5.3

1. Mar 31, 2014
    You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6. There is absolutely no scares, but ofcourse even the fanboys know this. This game is beyond scripted, think youll get caught by the giant monster(forgot his name) that chases you? Hahahahahaha, hahahahah, LOL, ROFL, it will never happen. It is just a tease, a tease that happens quite a lot. Lame plot, incredibly lame main villain. More QTE's than enemies. Leon is now a little bitc**, nothing like the awesome-O he was in RE4. Mercenaries is ****** easy now. I tried to like it, but this game sucks really really bad. Oh yeah and the enemy AI? There is none! Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    Funny that Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 have better ratings here. Resident Evil 6 is best next-gen RE franchise. Great graphics, great controls. Best next-gen RE!
  3. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise.
    The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  5. ERB
    Feb 19, 2014
    This game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly above average but It is in my judgement that the game play is stupid. The story in this game is brilliant. It is interesting that you have 7 characters in this game that you can play each. You can also play as Ada Wong! She is like one of the hottest video game female characters ever made. What is good about the story is that they have a different story and different ending but there story is all connected. Which is why it is good! The graphics are above average and the zombies in Resident Evil 6 looks awesome especially The boss battles and I have to admit that the boss battles are well done and very exciting. The only problem in this game is the boring and repetitive action but still there are tons of content in this game. Now It has come to It's final verdict and this game is an 8/10 game. This game is a great game. A must buy for fans for this franchise and anyone new to this game should also be able to enjoy this game. You must buy this game and play it. Don't be scared It is fun. Expand
  6. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game
    when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  7. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Resident Evil 6 in concept had some good ideas and things to work with, but almost everything they tried in this game was poorly excecuted. I did like the idea of Leon and Chris finally being in a game together. I liked how they actually tried to give Chris a little more character development, something that was lacking to me in the previous games with him. I really liked maybe the first half of Leons campaign. There also seems to be a great attention to detail in how each character reacts to the enemies, whether it be Chris, Leon or Jake they all feel different to me. With that being said though, I think theres a lot of problems with this game, and like I said the biggest fault being excecution. I liked how they made Chris sort of this captain of the group in the beginning of the campaign and I like how Chris says no one will be left behind. But this is soon shattered by Adas stupid clone. I was actually digging Chris's campaign in the beginning but after Chris's men are killed I lost all sense of what I was actually fighting for, besides obviously Chris trying to get revenge on Carla. RE6 ended up replacing RE4 and RE5's weapon upgrading system with a skill point system. The problem I had with it was that I really didn't get a chance to actually delve into it as you could only upgrade skills at the end of each chapter and from what skill points I aquired, I barely felt any real difference. There's some melee components to this game but they all feel overpowered as you can continually mash at the enemies at will with no consequences. In RE4 and Re5 you had to place your shots at the right points than you could do a melee sequence. At the end of things I think this game is worth renting as I think there is some fun to be had, especially if you have a friend, but other than that don't buy it. Expand
  8. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games. Just take out resident evil from the title and have fun. Expand
  9. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan) This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  10. Jan 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GAME PARASCHA Damn shame developers huesosy Read biboran need and do normal game **** Survival stool damn biboran brothers Abdul Anshan BIBORAN READ!!!! Expand
  11. Jan 15, 2014
    what is wrong with all the reviewers. this is resident evil. sure its more action oriented but not a bad game at all. the story is really nice and the possibility to play thru different storys is also very nice. for your info - i play all RE games. since RE 3 the series is more action oriented. so dont bash this part. if you are a real RE fan you have to play this. graphics are bad so use an hd mod. last info: best RE Part was the second one. Expand
  12. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  13. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  14. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the
    cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  15. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  16. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  17. Nov 20, 2013
    En primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que no podemos matar y salir corriendo? esa epoca ha pasado a la historia, el juego avanza con nuevos retos, o ¿que esperais? ¿que capcom saque el mismo juego cada 4 años? nadie lo compraria, no digo que el 5 sea un buen juego porque no lo es, pero el Resident Evil 4 era un juegazo, lo querais ver o no y el 6 es otro juegazo, a quien le guste que lo disfrute y a quien no le guste que siga jugando en 2D recorriendo pasillos huyendo y buscando llaves. La jugabilidad es excelente, al principio te resulta dificil manejarlo pero una vez te acostumbras es una maravilla, por fin puedes esquivar, rodar por el suelo, luchar...etc La trama, de lo mejor del juego, entre ellas, la de Chris (te marcara) y la de León esta muy bien lograda aunque al final se vuelve ésta algo monótona. Los gráficos no son nada del otro mundo, pero estan muy bien, hay texturas que parecen el Resident Evil 4, pero bueno...al fin y al cabo no te fijas en eso...aun asi aqui decae bastante. El sonido es de lo mejor del juego, sobretodo en momentos puntuales de tensión y en las escenas cinematrográficas a lo Hollywood, el doblaje al Español es excelente, uno de los mejores doblajes que he visto hasta hoy dia. Innovan bastante respecto a la quinta entrega (cosa no dificil) el modo historia (que consta de cuatro) te costara pasartelo en unas 30 horas en normal. Conclusión: Resident Evil 6 posiblemente sea uno de los mejores de la saga (para mi personalmente el mejor) terror no tiene, algunos putnos crean tensión, pero no esperes un survival porque no lo es, mas bien es un shooter en tercera persona pero de acción y aventuras (tipo Uncharted) El modo historia de León mezcla survival con acción, el de Chris mezcla acción pura con shooter, el de Jake mezcla tensión y accion y por último el de Ada seria mas bien acción con puzzles, el juego es un juegazo que debes tener si o si, te encantara si te va el genero acción. Expand
  18. Nov 17, 2013
    i loved re6. i got it from play staion store for full 69.99 and it was well worth it with all dlcs. one of the most grapgical games iv played. hate when im away from the ps3, pc just dont run all these game man. i miss this re6. havent played it in about a half year, and i miss it bad.
  19. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  20. Oct 2, 2013
    Alright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you play through 4 different campaigns (no that isnt a spoiler seeing as capcom desided to show Ada's campaign before the game was released) but yes Leon,Chris,Jake and Ada. all different and all crossover witch i thought was pretty cool. Leon's campaign feels more like a blend of resi 2,4 and 5 and that's a good thing seeing as its the best campaign.Then Chris...now his campaign actually shocked me..it was not terrible..it was actually pretty well done,even the story witch was abit weird seeing as it cut from the past to the present but you understand whats going on so it isnt confusing.Then there is Jake....people seem to hate on this one the most because you can use hand to hand combat more and because of this..people on it "how are you ment to use hand to hand combat on guys with guns"...ok seriously? first of all in Jake's campaign you seem to forget he has a bunch of gun's and weapons to use you dont have to use have to hand but there is a point in his campaign were you will have no choice..now its only a short bit but there i agree, it does get alittle frustrating but once you get used to it its actually not that bad.Finally Ada's campaign...its pretty much alot like resident evil 4 you have simple puzzles,creepy setting and awkward gameplay because resident evil 6's gameplay can be very awkward at times but capcom have sorted that (kinda) with the camera witch was pretty bad and annoying but not anymore it can still be pretty f*cking annoying but better then it was. So resident evil 6...better then 5 but one up from the worst in the series isnt good.Bring back more of the horror,more of the puzzles and you will see a change in everyone's scores capcom.However review the game as a game dont compare it to what resident evil was. Expand
  21. Sep 30, 2013
    It´s a good game, but for a numbered title of the franchise, that make part of chronology of Resident Evil, this is a worst of all.
  22. Sep 27, 2013
    Let me start off by saying i love RE4, in fact its my favorite game of all time. I thought RE5 was a great game, but this one ooh man did they f it up. RE6 by far has the worst gameplay i have ever seen. Although the cutscenes do look amazing. Jakes campaign is really out of place in this game it seems every time you encounter a boss you have to run towards the camera wich makes it difficult and really annoying, Jakes campaign at best is decent. Leons campaign is a bit better but it was still decent. Adas campaign had more puzzles and was more interesting than Jakes or Leons. The best campaign in RE6 by far is Chris, his campaign feels very Call of Duty like, and that actually makes it pretty fun. Overall this game is decent, i was really hyped for this game but from the moment i saw the giraffe logo on the box i knew i was goin in for a huge dissapointment. Expand
  23. Sep 26, 2013
    its ok but its not survival horror anymore it is way too action heavy and the only real good campaign is the Leon campaign hell its not as bad as operation raccoon city
  24. Sep 19, 2013
    Une immondicité video ludique. Je n'éprouve même pas l’envie de me justifier je pence que tout a été dit dans ses autre commentaire. 0/10 sens aucun hésitation.
  25. Sep 14, 2013
    Awesome game. i just do not get all those negative 1 point ratings. the game is awrsome. hours of gameplay. i am at 20 hrs now and i still have a lot to go. co-op is spectacular. graphics, story line are great. this is still survival horror game.....just do nor play it in easy mode. capcon put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. great title.
  26. Sep 6, 2013
    The worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your in video sequences). The fact anyone gave it a ten means the world of gaming has died, RIP world of gaming, its been fun. PS. i played the Ada campaign. couldn't bear to try the others... its so bad. Expand
  27. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often.
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  28. Aug 23, 2013
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    It's less obscure, more modern, maybe less scary but well... it's like many AAA games where visual effects and gameplay are become key elements. Still, the storyline is really good and the Resident Evil franchise evolves in a cool direction. You can't contain such universe in isolated cities forgot by the rest
    of the world forever and need to look at the next step. The survival is less about small dark rooms but about massive plague contagion. I liked it! Expand
  29. Aug 21, 2013
    Please, RE fans, it's not a survival horror game, I know, I wish it was too. It doesn't deserve a zero. Stop being spoilt little brats. Insulting Capcom won't bring about a 'real' survival horror RE7 .
    Anyway, this game has a massive 4 campaigns all of which are very fun and enjoyable( I found Jake's campaign to be slightly lacking), and all have co-op support. Series favourites return,
    including some from far back in the series. OvTheWoods was right about one thing, Capcom aren't exactly action game developers, as the controls still remain clunky for this outing.
    The other modes like Agent hunt and Mercenaries are fun little distractions, but the campaigns are the real deal.
    Overall, we can see Capcom have drifted away from classic RE, sorry fellow fans, but get over it, it's not coming back.
  30. Aug 9, 2013
    Resident evil 6 is a great game. And who ever gives it a zero or hate on it, its cause they hate change.... i mean you coldnt see this coming after 5? I mean in my opinion this was a trillion times better than 5. resi 5 was a action game that gave you no ammo, and you cant even move while aiming your gun. but resi 6 gives everything people are asking for, and then people are gonna get mad. you cant have it both ways Expand
  31. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. este es un buen juego, pero le falta algo mas que creo que en versiones anteriores estaba presente hablo de matar y destrozar zombies a diestra y siniestra en este juego no es tan fácil hablando de juegos tipo shooters creo que se quedo corto y el modo de juego comparándolo con el resident evil 5 a mi parecer era mejor que esta ultima versión actual que con su modo de ver el personaje moverse no están buena si tiene tecnología en juego buenos gráficos y la historia que muestra es buena claro despues de tantos años jugando resident evil la historia me gusta pero el modo de juego creo que lo cambiaron no se si por los desarrodadores del juego como tal en motor de movimento pero creo que se desviaron del camino con el publico que tenian que suplir principàl mente nosotros los viejos jugadores de resident evil... claro resalto y destaco la historia es bien como plantearon la historia pero no me gusto el modo de movimiento del personaje aunque tampoco que cuando juegas sientes que vas bien hasta que sales del juego y tienes que empezar de nuevo el capitulo es frustrante ya que si lo juegas en el modo mas difícil te cuesta por que tienes que combatir contra zombies entre golpes tiros y demás tácticas que uses para avanzar en el juego aparte los gráficos creo que pudieron ser mejor y también pudieron hacer un mapa abierto tipo gta eso le abría dado una tremenda innovación al juego Collapse

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.