7.8

1. Nov 10, 2011
    The fact this game has HD in the title is an insult. I love Code Veronica and had it on Dreamcast, then bought it again when it came out on PS2. So the thought of RE:CV having HD visuals was worth it (to me) to buy this game yet again. Well...I can't quite voice my true disappointment. This is a terrible port and a very obvious attempt to just cash-in. I'm not exaggerating when I say thisThe fact this game has HD in the title is an insult. I love Code Veronica and had it on Dreamcast, then bought it again when it came out on PS2. So the thought of RE:CV having HD visuals was worth it (to me) to buy this game yet again. Well...I can't quite voice my true disappointment. This is a terrible port and a very obvious attempt to just cash-in. I'm not exaggerating when I say this barely looks better than it did on PS2...even with the blurred up hardware acceleration the textures still manage to look horrible. This game is also insanely difficult...so anyone who has only played recent RE installments will likely be turned off by this. It's got a great story even though it has a few of my most hated RE characters of all time...(Alfred Ashford and the incredibly annoying Steve...I NEVER thought he was funny...some people do, but not me...I always found him incredibly annoying and stupid)...the bottom line is this game is completely overpriced...if you still have a PS2 (or backwards compatible PS3) you can probably find the PS2 version for $5-$10 and it's the exact same game even in terms of graphics and game play really. This should have been $10. Expand

1. When Code Veronica was released on the Dreamcast in 2000, it was an amazing game. Today it feels outdated, especially after the changes Resident Evil 4 brought to the series. [Nov 2011, p.97]
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    It's going to be off-putting for newcomers because it's an awkward mess in the context of modern gaming's drive for slick controls but regardless, it's strangely familiar and reminiscent of a different era for everyone else. [Issue#211, p.99]
  3. Moments of horror glimmer among the frustration. [Dec 2011, p.108]