Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Oct 7, 2012
    As far as capcom goes these days with pissing of fans of their games, they use to love but now is destroyed for the money. Resident Evil 6 is their last chance.

Story: In this game you can pick up to 3 campaigns you would like to play. The main characters for the 3 are Leon, Chris, and Jake A.K.A Albert wesker's son. Leon goes back to somewhat of RE4's style of play where he shot the president and has to find the culprit behind the mess. Chris is similar to RE5 with action sequences. Jake is adventure where he will have to escape from the Tyrant Ustank while trying to make his blood become a cure to the world. There is a 4th campaign which is only avavliable once you complete Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaigns which is Ada Wong. Ada is trying to investigate on why is there another form of herself.

Gameplay: without a doubt RE6 has excellent gameplay. sprinting, quick shots, sliding, oh wait here is one everyone wanted shooting while moving yay. Performing counters on enemies at the exact which i feel that is isn't necessary for this game. For Capcom to take the countering of Uncharted 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, and city feels that it isn't right especially on a horror game back then. Meleeing is limited unlike RE4, RE5 where if you use it too much you'll lose your stamina and won't be able to melee for awhile unless you have health tablets. Which not only does it restore your health but restores your stamina completely. Healh tablets can be used multiple times. Vehicle parts of the game feel so clunky that you won't be able to get the enemies accurately. Skill points are introduced where you can spend them to unlock specific skills to all characters in the game. Whether it be reducing damage, to dealing more damage to enemies, etc. Mercenaries appears again with getting a high score in limited time. Agent Hunt is basically WTF. You can play as the enemies to eliminate the main characters which is basically capcom just deciding to imitate L4D's versus mode and EA's Dead space 2. controlling the enemies feel so stiff that its difficult to attack the main characters. Another bad thing is as completing it either killing the main character or failing to kill them you don't get award with skill points, only count towards record for medals. shame.

Overall capcom may have prevented themselves from losing finance with this game but feels that its a good game to bring back alot of things that fans wanted but still dissapoint them at the same time. In my opinion i feel that capcom did an good NOT outstanding job on making RE6 a good game just because its not what all fans wanted to be however i understand how they feel to losing something that was good back and now is completely changed. Those fans have to move on its never going to be the same all the time.
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Where is the horror genre had always RE in graphics I prefer Resident Evil 5 and the story is almost the same thing about a new virus that ultimately cure as ever. Lost the horror genre and gain more action, but for fans of resident evil 1,2 and 3 this game sucks
  3. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot.
    Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  4. Dec 17, 2015
    Best campaign trowel Ada Because have stealth game play
    generally best than Resident evil 5 because have different campaign and The New version MT Framework 2 Graphically it's good
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    I hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with thisI hope this serves as a wake up call Capcom. We do NOT want our series turned into third person Call Of Duty. You are NOT activision and Resident Evil Is NOT third person Cod. Wake up! Resident Evil ORC FAILED for being focused on action. This game FAILED for being focused on action. Whats next? Another bad installment? No just no. This is the final straw. Im totally done with this franchise forever. The games died when you released 4, The Movies died at afterlife... Wow... you REALLY dont know how to please fans. Please please PLEASE do NOT remake Resident Evil 2. You say you are if fans want it, but all you will do is make it that crap behind the back camera and make it non scary and all action. Goodbye Resident Evil. RIP.

Heres my full out review on my site: http://survivalhorrorlist.blogspot.com/2012/10/resident-evil-6-review.html
  6. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the lowIt's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  7. Apr 15, 2013
    How about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give thisHow about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give this game a bad review because it SUCKS even as an action game. There's parts in this game where you will be running or swimming from something and your character doesn't even move off the spot that they are in. The camera angles in some points in this game are terrible. Zombies have guns. I know a lot of people that say this game sucks get a lot of flack, but holy hell this game is not scary at all, My Little Pony is more scary that this. Even Leons part wasn#t that scary and a lot of you will think that this game doesn#t need to be scary, but in all honesty, they built this series on a horror, then those crappy Resident Evil movies came out and then all of a sudden they started changing the formula for the games. The only thing good about this game is how funny it is. There are 4 stories and the game is BIG, it might be a BIG game but I wanted the game to be over after 1 hour. I kept playing the game, hoping that it would get better, then I finished Adas part and I regretted it badly. The cover system is horrible aswell, why is it so hard to get into cover? Yes of course when you have it down packed it is easier after awhile but in an ACTION game it shouldn#t be as hard as it was. They tried to copy Gears of War and they failed,where as Gears of War cover system is one of the best I have ever seen. It seems as if a lot of games want to be CoD, but not only does this game want to be CoD it also wants to be Gears, even though Call of Duty sucks (IMO) it#s still a better experience than this game was.....Thankfully, Capcom has stated that they will be returning to survival horror for the next game. Expand
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  9. Jun 18, 2016
    The story is almost 10/10, but weak cutscenes and everything seems very unfinished and unpolished specially Leon and Helena campaign. Seriously you dont wanna waste your money if not falls under 20€-15€
  10. Mar 19, 2017
    Un jeu loin des codes initiaux de la série (pas de stress, musiques insipides et non représentative du jeu, scénario qui part dans tous les sens niveau chronologie et surtout en "cohérence de jeu", personnages quasi inexistants, etc etc), mais qui se paye aussi le luxe d'être une pâle copie de tous les autres, et de ne rien apporter de neuf.

Niveau gameplay, c'est le néant : Inventaire

Niveau gameplay, c'est le néant : Inventaire non intuitif, système de fight plus proche d'un Street Fighter qu'autre chose, et indigeste de nombreuses fois (passage en scooter des neiges, caméra qui bouge style bateau en pleine tempête, système de couverture qui se veut nouveau mais déjà fait et surtout qui bug à fond pour ne citer qu'eux). Bref, là dessus il n'invente pas l'eau chaude, en plus d'avoir une technique de conception qui fait mal à voir parfois...

Un jeu réservé aux bourrins qui se fichent de l'histoire de la série, et veulent juste de l'action brute. Mais même là, d'autres jeux sont au dessus et de loin.

Je mets 1, juste pour le contenu énorme. Mais la quantité ne fait pas la qualité, comme on dit...
  11. Jan 31, 2016
    Story: 6/10
    Story: 6/10
    Resident Evil is known for its ridiculous plotlines, ranging from being chased by a giant mechanical Napoleon lookalike to crashing landing a bomber into a volcano. Resident Evil 6 is no exception and is definitely the most ambitious game to date, filled with cinematic set pieces set across the globe, feeling more like a Call of Duty entry rather than Resident Evil entry. Although the scale of the plot is impressive it also takes away from the classic creepy plotline of the original games. Due to the downfall of Umbrella and the death of Albert Wesker, Resident Evil 6 introduces Neo-Umbrella and a host of new villains and BOWs. However these characters feel more like replacements for beloved Resident Evil enemies rather than new ones.
    Unlike previous entries, Resident Evil 6 explores characters beyond quirky one liners and their zombie killing abilities. This is only really evident is Chris and Pier’s campaign which features flashbacks of a traumatized Chris after the loss of his men although this is a refreshing change of storytelling for the Resident Evil series it felt dragged and frankly annoying.

Visuals & Sound: 7/10
    Capcom has made a huge effort to restore Resident Evil to the dark creepy atmosphere that made the series such a success. They manage to achieve this in Leon’s campaign which maintains a creepy atmosphere for the majority of the game. This is not the case in Chris’s and Jake’s campaigns which tend to focus on large gun battles in well lit areas far more than Resident Evil 5. As I mentioned earlier Resident Evil 6 is filled with huge cinematic set pieces that could rival Uncharted. At times large set pieces and sequences such as driving a motorcycle at helicopter or attacking a battleship with a jet seem too big for the game itself and unnecessary.
    Like its predecessors Resident Evil 6 is filled with gigantic boss battles and questionable enemy designs. These range from terrifying to ridiculous with some end game bosses almost laughable. This mainly concerns the J’Avo which are able mutate and evolve after taking damage to a body part. These mutations cause them to generate new limbs turnings them into insects and giant moths.

Gameplay: 6/10
    Resident Evil 6 continues with the third-person over-the-shoulder perspective introduced in the Resident Evil 4 although allowing the player to move while aiming such as in The Mercenaries game for the 3DS. Characters movement speed has also been sped up significantly allowing players to sprint in standard gameplay. This is a welcomed addition to the series although the movement seems overly loose and inaccurate. Thankfully they have replaced the dreadful inventory system used in Resident Evil 5, allowing characters to select and use items easily while in combat.
    Button-mashing has returned but is now more frequent and frustrating than in past games. The button sequences are triggered when a player is grabbed by an enemy or when performing an action such as accessing a control panel. The weapon and aiming system remains unchanged but you can no longer upgrade guns as in Resident Evil 5. Weapon damage is now upgraded in the perk system which allows the user to select 3 perks at a time to improve their character and weapons. These perks are purchased using skill points which are picked up as items during the game. Although I appreciate the idea I prefer the old upgrading system used in Resident Evil 4 & 5. The idea of picking up skill points as item rather than simply earning them by completing a chapter is a terrible idea especially considering harder difficulties were every bullet and shell is essential.

Extras & Multiplayer: 7/10
    Resident Evil 5 had huge replay value featuring a lengthy cooperative campaign with chapter select, mercenaries and a semi-descent multiplayer. Capcom have taken this to a whole new level adding four full campaigns, mercenaries and new game mode called Agent Mode. This allows players to join other player’s games as a zombie and your goal is to kill them similar to versus mode in Left 4 Dead although not a good due poor controls. Mercenaries mode remains the same as past games but only 3 maps are included with an additional 3 as a pre-order bonus which is disappointing. Like Resident Evil 5, this game seems too focused on cooperative play making the game quite boring when playing alone. However from what I have played of Ada’s campaign it seems like a good singleplayer experience with a classic Resident Evil.

Enjoyment: 6/10
    Overall I was disappointed with Resident Evil 6 having been a huge fan of the series. This was due to frustrating gameplay and long and tedious chapters although the drop in and out system was handy. Despite my disappointment Resident Evil 6 was a descent game but it wasn’t a Resident Evil game.

Overall Rating: 6/10
  12. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  14. Oct 31, 2012
    Resident Evil continues it's journey toward mainstream action adventure lands. Stop your pathetic weeping diehard Resi fans, nothing stays the same forever, and this is a very good game.
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    Loving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved everyLoving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved every minute thus far. What makes a great game to me - can you not wait to get home to play it? I can't wait to play this game, enthralled by it! Expand
  16. Oct 3, 2012
    Giving this game 1-4 for a score is JUST RIDICULOUS.
    This game yes it is surely NOT a traditional resident evil game.
    It does have some identity issues but its still a GOOD ACTION GAME. Yes i know its not supposed to be an action-type game but thats ho capcom made this. and as an action game, its a good one SO STOP **** about it not being traditionally survival horror and JUST LIVE
    Giving this game 1-4 for a score is JUST RIDICULOUS.
    This game yes it is surely NOT a traditional resident evil game.
    It does have some identity issues but its still a GOOD ACTION GAME.
    and as an action game, its a good one
    SO STOP **** about it not being traditionally survival horror and JUST LIVE WITH what you got.
    Get over it.
  17. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  18. Oct 2, 2013
    Alright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you playAlright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you play through 4 different campaigns (no that isnt a spoiler seeing as capcom desided to show Ada's campaign before the game was released) but yes Leon,Chris,Jake and Ada. all different and all crossover witch i thought was pretty cool. Leon's campaign feels more like a blend of resi 2,4 and 5 and that's a good thing seeing as its the best campaign.Then Chris...now his campaign actually shocked me..it was not terrible..it was actually pretty well done,even the story witch was abit weird seeing as it cut from the past to the present but you understand whats going on so it isnt confusing.Then there is Jake....people seem to hate on this one the most because you can use hand to hand combat more and because of this..people on it "how are you ment to use hand to hand combat on guys with guns"...ok seriously? first of all in Jake's campaign you seem to forget he has a bunch of gun's and weapons to use you dont have to use have to hand but there is a point in his campaign were you will have no choice..now its only a short bit but there i agree, it does get alittle frustrating but once you get used to it its actually not that bad.Finally Ada's campaign...its pretty much alot like resident evil 4 you have simple puzzles,creepy setting and awkward gameplay because resident evil 6's gameplay can be very awkward at times but capcom have sorted that (kinda) with the camera witch was pretty bad and annoying but not anymore it can still be pretty f*cking annoying but better then it was. So resident evil 6...better then 5 but one up from the worst in the series isnt good.Bring back more of the horror,more of the puzzles and you will see a change in everyone's scores capcom.However review the game as a game dont compare it to what resident evil was. Expand
  19. Sep 26, 2013
    its ok but its not survival horror anymore it is way too action heavy and the only real good campaign is the Leon campaign hell its not as bad as operation raccoon city
  20. Sep 30, 2013
    It´s a good game, but for a numbered title of the franchise, that make part of chronology of Resident Evil, this is a worst of all.
  21. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  22. Jan 18, 2013
    First of all.....To people that say that Capcom moved to a new direction with RE4, you are ignorant and you should do your research before saying nonsense and looking like a fool.
    The first RE that was like this (with the solder camera/3rd person shooter) was "Resident Evil: Dead Aim" and it was released back in 2003.....yeah 10 years ago....
    Now about RE6... In general it's a great
    Now about RE6...
    In general it's a great game, long game, great graphics, great story, great cut scenes, weapons, secrets, a lot of things to do and to complete,mini games, you drive various vehicles.....fun-fun-fun there is no doubt about that, and IT IS well made. Every single detail from the menu screen/UI to the music everything is well made.
    BUT
  23. Oct 4, 2012
    As with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and inAs with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and in the process has become one of the worst jumbled messes in recent history. The story is not even worth following anymore, the tidal wave of cliche "action" and "explosions" is almost sickening. The controls at times, feel like they are actually an enemy that was not disclosed in the manual and are purposely trying to get you killed. Perhaps they infected with the "C-Virus" as well? The C-Virus? Really? Is this the future of this series? To continue on until they run out of letters in the alphabet? Resident Evil 6 sheds everything that brought it to the stage of success it is at now in favor of mass appeal. It's simply the truth. I'm sure there are people who will try to defend it against this claim, but at the core, I'm sure everyone knows this to be true. This is not "evolution". Capcom is obviously not looking to improve the gameplay. They are simply looking to sell this to as broad an audience as possible. Looking at most of the financially successful franchises in circulation today, Capcom took a page from each of them and tried to jam them all into one box. It doesn't work well.

RE 6's stage is on a simply ridiculous scale. Each character escapes death by mere inches an unforgivable amount of times for the sake of "trying" to get the player excited, which in my case, failed to do so miserably. I am at a loss at how putting in completely ridiculous events and story telling is supposed to be entertaining these days. It's not like these effects and set pieces are new or anything where the player will gasp in anticipation. They're tired and lost their effect years ago.

Lastly, RE 6 is about as linear as it goes. It really is the tired cycle of running 20 feet, watch a cutscene, press a couple QTE buttons, shoot an enemy or two, rinse and repeat. I wanted to like this game, and it's very sad that I have to watch one of my favorite series in gaming go down in flames, but RE 6 is the nail in the coffin for me. It's over. Thankfully, I still have all the ones before it, and Capcom can't take that away from me.

Having read the director's response to the negative feedback from fans, it's rather sad that his only defense is to claim that he can't do what the fans want. Really? That's a great stance to have towards the people that even made this series viable to create today.

Avoid RE 6. If you have any inclination to buy this, simply watch a youtube playthrough of it. It will be cheaper and far less aggravating on you. Put your money in any other action game on the market which is likely to be better than this broken mess.
  24. Nov 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls workIf you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls work well, and the story is classic Resident Evil lore. So grab a buddy and enjoy an action-packed title puts you through some absolutely crazy stunts. Bottom line, who doesn't enjoy taking on a zombie horde? Expand
  25. Oct 12, 2012
    this game does not deserve such a low user score from what i played this game is a big improvement over number 5 such as leons campaign, it feels like a nice nostalgia trip as it constantly reminded me of 2 and 4. also jakes campaign is also really enjoyable sure it is not resident evil scary or action on par with uncharted but the set pieces were entertaining and story really good. on thethis game does not deserve such a low user score from what i played this game is a big improvement over number 5 such as leons campaign, it feels like a nice nostalgia trip as it constantly reminded me of 2 and 4. also jakes campaign is also really enjoyable sure it is not resident evil scary or action on par with uncharted but the set pieces were entertaining and story really good. on the downside though chris redfields campaign fails in several levels i thought both him and his partner were not entertaining as a duo and quite irritating not grinder and whatever his face bad but just not great, also if this was the most action heavy part why on earth did they still make ammo conservation vital there should have been a decent load of ammo available but because there was not it was overall very tedious as with jakes campaign there is not that much javo to defeat and his hand to hand is awesome i just felt this one was unnecessary overall this game is worth the money as there is a lot of content included there is also a lot of things i did not point out but they are probably already mentioned. Expand
  26. Nov 28, 2012
    Just a quick one...Resident Evil has moved into a new direction. Deal with it. If you stop comparing it to past games, you may enjoy it. Treat it as an individual piece and you'll like it. As i said with Resident Evil 5, The scares usually disappear when it stops becoming YOUR problem, and becomes more world wide, which is where the virus has spread to...all over the globe, people areJust a quick one...Resident Evil has moved into a new direction. Deal with it. If you stop comparing it to past games, you may enjoy it. Treat it as an individual piece and you'll like it. As i said with Resident Evil 5, The scares usually disappear when it stops becoming YOUR problem, and becomes more world wide, which is where the virus has spread to...all over the globe, people are feeling the effects of the virus, so it's no longer JUST YOU, .. I love this game. And to all the trolls...Thanks for giving it such bad feedback, as it led to me getting it on the cheap. Lots of negative reviews = Price drop! So, please carry on...If you could just go and troll 'Far Cry 3' for a while i'd be greatful...Thanks! Expand
  27. Mar 19, 2013
    I give it a 5 out of 10 & that's only cause of Mercenaries mode which is the best Mercs mode in the series. RE6's campaigns are lackluster at best. The plot is dull & quite predictable. This game is a rent, not a buy. I played and finished all campaigns in less than 3 days, after completing the campaigns I went to Mercs mode where I found more replayability than in the actual game. WhatI give it a 5 out of 10 & that's only cause of Mercenaries mode which is the best Mercs mode in the series. RE6's campaigns are lackluster at best. The plot is dull & quite predictable. This game is a rent, not a buy. I played and finished all campaigns in less than 3 days, after completing the campaigns I went to Mercs mode where I found more replayability than in the actual game. What made the Mercs mode in RE6 so fun was the fact that you now have more of a strategy fo all enemy types. You can now roll, dodge, do combo attacks & tackle attacks that either stun or knock the enemy off it's feet; like previous Mercs mode this is best played with a partner.

Now... the campaign is no different than 4 & 5 with the exception of the new control mechanics, aside from that the AI partner is more helpful unlike in RE5... but the enemy AI is some of the worst I have seen, like standing in the line of fire & doing nothing at times. Survival horror is non-existing in this nor the past two numbered installments. It's an action game with monsters in it & nothing else. Rent the game first, wait for the next installment & pray for the best. Anyone telling you otherwise is more than likely.
  28. May 10, 2014
    This game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are veryThis game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are very well done and I cannot deny that they look very nice. Resident Evil is known for it's sound effects and this game is no exception. All he snarls and shouts are very good and you can tell where they are. Now for gameplay; It has its problems but also it's good points. The game offers drop-in, drop-out co-op and this can help you quite a bit in some the hard parts. If you don't want to play with a human, the partner AI is competent, which I am grateful for. The individual four campaigns play differently. This makes the gameplay, as well as the story, feel a little unfocused. Leon's campaign plays like Resident Evil 4. His campaign is the strongest and it has some moments that do startle, albeit being mostly jump scares. Jake's campaign plays like a runner game, i.e. there's a monster and you escape from it. I didn't mind this one too much, it wasn't too special, but I like the fact they brought Sherry back from Resident Evil 2. Chris' felt as the weaker one and felt scattered in terms of story. It plays like any generic third person shooter in the vein of Gears of Wars. Due to that, it plays too generic. The story is scattered and can be confusing at times because it jumps between two timelines. Ada's story is the second best campaign. It plays like a stealth game and it's a little harder. Quick Time Events are reintroduced, but I feel like the number is overstated. There are a number of them but they come up at times when you would have the controller in hand. Now for the story. Since Capcom killed off Wesker, you should expect a strained story. This is also due to it being split among 4 campaigns that messes with it's canon frequently. Basic gist, a new virus has been created. After the virus is tested on a university campus in the US, the race is on to stop the person behind the attack. Overall, I liked the game. It`s got it`s problems, but I was able to look past them. 7.6/10. It is definitely closer to the weaker end of Resident Evil and it terms of the RE games released as of late, Resident Evil Revelations is a stronger game. But I still like this game. I would recommend hat you buy this game used or at a discounted price, because it will be hit or miss for many people. Expand
  29. Jun 6, 2015
    Highly underrated game. Not sure why this game got such bad reviews. All the different scenarios for each character are awesome. Love the different types of zombies. I'd recommend this game if you can pick it up somewhere for cheap definitely.
  30. Oct 8, 2012
    I laugh at these scores, it's not like this is the 1st RE that went action route. It seems like most of the population went full retard.

Let me tell u all this, some of us might find the game scary, some of my friends do (true story) especially to Leon's campaign. Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the

Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the chacs and the settings and the ability to play co-op with friends just like RE5.

Plz don't be so ignorant and say 'RE5 or RE4 is a better game" because it's not in a long shot. They are most or less the same, BUT, the main signature about RE6 is the content it is offering.
  31. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  32. Nov 19, 2014
    Story line of this is very good and bound reminiscent impressions from RE2, RE4 and RE5, productplay is different, but it is mainstream now. Also quality of video/audio and programming - perfect.
  33. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi

they got the feel rjust ight in resi 5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years
  34. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  35. Oct 15, 2012
    I would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 onI would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 on most of the campaigns you will find you have to make the choice between ammo or herbs. Well normally that's something you may have to do in a resident evil, however you cannot simply throw away some items, store some items, etc. You have to carry around all weapons in a given campaign and usually that means you have to simply throw away an entire guns set of ammo just to carry an herb. That's unacceptable. Also items you currently own 0 of will still show up in the inventory, congesting your ability to quickly select anything. On top of all this the game simply falls flat. It has explosions, unrealistically dressed women who somehow manage to kill zombies while running around for hours in g-string panties. The AI is worse than a PSOne game's AI. No attempt was made here to satisfy Resident Evil fans. They simply want that Call of Duty retard gamer dollar and I imagine they hit their mark. For those of us that wanted to play a carefully crafted, detailed, immersive game Resident Evil is no longer an option. Thanks, Capcom! Expand
  36. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOWLol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  37. Feb 9, 2013
    Terrible game, worst of 2012 for sure. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
    How can this on-rails crap be made from the same guys who made the amazing Dragon's Dogma?
  38. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is indispensable for fans. It has a great balance between tension and action. Fluid gameplay, good graphics, sounds exceptional, captivating storyline and lots of fun.
  39. Nov 2, 2012
    I really love how everyone hates this masterpiece, they just lower the scores to 0 to justify the fact that they don't like what Capcom made with the series. If YOU wanted the original zombies to continue, you shouldn't have rated RE4 high nor RE5. But I loved those, and this game marked the rebirth of old school zombie shooting. But what people really complain about is the new marvelousI really love how everyone hates this masterpiece, they just lower the scores to 0 to justify the fact that they don't like what Capcom made with the series. If YOU wanted the original zombies to continue, you shouldn't have rated RE4 high nor RE5. But I loved those, and this game marked the rebirth of old school zombie shooting. But what people really complain about is the new marvelous system, that is actually far superior from the previous titles, after all YOU also called the run and gun system a must have in the series... Gamers all over the world were given just what they asked, and I am fully pleased of what this game came out, and I am really happy to know that the other half of the gaming community agrees with me when I said RE6 is the best game in the series in every single aspect. Expand
  40. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. IWell I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  41. Jan 17, 2013
    Oh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theresOh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theres fast paced sequences you are being chased by zombies and other creatures of course so stop it is nothing like gears or cod i find myself in most situations standing straight up and barley ever taking cover and as for moving and shooting you barley move so stop with that complaint its overused now on to the scare factor the horror aspect and im not talking playing this game with your bedroom light on like the gamespot critic did when he reviewed this game im talking no lights night outside a good sound system there are moments that are scary which nobody admits because of toughness factor in america yes it is more prevelant in leons campaign but being followed around by a large snake and your friend telling you not to move because its right behind you is pretty scary especially at night when the lights are off the story is not impressive the one flaw but it makes sense its not like there arent other games with average reapeted stories that succeed mostlly modern war games no names bottom line this game was poorly judged due to user incompetence and critics lack of wanting to be away from the crowd a good game try it for sure and make it what you want it to be Expand
  42. Feb 20, 2013
    Something to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole storySomething to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole story feels bland as well as the gameplay, its just a third person call of duty there. Many people complain that this game isnt a survival horror, well I say it would be a survival horror in 1995 while todays survival horrors are known as dead space and amnesia. The one thing about Resident Evil 6 was that the gamplay was supposed to be to conserve ammo and use melee attacks and only one of these areas worked. Ammo could be found quite a lot and I never ran out of ammo when I used a gun against a huge horde of javos or zombies, I never run out of ammo. For the melee attack, both me and my dad (a huge resident evil fan) agree that it was a welcome addition, espically when you grab them by the head and smash it into the ground. Anyway looking at it all I would give Resident Evil 6 a 7.8 rounded up to an 8. Resident Evil 6 is a good game but not a survival horror to todays standards. Let's hope Resident Evil Revelaions coming 24th May will be known as a better Resident Evil experience. Expand
  43. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  44. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  45. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is reallyAre these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  46. Nov 21, 2012
    resident evil 6 is the best game I ever played
    great graphics
    optimal gameplay
    Very good campaign
    capcom nice job
    this game is what I was looking for
  47. Oct 7, 2012
    Positives: Leon and Helena campaign feels like classic Resident Evil (more specifically Resident Evil 4), Some tense environments, Nice lighting effects (adds to the tension for some of the campaigns), The Interconnecting stories and very interesting campaign
    Negatives: the QTE (Quick time events) are very annoying, Jake and Sherry Campaign can be either very easy OR very hard, Chris and Piers campaign felt nothing like Resident Evil at all (feels more like a horrible third person shooter), some area's are too dark (zombies and environments blend in), weird camera and controls and horrible pacing.
    Overall: A could be good game with lots of flaws (the controls, camera and Chris and Piers campaign). Maybe an update fixing some of the issues would help make this a more enjoyable game.
  48. Oct 9, 2012
    So I was pumped up about this game, I love the Resident Evil series and have played every game. This game promised so much and delivered on some. Finally the controls have gone to modern 3rd person shooter mechanics. The cover system sucks and I never used it. The graphics are great and have many improvements as to be expected also. I love the opening sequence of the game, but then end upSo I was pumped up about this game, I love the Resident Evil series and have played every game. This game promised so much and delivered on some. Finally the controls have gone to modern 3rd person shooter mechanics. The cover system sucks and I never used it. The graphics are great and have many improvements as to be expected also. I love the opening sequence of the game, but then end up re-living the same sequence later in Leon's campaign! Lame. I think the 3 campaigns that merge together is a cool idea. Each character feels different and has a unique storyline. Now for the bad: Even playing on normal I died way too much. I am a veteran gamer also so I know it's not because I suck! The use of quick time events has gone overboard throughout the game, especially in boss fights. Capcom needs to take a page from Santa Monica studios on how to do them right form the God of War games! The boss fights are big and slimy, but seem to drag on and I hate defeating one to have him come back more mutated and harder over and over. That has been played out. Also the combat could be greatly improved. Kicking slowly and having no counters or combos hurts while you are mobbed by zombies and can't see to shoot. Overall I was disappointed and ended taking it back out of frustration before even beating it. Capcom has gone away from the great horror game that made them so damn good. We don;t need another action game- we like RE for the horror. In that regard, Dead space has taken the trophy. Expand
  49. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just saidI just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just said F***k it and bought the game anyway.

THE GOOD: Graphics are as good as any other big budget game on the market. Especially nice character models and lighting effects. Gameplay has stiff learning curve, but once you take the time to master it, it works mostly well. I especially like the melee animations and the dodging. Length is there. You have 3, 8 hour campaigns, one bonus campaign, 3 mercenary stages, and agent hunt. Sound and Music is very good especially during Leon's campaign. Leon's campaign is a highlight. Presentation is pretty good and story is a little more interesting than RE5. Animation is top notch for the characters and the enemies.

THE BAD: Poorly scripted events that can lead to a few unfair deaths. (This would be an easy fix Capcom, just prompt a dodge instead of just killing the player.) Too many quick time events (a few are fun ever so often to mix it up, but not this many!) Agent Hunt mode while a good idea is just not handled very well. I know zombies should be hard to control but not that hard! Fix the game matching while you are at it! Not enough Mercenary levels. Sometimes camera gets wonky. Level design on Chapter 1 Chris's campaign leaves something to be desired. Too many door opening sections.

THE UGLY:

All the enemies in the game! lol

RATINGS: Graphics 9, Gameplay 8, Length 9, Sound 9, Music 10, Camera 7, Story 7, Level Design 7, Fun factor 9. I hoped this helps!
  50. Oct 2, 2012
    Don't listen to all these retarded trollers giving it bad scores probably without even having tried the game.. They just hate on the game because it's not their precious resi 1, 2 and 3.. Cry me a **** river, losers... The game is excellent! I have played through Leon's campaign and it was a lot of fun! The graphics are awesome, the story is excellent, dialogue is good, gameplay excellent.Don't listen to all these retarded trollers giving it bad scores probably without even having tried the game.. They just hate on the game because it's not their precious resi 1, 2 and 3.. Cry me a **** river, losers... The game is excellent! I have played through Leon's campaign and it was a lot of fun! The graphics are awesome, the story is excellent, dialogue is good, gameplay excellent. It's all i could have asked for and more imo! I loved Resident Evil 4, i loved Resident Evil 5, i loved Revelations and now i love Resident Evil 6! =) So don't listen to the haters, they are just crybabies with nothing better to do than write **** about this game rofl, i feel sorry for them =/ I really do.. Expand
  51. Oct 7, 2012
    I have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originallyI have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originally was programmed today, it would flop. A remake made the same way...same result. It's ok to look back in the day and appreciate all those awesome games. They were groundbreaking back then, but again, things must evolve. I have to disagree with the critics and their 0-6 points. This game has great graphics, sharp controls, and lots of extras (storylines, characters, modifications and all around fun) a creepy mood, it's dark and filled with monsters. I find no better joy than blowing holes through zombies with my sidearm, shotgun, rifle or whatever other item in my inventory. I won't hate on people scoring this game below a 7. we are all entitled to feel how we do about games and our experience with them. Yes, it isn't the same and no, it is really scary. Is there action? Heck yes! I have played through the first 2 scenarios and working on Jake's now. I have been impressed the whole way while playing this. I love hearing how a game is not realistic, but it's a game....what realism are you looking for? It's a game, if it looks good, the story is good, it's easy to control and it's fun, why pick something apart so much that you end up hating it? An honest review: Pro's: There's enough action and opportunity to kill zombies to keep you wanting more. The controls are crisp and easy to use. The graphics are great and the damage realism is really solid. I like the addition of other players joining your cause and making it even more fun. You can play this game for 6 hours straight and still want more. Your spouse might disown you and you might end up in the dog house, but I say it's worth it (I speak from the dog house as I type this).

Cons: it can be frustrating as sometimes it seems you are just doing the same thing over and over. Although I enjoyed some of the new monsters, I think some of the old magic was missing with the monster types. The classics such as the Tyrants, lickers, and some of the other baddies are just sorely missed. A little more creativity in the settings could have earned this a perfect 10, but what is ever perfect?
  52. Mar 14, 2013
    The most exciting resident evil since resident evil 3 and 4. The gameplay is awesome, and Leon's campaign is outstanding! The perfect game to play online or multiplayer. The new skill's style is great to replay the game to unlock them all. The graphics are great the most part of the game. Sometimes it is not good but as the whole Resident Evil 6 brings us a great experience, clashing theThe most exciting resident evil since resident evil 3 and 4. The gameplay is awesome, and Leon's campaign is outstanding! The perfect game to play online or multiplayer. The new skill's style is great to replay the game to unlock them all. The graphics are great the most part of the game. Sometimes it is not good but as the whole Resident Evil 6 brings us a great experience, clashing the four campaigns and turning it in one of the best Resident Evil. Expand
  53. Mar 25, 2013
    This game simply doesn't work. It looks pretty good sounds pretty good and plays atrociously. It would seem that the development team of this game weren't working towards the same goals here. One side opted for survival horror elements, the other went for a more action packed approach. The result of this is a clunky action game that leaves much to be desired.
  54. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the cancer of this generation. WHERE DO I BEGIN?? I am blantently pissed at the fact that I cannot enjoy this game whatsoever. The gameplay makes no sense, the button tapping was too enforced. The characters we once know and loved are thrown into a mess of piss poor writing and sequence events. the only good thing to look farward to were the unlimited ammo unlocks so I could chug endless amounts of bullets for hours at what seem like rehashed obligatory creatures. AGENT HUNT MODE, why does this get me so pissed off???? why did I beat the game just to get rewarded with a mode that blatantly slaps me right in the face? choose a level and you are thrown into a random level where you become a miniscule creature whos goal is to kill survivors. but they aren't the survivors, no! the other players are overpowered, blowing you down with unlimited grenade launchers, AK-47, grenades, mines, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect. There is virtually no fun in agent hunt. I heard you were able to used a pea shooter but I never found the level. the only thing they did right (maybe) was the mercenaries. but no, no that does not raise my score, not even but a significant amount. the makers of RE6 knew they up, they are working on a new game THAT IS NOT LISCENCED BY Thank you game, get the out of my life. Expand
  55. Mar 7, 2016
    Fazer um review de Resident Evil 6 não é uma coisa fácil, se eu fosse definir RE6 eu definiria como uma "Montanha-Russa" por que eu definiria assim? É um jogo que de um lado temos quem diz que é horrível e do outro quem diz que é ótimo, quem está certo? Eu diria que ambos, de certa forma. Para começar, digo que é óbvio que as notas para o game variam de pessoa pra pessoa, cada um tem suaFazer um review de Resident Evil 6 não é uma coisa fácil, se eu fosse definir RE6 eu definiria como uma "Montanha-Russa" por que eu definiria assim? É um jogo que de um lado temos quem diz que é horrível e do outro quem diz que é ótimo, quem está certo? Eu diria que ambos, de certa forma. Para começar, digo que é óbvio que as notas para o game variam de pessoa pra pessoa, cada um tem sua opinião certo? Mas acho meio que um vacilo dar a Resident Evil 6 uma nota 0 ou notas abaixo de 3. Eu entendo que existem motivos para não gostar do game, mas odia-lo? Acho que os que irão odiar são apenas os fãs dos jogos clássicos da franquia que com certeza dirão que RE6 não é terror, depois de RE4 e RE5, claro que Resident Evil 6 não seria um game de horror... Bom, vamos a Review então!

Resident Evil 6 é um jogo de ação em terceira pessoa da Capcom, a mesma empresa responsável por toda a franquia Resident Evil. O jogo é dividido por campanhas, cada campanha possui dois personagens principais que necessitam ajudar uns aos outros durante a jogatina, cada campanha possui sua própria história, ou seja, seu início, meio e fim. Uma coisa interessante é que as campanhas se cruzam e é dessa forma que o enredo de RE6 é contado. Apesar de ter tendência a confusão, esse lance de cruzamento entre campanhas, na minha opinião, foi bem pensado e bem executado. Agora falando um pouco mais das campanhas em si, temos 3 campanhas principais, nessas campanhas temos as seguintes duplas de personagens: Leon e Helena (Nova Personagem), Chris e Piers (Novo personagem), Jake (Novo personagem) e Sherry Birkin, e após concluir cada uma das campanhas, liberamos a campanha de Ada, que adiciona algumas coisas interessantes a história. Como puderam notar, a trama de RE6 envolve personagens de peso e trás também personagens novos, ou surpresas como a Sherry, que é a garotinha encontrada por Claire em Resident Evil 2. Além das campanhas se cruzarem e funcionarem em dupla, também é possível jogar em Co-op que para ser sincero é muito divertido e considero inclusive uma experiência superior a de se jogar sozinho, se possível, dê preferência para o Co-op Online, sua experiência será muito melhor com o game.

RE6 possui alguns inimigos interessantes como o Ogroman, Whoppers e o Ustanak (Acho ele fenomenal) mas em compensação há inimigos que são muito sem graça e apesar de existir uma variedade, não despertam tanto interesse, como os J'avos que são habitantes infectados pelo C-virus e que muitas vezes se transformam parcialmente em "animais", os zumbis também não são interessantes, possuem vários tipos mas são bem genéricos e nem um pouco assustadores... falando em genérico, talvez esse seja o problema de RE6, é um jogo muito "inflado" digamos assim, tem muito conteúdo mas nem tanta qualidade. Vou dar um exemplo, sua jogabilidade é muito diversificada, podemos Andar, Correr, Pular, Rastejar, Entrar no modo cover (Que achei bem mal feito), Dar Coronhada, Aplicar QTE's para eliminar inimigos, Dar voadora e Esquivar (Uau!). Mas apesar dessa gororoba toda, quando se aprende todos os comandos, jogar Resident Evil 6 se torna muito divertido! Digo isso pois apesar de ser genérico, ter gráficos muitas vezes mal feitos e ambientações nada agradáveis (Para mim, esse é o ponto mais fraco do jogo) RE6 ainda assim é divertido, por incrível que pareça...

Então, ao meu ver, RE6 é um daqueles jogos que você fica na dúvida entre "Amar ou Odiar", no meu caso, eu nem amei e nem odiei, eu fiquei literalmente meio a meio, não diria que é um Jogaço e nem diria que é um Lixo, mas apesar de ter ficado meio em dúvida, acho que darei uma nota positiva para RE6, eu o descreveria como: "Um game com boas ideias, porém mal executadas". Vale a pena jogar? Sinceramente, somente jogando para saber responder isso. Como eu havia dito antes, Resident Evil 6 é como uma montanha-russa, tem altos e baixos, basta saber se você vai vomitar ou ficar tranquilo enquanto estiver em um de seus "Loops".

Nota Final: 8.3/10 (Ótimo)
  56. Oct 14, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.
    I am a huge fan of the series. I played the original games back on the PS1, loved the new take when RE4 came out and am thrilled to see where RE6 has taken things.
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.

There are THREE seperate campaigns to play through! Each of them has a very different flavour. How critics can say the game isn't scary is beyond me. The Leon chapter harks back to the very first RE games and does a brilliant job of modernising things.

Chris's campagn is more action packed - much like RE 5. The boss battles are sublime and the creature variation is phenominal.

The game is hard though. Ammo is scarce so you still need to manage this wisely. The addition of improved mele combat is welcomed also.

On top of this - if you turn ON agent hunt (should be on by default) you can up the fear factor by knowing that any one of the enemies in your game can at any point be taken over by a real human being online who is out for your blood. This adds an incredibly tense feeling to the entire playthrough.
  57. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  58. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  59. Oct 9, 2012
    Series faithful might stumble through for the sake of story, and perhaps to appreciate those few moments that recall when Resident Evil was at its peak glory. But this long, poor sequel is the ultimate test of patience for even the most dedicated.
  60. Nov 5, 2012
    The fact that this amazing game has low user reviews proves there are fans that are mad the game isn't scary. And it's true, it isn't all that scary, but if you take Resident Evil 6 for what it is, you will find a great action horror title. The gameplay is what a lot are playing for, and it's fun. Manuel dodging and jumping around makes you feel awesome. The shooting is fun, and when youThe fact that this amazing game has low user reviews proves there are fans that are mad the game isn't scary. And it's true, it isn't all that scary, but if you take Resident Evil 6 for what it is, you will find a great action horror title. The gameplay is what a lot are playing for, and it's fun. Manuel dodging and jumping around makes you feel awesome. The shooting is fun, and when you work out the dodging and shooting, you will think you're in a John Woo film, which is always cool.

The story is pretty good too. All campaigns seem like the same amount of time was used to create the best possible endings for each (Although I think Leon's campaign was a little more thought out than the rest, but come on, it's Leon's return to Resident Evil). Jake's campaign I guess of all, is the worst. His just comes across as mediocre since so many campaigns were made, and Jake is a new character that doesn't get as much exploration as the other 3 returning characters. Still, not to say his isn't fun, because his has some very satisfying encounters. The 4 campaigns are lengthy, and the collectibles in each provide a reason to re-play the campaigns as they unlock secrets to the campaigns you may not know at first. The multiplayer mode called Agent Hunt is pretty neat too. You get to play as the creatures in the many campaigns the game has. When you have enough money to buy upgrades for your creature, you become stronger alone, but if you group up with other players/computers, and add some power-ups, you can take down humans pretty easy. Resident Evil.net is also a free fun stat tracker. Here you can see all you have done, add site buddy's for players you play with often, and unlock exclusive content by logging into it everyday and and earning different accomplishments. I hope Capcom adds more things to unlock as well in the future, but as of now, there is plenty to unlock.

Overall, the game is a very fun Resident Evil game, and I can't say the horror being removed made it any less satisfying for me. The only problems I have are #1 the help camera gets in the way when a partner goes down, and #2 the creatures can attack before you even get up from recovering if your partner doesn't give you herbs. A problem sometimes. There may be other problems, but none too big for me to notice. It's also good to know Capcom will release an update that is releasing in mid December, that will add a new camera, difficulty and a co-op partner for Ada's campaign, which as of release, is strictly single player. All of this added for free.
  61. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  62. Oct 18, 2012
    I liked the game, to all the people who think it wasn't survival horror have you tried upping the difficulty... I know I did and man did it get scary when you have no herbs, 5 bullets, and some dogs jump in through a window.
    I loved all the bosses too... some were really quite hard even on lower difficulty settings.
  63. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst Resident evil game i have ever played in my life, and i thought RE5 was bad enough but this took it to a whole new level.

i bought the $95 anthology collection and i have to say this is the worst purchase i have ever made in my life, i played about 10-15mins of this and right out of the gate there is quick time events, and mostly just watching a darn movie. After that i just could not do it anymore, i hated RE4 and 5 for the over the sholder view and the No horror.

if you enjoyed RE 4 and 5 then you will prob love this as you most of you guys love change and love to accept anything that is thrown at you. love quick time events and long cutscenes? Do you love 3rd person shooters and Action games? love Zombies with guns! then well you will love this game then.

I hope capcom learns something from this, and goes back to the old style of Resident evil, i mean how do they go from Resident evil Remake to RE4 and 5 i mean come on!
  64. Oct 3, 2012
    An honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a badAn honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a bad thing. Can't keep doing the same thing over and over with slight revisions. I think the type of game that 1 and 4 were are great games and definitely the best in the series but 6 is an awesome game and if you are a true fan of Resident Evil, this will not disappoint. I simply do not see how it could unless we just have the occasional or bandwagon fans jumping on here hoping for a another game like 4 and giving this game a $heet score because it didn't live up to what they consider resident evil should be. I give this game a solid 8.5 but going 10 to try and counteract all the negative reviews. You people are lame. No way any game besides the worst videogame ever made deserves anything as low as a 0. Even a 4 or a 5 would be completely ridiculous. You eff up the whole point of metacritic. Expand
  65. Oct 13, 2012
    I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Then why 5? Well, this game is horribly develop! maybe that's the only terrifying thing in this game, camera is a headache, specially in crawled spaces, there is no lock system at all, while shooting I may understand but in melee, you will be doing hits to the air most of the time, because you will not see where is the enemy due to camera. Action scenes and quick time events cut down to pieces the gameplay, sometimes a few seconds apart from one another. More than realistic recoil, all character are veterans soldiers/agents/police and well, recoil must have been at least realistic and not a mess. The endless spawinig enemies spoils exploration, though in such small areas there is not much anyway. Multiplayer is has multiple connection issues and so long lifed as needed, mostly is the same as RE5 no improvements at all////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////This game remembers me Alpha Protocol, great story, great ideas and design with a really AWFUL development team, no talent at all, maybe they hired some College drop offs in Capcom. How could this happen from RE5 to RE6, I do not know, I am really sad. I never say this but this game deserve it, DO NOT BUY.
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    I waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy andI waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy and drawn out. I played it through with a friend and beat the entire game in less than 3 days. As a fan of RE series, I will always play the games, but was hoping for more. I think Capcom needs to reboot this series and give its audience more credit. I felt like I was playing a COD style game where the game was bigger than itself but didn't really portrait the intensity and fell as some of the previous games. I gave it a 6 because it wasn't a horrible game, but it is not on par with other games out there like Dead Space or even Uncharted (which is the feel they were going for, big scale) Expand
  67. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  68. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

69. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996. These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut.
  70. Oct 20, 2012
    in the begining i tought that the game will be lame, but after play Leons campaign, i'm amazed, Crhis camapgn is very funny too, the purists are hating the game because is not survival horror more but the game is an awesome action game , and must be played for fans
  71. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and othersRE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  72. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were momentsThis game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were moments that shined like navigating subway tunnels or being stalked by the Ustanak in ice caverns - but those were far and between. And those damn QTE events - c'mon! What is this - Heavy Rain?

I'm a huge RE fan, having played every game since the original PS game. I'm one of those fans who didn't think RE5 was horrible but could've been better. I know Capcom can still make a kick-ass RE game - as evident in RE: Revelations for the 3DS. Revelations was unbelievable game - showing us that RE can still be about atmosphere and building tension! But this game, on the other hand, is just "good".
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  74. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil atResident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil at very few times. Capcom did try to make an action game out of a much beloved survival horror franchise. They succeded in making and action shooter, but failed to retain any of the survival elements that made Resident Evil what it used to be. As an action game, it is pretty awesome, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it, however this is no longer a survival horror game at all. One example is how much ammo there is. I kept my accuracy somewhere in the 50% range and found I had to throw away ammo to make room in my inventory. Another is the environments. Outside of Leon's campaign there are no moments that feel like there is a sense of urgency. If you are wondering if this game is for you there is a very simple way to tell. If you liked Resident Evil 1-3 (yes also code veronica and whatever I might have missed) then this is NOT for you at all. If however you liked how the series switched gears at 4 & 5 then there is something for you here. Resident Evil 6 is not as focused of an experience as previous titles have been and I believe that is what hurts it most in terms of caring about the story, along with the lack of any survival horror elements. I would have given this game a 8/10 because I bought the Anthology edition which is by far the best value, but this review is specific to RE6 only. hope this helps. Expand
  75. Oct 10, 2012
    Just to be clear, i've played and completed every Resident Evil game (bar 0 and REmake) since the first came out in 96, including the god awful Survivor and the pitiful Operation Raccoon City. It is by far my favourite video game series, and i'm also - apparently, surprisingly - a fan of the Paul W. S. Anderson films. My favourite game of the series is actually Resident Evil 4, and IJust to be clear, i've played and completed every Resident Evil game (bar 0 and REmake) since the first came out in 96, including the god awful Survivor and the pitiful Operation Raccoon City. It is by far my favourite video game series, and i'm also - apparently, surprisingly - a fan of the Paul W. S. Anderson films. My favourite game of the series is actually Resident Evil 4, and I really kind of prefer the over-the-shoulder viewpoint to the old static camera angles; while they were truely very terrifying and chilling at some points, I think that equally the 'new' camera system has its positive points which outweigh the negatives. I found Resident Evil 6 fairly disappointing - while the Leon campaign was fantastic and very 'Resident Evily', the other two were mediocre at best and really left a foul taste in my mouth. Bringing in THREE new characters to an already established series which has a huge roster was a major flaw. Why not have Leon and Claire again rather than Leon and this new Helena woman? Who, by the way, had a very dry back story. And why is there no expansion on the relationship between the president and Leon? Why use Piers and Chris when it has been ESTABLISHED that Jill Valentine is Chris' partner in the BSAA? Why replace Albert Wesker with his 'son'? How the hell does such a cold hearted egomaniac have a son, anyway? And how does Jake have the powers of his father when he was conceived before his father was injected with T? Expand
  76. Oct 2, 2012
    After this terrible experience i refuse to buy another resident evil game until it goes back to its origins. The Gameplay was awful the story was awful the controls was awful. Warning dont waste your money.
  77. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should haveHorrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should have avoided it after watching the Clueless Gamer by Conan. I guess I like wasting money. I have no way of proving this but I think this game gave me cancer. Expand
  78. Oct 6, 2012
    Welp, what Can I say....

I seriously don't know what they were thinking when they made this. They took everything that made Resident Evil what it is, threw it trough the window and replaced it with 3rd person shooter features. I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only
    Welp, what Can I say....

I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only hearing your footsteps resonating in the castle main hall? Rings any bell capcom? All I can see is fire and explosions here. what is this? I dont even... Whaa..?!

I am simply wordless, I cannot stress you enough how horrible they screwed it. Every mistake they could have made when making this game, they made it. You move fast as **** you can aim and walk at the same time, you can sprint, you have a cross air replacing your laser pointer, health recovers over time, the game is linear to a ridiculous point (AKA puzzles are dumb and nearly non existent)
    melee attacks... Oh god... Why do you even use guns... The knife is useless as it can be, unlike RE4 where it was your ammo saver. ( Shoot the head, kick, stab, get item or not, we all know the drill)

Which makes me think, whatever happened to Ashley? I was kind of hoping she would have been Leon's side kick but instead we got Ms.WhatsHerFace which no one ever heard about nor cared about.

I didn't even bothered going through the whole game, it simply disgusted me how they defaced RE.

So to sum it up, if you expect a survival horror by buying this game, I suggest you get Half-life with Cry of Fear installed instead, its cheaper and much more fun.

If you're dumb and light-headed, have at it.
  79. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offerIs the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  80. Oct 16, 2012
    I played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there isI played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there is excuse. For me the criticism of 5 should have been enough for Capcom to go back to the drawing board and make a game following some old conventions and mixing new to create a proper game and not just an interactive showcase which follows more the **** films than the previous excellent games. Storyline is there, characters are there and the monsters are there but this game misses the mark for me. Expand
  81. Oct 11, 2012
    This game came out not at the right moment, people are not ready for such quick jump forwards. This game game must be fully digital, with downloadable campaings, like 4 episodes, and with number 7 in title or better without it. For 6th resident evil its just to much changes for players to take.
  82. Oct 10, 2012
    I love resident evil and been playing all there games for years but I'm so mad I reserved this game, waited all this time and paid $60 to be so disappointed. I'm seeing mixed reviews but majority bad and trust me any one that's says this is a good game isn't a gamer.
  83. Nov 12, 2012
    Wow I'm really surprised that this game has gotten so many bad reviews. Having played most of the RE franchise myself (not just 4-5) I can see how understand the disappointment this game is for you. But it doesn't mean that it deserves a 0. It has flaws: no puzzles, yes RE is known for its puzzles and that gives it a slower and terrifying pace, go here retrieve emblem, open door, find key.Wow I'm really surprised that this game has gotten so many bad reviews. Having played most of the RE franchise myself (not just 4-5) I can see how understand the disappointment this game is for you. But it doesn't mean that it deserves a 0. It has flaws: no puzzles, yes RE is known for its puzzles and that gives it a slower and terrifying pace, go here retrieve emblem, open door, find key. Puzzles were pretty much how you interacted with the stage and it made the maps feel bigger because of the backtracking. However this new game is straightforward with little or no puzzles. Now sometime that I really enjoyed in RE 4 was weapon customization and it was trashed on RE 6 for a skill set. I don't enjoy this because instead of improving your weapons and choosing from a machine gun with a lot of power but little ammo, or a lot of ammo and piercing... you can buy the skills and equip them (up to three at a time and make combinations up to six that can be changed at any time) While you could argue that all of the elements of customization are there, it just isn't the same as upgrading your favorite weapon. This brings me to the interface... I thought that RE 5 did a good job in which you could assign weapon to a d-pad location and quickly change from one to the other... However having to scroll through all weapons was horrible! Sometimes, in a panic I ended up using magnum bullets simply because I thought I had scrolled enough to my handgun... That is not acceptable! However the game isn't all bad. I enjoyed the storyline. While it wasn't the mindblowing storyline of past franchise, its pretty interesting. I really liked that each scenario connects with the others and you can see the full story play out as they all interact come together. I would have enjoyed perhaps a more detailed account on jake, him being Wesker's son and all. Perhaps a full game featuring Jake would have been better, but sadly that wasn't the case. Bosses were well detailed and sufficiently hard. Sometimes it was annoying that it wasn't really clear whether they were taking damage or not and I felt that I was doing nothing half the time, until they collapsed and died... and then it was like Oh... there dead.... Zombies were interesting, I don't see why people are bashing on the J'avo I thought it was pretty cool how they transformed were they received trauma. And I thought that the zombie that called out to other zombies in the Leon scenario was pretty neat too. Overall tons of new zombies tons of strategies to kill them.

Now onto the greatest thing about the game. People you have been asking it for a long time! Run and shoot. The game allows you to shoot and reloead while moving. Heck you can even jump back and keep shooting. You can roll and slide. You can tackle enemies! Instead of pressing the square button like in RE5 you have a combat bar and you can hit the zombies with your fist and legs and perform special attacks with R1. Overall, yes it was flawed. Several key elements didn't come together as we hoped. Perhaps the three scenario took away from the game. Instead they should have done a single complete campaign featuring a slower pace and plenty of puzzle. The elimination of the weapon upgrade is unforgivable and the weapon interface horrible. However give credit were credit is due, the game is still enjoyable and while it can't cater to everyone it's an average game. Give it a chance and play it through before opting not to buy simply because of bad reviews.
  84. Oct 31, 2012
    Worst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There areWorst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There are keys to doors to go search for, but there are no keyholes to put the key in. Everything is just a mess with all the action. its just to much. Expand
  85. Nov 5, 2012
    I don't really get why so many people say that this is the worst game of the series. I played all of them. Sure the earlier games were better. But with RE5 and RE: Racoon City they did some really big mistakes. I'm working right now with a friend of mine on the platin trophy, so i get through the game more then ones. It's not really that survival horror game that RE was known for. It'sI don't really get why so many people say that this is the worst game of the series. I played all of them. Sure the earlier games were better. But with RE5 and RE: Racoon City they did some really big mistakes. I'm working right now with a friend of mine on the platin trophy, so i get through the game more then ones. It's not really that survival horror game that RE was known for. It's more a straight up action game /w zombies. The story works for me, not like in RE5 what I still don't get. Overall, a good RE game but a prefer RE4. The only thing why I give 8/10 is that I had some problems with the RE.NET by playing with a friend or stranger sometimes Expand
  86. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. este es un buen juego, pero le falta algo mas que creo que en versiones anteriores estaba presente hablo de matar y destrozar zombies a diestra y siniestra en este juego no es tan fácil hablando de juegos tipo shooters creo que se quedo corto y el modo de juego comparándolo con el resident evil 5 a mi parecer era mejor que esta ultima versión actual que con su modo de ver el personaje moverse no están buena si tiene tecnología en juego buenos gráficos y la historia que muestra es buena claro despues de tantos años jugando resident evil la historia me gusta pero el modo de juego creo que lo cambiaron no se si por los desarrodadores del juego como tal en motor de movimento pero creo que se desviaron del camino con el publico que tenian que suplir principàl mente nosotros los viejos jugadores de resident evil... claro resalto y destaco la historia es bien como plantearon la historia pero no me gusto el modo de movimiento del personaje aunque tampoco que cuando juegas sientes que vas bien hasta que sales del juego y tienes que empezar de nuevo el capitulo es frustrante ya que si lo juegas en el modo mas difícil te cuesta por que tienes que combatir contra zombies entre golpes tiros y demás tácticas que uses para avanzar en el juego aparte los gráficos creo que pudieron ser mejor y también pudieron hacer un mapa abierto tipo gta eso le abría dado una tremenda innovación al juego Expand
  87. Jan 30, 2013
    This game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed thoseThis game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed those upgrades properly and when I understood I did everything right I was confused in why don't they work). There is no big enviroment to explore, find ammo and stuff, needless to say game has NO puzzles (well, it does, but only a **** 5-year old playing this piece of crap will justify their existence, they are that simple), it is riddled with ****ty prescripted sequences and QTE's (probably because RE4 had a little bit of those, but mind you - they were unexpected and paced in a way they scared the living **** out of you whenever they occured) which add nothing to the experience when they occur every cutscene and make you be constantly aware of them and absolutely unsurprised next time they pop up.
    Now excuse me, but I need my dose of Code Veronica's awesomness.
  88. Feb 13, 2013
    Where does one begin? Sadly, it seems the horror filled series we loved so long ago has finally crashed and burned. From monotonous gameplay, to over the top action not expected or really wanted in an RE game, a Capcom favorite has officially gone down the tube.
  89. Jul 11, 2013
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play. I still count the original resident evils as some of my favourite games ever, I even enjoyed resi 5. I'd read the mostly damning reviews of this game but thought I'd give it a go for the love. The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring. There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play.

The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring.

There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section for ages, each shoot out takes ages, everything about this game is looooong.

Where as the pre resi 4 games could be completed in a couple of hours, the campaigns in this game take about 8, and there's four of them.

You definitely get a lot for your money but unfortunately most of it is crap.

Add to that dodgy controls and frustrating cheap deaths.

There have been other games with similar dodgy controls and overuse of cutscenes, eg max Payne 3, but at least that had a cool story/script. Resi 6 is just overlong and convoluted.

On top of all this game is not scary either, it's just kind of annoying.

I did not enjoy playing it at all which is genuinely heartbreaking considering my love for the old games.

If you consider yourself a resi fan don't bother with this, the franchise died a long time ago.
  90. Feb 12, 2015
    A while ago, I wrote a review on how this game is worth playing despite all the bugs and flaws. Now I'm here to say that I was too nice. Unless you are a RE fanatic, you shouldn't buy this game. The bugs and flaws will make you contemplate suicide. I do not recommend this game to anybody anymore. Capcom should learn from this mistake. The game is almost perfect, but the flaws just won'tA while ago, I wrote a review on how this game is worth playing despite all the bugs and flaws. Now I'm here to say that I was too nice. Unless you are a RE fanatic, you shouldn't buy this game. The bugs and flaws will make you contemplate suicide. I do not recommend this game to anybody anymore. Capcom should learn from this mistake. The game is almost perfect, but the flaws just won't let you enjoy it. Expand
  91. Dec 9, 2015
    Boring over the top action. Lots of Quick time events and interactive action cut scenes. In the running for worst resident evil game ever made. I spent 20 hours or so in this game hoping it would get better. But after leon's campaign it got worse to the point of sheer disbelief. Go play revelations 2 instead. Much better game!
  92. Feb 25, 2016
    The best way to enjoy this game is playing with a friend. Awesome cooperative campaigne. The fact that you need to carry madicine and use your munitions wisely makes it interesting for me like all the RE. All the campaignes are connected wich make you realize what happen better. I recomend it, specially if you have someone to play with.
  93. Mar 13, 2013
    I have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisntI have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisnt my own instinct after the really bad rap and negative reviews and decided to get it when it got cheaper and my god do I regret not playing it sooner. It's a whole package of horror and action and cinematic experience, bit rough around the edges since it tried to be a lot of things at once but still an amazing experience.

The internet can be a unfair place sometimes (no sherlock), and this is another example where the internet just came down on it way too hard. Playing through the game it makes me wonder if I played the same game as all these haters! RE6 has 4 separate campaigns, each of them play and feel very diferent from the previous, and they're really long too, averaging 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. After finishing Leon's campain it felt that was that, the game was over cos it really felt very wholesome, playing through Chris amazed me even further with the really interesting character and more action packed levels. Jake and Ada campaings are equally as awesome and interesting. Cutscenes are a bit over the top and QTE very annoying but that's been the mark on RE since RE4.

One thing I miss from the previous resident evil games (4rd and before) is the RPG elements, I really miss updating my weapons, managing my inventory, sloting the weapons carefully so I can fit one more herb in there, selling my gems to finally update my glock to perfect aim, etc. There's none of that in here and it really is a big shame, it's a lot more streamlined experience and i firmly believe if it had that, it would have been the almost perfect game for me.

All in all, a really fantastic game, if you're a fan of the series, ignore the hate and just have fun for crying out loud, people nowadays are way too spoiled and cannot appreciate anything.
  94. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often. 2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  95. Oct 25, 2012
    i will be honest after replaying resident evil 4 and 5 then giving a look at this game i cant help but feel its all going down hill what made the whole resident evil /bio hazard was mostly being alone checking your ammo now and again deciding if to keep that extra box of ammo or the herb and generally the fact you did not feel like a superhuman who can mow down zombies in a snap.
  96. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  97. Oct 23, 2012
    In my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheapIn my honest opinion I think Resident Evil 6 is a great game. For my money it is not better than Resident Evil 4 ( Which I think is one of the best games ever made ), but I do think it's better than Resident Evil 5 ( A game I also found rather enjoyable ). I think the story, graphics, atmosphere, music, and game-play are all pretty solid.The only big gripe I have with RE6, is how cheap some of the deaths in this game are. While all of the campaigns have their fair share of cheap deaths. I find that Jake and Ada's campaigns suffer from this the most, but I feel that all the things that were done right in their campaigns overshadows the cheap deaths. Content wise, I think Capcom did a good job of loading content into the game as far as the campaign is concerned, but I do think that they should 've added more Mercenaries maps. Now I know that there will very likely be more maps added to the game via DLC, but it bugs me that RE5 had 3 maps that came with the original game, while RE6 only has 3 maps that came with original game. I just wish Capcom could have been a little less cheap and just gave us a couple of more maps because the lack of content for Mercenaries mode is pretty astounding compared to RE5. Overall though, I think Resident Evil 6 is very good edition to the Resident Evil series. It may not be as good as 2 or 4, but I think it still deserves recognition.

P.S I cannot find anyone on PSN to play this game with, so if anyone here has the game on PS3 my account is Chaz81196. If you add me I'd be more than happy to play RE6 with you.
  98. Oct 4, 2012
    A mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox enA mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox en campaña). Expand
  99. Aug 23, 2013
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    It's less obscure, more modern, maybe less scary but well... it's like many AAA games where visual effects and gameplay are become key elements. Still, the storyline is really good and the Resident Evil franchise evolves in a cool direction. You can't contain such universe in isolated cities forgot by the rest of the world forever and need to look at the next step. The survival is less about small dark rooms but about massive plague contagion. I liked it!
  100. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.