it up. RE6 by far has the worst gameplay i have ever seen. Although the cutscenes do look amazing. Jakes campaign is really out of place in this game it seems every time you encounter a boss you have to run towards the camera wich makes itLet me start off by saying i love RE4, in fact its my favorite game of all time. I thought RE5 was a great game, but this one ooh man did they f it up. RE6 by far has the worst gameplay i have ever seen. Although the cutscenes do look amazing. Jakes campaign is really out of place in this game it seems every time you encounter a boss you have to run towards the camera wich makes it difficult and really annoying, Jakes campaign at best is decent. Leons campaign is a bit better but it was still decent. Adas campaign had more puzzles and was more interesting than Jakes or Leons. The best campaign in RE6 by far is Chris, his campaign feels very Call of Duty like, and that actually makes it pretty fun. Overall this game is decent, i was really hyped for this game but from the moment i saw the giraffe logo on the box i knew i was goin in for a huge dissapointment. Expand
  43. Oct 3, 2012
    While I did have fun playing this game in co-op, it often felt like a capcom just took every single idea the development team had and stuck them in regardless of what they were. The result is a messy, uncertain, oddly paced action adventure shooter that doesn't quite give players any time to breathe. I love mercenaries mode though, and I liked the story. Agent hunt can burn in hell.
  44. Oct 24, 2012
    The game is not that good, any of you saying that it's a good game are in denial. I'm not giving this game a bad review because of it being an action game, I;m giving it a bad review because this game feels like I'm playing atleast 5 different games in 1. It's just a generic 3rd person shooter. The people who think this game is good have probably not played many games in their day. I ownThe game is not that good, any of you saying that it's a good game are in denial. I'm not giving this game a bad review because of it being an action game, I;m giving it a bad review because this game feels like I'm playing atleast 5 different games in 1. It's just a generic 3rd person shooter. The people who think this game is good have probably not played many games in their day. I own pretty much every system ever made as I'm a collector,also a game collector and have played thousands of games. I I bought this game on release and finished it in 3 days including Adas campaign. There is no replayabilty in this game,except if you collect trophies. Some textures in the game look like PS1 ( look at the top of the tank in Chris's Campaign early in the game) The controls suck ass (like all resident evil games) but if you are going to make an action game, your controls have to be good. The camera is the most horrible thing I've ever seen, and some parts when you are running/swimming from an enemy it doesn't look like you are moving at all. The story didn't make much sense. The only thing I really like about the game was the music, but even the music in the main menu sounds like it was copied from Gears of War Menu Screen but with a little difference. The boss fights were not fun,they felt really scripted. The acting was horrible but atleast it made me laugh a few times. I think Call of Duty has become the cancer of gaming, like seriously, people haven't realized yet that Call of Duty is trash and is the same game every year, and people are dumb enough to buy into it's Micheal Bay style explosion fest B.S. So here is a break down of my score, this is a thought out break down and I didn't just pull these scores out of my ass......Keep in mind I thought the game was easy on pro but the controls still were not smooth like they should be for an action game.

Gameplay-5 (not including camera)
    Camera- 2
    Controls- 3
    Fun-5
    Sound- 8
    Music- 8
    Replayability- 3 (not including trophy hunting)

34/70 = 49% rounded to 50% = 5/10

People giving this game higher than a 6 are either obviously indenial or they haven't played many games. Play Dead Space 1 & 2 those games are a lot better than this pile of crap. Dead Space is linear but they do it in such a way that it fits perfectly with the game. With Dead Space you get cool weapons,nice controls,intense momments, story is good and let's just say the quality of Dead Space is so much better than Resident Evil, just see for yourself :) **** even Dark Souls was a low budget game and that games is way ahead of Resident Evil. But casual gamers can't play that game because it doesn't hold your hand, you need skill to play it. Oh and I see people giving this game good scores and in there review they either say they haven't even played throw the entire game yet, also people that give it good scores say that there is only 3 campaigns when infact there are 4.. makes me think that these good scores are from people that haven't even played through the game... Resident Evil 6 rename that **** to Resident Evil sucks DLC dub edition remix.. Screw you Capcom you suck just like Activision. Both use to be good companies but have lost their way into greed.. tisk tisk ****
  45. Nov 21, 2012
    I've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I gotI've played this since release and never had a more difficult review. The thing is, I just find the game so big that it seems like if something is annoying me I can just move on (finish chapter, play different char chapter, and keep bouncing around, I know this isn't what I'm supposed to do but it works great). Unfathamable constant annoyances happen all the time, but the thing is, I got enough hours and enjoyment out of this game that I can't hate it. I'm through with it now because of these errors, but it was worth it. Save points (not checkpoints) are way to sparse. I once played a super long section before a save point and needed to pause the game, but I forgot to turn off the online, which disables pause with no way of entering a menu to turn online off. Hilarious.Some really cool areas though. And like i said, I don't really know how to desribe it, but there was just so much freedom. That's why it gets a good score instead of a bad one. Expand
  46. Dec 27, 2012
    While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game,While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game, the three main campaigns provide several hours of gameplay each and the mercenaries modes are as fun as always. The downside here is that this is NOT survival horror. Its more akin to Gears of War with Zombies. If that appeals to you then RE6 will be a perfect fit for you, if your an old school RE player than you'll be disappointed. I'm 42, I love RE (not Operation Racoon City) I liked 5 and I like 6. This game is getting far too many negative reviews because it is different from the games released on PS1 ten years ago. Face it people, RE grew up and evolved. Whether thats good or bad is a matter of preference and for me personally its good. Give this game a try, its way better than some of these reviews would lead you to believe. (I havent played the bonus campaign with ADA so I can't comment on that...yet). Expand
  47. Oct 4, 2012
    the game can have a chance but they ruined it.
    If revelations worked out why did res6 suffer there are many problems to the game
    Negatives. split campaign for each character. too much quicktime events random pacing story that goes in a circle boring final boss . lame meet up for leon & chris . hit detection . chris & leon felt dull and one dimensional NO Jill & claire positive.
    the game can have a chance but they ruined it.
    Negatives.
    split campaign for each character. too much quicktime events
    random pacing story that goes in a circle
    boring final boss .
    lame meet up for leon & chris .
    hit detection .
    chris & leon felt dull and one dimensional
    NO Jill & claire

positive.
    leon's campaign was ok rest were garbage
    cpu partner never dies

so avoid the rest of game when your done with leon's campaign
  48. Oct 2, 2012
    I honestly think a lot of people hate this game because they're a bunch or rage quitting babies. I'm playing on pro to start and have no problem killing zombies and using herbs. Yes, it's survival horror, there are zombies, you're trying to survive, zombies and gore equal horror...so yeah, its a survival horror action shooter! Hooray!
    My point is, in order to play this game you can't be
    My point is, in order to play this game you can't be a rage quitter. Yes, you MUST think ahead before using your herbs and equipping weapons. Using the D-pad is a vary good idea. melee attack is great especially when accompanied by a quick shot. No you can't just pause and change weapons you must find a safe place to lay low and do so. (hence THINK AHEAD) Yes! This game makes you WORK! QTEs all over the place so be quick and dextrous with your controller. I have no problem and find it enjoyable.
    "You can't kill zombies on the ground that haven't come alive yet." Big deal be ready for laying down, seemingly harmless zombies to come alive and remember where they are. Simple.
    "The zombies are hard to kill even with a head shot." FINALLY a challenge. Zombies can use weapons, again, FINALLY A CHALLENGE!
    "There are hard enemies that are almost impossible to kill!" (Remember Crimson head zombies and Hunters? You know the super fast zombies and the lizard things that would one hit decapitate you?)
    "Some monsters are stupid." Really, so giant spiders, snakes, cricket/ **** men, leaches, monkeys, and back voice acting weren't? OH OMG WAIT! What about zombie sharks!? No that's clearly not dumb.
    "Oh you just don't know a quality game when you see one." Sure I do, I just know when to relax and enjoy a game for what it is. A GAME.

I gave this game a high score because I'm calm and patient and don't mind dying a few times to conserve ammo and health.

YES! It is a roller coaster ride and one I quite enjoy. ^_^ If you can't handle a crazy ride stick with the kiddy park and go play Gears of War.

NO, not the best game, or RE installment ever but hey, they wanna try something new fine. I support the poor guys at Capcom while the execs fudge stuff up.
    Valiant effort guys.
  49. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ive played every Resi game since the start, and although scores on here are harsh I can understand why. I enjoyed Resi' 0 to 5, but what they have done is stupid. I understand they are trying to move forward with the series, but this game is not the one to do so. Problems ive had so far is enemies sponging bullets ALOT, attacks not having the desired effects and headshot not counting towards an insta kill. Also the games darkness makes it somewhat hard to focus on what your doing, combine that with the erratic camera and it is frustrating as hell. Playing with a random we each got killed by the (spoiler ahead) train in the subway, not knowing who messed up, whay we did wrong because in a similar area the game prompts you to press A+X together to dodge said train, this time there was no option, very very strange and annoying. Id save myself cash if you are still deciding. I traded Tekken Tag for this game, it was not worth it. Every minite I spent with this game my heart has been sinking, because to bluntly put it, the game is boring.

Run in straight line, pump all ammo into enimies that refuse to die, carry on to next straight corridor where yoh will yet again be swarmed by enemies. Seriously I paced my shot into thier face and it take 4 headshots or about 12 body shots to kill a simple enemy. What also sucks is the dialog, way to cheesey and couldnt find the energy to care about the characters or what was even going on. I also counted over 10 QTE's within the first 5 minites of play, I just felt bored from the start as there was no effort required. Dont even get me started on ths soldier that jumps from the chopper shoooting, whilst the highway infront of him was exploding? Where is the sense in that?Action for the sake of actio. All in all, if your looking for any remaining part of Resi.... You wont find it here. Think is the name of the game when tagged onto gameplay like this doesnt make sense, the enemies are bothersome more than anything else.

Buy this game at your own risk, just know that there is nothing in the game that hasnt been done better before and all we're left with is 3 mishmash campaigns that try to appeal to everyone but in the end impress no one. Resi is dead, I have lost hope, this is a sad moment for the franchise
  50. Oct 8, 2012
    Not as good as the Xbox 360 version, but still perfect. It could have been optimized better for the platform, but there's really only so much you can do with a PS3 in comparison to the Xbox 360. The 360 has better online, better graphics, a better controller, better processing, better sound, and a much better community. This game doesn't really deserve a 6, but unfortunately that isNot as good as the Xbox 360 version, but still perfect. It could have been optimized better for the platform, but there's really only so much you can do with a PS3 in comparison to the Xbox 360. The 360 has better online, better graphics, a better controller, better processing, better sound, and a much better community. This game doesn't really deserve a 6, but unfortunately that is what the developers are going to have to deal with. After all, they did make the conscious decision to develop for the PS3. It's only right that they face the repercussions. Expand
  51. Nov 17, 2012
    Whilst I would not say this was an awful game, it is a very mediocre one.

The amount of quick time events beggars belief even on Leons campaign which is the most worthy of being called Resident Evil. The Chris campaign is honestly more like a 3rd person Call of Duty, the acheivement/trophy when you conplete this campaign even rubs this fact into your face. Theres even a jeep/car
    Whilst I would not say this was an awful game, it is a very mediocre one.

The Chris campaign is honestly more like a 3rd person Call of Duty, the acheivement/trophy when you conplete this campaign even rubs this fact into your face. Theres even a jeep/car chase,,

With regards to the enemies, they just seem to have thrown in the kitchen sink, giant snakes, spider things, giant flys, zombie sharks., one of the bosses even has a form like a Tyrannosaurus Rex...it all left me feeling a bit cold. Ever heard the prhase "Sometimes less is more"? Well it applies here.

I've played worse games but I've played a hell of a lot of better ones as well. That with the fact that this doesn't play like a Resident Evil game is enough for me to advise complete caution. I rented this and glad that I did. I would have felt cheated had I bought it though...
  52. Oct 7, 2012
    What happen to this series??? what was one of the best game series of all times has just become a shell of its former self. This doesn't feel like Resident Evil, feels more like Gears of Wars or, in Chris's story, like Call Of Duty. It doesn't have the same feeling of horror and despair like in the earlier games; Especially during Chris's story where you just feel overpowered. The worstWhat happen to this series??? what was one of the best game series of all times has just become a shell of its former self. This doesn't feel like Resident Evil, feels more like Gears of Wars or, in Chris's story, like Call Of Duty. It doesn't have the same feeling of horror and despair like in the earlier games; Especially during Chris's story where you just feel overpowered. The worst part I think its the repetitiveness especially during the "boss" fights were you will kill it only for it to come back with a different form, and its all the same with all the "bosses". I hope that Capcom listen to the complaints of the gamers and bring back the horror next time, or this will probably be the last nail in the Resident Evil franchise coffin. Expand
  53. Oct 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident evil 6 was not what I was hoping for I have been playing this series since it started and I loved resident evil 4 but missed the fear in the older game that I have not since in years. when I played the DS game I saw some of the scary elements I missed and was hopeful capcom was back on track sadly this is not the case. This a is VERY long game and visually is great as is the story but that is as good as it gets.Game play is tricky and the camera is questionable at best the tag line for this game is NO HOPE LEFT and for this series that maybe true Expand
  54. Nov 12, 2012
    Wow I'm really surprised that this game has gotten so many bad reviews. Having played most of the RE franchise myself (not just 4-5) I can see how understand the disappointment this game is for you. But it doesn't mean that it deserves a 0. It has flaws: no puzzles, yes RE is known for its puzzles and that gives it a slower and terrifying pace, go here retrieve emblem, open door, find key.Wow I'm really surprised that this game has gotten so many bad reviews. Having played most of the RE franchise myself (not just 4-5) I can see how understand the disappointment this game is for you. But it doesn't mean that it deserves a 0. It has flaws: no puzzles, yes RE is known for its puzzles and that gives it a slower and terrifying pace, go here retrieve emblem, open door, find key. Puzzles were pretty much how you interacted with the stage and it made the maps feel bigger because of the backtracking. However this new game is straightforward with little or no puzzles. Now sometime that I really enjoyed in RE 4 was weapon customization and it was trashed on RE 6 for a skill set. I don't enjoy this because instead of improving your weapons and choosing from a machine gun with a lot of power but little ammo, or a lot of ammo and piercing... you can buy the skills and equip them (up to three at a time and make combinations up to six that can be changed at any time) While you could argue that all of the elements of customization are there, it just isn't the same as upgrading your favorite weapon. This brings me to the interface... I thought that RE 5 did a good job in which you could assign weapon to a d-pad location and quickly change from one to the other... However having to scroll through all weapons was horrible! Sometimes, in a panic I ended up using magnum bullets simply because I thought I had scrolled enough to my handgun... That is not acceptable! However the game isn't all bad. I enjoyed the storyline. While it wasn't the mindblowing storyline of past franchise, its pretty interesting. I really liked that each scenario connects with the others and you can see the full story play out as they all interact come together. I would have enjoyed perhaps a more detailed account on jake, him being Wesker's son and all. Perhaps a full game featuring Jake would have been better, but sadly that wasn't the case. Bosses were well detailed and sufficiently hard. Sometimes it was annoying that it wasn't really clear whether they were taking damage or not and I felt that I was doing nothing half the time, until they collapsed and died... and then it was like Oh... there dead.... Zombies were interesting, I don't see why people are bashing on the J'avo I thought it was pretty cool how they transformed were they received trauma. And I thought that the zombie that called out to other zombies in the Leon scenario was pretty neat too. Overall tons of new zombies tons of strategies to kill them.

Now onto the greatest thing about the game. People you have been asking it for a long time! Run and shoot. The game allows you to shoot and reloead while moving. Heck you can even jump back and keep shooting. You can roll and slide. You can tackle enemies! Instead of pressing the square button like in RE5 you have a combat bar and you can hit the zombies with your fist and legs and perform special attacks with R1. Overall, yes it was flawed. Several key elements didn't come together as we hoped. Perhaps the three scenario took away from the game. Instead they should have done a single complete campaign featuring a slower pace and plenty of puzzle. The elimination of the weapon upgrade is unforgivable and the weapon interface horrible. However give credit were credit is due, the game is still enjoyable and while it can't cater to everyone it's an average game. Give it a chance and play it through before opting not to buy simply because of bad reviews.
  55. Mar 23, 2013
    A fun action game with a load of content. One of the best couch coop games I've played in a while. While the story is a bit goofy and the quick-time events can be really cheap at times, I would recommend it to any fans of the later Resi games.
  56. Apr 10, 2013
    I would have given this a 9 or 10 if not for those annoying QTEs (quick time events) that leads to your unexpected deaths. But still, this is a must game for every RE fan out there like me who started playing this game since the '90s.
  57. Apr 8, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 was not an awful game but it was not great either. Leon and Ada's campaign was the only interesting campaign. Chris and Jake's gets boring by the minute. There wasn't so much head up display which was good. Multiplayer was completely a waste of time money and it really brings this game down. The multiplayer game is not long enough and once your shot its hopeless. NotResident Evil 6 was not an awful game but it was not great either. Leon and Ada's campaign was the only interesting campaign. Chris and Jake's gets boring by the minute. There wasn't so much head up display which was good. Multiplayer was completely a waste of time money and it really brings this game down. The multiplayer game is not long enough and once your shot its hopeless. Not disspointed with game but im not that happy either Expand
  58. Oct 2, 2012
    You would think Capcom would've learn from Asura's Wrath, that over excessive QTE's doesn't make the game fun, well -- I guess they didn't, because Capcom doing it again! This is a game that greatly suffers from a identity crisis. It's a complete mash-up, which TBH, it doesn't need to be. It honestly doesn't know what it wants to be, and some of the main stream reviewers got it right aboutYou would think Capcom would've learn from Asura's Wrath, that over excessive QTE's doesn't make the game fun, well -- I guess they didn't, because Capcom doing it again! This is a game that greatly suffers from a identity crisis. It's a complete mash-up, which TBH, it doesn't need to be. It honestly doesn't know what it wants to be, and some of the main stream reviewers got it right about that. I would even go as far as to say that RE5 gold is 10x better than this. I just don't understand how you can make things worst with this genre. I will say that fans 9-10 took part in this as well. Complaints on top of complaints, of people wanting old school RE back, and the other side saying move forward from the past, it's just -- You can't please everyone, and I hope Capcom has learn their lesson here. This isn't a 0 though. Most people at this point, are just playing with the masses at this point, and I personally have no problem with Capcom going full action survival horror, if it's done right! And if RE5 was polish a bit more, I would 100% say go for it, but after RE6, I honestly don't know anymore... The movies aren't working anymore, and now the games. Maybe it's time Capcom that you WRAP IT UP with the series, because the story is getting dull now. Expand
  59. Oct 2, 2012
    This is not a great game, but it is definitely not as bad as people say it is. The game has flaws, but is certainly enjoyable. Leon's campaign is quite frightening at times, Chris' levels are full of adrenaline pumping action, and Jake's levels are not too bad, though probably the worst part of the game.
  60. Oct 4, 2012
    A solid 6... and that just for leon campaign
    The rest is pure garbage

If capcom did a big campaign based on leon campaign then resident evil 6 could have been much more
  61. May 11, 2013
    The poor average user score is due to the fact that this isn't the Resident Evil the old-school fans know and love anymore. It is an action game that retains a survival component...but the horror aspect is all but gone. The game is a solid 7/10. It has flaws in the dialogue and story. But at the end of the day. I still feel the RE franchise has made a positive step story-wise and thatThe poor average user score is due to the fact that this isn't the Resident Evil the old-school fans know and love anymore. It is an action game that retains a survival component...but the horror aspect is all but gone. The game is a solid 7/10. It has flaws in the dialogue and story. But at the end of the day. I still feel the RE franchise has made a positive step story-wise and that there has been a positive improvement in the control scheme from 4 and 5. For $20 (or less) CDN/US this game was worth every penny. I would probably be a bit more bitter if I had of spent 50-69$ on this game...but I paid a 1/3 of the price of regular newly released full title blockbuster games. I haven't bought all the dlc. Just the extra mercenaries maps for the $5 bundle. I wasn't overly impressed at first....but if you enjoy the mercenaries 'enough' they can be worth the purchase. If you weren't a hardcore mercenaries fan to begin with, don't bother. I might say pickup rooftop, since it is a small and fun map. I'm still waiting hopefully for story based dlc like lost in nightmare and desparate escape. If you haven't played it already. You can pick up the gold edition of re5 for pretty much the same price or maybe cheaper. re5 gold edition was a solid 9/10. Expand
  62. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't understand why this game earned so much hate. I just checked out the xbox version, at 0.6, I didn't think it could get much worse. Its a okay game guys! Really cool graphics, zombie shooting, and yes, co-op. Making the same game over and over again is not the way to continue a franchise, and I thought Final Fantasy Purists were bad...
    If nothing else, then take this from my
    If nothing else, then take this from my review, ignore the user score. Just go to wikipedia, and scroll down.
  63. Oct 2, 2012
    I am upset and very bothered with capcom with this huge iconic franchise that they just decided to simple shovel **** into this game to produce more money. Resident Evil 6 has no pause menu(no exaggeration), is way too convenient(Bus gets hit by truck falls into graveyard setting), sub bosses chase only after you and no one else and way to many quick time action sequences. I love ResidentI am upset and very bothered with capcom with this huge iconic franchise that they just decided to simple shovel **** into this game to produce more money. Resident Evil 6 has no pause menu(no exaggeration), is way too convenient(Bus gets hit by truck falls into graveyard setting), sub bosses chase only after you and no one else and way to many quick time action sequences. I love Resident Evil 4 and liked Resident Evil 5 but for Resident Evil 6 : [ ... It is quite obvious that this game was not even tested for these obvious mistakes. Although I'm aware that im hitting this game hard with my criticism, the game has some ok run and gun elements and horror settings. The enemies are creepy looking and are very vicious. However, overall this game does not follow up with the hype that I have been waiting for ever since it was reviled. Expand
  64. Sep 26, 2013
    its ok but its not survival horror anymore it is way too action heavy and the only real good campaign is the Leon campaign hell its not as bad as operation raccoon city
  65. Jun 23, 2013
    This game has a great story and great gameplay its not the best game ever but why does have a mixed or average critic and user score? I mean seriously just because the and cover system sucks does not mean its a bad game.
  66. May 23, 2014
    After playing through Resident Evil 6, I have some mixed feelings about it. Even though, it definitely isn't the high point in the series, and made some mistakes in design, I can't help but feel that some of the anger towards it is misplaced. However, that doesn't mean the game doesn't have it's problems.

First thing to point out is the new aiming mechanic, which uses a cross hair. The cross hair is absolutely terrible, and is the worst way to aim in the game, considering the laser dot in the middle moves independently of your controls. Switch to the traditional aiming mechanic, or the laser sight. It is way better.

Next is the fighting mechanics. This game changes the previous formula for melee by adding the ability to punch and kick without having to stun the enemy first. If you liked the old mechanic, you can still execute a nice melee attack on an enemy you've stunned. Although, the default amount of stamina you have feels too small at times.

The biggest change to the game is all of the extra movement you now have. Unlike past games where you were rooted to the spot while aiming, you now have the ability to move and aim simultaneously. Along with this, you're not restricted to turning with the camera like you were in 5. Now, your character and the camera move independently from each other. Also added are the abilities to slide, take cover, and dodge, and even aim while lying down. Overall, the new mechanics function, but at times, they feel a little clunky, especially since most of these movements are mapped to the same buttons. I like the new direction the game is taking with this movement, but they need to be perfected.

The story is definitely what I have the most mixed feelings about. The game is split into four campaigns, following the stories of Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Jacob Muller and Sherry Birkin, and then Ada Wong. I actually liked this whole concept of playing four different campaigns, and they're not too short either, with each one taking 5-6 hours to complete, adding up to over twenty hours of gameplay. However, the campaigns end up being more action and less story than even Resident Evil 5, so the story does suffer in some ways. The first two chapters of each campaign usually do end up being the weakest in story, but the story truly hits it's strength in the later chapters, when the campaigns start to intertwine, and the characters meet. That's when the stories truly hit their stride. Aside from that, the campaigns are pretty weak, being overly simplistic in story. Luckily, the few story bits in the campaigns are pretty impressive for the most part, even if some plot points in the story feel weaker than others.

Another weak spots for the campaigns are the levels. Some levels are absolutely amazing with awesome action and great sequences. Others are kind of blah, and others are absolutely infuriating, filled with bad sequences, fighting way too many enemies and filled with unnecessary grinding. This is one of those games where you'll have so much fun, and then absolutely hate it in five minutes.

Another bad aspect is the tutorial. It does a good job of giving you the basic knowledge, but only gives you the good techniques through hint messages during loading screens. Some of these tips are essential to the game though, meaning you're not going to be proficient at this game for a good while.

The graphics for the most part are good. Character models are well done, and I was always impressed whenever I saw the grime and sweat off of a character's face. However, some textures in the game look really rough up close, meaning some parts of the game look absolutely great while other parts are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Another problem is that the game is too dark. This is due mostly in part to the game intentionally blacking out parts of the game in an attempt to create shadows, which means that even on the brightest settings in the game and you're tv, the game still isn't illuminated well enough.

Another thing I want to address is the hate this game gets. Resident Evil 6 is not a bad game, but it goes further from the tradition that the Resident Evil franchise has set, which is ultimately why it upsets fans. RE6 tried to make everyone happy, by giving horror based and action based campaigns, but ultimately it isn't enough. In itself, the game isn't bad, but it's hated for the lack of quality and tradition past Resident Evils have. I personally don't mind, but I know some do.

Overall, the game is good with some huge flaws holding it back from living up to the standards set by RE4 all those years ago. If you hated five for the direction it took, don't play this game, considering the game goes down that same path. However, I can't recommend this game to newcomers, considering how unfriendly it is to newcomers. But, in itself, RE6 is an enjoyable and sometimes frustrating experience. So, if you're a hardcore fan, you may want to check it out.
  67. Jun 23, 2014
    I felt compelled to sign up for metacritic so I could put my views across. It's current mixed score of 5.3 is probably fair. As a Resident Evil game, it fails on so many levels. Capcoms insistence on co-op removes any chance of there being the classic RE tension that enveloped the early games, the amount of QTE is way over the top,. When I was playing the game I thought to myself that II felt compelled to sign up for metacritic so I could put my views across. It's current mixed score of 5.3 is probably fair. As a Resident Evil game, it fails on so many levels. Capcoms insistence on co-op removes any chance of there being the classic RE tension that enveloped the early games, the amount of QTE is way over the top,. When I was playing the game I thought to myself that I was playing COD:B.O.W edition and I see some similar thoughts in other reviews. Even stripping away the Resident Evil name, as a game on its own 2 legs, it still is poor due to most of the reasons I mentioned above, alongside such other reasons as splitting the story over 4 campaigns, forcing you to replay certain sections of the game in 2 different campaigns. Yes some of the 0 reviews are just people taking their hatred for the game and it's destruction of the RE legacy too far but those giving it anything above a 7 to 'balance out the score' are just as bad. A 5 is a fitting score likely Expand
  68. Feb 12, 2015
    A while ago, I wrote a review on how this game is worth playing despite all the bugs and flaws. Now I'm here to say that I was too nice. Unless you are a RE fanatic, you shouldn't buy this game. The bugs and flaws will make you contemplate suicide. I do not recommend this game to anybody anymore. Capcom should learn from this mistake. The game is almost perfect, but the flaws just won'tA while ago, I wrote a review on how this game is worth playing despite all the bugs and flaws. Now I'm here to say that I was too nice. Unless you are a RE fanatic, you shouldn't buy this game. The bugs and flaws will make you contemplate suicide. I do not recommend this game to anybody anymore. Capcom should learn from this mistake. The game is almost perfect, but the flaws just won't let you enjoy it. Expand
  69. May 25, 2015
    Leon's campaign should of been the whole game, everything else in this game is meh...

All the other campaigns were heated gun battles... Does that sound like survival horror or Resident Evil to you? At least Leon's campaign had horror elements.
  70. Oct 9, 2012

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.