5.2

1. Oct 8, 2012
    The gameplay mechanics added are really good, because they have added more mobility to the characters, and now melee attacks can be performed without the need of making the opponents dizzy. But it comes with a price because you can not spam them because you have a stamina gauge below your life bar, that drains with each attack, so you have to plan your kicks and punches carefully. You can run, slide and do barrel rolls in order to avoid damage, and also you can now counter enemy attacks, which requires really good reflexes lol XD.

There is an skill points system that is similar to the money system of RE4-5; but instead of buying or upgrading weapons you buy or upgrade skills. For example, instead of buying a bulletproof vest, you buy an skill to take less damage; and Instead of upgrading a weapon in particular in order to do more damage, you buy an skill that allows you to do more damage. Most skills can be upgraded, but cost lots skill points to do so. You can only equip 3 skill points for each skill set. At first you have only one skill set, but afterwards when you complete 1 campaign you will get access to 8 sets. Each one of them can have 3 skills, and can be swapped on the fly during gameplay, so if you think that certain area or boss requires different skills, you can equip them without a problem. But remember that in order to access the 8 skills, you need to finish 1 campaign first.

During some events there are QTEs, which I think are quite unnecessary, but they last a small amount of time, so for me they did not bring down the gameplay. There are other kind of QTEs, like when a zombie grabs you, and you need kick him in the face so he stops biting you lol XD. I think those fit the gameplay well.

Oh, and in case you did not know; this game is hard XD.

You have at first 3 campaigns to choose from with their respective hero: Leon, Chris, and Jake. I think that is the biggest strength of the game, and also it is where most of the weak points are. The 3 campaigns are quite different from each other, which is not a bad thing; but it is kind of bad when they all have different gameplay focus. The gameplay mechanics seem to have been elaborated around Leon´s campaign, and that makes it look like that Leon story is the MAIN story while the other 2 are some kind of bonus....a lengthy bonus. Now this may sound really bad for the game, but that is not the case; I say this because Leon campaign is the best of the 3, it last between 7-8 hours to complete; so for me as a fan it justifies the $60. It is a mix of RE4 and old RE games.

I think that they should have made the Leon campaign longer, and make it THE MAIN CAMPAIGN of the game, and once you clear it, you are able to access Chris and Jake story. Kind of separate ways and desperate escape, but much bigger. And once the 3 are completed you could access Ada´s campaign.

Treat the game as if it only has at first the Leon´s campaign available. It begins slow the first half hour, but after that it picks up the pace, and it is really good. And if you play it in co-op it is a blast. One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had during a game. I says this, because the gameplay mechanics dont fit really well Chris, and Jakes campaign. They are enjoyable once you get used to the gameplay focus of each campaign; but Leon campaign is simply the best. Ada´s campaign is also great.

I recommend you to play a campaign first and once you want to play other one do so, but dont back and forth jump between them because they are very different.

I think that if reviewers would have played the other 2 campaigns as a bonus, (after they completed Leon´s campaign) instead of playing them as the main thing offered in the game they would have rate it way better.

Also I think that the camera should be further. They have added gameplay mechanics that add more mobility, but due to the fact that the stages are bigger, zombies can attack from anywhere, so you still can not dodge them. It would be better to have the camera further away (like in Uncharted) in order to have a better look of the surroundings.

TIP: Change camera settings from 5 to 1.

The game is really awesome and every RE fan must play it. It deserves an 8.5/10, but I am rating it a 10/10 because of the haters here that have not even played the game rate it 0/10.
  2. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, I don't understand the level of disapproval this game is receiving. Personally I loved it. But I suppose it's completely possible I just have bad tastes. There seem to be a ton of complaints about it's controls, but aside from having to deal with a couple unhelpful or distracting camera shifts, primarily in run away events like those in the Chris & Piers campaign I felt they worked just fine. I adjusted to using them pretty easily. Using cover wasn't always the most fluid of maneuvers, but that's really only a concern for the Chris campaign where mass enemy weapons fire is a regularity. As for the horror aspect it's a bit more prevalent in Leon's campaign and Ada's than the rest, sure. But there are several campaign's for you to choose from that prompt a need for somewhat different styles of play. Is that really problematic? Each campaign is fairly extensive covering 5 chapters each of which are reasonably long. If all you're looking for are jump scares, then I can understand your disappointment, not so much your desire for them though. People keep complaining it removes the survival aspect, but I have to ask, how so? You're constantly in danger and under attack so there's an obvious threat to your life. The only thing I can think of concerning the decrease in urgency of survival would be the inclusion of auto-saves versus the old fashioned find a type-writer saves. There does seem to be a large number of QTE's but not so much I felt like it had become it issue. That could be a matter of personal view on how many is too many though. My only complaint would be the unfortunate character death. But that's just because I liked the character, not necessarily that it was a bad narrative choice. I think the graphics are good, musical score is good, and I enjoyed the story. Whether you like it or not is probably a personal preference, but there /is/ a demo available that you could try before purchasing the game. I enjoy being able to play co-op. I love the idea of intersecting campaigns and being able to play with 4 people in a single match. The Agent Hunt extra game sounds fun, like a cool idea. Haven't had too much experience with it though, just a few matches and feel it maybe use some working on. Need to play a bit more to really decide though. Overall I loved the game. So I'm giving it 9/10. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2012
    Not as good as the Xbox 360 version, but still perfect. It could have been optimized better for the platform, but there's really only so much you can do with a PS3 in comparison to the Xbox 360. The 360 has better online, better graphics, a better controller, better processing, better sound, and a much better community. This game doesn't really deserve a 6, but unfortunately that is what the developers are going to have to deal with. After all, they did make the conscious decision to develop for the PS3. It's only right that they face the repercussions. Expand
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is indispensable for fans. It has a great balance between tension and action. Fluid gameplay, good graphics, sounds exceptional, captivating storyline and lots of fun.
  5. Oct 8, 2012
    I laugh at these scores, it's not like this is the 1st RE that went action route. It seems like most of the population went full retard.

Let me tell u all this, some of us might find the game scary, some of my friends do (true story) especially to Leon's campaign.

Last but not least, if you are buying a game from reviews, save it. I play the game because i love the franchise, the
    chacs and the settings and the ability to play co-op with friends just like RE5.

Plz don't be so ignorant and say 'RE5 or RE4 is a better game" because it's not in a long shot. They are most or less the same, BUT, the main signature about RE6 is the content it is offering.
  6. Oct 7, 2012
    I have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originally was programmed today, it would flop. A remake made the same way...same result. It's ok to look back in the day and appreciate all those awesome games. They were groundbreaking back then, but again, things must evolve. I have to disagree with the critics and their 0-6 points. This game has great graphics, sharp controls, and lots of extras (storylines, characters, modifications and all around fun) a creepy mood, it's dark and filled with monsters. I find no better joy than blowing holes through zombies with my sidearm, shotgun, rifle or whatever other item in my inventory. I won't hate on people scoring this game below a 7. we are all entitled to feel how we do about games and our experience with them. Yes, it isn't the same and no, it is really scary. Is there action? Heck yes! I have played through the first 2 scenarios and working on Jake's now. I have been impressed the whole way while playing this. I love hearing how a game is not realistic, but it's a game....what realism are you looking for? It's a game, if it looks good, the story is good, it's easy to control and it's fun, why pick something apart so much that you end up hating it? An honest review: Pro's: There's enough action and opportunity to kill zombies to keep you wanting more. The controls are crisp and easy to use. The graphics are great and the damage realism is really solid. I like the addition of other players joining your cause and making it even more fun. You can play this game for 6 hours straight and still want more. Your spouse might disown you and you might end up in the dog house, but I say it's worth it (I speak from the dog house as I type this).

Cons: it can be frustrating as sometimes it seems you are just doing the same thing over and over. Although I enjoyed some of the new monsters, I think some of the old magic was missing with the monster types. The classics such as the Tyrants, lickers, and some of the other baddies are just sorely missed. A little more creativity in the settings could have earned this a perfect 10, but what is ever perfect?
  7. Oct 7, 2012
    As far as capcom goes these days with pissing of fans of their games, they use to love but now is destroyed for the money. Resident Evil 6 is their last chance.

Story: In this game you can pick up to 3 campaigns you would like to play. The main characters for the 3 are Leon, Chris, and Jake A.K.A Albert wesker's son. Leon goes back to somewhat of RE4's style of play where he shot the
    president and has to find the culprit behind the mess. Chris is similar to RE5 with action sequences. Jake is adventure where he will have to escape from the Tyrant Ustank while trying to make his blood become a cure to the world. There is a 4th campaign which is only avavliable once you complete Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaigns which is Ada Wong. Ada is trying to investigate on why is there another form of herself.

Gameplay: without a doubt RE6 has excellent gameplay. sprinting, quick shots, sliding, oh wait here is one everyone wanted shooting while moving yay. Performing counters on enemies at the exact which i feel that is isn't necessary for this game. For Capcom to take the countering of Uncharted 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, and city feels that it isn't right especially on a horror game back then. Meleeing is limited unlike RE4, RE5 where if you use it too much you'll lose your stamina and won't be able to melee for awhile unless you have health tablets. Which not only does it restore your health but restores your stamina completely. Healh tablets can be used multiple times. Vehicle parts of the game feel so clunky that you won't be able to get the enemies accurately. Skill points are introduced where you can spend them to unlock specific skills to all characters in the game. Whether it be reducing damage, to dealing more damage to enemies, etc. Mercenaries appears again with getting a high score in limited time. Agent Hunt is basically WTF. You can play as the enemies to eliminate the main characters which is basically capcom just deciding to imitate L4D's versus mode and EA's Dead space 2. controlling the enemies feel so stiff that its difficult to attack the main characters. Another bad thing is as completing it either killing the main character or failing to kill them you don't get award with skill points, only count towards record for medals. shame.

Overall capcom may have prevented themselves from losing finance with this game but feels that its a good game to bring back alot of things that fans wanted but still dissapoint them at the same time. In my opinion i feel that capcom did an good NOT outstanding job on making RE6 a good game just because its not what all fans wanted to be however i understand how they feel to losing something that was good back and now is completely changed. Those fans have to move on its never going to be the same all the time.
  8. Oct 7, 2012
    What happen to this series??? what was one of the best game series of all times has just become a shell of its former self. This doesn't feel like Resident Evil, feels more like Gears of Wars or, in Chris's story, like Call Of Duty. It doesn't have the same feeling of horror and despair like in the earlier games; Especially during Chris's story where you just feel overpowered. The worst part I think its the repetitiveness especially during the "boss" fights were you will kill it only for it to come back with a different form, and its all the same with all the "bosses". I hope that Capcom listen to the complaints of the gamers and bring back the horror next time, or this will probably be the last nail in the Resident Evil franchise coffin. Expand
  9. Oct 7, 2012
    I really don't understand why this game is being so hated. I play resident evil since the third, and this is by far the best one for me, it brings all of the good things of the other resident evils, with a better gameplay, a awesome story and lot of the best characters of the series.
  10. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.
    Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  11. Oct 7, 2012
    Exelent game, much better than Residnt evil 5.
    I just dont understand the bad scores given by almost new users, 1 time reviewers, just like me.
    Anyone whith an avarage inteligence will see whats behind this
    Just one description for this game.

The survivor Horror is back.
  12. Oct 7, 2012
    The camera is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Capcom obviously needs to hire different play testers. Oh my good god what a bad camera. It is WAY to close. It needs zoomed out 300% and raised from shoulder height to above head level.
    Besides that, the graphics are **** 720p blurry textures averaging 24 fps on PS3, and that's better then xbox. Where is my PC version with superior
    graphics? Non existent without a release date.
    The game has no horror feeling to it at all. It is not even scary. So, that means it is a linear action game. Well, if that's its genre, then it royally sucks.
    Oh and quick time events..... Just plain stupid.
    I want me $60 back.
    The game blows goat balls.
    Camera problems and quick time events straight up ruin the experience.
  13. Oct 7, 2012
    Capcom raise the bar of mediocrity in every way ! The only thing we can call survival horror in this game is the fact to buy it ! How disapointing for the Resident evil fan that i was ! The fourth installment of the serie was spectacular, innovative, probably one of the best video game i ever played. I understand that a concept need a refresh from time to time but not this way !
  14. Oct 7, 2012
    This game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to the orginal, you wouldn't want a Mario FPS would you? this game gets a 0 for being that, a ZERO in today's crowded FPS and TPS online games...At least Operation raccoon city had real zombies Expand
  15. Oct 7, 2012
    The most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title tried to be innovative and appeal to shooter fans and games that is 100 times worse than the outbreak of raccoon city.
    The only good thing in this game is its main menu interface so Purple.
    Really all those 600 employees must tried to kill themselves just to get a good idea into the game and then Capcom decided to cramp all those ideas both good and bad in the final product the result is you got one hell of a **** quality game.
    Even Retribution still have some originality of the old games,Resident Evil 6 just only got the name and characters.
  16. Oct 7, 2012
    Positives: Leon and Helena campaign feels like classic Resident Evil (more specifically Resident Evil 4), Some tense environments, Nice lighting effects (adds to the tension for some of the campaigns), The Interconnecting stories and very interesting campaign
    Negatives: the QTE (Quick time events) are very annoying, Jake and Sherry Campaign can be either very easy OR very hard, Chris and
    Piers campaign felt nothing like Resident Evil at all (feels more like a horrible third person shooter), some area's are too dark (zombies and environments blend in), weird camera and controls and horrible pacing.
    Overall: A could be good game with lots of flaws (the controls, camera and Chris and Piers campaign). Maybe an update fixing some of the issues would help make this a more enjoyable game.
  17. Oct 6, 2012
    I enjoyed this game from start to finish and I wasn't bothered by the controllers or the camera because in the camera they went all the way back to the classic by letting I see what behind u when running from something and also the QTE is what gets u in the game more focused than ever and move nd shoot was a huge installment to the series and it worked perfectly to die hard resident evil fans I won't have one problem playing this great add on to the sequel but if ur just buying or just to play a game ur going to be confused ur going to get mad for the camera angle and control settings but that's y capcom stayed with there RE fans but lost many new comers because of it advanced controls but overall fo lr a RE fan from the start like me ur going to have a great time with this game :D Expand
  18. Oct 6, 2012
    Nice one Capcom you **** **** pieces of **** Garbage game and I don't care how long you worked on it I don't feel sorry for you. You ruined the series and spiraled it into abysmal genericism. ****
  19. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop the **** on saying its bad cuz its not! Expand
  20. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi
    5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years Expand
  21. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  22. Oct 6, 2012
    That's the worst game i ever played. The game makes no sense, and completely escape the terror plot. zombies with machine guns? I feel sorry for those who bought this game. Capcom, i expected more from you.
  23. Oct 6, 2012
    Welp, what Can I say....

I seriously don't know what they were thinking when they made this. They took everything that made Resident Evil what it is, threw it trough the window and replaced it with 3rd person shooter features.

I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only
    hearing your footsteps resonating in the castle main hall? Rings any bell capcom? All I can see is fire and explosions here. what is this? I dont even... Whaa..?!

I am simply wordless, I cannot stress you enough how horrible they screwed it. Every mistake they could have made when making this game, they made it. You move fast as **** you can aim and walk at the same time, you can sprint, you have a cross air replacing your laser pointer, health recovers over time, the game is linear to a ridiculous point (AKA puzzles are dumb and nearly non existent)
    melee attacks... Oh god... Why do you even use guns... The knife is useless as it can be, unlike RE4 where it was your ammo saver. ( Shoot the head, kick, stab, get item or not, we all know the drill)

Which makes me think, whatever happened to Ashley? I was kind of hoping she would have been Leon's side kick but instead we got Ms.WhatsHerFace which no one ever heard about nor cared about.

I didn't even bothered going through the whole game, it simply disgusted me how they defaced RE.

So to sum it up, if you expect a survival horror by buying this game, I suggest you get Half-life with Cry of Fear installed instead, its cheaper and much more fun.

If you're dumb and light-headed, have at it.
  24. Oct 6, 2012
    I don't understand what people are complaining about, I think this game was amazing, the graphics were top quality, the storyline was interesting and kept you wanting more, then gameplay was fantastic, the controls were easy to use and great, the characters had personalities that made feel like you knew them and there was so much more you could do that you couldn't in the previous games (sprint, crawl, run from monsters etc) in my opinion it was a fantastic game and the best in the series and is a must buy. Expand
  25. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should have avoided it after watching the Clueless Gamer by Conan. I guess I like wasting money. I have no way of proving this but I think this game gave me cancer. Expand
  26. Oct 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ive played every Resi game since the start, and although scores on here are harsh I can understand why. I enjoyed Resi' 0 to 5, but what they have done is stupid. I understand they are trying to move forward with the series, but this game is not the one to do so. Problems ive had so far is enemies sponging bullets ALOT, attacks not having the desired effects and headshot not counting towards an insta kill. Also the games darkness makes it somewhat hard to focus on what your doing, combine that with the erratic camera and it is frustrating as hell. Playing with a random we each got killed by the (spoiler ahead) train in the subway, not knowing who messed up, whay we did wrong because in a similar area the game prompts you to press A+X together to dodge said train, this time there was no option, very very strange and annoying. Id save myself cash if you are still deciding. I traded Tekken Tag for this game, it was not worth it. Every minite I spent with this game my heart has been sinking, because to bluntly put it, the game is boring.

Run in straight line, pump all ammo into enimies that refuse to die, carry on to next straight corridor where yoh will yet again be swarmed by enemies. Seriously I paced my shot into thier face and it take 4 headshots or about 12 body shots to kill a simple enemy. What also sucks is the dialog, way to cheesey and couldnt find the energy to care about the characters or what was even going on. I also counted over 10 QTE's within the first 5 minites of play, I just felt bored from the start as there was no effort required. Dont even get me started on ths soldier that jumps from the chopper shoooting, whilst the highway infront of him was exploding? Where is the sense in that?Action for the sake of actio. All in all, if your looking for any remaining part of Resi.... You wont find it here. Think is the name of the game when tagged onto gameplay like this doesnt make sense, the enemies are bothersome more than anything else.

Buy this game at your own risk, just know that there is nothing in the game that hasnt been done better before and all we're left with is 3 mishmash campaigns that try to appeal to everyone but in the end impress no one. Resi is dead, I have lost hope, this is a sad moment for the franchise
  27. Oct 6, 2012
    I really don't understand all the negativity going on with this game. Every new RE game people come saying how "this game is not Resident evil anymore"... Well, I got in touch with the series in RE4 and since then I've loved the games and they ARE the Resident evil games i.m.o. RE6 is not the terrible game the critics have been saying, I miss sometimes the atmosphere o RE4, but the game looks gorgeous (except for minor moments when you aim to shoot and the camera gets close to you character, he/she gets blurry)... But the environments are beautiful, the story is good, the characters we've been missing are back and YES, there are a few terror moments. It is a great and big game, totally worthy your money and time waiting.

Plus: Finally the melee attack is something you can actually use and a lot!
  28. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 - отличная игра! Она стоит своих денег! Да, это уже не та игра, что была раньше. Просто она эволюционирует, развивается и не стоит на месте. И Это правильно! Expand
  29. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I
    played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  30. Oct 5, 2012
    Like the movies, Capcom decided that money is more important than fan satisfaction. They strayed out of the original story line, puzzle solving, horror and ammo/herb management. All that is what made the old RE game unique, a gem at it's own right. RE4 was alright but you can tell this is where it all stated to go down. I played the new RE6 game yesterday, sorry to say but it was awful. It didn't feel like i'm playing an RE game. It felt like I was playing Gears of war, Need for speed, and Tom Clancy's Hawx. A horrible version of those games too ( if you played Chris's story line you'll know what I mean ). Resident evil became a C grade game if not worse, just because the graphics is good it doesn't mean that the game is good too. The gameplay was bad, the story line was poorly written and not a lot of thought was put into it. It felt like they were in a hurry to get it done. Expand
  31. Oct 5, 2012
    I hate Resident Evil 6 it plays just like Dead Space 2 and Gears of War 3. Halo and Call of Duty and Gears ruin games forever and EA made video company more greedier it just blows my mind
  32. Oct 5, 2012
    Fantastic Game. It is a clear example of natural evolution. You have to remember that originally the outbreaks were localized in small villages and hidden mansions. The virus outbreak was ALWAYS going to go global. This is why the setting makes complete sense to me. I really feel that the world is ending and it fits right in with Umbrellas plans and attitude. Also the game seems harder to me and that is just amazing. Its not necessarily about "the harder the better". Its about finding a balance between a sense of realism and player experience and RE6 does it wonderfully. You get the sense that it is all coming down around you but without the frustration that can come with overwhelming enemies. Game-play Mechanics: Firstly: Shoulder Swap. I cannot understand the logic of developers who don't allow shoulder swap. Any 3rd person shooter that doesn't allow shoulder swap is lazy, short sighted and if you can't even do a small thing like shoulder swap how can I expect you to create a decent game-play experience? Raccoon City, Uncharted 2-3, Dead Space 1-2, Spec OPs the list goes on. WE ARE NOT ALL F**KING RIGHT HANDED YOU LAZY F**KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Resident Evil for evolving and including permanent Shoulder Swap. Furthermore RE6 allows left-handlers to switch analog sticks. Think of it like key-binding but for consoles. In fact RE6 allows you multiple options to cater for your game-play styles. RE6 winning. Secondly: Quick shot .

This simple mechanic allows dynamic game-play moments allowing you to react faster without having to aim with the Right Stick. It resolves claustrophobia issues that arise when you are in close combat areas or when you become overwhelmed by zombies and also allows you to link together gun-play and close quarters combat against enemies. Again. RE6 Winning. HUD and the Unique. While the HUD isn't groundbreaking it does tell me somethings. That the developers put some thought into each character and their campaigns. Now a lazy company would have reused the same HUD for each character and instead of creating 4 separate campaigns they wold have had one campaign and then given you the option to play the same campaign but with different character models. RE6 doesn't do this which is why it is amazing. They actually give you 4 separate campaigns and even though they do overlap they are unique enough to say that each is its own. Its a measure of how much thought went into the game. They used their heads. They evolved. It is attention to detail. And a logically evolution of the storyline. Also, the HUD is wonderfully simple and easy to navigate. And gives you all the options in-game as opposed to games that don't include their options in-game. Players always want to change things on the fly not exit out to the F**KING menu just to change camera speed. Once again RE6 wins. Simply allowing you to switch shoulder was enough for me to love this game. It told me that the simply things mattered to the developers and that they were willing to allow gamers to play the game they way they wanted instead of the rigid dictatorships of games like dead-space and uncharted with their "only right-shoulder" mentality. My only gripes is that you can't toggle the torch and that it isn't powerful enough. And that you can't purchase skills in-game. Oh and no Sheva. I haven't finished the game completely yet so maybe she will turn up but I liked her tbh so here's hoping. All in all this game isn't much different from RE4 or RE5. RE4 had plenty of shooting action as did RE5. I think the thing that people don't like is the idea that the setting is no longer constrained to a simple village or mansion. But things have to evolve. RE6 has in many ways but they are such small simple things that most people wouldn't even realize it. RE6 10/10

I will admit that maybe the game isn't as scary but I doubt most people would be able to tell. When the original came out back in the day we weren't used to it. Now we have so many games trying to scare that I'm so desensitized I doubt I will have those experiences ever again. In no way is it RE fault that I grew up.
  33. Oct 5, 2012
    Earlier I had given the game a 3. Now that I have had a chance to actually sit down and play it I had to correct my review because I was going off the demo and watching playthroughs. Here are my final thoughts on the game.

The story is where 6 shines. It really has some interesting characters and Leon's new partner I think is the best in the game. Some of the dialogue is pretty bad at
    parts but it really doesn't distract so long as your a hardcore fan of the series. Monster design is amazing as well as some of the set pieces such as being on the Jet airliner and cemetery. The game setups are also great allowing you to customize how to play the game with others or by yourself. Plenty of options are also a step in the right direction. Sound design is terrific as well. The music though could have pulled more ambiance from earlier games.

The negative side though is the graphics engine. Its full of pop in on occasion and glitches. It really does distract as well as the textures appearing muddy and low res. Come on Capcom this is 2012. At least put some of that cash into HD cut scenes. Level design is absolutely terrible. While some set pieces really stand out, most areas are just run throughs...one area, the china market, just looks horrible. I agree with what another reviewer said on here..Capcom did a few good things but also a few bad things and really need a break to rethink the whole series. I personally think they need to get in another team, maybe the Dragon's Dogma team and pull off something much more professional because this game seems like it was made by first timers. Not the way to handle a huge series like Resident Evil. I give the game a solid 8 for the story, monsters, voice acting, cutscenes, and some of the set pieces. Its worth playing if your a hardcore fan but casual gamers looking for a scare fix would be better off playing Dead Space 1 and 2.
  34. Oct 5, 2012
    Overall, this is a very solid action game. It is NOT a survival horror game, and if that's what you're expecting, you will be sorely disappointed. If you have a dedicated co-op partner to play with, this game is a must buy. Otherwise, rent it first to see if it's for you.
  35. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After this lawlessness I will never buy a Resident Evil game.
    I wouldn't say capcom tried to copy any of other game series, they tried to copy their own ideas just adding inappropriate explosions every 3 minutes.
    I didn't noticed any kind of sane plot. It begins with simulated big bangs and it's repeated until the very end.
    "We will give them explosions. They love explosions at every second"
    Characters communicate only in monosyllables and it's quite annoying. it seems that neither I nor the characters themselves do not understand what makes them tick. They just shoot and go somewhere not quite sure why they need to. Then they meet other characters and then shoot at everything that moves .... and then explosions... and then again ...
    You can describe the plotthis way. The bad characters infected the planet guided by ridiculous motives. It's the end of the world. The good characters are trying to stop it and succeed. The end.
    Clumsy game mechanics make the gameplay to get boring by the end of of one of the four companies.

With original RE capcom changed beyond recognition survival horror genre.
    With RE 4 capcom caused the revolution in 3rd person shooter.
    With RE 6 capcom evolutionized the "commercial blockbuster" genre (as I name it).
  36. Oct 5, 2012
    Brilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines the formula of Resident Evil 4 and 5 in a much bigger more diverse adventure. The controls have been streamlined well to make the action easier to manage and consequently the game throws more enemies at the player. There are nice improvements to melee combat and the inventory is the best yet for an RE game. Graphics and audio are very impressive (special mention must go to the lighting which is awesome) and it's packed with demented creatures! If you loved Resident Evil 4 and 5 you're going to love this.

the tradition
  37. Oct 5, 2012
    If I wanted Gears of War, I'd buy Gears of War. I didn't have to wait three years and then shell out sixty dollars to play this cash-out piece of crap. I wish companies would learn that trying to turn great series into Call of Duty is a horrible idea in the end, but since it's Capcom, at this point I'm not really sure why I expected anything else.
  38. Oct 5, 2012
    First of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are played to stay competative in the youth gaming. With that said the reason I gave the game a 8 is for the addictivness it has. Yes the quick time can ne annoying at sometimes and there is a lot of cutscenes but the endless amount of zombies and team puzzles and smashing zombies heads into walls just dosnt get old. The boss fights are very big and epic and the feeling of "oh **** is there and is felt frequently. Ive played this game with a coupke people that have never played a RE and they loved the gameplay style fast pace with lots of action. The RE franchise will never be what it was but Capcom wants to broaden their market value and for the gamers of today its a great game as for the die hards its still compelling and you will still be thinking about where you left off when your at work or when listening to how your girlfriends day was ha ha. With that said pick it up, rent it. It might not be what you expected but its still a great game! Expand
  39. Oct 5, 2012
    There are a lot of haters out there. I am having a blast with this game. I'm not sure what people have against it. Maybe it's to hard or to scary for them and this is how they choose to react. The Leon campaign alone felt like the closest experience to being held up in a store being attacked by zombies that I have ever had. People who complain that there's to many enemies need to learn how to play challenging games. How about the people who say "this isn't a survival horror game", well to you I say It hasn't been a survival horror game sense RE-2 because even at Nemesis it started to turn into a action game. But that's not a bad thing Resident Evil is evolving and there's a lot of people who really love the evolution of these games.
    I'm afraid with all the haters out there who cant complete a game if there's not a save point every 2 minutes keep talking bad about the game and hurt the sales, we wont see another RE game and will be stuck playing games where we just re-spawn for the rest of our lives. Don't believe the haters out there this game rocks and is the best thing to come out this year!
  40. Oct 5, 2012
    RE6 is awesome. The animations, voice acting and graphics (especially the models) are top notch. Story telling and pacing is great. It has a couple flaws but nothing that takes your enjoyment away. Superb Co-op game. Removing some of the QTEs and adding Weapon upgrading would make this game almost perfect.

Other companies have a lot to learn about modelling and animations from Capcom. :)
  41. Oct 5, 2012
    This game not bad at all... except the aim .... but they will fix it... the game is fun... I enjoy it much.... also the mercenaries mode... don't know why people trolling the review
  42. Oct 5, 2012
    unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Expand
  43. Oct 5, 2012
    "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million Expand
  44. Oct 5, 2012
  45. Oct 5, 2012
  46. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom has for many years used its multi-platform strategy of developing titles across many game platforms to make its brands even more popular. In addition, Capcom uses the Single content multiple usage strategy to maximize the value of its content. By continuing to use these approaches, Capcom is determined to provide a diverse spectrum of game players worldwide with games that meet their highest expectations. Expand
  47. Oct 5, 2012
    There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million, the highest ever for a Capcom game. Expand
  48. Oct 5, 2012
    "Resident Evil 6" takes the series to the next step with graphics that deliver even greater realism and power. The game features dramatic stories that bring together for the first time two major characters of the series: "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment.
  49. Oct 5, 2012

"Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from zombies. One of Capcom's best-known game series, "Resident Evil" has recorded cumulative sales of more than 50 million units* since the first title was released in 1996.
    These sales figures demonstrate that "Resident Evil" is just as popular today as it was 15 years ago when the first title made its debut. Expand
  50. Oct 5, 2012
    Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation® 3" and Xbox 360® have surpassed 4.5 million.

51. Oct 5, 2012
    Under the threat of this global bioterrorist attack, our hero Ada. The world is now in turmoil as the C-virus has reached pandemic proportions and threatens to consume the world in a horrific apocalyptic scenario.
  52. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil, like all good things, has evolved as a series. To live is to change, and Resident Evil is alive and kicking because of such progress and transformation. But with all change comes controvercey, and people who would hate success and prefer stagnation suddenly come out in droves, attacking the evolution process, hoping to keep Resident Evil as the "cute baby" it once was; the loving child they remembered.

Well Sorry folks, but Resident Evil is all grown up, and shows the "zombie-world" in a way that it has never shown it before. Going down the "eclectic" route, Resident Evil depicts a zombie apocalypse, and how it would play out from different perspectives, all while not adhering to cliche archetypes. You have Leon's story, which shows how a zombie apocalypse would play in the closed in and over-populated city setting, where the condensed living spaces of everyone makes a zombie outbreak more dangerous than ever before, where the reality of the sheer number of the infected literally comes at you in droves. As Leon, the player pushes and shoves there way through crowded streets filled with the infected. Semi trucks, cars, and motorbikes are zooming all around past you in the havoc, crashing into buildings and other cars, sending them flying at you, all while causing mass destruction and blocking off entire sections of the street as you find for a way throughout the city. It is a not a far stretch to call it "hell on earth"

From Chris's campaign, it shows how a zombie apocalypse would play out from a government/military standpoint, and provides a nice change of pace from Leon's story. Yes, it is actiony, but that does not mean it's bad. People looking to compare RE6 to past resident evils will only hinder their own perspective and appreciation for this eclectic game.

Jake and Sherry's story is the more "romanticized/devil may cry aspect to the story. Jake (no spoilers) has some very super-enhanced reflexes and super-human strength (they explain it in the story), and thus can pull some really cool DMC/Matrix stunts. Yet his partner, Sherry, is nowhere near as enhanced as he is, relying more on technicality and "cool" gadgets to survive. Her Magnum "Elephant Killer", may very well possibly be able to kill an elephant in one hit. In this way, their gameplay mode is almost like two seperate stories depending on which character you play as. Sherry playing like an older Resident Evil title (similar to Leon), and Jake's playing out as if you were Wesker himself.

All of these campaigns are woven together with a very solid and versatile combat system, where you can combo between you and your partners, comically bouncing a foe back and forth between you and your partner like a volley ball, then finishing off with a decapitating roundhouse kick. You can even do what I would call "football" tactics: You and a formidable foe are facing each other down. He lunges at you. He raises his weapon, ready to attack. You press X to charge in, and smash into them like a freight truck, countering their would-be fatal attack. You can really feel the "weight" and the "impact" between each hit, or when being held down and struggling to throw a zombie off you. And then there are even counter moves. The possibilities allow your combat experience to branch out in so many different ways, and you will find yourself doing different things each playthrough (try playing on professional; you will find yourself being more resourceful with each death).

There are some scares, intentional and some not. But this isn't Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3. You're not helpless. It is frightening, but just like a real human, you will use everything around you you can to finish off the foe (not just stand there and shoot at the zombie with clunky controls). You will find Leon's story reliving a lot of past Resident Evil moments (such as the hoard of zombies breaking down a cage, and you having to find a way to escape before you are overwhelmed, puzzles in grandeur structures, mixed in with some of his greater RE4 moments), but none of them will ever feel too rehashed or forced.

Overall, this game is amazing, yet people cannot accept it as Resident Evil 6, and simply want to compare. If you want to have a good time, and continue on with the awesome and thrilling world of Resident Evil, then the 6th installment is a must. If you want to live in the past and limit yourself...then...well, you're missing out!
  53. Oct 4, 2012
    ok so i rented the game before buying after seeing gamespot review. i have to agree with gamestops review it was a horrible game. if it wasn't a cut scene it was a qte. now im not one of those RE fans that are stuck in the ps1 era, but they really just jumped the shark on this one. they tried to copy other games and they did it bad. I refuse to give capcom any of my money with this abomination they call a game. its not just a bad RE game its a bad game in general. makes operation Raccoon City look like RE4. Expand
  54. Oct 4, 2012
    Brilliant game!!!!
    The story was awesome and I'm looking forward to the next game.
    This game was WAAAAY better than Resident Evil 5
    So much smoother controller than before.
  55. Oct 4, 2012
    I love it when a game comes out and polarizes to such a degree. It makes for some lively debate. I can't shake the feeling however that if this game was not part of the Resident Evil series proper, or not related to it at all, then people might be a little more forgiving. Same thing happened with the underrated Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier in the year. In both cases many seem to be caught up in the past and focus on what the game "should" have been rather than what it is, which, in the case of RE6, is a more traditional action horror experience. The combat is a vast improvement over RE4 and RE5. As are the less tank-y controls. The inventory is also less of a drag. The story, while nowhere near as memorable and iconic as 4, is serviceable at best and unintentionally hilarious at worst. I also really enjoy the co-op experience in the story mode. Sure, that takes away from the horror elements but this isn't really that kind of game. To be fair the game is very inconsistent and lacking in a clear vision but after the mess that was RE5 (why do more players/critics give that one a pass?) I'll take the varied atmosphere of 6 any day. I think at this point Capcom just needs to take a look at people's reactions and branch the series into two, allowing the main series to return to "it's roots" (survival horror) while perhaps creating a spin-off series of Resident Evil games that act as the logical evolution of the more combat oriented approach began by the trailblazing Resident Evil 4. You know what, I'd gladly play both. Expand
  56. Oct 4, 2012
    A game is not cinematical cutscenes less whe the gameplay is as terrible as it is.
    The only to blame is capcom and their need to overhurried one the most selling franchises but whe they care more about the money a less to get things right, and this is the result. Just don't felt for every children dumb comment who have the chance of playing it. Is as bad as to get most ppl angry with them.
  57. Oct 4, 2012
    As with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and in the process has become one of the worst jumbled messes in recent history. The story is not even worth following anymore, the tidal wave of cliche "action" and "explosions" is almost sickening. The controls at times, feel like they are actually an enemy that was not disclosed in the manual and are purposely trying to get you killed. Perhaps they infected with the "C-Virus" as well? The C-Virus? Really? Is this the future of this series? To continue on until they run out of letters in the alphabet? Resident Evil 6 sheds everything that brought it to the stage of success it is at now in favor of mass appeal. It's simply the truth. I'm sure there are people who will try to defend it against this claim, but at the core, I'm sure everyone knows this to be true. This is not "evolution". Capcom is obviously not looking to improve the gameplay. They are simply looking to sell this to as broad an audience as possible. Looking at most of the financially successful franchises in circulation today, Capcom took a page from each of them and tried to jam them all into one box. It doesn't work well.

RE 6's stage is on a simply ridiculous scale. Each character escapes death by mere inches an unforgivable amount of times for the sake of "trying" to get the player excited, which in my case, failed to do so miserably. I am at a loss at how putting in completely ridiculous events and story telling is supposed to be entertaining these days. It's not like these effects and set pieces are new or anything where the player will gasp in anticipation. They're tired and lost their effect years ago.

Lastly, RE 6 is about as linear as it goes. It really is the tired cycle of running 20 feet, watch a cutscene, press a couple QTE buttons, shoot an enemy or two, rinse and repeat. I wanted to like this game, and it's very sad that I have to watch one of my favorite series in gaming go down in flames, but RE 6 is the nail in the coffin for me. It's over. Thankfully, I still have all the ones before it, and Capcom can't take that away from me.

Having read the director's response to the negative feedback from fans, it's rather sad that his only defense is to claim that he can't do what the fans want. Really? That's a great stance to have towards the people that even made this series viable to create today.

Avoid RE 6. If you have any inclination to buy this, simply watch a youtube playthrough of it. It will be cheaper and far less aggravating on you. Put your money in any other action game on the market which is likely to be better than this broken mess.
  58. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES.

As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade.

Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you?

Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game.

Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996.

This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends.

I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you.
  59. Oct 4, 2012
    This game is Operation Raccoon City all over again. I have the feeling both games were generally "completed" around the same time but simply not released around the same time to avoid confusion and/or competition. I even feel like they re-cycled some of the same ideas and even animations (e.g. losing your footing, being knocked down and unable to get back up.) You have to constantly fight for ammo in a game where you're in a firefight. I understand the idea of conservation leading to tension, but this just gets frustrating. the devs ignored ORC's greatest idea: ammo boxes. You just click on it and refill and go. Instead I'm constantly chasing and smashing crates to unveil ammo (if you're lucky) running around hopeless. Like ORC, the camera and camera angles are awful. The game teases you with control then snatches it from your grasp during the heat of battle, only to result in your random, untimely death. The cut scenes and quick time evens are numerous and hurt the pace of the game. To constantly die because out of no where a QTE occurs, then having to replay the area is tedious. Beyond that, the death scenes are drawn out and can't even be skipped. Oh yeah, and you can't pause the game - ever. The skills are an interesting idea executed poorly. It takes forever to switch them up and should be hot keyed so you can change them up on the fly.
    The only worthwhile thing to play for, unlimited ammo, can only be unlocked by accumulating enough skill points AND completing all four campaigns. That's right - 4. You have to beat the single player Ada campaign as well. It's excruciatingly painful and mostly not worth it.
    Although the story intersections and agent hunt are interesting ideas, they are executed poorly and unrefined. The worst part about the story intersections are that it's a rehashed boss fight. Fun the first time around, it's rarely worth waiting the extra minute for.
    As for agent hunt - it seems like it's only designed for certain areas, meaning you'll replay the same maps over and over again. Some of the monsters are cool, but most are weak and execute attacks slowly & poorly. They should have instead allowed you to just join someones game - following them on their journey and making it more difficult, chapter by chapter. Instead you have to find a new game once that area is complete. Speaking of screens there are a million of them in this game. At least 10 before you even start playing. More tediousness as you have to constantly go back a screen because you were unable to connect to a game.
    Most people would say this game is for the mercenaries now anyway - and sadly they are right. Available from the outset, I feel like they expected people to jump into mercenaries FIRST racking up skill points to purchase skills for campaign. That's a fail and also a cop out. What made the early games great was earning the achievements, by either beating the game in under so many hours, etc. Besides that the mercenaries is weak and can't save this pile of stink. You get very few maps, unless you get the sacred ones from your pre-order. The first map is even very small and confined. The unlockable characters are unimaginative, and the costumes suck (I'm not a fan of costumes anyway. I think it's a cheap unlockable.)
    To release this game in such a state is a slap in the face as a consumer, gamer and a fan. It's unfinished to me like RE:ORC was unfinished. It had so much potential, only to be wasted. This one's a hard dog to keep under the porch. Buyer beware.
    Un-effin'-believable.
  60. Oct 4, 2012
    Similar to RE5, but worse. RE5: Epic Movie edition, with nothing but cliches, over-the-top in-your-face mindless action sequences with far too many quicktime events. No more struggling to find enough ammo, no scares or true horror additions in the story. Just a lazy addition to what was once a great series.
  61. Oct 4, 2012
    A poor mans CoD with ideas stolen from Uncharted and Gears of Boredom, that is what Resident Evil has become. Survival horror that challenges the player at every step? Nope, almost non stop brainless shooting continuously broken up by loading screens, QTE, and video sequences. So many quick time events! And each QTE rips you right out of the game world. It's like trying to have sex with your girlfriend while the phone rings every minute or so. Not that the gameplay is any good. Broken mechanics, clumsy controls, and a horrible camera add to the whole mess. It's like a car manufacturer tried to build an airplane without knowing anything about building airplanes. The result somewhat works ...well mostly, yet it doesn't feel right. They would have done better sticking to what they know, namely making survival horror games. It's like going into a sushi restaurant and all they offer is cheeseburgers with the explanation that cheeseburger sell better than sushi so now they only make cheeseburger. And very poor cheeseburger at that. Expand
  62. Oct 4, 2012
    Stupid camera, laggy controls. Annoying gameplay. Sometimes FPS has drop to uncomfortable low. I have no idea what developers tried to create, but they failed. Not recommended to buy at all.
  63. Oct 4, 2012
    I am actually really impressed with this game. It definitely feels like a Resident Evil game. Yes, you can move (slightly) while you aim, but it still the methodical gameplay of previous games in the series. The action is intense, smooth, and there's some great creep out moments. The combat is familiar but fresh- with necessary variation in weapon tactics for different enemies, you're utilizing your arsenal seamlessly (I'm actually using grenades). The inventory system works much better than previous games- you can combine and equip your herbs quickly. So far, I've found that each level mixes up the formula up a bit, and there's some interesting and tricky puzzle elements throughout (that actually remind me of some of the puzzles in RE4). Co-op is fun and well implemented- but the intro to the game was confusing! I wanted my buddy to jump in, but you've got to play through the intro tutorial before someone else can join in. That has been my only quam with the game so far.

The deplorably negative reviews here are misleading, and I think time will tell that a lot of people really like this game.
  64. Oct 4, 2012
    It's just an insane rollercoaster ride.
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed.
    ASTA LUEGO CAPCOM!
  65. Oct 4, 2012
    A mi me parecio un excelente Juego, en game-play historia, duracion del juego, en general yo le daría al juego un 8.9 de calificación, lo malo es que existe mucho Fanboy-ismo negativo en contra de este juego, en verdad no merece la calificación que tiene aqui en Metacritic, en verdad si lo adquieren van a pasar muchisimas horas de buena diversion, (30 horas aprox en campaña). Expand
  66. Oct 4, 2012
    This is a good title, I don't care about the low scores people with Nostalgia syndrome give it, but it's definitely a better game than RE5. It's having fun that matters.
  67. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  68. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  69. Oct 4, 2012
    Really the RE series ended in 3. Unfortunate. For me just in the RE code Veronica, The rest is just garbage. Dou nota 2 pelo grafico e som.
  70. Oct 4, 2012
    the game can have a chance but they ruined it. If revelations worked out why did res6 suffer there are many problems to the game Negatives. split campaign for each character. too much quicktime events random pacing story that goes in a circle boring final boss . lame meet up for leon & chris . hit detection . chris & leon felt dull and one dimensional NO Jill & claire positive.
    leon's campaign was ok rest were garbage
    cpu partner never dies

so avoid the rest of game when your done with leon's campaign
  71. Oct 4, 2012
    They should rename this game Resident of Duty 6: Modern Zombies. This is by far the worst game in the serie. Capcom has divided the plot into 3 campaigns which is just stupid, they didn't want to put any effort into making one good story so they made 3 short and weak stories. The campaigns are boring and just run-and-gun, no tension at all. Also, the new character, Jake Muller, is one of the weakest characters ever been introduced to the Resident Evil serie. It's like Capcom wouldn't let go of Wesker so they made him up. Capcom has lost their touch and I will no longer buy another game from them. Expand
  72. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  73. Oct 4, 2012
    A solid 6... and that just for leon campaign
    The rest is pure garbage

If capcom did a big campaign based on leon campaign then resident evil 6 could have been much more
  74. Oct 4, 2012
    That taste is the most god awful thing you tasted in your life. That touch has been replaced by a Gears of War with Micheal Bay acting as a director who mixed the explosions with zombies and timed events at every turn that was put in a blender and forced into your face.
  75. Oct 3, 2012
    Call of Evil 6 ou Gears of Evil 6?Esse Resident Evil 6 é só mais um jogo de ação entre tantos que já foram lançados esse ano.R.I.P Resident Evil.Por causa dessa geração,e a ganancia da Capcom,que Resident Evil virou uma merda.
  76. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people that actually tried the game have actually liked it very much, aside from reviewers and OLD fans. I just don't see anything wrong with it. All the people I know that have played it also love it. People who are on the face or afraid to get the game due to the negative reception should just get the game and try it out for themselves, since all the negative reviews seem extremely bias and against any form of innovation in the series. The scare factor, that many claim is gone, is still very much there in the game. In one campaign alone, there are a lot of things popping out of nowhere to attack you without warning. Expand
  77. Oct 3, 2012
    What the hell capcom!first you **** up mega man and then Resident Evil? The plot is weird, its not scary, the gameplay is stable and the difficulty is annoying! Im sorry but i give up,resident evil is dead,period.
  78. Oct 3, 2012
    i love this game so much & fact is that i am happy with this game but i only played leon Campaign as far i like it but everyone giving out bad review i find this resident evil 6 better then 5 one that was crap this way better
  79. Oct 3, 2012
    I liked the game---I have played all of the Res Evil games and I have liked them all. I like having all the variety Capcom has offered over th years. I had a blast with 4 and 5 and I am having a blast with 6 too! Its a huge game and cant wait to see how 4 story lines tie together. Serious Res Evil fans shouldnt have any problems enjoying this title. If a person want to hate, hate on ORC!!
  80. Oct 3, 2012
    Shame on you CAPCOM!! This game is the poster child for the phrase "sell out" at its very ugliest. It's almost insulting that they happily stripped bare the last of what made Resident Evil great in favor of going 100% mindless action. Yes this game is causing an infamous sh*tstorm and rightfully so because it's an abomination to Resident Evil series, it's embarrassing AND shameless. The gameplay is a mess, the camera is terrible, the objectives are redundant, the combat/gameplay in general is unbelievably bland and joyless and lacks any tension or atmosphere. The return of zombies that the developers keep boasting is haphazard at best - these "zombies" are not at all the way we remember - they're clumsy, die easy and they're just not scary at all. It's almost as if they were making an entirely different game and thought "hey, this game we're making isn't turning out so well - let's put some zombies in it and call it Resident Evil 6!" It makes me sick that Capcom would blatantly sell out the series and it's fans like this, and Hiroyuki Kobayashi said it himself that ditching R.E's iconic dark gameplay and survival horror roots was all about $$$$ diamonds & ferrari's and so forth. Excuse me while I'm sick... Expand
  81. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  82. Oct 3, 2012
    An honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a bad thing. Can't keep doing the same thing over and over with slight revisions. I think the type of game that 1 and 4 were are great games and definitely the best in the series but 6 is an awesome game and if you are a true fan of Resident Evil, this will not disappoint. I simply do not see how it could unless we just have the occasional or bandwagon fans jumping on here hoping for a another game like 4 and giving this game a $heet score because it didn't live up to what they consider resident evil should be. I give this game a solid 8.5 but going 10 to try and counteract all the negative reviews. You people are lame. No way any game besides the worst videogame ever made deserves anything as low as a 0. Even a 4 or a 5 would be completely ridiculous. You eff up the whole point of metacritic. Expand
  83. Oct 3, 2012
    Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore. Sadlly, this is going same way hollywood alike movies are going, a merely summer blockbuster (thats what they think, cause for me is just a B- movie) that entertain only 12 y/o teenagers. Expand
  84. Oct 3, 2012
    Alright so it's not a survival horror game anymore, I wish it was but it isn't so let's get over that and review this game objectively. I'm not going to give the game a 0 like the retards here just because it's not horror. That's like saying apples are **** because they aren't oranges.

As an action game it is pretty fun and offers quite a lengthy campaign which is a plus in my book.

Graphically the work here is top notch, the animations, the shaders all the modeling and lightning techniques I can appreciate the effort put into this department.
    The story goes beyond full retard. That is the game's lowest point in my opinion, followed by the use of generic music.
    But other than that it's a pretty solid action title.
  85. Oct 3, 2012
    I didn't even play the game (definitely going to though) but I give this a 10 because of all the unfair negativity this game receives. Bunch of damn sheep. Surely it can't be that bad?
  86. Oct 3, 2012
    You walk with the arrows and you shoot. No thinking, no ammo economy, no weapon upgrades, no puzzles. No Resident. Capcom failed. I hope RE7 is going back to RE4 gameplay.
  87. Oct 3, 2012
    I don't like this game, so it's worth 0, cuz you know, games are like are always 10. Derpederp, this game is **** I really don't like changes made to gameplay, but if they didn't change anything I would've given it a 0 still. I'm like every elitist qqer out there! GEARS OF EVULLLL FTW!
  88. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting
    you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  89. Oct 3, 2012
    I'm a RE-fan and don't mind the action packed RE5, I really like it. But this **** is horrible!! And I even played has Leon. The graphics where bad, I couldn't see anything, bad texture.
  90. dpc
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lockie is correct. You can't get an honest user review of a game on Metacritic. Or anywhere else either. Check out Amazon or Best Buy to see the stupidity. By letting 5th graders review -- and, much worse, adult morons with a 5th grade intelligence -- ruins a genuine search as these children just bash a brand or troll to get their juvenile opinions out. Look at the reviews by AzzaMat or especially GamerSuper...how is ridiculing Sony a review of a multiplatform game? So just how is the game? I actually liked 4 and 5 better, but the graphics are very good in 6. Certainly not a 0 rated game. Should you buy? Unfortunately, you won't find help here... Expand
  91. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  92. Oct 3, 2012
    While I did have fun playing this game in co-op, it often felt like a capcom just took every single idea the development team had and stuck them in regardless of what they were. The result is a messy, uncertain, oddly paced action adventure shooter that doesn't quite give players any time to breathe. I love mercenaries mode though, and I liked the story. Agent hunt can burn in hell.
  93. Oct 3, 2012
    As a long term RE fan, This game shocked and appalled every sense my body has. Even ones I didn't know I had. This game is not scary. The control system is really bad. This gives the feel that capcom wanted the CoD audience. It really pales in comparison with RE4, And somehow makes 5 a good game.
    Yep, that's how much they screwed this game up.
    This game is terrible. Don't buy it.
  94. Oct 3, 2012
    This is very disappointing. I don't know why capcom tried to become more action oriented when games like call of duty and others to which capcom is trying to appeal to are being criticized by gamers as repetitive and boring. That's exactly what resident evil 6 is in spades. It wouldn't be much of a problem if the earlier games weren't successful because of their survival horror aspect but that's exactly what made the series what it is. The gameplay is boring and ridiculous to the point that my incessant roundhouse kicks do more damage than my firearms (because roundhouse kicking 23 times in a row doesn't make anyone tired either right?). Now for this gem of a quote: "Now, we do always have our ear to the ground and listen to what the fans are saying and we try to take that into account when we Expand
  95. Oct 3, 2012
    Totally disgusting. Shallow and unimaginitive gameplay, no backstory in this so called ten year gap, little to no innovation and incredibly frustrating game mechanics. Storylines are bland and dull and the whole game was BORING! Trading it in, congratulations on killing the king of survival stone dead! Forgetting the series heritage as the kind of horror, you turn the franchise into a bland action flick, reminiscent of films that shove explosions in for the fun of it and create nothing but a bad taste in your mouth. You might as well spit on the grave of the horror games, I hope they rise from their grave and develop future games, they'll be a damn site better than what you've done. Absolutely furious. Expand
  96. Oct 3, 2012
    clearly a lot of people are not very happy with this game but i am a long time resident evil fan and i am enjoying the game so far. leon's campaign is great. the atmosphere, environments, and story so far all have me waiting to get off work so i can go home and play some more. mercenaries mode is fun also. the more action-oriented playing style really caters to those of us who love mercenaries mode. Expand
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resident evil was lost ... it's a shame such a good game, end this way ... not worth buying ... is the same as playing a mário in format shooter. Dead space is much more than the new RE games in the series. Expand
  98. Oct 3, 2012
    Biggest Trolled game in history! I'm disappointed in this game because its nothing like the originals. On that note, I've been disappointed for the last couple releases. But other than that, this game has great visuals, its a lot more fun to play than the demo was, the camera is a pain in the ass sometimes and the overall feel of the game seems more like a zombie action game than survival horror. The game on its on is pretty good, but as a series, it's dying out for me. Expand
  99. Oct 3, 2012
    The reason there is so much dislike for this game is the same reason as resident evil 5, and the is comparing them to there predecessors, it is not re5 and it sure az hell is not re4 but it is its own. Its its own game with its own design, everyone needs to get off of there pedestal nd stop playing game critic and enjoy the game for what it is a fun great game 9
  100. Oct 3, 2012
    10 from me. It's not perfect, but since people who don't like it aren't fair, I won't be either. The game is fun. The story is gripping. Get over it it, there's quick time events. Get over it, it's not pure horror anymore. Get over it, the controls aren't great... they've NEVER been great.
  101. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.