5.3

1. Dec 15, 2012
    It's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he'sIt's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he's exactly look like Grey Dante from Devil May Cry but with a mediocre campaign. Leon's new look was okay, not much. I thought Sherry Birkin's safe after the events in Resident Evil 2, but as a playable character? What's going on and what's with all the darkish screens? I think Capcom just picked up the wrong game. If Operation Raccoon City was a disappointment, so does this crap. Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  2. May 25, 2013
    What the was Capcom thinking when they made this? There's absolutely nothing scary here, just action! The aiming is GOD AWFUL, the ally A.i. is stupid and never seem to stop unnecessary QTE's that are almost impossible to do right, unless you have superhuman speed, and the whole "separate campaigns" is just plain dumb. Save your money for something else! Do NOT buy RE6 at all!
  3. Oct 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway. Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just fails
  4. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  5. Jun 9, 2014
    Aún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, peroAún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, pero si echas un vistazo atrás y recuerdas las sensaciones que ofrecían los primeros Resident evil, es como para echarse a llorar y no parar. Expand
  6. Jul 3, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events,Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events, and the addition of several new, flat characters, RE6 is definitely a disappointment and a scar on the face of Resident Evil's main series games. Expand
  7. Feb 12, 2013
    Yes, this is just like Raccoon City all over again: stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, tedious. Except for the parts where it's like Call of Duty, which are equally stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, and tedious, but with more NPC soldiers milling about. Resident Evil 6 is thoroughly oblivious to so many of the things that make a good game these days
  8. May 1, 2013
    Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign,Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign, quit for the night (checking that 'save in progress' has come up before I switch off), only to fire up the game a couple of nights later and find all my previous progress is gone.

I'd be bemoaning the fact that I've flushed £40 down the toilet if I didn't know I can trade it in for Medal Of Honour in 2 weeks! Seriously, if you must play it to complete the series, wait for pre-owned. There'll be hundreds of them around Christmas time for a tenner!
  9. Oct 4, 2012
    They should rename this game Resident of Duty 6: Modern Zombies. This is by far the worst game in the serie. Capcom has divided the plot into 3 campaigns which is just stupid, they didn't want to put any effort into making one good story so they made 3 short and weak stories. The campaigns are boring and just run-and-gun, no tension at all. Also, the new character, Jake Muller, is one ofThey should rename this game Resident of Duty 6: Modern Zombies. This is by far the worst game in the serie. Capcom has divided the plot into 3 campaigns which is just stupid, they didn't want to put any effort into making one good story so they made 3 short and weak stories. The campaigns are boring and just run-and-gun, no tension at all. Also, the new character, Jake Muller, is one of the weakest characters ever been introduced to the Resident Evil serie. It's like Capcom wouldn't let go of Wesker so they made him up. Capcom has lost their touch and I will no longer buy another game from them. Expand
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  11. Jun 4, 2014
    Well, i am sad because the Resident evil franchise come to this, this embarasing title, the worst resident evil game ever made like operation racoon city, the franchise is coming to an end. I really miss the old days, when resident evil means "horror".
    This garbage looks like a call of duty game with zombies. ugly and repetitive as hell. This is worst than downpour, because downpour at least preserves some horror. But this one is incredible bad, the Leon campaign is the only one that tries to recreate the true "horror" but it fails.
    Stay away from this game and pray for Mikami, hope he have made a good job with Evil Within, but i don't know, the real survival horror is dead.
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    A poor mans CoD with ideas stolen from Uncharted and Gears of Boredom, that is what Resident Evil has become. Survival horror that challenges the player at every step? Nope, almost non stop brainless shooting continuously broken up by loading screens, QTE, and video sequences. So many quick time events! And each QTE rips you right out of the game world. It's like trying to have sex withA poor mans CoD with ideas stolen from Uncharted and Gears of Boredom, that is what Resident Evil has become. Survival horror that challenges the player at every step? Nope, almost non stop brainless shooting continuously broken up by loading screens, QTE, and video sequences. So many quick time events! And each QTE rips you right out of the game world. It's like trying to have sex with your girlfriend while the phone rings every minute or so. Not that the gameplay is any good. Broken mechanics, clumsy controls, and a horrible camera add to the whole mess. It's like a car manufacturer tried to build an airplane without knowing anything about building airplanes. The result somewhat works ...well mostly, yet it doesn't feel right. They would have done better sticking to what they know, namely making survival horror games. It's like going into a sushi restaurant and all they offer is cheeseburgers with the explanation that cheeseburger sell better than sushi so now they only make cheeseburger. And very poor cheeseburger at that. Expand
  13. May 1, 2013
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.
    Menu instead of to be "load game" is: - press start - start game - choose campaign - choose PSN settings - finally start game. It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen. Just to start the game I MUST everytime choose that I want to play offlline (otherwise i'll not be able to PAUSE the GAME!!) Game
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.

Menu instead of to be "load game" is:

- press start
    - start game
    - choose campaign
    - choose PSN settings
    - finally start game.

It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen.

Game itself:

- pretty beautiful but it is too much. True this that you always out of ammo or recovery items. Each time you see something big you have nothing to fight. You need to try it with your bare hands almost.

- Camera is pretty stupid, i just looked back there were nobody there, turn around and again i'm atacked out of nowhere.

CAPCOM made BAD game this time
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolute garbage: Here is a list of all the flaws i can think of on the top of my head.

1. Suppose a zombie is lying on the ground not moving, I take a knife and slash at it to check to see if it's dead. I walk past it and it stands up. Sometimes the enemy needs to go through an animation first before taking damage. I.e. they get temp invincibility. It was never an issue in re4 or re5 but it was in ORC and RE6. 2. Inventory system is horrible, flipping through my 10 different weapons looking for my shotgun. At least re5 you had maybe up to 4 weapons that are easy to take out. Not only that, cycle through grenades and first aid. You can have 0 grenades but it still shows up in inventory, forcing you to cycle more...
    3. Zombies with guns. Need I say more?
    4. Hand to hand combat makes the knife useless, makes the game silly, it's overpowered. 5. The camera is probably the worst thing, and capcom claims to address this but I highly doubt they will fix the main problem. The main problem is how the camera forces you to look in certain directions. Whether its to your objective, which was obvious to find because 1. It's linear, 2. You can hit L2 to show you where to go like in dead space. The camera will randomly act like an **** you can be aiming at an enemy but suddenly the camera will force you to look another direction and you miss. 6. Hitting L2 to display where to go is just dumb, that should have been the button to take out a knife/ stun rod. Maybe you could have had a map system, that would have worked!
    7. Coop = not horror because no isolation. It also means having to rely on the AI, and the AI may be better than re5, but that's like saying a retarded baby is smarter than a dead baby. 8. Moving and shooting justifies making the enemies faster and more chaotic, making the gameplay faster and more chaotic, making the game feel less like a resident evil game. 9. Most abilities are useless. Jumping of tables, big deal. Slamming open doors, useful in re4, but has no application in re6, rolling on the ground has 1 application (boss against debra in cart), melee attacks make knife useless.
    10. Boss fights are the same thing tenfold. You fight Ustanak about 5 times, Simmons 5 times, Chainsaw guy at least 6 times, and so forth. 11. Cutscenes that screw you over. Too many cutscenes. Half the damn game involves cutscenes, QTE, or running into awkwardly positioned camera.
    12. Oh boy QTE. The QTE are so horrible and overused it's like playing Ashuras Wrath or Dragons quest. Some of the QTE can take up to 5 minutes of your time. There is this one point where you hit L1 and R1 to climb a wire, which attached an elevator to the highest skyscraper in the world... you really have to try leon / jake chapter 5 to see how bad it is. When zombies grab you, I can toggle the stick until my hand bleeds and i still wont break free. Often times these QTE show up when you least expect it and you die. There are also many random gotcha deaths that no one would know about unless they played the chapter before. A good summary of the game is this: You walk forward, you trigger a cutscene, QTE, take out maybe 5 -10 zombies. Cutscene. QTE. More QTEs. Couple zombies. Dammit no keys. More cutscenes, running/walking, talking while walking, forced camera angle that screws up view, QTE....
    That is the entire game in a nutshell. The game gets a 4/10 simply because the game is playable for those who DO NOT play resident evil games.
  15. Oct 7, 2012
    The camera is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Capcom obviously needs to hire different play testers. Oh my good god what a bad camera. It is WAY to close. It needs zoomed out 300% and raised from shoulder height to above head level.
    Besides that, the graphics are **** 720p blurry textures averaging 24 fps on PS3, and that's better then xbox. Where is my PC version with superior graphics? Non existent without a release date.
    The game has no horror feeling to it at all. It is not even scary. So, that means it is a linear action game. Well, if that's its genre, then it royally sucks.
    Oh and quick time events..... Just plain stupid.
    I want me $60 back.
    The game blows goat balls.
    Camera problems and quick time events straight up ruin the experience.
  16. Oct 22, 2012
    I got Resident Evil 6 cheap from a friend of mine so I barely lost anything on it, but after playing it all the way through, I want a refund on both my money and the 20+ hours of my life I wasted on this travesty.

At first in Leon's campaign, I was starting to like the game, things felt good and steady, I felt like maybe I was getting into a survival horror experience, but then all of the sudden it just turned to crap, the game just kept throwing hordes of action segments at me that I just wanted to sprint through, terrible heavy rain like segments, awful quick time events and terrible controls. When I finally finished Leon's campaign I was massively disappointed.

When I went into Chris's campaign.................ah I won't waste your time, the best part about Chris's campaign is when you finally stop playing it.

Though Jake's campaign wasn't as bad as Chris's but it's still full of annoying quick time events and crap like that.

Now after you complete those 3 campaigns, you unlock a 4th one, Ada Wong's campaign, which I was very much looking forward to playing due to it being the only one in the game that allowed solo play, but my excitement turned to disappointment as her campaign was just as bad as the rest with terrible controls, camera and annoying QTEs.

Resident Evil 6 is the worst game in the main series for me and even though I got it cheap, I'm still reselling it, I don't care how much I get for it, because this game is just so bad, I want it out of my life.
  17. Feb 19, 2013
    I used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, II used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, I was glad that I was able to return it for its full price when I did, unfortunately I can't return my wasted time playing it Expand
  18. May 1, 2013
    Ever since re1 on the playstation 1 I have loved the resident evil series. Not only because I am a fan of zombies and survival horror, but I liked the puzzles. Even though the were not the hardest.

Throughout the series I have enjoyed every game. From the originals and remakes to the side games like dead aim, appreciating them for what they are. But this one, I just don't enjoy...

The camera spins around so much it actually hurts my eyes at times, the health system is just long winded and pointless, but what I hate the most is the new "just run in a straight line and shoot things" approach. It just seems like the developers got lazy. Where are the puzzles? The exploring of areas? Even going back to revisit areas because of a new key or item. Instead it's now just a boring, repetitive action game, with tedious quick time events and bad camera angles.

I looked forward to every single resident evil release, right from re2. I'm wondering now if I will look forward to the next one? Maybe il just give it a miss.
  19. Apr 21, 2013
    what ever happened to just a simple zombie storyline not all this virus monster crap I rented this game thank goodness the combat is what you expect from RE but the story is so confusing I wanted to like this game but it was crap
  20. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  21. Oct 7, 2012
    The most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title triedThe most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title tried to be innovative and appeal to shooter fans and games that is 100 times worse than the outbreak of raccoon city.
    The only good thing in this game is its main menu interface so Purple.
    Really all those 600 employees must tried to kill themselves just to get a good idea into the game and then Capcom decided to cramp all those ideas both good and bad in the final product the result is you got one hell of a **** quality game.
    Even Retribution still have some originality of the old games,Resident Evil 6 just only got the name and characters.
  22. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  23. Oct 6, 2012
    Nice one Capcom you **** **** pieces of **** Garbage game and I don't care how long you worked on it I don't feel sorry for you. You ruined the series and spiraled it into abysmal genericism. ****
  24. May 8, 2013
    I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. OnI'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. On several occasions I've been hit with scripted sequences that left me no room to maneuver or avoid, automatically killing me each and every time. If the main character is simply standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time, they die and there is not recourse other than continuing from a checkpoint. During quick-time events, the buttons flash on screen in an almost seizure- inducing manner, thereby not allowing you to clearly see the buttons that need to be pressed. The train sequence in the sewers comes to mind, as I couldn't even read which buttons to press because it was a dark map and the button notifications flashing on the screen made it almost impossible to interpret what the game was asking me to do. The plot is absolutely atrocious, there is no back-story and you are left wondering throughout. The introduction level has absolutely nothing to do with introducing the player to the game, it is instead a flashy sequence of scripted events that appear to occur later in the game. The camera angle is atrocious at times, leaving the player without enough field of view to effectively analyze the situation. Scripted sequences make this worse by snapping the players view to the event automatically, leaving the player disoriented. I give this game a 3 out of 10 for poor camera angle, an atrocious plot, ridiculous quick-time events and overall lack of in-sight as to what the gamers want in a game. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    What the hell capcom!first you **** up mega man and then Resident Evil? The plot is weird, its not scary, the gameplay is stable and the difficulty is annoying! Im sorry but i give up,resident evil is dead,period.
  26. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever hasI seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever has enough ammo to actually take out all the enemies in the game (unless you are a good shot). Most of the game was spent travelling from one cutscene to the other, while some of them were interesting to watch they gave the player only the option of pushing buttons at the right time which gets tedious very quickly. The areas are confusing to navigate through and feature many places that look identical and you quickly become bored of the lackluster scenery (everything pretty much looks like black sludge has been placed all over the walls and floors). The zombies are fun in small doses and quickly become tedious as group after group become an exercise of trying to find ammo to kill them all; often I found myself just running through most of the game without the ammo to fight back. The bosses haven't changed from any of the previous games and the same process of shoot for the head (or the orange parts) comes back into the game. Basically, it is run, shoot, find switch or key, cutscene, cutscene, boss. One particular interactive part is worth mentioning; you have to climb a rope using L1 and R1, for at least an hour I was stuck trying to press L1 and then R2 in correct sequence, only to fall back down the rope and have to start all over again. Was this worth my time? Certainly not, and is certainly isn't worth my money to experience this. Time for a change Capcom! Expand
  27. Oct 5, 2012
    If I wanted Gears of War, I'd buy Gears of War. I didn't have to wait three years and then shell out sixty dollars to play this cash-out piece of crap. I wish companies would learn that trying to turn great series into Call of Duty is a horrible idea in the end, but since it's Capcom, at this point I'm not really sure why I expected anything else.
  28. Jan 6, 2013
    Where is the horror genre had always RE in graphics I prefer Resident Evil 5 and the story is almost the same thing about a new virus that ultimately cure as ever. Lost the horror genre and gain more action, but for fans of resident evil 1,2 and 3 this game sucks
  29. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    I hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with thisI hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with this franchise forever. The games died when you released 4, The Movies died at afterlife... Wow... you REALLY dont know how to please fans. Please please PLEASE do NOT remake Resident Evil 2. You say you are if fans want it, but all you will do is make it that crap behind the back camera and make it non scary and all action. Goodbye Resident Evil. RIP.

Heres my full out review on my site: http://survivalhorrorlist.blogspot.com/2012/10/resident-evil-6-review.html
  31. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the lowIt's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  32. Jan 20, 2013
    This is not Resident Evil. it has no horror, no puzzles and no atmosphere.
    You want a real RE game? then go dust off your old good PSOne/PS2 and get down with RE2 and RE3, or even better play REmake on Gamecube or Wii.
  33. Apr 15, 2013
    How about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give thisHow about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give this game a bad review because it SUCKS even as an action game. There's parts in this game where you will be running or swimming from something and your character doesn't even move off the spot that they are in. The camera angles in some points in this game are terrible. Zombies have guns. I know a lot of people that say this game sucks get a lot of flack, but holy hell this game is not scary at all, My Little Pony is more scary that this. Even Leons part wasn#t that scary and a lot of you will think that this game doesn#t need to be scary, but in all honesty, they built this series on a horror, then those crappy Resident Evil movies came out and then all of a sudden they started changing the formula for the games. The only thing good about this game is how funny it is. There are 4 stories and the game is BIG, it might be a BIG game but I wanted the game to be over after 1 hour. I kept playing the game, hoping that it would get better, then I finished Adas part and I regretted it badly. The cover system is horrible aswell, why is it so hard to get into cover? Yes of course when you have it down packed it is easier after awhile but in an ACTION game it shouldn#t be as hard as it was. They tried to copy Gears of War and they failed,where as Gears of War cover system is one of the best I have ever seen. It seems as if a lot of games want to be CoD, but not only does this game want to be CoD it also wants to be Gears, even though Call of Duty sucks (IMO) it#s still a better experience than this game was.....Thankfully, Capcom has stated that they will be returning to survival horror for the next game. Expand
  34. Oct 4, 2012
    A game is not cinematical cutscenes less whe the gameplay is as terrible as it is.
    The only to blame is capcom and their need to overhurried one the most selling franchises but whe they care more about the money a less to get things right, and this is the result. Just don't felt for every children dumb comment who have the chance of playing it. Is as bad as to get most ppl angry with them.
  35. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  36. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  37. Mar 31, 2014
    You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6.You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6. There is absolutely no scares, but ofcourse even the fanboys know this. This game is beyond scripted, think youll get caught by the giant monster(forgot his name) that chases you? Hahahahahaha, hahahahah, LOL, ROFL, it will never happen. It is just a tease, a tease that happens quite a lot. Lame plot, incredibly lame main villain. More QTE's than enemies. Leon is now a little bitc**, nothing like the awesome-O he was in RE4. Mercenaries is ****** easy now. I tried to like it, but this game sucks really really bad. Oh yeah and the enemy AI? There is none! Expand
  38. Oct 15, 2014
    im a huge RE fan and RE4 is my fav game all the time i played RE6 for more than 60 hours and i platinumed RE6 i bought it in the hope of having a real survivor horror exp in leon campaign and it was good but in overall RE6 lost it identity greedy capcom trying to please everyone reaosn why i call it greedy as a survival/horror game it deserves 4/10 and as an action game 7/10
  39. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe: - Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse. Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  40. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  41. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  42. Oct 15, 2012
    I would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 onI would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 on most of the campaigns you will find you have to make the choice between ammo or herbs. Well normally that's something you may have to do in a resident evil, however you cannot simply throw away some items, store some items, etc. You have to carry around all weapons in a given campaign and usually that means you have to simply throw away an entire guns set of ammo just to carry an herb. That's unacceptable. Also items you currently own 0 of will still show up in the inventory, congesting your ability to quickly select anything. On top of all this the game simply falls flat. It has explosions, unrealistically dressed women who somehow manage to kill zombies while running around for hours in g-string panties. The AI is worse than a PSOne game's AI. No attempt was made here to satisfy Resident Evil fans. They simply want that Call of Duty retard gamer dollar and I imagine they hit their mark. For those of us that wanted to play a carefully crafted, detailed, immersive game Resident Evil is no longer an option. Thanks, Capcom! Expand
  43. Feb 9, 2013
    Terrible game, worst of 2012 for sure. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
    How can this on-rails crap be made from the same guys who made the amazing Dragon's Dogma?
  44. Oct 2, 2012
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

This game is just disgusting. I've completed Leon's campaign, and I am not going to give any spoilers, but I personally didn't like the story and it was BAD and cliche. Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good thing i can get on my head is that the game has awesome lightning effects and graphics are medicore. That's why i'll give it an 1 instead of 0. I can't suggest this game to anyone.
  45. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. IWell I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  46. Oct 4, 2012
    As with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and inAs with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and in the process has become one of the worst jumbled messes in recent history. The story is not even worth following anymore, the tidal wave of cliche "action" and "explosions" is almost sickening. The controls at times, feel like they are actually an enemy that was not disclosed in the manual and are purposely trying to get you killed. Perhaps they infected with the "C-Virus" as well? The C-Virus? Really? Is this the future of this series? To continue on until they run out of letters in the alphabet? Resident Evil 6 sheds everything that brought it to the stage of success it is at now in favor of mass appeal. It's simply the truth. I'm sure there are people who will try to defend it against this claim, but at the core, I'm sure everyone knows this to be true. This is not "evolution". Capcom is obviously not looking to improve the gameplay. They are simply looking to sell this to as broad an audience as possible. Looking at most of the financially successful franchises in circulation today, Capcom took a page from each of them and tried to jam them all into one box. It doesn't work well.

RE 6's stage is on a simply ridiculous scale. Each character escapes death by mere inches an unforgivable amount of times for the sake of "trying" to get the player excited, which in my case, failed to do so miserably. I am at a loss at how putting in completely ridiculous events and story telling is supposed to be entertaining these days. It's not like these effects and set pieces are new or anything where the player will gasp in anticipation. They're tired and lost their effect years ago.

Lastly, RE 6 is about as linear as it goes. It really is the tired cycle of running 20 feet, watch a cutscene, press a couple QTE buttons, shoot an enemy or two, rinse and repeat. I wanted to like this game, and it's very sad that I have to watch one of my favorite series in gaming go down in flames, but RE 6 is the nail in the coffin for me. It's over. Thankfully, I still have all the ones before it, and Capcom can't take that away from me.

Having read the director's response to the negative feedback from fans, it's rather sad that his only defense is to claim that he can't do what the fans want. Really? That's a great stance to have towards the people that even made this series viable to create today.

Avoid RE 6. If you have any inclination to buy this, simply watch a youtube playthrough of it. It will be cheaper and far less aggravating on you. Put your money in any other action game on the market which is likely to be better than this broken mess.
  47. Mar 25, 2013
    This game simply doesn't work. It looks pretty good sounds pretty good and plays atrociously. It would seem that the development team of this game weren't working towards the same goals here. One side opted for survival horror elements, the other went for a more action packed approach. The result of this is a clunky action game that leaves much to be desired.
  48. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  49. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi

they got the feel rjust ight in resi 5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years
  50. Oct 7, 2012
    This game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to theThis game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to the orginal, you wouldn't want a Mario FPS would you? this game gets a 0 for being that, a ZERO in today's crowded FPS and TPS online games...At least Operation raccoon city had real zombies Expand
  51. Oct 9, 2012
    Series faithful might stumble through for the sake of story, and perhaps to appreciate those few moments that recall when Resident Evil was at its peak glory. But this long, poor sequel is the ultimate test of patience for even the most dedicated.
  52. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst Resident evil game i have ever played in my life, and i thought RE5 was bad enough but this took it to a whole new level.

i bought the $95 anthology collection and i have to say this is the worst purchase i have ever made in my life, i played about 10-15mins of this and right out of the gate there is quick time events, and mostly just watching a darn movie. After that i just could not do it anymore, i hated RE4 and 5 for the over the sholder view and the No horror.

if you enjoyed RE 4 and 5 then you will prob love this as you most of you guys love change and love to accept anything that is thrown at you. love quick time events and long cutscenes? Do you love 3rd person shooters and Action games? love Zombies with guns! then well you will love this game then.

I hope capcom learns something from this, and goes back to the old style of Resident evil, i mean how do they go from Resident evil Remake to RE4 and 5 i mean come on!
  53. May 17, 2013
    O pior jogo da série ,perdeu o gênero de survival horror ficou muito ruim a camera e os personagens como Leon que parece com Dante do Devil May Cry .Tá na hora da Capcom fazer um Reboot do jogo, Deixa-lo bem do estilo survival Horror.
  54. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  55. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  56. Oct 2, 2012
    After this terrible experience i refuse to buy another resident evil game until it goes back to its origins. The Gameplay was awful the story was awful the controls was awful. Warning dont waste your money.
  57. Oct 6, 2012
    Welp, what Can I say....

I seriously don't know what they were thinking when they made this. They took everything that made Resident Evil what it is, threw it trough the window and replaced it with 3rd person shooter features. I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only
    Welp, what Can I say....

I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only hearing your footsteps resonating in the castle main hall? Rings any bell capcom? All I can see is fire and explosions here. what is this? I dont even... Whaa..?!

I am simply wordless, I cannot stress you enough how horrible they screwed it. Every mistake they could have made when making this game, they made it. You move fast as **** you can aim and walk at the same time, you can sprint, you have a cross air replacing your laser pointer, health recovers over time, the game is linear to a ridiculous point (AKA puzzles are dumb and nearly non existent)
    melee attacks... Oh god... Why do you even use guns... The knife is useless as it can be, unlike RE4 where it was your ammo saver. ( Shoot the head, kick, stab, get item or not, we all know the drill)

Which makes me think, whatever happened to Ashley? I was kind of hoping she would have been Leon's side kick but instead we got Ms.WhatsHerFace which no one ever heard about nor cared about.

I didn't even bothered going through the whole game, it simply disgusted me how they defaced RE.

So to sum it up, if you expect a survival horror by buying this game, I suggest you get Half-life with Cry of Fear installed instead, its cheaper and much more fun.

If you're dumb and light-headed, have at it.
  58. Oct 10, 2012
    I love resident evil and been playing all there games for years but I'm so mad I reserved this game, waited all this time and paid $60 to be so disappointed. I'm seeing mixed reviews but majority bad and trust me any one that's says this is a good game isn't a gamer.
  59. Oct 31, 2012
    Worst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There areWorst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There are keys to doors to go search for, but there are no keyholes to put the key in. Everything is just a mess with all the action. its just to much. Expand
  60. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. este es un buen juego, pero le falta algo mas que creo que en versiones anteriores estaba presente hablo de matar y destrozar zombies a diestra y siniestra en este juego no es tan fácil hablando de juegos tipo shooters creo que se quedo corto y el modo de juego comparándolo con el resident evil 5 a mi parecer era mejor que esta ultima versión actual que con su modo de ver el personaje moverse no están buena si tiene tecnología en juego buenos gráficos y la historia que muestra es buena claro despues de tantos años jugando resident evil la historia me gusta pero el modo de juego creo que lo cambiaron no se si por los desarrodadores del juego como tal en motor de movimento pero creo que se desviaron del camino con el publico que tenian que suplir principàl mente nosotros los viejos jugadores de resident evil... claro resalto y destaco la historia es bien como plantearon la historia pero no me gusto el modo de movimiento del personaje aunque tampoco que cuando juegas sientes que vas bien hasta que sales del juego y tienes que empezar de nuevo el capitulo es frustrante ya que si lo juegas en el modo mas difícil te cuesta por que tienes que combatir contra zombies entre golpes tiros y demás tácticas que uses para avanzar en el juego aparte los gráficos creo que pudieron ser mejor y también pudieron hacer un mapa abierto tipo gta eso le abría dado una tremenda innovación al juego Expand
  61. Jan 30, 2013
    This game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed thoseThis game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed those upgrades properly and when I understood I did everything right I was confused in why don't they work). There is no big enviroment to explore, find ammo and stuff, needless to say game has NO puzzles (well, it does, but only a **** 5-year old playing this piece of crap will justify their existence, they are that simple), it is riddled with ****ty prescripted sequences and QTE's (probably because RE4 had a little bit of those, but mind you - they were unexpected and paced in a way they scared the living **** out of you whenever they occured) which add nothing to the experience when they occur every cutscene and make you be constantly aware of them and absolutely unsurprised next time they pop up.
    Now excuse me, but I need my dose of Code Veronica's awesomness.
  62. Feb 13, 2013
    Where does one begin? Sadly, it seems the horror filled series we loved so long ago has finally crashed and burned. From monotonous gameplay, to over the top action not expected or really wanted in an RE game, a Capcom favorite has officially gone down the tube.
  63. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the cancer of this generation. WHERE DO I BEGIN?? I am blantently pissed at the fact that I cannot enjoy this game whatsoever. The gameplay makes no sense, the button tapping was too enforced. The characters we once know and loved are thrown into a mess of piss poor writing and sequence events. the only good thing to look farward to were the unlimited ammo unlocks so I could chug endless amounts of bullets for hours at what seem like rehashed obligatory creatures. AGENT HUNT MODE, why does this get me so pissed off???? why did I beat the game just to get rewarded with a mode that blatantly slaps me right in the face? choose a level and you are thrown into a random level where you become a miniscule creature whos goal is to kill survivors. but they aren't the survivors, no! the other players are overpowered, blowing you down with unlimited grenade launchers, AK-47, grenades, mines, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect. There is virtually no fun in agent hunt. I heard you were able to used a pea shooter but I never found the level. the only thing they did right (maybe) was the mercenaries. but no, no that does not raise my score, not even but a significant amount. the makers of RE6 knew they up, they are working on a new game THAT IS NOT LISCENCED BY Thank you game, get the out of my life. Expand
  64. Jul 11, 2013
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play. I still count the original resident evils as some of my favourite games ever, I even enjoyed resi 5. I'd read the mostly damning reviews of this game but thought I'd give it a go for the love. The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring. There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play.

The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring.

There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section for ages, each shoot out takes ages, everything about this game is looooong.

Where as the pre resi 4 games could be completed in a couple of hours, the campaigns in this game take about 8, and there's four of them.

You definitely get a lot for your money but unfortunately most of it is crap.

Add to that dodgy controls and frustrating cheap deaths.

There have been other games with similar dodgy controls and overuse of cutscenes, eg max Payne 3, but at least that had a cool story/script. Resi 6 is just overlong and convoluted.

On top of all this game is not scary either, it's just kind of annoying.

I did not enjoy playing it at all which is genuinely heartbreaking considering my love for the old games.

If you consider yourself a resi fan don't bother with this, the franchise died a long time ago.
  65. Oct 4, 2012
    It's just an insane rollercoaster ride.
    ASTA LUEGO CAPCOM!
  66. Oct 4, 2012
    That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face.
  67. Nov 17, 2012
    What a horrible game I bought it used but had to give it back and fortunately got my money back. What makes it bad? the poor design, the story itself is just boring, Konami should seriously bringing back the old days where you had puzzles and the game was really a survival horror not somewhere where you basically have infinite bullets just lots of action and 0 plot. Pathetic.
  68. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was simply awful, /v/ was right. I shouldn't play video games anymore. All the ones who have good reviews are either shills or viral marketers.
  69. Oct 3, 2012
    Shame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. TheShame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. The gameplay is a mess, the camera is terrible, the objectives are redundant, the combat/gameplay in general is unbelievably bland and joyless and lacks any tension or atmosphere. The return of zombies that the developers keep boasting is haphazard at best - these "zombies" are not at all the way we remember - they're clumsy, die easy and they're just not scary at all. It's almost as if they were making an entirely different game and thought "hey, this game we're making isn't turning out so well - let's put some zombies in it and call it Resident Evil 6!" It makes me sick that Capcom would blatantly sell out the series and it's fans like this, and Hiroyuki Kobayashi said it himself that ditching R.E's iconic dark gameplay and survival horror roots was all about $$$$ diamonds & ferrari's and so forth. Excuse me while I'm sick... Expand
  70. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should haveHorrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should have avoided it after watching the Clueless Gamer by Conan. I guess I like wasting money. I have no way of proving this but I think this game gave me cancer. Expand
  71. Oct 16, 2012
    I played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there isI played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there is excuse. For me the criticism of 5 should have been enough for Capcom to go back to the drawing board and make a game following some old conventions and mixing new to create a proper game and not just an interactive showcase which follows more the **** films than the previous excellent games. Storyline is there, characters are there and the monsters are there but this game misses the mark for me. Expand
  72. Sep 6, 2013
    The worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your inThe worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your in video sequences). The fact anyone gave it a ten means the world of gaming has died, RIP world of gaming, its been fun. PS. i played the Ada campaign. couldn't bear to try the others... its so bad. Expand
  73. Oct 3, 2012
    As a long term RE fan, This game shocked and appalled every sense my body has. Even ones I didn't know I had. This game is not scary. The control system is really bad. This gives the feel that capcom wanted the CoD audience. It really pales in comparison with RE4, And somehow makes 5 a good game.
    Yep, that's how much they screwed this game up.
    This game is terrible. Don't buy it.
  74. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst in the series. I loved the horror filed 4th AND the action packed 5th, but number six is just battlefield against zombies with ALOT worse graphics. I constantly struggle with trying to locate my position while banging into walls and corner due to extremely poor lighting settings and with no improvement when trying to change the brightness. Save your bucks on this one, buyBy far the worst in the series. I loved the horror filed 4th AND the action packed 5th, but number six is just battlefield against zombies with ALOT worse graphics. I constantly struggle with trying to locate my position while banging into walls and corner due to extremely poor lighting settings and with no improvement when trying to change the brightness. Save your bucks on this one, buy something else...anything else. Expand
  75. Oct 4, 2012
    Similar to RE5, but worse. RE5: Epic Movie edition, with nothing but cliches, over-the-top in-your-face mindless action sequences with far too many quicktime events. No more struggling to find enough ammo, no scares or true horror additions in the story. Just a lazy addition to what was once a great series.
  76. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high qualityThis is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high quality campaign for Terran in SC2 and put the rest sides of the conflict in addons instead of three low-medium quality campaign. Expand
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    The game just fails to fulfill its promises in many levels. This game is no longer a survival games. Clearly the call of duty virus is spreading around. It is just copy past from many games
  78. Oct 2, 2012
    By no means this is a 0 quality game. It really is an average action 3rd person game that will probably please some people. The reason It gets a 0 from me, is because it has the misleading title of a numbered RE sequel but the product i ended up playing was something like Gears of War meets CoD.
  79. Oct 13, 2012
    I knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented butI knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented but they don't give you action ammo. You will run out of ammo a lot. Also the camera is extremely annoying at times. Just do yourself a favor and forget this game and franchise. I'm so glad I rented it... and even then I still want my money back. Go out and buy Dishonored instead. NOW that's a fun game. Expand
  80. Feb 12, 2013
    Personally I thought the game was whack. This is just one of those games that doesn't need enemies with assault rifles. Playing the part of chris was lame and playing the park of jake was whack too. The only decent part was leon. But even then the story is nothing special
  81. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot.
    Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  82. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't evenI'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  83. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After this lawlessness I will never buy a Resident Evil game.
    I wouldn't say capcom tried to copy any of other game series, they tried to copy their own ideas just adding inappropriate explosions every 3 minutes.
    I didn't noticed any kind of sane plot. It begins with simulated big bangs and it's repeated until the very end.
    "We will give them explosions. They love explosions at every second"
    Characters communicate only in monosyllables and it's quite annoying. it seems that neither I nor the characters themselves do not understand what makes them tick. They just shoot and go somewhere not quite sure why they need to. Then they meet other characters and then shoot at everything that moves .... and then explosions... and then again ...
    You can describe the plotthis way. The bad characters infected the planet guided by ridiculous motives. It's the end of the world. The good characters are trying to stop it and succeed. The end.
    Clumsy game mechanics make the gameplay to get boring by the end of of one of the four companies.

With original RE capcom changed beyond recognition survival horror genre.
    With RE 4 capcom caused the revolution in 3rd person shooter.
    With RE 6 capcom evolutionized the "commercial blockbuster" genre (as I name it).
  84. Oct 25, 2012
    i will be honest after replaying resident evil 4 and 5 then giving a look at this game i cant help but feel its all going down hill what made the whole resident evil /bio hazard was mostly being alone checking your ammo now and again deciding if to keep that extra box of ammo or the herb and generally the fact you did not feel like a superhuman who can mow down zombies in a snap.
  85. Oct 2, 2012
    Why Capcom? Just, why? RE was one of my favorite series of all time and now you decided to make it into something without any sense of personality! Copying any other TPS in existance isn't always a good idea. For all of those who haven't played it yet, if your favorite game of all time is MW3 then you'll dig it for sure, this isn't RE anymore.
  86. Oct 4, 2012
    Stupid camera, laggy controls. Annoying gameplay. Sometimes FPS has drop to uncomfortable low. I have no idea what developers tried to create, but they failed. Not recommended to buy at all.
  87. Oct 2, 2012
    This isn't survival horror, it wants to be gears of war and call of duty.
    Fails on all accounts, major disappointment, horrible game, I want my money back :(
  88. Oct 3, 2012
    Call of Evil 6 ou Gears of Evil 6?Esse Resident Evil 6 é só mais um jogo de ação entre tantos que já foram lançados esse ano.R.I.P Resident Evil.Por causa dessa geração,e a ganancia da Capcom,que Resident Evil virou uma merda.
  89. Oct 17, 2012
    Tuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto aTuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto a tu personaje que hace imposible ver lo que tenemos a nuestro alrededor. Físicas Inexistentes, puedes deslizarte sobre una mesa o escritorio lleno de cajas, libros, latas, comida, etc, Y estas ni se mueven, ni se inmutan, tu personaje solo las traspasa, Otro aspecto totalmente negativo es el combate cuerpo a cuerpo, que esta totalmente desbalanceado puedes matar a cuanto zombies y enemigos quieras de esta manera. Municiones por doquier, en todas partes consigues Balas y si a eso le sumas que la mayor parte del juego vas a lo TEKKEN haciendo agarres y lanzando Patadas pues las Balas te Sobran. DONDE ESTAN LOS PUZZLESSS???? Dios mio!!! DONDE ESTA EL SURVIVOR HORROR??? Destrozaron una Excelente Saga!!! Esto no es un Resident Evil, es un Call of Duty en tercera persona!!!! En cuanto a los Gráficos, ATROZ, ESPANTOSO!!! Totalmente comparable con el RE4 y no con el RE5 no se que hizo CAPCOM con su excelente motor gráfico usado en RE5, aquí tenemos TEXTURAS CUTRES, UN BORDE PIXELADO QUE RODEA A NUESTRO PERSONAJE EN LAS CINEMÁTICAS, ILUMINACIÓN EXAGERADA. En fin un Desastre. Lo único bueno de este Expand
  90. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goesI don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goes nowhere (having 4 tasteless campaigns), has poor pacing, broken mechanics and an idiotic argument (even for this franchise). In short, it's a simple mess which feels more like a long chore than a game.
    To fanboys: RE will not die if this installment sinks, but it will if you try to keep it alive.
  91. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is justThis game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us.
    I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain.
  92. Oct 7, 2012
    Capcom raise the bar of mediocrity in every way ! The only thing we can call survival horror in this game is the fact to buy it ! How disapointing for the Resident evil fan that i was ! The fourth installment of the serie was spectacular, innovative, probably one of the best video game i ever played. I understand that a concept need a refresh from time to time but not this way !
  93. Oct 11, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It's a game without spirit itself, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But most are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a real Resident Evil.
  94. Oct 12, 2012
    IN SPANISH: Es una mierda de videojuego con todas las letras. IN ENGLISH: videogame sucks with all letters
    IN SPANISH: No tiene nombre lo que le hizo Capcom a esta saga. Siendo los primeros BIOHAZARD una auténtica maravilla y estos últimos la mierda más grande jamás vista. IN ENGLISH: No name what Capcom did this saga. Being the first BIOHAZARD a marvel and the latter the biggest **** ever.
  95. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  96. Oct 12, 2012
    True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL:True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL: Los verdaderos fans de esta saga son los que critican duramente esta nueva entrega y nó los que la defienden. Y la explicación es bien sencilla, esta nueva entrega no puede considerarse un "Biohazard", porque sencillamente carece de las bases para poder serlo. Biohazard se caracterizaba por ser un título de terror, un título de supervivencia. Es decir, un Survival Horror y no un mal shooter con un pésimo control. Expand
  97. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  98. Oct 15, 2012
    First comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THISFirst comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THIS SERIES SINCE ITS INCEPTION. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Focusing on this latest installment (Resident Evil 6), besides denying the genre that gave it life, can not even be considered a good game in its genre now (shooter). Where we have gameplay that is pitiful and a camera that lets you sold on more than one occasion, these aspects were forgivable at the time of the first chapters and more so considering the genre. But they can not forgive in current times less in the case of a genus (shooter) in which it is essential to good control and a camera chord. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Other negatives of note would be ... that there is little exploration, the few puzzles that give no shame, the atmosphere does not compare to that of the first titles and nowhere near the argument seems a bad joke with many inconsistencies.The only good thing to note would be the length, but of little use if the content offered is bad and boring. All this would leave us empty and soulless game. Collapse Expand
  99. Oct 15, 2012
    RE6 is lousy as Survival Horror, is disastrous as shooter. And as a game is not worth a penny. Future installments will not buy unless they have the quality of the first and return to Survival Horror.
  100. Dec 3, 2012
    This series is just continuing down hill. Pathetic. Resident Evil 6 reinforces Capcom's tradition of taking a giant load on this series. I would have thought that the failure of Operation Raccoon City would have helped them to realize that.
  101. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Resident evil was lost ... it's a shame such a good game, end this way ... not worth buying ... is the same as playing a mário in format shooter. Dead space is much more than the new RE games in the series. Collapse

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.