5.3

1. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just said F***k it and bought the game anyway.

THE GOOD: Graphics are as good as any other big budget game on the market. Especially nice character models and lighting effects. Gameplay has stiff learning curve, but once you take the time to master it, it works mostly well. I especially like the melee animations and the dodging. Length is there. You have 3, 8 hour campaigns, one bonus campaign, 3 mercenary stages, and agent hunt. Sound and Music is very good especially during Leon's campaign. Leon's campaign is a highlight. Presentation is pretty good and story is a little more interesting than RE5. Animation is top notch for the characters and the enemies.

THE BAD: Poorly scripted events that can lead to a few unfair deaths. (This would be an easy fix Capcom, just prompt a dodge instead of just killing the player.) Too many quick time events (a few are fun ever so often to mix it up, but not this many!) Agent Hunt mode while a good idea is just not handled very well. I know zombies should be hard to control but not that hard! Fix the game matching while you are at it! Not enough Mercenary levels. Sometimes camera gets wonky. Level design on Chapter 1 Chris's campaign leaves something to be desired. Too many door opening sections.

THE UGLY:

All the enemies in the game! lol

RATINGS: Graphics 9, Gameplay 8, Length 9, Sound 9, Music 10, Camera 7, Story 7, Level Design 7, Fun factor 9. I hoped this helps!
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    The Best Resident Evil I Have Played leon campaign is the best for me. Chris campaign is The Same Resident Evil 5. Jake Campaign is Magnifico Plenty Of that I liked this game.!
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares
    and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting
    you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  5. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls, enemies who lose meat as they are shot. CHALLENGING, play it on Veteran and tell me you won't be saying, "Man, I need some ammo!!!" I could go on and on about how much fan service is in the game, Leon's first chapter ALONE is an entire reference to the beginning of Resident Evil 2. GO BUY THIS GAME!!! And I figure I'd squish some of the arguments people are having saying, "This isn't Resident Evil!" Resident "Gears of War" Evil? How can Resident Evil emulate Gears of War when Resident Evil 4 made the follow-3rd person camera popular, that influenced Gears of War? Go on Wikipedia and research it. "Chris' campaign is garbage, it's "Call of Duty!" Okay, Chris was an ex-military airforce man, was super into winning Marksmen contest, it makes SUPER sense and is in perfect line that Chris would be in a tank going right at Bioterrorism. At the end of TWO Resident Evils Chris proclaims either, "We need to take out Umbrella once and for all" while in a fighter jet or while in a helicopter, "To live in a world without fear? Yeah it's worth it." All the complaints with the wiggling of the joystick to get away from zombies, in Resident Evil 2 & 3, you had to CONSTANTLY hammer on the square button EVERY time a zombie bit you so you wouldn't lose too much life. I'm convinced that more than 80 percent of the negative reviews are people who hated the game before even playing it for long enough to even review it. And QTE were all over RE4! If you're on the fence and loved recently survival horror games such as Dead Space 1 & 2, you should really, really enjoy this game! Expand
  7. Oct 9, 2012
    I thought this game was good. Not as good as resident evil 4 but a lot better than resident evil 5. I dont know why people are throwing temper tantrums because this game didnt satisfy them, just shut up and play a different game then. You just assume your reviews will make a change when it wont because people will just see you as that kid that didnt get what he wanted so now hes throwing a fit. Kind of sad. But i thought this game was terrific. Its not a gears of war wannabe, resident evil 4 had behind the back action before gears of war even came out. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    resident evil 6 is the best game I ever played
    great graphics
    optimal gameplay
    Very good campaign
    capcom nice job
    this game is what I was looking for
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    Okay so here is the thing: If you grew up playing the resident evil games then this game will most likely be hated by you. I can understand why. With the last game Resident Evil 5, the genre took a complete change from survival horror to action. Its easy to understand why gamers who have been playing this series for years have been skeptical and often condescending of this game. But what it all comes down to is change. I personally haven't played that many resident evil games the only ones being 2, 5, 4, and now 6. Im not the biggest fan of RE but the change of gameplay while shocking at first has been ended up quite well with 6. Yeah it has a bit more of a GoW feel to it but that doesnt mean that its a bad game. What people are constantly doing is comparing this action game to its previous survival horror history. Which i dont think is really fair. It changed its tune. so what? look at it for what it is, not what it was. If you can do that ull love it. If not then don't waste your time Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    I Loved the Game, off course it's no longer a survival horror game, but they managed to do the best action-game of the year, it's awesome! Haters can keep hating, i loved the Game, and yes, i played all the Resident Evils from PSOne and PS2, and i don't hate RE6!
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    The reason there is so much dislike for this game is the same reason as resident evil 5, and the is comparing them to there predecessors, it is not re5 and it sure az hell is not re4 but it is its own. Its its own game with its own design, everyone needs to get off of there pedestal nd stop playing game critic and enjoy the game for what it is a fun great game 9
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to all these retarded trollers giving it bad scores probably without even having tried the game.. They just hate on the game because it's not their precious resi 1, 2 and 3.. Cry me a **** river, losers... The game is excellent! I have played through Leon's campaign and it was a lot of fun! The graphics are awesome, the story is excellent, dialogue is good, gameplay excellent. It's all i could have asked for and more imo! I loved Resident Evil 4, i loved Resident Evil 5, i loved Revelations and now i love Resident Evil 6! =) So don't listen to the haters, they are just crybabies with nothing better to do than write **** about this game rofl, i feel sorry for them =/ I really do.. Expand
  15. Oct 3, 2012
    LOLWUT?! Did i miss some sort of organized raid against this game? The amount of negative reviews is clearly some hardcore trollin'. This game is pretty good, they brought back scary elements and really overhauled the graphics and gameplay. I really had some truly terrifying moments, and some visceral action to top it off. This game isn't CoD, Gears of War, or any of the games people are comparing it to if you were looking for that go play one of those games. Expand
  16. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil, like all good things, has evolved as a series. To live is to change, and Resident Evil is alive and kicking because of such progress and transformation. But with all change comes controvercey, and people who would hate success and prefer stagnation suddenly come out in droves, attacking the evolution process, hoping to keep Resident Evil as the "cute baby" it once was; the loving child they remembered.

Well Sorry folks, but Resident Evil is all grown up, and shows the "zombie-world" in a way that it has never shown it before. Going down the "eclectic" route, Resident Evil depicts a zombie apocalypse, and how it would play out from different perspectives, all while not adhering to cliche archetypes. You have Leon's story, which shows how a zombie apocalypse would play in the closed in and over-populated city setting, where the condensed living spaces of everyone makes a zombie outbreak more dangerous than ever before, where the reality of the sheer number of the infected literally comes at you in droves. As Leon, the player pushes and shoves there way through crowded streets filled with the infected. Semi trucks, cars, and motorbikes are zooming all around past you in the havoc, crashing into buildings and other cars, sending them flying at you, all while causing mass destruction and blocking off entire sections of the street as you find for a way throughout the city. It is a not a far stretch to call it "hell on earth"

From Chris's campaign, it shows how a zombie apocalypse would play out from a government/military standpoint, and provides a nice change of pace from Leon's story. Yes, it is actiony, but that does not mean it's bad. People looking to compare RE6 to past resident evils will only hinder their own perspective and appreciation for this eclectic game.

Jake and Sherry's story is the more "romanticized/devil may cry aspect to the story. Jake (no spoilers) has some very super-enhanced reflexes and super-human strength (they explain it in the story), and thus can pull some really cool DMC/Matrix stunts. Yet his partner, Sherry, is nowhere near as enhanced as he is, relying more on technicality and "cool" gadgets to survive. Her Magnum "Elephant Killer", may very well possibly be able to kill an elephant in one hit. In this way, their gameplay mode is almost like two seperate stories depending on which character you play as. Sherry playing like an older Resident Evil title (similar to Leon), and Jake's playing out as if you were Wesker himself.

All of these campaigns are woven together with a very solid and versatile combat system, where you can combo between you and your partners, comically bouncing a foe back and forth between you and your partner like a volley ball, then finishing off with a decapitating roundhouse kick. You can even do what I would call "football" tactics: You and a formidable foe are facing each other down. He lunges at you. He raises his weapon, ready to attack. You press X to charge in, and smash into them like a freight truck, countering their would-be fatal attack. You can really feel the "weight" and the "impact" between each hit, or when being held down and struggling to throw a zombie off you. And then there are even counter moves. The possibilities allow your combat experience to branch out in so many different ways, and you will find yourself doing different things each playthrough (try playing on professional; you will find yourself being more resourceful with each death).

There are some scares, intentional and some not. But this isn't Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3. You're not helpless. It is frightening, but just like a real human, you will use everything around you you can to finish off the foe (not just stand there and shoot at the zombie with clunky controls). You will find Leon's story reliving a lot of past Resident Evil moments (such as the hoard of zombies breaking down a cage, and you having to find a way to escape before you are overwhelmed, puzzles in grandeur structures, mixed in with some of his greater RE4 moments), but none of them will ever feel too rehashed or forced.

Overall, this game is amazing, yet people cannot accept it as Resident Evil 6, and simply want to compare. If you want to have a good time, and continue on with the awesome and thrilling world of Resident Evil, then the 6th installment is a must. If you want to live in the past and limit yourself...then...well, you're missing out!
  17. Oct 5, 2012
    "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million Expand
  18. Oct 5, 2012
    Overall, this is a very solid action game. It is NOT a survival horror game, and if that's what you're expecting, you will be sorely disappointed. If you have a dedicated co-op partner to play with, this game is a must buy. Otherwise, rent it first to see if it's for you.
  19. Oct 5, 2012
    There are a lot of haters out there. I am having a blast with this game. I'm not sure what people have against it. Maybe it's to hard or to scary for them and this is how they choose to react. The Leon campaign alone felt like the closest experience to being held up in a store being attacked by zombies that I have ever had. People who complain that there's to many enemies need to learn how to play challenging games. How about the people who say "this isn't a survival horror game", well to you I say It hasn't been a survival horror game sense RE-2 because even at Nemesis it started to turn into a action game. But that's not a bad thing Resident Evil is evolving and there's a lot of people who really love the evolution of these games.
    I'm afraid with all the haters out there who cant complete a game if there's not a save point every 2 minutes keep talking bad about the game and hurt the sales, we wont see another RE game and will be stuck playing games where we just re-spawn for the rest of our lives. Don't believe the haters out there this game rocks and is the best thing to come out this year!
  20. Oct 5, 2012
    Brilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines the formula of Resident Evil 4 and 5 in a much bigger more diverse adventure. The controls have been streamlined well to make the action easier to manage and consequently the game throws more enemies at the player. There are nice improvements to melee combat and the inventory is the best yet for an RE game. Graphics and audio are very impressive (special mention must go to the lighting which is awesome) and it's packed with demented creatures! If you loved Resident Evil 4 and 5 you're going to love this.

the tradition
  21. Oct 4, 2012
    A mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox en campaña). Expand
  22. Oct 6, 2012
    I enjoyed this game from start to finish and I wasn't bothered by the controllers or the camera because in the camera they went all the way back to the classic by letting I see what behind u when running from something and also the QTE is what gets u in the game more focused than ever and move nd shoot was a huge installment to the series and it worked perfectly to die hard resident evil fans I won't have one problem playing this great add on to the sequel but if ur just buying or just to play a game ur going to be confused ur going to get mad for the camera angle and control settings but that's y capcom stayed with there RE fans but lost many new comers because of it advanced controls but overall fo lr a RE fan from the start like me ur going to have a great time with this game :D Expand
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    Giving this game 1-4 for a score is JUST RIDICULOUS. This game yes it is surely NOT a traditional resident evil game. It does have some identity issues but its still a GOOD ACTION GAME. Yes i know its not supposed to be an action-type game but thats ho capcom made this. and as an action game, its a good one SO STOP **** about it not being traditionally survival horror and JUST LIVE WITH what you got.
    Get over it.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    i love this game so much & fact is that i am happy with this game but i only played leon Campaign as far i like it but everyone giving out bad review i find this resident evil 6 better then 5 one that was crap this way better
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a awesome. First you'll notice the amazing graphics, it's so clear and crisp, and the colors, oh my the colors, there must be at least a million different shades of gray. The story is amazingly well written, full of twists and turns, at times it feels like you're watching a Hollywood movie and not just playing a video game. Only at the end did i figure out the villains motivations weren't some generic desires of world domination, no, she was just mad at her boyfriend who cloned her using some other woman's DNA because he couldn't love her for what she was. This is very deep stuff guys, and i think many of us can relate to this story. The gameplay is the best yet, gone are the tank controls and stiffness of previous RE titles, instead we get a lot of new gameplay options, the greatest of which is the melee combat. Capcom, the minds behind the Street Fighter series, decided to do another crossover after SFxTekken, finally allowing you to punch and kick enemies to death with the new, so called ZWA system (Zombie Wrestle Mania). All in all, it's a great game, a day one purchase for sure, in fact, like one user already made a suggestion, if you can spare the cash buy two copies, it will show Capcom your appreciation of their hard work invested in this game and motivate them to start making RE7 as soon as possible. I have only two wishes for RE7, melee moves should combo better and charge up the hyper combo bar, unleashing a devastating special move specific to each character once charged. Also, kill streaks with guns should grant rewards starting at 10 kills, like infinite ammo, increased damage, missile attacks, hell, maybe even a remote controlled nuke. These two additions could have made RE6 a perfect game, but don't be discouraged Capcom, there's always next time, this time you will have to settle with just a 9 out of 10 from me. Expand
  26. Oct 3, 2012
    An honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a bad thing. Can't keep doing the same thing over and over with slight revisions. I think the type of game that 1 and 4 were are great games and definitely the best in the series but 6 is an awesome game and if you are a true fan of Resident Evil, this will not disappoint. I simply do not see how it could unless we just have the occasional or bandwagon fans jumping on here hoping for a another game like 4 and giving this game a $heet score because it didn't live up to what they consider resident evil should be. I give this game a solid 8.5 but going 10 to try and counteract all the negative reviews. You people are lame. No way any game besides the worst videogame ever made deserves anything as low as a 0. Even a 4 or a 5 would be completely ridiculous. You eff up the whole point of metacritic. Expand
  27. Oct 4, 2012
    This is a good title, I don't care about the low scores people with Nostalgia syndrome give it, but it's definitely a better game than RE5. It's having fun that matters.
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    Stalin ordered us to try this game. The game is DISGUSTING. Capcom totally lost it's talent in making good, interesting games. Anyway, we (communists and Stalin, as the leader) continue fighting for justice, until Sony leave Kuril Islands alone. We warned you.
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    10 from me. It's not perfect, but since people who don't like it aren't fair, I won't be either. The game is fun. The story is gripping. Get over it it, there's quick time events. Get over it, it's not pure horror anymore. Get over it, the controls aren't great... they've NEVER been great.
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    I didn't even play the game (definitely going to though) but I give this a 10 because of all the unfair negativity this game receives. Bunch of damn sheep. Surely it can't be that bad?
  31. Oct 4, 2012
    I am actually really impressed with this game. It definitely feels like a Resident Evil game. Yes, you can move (slightly) while you aim, but it still the methodical gameplay of previous games in the series. The action is intense, smooth, and there's some great creep out moments. The combat is familiar but fresh- with necessary variation in weapon tactics for different enemies, you're utilizing your arsenal seamlessly (I'm actually using grenades). The inventory system works much better than previous games- you can combine and equip your herbs quickly. So far, I've found that each level mixes up the formula up a bit, and there's some interesting and tricky puzzle elements throughout (that actually remind me of some of the puzzles in RE4). Co-op is fun and well implemented- but the intro to the game was confusing! I wanted my buddy to jump in, but you've got to play through the intro tutorial before someone else can join in. That has been my only quam with the game so far.

The deplorably negative reviews here are misleading, and I think time will tell that a lot of people really like this game.
  32. Oct 5, 2012
    Fantastic Game. It is a clear example of natural evolution. You have to remember that originally the outbreaks were localized in small villages and hidden mansions. The virus outbreak was ALWAYS going to go global. This is why the setting makes complete sense to me. I really feel that the world is ending and it fits right in with Umbrellas plans and attitude. Also the game seems harder to me and that is just amazing. Its not necessarily about "the harder the better". Its about finding a balance between a sense of realism and player experience and RE6 does it wonderfully. You get the sense that it is all coming down around you but without the frustration that can come with overwhelming enemies. Game-play Mechanics: Firstly: Shoulder Swap. I cannot understand the logic of developers who don't allow shoulder swap. Any 3rd person shooter that doesn't allow shoulder swap is lazy, short sighted and if you can't even do a small thing like shoulder swap how can I expect you to create a decent game-play experience? Raccoon City, Uncharted 2-3, Dead Space 1-2, Spec OPs the list goes on. WE ARE NOT ALL F**KING RIGHT HANDED YOU LAZY F**KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Resident Evil for evolving and including permanent Shoulder Swap. Furthermore RE6 allows left-handlers to switch analog sticks. Think of it like key-binding but for consoles. In fact RE6 allows you multiple options to cater for your game-play styles. RE6 winning. Secondly: Quick shot .

This simple mechanic allows dynamic game-play moments allowing you to react faster without having to aim with the Right Stick. It resolves claustrophobia issues that arise when you are in close combat areas or when you become overwhelmed by zombies and also allows you to link together gun-play and close quarters combat against enemies. Again. RE6 Winning. HUD and the Unique. While the HUD isn't groundbreaking it does tell me somethings. That the developers put some thought into each character and their campaigns. Now a lazy company would have reused the same HUD for each character and instead of creating 4 separate campaigns they wold have had one campaign and then given you the option to play the same campaign but with different character models. RE6 doesn't do this which is why it is amazing. They actually give you 4 separate campaigns and even though they do overlap they are unique enough to say that each is its own. Its a measure of how much thought went into the game. They used their heads. They evolved. It is attention to detail. And a logically evolution of the storyline. Also, the HUD is wonderfully simple and easy to navigate. And gives you all the options in-game as opposed to games that don't include their options in-game. Players always want to change things on the fly not exit out to the F**KING menu just to change camera speed. Once again RE6 wins. Simply allowing you to switch shoulder was enough for me to love this game. It told me that the simply things mattered to the developers and that they were willing to allow gamers to play the game they way they wanted instead of the rigid dictatorships of games like dead-space and uncharted with their "only right-shoulder" mentality. My only gripes is that you can't toggle the torch and that it isn't powerful enough. And that you can't purchase skills in-game. Oh and no Sheva. I haven't finished the game completely yet so maybe she will turn up but I liked her tbh so here's hoping. All in all this game isn't much different from RE4 or RE5. RE4 had plenty of shooting action as did RE5. I think the thing that people don't like is the idea that the setting is no longer constrained to a simple village or mansion. But things have to evolve. RE6 has in many ways but they are such small simple things that most people wouldn't even realize it. RE6 10/10

I will admit that maybe the game isn't as scary but I doubt most people would be able to tell. When the original came out back in the day we weren't used to it. Now we have so many games trying to scare that I'm so desensitized I doubt I will have those experiences ever again. In no way is it RE fault that I grew up.
  33. Oct 30, 2012
    Ok, this is Resident Evil 6, and it's 2012.
    So it's perfectly natural that many aspects of the game may have changed from the first Biohazard game, back in the '90s.
    I can't really understand the gameplay complains, it would be ridicolous to still have the stationary point and fire system or the first RE, the world has evolved and so the characters, now they are fully prepared to fight
    BOWs, in any possible way.
    Now they can aim and fire while walking, they can leap and fire from the ground, and finally the hand to hand combat is effective (and fun!).
    Play this game in co-op with a friend and eveything will turn into pure gold.
    Every campaign is totally different from the other, from good old survival horror (Leon) to a full head on TPS (Chris), this is Resident Evil for the 2012, and it works!
    If you are not happy with it, you can always play the old ones on your PSP or Vita.
    They are out there for you to grab.
    In RE6 the graphics are amazing, the sound is pulse pounding and the gameplay in fast and challenging, you will never have time to catch breath.
    Don't be haters, just enjoy this gem.
  34. Jan 16, 2013
    awesome game better than all the previous ones :) it has some proplems here and there but they are nothing to complain about becaust what game nowadays does not have proplems ? Skyrim had a lot of glithes and to 1 complained so yh :) try re6 u will love it if u have an open mind :) enjoy
  35. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  36. Oct 31, 2012
    Resident Evil continues it's journey toward mainstream action adventure lands. Stop your pathetic weeping diehard Resi fans, nothing stays the same forever, and this is a very good game.
  37. Oct 3, 2012
    Damn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I recommend this game highly Expand
  38. Oct 30, 2012
    WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds! Controls:works perfectly unless you never played a game before..or just trolling this game which people are! Story:simply put...your getting 4 great games for the price of one? Each character's story last about 7-8hours with their own ending! Also, each character's story ties into the other characters story which is brilliant!! People say its not resident evil any more lets compare games shall we? Leon story plays like re2 & re4...remember runing through zombie filled streets of re2..buildings on fire & recked cars? thats in leon story! Remember that huge water monster in re4 that you fight in a boat? yea leon & helena fight a similar monster! remember going in the mines & riding a cart in re4 yup leon story has it only theres a naked lady trying to kill you lol..god i hate trolls! chris story is a better version of re5 with some intense fights! remember the snake from re1? Its back with a nice surprise,you even fight it while crawling though a long & narrow tunnel(sounds like survival horror to me trolls) Remember that annoyingly scary guy chasing you in re3 as if you forced him to watch as you raped his mom? well if nemesis had a baby with the hulk & injected it with super sayain DNA...& fed it steriods you have that unholy union of carnage chasing you in jakes story! (jake & sherry story is the best to me) & Ada is a clever mix of re1 & re4! She has the most Terrifying moment in the game..what the trolls failed to mention since they obviously never played the game to completion is on adas story when she has to escape the boat..she is chased by a huge sludge like monster which pretty scary when playing in the dark!!the enemies are the best in any resident evil game! zombies can leap at you from 20feet away or shed their skin & turn into blood thirsty manics,shoot an arm & it mutates it into a sheild! Shoot the legs & it mutates leg armor! 7Foot tall fat zombies? hell yea! chris has an entirely different enemy to fight! These aren't zombies..their j'avo..smart,attack in groups,flank,& use guns chris has the hardest regular enimies to fight!Gameplay: vastly upgraded..you can roll,slide,lay prone & crawl or lay & shoot & hand to hand combat..ANY MEANS NECESSARY TO SURVIVAL YOU IGNORANT TROLLS! I also like how the upgrade system has been revamped making your choices matter when you engage your enemies..you can even switch skills during the game without waiting luke in re4 & re5!Now the bad:Camera..fixed through the patch as of this review so no complaints on that! Cheap deaths! prepare yoyrself as this game kills you unfairly with some qte scences..its not the scence exactly but the lack of time allowed to succeed,you have like 2seconds to react..like when jake is chased by the tank you will die the moment the scence ends & gameplay begins or when you fight the chainsaw guy on the track wuth ada & the train comes...prepare to due at least three times! but thats about it! trolls say its not scary but complain the game is to dark...YOU POOR DELUDED TROLLS..BEING IN DARK PLACES WHILE NOT SEEING YOUR ATTACKER IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF FEAR..foolish bitter trolls! This game isnt for noobs either..the enemies are relentless & everyone who says they never ran out of ammo are 100% liars! What the trolls failed to mention is..you can turn on infinite ammo from the start but if your like me then leave it off & i promise you might reconsider turning it on as ammo is sparse especially in chris story. Mercenaries Returns which is good so you & a friend can enjoy that or you can team up in the story & even play up to 4 players in story mode! bottom line..leon story= survival horror jake story=survival horror Ada story=survival horror and chris story=action survival horror! IF YOU HATE CHANGE THEN STICK WITH CALL OF DUTY AS THAT CRAPPY 12 YEAR OLD NOOB FILLED GAME WILL NEVER CHANGE! Games must EVOLVE & RESIDENT EVIL HAS EVOLVED IN A GOOD WAY(excluding re5)It easily rivals the gamecube remake as best resident evil game so far & thats still my favorite of the series....i just dont understand gamers these days...we complain when games dont change or evolve(cod) but still buy it in droves ensuring another crappy version with LESS IMPROVEMENT OVER THE PREVIOUS VERSION but hate another game when it changes in a good way,adds more content,better story,improved gameplay mechanics& hepls move the industry forward! Trolls dont see that the video game industry is dead..soon ALL GAMES WILL BE LIKE CALL OF DUTY...A YEARLY RELEASE OF REHASHED CRAP WITH TWEAKED GAMEPLAY!!GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY TROLLS & LEAVE GROWN UP GAMES TO THE ADULTS...9/10 Expand
  39. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I
    played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  40. Nov 5, 2012
    The fact that this amazing game has low user reviews proves there are fans that are mad the game isn't scary. And it's true, it isn't all that scary, but if you take Resident Evil 6 for what it is, you will find a great action horror title. The gameplay is what a lot are playing for, and it's fun. Manuel dodging and jumping around makes you feel awesome. The shooting is fun, and when you work out the dodging and shooting, you will think you're in a John Woo film, which is always cool.

The story is pretty good too. All campaigns seem like the same amount of time was used to create the best possible endings for each (Although I think Leon's campaign was a little more thought out than the rest, but come on, it's Leon's return to Resident Evil). Jake's campaign I guess of all, is the worst. His just comes across as mediocre since so many campaigns were made, and Jake is a new character that doesn't get as much exploration as the other 3 returning characters. Still, not to say his isn't fun, because his has some very satisfying encounters. The 4 campaigns are lengthy, and the collectibles in each provide a reason to re-play the campaigns as they unlock secrets to the campaigns you may not know at first. The multiplayer mode called Agent Hunt is pretty neat too. You get to play as the creatures in the many campaigns the game has. When you have enough money to buy upgrades for your creature, you become stronger alone, but if you group up with other players/computers, and add some power-ups, you can take down humans pretty easy. Resident Evil.net is also a free fun stat tracker. Here you can see all you have done, add site buddy's for players you play with often, and unlock exclusive content by logging into it everyday and and earning different accomplishments. I hope Capcom adds more things to unlock as well in the future, but as of now, there is plenty to unlock.

Overall, the game is a very fun Resident Evil game, and I can't say the horror being removed made it any less satisfying for me. The only problems I have are #1 the help camera gets in the way when a partner goes down, and #2 the creatures can attack before you even get up from recovering if your partner doesn't give you herbs. A problem sometimes. There may be other problems, but none too big for me to notice. It's also good to know Capcom will release an update that is releasing in mid December, that will add a new camera, difficulty and a co-op partner for Ada's campaign, which as of release, is strictly single player. All of this added for free.
  41. Oct 5, 2012
  42. Oct 5, 2012
  43. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, I don't understand the level of disapproval this game is receiving. Personally I loved it. But I suppose it's completely possible I just have bad tastes. There seem to be a ton of complaints about it's controls, but aside from having to deal with a couple unhelpful or distracting camera shifts, primarily in run away events like those in the Chris & Piers campaign I felt they worked just fine. I adjusted to using them pretty easily. Using cover wasn't always the most fluid of maneuvers, but that's really only a concern for the Chris campaign where mass enemy weapons fire is a regularity. As for the horror aspect it's a bit more prevalent in Leon's campaign and Ada's than the rest, sure. But there are several campaign's for you to choose from that prompt a need for somewhat different styles of play. Is that really problematic? Each campaign is fairly extensive covering 5 chapters each of which are reasonably long. If all you're looking for are jump scares, then I can understand your disappointment, not so much your desire for them though. People keep complaining it removes the survival aspect, but I have to ask, how so? You're constantly in danger and under attack so there's an obvious threat to your life. The only thing I can think of concerning the decrease in urgency of survival would be the inclusion of auto-saves versus the old fashioned find a type-writer saves. There does seem to be a large number of QTE's but not so much I felt like it had become it issue. That could be a matter of personal view on how many is too many though. My only complaint would be the unfortunate character death. But that's just because I liked the character, not necessarily that it was a bad narrative choice. I think the graphics are good, musical score is good, and I enjoyed the story. Whether you like it or not is probably a personal preference, but there /is/ a demo available that you could try before purchasing the game. I enjoy being able to play co-op. I love the idea of intersecting campaigns and being able to play with 4 people in a single match. The Agent Hunt extra game sounds fun, like a cool idea. Haven't had too much experience with it though, just a few matches and feel it maybe use some working on. Need to play a bit more to really decide though. Overall I loved the game. So I'm giving it 9/10. Expand
  44. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people that actually tried the game have actually liked it very much, aside from reviewers and OLD fans. I just don't see anything wrong with it. All the people I know that have played it also love it. People who are on the face or afraid to get the game due to the negative reception should just get the game and try it out for themselves, since all the negative reviews seem extremely bias and against any form of innovation in the series. The scare factor, that many claim is gone, is still very much there in the game. In one campaign alone, there are a lot of things popping out of nowhere to attack you without warning. Expand
  45. Oct 20, 2012
    in the begining i tought that the game will be lame, but after play Leons campaign, i'm amazed, Crhis camapgn is very funny too, the purists are hating the game because is not survival horror more but the game is an awesome action game , and must be played for fans
  46. Oct 4, 2012
    Brilliant game!!!!
    The story was awesome and I'm looking forward to the next game.
    This game was WAAAAY better than Resident Evil 5
    So much smoother controller than before.
  47. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  48. Oct 7, 2012
    I really don't understand why this game is being so hated. I play resident evil since the third, and this is by far the best one for me, it brings all of the good things of the other resident evils, with a better gameplay, a awesome story and lot of the best characters of the series.
  49. Oct 5, 2012
    unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Expand
  50. Oct 6, 2012
    I really don't understand all the negativity going on with this game. Every new RE game people come saying how "this game is not Resident evil anymore"... Well, I got in touch with the series in RE4 and since then I've loved the games and they ARE the Resident evil games i.m.o. RE6 is not the terrible game the critics have been saying, I miss sometimes the atmosphere o RE4, but the game looks gorgeous (except for minor moments when you aim to shoot and the camera gets close to you character, he/she gets blurry)... But the environments are beautiful, the story is good, the characters we've been missing are back and YES, there are a few terror moments. It is a great and big game, totally worthy your money and time waiting.

Plus: Finally the melee attack is something you can actually use and a lot!
  51. Oct 6, 2012
    I don't understand what people are complaining about, I think this game was amazing, the graphics were top quality, the storyline was interesting and kept you wanting more, then gameplay was fantastic, the controls were easy to use and great, the characters had personalities that made feel like you knew them and there was so much more you could do that you couldn't in the previous games (sprint, crawl, run from monsters etc) in my opinion it was a fantastic game and the best in the series and is a must buy. Expand
  52. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop the **** on saying its bad cuz its not! Expand
  53. Oct 7, 2012
    Exelent game, much better than Residnt evil 5.
    I just dont understand the bad scores given by almost new users, 1 time reviewers, just like me.
    Anyone whith an avarage inteligence will see whats behind this
    Just one description for this game.

The survivor Horror is back.
  54. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is indispensable for fans. It has a great balance between tension and action. Fluid gameplay, good graphics, sounds exceptional, captivating storyline and lots of fun.
  55. Oct 30, 2012
    the best resident evil unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of these "critics" even haven't playe Expand
  56. Nov 28, 2012
    Just a quick one...Resident Evil has moved into a new direction. Deal with it. If you stop comparing it to past games, you may enjoy it. Treat it as an individual piece and you'll like it. As i said with Resident Evil 5, The scares usually disappear when it stops becoming YOUR problem, and becomes more world wide, which is where the virus has spread to...all over the globe, people are feeling the effects of the virus, so it's no longer JUST YOU, .. I love this game. And to all the trolls...Thanks for giving it such bad feedback, as it led to me getting it on the cheap. Lots of negative reviews = Price drop! So, please carry on...If you could just go and troll 'Far Cry 3' for a while i'd be greatful...Thanks! Expand
  57. Oct 23, 2012
    In my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheap some of the deaths in this game are. While all of the campaigns have their fair share of cheap deaths. I find that Jake and Ada's campaigns suffer from this the most, but I feel that all the things that were done right in their campaigns overshadows the cheap deaths. Content wise, I think Capcom did a good job of loading content into the game as far as the campaign is concerned, but I do think that they should 've added more Mercenaries maps. Now I know that there will very likely be more maps added to the game via DLC, but it bugs me that RE5 had 3 maps that came with the original game, while RE6 only has 3 maps that came with original game. I just wish Capcom could have been a little less cheap and just gave us a couple of more maps because the lack of content for Mercenaries mode is pretty astounding compared to RE5. Overall though, I think Resident Evil 6 is very good edition to the Resident Evil series. It may not be as good as 2 or 4, but I think it still deserves recognition.

P.S I cannot find anyone on PSN to play this game with, so if anyone here has the game on PS3 my account is Chaz81196. If you add me I'd be more than happy to play RE6 with you.
  58. Nov 5, 2012
    I see the trolls are out in full force like usual. Is this game the same as it was ten years ago? No, I guess not- too bad nobody actually reviews the actual game they're playing these days.

The game is tough, is full of zombies, is not nearly as nice with herbs or ammo as 4 and 5 were, and zombies take multiple headshots to kill even on lower difficulties. Play on a higher difficulty
    and with the screen brightness where the game suggests- and you'll spend a lot of the game creeping forward praying you don't get mauled, or even running away from swarms when your ammo runs low. The game is considerably more survival oriented than 4 and 5 were as a result.

As many have said, it mixes action, survival horror and shooter- so for those hoping the game would just be one thing they'll be disappointed to find this isn't RE2 or Silent Hill. You also have to be much more careful than in RE4 and 5, while also not getting the luxury of time those games offered to search for treasure in all areas.

With three moderately sized adventures, you end up with a longer game as well. Of course, if you're a die hard hater of action games this probably won't be your Resident Evil. I wouldn't say this is the best in the series, but it definitely is far better than most of the people giving it 0s on the day it came out before they even tried it are saying.
  59. Jan 30, 2013
    Loving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved every minute thus far. What makes a great game to me - can you not wait to get home to play it? I can't wait to play this game, enthralled by it! Expand
  60. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  61. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

62. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996.
    These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut. Expand
  63. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  64. Oct 5, 2012
    There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million, the highest ever for a Capcom game. Collapse
  65. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meet their highest expectations. Expand
  66. Oct 5, 2012
    This game not bad at all... except the aim .... but they will fix it... the game is fun... I enjoy it much.... also the mercenaries mode... don't know why people trolling the review
  67. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 - отличная игра! Она стоит своих денег! Да, это уже не та игра, что была раньше. Просто она эволюционирует, развивается и не стоит на месте. И Это правильно! Expand
  68. Oct 8, 2012
    You know why you don't find RE scary anymore? Cus ur not **** 9 years old anymore! Ever since Re4, the series has been moving towards a more fluid action oriented style. In part 4 you could suplex and DDT your opponents! If that's not action oriented then Idk what is. In fact I'm a hardcore devil may cry and God of war fan, as action oriented as those games are, I can assure you that you don't have the satisfying ability to suplex enemiesin those games. That is just ONE simple example. RE6 is more of what part 4 and 5 were, and they even brought back campaign selection which is a feature that has been absent since re2. yes this game is action oriented. Get over it. If you don't like it, you can go back to 1996 and push crates around and discard keys, Cus that was oh so bad ass! Expand
  69. Oct 30, 2012
    Before I get into the game I want to talk about all the people on here dismissing other people's opinion's on here just because they're a "fan-boy." To dismiss someone's opinion based on the fact that they enjoyed the other Resident Evil games is the most inane argument of all time. It would be like if someone liked the new Star Wars movies, you didn't, and they gave you logical reasoning as to why they liked the movies and your retort is to call them "fan-boys." That's not logical, that's derogatory name calling for absolutely no reason what so ever. Also, to anyone reading this I want to tell you to never, ever take anyone's opinion over the internet too seriously, everyone on the internet acts like they're smarter than everyone else and there's always going to be someone who hates something. Anyway... For the game itself I actually haven't gone through the entire mode but a lot of people reviewing it on here haven't either. I've done Leon and Chris's and they're both pretty fun, Chris's does get kind of dull during the last boss fight because you're out of ammo and you're waiting for that **** Piers to kill the monster, which he doesn't (if anyone gets to that level get a friend to play with you because the AI sucks). I can definitely see why people would complain about Leon's story, its decently written but there's no time to really think because things are happening so fast. It seems to be explosion after explosion, the person that reviewed it on GameInformer compared it to a Michael Bay movie and I can see why. Leon's campaign is still fun though and there's never a dull moment. Aloana, or Helena, or whatever is pretty badass throughout the game too, and she has a nice ass. Chris's story is more grounded than Leon's allowing them to build up more of a story. The problem with it though is that its leading to this giant confrontation with this person, I won't tell who because people get pissy about spoilers, but the whole game leads up to you fighting this person and.... well let's just say you don't end up fighting them at the last level which I found kind of disappointing. I can see why people are complaining about the game on here but where there's movie snobs, there's game snobs and there's going to be people who complain about this for no more of a reason than, "Capcom sucks," and, "This is a bad action game." I personally find it very fun and not that its trying to be something its not, how could it be something its not when its a brand new game with a different mindset going to it? If you play on Veteran the games pretty fun and I've been enjoying it ever since I got it. Expand
  70. Oct 30, 2012
    I have really no idea why this game have a bad rating it is in fact another type of different gameplay, but for me it was really fun if you're really a resident evil fan you wouldn't complain and buy it and play it trust me if you expect this to be LEFT 4 DEAD or ZOMBIE MODE COD don't buy this game get out and go buy something else cause it is NOT. Of course it had some bad point but it was still enjoyable to play . Expand
  71. Nov 2, 2012
    I really love how everyone hates this masterpiece, they just lower the scores to 0 to justify the fact that they don't like what Capcom made with the series. If YOU wanted the original zombies to continue, you shouldn't have rated RE4 high nor RE5. But I loved those, and this game marked the rebirth of old school zombie shooting. But what people really complain about is the new marvelous system, that is actually far superior from the previous titles, after all YOU also called the run and gun system a must have in the series... Gamers all over the world were given just what they asked, and I am fully pleased of what this game came out, and I am really happy to know that the other half of the gaming community agrees with me when I said RE6 is the best game in the series in every single aspect. Expand
  72. Mar 9, 2013
    The game is fun and awesome the problems i had with it is that there is no single player dlc. The plot is good with great plot twists but it could have been better. The voice acting and sound are fantastic and the graphics are great. Ps.Sorry for my bad english
  73. Oct 15, 2012
    Why do people have graded this game so bad? Each campaign has a different game play which makes it interesting but they all end up being part of the same story. I highly recommend it!
  74. Oct 14, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.
    I am a huge fan of the series. I played the original games back on the PS1, loved the new take when RE4 came out and am thrilled to see where RE6 has taken things.

There are THREE seperate campaigns to play through! Each of them has a very different flavour. How critics can say the game isn't scary is beyond me.
    The Leon chapter harks back to the very first RE games and does a brilliant job of modernising things.

Chris's campagn is more action packed - much like RE 5. The boss battles are sublime and the creature variation is phenominal.

The game is hard though. Ammo is scarce so you still need to manage this wisely. The addition of improved mele combat is welcomed also.

On top of this - if you turn ON agent hunt (should be on by default) you can up the fear factor by knowing that any one of the enemies in your game can at any point be taken over by a real human being online who is out for your blood. This adds an incredibly tense feeling to the entire playthrough.
  75. Feb 19, 2013
    Don't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy where everything that has happened comes together story-wise. Graphics are nice, Sound design is mostly okey, music is good, and art is mighty fine. Finally Resident Evil has controls updated from mid-90s to 2010s, and you're not in a tank mode anymore which kind of sucked in previous games in this series. Imho fixed controls made this game way more fun to play than any of the previous games in the series. And for the fixed controls and everything else I'm giving the 9 it deserves. Considering that it has some issues with scripted events and certain fixed camera angles which didn't really work that well... I probably should stamp a solid 7 or 8 on top of it. And yes, it's true that the controls, the story, the enemy design, and the situations you get to make this game more action oriented game which has a horror theme on top of it. It's not solely about survival horror despite it having a survival horror segment in it when you play as Leon and shoot zombies. The game probably gives you few scares but other than that it's more about horror themed action game. Something Resident Evil (Biohazard) series has always done the best. And it's just that the name for this game is wrong. If it was called anything else than "Resident Evil" it would have not probably gotten all this trolling and hate going on for it. I personally think the Japanese name "Biohazard" is more suitable name for the series and should be called Biohazard since it's logical name for the game and themes and story are all essentially about "biohazard(s)". Expand
  76. Nov 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls work well, and the story is classic Resident Evil lore. So grab a buddy and enjoy an action-packed title puts you through some absolutely crazy stunts. Bottom line, who doesn't enjoy taking on a zombie horde? Expand
  77. Oct 18, 2012
    I liked the game, to all the people who think it wasn't survival horror have you tried upping the difficulty... I know I did and man did it get scary when you have no herbs, 5 bullets, and some dogs jump in through a window.
    I loved all the bosses too... some were really quite hard even on lower difficulty settings.
  78. Oct 11, 2012
    This game came out not at the right moment, people are not ready for such quick jump forwards. This game game must be fully digital, with downloadable campaings, like 4 episodes, and with number 7 in title or better without it. For 6th resident evil its just to much changes for players to take.
  79. Oct 14, 2012
    To be continued: 7. Too many QTEs 8. The camera is bad 9. The checkpoint system sucks Here are my answers to those complaints: 7. Sure there are alot of QTE's but this shouldnt be anything new either, RE has had QTE's for 7 years now, remember the QTE knife battle with Krauser in RE4? Remember how many times you died because you couldnt react fast enough and you got stabbed and had to start the whole scene all over again? At least the QTE's of this game arent like that, some are really frustrating but mostly the QTE's are quite easy to pull off so stop acting like this was something new or that it makes the game horrible! There are tons of other games with a lot of QTEs out there!

8. When you aim with your gun, the character covers a huge area of the screen, it didn't bother me but it seems like it bothered pretty many, okay once again, this IS a Resident Evil game! and the camera is like that because you never know whats behind you, this makes the game more intense and difficult, and is another one of those classic RE elements.

9. Remember the old REs where you were fighting the final boss without having saved even once and died, and had to start the WHOLE DAMN GAME all over again, or you just hadnt saved for a while and died and you were thrown back an hour or 2? The checkpoint system didnt cause any trouble to me but it seems like it did to some, but hey YET again this is Resident Evil game we are talking about here! some people used to complain about the screentearing that was present in the demo (LOL) and its not in the final game and I dont see anyone saying "at least Capcom fixed the screentearing" which proves youre all blinded by your senseless hate!

So there, I think RE6 was a great game and definitely worth the Resident Evil title!
  80. Oct 15, 2012
    It's a MODERN Resident Evil, are you listening, OLD fans? Do you wanna classic gameplay - playing on PSOne (or buying in PSN)! I'm not regret - all i wanted, i got it!
  81. Oct 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't really see what all the complaining is about. When Resident Evil 4 came out with an entire new modern concept of the Resident Evil games I was quite happy actually. The 3rd person view creates a more suspense type atmosphere, taking away the knowledge of whats behind you. Which in several cases has gotten me killed (^^;) but more or less I still enjoy it. The 4 Campaigns. YES 4, brings a whole new concept in each one, Leon's campaign sticking to the original zombies as back in Raccoon City when he was a rookie cop. Chris's taking on the role that brought the more action pack concept out. The same style that was used in Resident Evil 5. (Which I enjoyed to a full extent.). Jake is more of a Resident Evil 3 running away from Nemesis type of thing. Even though I found this a bit, worn out? Due to the fact Jill had to do the same thing in 3. But regardless it scared the living daylights out of me. The hiding around can get annoying though if your completely dumbfounded as on what to actually do. Ada's (The campaign you unlock after doing the other 3.) Is sort of similar to the Separate Ways extra content in Resident Evil 4. Being a Single player only (Excluding the Story intersections) I found her stealth like campaign very entertaining. During the 3 campaign's which is to make you think incredibly bad of Ada. You find out the real story after playing Her campaign. The Skill point system which is there to make it easier to get through your game, and harder at the same time. Unlockables aren't as easy to get now. Such as Infinite Ammo. Which makes a lengthy duration of the game entirely. The mercenaries mode bringing out. Leon, Chris, Jake, and Ada (After you beat her campaign of course) Along with 4 Other unlockable characters as this was in the previous games. But also there is a separate skill setting for Mercenaries too making it easier and more enjoyable to play. Taking on more damage during the time you play as well... (A LOT more damage. Trust me I've Experienced it.) It makes everything more enjoyable. The New Agent Hunt setting is extremely interesting as well. The fact of the matter you can intercept a player's game playing as one of the many B.O.W.s trying to stop them in their mission gives quite a scare to me now knowing another player can be controlling the enemies I fight. All in all Resident Evil 6 I find to be an incredibly fun game with no intention of calling it bad. Some concepts in the story are rather confusing. Ada's campaign being the most interesting in my opinion. Chris's probably being the most Drama inflicted as well. While others are just excitement. The story is good. Some things in the game CAN make better sense if it was well thought out. But its nothing to fret over. The game is HIGHLY enjoyable to me. I recommend buying it. Mostly from the Reviews I can see mainly people were upset with the fact it was not actually under the Horror Category anymore. I don't want to seem in appropriate but, please just move up with the time. This is a modern age. Things change, I've learned to adapt to the Resident Evil change and not any doubt or anger for the change in the series. If you continue to want to stick to the classics just buy them so you can play them on your PS3 and/or XBOX 360. Its not that hard... I give this game a solid 10/10 Expand
  82. Nov 26, 2012
    Seriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am because this game is great not perfect but no game is. They need to make agent hunt with many more options and think it out a little more but great concept to use for Resident Evil 7. At least rent the game. Expand
  83. Nov 20, 2012
    I would like to start off by saying, no, this is not the old school Resident Evil everyone played back in the day. This is the new form of Resident Evil. This game focuses more towards an action perspective, which I have grown to like. This game is not an attempt to make a modern version of older RE games. This is what RE can evolve into.

I have played the game in (almost) it's
    entirety. I have beaten all campaigns & Mercenaries maps (all this was played co-op with a friend too). About the only thing I haven't tried are the DLC Merc. maps, and the Agent Hunt mode, which allows you to play as the creatures in another player's campaign. I would break down the game like so:

Gameplay mechanics: 10
    Such an improvement over Resident Evil 5. Featuring run n' gun, rolls and dodging, melee fighting, and QTE kills, RE6 brings some fresh new mechanics to the series.

Story: 9
    The story for this game is fantastic. It reminds me (in a way) of the movie Vantage Point, where you see some over all major events though several perspectives. The campaign is about X3 longer than RE5, so you definitely get your money's worth in replay value. 4 difficulties (with a 5th being added soon via update), emblems, and earning skill points offer plenty of reasons to play it again. Only problem with the extended length campaign is sometimes it feels like it takes forever to finish a level.

Visuals: 8
    Not breathtaking, but look pretty nice. Looks somewhat better than RE5's graphics.

Sound: 10
    Voice acting, SFX, and music are superb. Characters convey realistic and believable emotion, SFX & music give that tense survival against all odds kinda feel

Who Should Get This Game:
    Die hard fans of the Resident Evil series (who would like it even if it's different from the originals), fans of 3rd person action games, fans of zombie games, people who play co-op games together.

Summary:

Overall, I would say Resident Evil 6 has exceeded my expectations. I was thinking I would wind up with a pretty alright game, I got something amazing. My friend and I have played this game for 60+ hours, and plan to put many more into it. I have personally beaten all the Resident Evil games in the main series (except 3), and this is by far my favorite Resident Evil game to date.
  84. Dec 1, 2012
    Now first off I want to set the record straight. I am by no means a Resident Evil "fanboy". I really loved Resident Evil 0 on the Game Cube and thought that Resident Evil 4 was one of the best games ever made. Besides that I could take them or leave them. That being said, this seems to me to be one of the best Resident Evil games ever. It doesn't have that annoying "need to babysit your partner and their inventory" mechanic that RE5 did. It has a total of 4 campaigns each of which bring their own feel to the universe. I really was blown away at the negative reviews that this game was getting and I felt that they were expecting another RE5. Good for them on moving the series forward and trying new story telling mechanics. The controls are some of the best I have seen in a Resident Evil game. Just an amazing game and it is great to see Capcom actually giving this series the love and care it deserves. If you love Resident Evil I believe this is a must have. If you are a fan of over the top action games this should also be on your Christmas Wish list. Expand
  85. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright so I can understand a rating of five or above. I have read many of the reviews and the negative ones stem from lack of horror-survival. The point is games have to move on, it can't be pure horor survival and playing the old games while I enjoyed it it was also a giant pain. Now I have played the 3 co-op campaigns and sat through listening to my father scream and throw his controller because of how he does constantly. He basically hates this game while I enjoy it immensly because of the team work and graphics. I loved how they made the zombies look like the original. The characters are fascinating and not hollow to me at all. Granted the games controles and lack of explaining what the L1-R1 rope climbing and the lack of checkpoints in difficult parts. If you don't have patience this isn't a game for you.I am glad I got this game but it is all up to the buyer basically you are either on one side or the other. This game is flawed but definitely better than 5 in gameplay and variety but not as great as first 3 games in scare sector. Although I was scared to death in the water. And the snake. Running out of ammo was annoying but it gave more room for hand to hand which was entertaining. Bottom line I enjoyed it and some other people will. If you didn't don't just bash it with bad spelling and grammar because its not benefitial to people who are interested in reviews. Expand
  86. Mar 7, 2013
    Resident Evil was not meant to be scary in the first place or complicated with puzzles all shown with the implementation of Resident Evil 4 in the series. If that is your priority go play Silent Hill its much more atmospheric, scary, and puzzle oriented than the RE series. What I really don't like about the RE fans are that they create somewhat of a cult so dedicated towards RE 1 Code Veronica which I thought lacked because of the bad controls and camera. Expand
  87. Mar 13, 2013
    I have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisnt my own instinct after the really bad rap and negative reviews and decided to get it when it got cheaper and my god do I regret not playing it sooner. It's a whole package of horror and action and cinematic experience, bit rough around the edges since it tried to be a lot of things at once but still an amazing experience.

The internet can be a unfair place sometimes (no sherlock), and this is another example where the internet just came down on it way too hard. Playing through the game it makes me wonder if I played the same game as all these haters! RE6 has 4 separate campaigns, each of them play and feel very diferent from the previous, and they're really long too, averaging 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. After finishing Leon's campain it felt that was that, the game was over cos it really felt very wholesome, playing through Chris amazed me even further with the really interesting character and more action packed levels. Jake and Ada campaings are equally as awesome and interesting. Cutscenes are a bit over the top and QTE very annoying but that's been the mark on RE since RE4.

One thing I miss from the previous resident evil games (4rd and before) is the RPG elements, I really miss updating my weapons, managing my inventory, sloting the weapons carefully so I can fit one more herb in there, selling my gems to finally update my glock to perfect aim, etc. There's none of that in here and it really is a big shame, it's a lot more streamlined experience and i firmly believe if it had that, it would have been the almost perfect game for me.

All in all, a really fantastic game, if you're a fan of the series, ignore the hate and just have fun for crying out loud, people nowadays are way too spoiled and cannot appreciate anything.
  88. Oct 10, 2012
    Say whatever you want. In my honest opinion, this game is a solid 9 out of 10. It really feels to me that CAPCOM tried to hear all the rants and desires, these last years, and came up with a final product that looks like a sum of many different insights. It has RE4's tension and RE5's action, with a true intention of honoring the roots of the franchise. The graphics and lighting effects are incredible and the atmosphere makes this one on par with games like Dead Space. There will never be a perfect game, nor one that pleases everybody, but we cannot deny the hard work that was put on RE6. Ok, I admit, there's too much QTE and this does compromises the pacing (a bit) but we need to see the whole picture here. In the end, this is a great game and, for me, the best RE yet. This game is good. Period. Expand
  89. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  90. Oct 11, 2012
    Quando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem gente gostando. Contra fatos nao ha argumentos, e nao sao os criticos especializados que fazem o sucesso de um produto e sim o seu publico, este mesmo que gasta seu dinheiro comprando. Expand
  91. Oct 10, 2012
    Just gonna give you the Cliff notes on what I think about it: DOES NOT DESERVE A 0.8!!! Yes, I did enjoy Resident Evil 5, and if you liked that game, you'll like this one more. Each campaign is about 75% of what Resident Evil 5 was...and there's 3 of them. Mercenaries you don't have to pay for. Agent Hunt Mode I haven't tried out, but just some more cushion for the pushin' once I get through a campaign.
    I say it's worth it, but hopefully Capcom can improve for Resident Evil 7 by giving more chills and easing up on the thrills.

That's all I've got to say, cause I've gotta study for my mid-term now.
  92. Oct 12, 2012
    this game does not deserve such a low user score from what i played this game is a big improvement over number 5 such as leons campaign, it feels like a nice nostalgia trip as it constantly reminded me of 2 and 4. also jakes campaign is also really enjoyable sure it is not resident evil scary or action on par with uncharted but the set pieces were entertaining and story really good. on the downside though chris redfields campaign fails in several levels i thought both him and his partner were not entertaining as a duo and quite irritating not grinder and whatever his face bad but just not great, also if this was the most action heavy part why on earth did they still make ammo conservation vital there should have been a decent load of ammo available but because there was not it was overall very tedious as with jakes campaign there is not that much javo to defeat and his hand to hand is awesome i just felt this one was unnecessary overall this game is worth the money as there is a lot of content included there is also a lot of things i did not point out but they are probably already mentioned. Expand
  93. Oct 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i liked the game i think its much better than re5 love the controls and layout and also free on disc dlc cnt wait for that this game got hates because they dont like change **** the reviews and play the game yourself. cant wait for the new installment hopefully i will see Albert Wesker. overall love the game and love the agent hunt mode Expand
  94. Oct 16, 2012
    re 6 is a very excellent game.but is very hard in the beginning until you start to unlock skills.cause of this you need to usw a little strategy in order to survive the game.leons campaign is a lot like re 4,chris like an army 5 but more of a war point the story,as for jake it a lot like re3.there are some qte in the game but as many as you think.the controls for the game have very improved over re 5.but there are some minor issues such as hugging a wall when you don`t want and the camera tends get a little off.other than those issues this game is pretty solid.and fun to play.if you really want to like this game try not to compare it to other in the series. Expand
  95. Mar 14, 2013
    The most exciting resident evil since resident evil 3 and 4. The gameplay is awesome, and Leon's campaign is outstanding! The perfect game to play online or multiplayer. The new skill's style is great to replay the game to unlock them all. The graphics are great the most part of the game. Sometimes it is not good but as the whole Resident Evil 6 brings us a great experience, clashing the four campaigns and turning it in one of the best Resident Evil. Expand
  96. Apr 20, 2013
    very good game the best in its history, certainly better than 5 parts. 5 in comparison with the part of the nous dire moments. did the normal control, there are movements that are not even in shooters such as tackle. Each campaign is special. Zombies were unusual. Best game!!!
  97. May 15, 2013
    I grew up playing Resident Evil games, but actually started out with a demo of Resident Evil 2 from a magazine on the original PSX when I was way too young for these type of games (still the best of the series from my point of view).
    After reading the reviews for this game and playing the demo, I really believed it to be a bad game and to be avoided which for me was quite a let down since
    I've seen some other memorable game series from my youth decay like putrid Zombies (I'm pointing at you Final Fantasy). Resident Evil 5 was fine but it did leave a bad after taste, it tried too hard to be a fusion of Resident Evil 4 and modern action games (that sell so well, lets remind ourselves companies are in it for the money) and failed at it. So if that seemed to be the general direction of the series I really did not want to keep playing it, or so I thought.
    In comes Resident Evil 6. I gotta say, the initial impression was indeed horrible given the high standards we all have for blockbuster video games. Way too many QTEs and cut scenes (everyone seems to want to imitate Michael Bay movies now, explosions everywhere at the beginning), the controls seem weird (completely different from past Resident Evils) the environments kind of break the atmosphere when you try to interact with them (like chairs that seem glued to the ground, or boxes made of concrete in every corner, corpses that are invulnerable until they decide to come to life just as you pass by them, etc...), technical issues, etc... The horror was kinda gone as well (apart from some scares at very specific moments) and as been ever since the previous game (having a partner in game really breaks the tense atmosphere that comes with isolation). But even taking all of this into account, I found myself playing for hours on end and not even noticing the time passing, and that doesn't happen for me unless it's a really good game (the last recent one with such an effect was probably Red Dead Redemption). There is something about this game which makes it unlike any other Resident Evil but still relatable given the characters and some pretty good voice acting (together with some cheesiness which reminds me of the great and memorable B movie like dialogs of the original Resident Evil). Sure the story as become incredibly ridiculous (ever since 4 it's been kind of a mess), and it does not really feel like your playing a Resident Evil game, but it does play great and it's a very enjoyable ride. If you let yourself immerse in the game for what it is you'll find a deep melee system, a highly maneuverable character that can dodge attacks and counter, customizable skills, and a lot of fun as a co-op game. Sure the multiplayer is quite broken, and the game does have it's limitations, but it's such a fun lengthy game when you get down into it. You should just ignore most reviews that whine about it not being Resident Evil like and enjoy it for what it is, a great action movie like game with Zombies in it.
    To me, as it goes with games with Resident Evil on the name, it's miles better than Resident Evil 5 and on par with Resident Evil 3 on my scale (with the top 3 being Resident Evil 2, 1 and 4).
  98. Sep 14, 2013
    Awesome game. i just do not get all those negative 1 point ratings. the game is awrsome. hours of gameplay. i am at 20 hrs now and i still have a lot to go. co-op is spectacular. graphics, story line are great. this is still survival horror game.....just do nor play it in easy mode. capcon put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. great title.
  99. Aug 9, 2013
    Resident evil 6 is a great game. And who ever gives it a zero or hate on it, its cause they hate change.... i mean you coldnt see this coming after 5? I mean in my opinion this was a trillion times better than 5. resi 5 was a action game that gave you no ammo, and you cant even move while aiming your gun. but resi 6 gives everything people are asking for, and then people are gonna get mad. you cant have it both ways Expand
  100. Nov 17, 2013
    i loved re6. i got it from play staion store for full 69.99 and it was well worth it with all dlcs. one of the most grapgical games iv played. hate when im away from the ps3, pc just dont run all these game man. i miss this re6. havent played it in about a half year, and i miss it bad.
  101. Oct 5, 2012

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.