Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  2. Oct 15, 2012
    Why do people have graded this game so bad? Each campaign has a different game play which makes it interesting but they all end up being part of the same story. I highly recommend it!
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.
    I am a huge fan of the series. I played the original games back on the PS1, loved the new take when RE4 came out and am thrilled to see where RE6 has taken things.
    Resident Evil 6 is one epic package that delivers something for everyone.

There are THREE seperate campaigns to play through! Each of them has a very different flavour. How critics can say the game isn't scary is beyond me. The Leon chapter harks back to the very first RE games and does a brilliant job of modernising things.

Chris's campagn is more action packed - much like RE 5. The boss battles are sublime and the creature variation is phenominal.

The game is hard though. Ammo is scarce so you still need to manage this wisely. The addition of improved mele combat is welcomed also.

On top of this - if you turn ON agent hunt (should be on by default) you can up the fear factor by knowing that any one of the enemies in your game can at any point be taken over by a real human being online who is out for your blood. This adds an incredibly tense feeling to the entire playthrough.
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You canThe gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  5. Oct 11, 2012
    Como voces sabem, a maior prova que a Capcom poderia ter que Resident Evil 6 foi um grande sucesso, aconteceu! O game ja vendeu mais de 4,5 milhoes de copias e espera atingir a marca de 7 milhoes ate 31/03/2013. Os jogadores que compraram, ainda tiveram a oportunidade de jogar uma extensa demo antes de decidir pela compra.
  6. Oct 5, 2012
    Brilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines theBrilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines the formula of Resident Evil 4 and 5 in a much bigger more diverse adventure. The controls have been streamlined well to make the action easier to manage and consequently the game throws more enemies at the player. There are nice improvements to melee combat and the inventory is the best yet for an RE game. Graphics and audio are very impressive (special mention must go to the lighting which is awesome) and it's packed with demented creatures! If you loved Resident Evil 4 and 5 you're going to love this.

the tradition
  7. Sep 14, 2013
    Awesome game. i just do not get all those negative 1 point ratings. the game is awrsome. hours of gameplay. i am at 20 hrs now and i still have a lot to go. co-op is spectacular. graphics, story line are great. this is still survival horror game.....just do nor play it in easy mode. capcon put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. great title.
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    resident evil 6 is the best game I ever played
    great graphics
    optimal gameplay
    Very good campaign
    capcom nice job
    this game is what I was looking for
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    There is much troll on this page, this game and they will destroy their multiaccounts like call of duty and diablo 3, but unfortunately did not have anything to do if not **** and put 0 to a game that, while for many has been the best work ... personally has been the best game of resident evil .. varied and fun game.
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls,First off, to be amazing you will have haters. Period. This is an AMAZING game. Played already many hours into it and do not tell me I don't know my Resident Evil lore, I've beaten every one of them, grew up playing each one as they came out. This RE has multiple campaigns, multiple characters, a secret campaign, endings for each campaign and a hidden ending, along with improved controls, enemies who lose meat as they are shot. CHALLENGING, play it on Veteran and tell me you won't be saying, "Man, I need some ammo!!!" I could go on and on about how much fan service is in the game, Leon's first chapter ALONE is an entire reference to the beginning of Resident Evil 2. GO BUY THIS GAME!!! And I figure I'd squish some of the arguments people are having saying, "This isn't Resident Evil!" Resident "Gears of War" Evil? How can Resident Evil emulate Gears of War when Resident Evil 4 made the follow-3rd person camera popular, that influenced Gears of War? Go on Wikipedia and research it. "Chris' campaign is garbage, it's "Call of Duty!" Okay, Chris was an ex-military airforce man, was super into winning Marksmen contest, it makes SUPER sense and is in perfect line that Chris would be in a tank going right at Bioterrorism. At the end of TWO Resident Evils Chris proclaims either, "We need to take out Umbrella once and for all" while in a fighter jet or while in a helicopter, "To live in a world without fear? Yeah it's worth it." All the complaints with the wiggling of the joystick to get away from zombies, in Resident Evil 2 & 3, you had to CONSTANTLY hammer on the square button EVERY time a zombie bit you so you wouldn't lose too much life. I'm convinced that more than 80 percent of the negative reviews are people who hated the game before even playing it for long enough to even review it. And QTE were all over RE4! If you're on the fence and loved recently survival horror games such as Dead Space 1 & 2, you should really, really enjoy this game! Expand
  11. Oct 3, 2012
    Damn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoyingDamn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I recommend this game highly Expand
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    A mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox enA mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox en campaña). Expand
  13. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  14. Jan 30, 2013
    Loving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved everyLoving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved every minute thus far. What makes a great game to me - can you not wait to get home to play it? I can't wait to play this game, enthralled by it! Expand
  15. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  16. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

17. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996. These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut.
  18. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  19. Oct 5, 2012
    There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported byThere are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million, the highest ever for a Capcom game. Expand
  20. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meetCapcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meet their highest expectations. Expand
  21. Oct 5, 2012
  22. Oct 5, 2012
    In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal.
  23. Oct 11, 2012
    Quando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem genteQuando um produto vende bem, nao significa necessariamente que ele tenha qualidade maxima, mas significa que ele tem um publico fiel que o considera bom o suficiente a ponto de gastarem seu dinheiro com ele, e isso basta, pois se chama sucesso. Em time que esta ganhando nao se mexe, e sao as vendas que mostra a vitoria, assim como na franquia Call Of Duty. Se tem gente comprando, tem gente gostando. Contra fatos nao ha argumentos, e nao sao os criticos especializados que fazem o sucesso de um produto e sim o seu publico, este mesmo que gasta seu dinheiro comprando. Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people thatThe game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people that actually tried the game have actually liked it very much, aside from reviewers and OLD fans. I just don't see anything wrong with it. All the people I know that have played it also love it. People who are on the face or afraid to get the game due to the negative reception should just get the game and try it out for themselves, since all the negative reviews seem extremely bias and against any form of innovation in the series. The scare factor, that many claim is gone, is still very much there in the game. In one campaign alone, there are a lot of things popping out of nowhere to attack you without warning. Expand
  25. Oct 20, 2012
    in the begining i tought that the game will be lame, but after play Leons campaign, i'm amazed, Crhis camapgn is very funny too, the purists are hating the game because is not survival horror more but the game is an awesome action game , and must be played for fans
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    Brilliant game!!!!
    The story was awesome and I'm looking forward to the next game.
    This game was WAAAAY better than Resident Evil 5
    So much smoother controller than before.
  27. Oct 3, 2012
    i love this game so much & fact is that i am happy with this game but i only played leon Campaign as far i like it but everyone giving out bad review i find this resident evil 6 better then 5 one that was crap this way better
  28. Oct 5, 2012
    This game not bad at all... except the aim .... but they will fix it... the game is fun... I enjoy it much.... also the mercenaries mode... don't know why people trolling the review
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    RE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and othersRE 6 is a strange one I really love the game but is not anymore the old horror game now is more accion style whit explosions and loops this time is enormous in content and the quality is really good is like a blockbuster movie and is hell of fun I to miss the old games RE 1, 2 ,3, 4 but in ours times the things change so for all the people that hate the game just sell it and others people would enjoy this game to me one of the bets game of the year along whit borderlands and max payne 3 dont be a hater this game is great and the effects MW3 troolls cant hurt a game thaht is good by its owns rights, and stop criying about its no more survival horror stop that makes look peolpe stupid the survival genre has died long time ago **** it died whit RE 3 and silent hill 3 asswhipes Expand
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    An honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a badAn honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a bad thing. Can't keep doing the same thing over and over with slight revisions. I think the type of game that 1 and 4 were are great games and definitely the best in the series but 6 is an awesome game and if you are a true fan of Resident Evil, this will not disappoint. I simply do not see how it could unless we just have the occasional or bandwagon fans jumping on here hoping for a another game like 4 and giving this game a $heet score because it didn't live up to what they consider resident evil should be. I give this game a solid 8.5 but going 10 to try and counteract all the negative reviews. You people are lame. No way any game besides the worst videogame ever made deserves anything as low as a 0. Even a 4 or a 5 would be completely ridiculous. You eff up the whole point of metacritic. Expand

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.