Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.4

1. Oct 20, 2012
    As a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event thatAs a long time RE fan since the very first game this game is kind of a let down. RE has always been a Survivor Horror game and now its more of a hybrid of Gears of War , Call of Duty , and Dragon's Lair with the survivior horror element just stripped right out of it. well out side of Leon's campaign which is some what of a survivor horror game but is so wrecked in Quik time event that will have you wrecking your controller on some parts that are just rediculas like ripping the hell out of your analog stick back and forth . It is the longest of the campaign's aroud 10 hours . Leon has a new Parner Helana who is voice acted well but why not just bring back Clair Redfeild instead? I much rather have had her partnered with Leon .Also had no issue with ever running low on ammo which is odd trying to be survivor horror The over all story was pretty dull and the boss although very cool looking (when transformed) any thing leading up to why i gave a crap about going after him just felt pointless. the story was just a wash and was more a Micheal Bay lets just Blow crap up every second we can for no good reason just because. Thn we come to chris who after RE5 loks like he is having serous Roid Rage issues after all the steroids he must have took to get that pumped up and is just a angry prick with no real personality it seems and his team he so cares about you are given zero info about to even feel his plight about when he goes on his Roid Raged Rampage for revenge. He has some guy named Pier who honostly who gives a crap about this Guy? They should have had Jill partner up with Chris .. maybe he wouldn't have been such a Roid Raged Prick. His campaign is all guns a blazing just shoot , shoot and shoot some more which is real funny considering unlike Leons campaign YOU ALWAYS RUN OUT OF AMMO!!! i swear you will always be out or near bone dry and when you need more all you will find are thoose damn Skill points. I found ths one to be the worst of the campaigns and really didn't enjoy it at all. Then we have Jake and Sherry Who are both actaully intresting characters its great seeing Sherry again after all theese years and jake is actaully kind of a cool new intresting Character to the RE universe . Unfortunitly not near enough time is spent giving us more info on them . I really would have liked to known more about Jake with him being the son of Wesker and all. His campaign s the shortest of the 3 and its to bad you are wasting your time killing these things called J'avo (new lame enemy) instead f zombies like in the Leon campaign. Then when you beat them all you unlock the Ada mission which she plays a very central role in all of this . all the storys intertwine with each other which is pretty cool and the game is very very long and as a Action game its not that bad outside for the GOD AWFUL QTE I mean serously why in the hell is QTE still in games? and now capcom is just abusing the hell out of it in RE6. i mean when have you ever Heard any one say " and i loved all that QTE it was so much fun". The game is jammed packed with stuff and there is Co-op play but here is ultimtly the BIGGEST problem . i went out to buy a Resident Evil Game and what i got doesnt feel like a Resident Evil game .I regret buying this game and wish i waited till it was cheaper . As a Action game its ok as a Resident Evil game it sucks. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Are these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is reallyAre these reviews or gripes about it not being "survival horror"?? You are trying to "survive" and there are zombies everywhere... The game's controls are not broken or anything. I spent most of the game with very low health. I didn't even die playing through RE0. There are enough monsters to keep it overwhelming but one thing I don't like is that they give you so much ammo... It is really easy to conserve if you are used to games like this.(Even the other RE games)... The melee attacks are fun and remind me of Uncharted... And I don't think it matters if they want to keep going with this cinematic action style because the game does slow down with some puzzles(just like the other games)... There are no Zelda reviews complaining about the game not being an overhead view... RE6 is still good... When they want to break the controls like some of those 3D Sonic games is when I am going to stop playing.. Expand
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    RE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platformingRE6 manages to pull off four campaigns, while effectively intertwining them. Leon's campaign is classic Resi survival horror, and a far cry from RE5's sunny locales. I found this to be the most enjoyable of the four. Chris makes a return, shooting up zombied-up gunmen and huge monsters, similar to RE5, whereas Jake's chapters are more of a mix between the latter two, with some platforming thrown in.

6 perhaps doesn't reach the highs of Resident Evil 4, but it more than makes up for it with an epic of a story and a huge world.
  4. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  5. Oct 2, 2012
    Lol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOWLol, of course those zero's and tens given do nt make any sence. I know RE since the first one and I also dont like the direction it is going but this game is not bad. It's not very good too....but the production vlaues are amazing, Capcom really tried to deliver. Four complete campaigns...the length of this game is just amazing. Three Gears of wars fit into this game. And that GOW comparison is what I dont like. It looks a bit like GOW and it shouldn't. Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, threeResident Evil 6 is, ultimately, an entertaining action shooter. Leon and Ada have excellent campaigns, and the controls are more fluid than previous entries, but there are some flaws: the camera and cover scheme can be wonky, and Chris's campaign, despite some breathtaking moments, is weak. It's more than made up for by the engaging multiplayer, Mercenaries mode, and, of course, three other campaigns which each run slightly longer than the entirety of RE5.

Overall, RE6 is a worthwhile purchase for fans of shooters, as well as fans of the series who have matured enough to not whine whenever a game isn't exactly like RE2. Just don't expect this game to be as fantastic as its predecessors.

Also, I'm laughing about the same five people who've never played the game using multiple accounts to give it a zero. Metacritic should put user reviews on a separate page, because they tend to be clogged with whiny twelve-year olds and trolls.
  7. Oct 2, 2012
    First of all, this game is gigantic, I am 10 hours in and haven´t even finished 30% of it. It has very fun gameplay and horror in it, and also, it looks amazing. So, any review that gives it an 1.0 as a score is just a cruel joke on Capcom.

I have played the three campaings and I can say this game is any HORROR MOVIE fan wet dream, on Leon history you have all your horror scares and tension, while on Chris history you have horror action nonstop, really fun gameplay that will make your blood boil.

The game is beautiful, the sounds are an inspired homage to the horror cinema and the menus and overall style are a work of art.

Most of negative reviews here are from people involved in Borderlands 2, horrified with the idea of competing with muscular Resident Evil 6 in their sad little game second week.

IF YOU LIKE HORROR, BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!
  8. Oct 2, 2012
    After this terrible experience i refuse to buy another resident evil game until it goes back to its origins. The Gameplay was awful the story was awful the controls was awful. Warning dont waste your money.
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    This is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high qualityThis is the worst game in the series. Capcom tried to make their own gearsofwar with zombies and failed. It is a stupid and boring action. They lost the main features of RE like slow horror gameplay, weapon upgrades, economy of ammo and first aid kits. Furthermore they make 3 short storylines, instead of 1 big, it is better to make one huge story like Blizzard made one high quality campaign for Terran in SC2 and put the rest sides of the conflict in addons instead of three low-medium quality campaign. Expand
  10. Oct 9, 2012
    I just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just saidI just don't understand why there are so many bad reviews of this game! WTF I have played through Leon's Campaign and most of Chris's and Jake's and played the Mercenaries Mode and I feel this game is getting a bad rap. I guess there are just a lot of picky haters here on the internet. This review is for people who are still not sure what to believe, (I was one of you before I just said F***k it and bought the game anyway.

THE GOOD: Graphics are as good as any other big budget game on the market. Especially nice character models and lighting effects. Gameplay has stiff learning curve, but once you take the time to master it, it works mostly well. I especially like the melee animations and the dodging. Length is there. You have 3, 8 hour campaigns, one bonus campaign, 3 mercenary stages, and agent hunt. Sound and Music is very good especially during Leon's campaign. Leon's campaign is a highlight. Presentation is pretty good and story is a little more interesting than RE5. Animation is top notch for the characters and the enemies.

THE BAD: Poorly scripted events that can lead to a few unfair deaths. (This would be an easy fix Capcom, just prompt a dodge instead of just killing the player.) Too many quick time events (a few are fun ever so often to mix it up, but not this many!) Agent Hunt mode while a good idea is just not handled very well. I know zombies should be hard to control but not that hard! Fix the game matching while you are at it! Not enough Mercenary levels. Sometimes camera gets wonky. Level design on Chapter 1 Chris's campaign leaves something to be desired. Too many door opening sections.

THE UGLY:

All the enemies in the game! lol

RATINGS: Graphics 9, Gameplay 8, Length 9, Sound 9, Music 10, Camera 7, Story 7, Level Design 7, Fun factor 9. I hoped this helps!
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    Far away from the Quality of RE 0-4 & Code Veronica, this is the worst game in the RE series not worth your Hard earned Money.

Please Capcom Stop it, let RE dying with Honor.
  12. Oct 3, 2012
    Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore.Capcom lost its way and the hand in Resident Evil. Now it's just about money. Before, the games were made for gamers, now they are made aimed for mass market. It's not just sad, its a wrong step the series is taking. The gore is gone, there's no more tense, horror and thrill. Ctritics and gamers are unanimous in rejecting the game. I liked the franchise in the past, now not anymore. Sadlly, this is going same way hollywood alike movies are going, a merely summer blockbuster (thats what they think, cause for me is just a B- movie) that entertain only 12 y/o teenagers. Expand
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway.
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just
    Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just goes to show that you cannot please everyone, they try to satisfy Old School RE fans with Leon's campaign and also more casual Action fans with Chris' campaign and it just falls flat...with annoying Quick time events and bad camera angles thrown into the mix... Resident Evil... is not what it used to be.
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

This game is just disgusting. I've completed Leon's campaign, and I am not going to give any spoilers, but I personally didn't like the story and it was BAD and cliche. Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good
    I bought this game despite the bad reviews and guess what... they were right.

Control is even worse than in RE5, aiming is just horrible. I hate that the game is now full of cutscenes and quicktime events. Only good thing i can get on my head is that the game has awesome lightning effects and graphics are medicore. That's why i'll give it an 1 instead of 0. I can't suggest this game to anyone.
  15. Oct 2, 2012
    By no means this is a 0 quality game. It really is an average action 3rd person game that will probably please some people. The reason It gets a 0 from me, is because it has the misleading title of a numbered RE sequel but the product i ended up playing was something like Gears of War meets CoD.
  16. Oct 2, 2012
    By far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for evenBy far the worst main RE game ever, & when u thought that capcom cant make a worst RE than 5 but no Capcom outdone themselves for once more, after all the bad criticism about removal of survival element, forced co op & over the top action ala Gears of War on RE5 & when u expect Capcom to fix everything on the next game they get everything they done on RE5 & enhance them 10 folds for even more co op even more action even more non stop shooting & completely removal of any survival, atmosphere & puzzle solving & that's the result.. my advice to all old RE fans out there? AVOID AT ALL COST! Expand
  17. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was simply awful, /v/ was right. I shouldn't play video games anymore. All the ones who have good reviews are either shills or viral marketers.
  18. Oct 2, 2012
    This has to be one of the biggest pieces of junk that i have EVER played. The story makes no sense and is just plain boring, the controls are worse than a game made in the 90's i refuse to ever buy a capcom game again. Even the dedicated should stay clear
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    The game just fails to fulfill its promises in many levels. This game is no longer a survival games. Clearly the call of duty virus is spreading around. It is just copy past from many games
  20. Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't evenI'm sure you've heard the phrase "Too many chefs in the kitchen will ruin the soup." Well that's exactly what happened to Resident Evil 6 and the game is mess filled with so many mechanics that simply don't belong together. Capcom apparently had 900 people working on this game and it shows, not only are there 3 separate campaigns that all have varying styles but these campaigns can't even stay with one core game type. First you've got Leon Kennedy who has a horror campaign. Then Chris who has a military shooter campaign, followed by Albert Wesker Jr. who has wretched action campaign. None of these campaigns work on their own. There are so many other games that do these things and do it so much better. This game is a fiasco, and if you have to play it at least wait a few months for it to hit the bargin bin. Expand
  21. Oct 2, 2012
    Just when i thought the series could not possibly get any worse, i would resell this game to get some of my money back but i refuse to let someone else waste their money on this garbage
  22. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  23. Oct 2, 2012
    Most trolled game ever... Its much different than other Resident Evil but still its cool game. Enjoyable 30h long gameplay with nice graphics and multiplayer.
  24. Oct 2, 2012
    I am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved onI am appalled that there are so many extremely negative user reviews for a game that is above average in most respects. Most are complete gibberish, and clearly from the same users with several different accounts. Seeing these review scores, I feared that I had made a mistake by preordering, and that this game would be a complete flop compared to Resident Evil 5. Instead, it improved on the previous game in almost every respect, though a few gripes from the previous game return. As such, I must point out that these "0" reviews are extremely misleading and imply that the game is unplayable or terrible, which is a far cry from the reality of the situation. Many negative reviews appear to be from opponents of the game's direction who have not played it and do not intend to, and thus are unreliable sources as to the quality of the game. Expand
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is Terrible game in the world. Horrible game play and AI. unrealistic physics engine, cheap sound effect. dont buy this. waste of money and time.
    by the way dokdo is korean territory
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    This game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is justThis game shouldn't exist and if Capcom had any respect and appreciation for gamers they would recall this awful mess, give out full refunds and start the game over from scratch. This game doesn't resemble a Resident Evil game at all. It's essentially a bad version of Gears with zombies. Capcom released a straight up B-movie quality game here and it shows from the start. This is just fundamentally a bad game through and through. Bad controls, bad dialog, bad story, bad camera, bad atmosphere.. the list goes on and on. Sure, casuals will love it and say it's amazing but we all know gamer IQ has drastically dropped this gen and most newer gamers (who this game will primarily appeal to) have been reduced to brain dead morons. Sadly, Capcom has catered to these people while throwing a large bucket of videogame feces on the rest of us.
    I think we can all agree that this series is essentially dead. RIP Resident Evil series. You were once a mighty God of the videogame industry and now you've been reduced to a flushed turd down a toilet drain.
  27. Oct 2, 2012
    This game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times whenThis game was TERRIBLE! I played through it thismorning with some friends from my dorm who bought it as soon as it released. I am soo glad that I didn't go out and buy it immediately. I would have thrown a fit that I funded this **** heap. And that is really all it is, a **** heap. There were points that when I was playing the game, I wished that I wasn't. And there were other times when there were so many cutscenes, that I wasn't actually even playing a game. They said they were going back to their roots, and then **** us with this garbage that they call a game. It sucks realizing that you waited this long for a game, and they produced this steamy pile of crap. BRING BACK SURVIVAL HORROR! Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2012
    Always fun to see the web trool army in action. This is not a bad game, it's far from perfect but a bad game it is not. Since when are RE games perfect!!!!

I've only beat Leons campaign so far so ...it's a 6.5/7 for me but I am giving it a 10 since some of the reviews are just stupid. Yes the boss battles were weak so far, QTE are too numerous and half a**d and the camera is fighting you as much as zombies, the field of view is not as good as in 5 or 4, but I still had fun playing with a buddy. Why is there no health bar on the bosses?! well so that they can build their set pieces around it which is a big fail for me as it takes the challenge and fun out of it. Some stuff was just plain bad, Statue sequence and vacu-bots-mine-thingies were really stupid too and should get some one fired at Capcom

. Leon's campaing tries to be RE4 too much and the set pieces feel forced and timing feels off on a lot of the stuff. It's easier to list all the negatives but I feel these need to be mentioned. Even with all of this it still has atmosphere, WTF moments, uber the top gore...so you can have FUN with it, if you are looking for anything more then that you should pass.
  29. Oct 2, 2012
    This isn't survival horror, it wants to be gears of war and call of duty.
    Fails on all accounts, major disappointment, horrible game, I want my money back :(
  30. Oct 2, 2012
    The Best Resident Evil I Have Played leon campaign is the best for me. Chris campaign is The Same Resident Evil 5. Jake Campaign is Magnifico Plenty Of that I liked this game.!
  31. Nov 25, 2012
    After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE)After playing the game, I believe the series has made some vast improvements in some areas, such as the better graphics and new agent hunt modes. Though the type of game is swiftly moving away from the much loved horror genre. The online mode is vastly improved and It was a good experience to survive with a partner. The only major bad sides I've experienced are Quick Time Events (QTE) which make the most exciting scenes that you would normally want to play a bit boring, as these take the bite out of the game. Overall enough good changes to make a very good game I had a blast playing online! Although I would welcome a return to it's old survival horror roots wish I've missed since 4. Expand
  32. Oct 10, 2012
    It's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be hereIt's true that this game isn't what you're used to. It's not outright bad, it certainly has good points. Leon's campaign is the closest to the "classic" RE, being pretty similar to RE4, it has you crawling through darker places. The other campaigns are more action oriented. This in itself is not a problem, however, RE controls are far from perfect compared to what it's trying to be here (shooter).

Some other minor problems I've encountered are some of the events that happen. For example, you're in melee and a cinematic triggers. A car on fire comes dashing for you and explodes. If you're standing wrong, you're dead, simply that, nothing you can do about it. Apart from that, if you're used to a shooter, you might want to set the grenade to R2, as with standard controls, R2 is a herb, and tossing a nade involves frantically searching for it with the D-pad.

The quick-time events a lot of people dislike are actually not that bothersome. The only one that's FAR too common is opening a door with your partner. This happens about every 2 minutes.

All in all, this game is not a topper. But it doesn't deserve the score it gets here, it's a decent attempt from Capcom to appeal to a larger audience. They will however have to define a direction for RE, mixing everything into one game just feels forced and doesn't work at times.
  33. Oct 11, 2012
    OK I have to say I like the game i'm a big fan of Resident Evil The stories are awesome, and shocking. The only thing that irritates me is the Grabbing problem where you lose a whole bar of health just because they put their hands on you...they don't even have to hit you they just touch you and you automatically lose health. Other than that I love the game.
  34. Jun 2, 2013
    As a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's theAs a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's the best you can think of Capcom? I enjoyed this game. It was different from the others. I think personally you're either a Chris fan or a Leon fan. Me, I'm with Leon. I thought there was gonna be an awesome fight scene between those two in the trailer, but there wasn't it was disappointing actually. It was a fun game,and I'm predicting the next Resident Evil game will be Chris'. Ada as always is annoying. Enough said Expand
  35. Dec 17, 2015
    Best campaign trowel Ada Because have stealth game play
    generally best than Resident evil 5 because have different campaign and The New version MT Framework 2 Graphically it's good
  36. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  37. Nov 11, 2012
    I personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made meI personally cant understand why this game has been getting such bad reviews i have now finished all the campaigns and I thoroughly enjoyed it sure its not perfect but it has more good things to say about it then bad. it has alot of teamwork dynamic and satisfying storyline and i also found how they brought so many main characters from past games into one story very exciting it made me even more determined to finish all the campaigns Expand
  38. Jan 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, theResident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, the action game fans and the FPS fans. I like COD but this is Resident Evil and it should be like RE4 and RE5, next generation, with action... ok, that's good but the game must have the horror too, it's not a shooter game, FPS, like the campaign of Chris. Skills, oh my god, no... they should keep the RE5 style, again. Upgrading weapons and maybe, upgrade health, things like that. Thank god the unlimited ammo is unlockable after we beat the entire game once, but we can use only 3 unlimited gun ammo per skill and that's annoying, if we want to use another unlimited gun we have to change the ability? Pfff... The extra campaign of Ada is a incredible bonus, I loved this one too, like Leon's one. Another thing, the bonus costumes, they should be available to use in the main campaigns!!! That's a CLASSIC. I really don't care if they appear in the FMV or not, the most important thing is PLAYING with them. Someone out there said "sorry, but its something with the capacity of the game disc". A PS3 Blu-Ray and a Xbox 360 DVD really don't include space to put the bonus costumes playable in the main story??? Oh come on.. tell me another story, Capcom. The controls are so much better now, I like it a lot. The graphics too. The combat system and the guns are so much better. But that's the thing. Maybe RE Revelations (that's coming to PS3, XBOX360 and PC in May 21st, 2013) is better than RE6. The Mercenaries is a incredible bonus too, but 3 scenarios? Oh my GOD! At least 6 and it would be very good... All that because of Capcom, wanting money and more money with those DLC'S. This thing of 3 different campaigns and different styles to please all the kind of public is really not a good idea. I have sure that the real fans of RE are thinking that way too. I hope CAPCOM can fix that in the next games. Expand
  39. Nov 26, 2012
    Seriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am becauseSeriously, if you suck at a game that is a reason to not like it!!!!!! I am critical when it comes to a big franchise even though I have always liked Resident Evil. Don't listen to people about this game. I have played every part of it and the things that people are complaining about are so small when you actually play it there not even noticeable. I can't tell you how mad I am because this game is great not perfect but no game is. They need to make agent hunt with many more options and think it out a little more but great concept to use for Resident Evil 7. At least rent the game. Expand
  40. Oct 4, 2012
    The fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vsThe fact that so many people are giving this a 0 out of 10 shows how irrational Resident Evil fans are. If you're giving this game a 0 out of 10, you're just flat out spoiled and whiny. This is an opinion coming from somebody whose favorite video game series is Mega Man. Someone who loves Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Marvel vs Capcom. All of it. I've been a fan of Capcom for like, 20 years ever since I was a little kid with my NES and SNES.

As somebody who is actually playing this game and giving it a real chance, there are no words. Resident Evil fans are delusional. It has NEVER been the scariest game series out there, all it ever did was help make the style popular. The Resident Evil series has working its way toward this for a decade.

Resident Evil has been gradually more and more similar to a blockbuster action movie ever since the second game. You people honestly think starting the game by crashing a car into a giant fire pit is frightening? You think the gigantic bosses, rocket launchers and explosions are the sign of a game that's trying to frighten you?

Resident Evil would have gone this way sooner if technology had allowed it. Capcom tried to make a pure action game with Dino Crisis 2. They quickly learned the PS1 wasn't capable of it and kept making traditional Resident Evil games. As soon as the PS2 came out one of the first games the company released was Devil May Cry. That game was ORIGINALLY going to be Resident Evil 4, but became its own series. After that we got Resident Evil 4 as we know it today, and it's an action game.

Fans need to stop crying and believing they're being betrayed. If you want a "true" Resident Evil experience the only one that exists is the original from 1996.

This is a solid and extremely long action game with amazing graphics, cool environments and decent 3rd person shooting gameplay. It's also one of the only decent games out there that allows 2 player split screen, and there will be a lot of people who love it for the sake of being able to play with their friends.

I'm only sad that the Resident Evil series doesn't feature any kind of puzzles anymore, but I'm also smart enough to realize that if I want that I have the older games to play. I still play the original from time to time. I know how to appreciate what I already have. I'd give this game a 7 out of 10 myself. Because I can use my brain. Thank you.
  41. Nov 25, 2012
    If you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls workIf you're looking for a game in the vein of Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3, I have some good news for you. Those games are readily available for download in the Playstation Store and Xbox Marketplace. Resident Evil 6 is the natural progression that these games have been taking since Resident Evil 4. Quite frankly, Resident Evil 6 is a FUN game. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls work well, and the story is classic Resident Evil lore. So grab a buddy and enjoy an action-packed title puts you through some absolutely crazy stunts. Bottom line, who doesn't enjoy taking on a zombie horde? Expand
  42. Nov 18, 2012
    Surely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought theSurely not one of the best games and it's not without its flaws but it's still a great game experience. Personally i hoped it would be more like the classic Resident Evil games; ammo should be scarce, better puzzles in other words more survival. Instead Resident Evil 6 is a nice co-op experience which isn't exactly what i wanted or expected (didn't research enough before i bought the game). The story is very over the top like i think they put 90% of all the action movies in this game for example; fight on trains, fight on planes, save the world.... I guess u could compare it to the resident evil movies which i thought were cool like a 14 year old but It should have been more like the classic Res Evil.
    In short; It's still a great game to play with a friend the multiplayer will keep u entertained for hours and hours.
  43. Jul 6, 2013
    Had such high hopes for this game. Love the Resident Evil series, and this game although good just did not live up to expectations. Also liked to play as different characters, but did not like the overlapping story line and seeing the sames cut scenes over again and just got confusing.
  44. Oct 13, 2012
    I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.I am a fan of this series, and I rate this game 5 because it is half of a game, I enjoy it because I am a fan, and I agree with the direction the series is taking but other fans and recent adepts will trash it. Story is awesome, action oriented is OK, characters are interesting, ideas, designs, scenarios, enemies, all is GOOD.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Then why 5? Well, this game is horribly develop! maybe that's the only terrifying thing in this game, camera is a headache, specially in crawled spaces, there is no lock system at all, while shooting I may understand but in melee, you will be doing hits to the air most of the time, because you will not see where is the enemy due to camera. Action scenes and quick time events cut down to pieces the gameplay, sometimes a few seconds apart from one another. More than realistic recoil, all character are veterans soldiers/agents/police and well, recoil must have been at least realistic and not a mess. The endless spawinig enemies spoils exploration, though in such small areas there is not much anyway. Multiplayer is has multiple connection issues and so long lifed as needed, mostly is the same as RE5 no improvements at all////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////This game remembers me Alpha Protocol, great story, great ideas and design with a really AWFUL development team, no talent at all, maybe they hired some College drop offs in Capcom. How could this happen from RE5 to RE6, I do not know, I am really sad. I never say this but this game deserve it, DO NOT BUY.
  45. Nov 10, 2012
    This is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition ofThis is immense absolutely brilliant, wondered when we were finally getting the ability to move and shoot at the same time. The new takedown moves are also a welcome change. After playing Res since the start I can't believe the negative feedback this episode of a fantastic fr. But apart from tnchise has received.!! The only issue I can honestly say is this is the worst ever rendition of the Mercenaries. What have you done, this is so easy. Ttitleshe mercs are supposed to be challenging and vicious and fast, three things I will have to fulfill in previous releases. Just as well there is great replayability potential in the main game. Expand
  46. Feb 20, 2013
    Something to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole storySomething to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole story feels bland as well as the gameplay, its just a third person call of duty there. Many people complain that this game isnt a survival horror, well I say it would be a survival horror in 1995 while todays survival horrors are known as dead space and amnesia. The one thing about Resident Evil 6 was that the gamplay was supposed to be to conserve ammo and use melee attacks and only one of these areas worked. Ammo could be found quite a lot and I never ran out of ammo when I used a gun against a huge horde of javos or zombies, I never run out of ammo. For the melee attack, both me and my dad (a huge resident evil fan) agree that it was a welcome addition, espically when you grab them by the head and smash it into the ground. Anyway looking at it all I would give Resident Evil 6 a 7.8 rounded up to an 8. Resident Evil 6 is a good game but not a survival horror to todays standards. Let's hope Resident Evil Revelaions coming 24th May will be known as a better Resident Evil experience. Expand
  47. Oct 31, 2012
    Resident Evil continues it's journey toward mainstream action adventure lands. Stop your pathetic weeping diehard Resi fans, nothing stays the same forever, and this is a very good game.
  48. Oct 6, 2012
    I'll begin saying that Survival Horror is my favourite genre, and Resident Evil 1 my favourite game of the franchise (My favourite Survival is Silent Hill 2).
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing. The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of **** But that happened cuz I
    Well, I must say that, being or not survival, I consider RE6 an amazing game.
    The story, Music, FX, Graphics and Characters are amazing.
    The first time I played the Demo, I thought it was a piece of ****
    But that happened cuz I played it thinking I was gonna find a "Old School Resident Evil".
    Old School resident Evil is dead.
    Sad, but true.
    I like people to give bad reviews to this game, cuz maybe CAPCOM will see that people wants Survival.
    But I can't say a game is bad if it isn't.
    I am one of those persons who thinks that "The Original Rsident Evil style is dead".
    And I must say RE6 is a great game.
    Yes, is not a classic RE...
    But I don't expect a classic RE.
    I expect a great game.
    And that's what I found.
    It's not a game of 10.
    It's a game of 9.
    Not a good "Classic RE", but the best "New Generation RE" and a great game.
  49. Jan 6, 2013
    Just finished the Leon campaign thought it was ok and not as bad as people were making out not as scary as the original games but a lot better than running around in the desert as in the last one they even tried a couple of the old puzzles which i love and i would like more of them over all not as good as the first couple but not the worst worth a play.
  50. Oct 4, 2012
    i have this game and i'd give it an 8.5, great graphics, control solid, its a shame people giving this such low scores, prob same people who watch reality tv or cooking shows or listen to kanye west, this game is good as uncharted 3 enjoyed it as much, yea zombies and boss battles are awesome, they are as gruetesque as a pop star the night of the grammys
  51. Oct 7, 2012
    As far as capcom goes these days with pissing of fans of their games, they use to love but now is destroyed for the money. Resident Evil 6 is their last chance.

Story: In this game you can pick up to 3 campaigns you would like to play. The main characters for the 3 are Leon, Chris, and Jake A.K.A Albert wesker's son. Leon goes back to somewhat of RE4's style of play where he shot the president and has to find the culprit behind the mess. Chris is similar to RE5 with action sequences. Jake is adventure where he will have to escape from the Tyrant Ustank while trying to make his blood become a cure to the world. There is a 4th campaign which is only avavliable once you complete Leon, Chris, and Jake's campaigns which is Ada Wong. Ada is trying to investigate on why is there another form of herself.

Gameplay: without a doubt RE6 has excellent gameplay. sprinting, quick shots, sliding, oh wait here is one everyone wanted shooting while moving yay. Performing counters on enemies at the exact which i feel that is isn't necessary for this game. For Capcom to take the countering of Uncharted 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum, and city feels that it isn't right especially on a horror game back then. Meleeing is limited unlike RE4, RE5 where if you use it too much you'll lose your stamina and won't be able to melee for awhile unless you have health tablets. Which not only does it restore your health but restores your stamina completely. Healh tablets can be used multiple times. Vehicle parts of the game feel so clunky that you won't be able to get the enemies accurately. Skill points are introduced where you can spend them to unlock specific skills to all characters in the game. Whether it be reducing damage, to dealing more damage to enemies, etc. Mercenaries appears again with getting a high score in limited time. Agent Hunt is basically WTF. You can play as the enemies to eliminate the main characters which is basically capcom just deciding to imitate L4D's versus mode and EA's Dead space 2. controlling the enemies feel so stiff that its difficult to attack the main characters. Another bad thing is as completing it either killing the main character or failing to kill them you don't get award with skill points, only count towards record for medals. shame.

Overall capcom may have prevented themselves from losing finance with this game but feels that its a good game to bring back alot of things that fans wanted but still dissapoint them at the same time. In my opinion i feel that capcom did an good NOT outstanding job on making RE6 a good game just because its not what all fans wanted to be however i understand how they feel to losing something that was good back and now is completely changed. Those fans have to move on its never going to be the same all the time.
  52. Oct 5, 2012
    First of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are playedFirst of all before I give my review about this game world. With that said I think that the game is deffinetly worth players need to understand that the Resident evil series has evolved. Yes we all loved the origionals, there will never be that kind of satisfaction of horror again. From sales in the shooting games the RE franchise has been forced to change the way their games are played to stay competative in the youth gaming. With that said the reason I gave the game a 8 is for the addictivness it has. Yes the quick time can ne annoying at sometimes and there is a lot of cutscenes but the endless amount of zombies and team puzzles and smashing zombies heads into walls just dosnt get old. The boss fights are very big and epic and the feeling of "oh **** is there and is felt frequently. Ive played this game with a coupke people that have never played a RE and they loved the gameplay style fast pace with lots of action. The RE franchise will never be what it was but Capcom wants to broaden their market value and for the gamers of today its a great game as for the die hards its still compelling and you will still be thinking about where you left off when your at work or when listening to how your girlfriends day was ha ha. With that said pick it up, rent it. It might not be what you expected but its still a great game! Expand
  53. Oct 7, 2012
    I have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originallyI have played all the resident evil games. I remember playing the original on the PS1 at midnight with the lights off. Completely creeped out, but I played them again recently and hate the slow buggy controls and the fixed scenes. It worked back then, but this tactic simply doesn't work anymore. Games must evolve as does everything. If Resident Evil was played the exact way it originally was programmed today, it would flop. A remake made the same way...same result. It's ok to look back in the day and appreciate all those awesome games. They were groundbreaking back then, but again, things must evolve. I have to disagree with the critics and their 0-6 points. This game has great graphics, sharp controls, and lots of extras (storylines, characters, modifications and all around fun) a creepy mood, it's dark and filled with monsters. I find no better joy than blowing holes through zombies with my sidearm, shotgun, rifle or whatever other item in my inventory. I won't hate on people scoring this game below a 7. we are all entitled to feel how we do about games and our experience with them. Yes, it isn't the same and no, it is really scary. Is there action? Heck yes! I have played through the first 2 scenarios and working on Jake's now. I have been impressed the whole way while playing this. I love hearing how a game is not realistic, but it's a game....what realism are you looking for? It's a game, if it looks good, the story is good, it's easy to control and it's fun, why pick something apart so much that you end up hating it? An honest review: Pro's: There's enough action and opportunity to kill zombies to keep you wanting more. The controls are crisp and easy to use. The graphics are great and the damage realism is really solid. I like the addition of other players joining your cause and making it even more fun. You can play this game for 6 hours straight and still want more. Your spouse might disown you and you might end up in the dog house, but I say it's worth it (I speak from the dog house as I type this).

Cons: it can be frustrating as sometimes it seems you are just doing the same thing over and over. Although I enjoyed some of the new monsters, I think some of the old magic was missing with the monster types. The classics such as the Tyrants, lickers, and some of the other baddies are just sorely missed. A little more creativity in the settings could have earned this a perfect 10, but what is ever perfect?
  54. Oct 6, 2012
    Is the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offerIs the game perfect? No. Is it the best Resident Evil game? Probably not. Is it entertaining? Heck yes. Many people will try to claim that it is awful and that it is a mere shadow of the games before it. The truth of the matter is, it is very different from any other Resident Evil game. What we have is an example of a game that tried to do too much. We have four campaigns, all which offer completely different gameplay styles. We have Agent Hunt mode, mercenaries, co-op (up to four players) along with the standard changes to game mechanics, graphics and story. When you throw it all together, you end up with a game that bit off more than it could chew. Agent Hunt mode is generally short and unsatisfying. The four player coop depends on almost astronomical odds to actually happen. The four campaigns offer varying degrees of success. With all that being said, I still find myself enjoying the game. It offers one of the best story lines in the series, the computer AI has been improved from Resident Evil 5, and the gunplay is still very solid. The new character customization system offers players the chance to specialize in some unique and diverse ways. If you are looking for scary, the newest iteration will probably disappoint, but Resident Evil 5 wasn't that scary either. If you are looking for another standard Resident Evil game, you may not like it. RE6 takes a lot of risks, and doesn't necessarily get back an equal amount of reward. However, it is still a strong title and it makes me very excited for the future of this series. Expand
  55. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop theResident evil 6 is not a horrible game to start off with. The game has nerve wrecking parts amd has lots of action. So **** you guys who say that its horrible because i know if you people had to review call of duty or some **** like that you haters would give it a 9.0. Getting back to the point re 6 is really awesome plus the graphic arent bad and the story line is excellent. So stop the **** on saying its bad cuz its not! Expand
  56. Oct 7, 2012
    Exelent game, much better than Residnt evil 5.
    I just dont understand the bad scores given by almost new users, 1 time reviewers, just like me.
    Anyone whith an avarage inteligence will see whats behind this
    Just one description for this game.

The survivor Horror is back.
  57. Oct 30, 2012
    the best resident evil unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of thesethe best resident evil unfortunately, metacritic is dead. I have no doubts now. Bad game, good game-never mind. I can't look at the REAL opinion and at the REAL mark because of idiots who give "0" to EVERY game. Here is some examples: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, WoW:Mists of Pandaria and so on. These games aren't perfect, but they deserve some higher mark, than ZERO. About half of these "critics" even haven't playe Expand
  58. Oct 30, 2012
    Before I get into the game I want to talk about all the people on here dismissing other people's opinion's on here just because they're a "fan-boy." To dismiss someone's opinion based on the fact that they enjoyed the other Resident Evil games is the most inane argument of all time. It would be like if someone liked the new Star Wars movies, you didn't, and they gave you logical reasoningBefore I get into the game I want to talk about all the people on here dismissing other people's opinion's on here just because they're a "fan-boy." To dismiss someone's opinion based on the fact that they enjoyed the other Resident Evil games is the most inane argument of all time. It would be like if someone liked the new Star Wars movies, you didn't, and they gave you logical reasoning as to why they liked the movies and your retort is to call them "fan-boys." That's not logical, that's derogatory name calling for absolutely no reason what so ever. Also, to anyone reading this I want to tell you to never, ever take anyone's opinion over the internet too seriously, everyone on the internet acts like they're smarter than everyone else and there's always going to be someone who hates something. Anyway... For the game itself I actually haven't gone through the entire mode but a lot of people reviewing it on here haven't either. I've done Leon and Chris's and they're both pretty fun, Chris's does get kind of dull during the last boss fight because you're out of ammo and you're waiting for that **** Piers to kill the monster, which he doesn't (if anyone gets to that level get a friend to play with you because the AI sucks). I can definitely see why people would complain about Leon's story, its decently written but there's no time to really think because things are happening so fast. It seems to be explosion after explosion, the person that reviewed it on GameInformer compared it to a Michael Bay movie and I can see why. Leon's campaign is still fun though and there's never a dull moment. Aloana, or Helena, or whatever is pretty badass throughout the game too, and she has a nice ass. Chris's story is more grounded than Leon's allowing them to build up more of a story. The problem with it though is that its leading to this giant confrontation with this person, I won't tell who because people get pissy about spoilers, but the whole game leads up to you fighting this person and.... well let's just say you don't end up fighting them at the last level which I found kind of disappointing. I can see why people are complaining about the game on here but where there's movie snobs, there's game snobs and there's going to be people who complain about this for no more of a reason than, "Capcom sucks," and, "This is a bad action game." I personally find it very fun and not that its trying to be something its not, how could it be something its not when its a brand new game with a different mindset going to it? If you play on Veteran the games pretty fun and I've been enjoying it ever since I got it. Expand
  59. Nov 7, 2012
    An improvement of 5, completly incomprehensible for me how so many people see themselves as able to bash this game. A clear recommendation for me. You get more than you pay for in this short campaign era!
  60. Dec 31, 2012
    I think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could'veI think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could've been a lot better, I honestly think 6 has exceeded everything that was expected of it. Expand
  61. Oct 5, 2012
    This game not bad at all... except the aim .... but they will fix it... the game is fun... I enjoy it much.... also the mercenaries mode... don't know why people trolling the review
  62. Oct 3, 2012
    An honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a badAn honest review!!!! I've been a true resident evil fan since day one until now. Ive played every RE game ever made and I've found some enjoyment in every one of them. That being said, this game has definitely strayed away from its roots. The Leon portion of the game made me feel the closest to RE1 since 4. But I say that straying away from a definitive survival horror game isnt a bad thing. Can't keep doing the same thing over and over with slight revisions. I think the type of game that 1 and 4 were are great games and definitely the best in the series but 6 is an awesome game and if you are a true fan of Resident Evil, this will not disappoint. I simply do not see how it could unless we just have the occasional or bandwagon fans jumping on here hoping for a another game like 4 and giving this game a $heet score because it didn't live up to what they consider resident evil should be. I give this game a solid 8.5 but going 10 to try and counteract all the negative reviews. You people are lame. No way any game besides the worst videogame ever made deserves anything as low as a 0. Even a 4 or a 5 would be completely ridiculous. You eff up the whole point of metacritic. Expand
  63. Oct 30, 2012
    Ok, this is Resident Evil 6, and it's 2012.
    So it's perfectly natural that many aspects of the game may have changed from the first Biohazard game, back in the '90s.
    Ok, this is Resident Evil 6, and it's 2012.
    I can't really understand the gameplay complains, it would be ridicolous to still have the stationary point and fire system or the first RE, the world has evolved and so the characters, now they are fully prepared to fight BOWs, in any possible way.
    Now they can aim and fire while walking, they can leap and fire from the ground, and finally the hand to hand combat is effective (and fun!).
    Play this game in co-op with a friend and eveything will turn into pure gold.
    Every campaign is totally different from the other, from good old survival horror (Leon) to a full head on TPS (Chris), this is Resident Evil for the 2012, and it works!
    If you are not happy with it, you can always play the old ones on your PSP or Vita.
    They are out there for you to grab.
    In RE6 the graphics are amazing, the sound is pulse pounding and the gameplay in fast and challenging, you will never have time to catch breath.
    Don't be haters, just enjoy this gem.
  64. Oct 30, 2012
    WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds!WARNING:THIS GAME ISNT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BITTER WITH THE FRANCHISE SINCE RESIDENT EVIL 4 & HATED RESIDENT EVIL 5! Since shinji mikami-son left resident evil series it took a wrong turn with resident evil 5 so as usual I'll start with the good! Graphics: simply put..BREATHTAKINGLY WONDERFUL! Sound:great shrieks & screams from your eniemies down to the realistic gun sounds! Controls:works perfectly unless you never played a game before..or just trolling this game which people are! Story:simply put...your getting 4 great games for the price of one? Each character's story last about 7-8hours with their own ending! Also, each character's story ties into the other characters story which is brilliant!! People say its not resident evil any more lets compare games shall we? Leon story plays like re2 & re4...remember runing through zombie filled streets of re2..buildings on fire & recked cars? thats in leon story! Remember that huge water monster in re4 that you fight in a boat? yea leon & helena fight a similar monster! remember going in the mines & riding a cart in re4 yup leon story has it only theres a naked lady trying to kill you lol..god i hate trolls! chris story is a better version of re5 with some intense fights! remember the snake from re1? Its back with a nice surprise,you even fight it while crawling though a long & narrow tunnel(sounds like survival horror to me trolls) Remember that annoyingly scary guy chasing you in re3 as if you forced him to watch as you raped his mom? well if nemesis had a baby with the hulk & injected it with super sayain DNA...& fed it steriods you have that unholy union of carnage chasing you in jakes story! (jake & sherry story is the best to me) & Ada is a clever mix of re1 & re4! She has the most Terrifying moment in the game..what the trolls failed to mention since they obviously never played the game to completion is on adas story when she has to escape the boat..she is chased by a huge sludge like monster which pretty scary when playing in the dark!!the enemies are the best in any resident evil game! zombies can leap at you from 20feet away or shed their skin & turn into blood thirsty manics,shoot an arm & it mutates it into a sheild! Shoot the legs & it mutates leg armor! 7Foot tall fat zombies? hell yea! chris has an entirely different enemy to fight! These aren't zombies..their j'avo..smart,attack in groups,flank,& use guns chris has the hardest regular enimies to fight!Gameplay: vastly upgraded..you can roll,slide,lay prone & crawl or lay & shoot & hand to hand combat..ANY MEANS NECESSARY TO SURVIVAL YOU IGNORANT TROLLS! I also like how the upgrade system has been revamped making your choices matter when you engage your enemies..you can even switch skills during the game without waiting luke in re4 & re5!Now the bad:Camera..fixed through the patch as of this review so no complaints on that! Cheap deaths! prepare yoyrself as this game kills you unfairly with some qte scences..its not the scence exactly but the lack of time allowed to succeed,you have like 2seconds to react..like when jake is chased by the tank you will die the moment the scence ends & gameplay begins or when you fight the chainsaw guy on the track wuth ada & the train comes...prepare to due at least three times! but thats about it! trolls say its not scary but complain the game is to dark...YOU POOR DELUDED TROLLS..BEING IN DARK PLACES WHILE NOT SEEING YOUR ATTACKER IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF FEAR..foolish bitter trolls! This game isnt for noobs either..the enemies are relentless & everyone who says they never ran out of ammo are 100% liars! What the trolls failed to mention is..you can turn on infinite ammo from the start but if your like me then leave it off & i promise you might reconsider turning it on as ammo is sparse especially in chris story. Mercenaries Returns which is good so you & a friend can enjoy that or you can team up in the story & even play up to 4 players in story mode! bottom line..leon story= survival horror jake story=survival horror Ada story=survival horror and chris story=action survival horror! IF YOU HATE CHANGE THEN STICK WITH CALL OF DUTY AS THAT CRAPPY 12 YEAR OLD NOOB FILLED GAME WILL NEVER CHANGE! Games must EVOLVE & RESIDENT EVIL HAS EVOLVED IN A GOOD WAY(excluding re5)It easily rivals the gamecube remake as best resident evil game so far & thats still my favorite of the series....i just dont understand gamers these days...we complain when games dont change or evolve(cod) but still buy it in droves ensuring another crappy version with LESS IMPROVEMENT OVER THE PREVIOUS VERSION but hate another game when it changes in a good way,adds more content,better story,improved gameplay mechanics& hepls move the industry forward! Trolls dont see that the video game industry is dead..soon ALL GAMES WILL BE LIKE CALL OF DUTY...A YEARLY RELEASE OF REHASHED CRAP WITH TWEAKED GAMEPLAY!!GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY TROLLS & LEAVE GROWN UP GAMES TO THE ADULTS...9/10 Expand
  65. Nov 2, 2012
    I really love how everyone hates this masterpiece, they just lower the scores to 0 to justify the fact that they don't like what Capcom made with the series. If YOU wanted the original zombies to continue, you shouldn't have rated RE4 high nor RE5. But I loved those, and this game marked the rebirth of old school zombie shooting. But what people really complain about is the new marvelousI really love how everyone hates this masterpiece, they just lower the scores to 0 to justify the fact that they don't like what Capcom made with the series. If YOU wanted the original zombies to continue, you shouldn't have rated RE4 high nor RE5. But I loved those, and this game marked the rebirth of old school zombie shooting. But what people really complain about is the new marvelous system, that is actually far superior from the previous titles, after all YOU also called the run and gun system a must have in the series... Gamers all over the world were given just what they asked, and I am fully pleased of what this game came out, and I am really happy to know that the other half of the gaming community agrees with me when I said RE6 is the best game in the series in every single aspect. Expand
  66. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often. 2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  67. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  68. 4DI
    Nov 18, 2012
    It's definitely the most ambitious title in the series. But lacks the meat and bones of all its predecessors.
  69. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, veryThis game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, very good: I enjoyed the various points of view without feeling overwhelmed by the 45 hours of play it tooked to me to platinum it. The low amount of ammo you find and carry at higher difficulty level force you to cycle among the weapons carried, offering a various approach to fight. The game isn't scary at all. It is more an action game with a strong cinematic approach, rather than a true, old styled, survival horror. I find the game higly replayable, especially thanks to the cool chapter structure, which allow you to replay almost exactly the point you like. Overall, I think it is a good product for the fan of the serie: a game which allow you to play some of the most charismatic characters of RE, and throw in some new stuff. Expand
  70. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  71. Oct 4, 2012
    Basically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's gotBasically, you gotta be a hardcore RE fan like me to love this game and accept for what it is. I've chatted with many RE fans on Youtube and Facebook about this, and they still love this game. Maybe not the best of 2012, but still very cool. It's really hard for me to hate a RE game. Besides, the most complaints I've heard is that the graphics are not as great as RE5 and it's got the same program control setup similar to Gears of War. First of all, I get about the graphics being not as clear from the last installment, but sell graphics don't make a game. Second, what's the problem with the controls similar to Gears of War? Dead Space had the same controls as RE4, Dante's Inferno & Castlevania: Lord of Shadow had same controls as God of War, and Saints Row had same controls as GTA San Andreas and NOBODY ever b*tched and complained about those. So why complain about this one? I'll admit that I hate Capcom in all my glory b/c of the way they destroyed our childhood like Marvel vs Capcom 3, never making another Megaman game, and repeatedly making upgraded versions that nobody wanted in Street Fighter 4. But I will give them credit for this game, it's definitely not as bad as many of you say it, its good in its own way. Expand
  72. Oct 5, 2012
    "Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a"Leon" and "Chris". In all, there are seven main characters and four stories, giving this title an unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Supported by extensive promotional activities worldwide, the initial shipment of this new game has reached 4.5 million Expand
  73. Oct 6, 2012
    I enjoyed this game from start to finish and I wasn't bothered by the controllers or the camera because in the camera they went all the way back to the classic by letting I see what behind u when running from something and also the QTE is what gets u in the game more focused than ever and move nd shoot was a huge installment to the series and it worked perfectly to die hard resident evilI enjoyed this game from start to finish and I wasn't bothered by the controllers or the camera because in the camera they went all the way back to the classic by letting I see what behind u when running from something and also the QTE is what gets u in the game more focused than ever and move nd shoot was a huge installment to the series and it worked perfectly to die hard resident evil fans I won't have one problem playing this great add on to the sequel but if ur just buying or just to play a game ur going to be confused ur going to get mad for the camera angle and control settings but that's y capcom stayed with there RE fans but lost many new comers because of it advanced controls but overall fo lr a RE fan from the start like me ur going to have a great time with this game :D Expand
  74. Dec 15, 2012
    Sorry I love RE and this was horrible. Bad controls bad character interactions. Playing as the bad guys sucked so hard. Seriuosly give it a miss this game is on par with REORC. Could have been great but is just horrible.
  75. Oct 3, 2012
    Damn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoyingDamn internet trolls slagging this game off, it really gets on my nerves. Capcom stated before hand that this game won't be going back to it's routes and it would be more action based. Knowing this, they still bought it and still slg it off. It's really pathetic. Overall I think this game has been excellent so far. I am about half way through Leon's campaign and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I recommend this game highly Expand
  76. Oct 3, 2012
    The game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people thatThe game is great, so far. Even though i just started, I can tell it is much better than what all the internet trolls are saying about it. The game controls fine. There are many tough encounters. There are constant points where you can barely see, due to the brightness levels of areas. The game has been getting a lot of unfounded hate, mostly from people stuck in the past. The people that actually tried the game have actually liked it very much, aside from reviewers and OLD fans. I just don't see anything wrong with it. All the people I know that have played it also love it. People who are on the face or afraid to get the game due to the negative reception should just get the game and try it out for themselves, since all the negative reviews seem extremely bias and against any form of innovation in the series. The scare factor, that many claim is gone, is still very much there in the game. In one campaign alone, there are a lot of things popping out of nowhere to attack you without warning. Expand
  77. Oct 20, 2012
    in the begining i tought that the game will be lame, but after play Leons campaign, i'm amazed, Crhis camapgn is very funny too, the purists are hating the game because is not survival horror more but the game is an awesome action game , and must be played for fans
  78. Oct 7, 2012
    I really don't understand why this game is being so hated. I play resident evil since the third, and this is by far the best one for me, it brings all of the good things of the other resident evils, with a better gameplay, a awesome story and lot of the best characters of the series.
  79. Oct 5, 2012
    unprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality thatunprecedented volume of game playing enjoyment. There are also upgraded online functions like the cooperative and crossover system as well as new types of action. Overall, "Resident Evil 6" offers a broad range of new forms of appeal. This is the first new title in the series in three and a half years. "Resident Evil 6" takes advantage of all of Capcom's capabilities to offer quality that is far ahead of other games. Expand
  80. Oct 6, 2012
    I don't understand what people are complaining about, I think this game was amazing, the graphics were top quality, the storyline was interesting and kept you wanting more, then gameplay was fantastic, the controls were easy to use and great, the characters had personalities that made feel like you knew them and there was so much more you could do that you couldn't in the previous gamesI don't understand what people are complaining about, I think this game was amazing, the graphics were top quality, the storyline was interesting and kept you wanting more, then gameplay was fantastic, the controls were easy to use and great, the characters had personalities that made feel like you knew them and there was so much more you could do that you couldn't in the previous games (sprint, crawl, run from monsters etc) in my opinion it was a fantastic game and the best in the series and is a must buy. Expand
  81. Oct 8, 2012
    This game is indispensable for fans. It has a great balance between tension and action. Fluid gameplay, good graphics, sounds exceptional, captivating storyline and lots of fun.
  82. Jan 18, 2013
    for me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chaptersfor me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chapters (mostly leon's) until i got my fave abilities up to lvl3 and ****..

for me rent the game first. imo the shooting and the movement is better than RE5 and mercs is addicting. it has a meaty campaign and tonnes of hours of gameplay (if you're into shooting up monsters and ****)

give it a chance it might surprise you.
  83. May 1, 2013
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.
    Menu instead of to be "load game" is: - press start - start game - choose campaign - choose PSN settings - finally start game. It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen. Just to start the game I MUST everytime choose that I want to play offlline (otherwise i'll not be able to PAUSE the GAME!!) Game
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.

Menu instead of to be "load game" is:

- press start
    - start game
    - choose campaign
    - choose PSN settings
    - finally start game.

It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen.

Game itself:

- pretty beautiful but it is too much. True this that you always out of ammo or recovery items. Each time you see something big you have nothing to fight. You need to try it with your bare hands almost.

- Camera is pretty stupid, i just looked back there were nobody there, turn around and again i'm atacked out of nowhere.

CAPCOM made BAD game this time
  84. Oct 5, 2012
    Resident Evil, like all good things, has evolved as a series. To live is to change, and Resident Evil is alive and kicking because of such progress and transformation. But with all change comes controvercey, and people who would hate success and prefer stagnation suddenly come out in droves, attacking the evolution process, hoping to keep Resident Evil as the "cute baby" it once was; theResident Evil, like all good things, has evolved as a series. To live is to change, and Resident Evil is alive and kicking because of such progress and transformation. But with all change comes controvercey, and people who would hate success and prefer stagnation suddenly come out in droves, attacking the evolution process, hoping to keep Resident Evil as the "cute baby" it once was; the loving child they remembered.

Well Sorry folks, but Resident Evil is all grown up, and shows the "zombie-world" in a way that it has never shown it before. Going down the "eclectic" route, Resident Evil depicts a zombie apocalypse, and how it would play out from different perspectives, all while not adhering to cliche archetypes. You have Leon's story, which shows how a zombie apocalypse would play in the closed in and over-populated city setting, where the condensed living spaces of everyone makes a zombie outbreak more dangerous than ever before, where the reality of the sheer number of the infected literally comes at you in droves. As Leon, the player pushes and shoves there way through crowded streets filled with the infected. Semi trucks, cars, and motorbikes are zooming all around past you in the havoc, crashing into buildings and other cars, sending them flying at you, all while causing mass destruction and blocking off entire sections of the street as you find for a way throughout the city. It is a not a far stretch to call it "hell on earth"

From Chris's campaign, it shows how a zombie apocalypse would play out from a government/military standpoint, and provides a nice change of pace from Leon's story. Yes, it is actiony, but that does not mean it's bad. People looking to compare RE6 to past resident evils will only hinder their own perspective and appreciation for this eclectic game.

Jake and Sherry's story is the more "romanticized/devil may cry aspect to the story. Jake (no spoilers) has some very super-enhanced reflexes and super-human strength (they explain it in the story), and thus can pull some really cool DMC/Matrix stunts. Yet his partner, Sherry, is nowhere near as enhanced as he is, relying more on technicality and "cool" gadgets to survive. Her Magnum "Elephant Killer", may very well possibly be able to kill an elephant in one hit. In this way, their gameplay mode is almost like two seperate stories depending on which character you play as. Sherry playing like an older Resident Evil title (similar to Leon), and Jake's playing out as if you were Wesker himself.

All of these campaigns are woven together with a very solid and versatile combat system, where you can combo between you and your partners, comically bouncing a foe back and forth between you and your partner like a volley ball, then finishing off with a decapitating roundhouse kick. You can even do what I would call "football" tactics: You and a formidable foe are facing each other down. He lunges at you. He raises his weapon, ready to attack. You press X to charge in, and smash into them like a freight truck, countering their would-be fatal attack. You can really feel the "weight" and the "impact" between each hit, or when being held down and struggling to throw a zombie off you. And then there are even counter moves. The possibilities allow your combat experience to branch out in so many different ways, and you will find yourself doing different things each playthrough (try playing on professional; you will find yourself being more resourceful with each death).

There are some scares, intentional and some not. But this isn't Resident Evil 1, 2, or 3. You're not helpless. It is frightening, but just like a real human, you will use everything around you you can to finish off the foe (not just stand there and shoot at the zombie with clunky controls). You will find Leon's story reliving a lot of past Resident Evil moments (such as the hoard of zombies breaking down a cage, and you having to find a way to escape before you are overwhelmed, puzzles in grandeur structures, mixed in with some of his greater RE4 moments), but none of them will ever feel too rehashed or forced.

Overall, this game is amazing, yet people cannot accept it as Resident Evil 6, and simply want to compare. If you want to have a good time, and continue on with the awesome and thrilling world of Resident Evil, then the 6th installment is a must. If you want to live in the past and limit yourself...then...well, you're missing out!
  85. Oct 4, 2012
    Production values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this gameProduction values are high for this highly anticipated sequel in the RE franchise. But does it live up to expectations? Unfortunately not.. not by a long shot. The horror is there a lot more than RE5 which is a step in the proper direction, but the core gameplay elements of what made RE such an amazing series has been completely stripped away with RE6. It doesn't help at all that this game is full of technical issues that make the game seem so inconsistent with itself. In terms of the story, it's there.. it works, and it works exceptionally well, but here's hoping Capcom will take a much needed break from the franchise and come back to it when they've seen what exactly needs to be done to please fans of the series. The game IS worth picking up for hardcore fans of the series such as myself, but to those on the fence, be warned that this may be a big disappointment for you. Expand
  86. Oct 4, 2012
    This is a good title, I don't care about the low scores people with Nostalgia syndrome give it, but it's definitely a better game than RE5. It's having fun that matters.
  87. Oct 3, 2012
    10 from me. It's not perfect, but since people who don't like it aren't fair, I won't be either. The game is fun. The story is gripping. Get over it it, there's quick time events. Get over it, it's not pure horror anymore. Get over it, the controls aren't great... they've NEVER been great.
  88. Oct 5, 2012
    Fantastic Game. It is a clear example of natural evolution. You have to remember that originally the outbreaks were localized in small villages and hidden mansions. The virus outbreak was ALWAYS going to go global. This is why the setting makes complete sense to me. I really feel that the world is ending and it fits right in with Umbrellas plans and attitude. Also the game seems harder toFantastic Game. It is a clear example of natural evolution. You have to remember that originally the outbreaks were localized in small villages and hidden mansions. The virus outbreak was ALWAYS going to go global. This is why the setting makes complete sense to me. I really feel that the world is ending and it fits right in with Umbrellas plans and attitude. Also the game seems harder to me and that is just amazing. Its not necessarily about "the harder the better". Its about finding a balance between a sense of realism and player experience and RE6 does it wonderfully. You get the sense that it is all coming down around you but without the frustration that can come with overwhelming enemies. Game-play Mechanics: Firstly: Shoulder Swap. I cannot understand the logic of developers who don't allow shoulder swap. Any 3rd person shooter that doesn't allow shoulder swap is lazy, short sighted and if you can't even do a small thing like shoulder swap how can I expect you to create a decent game-play experience? Raccoon City, Uncharted 2-3, Dead Space 1-2, Spec OPs the list goes on. WE ARE NOT ALL F**KING RIGHT HANDED YOU LAZY F**KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Resident Evil for evolving and including permanent Shoulder Swap. Furthermore RE6 allows left-handlers to switch analog sticks. Think of it like key-binding but for consoles. In fact RE6 allows you multiple options to cater for your game-play styles. RE6 winning. Secondly: Quick shot .

This simple mechanic allows dynamic game-play moments allowing you to react faster without having to aim with the Right Stick. It resolves claustrophobia issues that arise when you are in close combat areas or when you become overwhelmed by zombies and also allows you to link together gun-play and close quarters combat against enemies. Again. RE6 Winning. HUD and the Unique. While the HUD isn't groundbreaking it does tell me somethings. That the developers put some thought into each character and their campaigns. Now a lazy company would have reused the same HUD for each character and instead of creating 4 separate campaigns they wold have had one campaign and then given you the option to play the same campaign but with different character models. RE6 doesn't do this which is why it is amazing. They actually give you 4 separate campaigns and even though they do overlap they are unique enough to say that each is its own. Its a measure of how much thought went into the game. They used their heads. They evolved. It is attention to detail. And a logically evolution of the storyline. Also, the HUD is wonderfully simple and easy to navigate. And gives you all the options in-game as opposed to games that don't include their options in-game. Players always want to change things on the fly not exit out to the F**KING menu just to change camera speed. Once again RE6 wins. Simply allowing you to switch shoulder was enough for me to love this game. It told me that the simply things mattered to the developers and that they were willing to allow gamers to play the game they way they wanted instead of the rigid dictatorships of games like dead-space and uncharted with their "only right-shoulder" mentality. My only gripes is that you can't toggle the torch and that it isn't powerful enough. And that you can't purchase skills in-game. Oh and no Sheva. I haven't finished the game completely yet so maybe she will turn up but I liked her tbh so here's hoping. All in all this game isn't much different from RE4 or RE5. RE4 had plenty of shooting action as did RE5. I think the thing that people don't like is the idea that the setting is no longer constrained to a simple village or mansion. But things have to evolve. RE6 has in many ways but they are such small simple things that most people wouldn't even realize it. RE6 10/10

I will admit that maybe the game isn't as scary but I doubt most people would be able to tell. When the original came out back in the day we weren't used to it. Now we have so many games trying to scare that I'm so desensitized I doubt I will have those experiences ever again. In no way is it RE fault that I grew up.
  89. Oct 27, 2012
    I played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous drivingI played through RE6 after reading a lot of the negative comments. With the way people talked about this game I expected it to be on the same level of terrible like games such as Damnation and/or Jurassic The Hunted. For a Resident Evil - aside from Leon's campaign, it's very mediocre. As a shooter it's also mediocre. The only real problem I had with this game was the numerous driving scenes, I will go back to this later as it deserves to be talked about thoroughly. Removing the merchant completely was a stupid idea. I actually liked being able to purchase and use different weapons in RE4 & RE5 as opposed to how it's set up now where, ok you get these weapons you get in this campaign and this is what you have to use. You really have no options and not every character gets a certain kind of weapon. I think Ada and Chris didn't get a magnum or something. The little perk system Capcom added was kind of pointless in a way but it did give you something to do with the removal of the shop menu. Just not as interesting to me. There are positives you can find in this game. The story is ok. Graphics are nice and I haven't seen any frame rate drops but occasionally you will see areas that just seem way too dark even if you have the brightness settings up all the way in the game - to combat this I had to change settings on my TV. I played through the three main campaigns via cooperatively and actually had fun. I can imagine this game might be a little boring playing solo. Cover system is pointless. Not once did I find myself ever having to go into cover even playing on Professional. It was just a way to make the RE series more like games like Uncharted or Gears of War but they failed miserably. As for the driving. Well it's bad. Real bad. I wasn't expecting a Gran Turismo or Forza but holy hell. You do it so much that it warrants being mentioned. Snow mobile scene for one why was it still over the shoulder? It threw me off completely because of how stupid it looked. As to trying to make an avalanche dramatic Capcom decided to make ground rise up for some reason - I did not know this was possible. It was ridiculous, dumb and downright pointless. Chris & Piers driving scene is the worst. The turret on the gun does not even damage any other enemy cars unless you are right next to them. Trying to keep up is difficult because the driving is so bad. This should not have been included into the game. Oh and Chris magically learning how to fly a jet? Get real Capcom. Don't go into this game expecting something epic, you'll be highly disappointed. Play RE6 expecting you may be disappointed and you should be fine. Expand
  90. Oct 15, 2012
    Why do people have graded this game so bad? Each campaign has a different game play which makes it interesting but they all end up being part of the same story. I highly recommend it!
  91. Oct 14, 2012
    Let me just come out and say it straight. Resident Evil 6 is not a terrible game. Yes, it has it's flaws. Yes, it's not survival horror. Yes, it may not be what Resident Evil purists wanted. However, to say the game has no merit is folly (I'm looking at you, Destructoid).

The good: Story is decent, it comes together well after playing all four campaigns. Voice acting is phenomenal, very well done. Leon's and Ada's campaign are the most fun, and Jake's is decent. The gameplay, while different, actually works well once you get used to it. Mercenaries mode is fun. Co op is soke of the best that this generation has offered, with both online and splitscreen options.

The bad: too many QTE's. Some of them are okay, but being forced to wriggle the stick at super human speeds every time you're grabbed gets old really quick. The new health tablet system doesn't work as well as the classic system, and you are constantly scrounging for herbs. There's a difference between being conservative with your items and being outright unfair. Chris' campaign is pointless, it's a shoot-em-up fest that has no business being in a RE game. Dialogue is kind of cheesy. Agent Hunt mode is garbage, very mood-breaking and not fully-fledged out, it feels like they tacked it on last minute. Overall lack of cohesion; by trying to cater to many audiences at once, the game loses it's prime focus. It doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game (with the exception of Leon's campaign).

On a final note, though this is personal, I felt that the exclusion of some key characters was a poor choice by Capcom. We should have Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine in there instead of the not-so important Helena or the pointless Piers. Sherry was a fantastic addition however.
  92. Oct 11, 2012
    This game came out not at the right moment, people are not ready for such quick jump forwards. This game game must be fully digital, with downloadable campaings, like 4 episodes, and with number 7 in title or better without it. For 6th resident evil its just to much changes for players to take.
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    I waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy andI waited a long time for this game and sad to say it fell very short of expectations. the controls were clunky, the gamer angles could be really annoying, and there just wasn't enough scare factor for me. On a positive note, the game did make an attempt to improve on itself. I did like how the stories crossed each other and i was a big fan of the CO-OP campaign. It was just too easy and drawn out. I played it through with a friend and beat the entire game in less than 3 days. As a fan of RE series, I will always play the games, but was hoping for more. I think Capcom needs to reboot this series and give its audience more credit. I felt like I was playing a COD style game where the game was bigger than itself but didn't really portrait the intensity and fell as some of the previous games. I gave it a 6 because it wasn't a horrible game, but it is not on par with other games out there like Dead Space or even Uncharted (which is the feel they were going for, big scale) Expand
  94. Jan 17, 2013
    Oh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theresOh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theres fast paced sequences you are being chased by zombies and other creatures of course so stop it is nothing like gears or cod i find myself in most situations standing straight up and barley ever taking cover and as for moving and shooting you barley move so stop with that complaint its overused now on to the scare factor the horror aspect and im not talking playing this game with your bedroom light on like the gamespot critic did when he reviewed this game im talking no lights night outside a good sound system there are moments that are scary which nobody admits because of toughness factor in america yes it is more prevelant in leons campaign but being followed around by a large snake and your friend telling you not to move because its right behind you is pretty scary especially at night when the lights are off the story is not impressive the one flaw but it makes sense its not like there arent other games with average reapeted stories that succeed mostlly modern war games no names bottom line this game was poorly judged due to user incompetence and critics lack of wanting to be away from the crowd a good game try it for sure and make it what you want it to be Expand
  95. Feb 27, 2013
    Keep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complainKeep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complain about this? Face it, it's a good game; at least from a technical aspect. The graphics are lifelike, the gunplay is smooth and fair, the difficulty curve is spot on, the character models are well thought out as are their animations, and the multiplayer is surprisingly good. I enjoyed this game through and through, and although it's not a perfect game, it's definitely among my favorite games of 2012. For all of you 90's Capcom fans out there, just pretend you're not playing a Rezzy game and you'll enjoy it. Definitely worth $40. Expand
  96. May 25, 2013
    What the was Capcom thinking when they made this? There's absolutely nothing scary here, just action! The aiming is GOD AWFUL, the ally A.i. is stupid and never seem to stop unnecessary QTE's that are almost impossible to do right, unless you have superhuman speed, and the whole "separate campaigns" is just plain dumb. Save your money for something else! Do NOT buy RE6 at all!
  97. Oct 11, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It's a game without spirit itself, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But most are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a real Resident Evil.
  98. Oct 13, 2012
    IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION: Capcom, for you to understand. Resident Evil 6 is a video game that except for the characters has nothing to do with the first titles? Well, I do not buy it. Is it a game that usurps the identity of Resident Evil? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is not a survival horrror? I do not buy it. Is it a bad shooter with a bad control and coverages? I do notIN ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION: Capcom, for you to understand. Resident Evil 6 is a video game that except for the characters has nothing to do with the first titles? Well, I do not buy it. Is it a game that usurps the identity of Resident Evil? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is not a survival horrror? I do not buy it. Is it a bad shooter with a bad control and coverages? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is primarily intended to make money and not to please the true fans of this saga?. I DO NOT BUY IT. Is delivery no identity which tries to imitate (with bad results) to games like COD or Geow?.. I .... D O .... N O T .... B U Y .... IT ..........................................................................TRADUCCIÓN AL ESPAÑOL: Capcom, para que lo entiendas. ¿Resident Evil 6 es un videojuego que a excepción de los personajes nada tiene que ver con los primeros títulos? Pués no lo compro. ¿Es un videojuego que usurpa la identidad de Resident Evil? no lo compro. ¿Resident Evil 6 nó es un survival horrror? no lo compro. ¿Es un shooter con un pésimo control y malas coverturas? no lo compro. ¿Resident evil 6 está pensado principalmente para ganar dinero y nó para complacer a los verdaderos Fans de esta saga?. NO LO COMPRO. ¿Es una entrega carente de identidad la cual intenta imitar (con pésimo resultado) a videojuegos como COD ó GeOW?.. N O .... L O .... C O M P R O Expand
  99. Oct 16, 2012
    I played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there isI played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there is excuse. For me the criticism of 5 should have been enough for Capcom to go back to the drawing board and make a game following some old conventions and mixing new to create a proper game and not just an interactive showcase which follows more the **** films than the previous excellent games. Storyline is there, characters are there and the monsters are there but this game misses the mark for me. Expand
  100. Oct 5, 2012
    Brilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines theBrilliant game! People rating this game 0 are dead inside because anyone who genuinely loves playing video games will find something to admire in Resident Evil 6 even if it isn't to their taste. For those unhappy that this hasn't been designed like a survival horror from the 90's look elsewhere because even though Resident Evil 6 follows series tradition closely it strictly refines the formula of Resident Evil 4 and 5 in a much bigger more diverse adventure. The controls have been streamlined well to make the action easier to manage and consequently the game throws more enemies at the player. There are nice improvements to melee combat and the inventory is the best yet for an RE game. Graphics and audio are very impressive (special mention must go to the lighting which is awesome) and it's packed with demented creatures! If you loved Resident Evil 4 and 5 you're going to love this.

the tradition
  101. Oct 2, 2012
    I don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goesI don't usually post stuff on the Internet, but this exception it's because I want to never have such disappointment with a game after blindly buying it, waiting for some miracle to occur . People here write about how RE has lost its way, referring to horror, but the problem is not that (that happened in the middle of RE4 and with more originality), the problem is that the game goes nowhere (having 4 tasteless campaigns), has poor pacing, broken mechanics and an idiotic argument (even for this franchise). In short, it's a simple mess which feels more like a long chore than a game.
    To fanboys: RE will not die if this installment sinks, but it will if you try to keep it alive.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.