5.3

1. Oct 15, 2014
    im a huge RE fan and RE4 is my fav game all the time i played RE6 for more than 60 hours and i platinumed RE6 i bought it in the hope of having a real survivor horror exp in leon campaign and it was good but in overall RE6 lost it identity greedy capcom trying to please everyone reaosn why i call it greedy as a survival/horror game it deserves 4/10 and as an action game 7/10
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    OK, I just played through the Chris campaign of this game, and have to say, Resident Evil 6 is actually a very enjoyable and fun game. I can't think for the life of me why people are giving it 0-4 and scores like that. I understand that the game deviates from its survival horror roots, and that gameplay may be a little too similar to other games like CoD, but I don't think that makes RE6 a bad game at all. I am now going to play through the Leon campaign and am highly looking forward to it as I've heard pretty good things about that part of the game.

Because of bad ratings this game is actually pretty cheap to pick up, and I recommend anyone with spare cash lying around to pick this game up. Just bear in mind that parts of the game aren't like older Resident Evil games, but you'll still have fun while playing. I would go as far as saying that RE6 is one of the most underrated games I've ever played. I've certainly played games that are overrated e.g. the first Assasin's Creed. Pick this one up.
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    HELLOY HELLOY THIS IS ADEPT.
    This game worst ever, best game for maslyat. Dont play it. Sonyblyadi huynu nakoldovali.
    CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY
  4. Jun 23, 2014
    I felt compelled to sign up for metacritic so I could put my views across. It's current mixed score of 5.3 is probably fair. As a Resident Evil game, it fails on so many levels. Capcoms insistence on co-op removes any chance of there being the classic RE tension that enveloped the early games, the amount of QTE is way over the top,. When I was playing the game I thought to myself that I was playing COD:B.O.W edition and I see some similar thoughts in other reviews. Even stripping away the Resident Evil name, as a game on its own 2 legs, it still is poor due to most of the reasons I mentioned above, alongside such other reasons as splitting the story over 4 campaigns, forcing you to replay certain sections of the game in 2 different campaigns. Yes some of the 0 reviews are just people taking their hatred for the game and it's destruction of the RE legacy too far but those giving it anything above a 7 to 'balance out the score' are just as bad. A 5 is a fitting score likely Expand
  5. Jun 9, 2014
    Aún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, pero si echas un vistazo atrás y recuerdas las sensaciones que ofrecían los primeros Resident evil, es como para echarse a llorar y no parar. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2014
    Well, i am sad because the Resident evil franchise come to this, this embarasing title, the worst resident evil game ever made like operation racoon city, the franchise is coming to an end. I really miss the old days, when resident evil means "horror".
    This garbage looks like a call of duty game with zombies. ugly and repetitive as hell. This is worst than downpour, because downpour at
    least preserves some horror. But this one is incredible bad, the Leon campaign is the only one that tries to recreate the true "horror" but it fails.
    Stay away from this game and pray for Mikami, hope he have made a good job with Evil Within, but i don't know, the real survival horror is dead.
  7. May 23, 2014
    After playing through Resident Evil 6, I have some mixed feelings about it. Even though, it definitely isn't the high point in the series, and made some mistakes in design, I can't help but feel that some of the anger towards it is misplaced. However, that doesn't mean the game doesn't have it's problems.

First thing to point out is the new aiming mechanic, which uses a cross hair. The
    cross hair is absolutely terrible, and is the worst way to aim in the game, considering the laser dot in the middle moves independently of your controls. Switch to the traditional aiming mechanic, or the laser sight. It is way better.

Next is the fighting mechanics. This game changes the previous formula for melee by adding the ability to punch and kick without having to stun the enemy first. If you liked the old mechanic, you can still execute a nice melee attack on an enemy you've stunned. Although, the default amount of stamina you have feels too small at times.

The biggest change to the game is all of the extra movement you now have. Unlike past games where you were rooted to the spot while aiming, you now have the ability to move and aim simultaneously. Along with this, you're not restricted to turning with the camera like you were in 5. Now, your character and the camera move independently from each other. Also added are the abilities to slide, take cover, and dodge, and even aim while lying down. Overall, the new mechanics function, but at times, they feel a little clunky, especially since most of these movements are mapped to the same buttons. I like the new direction the game is taking with this movement, but they need to be perfected.

The story is definitely what I have the most mixed feelings about. The game is split into four campaigns, following the stories of Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, Jacob Muller and Sherry Birkin, and then Ada Wong. I actually liked this whole concept of playing four different campaigns, and they're not too short either, with each one taking 5-6 hours to complete, adding up to over twenty hours of gameplay. However, the campaigns end up being more action and less story than even Resident Evil 5, so the story does suffer in some ways. The first two chapters of each campaign usually do end up being the weakest in story, but the story truly hits it's strength in the later chapters, when the campaigns start to intertwine, and the characters meet. That's when the stories truly hit their stride. Aside from that, the campaigns are pretty weak, being overly simplistic in story. Luckily, the few story bits in the campaigns are pretty impressive for the most part, even if some plot points in the story feel weaker than others.

Another weak spots for the campaigns are the levels. Some levels are absolutely amazing with awesome action and great sequences. Others are kind of blah, and others are absolutely infuriating, filled with bad sequences, fighting way too many enemies and filled with unnecessary grinding. This is one of those games where you'll have so much fun, and then absolutely hate it in five minutes.

Another bad aspect is the tutorial. It does a good job of giving you the basic knowledge, but only gives you the good techniques through hint messages during loading screens. Some of these tips are essential to the game though, meaning you're not going to be proficient at this game for a good while.

The graphics for the most part are good. Character models are well done, and I was always impressed whenever I saw the grime and sweat off of a character's face. However, some textures in the game look really rough up close, meaning some parts of the game look absolutely great while other parts are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Another problem is that the game is too dark. This is due mostly in part to the game intentionally blacking out parts of the game in an attempt to create shadows, which means that even on the brightest settings in the game and you're tv, the game still isn't illuminated well enough.

Another thing I want to address is the hate this game gets. Resident Evil 6 is not a bad game, but it goes further from the tradition that the Resident Evil franchise has set, which is ultimately why it upsets fans. RE6 tried to make everyone happy, by giving horror based and action based campaigns, but ultimately it isn't enough. In itself, the game isn't bad, but it's hated for the lack of quality and tradition past Resident Evils have. I personally don't mind, but I know some do.

Overall, the game is good with some huge flaws holding it back from living up to the standards set by RE4 all those years ago. If you hated five for the direction it took, don't play this game, considering the game goes down that same path. However, I can't recommend this game to newcomers, considering how unfriendly it is to newcomers. But, in itself, RE6 is an enjoyable and sometimes frustrating experience. So, if you're a hardcore fan, you may want to check it out.
  8. May 23, 2014
    There are no creative gameplay setups in the game. It's a variety of "x zombies coming at you" and "x zombies coming at your position which you must hold for a while". Then there's the occasional boss and QTE, but it feels like an overall cash-in, something made to satisfy shareholders rather than gamers.

Some moments are way above mediocre though, and despite the long trudges, there's
    occasional glimpses of an 8/10 or even 9/10 game. Then that feeling lasts ten minutes at most aaand it's back to 5-6/10 action. As such, it's a game about punching, stomping and shooting, rather than a game about zombie survival.

If 7 hours of well-made, varied graphics can satisfy your curiosity, I think you will have a fun time with Leon's campaign, which is polled to be the most liked and provides decent closure to its story. But I'm not sure the other three campaigns will hold your interest, as I don't really want to keep playing the game after 1st chapter of second campaign, which adds more shootouts after I just finally got done with it in the first campaign. Leon's still had some spectacular set pieces and encounters, and the flow between chapters felt quite convincing despite some drastic changes in surroundings. The occasional puzzles all had the same mass-market design as the action: designed to be instantly solvable, each element laid out in order so you just move forward and check off each step.

You can choose to smile at the button-mashing and various times where the game treats you like a tool. With that attitude, you can play the game as a conversation about game design. Sometimes it works, sometimes you laugh. If you're looking for some spectacularly produced dark action scenes, RE6 might still be the most exciting combination of tension and action on PS3.

Ultimately, you have to ask whether it's even worth picking up from the bargain bin. It's a matter of taste. Do you want an enjoyable time, or a tense time? A smooth experience or a rugged one? Creative design or mainstream design? Whatever you want, RE6 designs it in a way so I won't recommend playing it. But there is something exciting about playing a big-budget, non-recommended game. Just to see what the fuss is about.
  9. May 10, 2014
    This game has its problems, but I cannot deny the fact I feel like this is a better game then Resident Evil 5. I enjoyed this game quite a bit. First, the game is eerie. It's not to the same degree of creepiness like resident Evil 4 and prior, but it has it's moments. Visual wise, it looks great. Environments are well detailed and looks incredibly nice. Enemy and character designs are very well done and I cannot deny that they look very nice. Resident Evil is known for it's sound effects and this game is no exception. All he snarls and shouts are very good and you can tell where they are. Now for gameplay; It has its problems but also it's good points. The game offers drop-in, drop-out co-op and this can help you quite a bit in some the hard parts. If you don't want to play with a human, the partner AI is competent, which I am grateful for. The individual four campaigns play differently. This makes the gameplay, as well as the story, feel a little unfocused. Leon's campaign plays like Resident Evil 4. His campaign is the strongest and it has some moments that do startle, albeit being mostly jump scares. Jake's campaign plays like a runner game, i.e. there's a monster and you escape from it. I didn't mind this one too much, it wasn't too special, but I like the fact they brought Sherry back from Resident Evil 2. Chris' felt as the weaker one and felt scattered in terms of story. It plays like any generic third person shooter in the vein of Gears of Wars. Due to that, it plays too generic. The story is scattered and can be confusing at times because it jumps between two timelines. Ada's story is the second best campaign. It plays like a stealth game and it's a little harder. Quick Time Events are reintroduced, but I feel like the number is overstated. There are a number of them but they come up at times when you would have the controller in hand. Now for the story. Since Capcom killed off Wesker, you should expect a strained story. This is also due to it being split among 4 campaigns that messes with it's canon frequently. Basic gist, a new virus has been created. After the virus is tested on a university campus in the US, the race is on to stop the person behind the attack. Overall, I liked the game. It`s got it`s problems, but I was able to look past them. 7.6/10. It is definitely closer to the weaker end of Resident Evil and it terms of the RE games released as of late, Resident Evil Revelations is a stronger game. But I still like this game. I would recommend hat you buy this game used or at a discounted price, because it will be hit or miss for many people. Expand
  10. Mar 31, 2014
    You do not want to be friends with anyone that gives this giant flop of a game anything above a 5. I say so again, do not get close to anyone who thinks this game is good. They might actually like it, but they like sh** then. Because that is what this game is, sh**. Stepping on Goombas in the old NES Mario games is funner and more thrilling than any retarded boring enemy youll find in RE6. There is absolutely no scares, but ofcourse even the fanboys know this. This game is beyond scripted, think youll get caught by the giant monster(forgot his name) that chases you? Hahahahahaha, hahahahah, LOL, ROFL, it will never happen. It is just a tease, a tease that happens quite a lot. Lame plot, incredibly lame main villain. More QTE's than enemies. Leon is now a little bitc**, nothing like the awesome-O he was in RE4. Mercenaries is ****** easy now. I tried to like it, but this game sucks really really bad. Oh yeah and the enemy AI? There is none! Expand
  11. Mar 10, 2014
    Funny that Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 have better ratings here. Resident Evil 6 is best next-gen RE franchise. Great graphics, great controls. Best next-gen RE!
  12. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  13. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise.
    The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  14. ERB
    Feb 19, 2014
    This game is good but not as good as Resident Evil 4 or most of the games of the series but still it is good. So Capcom made Resident Evil 6 have more action but sometimes the action gets repetitive and boring where before Resident Evil was dark and scary and now they made this game not scary and full of repetitive and boring actions. I should say The game play is still a slightly above average but It is in my judgement that the game play is stupid. The story in this game is brilliant. It is interesting that you have 7 characters in this game that you can play each. You can also play as Ada Wong! She is like one of the hottest video game female characters ever made. What is good about the story is that they have a different story and different ending but there story is all connected. Which is why it is good! The graphics are above average and the zombies in Resident Evil 6 looks awesome especially The boss battles and I have to admit that the boss battles are well done and very exciting. The only problem in this game is the boring and repetitive action but still there are tons of content in this game. Now It has come to It's final verdict and this game is an 8/10 game. This game is a great game. A must buy for fans for this franchise and anyone new to this game should also be able to enjoy this game. You must buy this game and play it. Don't be scared It is fun. Expand
  15. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game
    when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  16. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think Resident Evil 6 in concept had some good ideas and things to work with, but almost everything they tried in this game was poorly excecuted. I did like the idea of Leon and Chris finally being in a game together. I liked how they actually tried to give Chris a little more character development, something that was lacking to me in the previous games with him. I really liked maybe the first half of Leons campaign. There also seems to be a great attention to detail in how each character reacts to the enemies, whether it be Chris, Leon or Jake they all feel different to me. With that being said though, I think theres a lot of problems with this game, and like I said the biggest fault being excecution. I liked how they made Chris sort of this captain of the group in the beginning of the campaign and I like how Chris says no one will be left behind. But this is soon shattered by Adas stupid clone. I was actually digging Chris's campaign in the beginning but after Chris's men are killed I lost all sense of what I was actually fighting for, besides obviously Chris trying to get revenge on Carla. RE6 ended up replacing RE4 and RE5's weapon upgrading system with a skill point system. The problem I had with it was that I really didn't get a chance to actually delve into it as you could only upgrade skills at the end of each chapter and from what skill points I aquired, I barely felt any real difference. There's some melee components to this game but they all feel overpowered as you can continually mash at the enemies at will with no consequences. In RE4 and Re5 you had to place your shots at the right points than you could do a melee sequence. At the end of things I think this game is worth renting as I think there is some fun to be had, especially if you have a friend, but other than that don't buy it. Expand
  17. Feb 9, 2014
    This game is not that bad. The graphics and music are actually really good and the control in my opinion is sublime and you can finally move and shoot. While yes it wasnt the scary game we were all expecting and it stupidly tried to impress everyone, it was still a really fun 3rd person shooter alone or with a friend also agent hunt mode was awesome and should be implemented in more games. Just take out resident evil from the title and have fun. Expand
  18. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan) This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  19. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  20. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  21. Dec 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 tries to mix many genres into one but fails to have an unique and memorable experience.

If you're fan of the first games you'll probably don't like the four available campaigns that much. The survival horror is more present in Leon's campaign and it's still not good as the franchise should offer. Chris' campaign fails to be a shooter because of the bad controls (like the
    cover system), Jake's campaign seems to be a mix of a strategy/shooter and Ada's campaign is more like a stealth/shooter.

I think there are two things considered critical in this game. First, the quick time events. There is no need to have them. Second, constant deaths. Even being a hardcore gamer you'll die a lot because of the QTE and poor game design. There is a difference between dying a lot because the game is hard and because the mechanics are not well executed.

Despite of the mentioned flaws, RE 6 is still a game that deserves to be played. Graphics are very good, the plot is interesting with great connections between the four campaigns and there's still room to have fun, be on the single-player or multiplayer.

I'd like to leave a message for Capcom: please, reboot the franchise to be a survival horror only. There's no need to turn it into a shooter. You have a fanbase that plays RE because of the experience that you offered from RE 1 to RE 4. Turning the franchise into a shooter will not bring new players that can compensate the losses of the loyal fans. Players want to be excited while playing, to be scared and feel tension to survive. If RE becomes a shooter it will be just another one in the saturated game industry.
  22. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  23. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  24. Nov 20, 2013
    En primer lugar quiero dejar claro que el titulo en realidad de Resident Evil es Biohazard, que significa peligro biologico, sobre virus y contagios, ¿acaso quereis que todos los resident evils sean de ir por un pasillo interminable buscando una llave para abrir una puerta y seguir avanzando por otro pasillo hasta que encontremos otra puerta a la cual no podemos avanzar? ¿con zombis que no podemos matar y salir corriendo? esa epoca ha pasado a la historia, el juego avanza con nuevos retos, o ¿que esperais? ¿que capcom saque el mismo juego cada 4 años? nadie lo compraria, no digo que el 5 sea un buen juego porque no lo es, pero el Resident Evil 4 era un juegazo, lo querais ver o no y el 6 es otro juegazo, a quien le guste que lo disfrute y a quien no le guste que siga jugando en 2D recorriendo pasillos huyendo y buscando llaves. La jugabilidad es excelente, al principio te resulta dificil manejarlo pero una vez te acostumbras es una maravilla, por fin puedes esquivar, rodar por el suelo, luchar...etc La trama, de lo mejor del juego, entre ellas, la de Chris (te marcara) y la de León esta muy bien lograda aunque al final se vuelve ésta algo monótona. Los gráficos no son nada del otro mundo, pero estan muy bien, hay texturas que parecen el Resident Evil 4, pero bueno...al fin y al cabo no te fijas en eso...aun asi aqui decae bastante. El sonido es de lo mejor del juego, sobretodo en momentos puntuales de tensión y en las escenas cinematrográficas a lo Hollywood, el doblaje al Español es excelente, uno de los mejores doblajes que he visto hasta hoy dia. Innovan bastante respecto a la quinta entrega (cosa no dificil) el modo historia (que consta de cuatro) te costara pasartelo en unas 30 horas en normal. Conclusión: Resident Evil 6 posiblemente sea uno de los mejores de la saga (para mi personalmente el mejor) terror no tiene, algunos putnos crean tensión, pero no esperes un survival porque no lo es, mas bien es un shooter en tercera persona pero de acción y aventuras (tipo Uncharted) El modo historia de León mezcla survival con acción, el de Chris mezcla acción pura con shooter, el de Jake mezcla tensión y accion y por último el de Ada seria mas bien acción con puzzles, el juego es un juegazo que debes tener si o si, te encantara si te va el genero acción. Expand
  25. Nov 17, 2013
    i loved re6. i got it from play staion store for full 69.99 and it was well worth it with all dlcs. one of the most grapgical games iv played. hate when im away from the ps3, pc just dont run all these game man. i miss this re6. havent played it in about a half year, and i miss it bad.
  26. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  27. Oct 2, 2013
    Alright....its understandable people want what made resident evil so bloody good back however I'm sick of people sh*tting all over this game because it is not what they want.Resident evil 6 is a great game step up from Resident evil 5, however it is not the perfect blend of survival horror and action (we can wish) but it does have a pretty good story...well story'S seeing as you play through 4 different campaigns (no that isnt a spoiler seeing as capcom desided to show Ada's campaign before the game was released) but yes Leon,Chris,Jake and Ada. all different and all crossover witch i thought was pretty cool. Leon's campaign feels more like a blend of resi 2,4 and 5 and that's a good thing seeing as its the best campaign.Then Chris...now his campaign actually shocked me..it was not terrible..it was actually pretty well done,even the story witch was abit weird seeing as it cut from the past to the present but you understand whats going on so it isnt confusing.Then there is Jake....people seem to hate on this one the most because you can use hand to hand combat more and because of this..people on it "how are you ment to use hand to hand combat on guys with guns"...ok seriously? first of all in Jake's campaign you seem to forget he has a bunch of gun's and weapons to use you dont have to use have to hand but there is a point in his campaign were you will have no choice..now its only a short bit but there i agree, it does get alittle frustrating but once you get used to it its actually not that bad.Finally Ada's campaign...its pretty much alot like resident evil 4 you have simple puzzles,creepy setting and awkward gameplay because resident evil 6's gameplay can be very awkward at times but capcom have sorted that (kinda) with the camera witch was pretty bad and annoying but not anymore it can still be pretty f*cking annoying but better then it was. So resident evil 6...better then 5 but one up from the worst in the series isnt good.Bring back more of the horror,more of the puzzles and you will see a change in everyone's scores capcom.However review the game as a game dont compare it to what resident evil was. Expand
  28. Sep 30, 2013
    It´s a good game, but for a numbered title of the franchise, that make part of chronology of Resident Evil, this is a worst of all.
  29. Sep 27, 2013
    Let me start off by saying i love RE4, in fact its my favorite game of all time. I thought RE5 was a great game, but this one ooh man did they f it up. RE6 by far has the worst gameplay i have ever seen. Although the cutscenes do look amazing. Jakes campaign is really out of place in this game it seems every time you encounter a boss you have to run towards the camera wich makes it difficult and really annoying, Jakes campaign at best is decent. Leons campaign is a bit better but it was still decent. Adas campaign had more puzzles and was more interesting than Jakes or Leons. The best campaign in RE6 by far is Chris, his campaign feels very Call of Duty like, and that actually makes it pretty fun. Overall this game is decent, i was really hyped for this game but from the moment i saw the giraffe logo on the box i knew i was goin in for a huge dissapointment. Expand
  30. Sep 26, 2013
    its ok but its not survival horror anymore it is way too action heavy and the only real good campaign is the Leon campaign hell its not as bad as operation raccoon city
  31. Sep 19, 2013
    Une immondicité video ludique. Je n'éprouve même pas l’envie de me justifier je pence que tout a été dit dans ses autre commentaire. 0/10 sens aucun hésitation.
  32. Sep 14, 2013
    Awesome game. i just do not get all those negative 1 point ratings. the game is awrsome. hours of gameplay. i am at 20 hrs now and i still have a lot to go. co-op is spectacular. graphics, story line are great. this is still survival horror game.....just do nor play it in easy mode. capcon put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. great title.
  33. Sep 6, 2013
    The worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your in video sequences). The fact anyone gave it a ten means the world of gaming has died, RIP world of gaming, its been fun. PS. i played the Ada campaign. couldn't bear to try the others... its so bad. Expand
  34. Sep 5, 2013
    First off: There are a lot of bad reviews here. The game is not a 0 or 10. The truth lies in the middle.
    I've played through Leon's campaign and I'm rating this a 6. Here's why:
    1. Not enough emphasis on gameplay. The new control scheme is great. Too bad you are doing quicktime events or watching cutscenes so often.
    2. Too many useless sequences. For example, there is a swimming portion
    that serves no purpose. Sometimes you move, see a cutscene, then move, again with no actual gameplay, then watch another cutscene. This is bad pacing and leads to a game that is not as good as it could have been.
    3. Cheap deaths sometimes you have to die just to figure out the path forward. Not a major gripe just frustrating.
    4. Terrible story. It is just stupid. Not looking for incredible depth but this is bad.
    5. Tedious boss battle how many forms can one guy have?
    6. Mercenaries seems to only have 3 levels this is not acceptable after RE5.

The graphics and lighting effects are tremendous. The new control scheme feels great. The enemy design is good. I feel like Capcom spent more time on making an interactive blockbuster movie than a game. I expected RE5 with fresh tweaks and I got that so why I am I still doing quicktimes and extended cutscenes? Compared to RE5, this is major step backwards. I rated this game a 6 and would consider a reasonable range to be 5-8. Still fun, but I recommend a rental before buying. I would not pay full price for this game. Hopefully I'll play the other campaigns and like them better. If I do, I'll change my review.

Update: I've now played the whole game and I think it scores higher. I have to admit that each campaign is different and fun in it's own way. They are also lengthy and there is a 4th bonus campaign (unfortunately not co-op though).
    I also tried the agent mode and it is a nice addition for some depth.
    The game is not perfect, but is still very fun, controls well, and is a blast when played with a friend.
  35. Aug 23, 2013
    I had a very good time enjoying the whole game and chasing the platinum trophy.
    It's less obscure, more modern, maybe less scary but well... it's like many AAA games where visual effects and gameplay are become key elements. Still, the storyline is really good and the Resident Evil franchise evolves in a cool direction. You can't contain such universe in isolated cities forgot by the rest
    of the world forever and need to look at the next step. The survival is less about small dark rooms but about massive plague contagion. I liked it! Expand
  36. Aug 21, 2013
    Please, RE fans, it's not a survival horror game, I know, I wish it was too. It doesn't deserve a zero. Stop being spoilt little brats. Insulting Capcom won't bring about a 'real' survival horror RE7 .
    Anyway, this game has a massive 4 campaigns all of which are very fun and enjoyable( I found Jake's campaign to be slightly lacking), and all have co-op support. Series favourites return,
    including some from far back in the series. OvTheWoods was right about one thing, Capcom aren't exactly action game developers, as the controls still remain clunky for this outing.
    The other modes like Agent hunt and Mercenaries are fun little distractions, but the campaigns are the real deal.
    Overall, we can see Capcom have drifted away from classic RE, sorry fellow fans, but get over it, it's not coming back.
  37. Aug 9, 2013
    Resident evil 6 is a great game. And who ever gives it a zero or hate on it, its cause they hate change.... i mean you coldnt see this coming after 5? I mean in my opinion this was a trillion times better than 5. resi 5 was a action game that gave you no ammo, and you cant even move while aiming your gun. but resi 6 gives everything people are asking for, and then people are gonna get mad. you cant have it both ways Expand
  38. Jul 11, 2013
    Tedious This game is very hard to play. I still count the original resident evils as some of my favourite games ever, I even enjoyed resi 5. I'd read the mostly damning reviews of this game but thought I'd give it a go for the love. The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring. There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section for ages, each shoot out takes ages, everything about this game is looooong.

Where as the pre resi 4 games could be completed in a couple of hours, the campaigns in this game take about 8, and there's four of them.

You definitely get a lot for your money but unfortunately most of it is crap.

Add to that dodgy controls and frustrating cheap deaths.

There have been other games with similar dodgy controls and overuse of cutscenes, eg max Payne 3, but at least that had a cool story/script. Resi 6 is just overlong and convoluted.

On top of all this game is not scary either, it's just kind of annoying.

I did not enjoy playing it at all which is genuinely heartbreaking considering my love for the old games.

If you consider yourself a resi fan don't bother with this, the franchise died a long time ago.
  39. Jul 6, 2013
    Had such high hopes for this game. Love the Resident Evil series, and this game although good just did not live up to expectations. Also liked to play as different characters, but did not like the overlapping story line and seeing the sames cut scenes over again and just got confusing.
  40. Jul 3, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events, and the addition of several new, flat characters, RE6 is definitely a disappointment and a scar on the face of Resident Evil's main series games. Expand
  41. Jun 23, 2013
    This game has a great story and great gameplay its not the best game ever but why does have a mixed or average critic and user score? I mean seriously just because the and cover system sucks does not mean its a bad game.
  42. Jun 23, 2013
    It ain't resident evil game but it is a good game. Leon's and Ada's campaigns are the best ones but the other ones are awful. This classic survival horror game has turned in to action shooter game. It is a fun ride but not so entertaining as the old RE games.
  43. Jun 21, 2013
    Ever since 4, (which while I do agree it's a good game, I think it's far from perfect) every other RE game has gotten a ton of backlash for not being 4. It's ridiculous. 5 was a great game (my personal favorite) and yeah 6 has flaws but it's not horrible by any means. I had fun with it, especially playing it with my friends via splitscreen or even online sometimes. Mercenaries mode is a blast, maybe even better than 4 and 5's. The story has some issues. Graphics are good as usual. The gameplay in some ways is good and then in others is bad. Honestly if you like resident evil just give it a try and go in expecting it not to "mind blowing" like 4 or 5 because, yeah it is the weaker of the three for sure. Expand
  44. Jun 19, 2013
    First of all i need to say that i'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil series and the gameplay or story. This game have some potential and has a lot of action but the story split in 4 was not a good idea. I think it would be better one story but big like in the previous game (RE5). The controls where good better than the previous title but just that. The graphics where basically the same where darker, i enjoyed more the previous game graphics. The story was just decent, like in any post apocalypse game. There are a lot of games and this series and there is much that beat this one, Resident Evil 4 or 5 are good (only 2 i played until now) but this one was fun because of the split-screen mode of mercenaries.If you wanna have some fun in split-screen killing zombies this might be good, but you will not get hours of fun for sure because the rounds are fast and get repetitive. Expand
  45. Jun 2, 2013
    As a die hard Resident Evil fan, this game was OK. I liked how they did the seperate campaigns, but didn't like how you got to see the same thing over and over again, but I did like how they saw each others side. Sounds dumb, but it's true. In my opinion, Leon had the best campaign because in the beginning there were actually zombies not the mutated bug things. Like bugs really? That's the best you can think of Capcom? I enjoyed this game. It was different from the others. I think personally you're either a Chris fan or a Leon fan. Me, I'm with Leon. I thought there was gonna be an awesome fight scene between those two in the trailer, but there wasn't it was disappointing actually. It was a fun game,and I'm predicting the next Resident Evil game will be Chris'. Ada as always is annoying. Enough said Expand
  46. May 28, 2013
    Simply worst games of RE.Conami is a bunch sinful maslatays that care only about money.They will burn in Abdulovhell for ruining RE series.
    Story is driwel,gameplay is horrible and coop-oriented,graphics is washed and tasteless
  47. May 28, 2013
    I loved this game! The mix of action, adventure, and mystery was so well thought-out! I've beaten the game and gone back for more at the harder levels (which I rarely do!) I'd recommend this game to anyone looking for a perfect mix of gameplay! And the move and shoot aspect, Wahoo!!!
  48. May 25, 2013
    What the was Capcom thinking when they made this? There's absolutely nothing scary here, just action! The aiming is GOD AWFUL, the ally A.i. is stupid and never seem to stop unnecessary QTE's that are almost impossible to do right, unless you have superhuman speed, and the whole "separate campaigns" is just plain dumb. Save your money for something else! Do NOT buy RE6 at all!
  49. May 17, 2013
    O pior jogo da série ,perdeu o gênero de survival horror ficou muito ruim a camera e os personagens como Leon que parece com Dante do Devil May Cry .Tá na hora da Capcom fazer um Reboot do jogo, Deixa-lo bem do estilo survival Horror.
  50. May 15, 2013
    I grew up playing Resident Evil games, but actually started out with a demo of Resident Evil 2 from a magazine on the original PSX when I was way too young for these type of games (still the best of the series from my point of view).
    After reading the reviews for this game and playing the demo, I really believed it to be a bad game and to be avoided which for me was quite a let down since
    I've seen some other memorable game series from my youth decay like putrid Zombies (I'm pointing at you Final Fantasy). Resident Evil 5 was fine but it did leave a bad after taste, it tried too hard to be a fusion of Resident Evil 4 and modern action games (that sell so well, lets remind ourselves companies are in it for the money) and failed at it. So if that seemed to be the general direction of the series I really did not want to keep playing it, or so I thought.
    In comes Resident Evil 6. I gotta say, the initial impression was indeed horrible given the high standards we all have for blockbuster video games. Way too many QTEs and cut scenes (everyone seems to want to imitate Michael Bay movies now, explosions everywhere at the beginning), the controls seem weird (completely different from past Resident Evils) the environments kind of break the atmosphere when you try to interact with them (like chairs that seem glued to the ground, or boxes made of concrete in every corner, corpses that are invulnerable until they decide to come to life just as you pass by them, etc...), technical issues, etc... The horror was kinda gone as well (apart from some scares at very specific moments) and as been ever since the previous game (having a partner in game really breaks the tense atmosphere that comes with isolation). But even taking all of this into account, I found myself playing for hours on end and not even noticing the time passing, and that doesn't happen for me unless it's a really good game (the last recent one with such an effect was probably Red Dead Redemption). There is something about this game which makes it unlike any other Resident Evil but still relatable given the characters and some pretty good voice acting (together with some cheesiness which reminds me of the great and memorable B movie like dialogs of the original Resident Evil). Sure the story as become incredibly ridiculous (ever since 4 it's been kind of a mess), and it does not really feel like your playing a Resident Evil game, but it does play great and it's a very enjoyable ride. If you let yourself immerse in the game for what it is you'll find a deep melee system, a highly maneuverable character that can dodge attacks and counter, customizable skills, and a lot of fun as a co-op game. Sure the multiplayer is quite broken, and the game does have it's limitations, but it's such a fun lengthy game when you get down into it. You should just ignore most reviews that whine about it not being Resident Evil like and enjoy it for what it is, a great action movie like game with Zombies in it.
    To me, as it goes with games with Resident Evil on the name, it's miles better than Resident Evil 5 and on par with Resident Evil 3 on my scale (with the top 3 being Resident Evil 2, 1 and 4).
  51. May 11, 2013
    The poor average user score is due to the fact that this isn't the Resident Evil the old-school fans know and love anymore. It is an action game that retains a survival component...but the horror aspect is all but gone. The game is a solid 7/10. It has flaws in the dialogue and story. But at the end of the day. I still feel the RE franchise has made a positive step story-wise and that there has been a positive improvement in the control scheme from 4 and 5. For $20 (or less) CDN/US this game was worth every penny. I would probably be a bit more bitter if I had of spent 50-69$ on this game...but I paid a 1/3 of the price of regular newly released full title blockbuster games. I haven't bought all the dlc. Just the extra mercenaries maps for the $5 bundle. I wasn't overly impressed at first....but if you enjoy the mercenaries 'enough' they can be worth the purchase. If you weren't a hardcore mercenaries fan to begin with, don't bother. I might say pickup rooftop, since it is a small and fun map. I'm still waiting hopefully for story based dlc like lost in nightmare and desparate escape. If you haven't played it already. You can pick up the gold edition of re5 for pretty much the same price or maybe cheaper. re5 gold edition was a solid 9/10. Expand
  52. May 8, 2013
    I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. On several occasions I've been hit with scripted sequences that left me no room to maneuver or avoid, automatically killing me each and every time. If the main character is simply standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time, they die and there is not recourse other than continuing from a checkpoint. During quick-time events, the buttons flash on screen in an almost seizure- inducing manner, thereby not allowing you to clearly see the buttons that need to be pressed. The train sequence in the sewers comes to mind, as I couldn't even read which buttons to press because it was a dark map and the button notifications flashing on the screen made it almost impossible to interpret what the game was asking me to do. The plot is absolutely atrocious, there is no back-story and you are left wondering throughout. The introduction level has absolutely nothing to do with introducing the player to the game, it is instead a flashy sequence of scripted events that appear to occur later in the game. The camera angle is atrocious at times, leaving the player without enough field of view to effectively analyze the situation. Scripted sequences make this worse by snapping the players view to the event automatically, leaving the player disoriented. I give this game a 3 out of 10 for poor camera angle, an atrocious plot, ridiculous quick-time events and overall lack of in-sight as to what the gamers want in a game. Expand
  53. May 1, 2013
    Ever since re1 on the playstation 1 I have loved the resident evil series. Not only because I am a fan of zombies and survival horror, but I liked the puzzles. Even though the were not the hardest.

Throughout the series I have enjoyed every game. From the originals and remakes to the side games like dead aim, appreciating them for what they are. But this one, I just don't enjoy...

The camera spins around so much it actually hurts my eyes at times, the health system is just long winded and pointless, but what I hate the most is the new "just run in a straight line and shoot things" approach. It just seems like the developers got lazy. Where are the puzzles? The exploring of areas? Even going back to revisit areas because of a new key or item. Instead it's now just a boring, repetitive action game, with tedious quick time events and bad camera angles.

I looked forward to every single resident evil release, right from re2. I'm wondering now if I will look forward to the next one? Maybe il just give it a miss.
  54. May 1, 2013
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy. My opinion it is awful. Menu instead of to be "load game" is: - press start - start game - choose campaign - choose PSN settings - finally start game. It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen. Just to start the game I MUST everytime choose that I want to play offlline (otherwise i'll not be able to PAUSE the GAME!!) Game itself:

- pretty beautiful but it is too much. True this that you always out of ammo or recovery items. Each time you see something big you have nothing to fight. You need to try it with your bare hands almost.

- Camera is pretty stupid, i just looked back there were nobody there, turn around and again i'm atacked out of nowhere.

CAPCOM made BAD game this time
  55. May 1, 2013
    Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign, quit for the night (checking that 'save in progress' has come up before I switch off), only to fire up the game a couple of nights later and find all my previous progress is gone.

I'd be bemoaning the fact that I've flushed £40 down the toilet if I didn't know I can trade it in for Medal Of Honour in 2 weeks! Seriously, if you must play it to complete the series, wait for pre-owned. There'll be hundreds of them around Christmas time for a tenner!
  56. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the cancer of this generation. WHERE DO I BEGIN?? I am blantently pissed at the fact that I cannot enjoy this game whatsoever. The gameplay makes no sense, the button tapping was too enforced. The characters we once know and loved are thrown into a mess of piss poor writing and sequence events. the only good thing to look farward to were the unlimited ammo unlocks so I could chug endless amounts of bullets for hours at what seem like rehashed obligatory creatures. AGENT HUNT MODE, why does this get me so pissed off???? why did I beat the game just to get rewarded with a mode that blatantly slaps me right in the face? choose a level and you are thrown into a random level where you become a miniscule creature whos goal is to kill survivors. but they aren't the survivors, no! the other players are overpowered, blowing you down with unlimited grenade launchers, AK-47, grenades, mines, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect. There is virtually no fun in agent hunt. I heard you were able to used a pea shooter but I never found the level. the only thing they did right (maybe) was the mercenaries. but no, no that does not raise my score, not even but a significant amount. the makers of RE6 knew they up, they are working on a new game THAT IS NOT LISCENCED BY Thank you game, get the out of my life. Expand
  57. Apr 21, 2013
    what ever happened to just a simple zombie storyline not all this virus monster crap I rented this game thank goodness the combat is what you expect from RE but the story is so confusing I wanted to like this game but it was crap
  58. Apr 20, 2013
    very good game the best in its history, certainly better than 5 parts. 5 in comparison with the part of the nous dire moments. did the normal control, there are movements that are not even in shooters such as tackle. Each campaign is special. Zombies were unusual. Best game!!!
  59. Apr 15, 2013
    How about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give this game a bad review because it SUCKS even as an action game. There's parts in this game where you will be running or swimming from something and your character doesn't even move off the spot that they are in. The camera angles in some points in this game are terrible. Zombies have guns. I know a lot of people that say this game sucks get a lot of flack, but holy hell this game is not scary at all, My Little Pony is more scary that this. Even Leons part wasn#t that scary and a lot of you will think that this game doesn#t need to be scary, but in all honesty, they built this series on a horror, then those crappy Resident Evil movies came out and then all of a sudden they started changing the formula for the games. The only thing good about this game is how funny it is. There are 4 stories and the game is BIG, it might be a BIG game but I wanted the game to be over after 1 hour. I kept playing the game, hoping that it would get better, then I finished Adas part and I regretted it badly. The cover system is horrible aswell, why is it so hard to get into cover? Yes of course when you have it down packed it is easier after awhile but in an ACTION game it shouldn#t be as hard as it was. They tried to copy Gears of War and they failed,where as Gears of War cover system is one of the best I have ever seen. It seems as if a lot of games want to be CoD, but not only does this game want to be CoD it also wants to be Gears, even though Call of Duty sucks (IMO) it#s still a better experience than this game was.....Thankfully, Capcom has stated that they will be returning to survival horror for the next game. Expand
  60. Apr 14, 2013
    I love the Resident Evil Franchise, and have ever since Resident Evil 2. I love the cast, I love horror zombie settings, I even love the movie franchise. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get into this game. I have started and restarted multiple times, and am probably about 1/3rd of the way through the game. While I don't mind some QTEs, there really were far too many and they really took you out of the action. The platforming was pointless (just press X) and didn't really see why they bothered. Even the shooting was just "okay" (I played most of Leon and some of Chris' campaigns). The writing was mediocre to terrible (um...why would Leon agree to get into an enclosed elevator with someone who was bitten and someone who is clearly sick as though he had no idea what was going to happen?) though the cut scenes themselves were well voice-acted and well done. Some of the "set pieces" I've seen so far were inferior to set pieces in Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Some of the boss battles were just rediculous (really...how would anyone survive being in the mouth of a huge shark-zombie for like 5 minutes..). Sure there is a lot of content, so I suppose I could recommend this to someone who was really bored, but I think I'd rather re-play a really good game than finish this. Since I can only get $4 at Best Buy to trade this in, I'll probably try to sell this on eBay since I already watched the nonsensical plot on YouTube. Expand
  61. Apr 10, 2013
    I would have given this a 9 or 10 if not for those annoying QTEs (quick time events) that leads to your unexpected deaths. But still, this is a must game for every RE fan out there like me who started playing this game since the '90s.
  62. Apr 8, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 was not an awful game but it was not great either. Leon and Ada's campaign was the only interesting campaign. Chris and Jake's gets boring by the minute. There wasn't so much head up display which was good. Multiplayer was completely a waste of time money and it really brings this game down. The multiplayer game is not long enough and once your shot its hopeless. Not disspointed with game but im not that happy either Expand
  63. Mar 25, 2013
    This game simply doesn't work. It looks pretty good sounds pretty good and plays atrociously. It would seem that the development team of this game weren't working towards the same goals here. One side opted for survival horror elements, the other went for a more action packed approach. The result of this is a clunky action game that leaves much to be desired.
  64. Mar 23, 2013
    A fun action game with a load of content. One of the best couch coop games I've played in a while. While the story is a bit goofy and the quick-time events can be really cheap at times, I would recommend it to any fans of the later Resi games.
  65. Mar 22, 2013
    Just simply horrible game. There's long time I haven't felt so disgusted with a game. I am in love with the series, RE4 and RE5 had a pass, they still had those small scary moments (Specially the Regenerators in RE4) but now... it's a GENERIC action game.... For this I play other kind of games. And the story isn't good enough. It's sad to see how big franchises always get destroyed by their sequels. I'm sorry Capcom, you shouldn't not destroy Resident Evil Series..... Expand
  66. Mar 22, 2013
    I really wanted to love this game and it was really my final hope for the Resident Evil franchise. While, it didn't live up to my hopes, it still was fun and was a solid entry to the Resident Evil Universe. The thing I liked the most about the game was the cinematic feel of the game. They really nailed that aspect of the game. I also loved the mercenaries mode and counter moves. The mercenaries is the best yet and is so intense. Also, I enjoyed the variety of new enemies. Cons: Overall, the campaign is way too big though. Completing the game became exhausting. It would have benefited from a more focused campaign experience. Expand
  67. Mar 19, 2013
    I give it a 5 out of 10 & that's only cause of Mercenaries mode which is the best Mercs mode in the series. RE6's campaigns are lackluster at best. The plot is dull & quite predictable. This game is a rent, not a buy. I played and finished all campaigns in less than 3 days, after completing the campaigns I went to Mercs mode where I found more replayability than in the actual game. What made the Mercs mode in RE6 so fun was the fact that you now have more of a strategy fo all enemy types. You can now roll, dodge, do combo attacks & tackle attacks that either stun or knock the enemy off it's feet; like previous Mercs mode this is best played with a partner.

Now... the campaign is no different than 4 & 5 with the exception of the new control mechanics, aside from that the AI partner is more helpful unlike in RE5... but the enemy AI is some of the worst I have seen, like standing in the line of fire & doing nothing at times. Survival horror is non-existing in this nor the past two numbered installments. It's an action game with monsters in it & nothing else. Rent the game first, wait for the next installment & pray for the best. Anyone telling you otherwise is more than likely.
  68. Mar 14, 2013
    The most exciting resident evil since resident evil 3 and 4. The gameplay is awesome, and Leon's campaign is outstanding! The perfect game to play online or multiplayer. The new skill's style is great to replay the game to unlock them all. The graphics are great the most part of the game. Sometimes it is not good but as the whole Resident Evil 6 brings us a great experience, clashing the four campaigns and turning it in one of the best Resident Evil. Expand
  69. Mar 13, 2013
    I really give it an 8.5. While it's no RE4, or Dead Aim, this is still a damn fine game. Leon's Campaign is classic RE for fanboys, Jake's is fresh, Ada's is EXCELLENT, and Chris' is a revamped RE5, which was a damn good game as well. The move and shoot definately does this game justice. For the ones down on this game: making the same game over and over and over (Final Fantasy) gets stale QUICKLY. If you're not ok with change, gaming is NOT for you. Expand
  70. Mar 13, 2013
    I have played every single resident evil game released to date, go to see this beloved franchise change, revamp it self and spin in itself for many years. With RE5 I was a bit sad where the franchise was going, specially how RE4 really shined as probably the best RE game after RE2, with RE6 I believe it redeemed itself, I absolutely am loving the game. I tried to stay away from it agaisnt my own instinct after the really bad rap and negative reviews and decided to get it when it got cheaper and my god do I regret not playing it sooner. It's a whole package of horror and action and cinematic experience, bit rough around the edges since it tried to be a lot of things at once but still an amazing experience.

The internet can be a unfair place sometimes (no sherlock), and this is another example where the internet just came down on it way too hard. Playing through the game it makes me wonder if I played the same game as all these haters! RE6 has 4 separate campaigns, each of them play and feel very diferent from the previous, and they're really long too, averaging 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. After finishing Leon's campain it felt that was that, the game was over cos it really felt very wholesome, playing through Chris amazed me even further with the really interesting character and more action packed levels. Jake and Ada campaings are equally as awesome and interesting. Cutscenes are a bit over the top and QTE very annoying but that's been the mark on RE since RE4.

One thing I miss from the previous resident evil games (4rd and before) is the RPG elements, I really miss updating my weapons, managing my inventory, sloting the weapons carefully so I can fit one more herb in there, selling my gems to finally update my glock to perfect aim, etc. There's none of that in here and it really is a big shame, it's a lot more streamlined experience and i firmly believe if it had that, it would have been the almost perfect game for me.

All in all, a really fantastic game, if you're a fan of the series, ignore the hate and just have fun for crying out loud, people nowadays are way too spoiled and cannot appreciate anything.
  71. Mar 11, 2013
    Well, this was an attempt to appeal to everyone, and it worked and didn't work. The game felt quite too large, and by the end, I just felt drained. The combat system has been improved a lot, but that can't help a story that goes in twenty different directions. Overall, the game was pretty fun, but it doesn't have as much replay value as past games.
  72. Mar 10, 2013
    Don't mistake Resident Evil 6 for a bad game. It isn't by any means, Resident Evil 6 is simply far too ambitious for its own well being. The game is fairly long spanning 3 campaigns and 1 secret campaign after the player completes one play-through. Each campaign lasts roughly 6-8 hours long. The story is the most expansive and ambitious in any Resident Evil game. Each pair of characters in the 3 main campaigns fights through hordes of J'avo (the new type of zombie for Resident Evil) and interact with the other characters throughout the course of the campaign. One definite improvement in Resident Evil 6 is the friendly AI, you won't be lugging around with a burden anymore like previous installments (cough cough SHEVA cough) and will find most of the game enjoyable. Odds are, you will thoroughly enjoy at least one campaign and detest at least one. Chris's campaign plays like an updated, mostly functional version of Operation: Raccoon city and offers some enjoyment in its game play. Jake's campaign plays like a Metal Gear title fused with Resident Evil, offering some interesting stealth elements that sometimes feel quite pointless. Leon's campaign is the most reminiscent of previous Resident Evil titles, needless to say, you'll probably enjoy his the best just as I did (He is my favorite character in the series). Some of the plot-lines are silly and over the top but most of the game feels a lot more serious than it's previous installments ridiculous, out of this world elements. Some of the characters have their stupid one liners and the game sometimes does stray a little bit from the main story but it mostly comes together in the end. There are some critical elements that halt this game from being the best in the series and I will list them. Firstly, the J'avo should not be using firearms like AK-47's and RPGs. These are supposed to be clumsy, confused, one track minded zombies, not people. This feature is particularly irritating in Chris Redfield's campaign but appears sparsely in the other campaigns. It's pretty annoying but not game breaking. The second gripe I have is the ridiculous camera that spins around where it wants. It isn't a problem when you're shooting however when you're maneuvering the character in the game it can be quite frustrating. Those 2 features are the most irritating that I can find but small things might bother you like the new UI, the fact that a stamina bar was added impairing the use of melee attacks and forcing you to use your weapons. A particular portion of Jake's campaign will force you to use hand to hand combat which is bothersome but passes by quickly. The multiplayer modes are fun and interesting and offer features to do outside of the campaign. Some of you may be hooked, some may find it useless it all depends on opinion. With the connection to ResidentEvil.net its a unique feature to have in a game and I can see how people will be immediately hooked on it. The environments in the game are dark, creepy and some of my favorites in the series that compliments the game properly. The score plays along perfectly making you enjoy the campaign even more than you already do, or giving you some enjoyment in your hated campaign. Overall, Resident Evil 6 is a very fun game with a few major flaws that draw it back from being excellent. At roughly a $30 dollar value now, this is a pretty good deal. Solid 8/10. Expand
  73. Mar 9, 2013
    The game is fun and awesome the problems i had with it is that there is no single player dlc. The plot is good with great plot twists but it could have been better. The voice acting and sound are fantastic and the graphics are great. Ps.Sorry for my bad english
  74. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less
    like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  75. Mar 7, 2013
    Resident Evil was not meant to be scary in the first place or complicated with puzzles all shown with the implementation of Resident Evil 4 in the series. If that is your priority go play Silent Hill its much more atmospheric, scary, and puzzle oriented than the RE series. What I really don't like about the RE fans are that they create somewhat of a cult so dedicated towards RE 1 Code Veronica which I thought lacked because of the bad controls and camera. Expand
  76. Feb 27, 2013
    Keep in mind, everyone: This game is DIFFERENT, NOT WORSE compared to the original n64 and PS1 Resident Evil games. Compared to its previous games, yes, the game is starkly different from the original, but games are SUPPOSED to evolve. Nobody seemed to complain when the Halo series turned into a gonzo-action-movie-blockbuster style game after the first two games, so why would you complain about this? Face it, it's a good game; at least from a technical aspect. The graphics are lifelike, the gunplay is smooth and fair, the difficulty curve is spot on, the character models are well thought out as are their animations, and the multiplayer is surprisingly good. I enjoyed this game through and through, and although it's not a perfect game, it's definitely among my favorite games of 2012. For all of you 90's Capcom fans out there, just pretend you're not playing a Rezzy game and you'll enjoy it. Definitely worth $40. Expand
  77. Feb 20, 2013
    Something to put out of the way Resident Evil 6 was never supposed to be like the two brillant games Resident Evil 4 and 5. Once you stop comparing RE6 to RE4 and actually look at its pros an cons alone you'll see that Resident Evil 6 isn't a bad game. The story in this game is good for most and bad for some. The Leon, Jake and Ada stories are all quite good, however Chris' whole story feels bland as well as the gameplay, its just a third person call of duty there. Many people complain that this game isnt a survival horror, well I say it would be a survival horror in 1995 while todays survival horrors are known as dead space and amnesia. The one thing about Resident Evil 6 was that the gamplay was supposed to be to conserve ammo and use melee attacks and only one of these areas worked. Ammo could be found quite a lot and I never ran out of ammo when I used a gun against a huge horde of javos or zombies, I never run out of ammo. For the melee attack, both me and my dad (a huge resident evil fan) agree that it was a welcome addition, espically when you grab them by the head and smash it into the ground. Anyway looking at it all I would give Resident Evil 6 a 7.8 rounded up to an 8. Resident Evil 6 is a good game but not a survival horror to todays standards. Let's hope Resident Evil Revelaions coming 24th May will be known as a better Resident Evil experience. Expand
  78. Feb 19, 2013
    Don't trust people who give it score of 0 or 3. It's not a bad game. It's just... different from the other Resident Evil (Biohazard) games. Game is split into few different sections with different styles of progression. Story is direct continuation of Resident Evil 5 and easy to understand if you played Resident Evil 4 and 5. You could think this as a end part of the trilogy where everything that has happened comes together story-wise. Graphics are nice, Sound design is mostly okey, music is good, and art is mighty fine. Finally Resident Evil has controls updated from mid-90s to 2010s, and you're not in a tank mode anymore which kind of sucked in previous games in this series. Imho fixed controls made this game way more fun to play than any of the previous games in the series. And for the fixed controls and everything else I'm giving the 9 it deserves. Considering that it has some issues with scripted events and certain fixed camera angles which didn't really work that well... I probably should stamp a solid 7 or 8 on top of it. And yes, it's true that the controls, the story, the enemy design, and the situations you get to make this game more action oriented game which has a horror theme on top of it. It's not solely about survival horror despite it having a survival horror segment in it when you play as Leon and shoot zombies. The game probably gives you few scares but other than that it's more about horror themed action game. Something Resident Evil (Biohazard) series has always done the best. And it's just that the name for this game is wrong. If it was called anything else than "Resident Evil" it would have not probably gotten all this trolling and hate going on for it. I personally think the Japanese name "Biohazard" is more suitable name for the series and should be called Biohazard since it's logical name for the game and themes and story are all essentially about "biohazard(s)". Expand
  79. Feb 19, 2013
    I used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, I was glad that I was able to return it for its full price when I did, unfortunately I can't return my wasted time playing it Expand
  80. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is the natural evolution of Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Technically good, it present a complex gameplay (side roll, back roll, charge attack, slide, melee attack, special melee attacks etc), not very common among third person shooter games, even if you don't need to master it at all to play. The idea to split the story in 4 different campaigns is, in my opinion, very good: I enjoyed the various points of view without feeling overwhelmed by the 45 hours of play it tooked to me to platinum it. The low amount of ammo you find and carry at higher difficulty level force you to cycle among the weapons carried, offering a various approach to fight. The game isn't scary at all. It is more an action game with a strong cinematic approach, rather than a true, old styled, survival horror. I find the game higly replayable, especially thanks to the cool chapter structure, which allow you to replay almost exactly the point you like. Overall, I think it is a good product for the fan of the serie: a game which allow you to play some of the most charismatic characters of RE, and throw in some new stuff. Expand
  81. Feb 13, 2013
    Where does one begin? Sadly, it seems the horror filled series we loved so long ago has finally crashed and burned. From monotonous gameplay, to over the top action not expected or really wanted in an RE game, a Capcom favorite has officially gone down the tube.
  82. Feb 12, 2013
    Personally I thought the game was whack. This is just one of those games that doesn't need enemies with assault rifles. Playing the part of chris was lame and playing the park of jake was whack too. The only decent part was leon. But even then the story is nothing special
  83. Feb 12, 2013
    Yes, this is just like Raccoon City all over again: stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, tedious. Except for the parts where it's like Call of Duty, which are equally stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, and tedious, but with more NPC soldiers milling about. Resident Evil 6 is thoroughly oblivious to so many of the things that make a good game these days
  84. Feb 9, 2013
    Terrible game, worst of 2012 for sure. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
    How can this on-rails crap be made from the same guys who made the amazing Dragon's Dogma?
  85. Jan 30, 2013
    Loving this game. Almost finished with Jake's campaign. Had to score it a 10 to offset the 0s which I find offensive. Never have played a RE game before this one. I love third-person shooters and this game is fantastic. Gorgeous set pieces, awesome moments and just a better game than anything on the market now. The people who give this 0 as a score are doing a disservice. Have loved every minute thus far. What makes a great game to me - can you not wait to get home to play it? I can't wait to play this game, enthralled by it! Expand
  86. Jan 30, 2013
    This game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed those upgrades properly and when I understood I did everything right I was confused in why don't they work). There is no big enviroment to explore, find ammo and stuff, needless to say game has NO puzzles (well, it does, but only a **** 5-year old playing this piece of crap will justify their existence, they are that simple), it is riddled with ****ty prescripted sequences and QTE's (probably because RE4 had a little bit of those, but mind you - they were unexpected and paced in a way they scared the living **** out of you whenever they occured) which add nothing to the experience when they occur every cutscene and make you be constantly aware of them and absolutely unsurprised next time they pop up.
    Now excuse me, but I need my dose of Code Veronica's awesomness.
  87. Jan 22, 2013
    Resident Evil 5 was better in my opinion. RE6 includes 3 campaigns. Survival horror (Leon), Action (Jake) and I call Chris campaign a Call of Duty style, because of the "war" and everything, the soldiers... the mutations are just an excuse, the "monsters" are using guns! They made RE6 trying to please all kind of gamers with those different styles campaigns, the survival horror fans, the action game fans and the FPS fans. I like COD but this is Resident Evil and it should be like RE4 and RE5, next generation, with action... ok, that's good but the game must have the horror too, it's not a shooter game, FPS, like the campaign of Chris. Skills, oh my god, no... they should keep the RE5 style, again. Upgrading weapons and maybe, upgrade health, things like that. Thank god the unlimited ammo is unlockable after we beat the entire game once, but we can use only 3 unlimited gun ammo per skill and that's annoying, if we want to use another unlimited gun we have to change the ability? Pfff... The extra campaign of Ada is a incredible bonus, I loved this one too, like Leon's one. Another thing, the bonus costumes, they should be available to use in the main campaigns!!! That's a CLASSIC. I really don't care if they appear in the FMV or not, the most important thing is PLAYING with them. Someone out there said "sorry, but its something with the capacity of the game disc". A PS3 Blu-Ray and a Xbox 360 DVD really don't include space to put the bonus costumes playable in the main story??? Oh come on.. tell me another story, Capcom. The controls are so much better now, I like it a lot. The graphics too. The combat system and the guns are so much better. But that's the thing. Maybe RE Revelations (that's coming to PS3, XBOX360 and PC in May 21st, 2013) is better than RE6. The Mercenaries is a incredible bonus too, but 3 scenarios? Oh my GOD! At least 6 and it would be very good... All that because of Capcom, wanting money and more money with those DLC'S. This thing of 3 different campaigns and different styles to please all the kind of public is really not a good idea. I have sure that the real fans of RE are thinking that way too. I hope CAPCOM can fix that in the next games. Expand
  88. Jan 22, 2013
    This game is not as bad as some people put it. Now, it's not anywhere near perfect, but it's not a bad game. Many people say that because that they've strayed away from the tank controls, the mediocre voice-acting, the horror that is claimed to be in the first three games but failed to stand the test of time, which is something they've been getting away from since Resident Evil 4. RE4 is my favorite Resident Evil game for actually scaring me a little, unlike the first three RE games which never honestly scared me at all, but if you want to know why look at my RE1 review. Now how does RE6 stand? Well, it's certainly better than RE5, but it's still not good enough to top 4 and Revelations.
    Now for the story: it's really something I never cared about, but this game had an... interesting story to say the least. It was an action-suspense movie except longer I guess.
    Gameplay: RE6 has four campaigns/stories that have different playstyles. Leon's story is Resident Evil to the core, with the first chapter actually taking place in a mansion. Leon, with his new partner Helena, focuses heavily on conserving ammo and trying to avoid all the danger that's lurking around. Leon has to face zombies, unlike the other protagonists. Chris is basically Resident Evil 5 except done better, where you shoot anything that moves. It's about as standard as you get, but it's still fun. Jake is more about stealth and trying to run away from the Nemesis stand in, the Ustanak. Ada Wong's story is like a mix of the three with puzzles added to the mix too. The gameplay is fun, to say the least.
  89. Jan 20, 2013
    This is not Resident Evil. it has no horror, no puzzles and no atmosphere.
    You want a real RE game? then go dust off your old good PSOne/PS2 and get down with RE2 and RE3, or even better play REmake on Gamecube or Wii.
  90. Jan 18, 2013
    First of all.....To people that say that Capcom moved to a new direction with RE4, you are ignorant and you should do your research before saying nonsense and looking like a fool.
    The first RE that was like this (with the solder camera/3rd person shooter) was "Resident Evil: Dead Aim" and it was released back in 2003.....yeah 10 years ago....
    Now about RE6...
    In general it's a great
    game, long game, great graphics, great story, great cut scenes, weapons, secrets, a lot of things to do and to complete,mini games, you drive various vehicles.....fun-fun-fun there is no doubt about that, and IT IS well made. Every single detail from the menu screen/UI to the music everything is well made.
    BUT
  91. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  92. Jan 18, 2013
    for me RE6 does not deserve the hate it has been receiving tho i kind of understand why. i have mixed feelings for this game. i hate the QTEs and how the whole series is more focused in the CoD crowd making the whole game an action shootemup fest with zombies, ridiculous scripted scenes, and explosions up the whazoo. but i still managed to play the game for 87hrs replaying chapters (mostly leon's) until i got my fave abilities up to lvl3 and ****..

for me rent the game first. imo the shooting and the movement is better than RE5 and mercs is addicting. it has a meaty campaign and tonnes of hours of gameplay (if you're into shooting up monsters and ****)

give it a chance it might surprise you.
  93. Jan 17, 2013
    Oh boy once again a prime example of change I have made a goty list for 2012 and you know what this game WAS on it well everyone gasp and ask why oh well let me tell you Resident evil fans first off the biggest complaint of all fast action paced false wrong not true at all no wrong this game is at the pace in which YOU make it leons first chapter took me 2 hours and yes of course theres fast paced sequences you are being chased by zombies and other creatures of course so stop it is nothing like gears or cod i find myself in most situations standing straight up and barley ever taking cover and as for moving and shooting you barley move so stop with that complaint its overused now on to the scare factor the horror aspect and im not talking playing this game with your bedroom light on like the gamespot critic did when he reviewed this game im talking no lights night outside a good sound system there are moments that are scary which nobody admits because of toughness factor in america yes it is more prevelant in leons campaign but being followed around by a large snake and your friend telling you not to move because its right behind you is pretty scary especially at night when the lights are off the story is not impressive the one flaw but it makes sense its not like there arent other games with average reapeted stories that succeed mostlly modern war games no names bottom line this game was poorly judged due to user incompetence and critics lack of wanting to be away from the crowd a good game try it for sure and make it what you want it to be Expand
  94. Jan 16, 2013
    awesome game better than all the previous ones :) it has some proplems here and there but they are nothing to complain about becaust what game nowadays does not have proplems ? Skyrim had a lot of glithes and to 1 complained so yh :) try re6 u will love it if u have an open mind :) enjoy
  95. Jan 6, 2013
    Just finished the Leon campaign thought it was ok and not as bad as people were making out not as scary as the original games but a lot better than running around in the desert as in the last one they even tried a couple of the old puzzles which i love and i would like more of them over all not as good as the first couple but not the worst worth a play.
  96. Jan 6, 2013
    Where is the horror genre had always RE in graphics I prefer Resident Evil 5 and the story is almost the same thing about a new virus that ultimately cure as ever. Lost the horror genre and gain more action, but for fans of resident evil 1,2 and 3 this game sucks
  97. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is "good". Not "amazing" or "unbelievable" - just "good". I recently finished up RE6 and left feeling unfulfilled. There are moments of awesomeness but then it's brought down lots of uninteresting, repetitive tasks. At times, I felt I was playing the dismal Operation Raccoon City where I had to go thru wave after wave of enemies just to proceed. And then there were moments that shined like navigating subway tunnels or being stalked by the Ustanak in ice caverns - but those were far and between. And those damn QTE events - c'mon! What is this - Heavy Rain?

I'm a huge RE fan, having played every game since the original PS game. I'm one of those fans who didn't think RE5 was horrible but could've been better. I know Capcom can still make a kick-ass RE game - as evident in RE: Revelations for the 3DS. Revelations was unbelievable game - showing us that RE can still be about atmosphere and building tension! But this game, on the other hand, is just "good".
  98. Dec 31, 2012
    I think people are so obsessed with punishing this series for no longer being true survival horror and punishing Capcom for being Capcom that they completely ignored the quality of this game. The multiple campaigns are really nice, the medals are a nice touch. The monsters are some of the best in the series. While I don't think Resident Evil 2 will ever be topped, and while RE5 could've been a lot better, I honestly think 6 has exceeded everything that was expected of it. Expand
  99. Dec 27, 2012
    While this game is different from other RE titles it is certainly leaps and bounds ahead of RE:ORC. Unfortunately a dry turd would top that game. RE6 is difficult at first, the controls feel awkward and there are way too many QTE segments, the game eventually grows on you. The graphics are top notch, the sound is great, and the story is decent enough. I found much to like in this game, the three main campaigns provide several hours of gameplay each and the mercenaries modes are as fun as always. The downside here is that this is NOT survival horror. Its more akin to Gears of War with Zombies. If that appeals to you then RE6 will be a perfect fit for you, if your an old school RE player than you'll be disappointed. I'm 42, I love RE (not Operation Racoon City) I liked 5 and I like 6. This game is getting far too many negative reviews because it is different from the games released on PS1 ten years ago. Face it people, RE grew up and evolved. Whether thats good or bad is a matter of preference and for me personally its good. Give this game a try, its way better than some of these reviews would lead you to believe. (I havent played the bonus campaign with ADA so I can't comment on that...yet). Expand
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh my, where to begin with the newest installment in the Resident Evil series. Let me just say that this game makes me nervous for the future of Resident Evil games. The developers have strayed so far from the games roots, it's almost as if Resident Evil is trying to be something it's not now.

I personally do not enjoy war type shooter games, and aside from Leon's campaign, that's
    pretty much what this game is, an all action shooter that looks like it was made by Michael Bay. It's just TOO over the top. Resident Evil is no longer the game I knew and loved. However, the developers straying too far from what the series is meant to is far from the only problem with them game.

Let's just start with some of the game glitches now. One of the most notable is in Leon's campaign where he's in the subway and has to avoid an oncoming train. Even if you're not even close to the train, a lot of the times you'll die anyway. One time I was playing and the train had already passed me completely and a few seconds later a cutscene showed of me getting hit by the train. And it sometimes happens over, and over, and over again. Very frustrating to say the least.

Then there's the customization in this game. I thought Resident Evil 4 and 5 handled this perfectly. Why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken is beyond me but they just ruined it in this one. You're allowed 3, yes, only 3 customization skills for your character, even though there's a ton to choose from. Sure you can make multiple sets for your skills but having to constantly swap them out gets very annoying after a while.

Then there's the gameplay itself. What was Capcom thinking while making this game!? This game is FILLED with way too many quick time events. Now if you're a fan of quick time events, this might not bother you as much but for me, it drove me nuts. And I'm not just talking about the QTE's when an enemy grabs you. You have to do a QTE to do almost everything in this game. I honestly don't mind a few here and there in a game but in this game you were doing one every few minutes or so. I mean really, is it necessary to have to do a QTE to open doors sometimes? Then the gameplay is always being interrupted by tiny little cutscenes every so often and really takes away from the mood of the game. This is especially most notable in Leon's first chapter.

After the first play through of this game I was severely bored of it. And I usually enjoy playing through the Resident Evil games multiple times because they're usually so fun! Perhaps it's because there's really nothing special to unlock in this Resident Evil unlike the older ones where you could unlock special weapons and costumes, so there's little to no motivation to play through the game a second time. That's right, even the signature infinite rocket launcher is absent from this game, for the first time in any main Resident Evil game. And there's no alternate costumes either.

The gameplay in my opinion, was just too dull, and yes too over the top at the same time.

Now the game isn't complete trash, but it's very far from amazing too. It's better than Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City at least. I do however regret paying the full $60 for this game when it was first released. I wouldn't pay any more than $40 for this.

It's a real shame too. When I had learned that zombies were making a return in this game, I thought for sure this would be the ultimate modern day Resident Evil game but unfortunately not even the zombies return could help this game too much.

Overall, I give it a 4/10. It's just not what I would expect from one of my favorite video game series, and an AAA series at that. Better luck next time Capcom. You guys have some serious planning to do if you don't want to run this series into the ground. Take my advice Capcom, stop trying to cater to the people who feel every game should be an over the top michael bay war shooter game.
  101. May 15, 2013

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.