Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Feb 27, 2013
    Keep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complainKeep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complain about this? Face it, it's a good game; at least from a technical aspect. The graphics are lifelike, the gunplay is smooth and fair, the difficulty curve is spot on, the character models are well thought out as are their animations, and the multiplayer is surprisingly good. I enjoyed this game through and through, and although it's not a perfect game, it's definitely among my favorite games of 2012. For all of you 90's Capcom fans out there, just pretend you're not playing a Rezzy game and you'll enjoy it. Definitely worth $40. Expand
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    Something to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole storySomething to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole story feels bland as well as the gameplay, its just a third person call of duty there. Many people complain that this game isnt a survival horror, well I say it would be a survival horror in 1995 while todays survival horrors are known as dead space and amnesia. The one thing about Resident Evil 6 was that the gamplay was supposed to be to conserve ammo and use melee attacks and only one of these areas worked. Ammo could be found quite a lot and I never ran out of ammo when I used a gun against a huge horde of javos or zombies, I never run out of ammo. For the melee attack, both me and my dad (a huge resident evil fan) agree that it was a welcome addition, espically when you grab them by the head and smash it into the ground. Anyway looking at it all I would give Resident Evil 6 a 7.8 rounded up to an 8. Resident Evil 6 is a good game but not a survival horror to todays standards. Let's hope Resident Evil Revelaions coming 24th May will be known as a better Resident Evil experience. Expand
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    Don't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy whereDon't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy where everything that has happened comes together story-wise. Graphics are nice, Sound design is mostly okey, music is good, and art is mighty fine. Finally Resident Evil has controls updated from mid-90s to 2010s, and you're not in a tank mode anymore which kind of sucked in previous games in this series. Imho fixed controls made this game way more fun to play than any of the previous games in the series. And for the fixed controls and everything else I'm giving the 9 it deserves. Considering that it has some issues with scripted events and certain fixed camera angles which didn't really work that well... I probably should stamp a solid 7 or 8 on top of it. And yes, it's true that the controls, the story, the enemy design, and the situations you get to make this game more action oriented game which has a horror theme on top of it. It's not solely about survival horror despite it having a survival horror segment in it when you play as Leon and shoot zombies. The game probably gives you few scares but other than that it's more about horror themed action game. Something Resident Evil (Biohazard) series has always done the best. And it's just that the name for this game is wrong. If it was called anything else than "Resident Evil" it would have not probably gotten all this trolling and hate going on for it. I personally think the Japanese name "Biohazard" is more suitable name for the series and should be called Biohazard since it's logical name for the game and themes and story are all essentially about "biohazard(s)". Expand
  4. Feb 19, 2013
    I used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, II used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, I was glad that I was able to return it for its full price when I did, unfortunately I can't return my wasted time playing it Expand
  5. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, veryThis game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, very good: I enjoyed the various points of view without feeling overwhelmed by the 45 hours of play it tooked to me to platinum it. The low amount of ammo you find and carry at higher difficulty level force you to cycle among the weapons carried, offering a various approach to fight. The game isn't scary at all. It is more an action game with a strong cinematic approach, rather than a true, old styled, survival horror. I find the game higly replayable, especially thanks to the cool chapter structure, which allow you to replay almost exactly the point you like. Overall, I think it is a good product for the fan of the serie: a game which allow you to play some of the most charismatic characters of RE, and throw in some new stuff. Expand
  6. Feb 13, 2013
    Where does one begin? Sadly, it seems the horror filled series we loved so long ago has finally crashed and burned. From monotonous gameplay, to over the top action not expected or really wanted in an RE game, a Capcom favorite has officially gone down the tube.
  7. Feb 12, 2013
    Personally I thought the game was whack. This is just one of those games that doesn't need enemies with assault rifles. Playing the part of chris was lame and playing the park of jake was whack too. The only decent part was leon. But even then the story is nothing special
  8. Feb 12, 2013
    Yes, this is just like Raccoon City all over again: stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, tedious. Except for the parts where it's like Call of Duty, which are equally stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, and tedious, but with more NPC soldiers milling about. Resident Evil 6 is thoroughly oblivious to so many of the things that make a good game these days
  9. Feb 9, 2013
    Terrible game, worst of 2012 for sure. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
    How can this on-rails crap be made from the same guys who made the amazing Dragon's Dogma?
  10. Jan 30, 2013
    Loving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved everyLoving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved every minute thus far. What makes a great game to me - can you not wait to get home to play it? I can't wait to play this game, enthralled by it! Expand
  11. Jan 30, 2013
    This game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed thoseThis game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed those upgrades properly and when I understood I did everything right I was confused in why don't they work). There is no big enviroment to explore, find ammo and stuff, needless to say game has NO puzzles (well, it does, but only a **** 5-year old playing this piece of crap will justify their existence, they are that simple), it is riddled with ****ty prescripted sequences and QTE's (probably because RE4 had a little bit of those, but mind you - they were unexpected and paced in a way they scared the living **** out of you whenever they occured) which add nothing to the experience when they occur every cutscene and make you be constantly aware of them and absolutely unsurprised next time they pop up.
    Now excuse me, but I need my dose of Code Veronica's awesomness.
  12. Jan 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, theResident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, the action game fans and the FPS fans. I like COD but this is Resident Evil and it should be like RE4 and RE5, next generation, with action... ok, that's good but the game must have the horror too, it's not a shooter game, FPS, like the campaign of Chris. Skills, oh my god, no... they should keep the RE5 style, again. Upgrading weapons and maybe, upgrade health, things like that. Thank god the unlimited ammo is unlockable after we beat the entire game once, but we can use only 3 unlimited gun ammo per skill and that's annoying, if we want to use another unlimited gun we have to change the ability? Pfff... The extra campaign of Ada is a incredible bonus, I loved this one too, like Leon's one. Another thing, the bonus costumes, they should be available to use in the main campaigns!!! That's a CLASSIC. I really don't care if they appear in the FMV or not, the most important thing is PLAYING with them. Someone out there said "sorry, but its something with the capacity of the game disc". A PS3 Blu-Ray and a Xbox 360 DVD really don't include space to put the bonus costumes playable in the main story??? Oh come on.. tell me another story, Capcom. The controls are so much better now, I like it a lot. The graphics too. The combat system and the guns are so much better. But that's the thing. Maybe RE Revelations (that's coming to PS3, XBOX360 and PC in May 21st, 2013) is better than RE6. The Mercenaries is a incredible bonus too, but 3 scenarios? Oh my GOD! At least 6 and it would be very good... All that because of Capcom, wanting money and more money with those DLC'S. This thing of 3 different campaigns and different styles to please all the kind of public is really not a good idea. I have sure that the real fans of RE are thinking that way too. I hope CAPCOM can fix that in the next games. Expand
  13. Jan 22, 2013
    This game is not as bad as some people put it. Now, it's not anywhere near perfect, but it's not a bad game. Many people say that because that they've strayed away from the tank controls, the mediocre voice-acting, the horror that is claimed to be in the first three games but failed to stand the test of time, which is something they've been getting away from since Resident Evil 4. RE4 isThis game is not as bad as some people put it. Now, it's not anywhere near perfect, but it's not a bad game. Many people say that because that they've strayed away from the tank controls, the mediocre voice-acting, the horror that is claimed to be in the first three games but failed to stand the test of time, which is something they've been getting away from since Resident Evil 4. RE4 is my favorite Resident Evil game for actually scaring me a little, unlike the first three RE games which never honestly scared me at all, but if you want to know why look at my RE1 review. Now how does RE6 stand? Well, it's certainly better than RE5, but it's still not good enough to top 4 and Revelations.
    Now for the story: it's really something I never cared about, but this game had an... interesting story to say the least. It was an action-suspense movie except longer I guess.
    Gameplay: RE6 has four campaigns/stories that have different playstyles. Leon's story is Resident Evil to the core, with the first chapter actually taking place in a mansion. Leon, with his new partner Helena, focuses heavily on conserving ammo and trying to avoid all the danger that's lurking around. Leon has to face zombies, unlike the other protagonists. Chris is basically Resident Evil 5 except done better, where you shoot anything that moves. It's about as standard as you get, but it's still fun. Jake is more about stealth and trying to run away from the Nemesis stand in, the Ustanak. Ada Wong's story is like a mix of the three with puzzles added to the mix too. The gameplay is fun, to say the least.
  14. Jan 20, 2013
    This is not Resident Evil. it has no horror, no puzzles and no atmosphere.
    You want a real RE game? then go dust off your old good PSOne/PS2 and get down with RE2 and RE3, or even better play REmake on Gamecube or Wii.
  15. Jan 18, 2013
    First of all.....To people that say that Capcom moved to a new direction with RE4, you are ignorant and you should do your research before saying nonsense and looking like a fool.
    The first RE that was like this (with the solder camera/3rd person shooter) was "Resident Evil: Dead Aim" and it was released back in 2003.....yeah 10 years ago....
    Now about RE6... In general it's a great
    Now about RE6...
    In general it's a great game, long game, great graphics, great story, great cut scenes, weapons, secrets, a lot of things to do and to complete,mini games, you drive various vehicles.....fun-fun-fun there is no doubt about that, and IT IS well made. Every single detail from the menu screen/UI to the music everything is well made.
    BUT
  16. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  17. Jan 18, 2013
    for me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chaptersfor me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chapters (mostly leon's) until i got my fave abilities up to lvl3 and ****..

for me rent the game first. imo the shooting and the movement is better than RE5 and mercs is addicting. it has a meaty campaign and tonnes of hours of gameplay (if you're into shooting up monsters and ****)

give it a chance it might surprise you.
  18. Jan 17, 2013
    Oh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theresOh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theres fast paced sequences you are being chased by zombies and other creatures of course so stop it is nothing like gears or cod i find myself in most situations standing straight up and barley ever taking cover and as for moving and shooting you barley move so stop with that complaint its overused now on to the scare factor the horror aspect and im not talking playing this game with your bedroom light on like the gamespot critic did when he reviewed this game im talking no lights night outside a good sound system there are moments that are scary which nobody admits because of toughness factor in america yes it is more prevelant in leons campaign but being followed around by a large snake and your friend telling you not to move because its right behind you is pretty scary especially at night when the lights are off the story is not impressive the one flaw but it makes sense its not like there arent other games with average reapeted stories that succeed mostlly modern war games no names bottom line this game was poorly judged due to user incompetence and critics lack of wanting to be away from the crowd a good game try it for sure and make it what you want it to be Expand
  19. Jan 16, 2013
    awesome game better than all the previous ones :) it has some proplems here and there but they are nothing to complain about becaust what game nowadays does not have proplems ? Skyrim had a lot of glithes and to 1 complained so yh :) try re6 u will love it if u have an open mind :) enjoy
  20. Jan 6, 2013
    Just finished the Leon campaign thought it was ok and not as bad as people were making out not as scary as the original games but a lot better than running around in the desert as in the last one they even tried a couple of the old puzzles which i love and i would like more of them over all not as good as the first couple but not the worst worth a play.
  21. Jan 6, 2013
    Where is the horror genre had always RE in graphics I prefer Resident Evil 5 and the story is almost the same thing about a new virus that ultimately cure as ever. Lost the horror genre and gain more action, but for fans of resident evil 1,2 and 3 this game sucks
  22. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were momentsThis game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were moments that shined like navigating subway tunnels or being stalked by the Ustanak in ice caverns - but those were far and between. And those damn QTE events - c'mon! What is this - Heavy Rain?

I'm a huge RE fan, having played every game since the original PS game. I'm one of those fans who didn't think RE5 was horrible but could've been better. I know Capcom can still make a kick-ass RE game - as evident in RE: Revelations for the 3DS. Revelations was unbelievable game - showing us that RE can still be about atmosphere and building tension! But this game, on the other hand, is just "good".
  23. Dec 31, 2012
    I think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could'veI think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could've been a lot better, I honestly think 6 has exceeded everything that was expected of it. Expand
  24. Dec 27, 2012
    While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game,While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game, the three main campaigns provide several hours of gameplay each and the mercenaries modes are as fun as always. The downside here is that this is NOT survival horror. Its more akin to Gears of War with Zombies. If that appeals to you then RE6 will be a perfect fit for you, if your an old school RE player than you'll be disappointed. I'm 42, I love RE (not Operation Racoon City) I liked 5 and I like 6. This game is getting far too many negative reviews because it is different from the games released on PS1 ten years ago. Face it people, RE grew up and evolved. Whether thats good or bad is a matter of preference and for me personally its good. Give this game a try, its way better than some of these reviews would lead you to believe. (I havent played the bonus campaign with ADA so I can't comment on that...yet). Expand
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh my, where to begin with the newest installment in the Resident Evil series. Let me just say that this game makes me nervous for the future of Resident Evil games. The developers have strayed so far from the games roots, it's almost as if Resident Evil is trying to be something it's not now.

I personally do not enjoy war type shooter games, and aside from Leon's campaign, that's pretty much what this game is, an all action shooter that looks like it was made by Michael Bay. It's just TOO over the top. Resident Evil is no longer the game I knew and loved. However, the developers straying too far from what the series is meant to is far from the only problem with them game.

Let's just start with some of the game glitches now. One of the most notable is in Leon's campaign where he's in the subway and has to avoid an oncoming train. Even if you're not even close to the train, a lot of the times you'll die anyway. One time I was playing and the train had already passed me completely and a few seconds later a cutscene showed of me getting hit by the train. And it sometimes happens over, and over, and over again. Very frustrating to say the least.

Then there's the customization in this game. I thought Resident Evil 4 and 5 handled this perfectly. Why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken is beyond me but they just ruined it in this one. You're allowed 3, yes, only 3 customization skills for your character, even though there's a ton to choose from. Sure you can make multiple sets for your skills but having to constantly swap them out gets very annoying after a while.

Then there's the gameplay itself. What was Capcom thinking while making this game!? This game is FILLED with way too many quick time events. Now if you're a fan of quick time events, this might not bother you as much but for me, it drove me nuts. And I'm not just talking about the QTE's when an enemy grabs you. You have to do a QTE to do almost everything in this game. I honestly don't mind a few here and there in a game but in this game you were doing one every few minutes or so. I mean really, is it necessary to have to do a QTE to open doors sometimes? Then the gameplay is always being interrupted by tiny little cutscenes every so often and really takes away from the mood of the game. This is especially most notable in Leon's first chapter.

After the first play through of this game I was severely bored of it. And I usually enjoy playing through the Resident Evil games multiple times because they're usually so fun! Perhaps it's because there's really nothing special to unlock in this Resident Evil unlike the older ones where you could unlock special weapons and costumes, so there's little to no motivation to play through the game a second time. That's right, even the signature infinite rocket launcher is absent from this game, for the first time in any main Resident Evil game. And there's no alternate costumes either.

The gameplay in my opinion, was just too dull, and yes too over the top at the same time.

Now the game isn't complete trash, but it's very far from amazing too. It's better than Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City at least. I do however regret paying the full $60 for this game when it was first released. I wouldn't pay any more than $40 for this.

It's a real shame too. When I had learned that zombies were making a return in this game, I thought for sure this would be the ultimate modern day Resident Evil game but unfortunately not even the zombies return could help this game too much.

Overall, I give it a 4/10. It's just not what I would expect from one of my favorite video game series, and an AAA series at that. Better luck next time Capcom. You guys have some serious planning to do if you don't want to run this series into the ground. Take my advice Capcom, stop trying to cater to the people who feel every game should be an over the top michael bay war shooter game.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    I waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy andI waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy and drawn out. I played it through with a friend and beat the entire game in less than 3 days. As a fan of RE series, I will always play the games, but was hoping for more. I think Capcom needs to reboot this series and give its audience more credit. I felt like I was playing a COD style game where the game was bigger than itself but didn't really portrait the intensity and fell as some of the previous games. I gave it a 6 because it wasn't a horrible game, but it is not on par with other games out there like Dead Space or even Uncharted (which is the feel they were going for, big scale) Expand
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    I Loved the Game, off course it's no longer a survival horror game, but they managed to do the best action-game of the year, it's awesome! Haters can keep hating, i loved the Game, and yes, i played all the Resident Evils from PSOne and PS2, and i don't hate RE6!
  28. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  29. Dec 15, 2012
    It's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he'sIt's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he's exactly look like Grey Dante from Devil May Cry but with a mediocre campaign. Leon's new look was okay, not much. I thought Sherry Birkin's safe after the events in Resident Evil 2, but as a playable character? What's going on and what's with all the darkish screens? I think Capcom just picked up the wrong game. If Operation Raccoon City was a disappointment, so does this crap. Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  30. Dec 6, 2012
    This is the first and probably only review I will ever post. I feel the urge to so so for RE6 because I am angry and cheated out of an installment I was looking forward to.
    Resident Evil has been one of the greatest franchises, some episodes are spectacular (re4, re1), some a little less original, but, on the whole, each game succeeds. I bought RE6 expecting the same, but all the good stuff has been discarded for nonsensical horror action that means NOTHING. Resident Evil games were all about contrast. You spend some time haunting the dark corridors, checking your map to access rooms and find hidden goodies and then you have a nice set piece against a boss or a horde of zombies. But when it's constant frenzy **** with bad camera work and few weapons, annoying partners and repetitive situations, it sucks. Gamers do not want to be babysitted, they want to figure **** out, they love being offered different possibilities to complete a level or destroy a boss. They want to choose, to think, not to suffer a stupid tunnel game that that feels you were not even a part the adventure. RE is no sandbox, but it had a great balance of action, horror and customization.
    The reviewers here are right. They are not haters. IF YOU LIKE RE, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This is a botched job. Too much time and money were put on QTE, cinematics and map diversity, not enough on gameplay, plot and exploration. You can't even visit the great-looking maps, you just speed through them not knowing what matters or not. No mysteries, no characters, no tension (constant tension = no tension, you GD morons), no fun and no satisfaction. They managed to make the game as bad as the films. There was ways to go but they closed the gap with just one episode.
    I am older now, I have kids, I don't have a lot of time to play, and I always look forward to a little RE quality time. But I won't finish this game, I stopped in the middle of Chris and retard's campaign (why so many new characters if they're all so bland and idiotic-looking? Who cares?). Why waste precious time when you can get other good games or watch good films. I'll sell this game and buy something better, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 or just a bunch of DVDs. I hope video games developers stop being obsessed with this type of gameplay and stick to what works.
    If it's not broken, don't fix it. If it works, don't change it. Improve it. Keep the game's identity.
  31. Oct 10, 2012
    Just to be clear, i've played and completed every Resident Evil game (bar 0 and REmake) since the first came out in 96, including the god awful Survivor and the pitiful Operation Raccoon City. It is by far my favourite video game series, and i'm also - apparently, surprisingly - a fan of the Paul W. S. Anderson films. My favourite game of the series is actually Resident Evil 4, and IJust to be clear, i've played and completed every Resident Evil game (bar 0 and REmake) since the first came out in 96, including the god awful Survivor and the pitiful Operation Raccoon City. It is by far my favourite video game series, and i'm also - apparently, surprisingly - a fan of the Paul W. S. Anderson films. My favourite game of the series is actually Resident Evil 4, and I really kind of prefer the over-the-shoulder viewpoint to the old static camera angles; while they were truely very terrifying and chilling at some points, I think that equally the 'new' camera system has its positive points which outweigh the negatives. I found Resident Evil 6 fairly disappointing - while the Leon campaign was fantastic and very 'Resident Evily', the other two were mediocre at best and really left a foul taste in my mouth. Bringing in THREE new characters to an already established series which has a huge roster was a major flaw. Why not have Leon and Claire again rather than Leon and this new Helena woman? Who, by the way, had a very dry back story. And why is there no expansion on the relationship between the president and Leon? Why use Piers and Chris when it has been ESTABLISHED that Jill Valentine is Chris' partner in the BSAA? Why replace Albert Wesker with his 'son'? How the hell does such a cold hearted egomaniac have a son, anyway? And how does Jake have the powers of his father when he was conceived before his father was injected with T? Collapse

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.