5.3

1. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event thatAs a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is reallyAre these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  3. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  4. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOWLol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  6. Oct 2, 2012
    After this terrible experience i refuse to buy another resident evil game until it goes back to its origins. The Gameplay was awful the story was awful the controls was awful. Warning dont waste your money.
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high qualityThis is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high quality campaign for Terran in SC2 and put the rest sides of the conflict in addons instead of three low-medium quality campaign. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  9. Oct 3, 2012
    Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore.Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore. Sadlly, this is going same way hollywood alike movies are going, a merely summer blockbuster (thats what they think, cause for me is just a B- movie) that entertain only 12 y/o teenagers. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    Far away from the Quality of RE 0-4 & Code Veronica, this is the worst game in the RE series not worth your Hard earned Money.

Please Capcom Stop it, let RE dying with Honor.
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway.
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just goes to show that you cannot please everyone, they try to satisfy Old School RE fans with Leon's campaign and also more casual Action fans with Chris' campaign and it just falls flat...with annoying Quick time events and bad camera angles thrown into the mix... Resident Evil... is not what it used to be.
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    By no means this is a 0 quality game. It really is an average action 3rd person game that will probably please some people. The reason It gets a 0 from me, is because it has the misleading title of a numbered RE sequel but the product i ended up playing was something like Gears of War meets CoD.
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

This game is just disgusting. I've completed Leon's campaign, and I am not going to give any spoilers, but I personally didn't like the story and it was BAD and cliche. Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good thing i can get on my head is that the game has awesome lightning effects and graphics are medicore. That's why i'll give it an 1 instead of 0. I can't suggest this game to anyone.
  15. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just saidI just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just said F***k it and bought the game anyway.

THE GOOD: Graphics are as good as any other big budget game on the market. Especially nice character models and lighting effects. Gameplay has stiff learning curve, but once you take the time to master it, it works mostly well. I especially like the melee animations and the dodging. Length is there. You have 3, 8 hour campaigns, one bonus campaign, 3 mercenary stages, and agent hunt. Sound and Music is very good especially during Leon's campaign. Leon's campaign is a highlight. Presentation is pretty good and story is a little more interesting than RE5. Animation is top notch for the characters and the enemies.

THE BAD: Poorly scripted events that can lead to a few unfair deaths. (This would be an easy fix Capcom, just prompt a dodge instead of just killing the player.) Too many quick time events (a few are fun ever so often to mix it up, but not this many!) Agent Hunt mode while a good idea is just not handled very well. I know zombies should be hard to control but not that hard! Fix the game matching while you are at it! Not enough Mercenary levels. Sometimes camera gets wonky. Level design on Chapter 1 Chris's campaign leaves something to be desired. Too many door opening sections.

THE UGLY:

All the enemies in the game! lol

RATINGS: Graphics 9, Gameplay 8, Length 9, Sound 9, Music 10, Camera 7, Story 7, Level Design 7, Fun factor 9. I hoped this helps!
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was simply awful, /v/ was right. I shouldn't play video games anymore. All the ones who have good reviews are either shills or viral marketers.
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    This has to be one of the biggest pieces of junk that i have EVER played. The story makes no sense and is just plain boring, the controls are worse than a game made in the 90's i refuse to ever buy a capcom game again. Even the dedicated should stay clear
  18. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  19. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    The game just fails to fulfill its promises in many levels. This game is no longer a survival games. Clearly the call of duty virus is spreading around. It is just copy past from many games
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    Just when i thought the series could not possibly get any worse, i would resell this game to get some of my money back but i refuse to let someone else waste their money on this garbage
  22. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't evenI'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is Terrible game in the world. Horrible game play and AI. unrealistic physics engine, cheap sound effect. dont buy this. waste of money and time.
    by the way dokdo is korean territory
  24. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is justThis game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us.
    I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain.
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times whenThis game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times when there were so many cutscenes, that I wasn't actually even playing a game. They said they were going back to their roots, and then **** us with this garbage that they call a game. It sucks realizing that you waited this long for a game, and they produced this steamy pile of crap. BRING BACK SURVIVAL HORROR! Expand
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    Most trolled game ever... Its much different than other Resident Evil but still its cool game. Enjoyable 30h long gameplay with nice graphics and multiplayer.
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    I am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved onI am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved on the previous game in almost every respect, though a few gripes from the previous game return. As such, I must point out that these "0" reviews are extremely misleading and imply that the game is unplayable or terrible, which is a far cry from the reality of the situation. Many negative reviews appear to be from opponents of the game's direction who have not played it and do not intend to, and thus are unreliable sources as to the quality of the game. Expand
  28. Oct 2, 2012
    This isn't survival horror, it wants to be gears of war and call of duty.
    Fails on all accounts, major disappointment, horrible game, I want my money back :(
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    The Best Resident Evil I Have Played leon campaign is the best for me. Chris campaign is The Same Resident Evil 5. Jake Campaign is Magnifico Plenty Of that I liked this game.!

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.