5.3

1. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event thatAs a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is reallyAre these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  3. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOWLol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    After this terrible experience i refuse to buy another resident evil game until it goes back to its origins. The Gameplay was awful the story was awful the controls was awful. Warning dont waste your money.
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high qualityThis is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high quality campaign for Terran in SC2 and put the rest sides of the conflict in addons instead of three low-medium quality campaign. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  9. Oct 3, 2012
    Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore.Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore. Sadlly, this is going same way hollywood alike movies are going, a merely summer blockbuster (thats what they think, cause for me is just a B- movie) that entertain only 12 y/o teenagers. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    Far away from the Quality of RE 0-4 & Code Veronica, this is the worst game in the RE series not worth your Hard earned Money.

Please Capcom Stop it, let RE dying with Honor.
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway.
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just goes to show that you cannot please everyone, they try to satisfy Old School RE fans with Leon's campaign and also more casual Action fans with Chris' campaign and it just falls flat...with annoying Quick time events and bad camera angles thrown into the mix... Resident Evil... is not what it used to be.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    By no means this is a 0 quality game. It really is an average action 3rd person game that will probably please some people. The reason It gets a 0 from me, is because it has the misleading title of a numbered RE sequel but the product i ended up playing was something like Gears of War meets CoD.
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

This game is just disgusting. I've completed Leon's campaign, and I am not going to give any spoilers, but I personally didn't like the story and it was BAD and cliche. Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good thing i can get on my head is that the game has awesome lightning effects and graphics are medicore. That's why i'll give it an 1 instead of 0. I can't suggest this game to anyone.
  15. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just saidI just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just said F***k it and bought the game anyway.

THE GOOD: Graphics are as good as any other big budget game on the market. Especially nice character models and lighting effects. Gameplay has stiff learning curve, but once you take the time to master it, it works mostly well. I especially like the melee animations and the dodging. Length is there. You have 3, 8 hour campaigns, one bonus campaign, 3 mercenary stages, and agent hunt. Sound and Music is very good especially during Leon's campaign. Leon's campaign is a highlight. Presentation is pretty good and story is a little more interesting than RE5. Animation is top notch for the characters and the enemies.

THE BAD: Poorly scripted events that can lead to a few unfair deaths. (This would be an easy fix Capcom, just prompt a dodge instead of just killing the player.) Too many quick time events (a few are fun ever so often to mix it up, but not this many!) Agent Hunt mode while a good idea is just not handled very well. I know zombies should be hard to control but not that hard! Fix the game matching while you are at it! Not enough Mercenary levels. Sometimes camera gets wonky. Level design on Chapter 1 Chris's campaign leaves something to be desired. Too many door opening sections.

THE UGLY:

All the enemies in the game! lol

RATINGS: Graphics 9, Gameplay 8, Length 9, Sound 9, Music 10, Camera 7, Story 7, Level Design 7, Fun factor 9. I hoped this helps!
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was simply awful, /v/ was right. I shouldn't play video games anymore. All the ones who have good reviews are either shills or viral marketers.
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    This has to be one of the biggest pieces of junk that i have EVER played. The story makes no sense and is just plain boring, the controls are worse than a game made in the 90's i refuse to ever buy a capcom game again. Even the dedicated should stay clear
  18. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  19. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    The game just fails to fulfill its promises in many levels. This game is no longer a survival games. Clearly the call of duty virus is spreading around. It is just copy past from many games
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    Just when i thought the series could not possibly get any worse, i would resell this game to get some of my money back but i refuse to let someone else waste their money on this garbage
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't evenI'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is Terrible game in the world. Horrible game play and AI. unrealistic physics engine, cheap sound effect. dont buy this. waste of money and time.
    by the way dokdo is korean territory
  24. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is justThis game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us.
    I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain.
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times whenThis game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times when there were so many cutscenes, that I wasn't actually even playing a game. They said they were going back to their roots, and then **** us with this garbage that they call a game. It sucks realizing that you waited this long for a game, and they produced this steamy pile of crap. BRING BACK SURVIVAL HORROR! Expand
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    Most trolled game ever... Its much different than other Resident Evil but still its cool game. Enjoyable 30h long gameplay with nice graphics and multiplayer.
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    I am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved onI am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved on the previous game in almost every respect, though a few gripes from the previous game return. As such, I must point out that these "0" reviews are extremely misleading and imply that the game is unplayable or terrible, which is a far cry from the reality of the situation. Many negative reviews appear to be from opponents of the game's direction who have not played it and do not intend to, and thus are unreliable sources as to the quality of the game. Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    This isn't survival horror, it wants to be gears of war and call of duty.
    Fails on all accounts, major disappointment, horrible game, I want my money back :(
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    The Best Resident Evil I Have Played leon campaign is the best for me. Chris campaign is The Same Resident Evil 5. Jake Campaign is Magnifico Plenty Of that I liked this game.!
  31. Nov 25, 2012
    After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE)After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE) which make the most exciting scenes that you would normally want to play a bit boring, as these take the bite out of the game. Overall enough good changes to make a very good game I had a blast playing online! Although I would welcome a return to it's old survival horror roots wish I've missed since 4. Expand
  32. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  33. Jul 6, 2013
    Had such high hopes for this game. Love the Resident Evil series, and this game although good just did not live up to expectations. Also liked to play as different characters, but did not like the overlapping story line and seeing the sames cut scenes over again and just got confusing.
  34. Oct 13, 2012
    I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Then why 5? Well, this game is horribly develop! maybe that's the only terrifying thing in this game, camera is a headache, specially in crawled spaces, there is no lock system at all, while shooting I may understand but in melee, you will be doing hits to the air most of the time, because you will not see where is the enemy due to camera. Action scenes and quick time events cut down to pieces the gameplay, sometimes a few seconds apart from one another. More than realistic recoil, all character are veterans soldiers/agents/police and well, recoil must have been at least realistic and not a mess. The endless spawinig enemies spoils exploration, though in such small areas there is not much anyway. Multiplayer is has multiple connection issues and so long lifed as needed, mostly is the same as RE5 no improvements at all////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////This game remembers me Alpha Protocol, great story, great ideas and design with a really AWFUL development team, no talent at all, maybe they hired some College drop offs in Capcom. How could this happen from RE5 to RE6, I do not know, I am really sad. I never say this but this game deserve it, DO NOT BUY.
  35. Oct 10, 2012
    It's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be hereIt's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be here (shooter).

Some other minor problems I've encountered are some of the events that happen. For example, you're in melee and a cinematic triggers. A car on fire comes dashing for you and explodes. If you're standing wrong, you're dead, simply that, nothing you can do about it. Apart from that, if you're used to a shooter, you might want to set the grenade to R2, as with standard controls, R2 is a herb, and tossing a nade involves frantically searching for it with the D-pad.

The quick-time events a lot of people dislike are actually not that bothersome. The only one that's FAR too common is opening a door with your partner. This happens about every 2 minutes.

All in all, this game is not a topper. But it doesn't deserve the score it gets here, it's a decent attempt from Capcom to appeal to a larger audience. They will however have to define a direction for RE, mixing everything into one game just feels forced and doesn't work at times.
  36. Oct 11, 2012
    OK I have to say I like the game i'm a big fan of Resident Evil The stories are awesome, and shocking. The only thing that irritates me is the Grabbing problem where you lose a whole bar of health just because they put their hands on you...they don't even have to hit you they just touch you and you automatically lose health. Other than that I love the game.
  37. Jun 2, 2013
    As a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's theAs a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's the best you can think of Capcom? I enjoyed this game. It was different from the others. I think personally you're either a Chris fan or a Leon fan. Me, I'm with Leon. I thought there was gonna be an awesome fight scene between those two in the trailer, but there wasn't it was disappointing actually. It was a fun game,and I'm predicting the next Resident Evil game will be Chris'. Ada as always is annoying. Enough said Expand
  38. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  39. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  40. May 23, 2014
    There are no creative gameplay setups in the game. It's a variety of "x zombies coming at you" and "x zombies coming at your position which you must hold for a while". Then there's the occasional boss and QTE, but it feels like an overall cash-in, something made to satisfy shareholders rather than gamers.

Some moments are way above mediocre though, and despite the long trudges, there's occasional glimpses of an 8/10 or even 9/10 game. Then that feeling lasts ten minutes at most aaand it's back to 5-6/10 action. As such, it's a game about punching, stomping and shooting, rather than a game about zombie survival.

If 7 hours of well-made, varied graphics can satisfy your curiosity, I think you will have a fun time with Leon's campaign, which is polled to be the most liked and provides decent closure to its story. But I'm not sure the other three campaigns will hold your interest, as I don't really want to keep playing the game after 1st chapter of second campaign, which adds more shootouts after I just finally got done with it in the first campaign. Leon's still had some spectacular set pieces and encounters, and the flow between chapters felt quite convincing despite some drastic changes in surroundings. The occasional puzzles all had the same mass-market design as the action: designed to be instantly solvable, each element laid out in order so you just move forward and check off each step.

You can choose to smile at the button-mashing and various times where the game treats you like a tool. With that attitude, you can play the game as a conversation about game design. Sometimes it works, sometimes you laugh. If you're looking for some spectacularly produced dark action scenes, RE6 might still be the most exciting combination of tension and action on PS3.

Ultimately, you have to ask whether it's even worth picking up from the bargain bin. It's a matter of taste. Do you want an enjoyable time, or a tense time? A smooth experience or a rugged one? Creative design or mainstream design? Whatever you want, RE6 designs it in a way so I won't recommend playing it. But there is something exciting about playing a big-budget, non-recommended game. Just to see what the fuss is about.
  41. Jun 19, 2013
    First of all i need to say that i'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series and the gameplay or story. This game have some potential and has a lot of action but the story split in 4 was not a good idea. I think it would be better one story but big like in the previous game (RE5). The controls where good better than the previous title but just that. The graphics where basically the sameFirst of all i need to say that i'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series and the gameplay or story. This game have some potential and has a lot of action but the story split in 4 was not a good idea. I think it would be better one story but big like in the previous game (RE5). The controls where good better than the previous title but just that. The graphics where basically the same where darker, i enjoyed more the previous game graphics. The story was just decent, like in any post apocalypse game. There are a lot of games and this series and there is much that beat this one, Resident Evil 4 or 5 are good (only 2 i played until now) but this one was fun because of the split-screen mode of mercenaries.If you wanna have some fun in split-screen killing zombies this might be good, but you will not get hours of fun for sure because the rounds are fast and get repetitive. Expand
  42. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot.
    Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  43. Jun 4, 2014
    Well, i am sad because the Resident evil franchise come to this, this embarasing title, the worst resident evil game ever made like operation racoon city, the franchise is coming to an end. I really miss the old days, when resident evil means "horror".
    This garbage looks like a call of duty game with zombies. ugly and repetitive as hell. This is worst than downpour, because downpour at least preserves some horror. But this one is incredible bad, the Leon campaign is the only one that tries to recreate the true "horror" but it fails.
    Stay away from this game and pray for Mikami, hope he have made a good job with Evil Within, but i don't know, the real survival horror is dead.
  44. Aug 23, 2014
    OK, I just played through the Chris campaign of this game, and have to say, Resident Evil 6 is actually a very enjoyable and fun game. I can't think for the life of me why people are giving it 0-4 and scores like that. I understand that the game deviates from its survival horror roots, and that gameplay may be a little too similar to other games like CoD, but I don't think that makes RE6OK, I just played through the Chris campaign of this game, and have to say, Resident Evil 6 is actually a very enjoyable and fun game. I can't think for the life of me why people are giving it 0-4 and scores like that. I understand that the game deviates from its survival horror roots, and that gameplay may be a little too similar to other games like CoD, but I don't think that makes RE6 a bad game at all. I am now going to play through the Leon campaign and am highly looking forward to it as I've heard pretty good things about that part of the game.

Because of bad ratings this game is actually pretty cheap to pick up, and I recommend anyone with spare cash lying around to pick this game up. Just bear in mind that parts of the game aren't like older Resident Evil games, but you'll still have fun while playing. I would go as far as saying that RE6 is one of the most underrated games I've ever played. I've certainly played games that are overrated e.g. the first Assasin's Creed. Pick this one up.
  45. Jan 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, theResident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, the action game fans and the FPS fans. I like COD but this is Resident Evil and it should be like RE4 and RE5, next generation, with action... ok, that's good but the game must have the horror too, it's not a shooter game, FPS, like the campaign of Chris. Skills, oh my god, no... they should keep the RE5 style, again. Upgrading weapons and maybe, upgrade health, things like that. Thank god the unlimited ammo is unlockable after we beat the entire game once, but we can use only 3 unlimited gun ammo per skill and that's annoying, if we want to use another unlimited gun we have to change the ability? Pfff... The extra campaign of Ada is a incredible bonus, I loved this one too, like Leon's one. Another thing, the bonus costumes, they should be available to use in the main campaigns!!! That's a CLASSIC. I really don't care if they appear in the FMV or not, the most important thing is PLAYING with them. Someone out there said "sorry, but its something with the capacity of the game disc". A PS3 Blu-Ray and a Xbox 360 DVD really don't include space to put the bonus costumes playable in the main story??? Oh come on.. tell me another story, Capcom. The controls are so much better now, I like it a lot. The graphics too. The combat system and the guns are so much better. But that's the thing. Maybe RE Revelations (that's coming to PS3, XBOX360 and PC in May 21st, 2013) is better than RE6. The Mercenaries is a incredible bonus too, but 3 scenarios? Oh my GOD! At least 6 and it would be very good... All that because of Capcom, wanting money and more money with those DLC'S. This thing of 3 different campaigns and different styles to please all the kind of public is really not a good idea. I have sure that the real fans of RE are thinking that way too. I hope CAPCOM can fix that in the next games. Expand
  46. Nov 11, 2012
    I personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made meI personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made me even more determined to finish all the campaigns Expand
  47. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vsThe fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES.

As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade.

Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you?

Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game.

Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996.

This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends.

I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you.
  48. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  49. May 25, 2013
    What the was Capcom thinking when they made this? There's absolutely nothing scary here, just action! The aiming is GOD AWFUL, the ally A.i. is stupid and never seem to stop unnecessary QTE's that are almost impossible to do right, unless you have superhuman speed, and the whole "separate campaigns" is just plain dumb. Save your money for something else! Do NOT buy RE6 at all!
  50. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offerIs the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  51. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  52. Oct 31, 2012
    Resident Evil continues it's journey toward mainstream action adventure lands. Stop your pathetic weeping diehard Resi fans, nothing stays the same forever, and this is a very good game.
  53. Oct 30, 2012
    WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds!WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds! Controls:works perfectly unless you never played a game before..or just trolling this game which people are! Story:simply put...your getting 4 great games for the price of one? Each character's story last about 7-8hours with their own ending! Also, each character's story ties into the other characters story which is brilliant!! People say its not resident evil any more lets compare games shall we? Leon story plays like re2 & re4...remember runing through zombie filled streets of re2..buildings on fire & recked cars? thats in leon story! Remember that huge water monster in re4 that you fight in a boat? yea leon & helena fight a similar monster! remember going in the mines & riding a cart in re4 yup leon story has it only theres a naked lady trying to kill you lol..god i hate trolls! chris story is a better version of re5 with some intense fights! remember the snake from re1? Its back with a nice surprise,you even fight it while crawling though a long & narrow tunnel(sounds like survival horror to me trolls) Remember that annoyingly scary guy chasing you in re3 as if you forced him to watch as you raped his mom? well if nemesis had a baby with the hulk & injected it with super sayain DNA...& fed it steriods you have that unholy union of carnage chasing you in jakes story! (jake & sherry story is the best to me) & Ada is a clever mix of re1 & re4! She has the most Terrifying moment in the game..what the trolls failed to mention since they obviously never played the game to completion is on adas story when she has to escape the boat..she is chased by a huge sludge like monster which pretty scary when playing in the dark!!the enemies are the best in any resident evil game! zombies can leap at you from 20feet away or shed their skin & turn into blood thirsty manics,shoot an arm & it mutates it into a sheild! Shoot the legs & it mutates leg armor! 7Foot tall fat zombies? hell yea! chris has an entirely different enemy to fight! These aren't zombies..their j'avo..smart,attack in groups,flank,& use guns chris has the hardest regular enimies to fight!Gameplay: vastly upgraded..you can roll,slide,lay prone & crawl or lay & shoot & hand to hand combat..ANY MEANS NECESSARY TO SURVIVAL YOU IGNORANT TROLLS! I also like how the upgrade system has been revamped making your choices matter when you engage your enemies..you can even switch skills during the game without waiting luke in re4 & re5!Now the bad:Camera..fixed through the patch as of this review so no complaints on that! Cheap deaths! prepare yoyrself as this game kills you unfairly with some qte scences..its not the scence exactly but the lack of time allowed to succeed,you have like 2seconds to react..like when jake is chased by the tank you will die the moment the scence ends & gameplay begins or when you fight the chainsaw guy on the track wuth ada & the train comes...prepare to due at least three times! but thats about it! trolls say its not scary but complain the game is to dark...YOU POOR DELUDED TROLLS..BEING IN DARK PLACES WHILE NOT SEEING YOUR ATTACKER IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF FEAR..foolish bitter trolls! This game isnt for noobs either..the enemies are relentless & everyone who says they never ran out of ammo are 100% liars! What the trolls failed to mention is..you can turn on infinite ammo from the start but if your like me then leave it off & i promise you might reconsider turning it on as ammo is sparse especially in chris story. Mercenaries Returns which is good so you & a friend can enjoy that or you can team up in the story & even play up to 4 players in story mode! bottom line..leon story= survival horror jake story=survival horror Ada story=survival horror and chris story=action survival horror! IF YOU HATE CHANGE THEN STICK WITH CALL OF DUTY AS THAT CRAPPY 12 YEAR OLD NOOB FILLED GAME WILL NEVER CHANGE! Games must EVOLVE & RESIDENT EVIL HAS EVOLVED IN A GOOD WAY(excluding re5)It easily rivals the gamecube remake as best resident evil game so far & thats still my favorite of the series....i just dont understand gamers these days...we complain when games dont change or evolve(cod) but still buy it in droves ensuring another crappy version with LESS IMPROVEMENT OVER THE PREVIOUS VERSION but hate another game when it changes in a good way,adds more content,better story,improved gameplay mechanics& hepls move the industry forward! Trolls dont see that the video game industry is dead..soon ALL GAMES WILL BE LIKE CALL OF DUTY...A YEARLY RELEASE OF REHASHED CRAP WITH TWEAKED GAMEPLAY!!GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY TROLLS & LEAVE GROWN UP GAMES TO THE ADULTS...9/10 Expand
  54. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  55. Jan 6, 2013
    Just finished the Leon campaign thought it was ok and not as bad as people were making out not as scary as the original games but a lot better than running around in the desert as in the last one they even tried a couple of the old puzzles which i love and i would like more of them over all not as good as the first couple but not the worst worth a play.
  56. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  57. Oct 7, 2012
    As far as capcom goes these days with pissing of fans of their games, they use to love but now is destroyed for the money. Resident Evil 6 is their last chance.

Story: In this game you can pick up to 3 campaigns you would like to play. The main characters for the 3 are Leon, Chris, and Jake A.K.A Albert wesker's son. Leon goes back to somewhat of RE4's style of play where he shot the president and has to find the culprit behind the mess. Chris is similar to RE5 with action sequences. Jake is adventure where he will have to escape from the Tyrant Ustank while trying to make his blood become a cure to the world. There is a 4th campaign which is only avavliable once you complete Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaigns which is Ada Wong. Ada is trying to investigate on why is there another form of herself.

Gameplay: without a doubt RE6 has excellent gameplay. sprinting, quick shots, sliding, oh wait here is one everyone wanted shooting while moving yay. Performing counters on enemies at the exact which i feel that is isn't necessary for this game. For Capcom to take the countering of Uncharted 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, and city feels that it isn't right especially on a horror game back then. Meleeing is limited unlike RE4, RE5 where if you use it too much you'll lose your stamina and won't be able to melee for awhile unless you have health tablets. Which not only does it restore your health but restores your stamina completely. Healh tablets can be used multiple times. Vehicle parts of the game feel so clunky that you won't be able to get the enemies accurately. Skill points are introduced where you can spend them to unlock specific skills to all characters in the game. Whether it be reducing damage, to dealing more damage to enemies, etc. Mercenaries appears again with getting a high score in limited time. Agent Hunt is basically WTF. You can play as the enemies to eliminate the main characters which is basically capcom just deciding to imitate L4D's versus mode and EA's Dead space 2. controlling the enemies feel so stiff that its difficult to attack the main characters. Another bad thing is as completing it either killing the main character or failing to kill them you don't get award with skill points, only count towards record for medals. shame.

Overall capcom may have prevented themselves from losing finance with this game but feels that its a good game to bring back alot of things that fans wanted but still dissapoint them at the same time. In my opinion i feel that capcom did an good NOT outstanding job on making RE6 a good game just because its not what all fans wanted to be however i understand how they feel to losing something that was good back and now is completely changed. Those fans have to move on its never going to be the same all the time.
  58. Oct 5, 2012
    First of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are playedFirst of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are played to stay competative in the youth gaming. With that said the reason I gave the game a 8 is for the addictivness it has. Yes the quick time can ne annoying at sometimes and there is a lot of cutscenes but the endless amount of zombies and team puzzles and smashing zombies heads into walls just dosnt get old. The boss fights are very big and epic and the feeling of "oh **** is there and is felt frequently. Ive played this game with a coupke people that have never played a RE and they loved the gameplay style fast pace with lots of action. The RE franchise will never be what it was but Capcom wants to broaden their market value and for the gamers of today its a great game as for the die hards its still compelling and you will still be thinking about where you left off when your at work or when listening to how your girlfriends day was ha ha. With that said pick it up, rent it. It might not be what you expected but its still a great game! Expand
  59. Oct 7, 2012
    I have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originallyI have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originally was programmed today, it would flop. A remake made the same way...same result. It's ok to look back in the day and appreciate all those awesome games. They were groundbreaking back then, but again, things must evolve. I have to disagree with the critics and their 0-6 points. This game has great graphics, sharp controls, and lots of extras (storylines, characters, modifications and all around fun) a creepy mood, it's dark and filled with monsters. I find no better joy than blowing holes through zombies with my sidearm, shotgun, rifle or whatever other item in my inventory. I won't hate on people scoring this game below a 7. we are all entitled to feel how we do about games and our experience with them. Yes, it isn't the same and no, it is really scary. Is there action? Heck yes! I have played through the first 2 scenarios and working on Jake's now. I have been impressed the whole way while playing this. I love hearing how a game is not realistic, but it's a game....what realism are you looking for? It's a game, if it looks good, the story is good, it's easy to control and it's fun, why pick something apart so much that you end up hating it? An honest review: Pro's: There's enough action and opportunity to kill zombies to keep you wanting more. The controls are crisp and easy to use. The graphics are great and the damage realism is really solid. I like the addition of other players joining your cause and making it even more fun. You can play this game for 6 hours straight and still want more. Your spouse might disown you and you might end up in the dog house, but I say it's worth it (I speak from the dog house as I type this).

Cons: it can be frustrating as sometimes it seems you are just doing the same thing over and over. Although I enjoyed some of the new monsters, I think some of the old magic was missing with the monster types. The classics such as the Tyrants, lickers, and some of the other baddies are just sorely missed. A little more creativity in the settings could have earned this a perfect 10, but what is ever perfect?
  60. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop theResident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop the **** on saying its bad cuz its not! Expand
  61. Oct 7, 2012
    Exelent game, much better than Residnt evil 5.
    I just dont understand the bad scores given by almost new users, 1 time reviewers, just like me.
    Anyone whith an avarage inteligence will see whats behind this
    Just one description for this game.

The survivor Horror is back.
  62. Oct 30, 2012
    the best resident evil unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of thesethe best resident evil unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of these "critics" even haven't playe Expand
  63. Nov 7, 2012
    An improvement of 5, completly incomprehensible for me how so many people see themselves as able to bash this game. A clear recommendation for me. You get more than you pay for in this short campaign era!
  64. Dec 31, 2012
    I think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could'veI think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could've been a lot better, I honestly think 6 has exceeded everything that was expected of it. Expand
  65. May 1, 2013
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.
    Menu instead of to be "load game" is: - press start - start game - choose campaign - choose PSN settings - finally start game. It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen. Just to start the game I MUST everytime choose that I want to play offlline (otherwise i'll not be able to PAUSE the GAME!!) Game
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.

Menu instead of to be "load game" is:

- press start
    - start game
    - choose campaign
    - choose PSN settings
    - finally start game.

It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen.

Game itself:

- pretty beautiful but it is too much. True this that you always out of ammo or recovery items. Each time you see something big you have nothing to fight. You need to try it with your bare hands almost.

- Camera is pretty stupid, i just looked back there were nobody there, turn around and again i'm atacked out of nowhere.

CAPCOM made BAD game this time
  66. Jul 3, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events,Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events, and the addition of several new, flat characters, RE6 is definitely a disappointment and a scar on the face of Resident Evil's main series games. Expand
  67. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often. 2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  68. Nov 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls workIf you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls work well, and the story is classic Resident Evil lore. So grab a buddy and enjoy an action-packed title puts you through some absolutely crazy stunts. Bottom line, who doesn't enjoy taking on a zombie horde? Expand
  69. Oct 18, 2012
    Bad design and an over reliance on QTE's ruins this game. Ideas are stolen from virtually every third-person action game in the last 5 years but are copied badly. The mercenaries mode is still addictive but the campaign mode is a complete write off.
  70. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they reallyI love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they really took you out of the action. The platforming was pointless (just press X) and didn't really see why they bothered. Even the shooting was just "okay" (I played most of Leon and some of Chris' campaigns). The writing was mediocre to terrible (um...why would Leon agree to get into an enclosed elevator with someone who was bitten and someone who is clearly sick as though he had no idea what was going to happen?) though the cut scenes themselves were well voice-acted and well done. Some of the "set pieces" I've seen so far were inferior to set pieces in Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Some of the boss battles were just rediculous (really...how would anyone survive being in the mouth of a huge shark-zombie for like 5 minutes..). Sure there is a lot of content, so I suppose I could recommend this to someone who was really bored, but I think I'd rather re-play a really good game than finish this. Since I can only get $4 at Best Buy to trade this in, I'll probably try to sell this on eBay since I already watched the nonsensical plot on YouTube. Expand
  71. Nov 18, 2012
    Surely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought theSurely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought the game). The story is very over the top like i think they put 90% of all the action movies in this game for example; fight on trains, fight on planes, save the world.... I guess u could compare it to the resident evil movies which i thought were cool like a 14 year old but It should have been more like the classic Res Evil.
    In short; It's still a great game to play with a friend the multiplayer will keep u entertained for hours and hours.
  72. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Resident Evil 6 in concept had some good ideas and things to work with, but almost everything they tried in this game was poorly excecuted. I did like the idea of Leon and Chris finally being in a game together. I liked how they actually tried to give Chris a little more character development, something that was lacking to me in the previous games with him. I really liked maybe the first half of Leons campaign. There also seems to be a great attention to detail in how each character reacts to the enemies, whether it be Chris, Leon or Jake they all feel different to me. With that being said though, I think theres a lot of problems with this game, and like I said the biggest fault being excecution. I liked how they made Chris sort of this captain of the group in the beginning of the campaign and I like how Chris says no one will be left behind. But this is soon shattered by Adas stupid clone. I was actually digging Chris's campaign in the beginning but after Chris's men are killed I lost all sense of what I was actually fighting for, besides obviously Chris trying to get revenge on Carla. RE6 ended up replacing RE4 and RE5's weapon upgrading system with a skill point system. The problem I had with it was that I really didn't get a chance to actually delve into it as you could only upgrade skills at the end of each chapter and from what skill points I aquired, I barely felt any real difference. There's some melee components to this game but they all feel overpowered as you can continually mash at the enemies at will with no consequences. In RE4 and Re5 you had to place your shots at the right points than you could do a melee sequence. At the end of things I think this game is worth renting as I think there is some fun to be had, especially if you have a friend, but other than that don't buy it. Expand
  73. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    It's definitely the most ambitious title in the series. But lacks the meat and bones of all its predecessors.
  74. Nov 10, 2012
    This is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition ofThis is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition of the Mercenaries. What have you done, this is so easy. Ttitleshe mercs are supposed to be challenging and vicious and fast, three things I will have to fulfill in previous releases. Just as well there is great replayability potential in the main game. Expand
  75. Nov 26, 2012
    Seriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am becauseSeriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am because this game is great not perfect but no game is. They need to make agent hunt with many more options and think it out a little more but great concept to use for Resident Evil 7. At least rent the game. Expand
  76. Nov 20, 2012
    I would like to start off by saying, no, this is not the old school Resident Evil everyone played back in the day. This is the new form of Resident Evil. This game focuses more towards an action perspective, which I have grown to like. This game is not an attempt to make a modern version of older RE games. This is what RE can evolve into.

I have played the game in (almost) it's

I have played the game in (almost) it's entirety. I have beaten all campaigns & Mercenaries maps (all this was played co-op with a friend too). About the only thing I haven't tried are the DLC Merc. maps, and the Agent Hunt mode, which allows you to play as the creatures in another player's campaign. I would break down the game like so:

Gameplay mechanics: 10
    Such an improvement over Resident Evil 5. Featuring run n' gun, rolls and dodging, melee fighting, and QTE kills, RE6 brings some fresh new mechanics to the series.

Story: 9
    The story for this game is fantastic. It reminds me (in a way) of the movie Vantage Point, where you see some over all major events though several perspectives. The campaign is about X3 longer than RE5, so you definitely get your money's worth in replay value. 4 difficulties (with a 5th being added soon via update), emblems, and earning skill points offer plenty of reasons to play it again. Only problem with the extended length campaign is sometimes it feels like it takes forever to finish a level.

Visuals: 8
    Not breathtaking, but look pretty nice. Looks somewhat better than RE5's graphics.

Sound: 10
    Voice acting, SFX, and music are superb. Characters convey realistic and believable emotion, SFX & music give that tense survival against all odds kinda feel

Who Should Get This Game:
    Die hard fans of the Resident Evil series (who would like it even if it's different from the originals), fans of 3rd person action games, fans of zombie games, people who play co-op games together.

Summary:

Overall, I would say Resident Evil 6 has exceeded my expectations. I was thinking I would wind up with a pretty alright game, I got something amazing. My friend and I have played this game for 60+ hours, and plan to put many more into it. I have personally beaten all the Resident Evil games in the main series (except 3), and this is by far my favorite Resident Evil game to date.
  77. Feb 20, 2013
    Something to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole storySomething to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole story feels bland as well as the gameplay, its just a third person call of duty there. Many people complain that this game isnt a survival horror, well I say it would be a survival horror in 1995 while todays survival horrors are known as dead space and amnesia. The one thing about Resident Evil 6 was that the gamplay was supposed to be to conserve ammo and use melee attacks and only one of these areas worked. Ammo could be found quite a lot and I never ran out of ammo when I used a gun against a huge horde of javos or zombies, I never run out of ammo. For the melee attack, both me and my dad (a huge resident evil fan) agree that it was a welcome addition, espically when you grab them by the head and smash it into the ground. Anyway looking at it all I would give Resident Evil 6 a 7.8 rounded up to an 8. Resident Evil 6 is a good game but not a survival horror to todays standards. Let's hope Resident Evil Revelaions coming 24th May will be known as a better Resident Evil experience. Expand
  78. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, veryThis game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, very good: I enjoyed the various points of view without feeling overwhelmed by the 45 hours of play it tooked to me to platinum it. The low amount of ammo you find and carry at higher difficulty level force you to cycle among the weapons carried, offering a various approach to fight. The game isn't scary at all. It is more an action game with a strong cinematic approach, rather than a true, old styled, survival horror. I find the game higly replayable, especially thanks to the cool chapter structure, which allow you to replay almost exactly the point you like. Overall, I think it is a good product for the fan of the serie: a game which allow you to play some of the most charismatic characters of RE, and throw in some new stuff. Expand
  79. Mar 25, 2013
    This game simply doesn't work. It looks pretty good sounds pretty good and plays atrociously. It would seem that the development team of this game weren't working towards the same goals here. One side opted for survival horror elements, the other went for a more action packed approach. The result of this is a clunky action game that leaves much to be desired.
  80. Apr 21, 2013
    what ever happened to just a simple zombie storyline not all this virus monster crap I rented this game thank goodness the combat is what you expect from RE but the story is so confusing I wanted to like this game but it was crap
  81. Apr 15, 2013
    How about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give thisHow about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give this game a bad review because it SUCKS even as an action game. There's parts in this game where you will be running or swimming from something and your character doesn't even move off the spot that they are in. The camera angles in some points in this game are terrible. Zombies have guns. I know a lot of people that say this game sucks get a lot of flack, but holy hell this game is not scary at all, My Little Pony is more scary that this. Even Leons part wasn#t that scary and a lot of you will think that this game doesn#t need to be scary, but in all honesty, they built this series on a horror, then those crappy Resident Evil movies came out and then all of a sudden they started changing the formula for the games. The only thing good about this game is how funny it is. There are 4 stories and the game is BIG, it might be a BIG game but I wanted the game to be over after 1 hour. I kept playing the game, hoping that it would get better, then I finished Adas part and I regretted it badly. The cover system is horrible aswell, why is it so hard to get into cover? Yes of course when you have it down packed it is easier after awhile but in an ACTION game it shouldn#t be as hard as it was. They tried to copy Gears of War and they failed,where as Gears of War cover system is one of the best I have ever seen. It seems as if a lot of games want to be CoD, but not only does this game want to be CoD it also wants to be Gears, even though Call of Duty sucks (IMO) it#s still a better experience than this game was.....Thankfully, Capcom has stated that they will be returning to survival horror for the next game. Expand
  82. May 1, 2013
    Ever since re1 on the playstation 1 I have loved the resident evil series. Not only because I am a fan of zombies and survival horror, but I liked the puzzles. Even though the were not the hardest.

Throughout the series I have enjoyed every game. From the originals and remakes to the side games like dead aim, appreciating them for what they are. But this one, I just don't enjoy...

The camera spins around so much it actually hurts my eyes at times, the health system is just long winded and pointless, but what I hate the most is the new "just run in a straight line and shoot things" approach. It just seems like the developers got lazy. Where are the puzzles? The exploring of areas? Even going back to revisit areas because of a new key or item. Instead it's now just a boring, repetitive action game, with tedious quick time events and bad camera angles.

I looked forward to every single resident evil release, right from re2. I'm wondering now if I will look forward to the next one? Maybe il just give it a miss.
  83. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  84. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's gotBasically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  85. Oct 11, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It's a game without spirit itself, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But most are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a real Resident Evil.
  86. Oct 3, 2012
    An honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a badAn honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a bad thing. Can't keep doing the same thing over and over with slight revisions. I think the type of game that 1 and 4 were are great games and definitely the best in the series but 6 is an awesome game and if you are a true fan of Resident Evil, this will not disappoint. I simply do not see how it could unless we just have the occasional or bandwagon fans jumping on here hoping for a another game like 4 and giving this game a $heet score because it didn't live up to what they consider resident evil should be. I give this game a solid 8.5 but going 10 to try and counteract all the negative reviews. You people are lame. No way any game besides the worst videogame ever made deserves anything as low as a 0. Even a 4 or a 5 would be completely ridiculous. You eff up the whole point of metacritic. Expand
  87. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil atResident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil at very few times. Capcom did try to make an action game out of a much beloved survival horror franchise. They succeded in making and action shooter, but failed to retain any of the survival elements that made Resident Evil what it used to be. As an action game, it is pretty awesome, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it, however this is no longer a survival horror game at all. One example is how much ammo there is. I kept my accuracy somewhere in the 50% range and found I had to throw away ammo to make room in my inventory. Another is the environments. Outside of Leon's campaign there are no moments that feel like there is a sense of urgency. If you are wondering if this game is for you there is a very simple way to tell. If you liked Resident Evil 1-3 (yes also code veronica and whatever I might have missed) then this is NOT for you at all. If however you liked how the series switched gears at 4 & 5 then there is something for you here. Resident Evil 6 is not as focused of an experience as previous titles have been and I believe that is what hurts it most in terms of caring about the story, along with the lack of any survival horror elements. I would have given this game a 8/10 because I bought the Anthology edition which is by far the best value, but this review is specific to RE6 only. hope this helps. Expand
  88. Oct 30, 2012
    Ok, this is Resident Evil 6, and it's 2012.
    So it's perfectly natural that many aspects of the game may have changed from the first Biohazard game, back in the '90s.
    Ok, this is Resident Evil 6, and it's 2012.
    I can't really understand the gameplay complains, it would be ridicolous to still have the stationary point and fire system or the first RE, the world has evolved and so the characters, now they are fully prepared to fight BOWs, in any possible way.
    Now they can aim and fire while walking, they can leap and fire from the ground, and finally the hand to hand combat is effective (and fun!).
    Play this game in co-op with a friend and eveything will turn into pure gold.
    Every campaign is totally different from the other, from good old survival horror (Leon) to a full head on TPS (Chris), this is Resident Evil for the 2012, and it works!
    If you are not happy with it, you can always play the old ones on your PSP or Vita.
    They are out there for you to grab.
    In RE6 the graphics are amazing, the sound is pulse pounding and the gameplay in fast and challenging, you will never have time to catch breath.
    Don't be haters, just enjoy this gem.
  89. Jan 16, 2013
    awesome game better than all the previous ones :) it has some proplems here and there but they are nothing to complain about becaust what game nowadays does not have proplems ? Skyrim had a lot of glithes and to 1 complained so yh :) try re6 u will love it if u have an open mind :) enjoy
  90. Jan 18, 2013
    for me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chaptersfor me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chapters (mostly leon's) until i got my fave abilities up to lvl3 and ****..

for me rent the game first. imo the shooting and the movement is better than RE5 and mercs is addicting. it has a meaty campaign and tonnes of hours of gameplay (if you're into shooting up monsters and ****)

give it a chance it might surprise you.
  91. Oct 5, 2012
    "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a"Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million Expand
  92. Nov 6, 2012
    Okay, let me start with the fact that I've played most Resident Evil Games, including RE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Zero, Outbreak 1-2, Code Veronica-X, Operation Raccoon City and the all new Resident Evil 6. Resident Evil is the longest franchise I've played. I started playing it since I was 7 years old. In other words.. I know Resident Evil very well and I love it. Its one of my favorite franchises,Okay, let me start with the fact that I've played most Resident Evil Games, including RE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Zero, Outbreak 1-2, Code Veronica-X, Operation Raccoon City and the all new Resident Evil 6. Resident Evil is the longest franchise I've played. I started playing it since I was 7 years old. In other words.. I know Resident Evil very well and I love it. Its one of my favorite franchises, if not my favorite. But getting to the point.. 11 years of my life, I've played every Resident Evil game that looks interesting and I've never been bored by a single game. Until I played this one..when I finished Leon's campaign I had to see the ending again because the first time I finished it I fell asleep. The game has too many unnecessary QTE's (Quick time events for those who don't know), The story line was dull and silly, Annoying slow motions, Outdated graphics, Not scary at all, Easy gameplay... etc, etc. I could point out flaws all day. It probably is one of the longest RE games ever made and it does have its cool moments but a long campaign doesn't justify boring gameplay. I just wish Capcom would pull their sh*t together and go back to the way they were. The direction they're taking with this game is not too good..and this is coming from a hardcore fan of the series. I even had more fun in Resident Evil 5 than all of the campaigns on RE6 combined and RE5 is not the best of the series in my personal opinion.. so that's just pretty sad. I wouldn't recommend this game to new comers of the series but if you're somewhat a huge fan of the series I guess you could rent it or borrow it from someone because this game is definitely not worth paying 60$. Expand
  93. Oct 4, 2012
    ok so i rented the game before buying after seeing gamespot review. i have to agree with gamestops review it was a horrible game. if it wasn't a cut scene it was a qte. now im not one of those RE fans that are stuck in the ps1 era, but they really just jumped the shark on this one. they tried to copy other games and they did it bad. I refuse to give capcom any of my money with thisok so i rented the game before buying after seeing gamespot review. i have to agree with gamestops review it was a horrible game. if it wasn't a cut scene it was a qte. now im not one of those RE fans that are stuck in the ps1 era, but they really just jumped the shark on this one. they tried to copy other games and they did it bad. I refuse to give capcom any of my money with this abomination they call a game. its not just a bad RE game its a bad game in general. makes operation Raccoon City look like RE4. Expand
  94. Oct 16, 2012
    I played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there isI played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there is excuse. For me the criticism of 5 should have been enough for Capcom to go back to the drawing board and make a game following some old conventions and mixing new to create a proper game and not just an interactive showcase which follows more the **** films than the previous excellent games. Storyline is there, characters are there and the monsters are there but this game misses the mark for me. Expand
  95. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this gameProduction values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  96. Oct 6, 2012
    I enjoyed this game from start to finish and I wasn't bothered by the controllers or the camera because in the camera they went all the way back to the classic by letting I see what behind u when running from something and also the QTE is what gets u in the game more focused than ever and move nd shoot was a huge installment to the series and it worked perfectly to die hard resident evilI enjoyed this game from start to finish and I wasn't bothered by the controllers or the camera because in the camera they went all the way back to the classic by letting I see what behind u when running from something and also the QTE is what gets u in the game more focused than ever and move nd shoot was a huge installment to the series and it worked perfectly to die hard resident evil fans I won't have one problem playing this great add on to the sequel but if ur just buying or just to play a game ur going to be confused ur going to get mad for the camera angle and control settings but that's y capcom stayed with there RE fans but lost many new comers because of it advanced controls but overall fo lr a RE fan from the start like me ur going to have a great time with this game :D Expand
  97. Oct 27, 2012
    I played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous drivingI played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous driving scenes, I will go back to this later as it deserves to be talked about thoroughly. Removing the merchant completely was a stupid idea. I actually liked being able to purchase and use different weapons in RE4 & RE5 as opposed to how it's set up now where, ok you get these weapons you get in this campaign and this is what you have to use. You really have no options and not every character gets a certain kind of weapon. I think Ada and Chris didn't get a magnum or something. The little perk system Capcom added was kind of pointless in a way but it did give you something to do with the removal of the shop menu. Just not as interesting to me. There are positives you can find in this game. The story is ok. Graphics are nice and I haven't seen any frame rate drops but occasionally you will see areas that just seem way too dark even if you have the brightness settings up all the way in the game - to combat this I had to change settings on my TV. I played through the three main campaigns via cooperatively and actually had fun. I can imagine this game might be a little boring playing solo. Cover system is pointless. Not once did I find myself ever having to go into cover even playing on Professional. It was just a way to make the RE series more like games like Uncharted or Gears of War but they failed miserably. As for the driving. Well it's bad. Real bad. I wasn't expecting a Gran Turismo or Forza but holy hell. You do it so much that it warrants being mentioned. Snow mobile scene for one why was it still over the shoulder? It threw me off completely because of how stupid it looked. As to trying to make an avalanche dramatic Capcom decided to make ground rise up for some reason - I did not know this was possible. It was ridiculous, dumb and downright pointless. Chris & Piers driving scene is the worst. The turret on the gun does not even damage any other enemy cars unless you are right next to them. Trying to keep up is difficult because the driving is so bad. This should not have been included into the game. Oh and Chris magically learning how to fly a jet? Get real Capcom. Don't go into this game expecting something epic, you'll be highly disappointed. Play RE6 expecting you may be disappointed and you should be fine. Expand
  98. Oct 11, 2012
    For an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't beFor an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't be doing much of this in Leon's campaign it's still a nice addition to have through the 4 campaigns. Creature design is better than all of resident evils combined. Campaign and Mercenaries are all fully co-op but the only issue is you cannot trade items. The health system has been redone as well. The have now changed to health tablets. A green herb gives you one tablet, 2 greens and you got 3 tablets, 3 greens or a green and a red will give you 6 tablets. Your health bar is now blocks that are replenished by taking a tablet. 1 tablet = 2 block. I will review each campaign separately starting with Leon's. Leon's campaign is worth the 60 dollars on its own. It's much better than the whole of resident evil 5 and challenges RE4 in specific categories. It's the classic Resident Evil experience. Zombies can mutate into fleshy sacks and others can spew toxic gas from there bodies. It's nice not having to shoot Las Plagas infected mongrels day in day out. Zombies can run, jump and sway to avoid attacks and try and take a bite out of your neck. Hand to hand combat is a nice experience with Leon (and others) being able to pull of satisfying finishers like stabbing bottles in the backs of zombies and them onto the ground. In short, it never gets old. Also I would like to add that moving and shooting is now in the game. I personally never used it but tried it. I works well its just that moving while aiming doesn't allow for accurate shots but whatever blows your hair back. Leons campaign is quite lengthy lasting a good 8 1/2 hours on my first play through (I beat RE5 in 6 hours on the first play through) There are also great set pieces ranging from shooting a Naked Spider Woman on a train track to fighting a Godzilla sized mutant fly. It's fun from start to finish. The areas are all interesting from flaming streets to underground caves and a zombie infested church. If the game was just Leon's campaign and mercenaries it would get a 9/10. Chris's campaign and Jakes campaigns are similar but have their distinctive differences. Chris's campaign is a mix of RE4 and 5. The enemies consists of j'avos that lurk around every corner. J'avos are infected people but they retain their intelligence. That means they are able to use guns and bombs and try to flank you. J'avos are able to mutate into stronger forms of them selves. For example shoot their head off and out comes a parasitic 2 headed monster that is able to chomp through steel. Shoot arms and out pops longer tentacle like organisms that attack you behind cover. There's a wide array of mutations. If you go blasting in like an action game you will quickly find yourself without ammo and using your knife to try and incapacitate your foes. Like Leon's campaign there are some pretty impressive set pieces like Shooting huge el gigante like creatures with absolutely disgusting mutilated faces and hunting down a invisible snake that eats your teammates one by one. It's also around 8 1/2 hours long and it's filled with great locations like Snowy European villages and neon filled Chinese downtown areas. The story is also interesting with the struggle between Chris and his inner demons as well as with his partner. Parts interweaves with Leon's campaign. Jakes campaign features the same enemies and some of the locations as Chris's but is still an enjoyable experience with again a nice story and some spectacular set pieces. In jakes campaign you are being chased by an invincible nemesis like creatures that stalks you as you make your way through the game. Chris's campaign would score a 9/10 but jakes would be a 8/10 because of the repeated enemies and repeated locations. Ada's campaign is more puzzle filled with interesting locations and new enemies and would score a 8.5/10. Mercenaries return with all new locations, characters and enemies. If you've played one mercenaries than you've played them all really. It's still however, a nice experience to play 2 players. I would score it a 8.7/10. To summarize this is without a doubt the best Resident Evil game and the sheer amount of content earns it a 10/10. Expand
  99. Oct 30, 2012
    Before I get into the game I want to talk about all the people on here dismissing other people's opinion's on here just because they're a "fan-boy." To dismiss someone's opinion based on the fact that they enjoyed the other Resident Evil games is the most inane argument of all time. It would be like if someone liked the new Star Wars movies, you didn't, and they gave you logical reasoningBefore I get into the game I want to talk about all the people on here dismissing other people's opinion's on here just because they're a "fan-boy." To dismiss someone's opinion based on the fact that they enjoyed the other Resident Evil games is the most inane argument of all time. It would be like if someone liked the new Star Wars movies, you didn't, and they gave you logical reasoning as to why they liked the movies and your retort is to call them "fan-boys." That's not logical, that's derogatory name calling for absolutely no reason what so ever. Also, to anyone reading this I want to tell you to never, ever take anyone's opinion over the internet too seriously, everyone on the internet acts like they're smarter than everyone else and there's always going to be someone who hates something. Anyway... For the game itself I actually haven't gone through the entire mode but a lot of people reviewing it on here haven't either. I've done Leon and Chris's and they're both pretty fun, Chris's does get kind of dull during the last boss fight because you're out of ammo and you're waiting for that **** Piers to kill the monster, which he doesn't (if anyone gets to that level get a friend to play with you because the AI sucks). I can definitely see why people would complain about Leon's story, its decently written but there's no time to really think because things are happening so fast. It seems to be explosion after explosion, the person that reviewed it on GameInformer compared it to a Michael Bay movie and I can see why. Leon's campaign is still fun though and there's never a dull moment. Aloana, or Helena, or whatever is pretty badass throughout the game too, and she has a nice ass. Chris's story is more grounded than Leon's allowing them to build up more of a story. The problem with it though is that its leading to this giant confrontation with this person, I won't tell who because people get pissy about spoilers, but the whole game leads up to you fighting this person and.... well let's just say you don't end up fighting them at the last level which I found kind of disappointing. I can see why people are complaining about the game on here but where there's movie snobs, there's game snobs and there's going to be people who complain about this for no more of a reason than, "Capcom sucks," and, "This is a bad action game." I personally find it very fun and not that its trying to be something its not, how could it be something its not when its a brand new game with a different mindset going to it? If you play on Veteran the games pretty fun and I've been enjoying it ever since I got it. Expand
  100. Oct 30, 2012
    I have really no idea why this game have a bad rating it is in fact another type of different gameplay, but for me it was really fun if you're really a resident evil fan you wouldn't complain and buy it and play it trust me if you expect this to be LEFT 4 DEAD or ZOMBIE MODE COD don't buy this game get out and go buy something else cause it is NOT. Of course it had some bad point but itI have really no idea why this game have a bad rating it is in fact another type of different gameplay, but for me it was really fun if you're really a resident evil fan you wouldn't complain and buy it and play it trust me if you expect this to be LEFT 4 DEAD or ZOMBIE MODE COD don't buy this game get out and go buy something else cause it is NOT. Of course it had some bad point but it was still enjoyable to play . Expand
  101. Oct 9, 2012
    I thought this game was good. Not as good as resident evil 4 but a lot better than resident evil 5. I dont know why people are throwing temper tantrums because this game didnt satisfy them, just shut up and play a different game then. You just assume your reviews will make a change when it wont because people will just see you as that kid that didnt get what he wanted so now hes throwing aI thought this game was good. Not as good as resident evil 4 but a lot better than resident evil 5. I dont know why people are throwing temper tantrums because this game didnt satisfy them, just shut up and play a different game then. You just assume your reviews will make a change when it wont because people will just see you as that kid that didnt get what he wanted so now hes throwing a fit. Kind of sad. But i thought this game was terrific. Its not a gears of war wannabe, resident evil 4 had behind the back action before gears of war even came out. Collapse

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.