5.3

1. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  2. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe: - Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse. Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  3. May 8, 2013
    I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. OnI'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. On several occasions I've been hit with scripted sequences that left me no room to maneuver or avoid, automatically killing me each and every time. If the main character is simply standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time, they die and there is not recourse other than continuing from a checkpoint. During quick-time events, the buttons flash on screen in an almost seizure- inducing manner, thereby not allowing you to clearly see the buttons that need to be pressed. The train sequence in the sewers comes to mind, as I couldn't even read which buttons to press because it was a dark map and the button notifications flashing on the screen made it almost impossible to interpret what the game was asking me to do. The plot is absolutely atrocious, there is no back-story and you are left wondering throughout. The introduction level has absolutely nothing to do with introducing the player to the game, it is instead a flashy sequence of scripted events that appear to occur later in the game. The camera angle is atrocious at times, leaving the player without enough field of view to effectively analyze the situation. Scripted sequences make this worse by snapping the players view to the event automatically, leaving the player disoriented. I give this game a 3 out of 10 for poor camera angle, an atrocious plot, ridiculous quick-time events and overall lack of in-sight as to what the gamers want in a game. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever hasI seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever has enough ammo to actually take out all the enemies in the game (unless you are a good shot). Most of the game was spent travelling from one cutscene to the other, while some of them were interesting to watch they gave the player only the option of pushing buttons at the right time which gets tedious very quickly. The areas are confusing to navigate through and feature many places that look identical and you quickly become bored of the lackluster scenery (everything pretty much looks like black sludge has been placed all over the walls and floors). The zombies are fun in small doses and quickly become tedious as group after group become an exercise of trying to find ammo to kill them all; often I found myself just running through most of the game without the ammo to fight back. The bosses haven't changed from any of the previous games and the same process of shoot for the head (or the orange parts) comes back into the game. Basically, it is run, shoot, find switch or key, cutscene, cutscene, boss. One particular interactive part is worth mentioning; you have to climb a rope using L1 and R1, for at least an hour I was stuck trying to press L1 and then R2 in correct sequence, only to fall back down the rope and have to start all over again. Was this worth my time? Certainly not, and is certainly isn't worth my money to experience this. Time for a change Capcom! Expand
  5. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi

they got the feel rjust ight in resi 5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't evenI'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  7. Dec 15, 2012
    It's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he'sIt's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he's exactly look like Grey Dante from Devil May Cry but with a mediocre campaign. Leon's new look was okay, not much. I thought Sherry Birkin's safe after the events in Resident Evil 2, but as a playable character? What's going on and what's with all the darkish screens? I think Capcom just picked up the wrong game. If Operation Raccoon City was a disappointment, so does this crap. Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  8. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After this lawlessness I will never buy a Resident Evil game.
    I wouldn't say capcom tried to copy any of other game series, they tried to copy their own ideas just adding inappropriate explosions every 3 minutes.
    I didn't noticed any kind of sane plot. It begins with simulated big bangs and it's repeated until the very end.
    "We will give them explosions. They love explosions at every second"
    Characters communicate only in monosyllables and it's quite annoying. it seems that neither I nor the characters themselves do not understand what makes them tick. They just shoot and go somewhere not quite sure why they need to. Then they meet other characters and then shoot at everything that moves .... and then explosions... and then again ...
    You can describe the plotthis way. The bad characters infected the planet guided by ridiculous motives. It's the end of the world. The good characters are trying to stop it and succeed. The end.
    Clumsy game mechanics make the gameplay to get boring by the end of of one of the four companies.

With original RE capcom changed beyond recognition survival horror genre.
    With RE 4 capcom caused the revolution in 3rd person shooter.
    With RE 6 capcom evolutionized the "commercial blockbuster" genre (as I name it).
  9. Oct 25, 2012
    i will be honest after replaying resident evil 4 and 5 then giving a look at this game i cant help but feel its all going down hill what made the whole resident evil /bio hazard was mostly being alone checking your ammo now and again deciding if to keep that extra box of ammo or the herb and generally the fact you did not feel like a superhuman who can mow down zombies in a snap.
  10. Oct 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway. Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just fails
  11. Oct 7, 2012
    This game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to theThis game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to the orginal, you wouldn't want a Mario FPS would you? this game gets a 0 for being that, a ZERO in today's crowded FPS and TPS online games...At least Operation raccoon city had real zombies Expand
  12. Oct 9, 2012
    Series faithful might stumble through for the sake of story, and perhaps to appreciate those few moments that recall when Resident Evil was at its peak glory. But this long, poor sequel is the ultimate test of patience for even the most dedicated.
  13. Oct 7, 2012
    The camera is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Capcom obviously needs to hire different play testers. Oh my good god what a bad camera. It is WAY to close. It needs zoomed out 300% and raised from shoulder height to above head level.
    Besides that, the graphics are **** 720p blurry textures averaging 24 fps on PS3, and that's better then xbox. Where is my PC version with superior graphics? Non existent without a release date.
    The game has no horror feeling to it at all. It is not even scary. So, that means it is a linear action game. Well, if that's its genre, then it royally sucks.
    Oh and quick time events..... Just plain stupid.
    I want me $60 back.
    The game blows goat balls.
    Camera problems and quick time events straight up ruin the experience.
  14. Oct 4, 2012
    As with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and inAs with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and in the process has become one of the worst jumbled messes in recent history. The story is not even worth following anymore, the tidal wave of cliche "action" and "explosions" is almost sickening. The controls at times, feel like they are actually an enemy that was not disclosed in the manual and are purposely trying to get you killed. Perhaps they infected with the "C-Virus" as well? The C-Virus? Really? Is this the future of this series? To continue on until they run out of letters in the alphabet? Resident Evil 6 sheds everything that brought it to the stage of success it is at now in favor of mass appeal. It's simply the truth. I'm sure there are people who will try to defend it against this claim, but at the core, I'm sure everyone knows this to be true. This is not "evolution". Capcom is obviously not looking to improve the gameplay. They are simply looking to sell this to as broad an audience as possible. Looking at most of the financially successful franchises in circulation today, Capcom took a page from each of them and tried to jam them all into one box. It doesn't work well.

RE 6's stage is on a simply ridiculous scale. Each character escapes death by mere inches an unforgivable amount of times for the sake of "trying" to get the player excited, which in my case, failed to do so miserably. I am at a loss at how putting in completely ridiculous events and story telling is supposed to be entertaining these days. It's not like these effects and set pieces are new or anything where the player will gasp in anticipation. They're tired and lost their effect years ago.

Lastly, RE 6 is about as linear as it goes. It really is the tired cycle of running 20 feet, watch a cutscene, press a couple QTE buttons, shoot an enemy or two, rinse and repeat. I wanted to like this game, and it's very sad that I have to watch one of my favorite series in gaming go down in flames, but RE 6 is the nail in the coffin for me. It's over. Thankfully, I still have all the ones before it, and Capcom can't take that away from me.

Having read the director's response to the negative feedback from fans, it's rather sad that his only defense is to claim that he can't do what the fans want. Really? That's a great stance to have towards the people that even made this series viable to create today.

Avoid RE 6. If you have any inclination to buy this, simply watch a youtube playthrough of it. It will be cheaper and far less aggravating on you. Put your money in any other action game on the market which is likely to be better than this broken mess.
  15. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    Why Capcom? Just, why? RE was one of my favorite series of all time and now you decided to make it into something without any sense of personality! Copying any other TPS in existance isn't always a good idea. For all of those who haven't played it yet, if your favorite game of all time is MW3 then you'll dig it for sure, this isn't RE anymore.
  17. Oct 7, 2012
    The most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title triedThe most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title tried to be innovative and appeal to shooter fans and games that is 100 times worse than the outbreak of raccoon city.
    The only good thing in this game is its main menu interface so Purple.
    Really all those 600 employees must tried to kill themselves just to get a good idea into the game and then Capcom decided to cramp all those ideas both good and bad in the final product the result is you got one hell of a **** quality game.
    Even Retribution still have some originality of the old games,Resident Evil 6 just only got the name and characters.
  18. Oct 3, 2012
    As a long term RE fan, This game shocked and appalled every sense my body has. Even ones I didn't know I had. This game is not scary. The control system is really bad. This gives the feel that capcom wanted the CoD audience. It really pales in comparison with RE4, And somehow makes 5 a good game.
    Yep, that's how much they screwed this game up.
    This game is terrible. Don't buy it.
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst in the series. I loved the horror filed 4th AND the action packed 5th, but number six is just battlefield against zombies with ALOT worse graphics. I constantly struggle with trying to locate my position while banging into walls and corner due to extremely poor lighting settings and with no improvement when trying to change the brightness. Save your bucks on this one, buyBy far the worst in the series. I loved the horror filed 4th AND the action packed 5th, but number six is just battlefield against zombies with ALOT worse graphics. I constantly struggle with trying to locate my position while banging into walls and corner due to extremely poor lighting settings and with no improvement when trying to change the brightness. Save your bucks on this one, buy something else...anything else. Expand
  20. Oct 22, 2012
    I got Resident Evil 6 cheap from a friend of mine so I barely lost anything on it, but after playing it all the way through, I want a refund on both my money and the 20+ hours of my life I wasted on this travesty.

At first in Leon's campaign, I was starting to like the game, things felt good and steady, I felt like maybe I was getting into a survival horror experience, but then all of the sudden it just turned to crap, the game just kept throwing hordes of action segments at me that I just wanted to sprint through, terrible heavy rain like segments, awful quick time events and terrible controls. When I finally finished Leon's campaign I was massively disappointed.

When I went into Chris's campaign.................ah I won't waste your time, the best part about Chris's campaign is when you finally stop playing it.

Though Jake's campaign wasn't as bad as Chris's but it's still full of annoying quick time events and crap like that.

Now after you complete those 3 campaigns, you unlock a 4th one, Ada Wong's campaign, which I was very much looking forward to playing due to it being the only one in the game that allowed solo play, but my excitement turned to disappointment as her campaign was just as bad as the rest with terrible controls, camera and annoying QTEs.

Resident Evil 6 is the worst game in the main series for me and even though I got it cheap, I'm still reselling it, I don't care how much I get for it, because this game is just so bad, I want it out of my life.
  21. Oct 15, 2012
    I would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 onI would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 on most of the campaigns you will find you have to make the choice between ammo or herbs. Well normally that's something you may have to do in a resident evil, however you cannot simply throw away some items, store some items, etc. You have to carry around all weapons in a given campaign and usually that means you have to simply throw away an entire guns set of ammo just to carry an herb. That's unacceptable. Also items you currently own 0 of will still show up in the inventory, congesting your ability to quickly select anything. On top of all this the game simply falls flat. It has explosions, unrealistically dressed women who somehow manage to kill zombies while running around for hours in g-string panties. The AI is worse than a PSOne game's AI. No attempt was made here to satisfy Resident Evil fans. They simply want that Call of Duty retard gamer dollar and I imagine they hit their mark. For those of us that wanted to play a carefully crafted, detailed, immersive game Resident Evil is no longer an option. Thanks, Capcom! Expand
  22. Oct 6, 2012
    Nice one Capcom you **** **** pieces of **** Garbage game and I don't care how long you worked on it I don't feel sorry for you. You ruined the series and spiraled it into abysmal genericism. ****
  23. Jun 9, 2014
    Aún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, peroAún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, pero si echas un vistazo atrás y recuerdas las sensaciones que ofrecían los primeros Resident evil, es como para echarse a llorar y no parar. Expand
  24. Oct 4, 2012
    A poor mans CoD with ideas stolen from Uncharted and Gears of Boredom, that is what Resident Evil has become. Survival horror that challenges the player at every step? Nope, almost non stop brainless shooting continuously broken up by loading screens, QTE, and video sequences. So many quick time events! And each QTE rips you right out of the game world. It's like trying to have sex withA poor mans CoD with ideas stolen from Uncharted and Gears of Boredom, that is what Resident Evil has become. Survival horror that challenges the player at every step? Nope, almost non stop brainless shooting continuously broken up by loading screens, QTE, and video sequences. So many quick time events! And each QTE rips you right out of the game world. It's like trying to have sex with your girlfriend while the phone rings every minute or so. Not that the gameplay is any good. Broken mechanics, clumsy controls, and a horrible camera add to the whole mess. It's like a car manufacturer tried to build an airplane without knowing anything about building airplanes. The result somewhat works ...well mostly, yet it doesn't feel right. They would have done better sticking to what they know, namely making survival horror games. It's like going into a sushi restaurant and all they offer is cheeseburgers with the explanation that cheeseburger sell better than sushi so now they only make cheeseburger. And very poor cheeseburger at that. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    Worst Resident evil game i have ever played in my life, and i thought RE5 was bad enough but this took it to a whole new level.

i bought the $95 anthology collection and i have to say this is the worst purchase i have ever made in my life, i played about 10-15mins of this and right out of the gate there is quick time events, and mostly just watching a darn movie. After that i just could not do it anymore, i hated RE4 and 5 for the over the sholder view and the No horror.

if you enjoyed RE 4 and 5 then you will prob love this as you most of you guys love change and love to accept anything that is thrown at you. love quick time events and long cutscenes? Do you love 3rd person shooters and Action games? love Zombies with guns! then well you will love this game then.

I hope capcom learns something from this, and goes back to the old style of Resident evil, i mean how do they go from Resident evil Remake to RE4 and 5 i mean come on!
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    It's just an insane rollercoaster ride.
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed.
    ASTA LUEGO CAPCOM!
  27. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  28. Oct 4, 2012
    Similar to RE5, but worse. RE5: Epic Movie edition, with nothing but cliches, over-the-top in-your-face mindless action sequences with far too many quicktime events. No more struggling to find enough ammo, no scares or true horror additions in the story. Just a lazy addition to what was once a great series.
  29. Oct 5, 2012
    If I wanted Gears of War, I'd buy Gears of War. I didn't have to wait three years and then shell out sixty dollars to play this cash-out piece of crap. I wish companies would learn that trying to turn great series into Call of Duty is a horrible idea in the end, but since it's Capcom, at this point I'm not really sure why I expected anything else.
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolute garbage: Here is a list of all the flaws i can think of on the top of my head.

1. Suppose a zombie is lying on the ground not moving, I take a knife and slash at it to check to see if it's dead. I walk past it and it stands up. Sometimes the enemy needs to go through an animation first before taking damage. I.e. they get temp invincibility. It was never an issue in re4 or re5 but it was in ORC and RE6. 2. Inventory system is horrible, flipping through my 10 different weapons looking for my shotgun. At least re5 you had maybe up to 4 weapons that are easy to take out. Not only that, cycle through grenades and first aid. You can have 0 grenades but it still shows up in inventory, forcing you to cycle more...
    3. Zombies with guns. Need I say more?
    4. Hand to hand combat makes the knife useless, makes the game silly, it's overpowered. 5. The camera is probably the worst thing, and capcom claims to address this but I highly doubt they will fix the main problem. The main problem is how the camera forces you to look in certain directions. Whether its to your objective, which was obvious to find because 1. It's linear, 2. You can hit L2 to show you where to go like in dead space. The camera will randomly act like an **** you can be aiming at an enemy but suddenly the camera will force you to look another direction and you miss. 6. Hitting L2 to display where to go is just dumb, that should have been the button to take out a knife/ stun rod. Maybe you could have had a map system, that would have worked!
    7. Coop = not horror because no isolation. It also means having to rely on the AI, and the AI may be better than re5, but that's like saying a retarded baby is smarter than a dead baby. 8. Moving and shooting justifies making the enemies faster and more chaotic, making the gameplay faster and more chaotic, making the game feel less like a resident evil game. 9. Most abilities are useless. Jumping of tables, big deal. Slamming open doors, useful in re4, but has no application in re6, rolling on the ground has 1 application (boss against debra in cart), melee attacks make knife useless.
    10. Boss fights are the same thing tenfold. You fight Ustanak about 5 times, Simmons 5 times, Chainsaw guy at least 6 times, and so forth. 11. Cutscenes that screw you over. Too many cutscenes. Half the damn game involves cutscenes, QTE, or running into awkwardly positioned camera.
    12. Oh boy QTE. The QTE are so horrible and overused it's like playing Ashuras Wrath or Dragons quest. Some of the QTE can take up to 5 minutes of your time. There is this one point where you hit L1 and R1 to climb a wire, which attached an elevator to the highest skyscraper in the world... you really have to try leon / jake chapter 5 to see how bad it is. When zombies grab you, I can toggle the stick until my hand bleeds and i still wont break free. Often times these QTE show up when you least expect it and you die. There are also many random gotcha deaths that no one would know about unless they played the chapter before. A good summary of the game is this: You walk forward, you trigger a cutscene, QTE, take out maybe 5 -10 zombies. Cutscene. QTE. More QTEs. Couple zombies. Dammit no keys. More cutscenes, running/walking, talking while walking, forced camera angle that screws up view, QTE....
    That is the entire game in a nutshell. The game gets a 4/10 simply because the game is playable for those who DO NOT play resident evil games.
  31. Oct 6, 2012

they got the feel rjust ight in resi

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.