Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.3

1. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event thatAs a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOWLol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE)After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE) which make the most exciting scenes that you would normally want to play a bit boring, as these take the bite out of the game. Overall enough good changes to make a very good game I had a blast playing online! Although I would welcome a return to it's old survival horror roots wish I've missed since 4. Expand
  4. Jul 6, 2013
    Had such high hopes for this game. Love the Resident Evil series, and this game although good just did not live up to expectations. Also liked to play as different characters, but did not like the overlapping story line and seeing the sames cut scenes over again and just got confusing.
  5. Oct 13, 2012
    I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Then why 5? Well, this game is horribly develop! maybe that's the only terrifying thing in this game, camera is a headache, specially in crawled spaces, there is no lock system at all, while shooting I may understand but in melee, you will be doing hits to the air most of the time, because you will not see where is the enemy due to camera. Action scenes and quick time events cut down to pieces the gameplay, sometimes a few seconds apart from one another. More than realistic recoil, all character are veterans soldiers/agents/police and well, recoil must have been at least realistic and not a mess. The endless spawinig enemies spoils exploration, though in such small areas there is not much anyway. Multiplayer is has multiple connection issues and so long lifed as needed, mostly is the same as RE5 no improvements at all////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////This game remembers me Alpha Protocol, great story, great ideas and design with a really AWFUL development team, no talent at all, maybe they hired some College drop offs in Capcom. How could this happen from RE5 to RE6, I do not know, I am really sad. I never say this but this game deserve it, DO NOT BUY.
  6. Oct 10, 2012
    It's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be hereIt's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be here (shooter).

Some other minor problems I've encountered are some of the events that happen. For example, you're in melee and a cinematic triggers. A car on fire comes dashing for you and explodes. If you're standing wrong, you're dead, simply that, nothing you can do about it. Apart from that, if you're used to a shooter, you might want to set the grenade to R2, as with standard controls, R2 is a herb, and tossing a nade involves frantically searching for it with the D-pad.

The quick-time events a lot of people dislike are actually not that bothersome. The only one that's FAR too common is opening a door with your partner. This happens about every 2 minutes.

All in all, this game is not a topper. But it doesn't deserve the score it gets here, it's a decent attempt from Capcom to appeal to a larger audience. They will however have to define a direction for RE, mixing everything into one game just feels forced and doesn't work at times.
  7. Oct 11, 2012
    OK I have to say I like the game i'm a big fan of Resident Evil The stories are awesome, and shocking. The only thing that irritates me is the Grabbing problem where you lose a whole bar of health just because they put their hands on you...they don't even have to hit you they just touch you and you automatically lose health. Other than that I love the game.
  8. Jun 2, 2013
    As a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's theAs a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's the best you can think of Capcom? I enjoyed this game. It was different from the others. I think personally you're either a Chris fan or a Leon fan. Me, I'm with Leon. I thought there was gonna be an awesome fight scene between those two in the trailer, but there wasn't it was disappointing actually. It was a fun game,and I'm predicting the next Resident Evil game will be Chris'. Ada as always is annoying. Enough said Expand
  9. May 23, 2014
    There are no creative gameplay setups in the game. It's a variety of "x zombies coming at you" and "x zombies coming at your position which you must hold for a while". Then there's the occasional boss and QTE, but it feels like an overall cash-in, something made to satisfy shareholders rather than gamers.

Some moments are way above mediocre though, and despite the long trudges, there's occasional glimpses of an 8/10 or even 9/10 game. Then that feeling lasts ten minutes at most aaand it's back to 5-6/10 action. As such, it's a game about punching, stomping and shooting, rather than a game about zombie survival.

If 7 hours of well-made, varied graphics can satisfy your curiosity, I think you will have a fun time with Leon's campaign, which is polled to be the most liked and provides decent closure to its story. But I'm not sure the other three campaigns will hold your interest, as I don't really want to keep playing the game after 1st chapter of second campaign, which adds more shootouts after I just finally got done with it in the first campaign. Leon's still had some spectacular set pieces and encounters, and the flow between chapters felt quite convincing despite some drastic changes in surroundings. The occasional puzzles all had the same mass-market design as the action: designed to be instantly solvable, each element laid out in order so you just move forward and check off each step.

You can choose to smile at the button-mashing and various times where the game treats you like a tool. With that attitude, you can play the game as a conversation about game design. Sometimes it works, sometimes you laugh. If you're looking for some spectacularly produced dark action scenes, RE6 might still be the most exciting combination of tension and action on PS3.

Ultimately, you have to ask whether it's even worth picking up from the bargain bin. It's a matter of taste. Do you want an enjoyable time, or a tense time? A smooth experience or a rugged one? Creative design or mainstream design? Whatever you want, RE6 designs it in a way so I won't recommend playing it. But there is something exciting about playing a big-budget, non-recommended game. Just to see what the fuss is about.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    First of all i need to say that i'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series and the gameplay or story. This game have some potential and has a lot of action but the story split in 4 was not a good idea. I think it would be better one story but big like in the previous game (RE5). The controls where good better than the previous title but just that. The graphics where basically the sameFirst of all i need to say that i'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series and the gameplay or story. This game have some potential and has a lot of action but the story split in 4 was not a good idea. I think it would be better one story but big like in the previous game (RE5). The controls where good better than the previous title but just that. The graphics where basically the same where darker, i enjoyed more the previous game graphics. The story was just decent, like in any post apocalypse game. There are a lot of games and this series and there is much that beat this one, Resident Evil 4 or 5 are good (only 2 i played until now) but this one was fun because of the split-screen mode of mercenaries.If you wanna have some fun in split-screen killing zombies this might be good, but you will not get hours of fun for sure because the rounds are fast and get repetitive. Expand
  11. Jan 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, theResident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, the action game fans and the FPS fans. I like COD but this is Resident Evil and it should be like RE4 and RE5, next generation, with action... ok, that's good but the game must have the horror too, it's not a shooter game, FPS, like the campaign of Chris. Skills, oh my god, no... they should keep the RE5 style, again. Upgrading weapons and maybe, upgrade health, things like that. Thank god the unlimited ammo is unlockable after we beat the entire game once, but we can use only 3 unlimited gun ammo per skill and that's annoying, if we want to use another unlimited gun we have to change the ability? Pfff... The extra campaign of Ada is a incredible bonus, I loved this one too, like Leon's one. Another thing, the bonus costumes, they should be available to use in the main campaigns!!! That's a CLASSIC. I really don't care if they appear in the FMV or not, the most important thing is PLAYING with them. Someone out there said "sorry, but its something with the capacity of the game disc". A PS3 Blu-Ray and a Xbox 360 DVD really don't include space to put the bonus costumes playable in the main story??? Oh come on.. tell me another story, Capcom. The controls are so much better now, I like it a lot. The graphics too. The combat system and the guns are so much better. But that's the thing. Maybe RE Revelations (that's coming to PS3, XBOX360 and PC in May 21st, 2013) is better than RE6. The Mercenaries is a incredible bonus too, but 3 scenarios? Oh my GOD! At least 6 and it would be very good... All that because of Capcom, wanting money and more money with those DLC'S. This thing of 3 different campaigns and different styles to please all the kind of public is really not a good idea. I have sure that the real fans of RE are thinking that way too. I hope CAPCOM can fix that in the next games. Expand
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vsThe fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES.

As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade.

Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you?

Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game.

Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996.

This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends.

I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you.
  13. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  14. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  15. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offerIs the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often. 2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  17. Oct 18, 2012
    Bad design and an over reliance on QTE's ruins this game. Ideas are stolen from virtually every third-person action game in the last 5 years but are copied badly. The mercenaries mode is still addictive but the campaign mode is a complete write off.
  18. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they reallyI love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they really took you out of the action. The platforming was pointless (just press X) and didn't really see why they bothered. Even the shooting was just "okay" (I played most of Leon and some of Chris' campaigns). The writing was mediocre to terrible (um...why would Leon agree to get into an enclosed elevator with someone who was bitten and someone who is clearly sick as though he had no idea what was going to happen?) though the cut scenes themselves were well voice-acted and well done. Some of the "set pieces" I've seen so far were inferior to set pieces in Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Some of the boss battles were just rediculous (really...how would anyone survive being in the mouth of a huge shark-zombie for like 5 minutes..). Sure there is a lot of content, so I suppose I could recommend this to someone who was really bored, but I think I'd rather re-play a really good game than finish this. Since I can only get $4 at Best Buy to trade this in, I'll probably try to sell this on eBay since I already watched the nonsensical plot on YouTube. Expand
  19. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Resident Evil 6 in concept had some good ideas and things to work with, but almost everything they tried in this game was poorly excecuted. I did like the idea of Leon and Chris finally being in a game together. I liked how they actually tried to give Chris a little more character development, something that was lacking to me in the previous games with him. I really liked maybe the first half of Leons campaign. There also seems to be a great attention to detail in how each character reacts to the enemies, whether it be Chris, Leon or Jake they all feel different to me. With that being said though, I think theres a lot of problems with this game, and like I said the biggest fault being excecution. I liked how they made Chris sort of this captain of the group in the beginning of the campaign and I like how Chris says no one will be left behind. But this is soon shattered by Adas stupid clone. I was actually digging Chris's campaign in the beginning but after Chris's men are killed I lost all sense of what I was actually fighting for, besides obviously Chris trying to get revenge on Carla. RE6 ended up replacing RE4 and RE5's weapon upgrading system with a skill point system. The problem I had with it was that I really didn't get a chance to actually delve into it as you could only upgrade skills at the end of each chapter and from what skill points I aquired, I barely felt any real difference. There's some melee components to this game but they all feel overpowered as you can continually mash at the enemies at will with no consequences. In RE4 and Re5 you had to place your shots at the right points than you could do a melee sequence. At the end of things I think this game is worth renting as I think there is some fun to be had, especially if you have a friend, but other than that don't buy it. Expand
  20. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    It's definitely the most ambitious title in the series. But lacks the meat and bones of all its predecessors.
  21. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, veryThis game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, very good: I enjoyed the various points of view without feeling overwhelmed by the 45 hours of play it tooked to me to platinum it. The low amount of ammo you find and carry at higher difficulty level force you to cycle among the weapons carried, offering a various approach to fight. The game isn't scary at all. It is more an action game with a strong cinematic approach, rather than a true, old styled, survival horror. I find the game higly replayable, especially thanks to the cool chapter structure, which allow you to replay almost exactly the point you like. Overall, I think it is a good product for the fan of the serie: a game which allow you to play some of the most charismatic characters of RE, and throw in some new stuff. Expand
  22. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's gotBasically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  23. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil atResident Evil 6 is mixture of different games. The Leon/Helena campaign being the most conventional RE campaign while Chris' being a action movie like and so on. The 4 campaign are different enough that they are all interesting on their own, but make a larger story that gives you a complete picture once you completed them all. This is a fun game no doubt but only resembles Resident Evil at very few times. Capcom did try to make an action game out of a much beloved survival horror franchise. They succeded in making and action shooter, but failed to retain any of the survival elements that made Resident Evil what it used to be. As an action game, it is pretty awesome, and I'm having a lot of fun playing it, however this is no longer a survival horror game at all. One example is how much ammo there is. I kept my accuracy somewhere in the 50% range and found I had to throw away ammo to make room in my inventory. Another is the environments. Outside of Leon's campaign there are no moments that feel like there is a sense of urgency. If you are wondering if this game is for you there is a very simple way to tell. If you liked Resident Evil 1-3 (yes also code veronica and whatever I might have missed) then this is NOT for you at all. If however you liked how the series switched gears at 4 & 5 then there is something for you here. Resident Evil 6 is not as focused of an experience as previous titles have been and I believe that is what hurts it most in terms of caring about the story, along with the lack of any survival horror elements. I would have given this game a 8/10 because I bought the Anthology edition which is by far the best value, but this review is specific to RE6 only. hope this helps. Expand
  24. Jan 18, 2013
    for me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chaptersfor me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chapters (mostly leon's) until i got my fave abilities up to lvl3 and ****..

for me rent the game first. imo the shooting and the movement is better than RE5 and mercs is addicting. it has a meaty campaign and tonnes of hours of gameplay (if you're into shooting up monsters and ****)

give it a chance it might surprise you.
  25. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this gameProduction values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  26. Oct 27, 2012
    I played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous drivingI played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous driving scenes, I will go back to this later as it deserves to be talked about thoroughly. Removing the merchant completely was a stupid idea. I actually liked being able to purchase and use different weapons in RE4 & RE5 as opposed to how it's set up now where, ok you get these weapons you get in this campaign and this is what you have to use. You really have no options and not every character gets a certain kind of weapon. I think Ada and Chris didn't get a magnum or something. The little perk system Capcom added was kind of pointless in a way but it did give you something to do with the removal of the shop menu. Just not as interesting to me. There are positives you can find in this game. The story is ok. Graphics are nice and I haven't seen any frame rate drops but occasionally you will see areas that just seem way too dark even if you have the brightness settings up all the way in the game - to combat this I had to change settings on my TV. I played through the three main campaigns via cooperatively and actually had fun. I can imagine this game might be a little boring playing solo. Cover system is pointless. Not once did I find myself ever having to go into cover even playing on Professional. It was just a way to make the RE series more like games like Uncharted or Gears of War but they failed miserably. As for the driving. Well it's bad. Real bad. I wasn't expecting a Gran Turismo or Forza but holy hell. You do it so much that it warrants being mentioned. Snow mobile scene for one why was it still over the shoulder? It threw me off completely because of how stupid it looked. As to trying to make an avalanche dramatic Capcom decided to make ground rise up for some reason - I did not know this was possible. It was ridiculous, dumb and downright pointless. Chris & Piers driving scene is the worst. The turret on the gun does not even damage any other enemy cars unless you are right next to them. Trying to keep up is difficult because the driving is so bad. This should not have been included into the game. Oh and Chris magically learning how to fly a jet? Get real Capcom. Don't go into this game expecting something epic, you'll be highly disappointed. Play RE6 expecting you may be disappointed and you should be fine. Expand
  27. Oct 11, 2012
    For an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't beFor an honest review of resident evil 6 continue reading this review. First of all I would like to say that i am disgusted with all the negative reviews of this game. The visuals and sound are a lot better then RE5 and 4. The actual gameplay changes are nice additions as well. With the ability to shoot on your back and roll on the ground being very helpful in the game. While you won't be doing much of this in Leon's campaign it's still a nice addition to have through the 4 campaigns. Creature design is better than all of resident evils combined. Campaign and Mercenaries are all fully co-op but the only issue is you cannot trade items. The health system has been redone as well. The have now changed to health tablets. A green herb gives you one tablet, 2 greens and you got 3 tablets, 3 greens or a green and a red will give you 6 tablets. Your health bar is now blocks that are replenished by taking a tablet. 1 tablet = 2 block. I will review each campaign separately starting with Leon's. Leon's campaign is worth the 60 dollars on its own. It's much better than the whole of resident evil 5 and challenges RE4 in specific categories. It's the classic Resident Evil experience. Zombies can mutate into fleshy sacks and others can spew toxic gas from there bodies. It's nice not having to shoot Las Plagas infected mongrels day in day out. Zombies can run, jump and sway to avoid attacks and try and take a bite out of your neck. Hand to hand combat is a nice experience with Leon (and others) being able to pull of satisfying finishers like stabbing bottles in the backs of zombies and them onto the ground. In short, it never gets old. Also I would like to add that moving and shooting is now in the game. I personally never used it but tried it. I works well its just that moving while aiming doesn't allow for accurate shots but whatever blows your hair back. Leons campaign is quite lengthy lasting a good 8 1/2 hours on my first play through (I beat RE5 in 6 hours on the first play through) There are also great set pieces ranging from shooting a Naked Spider Woman on a train track to fighting a Godzilla sized mutant fly. It's fun from start to finish. The areas are all interesting from flaming streets to underground caves and a zombie infested church. If the game was just Leon's campaign and mercenaries it would get a 9/10. Chris's campaign and Jakes campaigns are similar but have their distinctive differences. Chris's campaign is a mix of RE4 and 5. The enemies consists of j'avos that lurk around every corner. J'avos are infected people but they retain their intelligence. That means they are able to use guns and bombs and try to flank you. J'avos are able to mutate into stronger forms of them selves. For example shoot their head off and out comes a parasitic 2 headed monster that is able to chomp through steel. Shoot arms and out pops longer tentacle like organisms that attack you behind cover. There's a wide array of mutations. If you go blasting in like an action game you will quickly find yourself without ammo and using your knife to try and incapacitate your foes. Like Leon's campaign there are some pretty impressive set pieces like Shooting huge el gigante like creatures with absolutely disgusting mutilated faces and hunting down a invisible snake that eats your teammates one by one. It's also around 8 1/2 hours long and it's filled with great locations like Snowy European villages and neon filled Chinese downtown areas. The story is also interesting with the struggle between Chris and his inner demons as well as with his partner. Parts interweaves with Leon's campaign. Jakes campaign features the same enemies and some of the locations as Chris's but is still an enjoyable experience with again a nice story and some spectacular set pieces. In jakes campaign you are being chased by an invincible nemesis like creatures that stalks you as you make your way through the game. Chris's campaign would score a 9/10 but jakes would be a 8/10 because of the repeated enemies and repeated locations. Ada's campaign is more puzzle filled with interesting locations and new enemies and would score a 8.5/10. Mercenaries return with all new locations, characters and enemies. If you've played one mercenaries than you've played them all really. It's still however, a nice experience to play 2 players. I would score it a 8.7/10. To summarize this is without a doubt the best Resident Evil game and the sheer amount of content earns it a 10/10. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    I waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy andI waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy and drawn out. I played it through with a friend and beat the entire game in less than 3 days. As a fan of RE series, I will always play the games, but was hoping for more. I think Capcom needs to reboot this series and give its audience more credit. I felt like I was playing a COD style game where the game was bigger than itself but didn't really portrait the intensity and fell as some of the previous games. I gave it a 6 because it wasn't a horrible game, but it is not on par with other games out there like Dead Space or even Uncharted (which is the feel they were going for, big scale) Expand
  29. Feb 27, 2013
    Keep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complainKeep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complain about this? Face it, it's a good game; at least from a technical aspect. The graphics are lifelike, the gunplay is smooth and fair, the difficulty curve is spot on, the character models are well thought out as are their animations, and the multiplayer is surprisingly good. I enjoyed this game through and through, and although it's not a perfect game, it's definitely among my favorite games of 2012. For all of you 90's Capcom fans out there, just pretend you're not playing a Rezzy game and you'll enjoy it. Definitely worth $40. Expand
  30. Oct 9, 2012
    So I was pumped up about this game, I love the Resident Evil series and have played every game. This game promised so much and delivered on some. Finally the controls have gone to modern 3rd person shooter mechanics. The cover system sucks and I never used it. The graphics are great and have many improvements as to be expected also. I love the opening sequence of the game, but then end upSo I was pumped up about this game, I love the Resident Evil series and have played every game. This game promised so much and delivered on some. Finally the controls have gone to modern 3rd person shooter mechanics. The cover system sucks and I never used it. The graphics are great and have many improvements as to be expected also. I love the opening sequence of the game, but then end up re-living the same sequence later in Leon's campaign! Lame. I think the 3 campaigns that merge together is a cool idea. Each character feels different and has a unique storyline. Now for the bad: Even playing on normal I died way too much. I am a veteran gamer also so I know it's not because I suck! The use of quick time events has gone overboard throughout the game, especially in boss fights. Capcom needs to take a page from Santa Monica studios on how to do them right form the God of War games! The boss fights are big and slimy, but seem to drag on and I hate defeating one to have him come back more mutated and harder over and over. That has been played out. Also the combat could be greatly improved. Kicking slowly and having no counters or combos hurts while you are mobbed by zombies and can't see to shoot. Overall I was disappointed and ended taking it back out of frustration before even beating it. Capcom has gone away from the great horror game that made them so damn good. We don;t need another action game- we like RE for the horror. In that regard, Dead space has taken the trophy. Expand

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.