Resistance 2 PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Nov 4, 2008
6.1

Mixed or average reviews- based on 1907 Ratings

1. Jun 18, 2017
    i've played now, in June of 2017, for the first time. It is an impressive and grandiloquent game. very high end graphics and much, much better in all senses than killzone 2. killzone 2 has bad graphics for a newer game than resistance 2, maybe because was the first incursion of killzone into the ps3, but even the gameplay is repetitive and stupid, just going into cover to cover and aimingi've played now, in June of 2017, for the first time. It is an impressive and grandiloquent game. very high end graphics and much, much better in all senses than killzone 2. killzone 2 has bad graphics for a newer game than resistance 2, maybe because was the first incursion of killzone into the ps3, but even the gameplay is repetitive and stupid, just going into cover to cover and aiming on the hordes of enemies that pops on the screen. Going back to resistance 2, the Chicago level are, indeed, an ispiration that Naughty Dog took for The Last of Us. The level design, i mean, the "set desining, art direction and props" is not good. The game feels like taking place in nowadays, not in 1953. The buildings and wooden houses in small cities are very like today houses, and Chicago level it is like the same of today. Just the cars, but excluding the vans, are a very piece of old times. I gave an grade 9 or 9.1, but it is below the 9.4 i gave for Resistance Fall of Man. The first installment doesn't have tense music and terror moments like this one, but is a more unique game, with good 50's architecture, music and sound effects more memorable. i don't know why they took away the heatlh system and put a adrenaline stuff in resistance 2, but it is amazing to see a small glowing yellow cannister and hear the sound of when you take one. One big issue, in my opinion, about resistance 2 is because has too much things happening on the screen in a lot of moments, like killzone 2 and uncharted 2; a lot of stuff exploding, a lot of soldiers dying and parallel events occurring, it is difficult to concentrate on your character. Expand
  2. Apr 2, 2016
    Great gunplay, fun weapons, a solid campaign with a tight narrative and fast-paced combat, meaning, you can die quickly but so do enemies. One of the essential arcadey singleplayer-centric FPS's of the time along with its sequel and the Killzone series.
  3. Feb 19, 2016
    Resistance 2 is a fun and enjoyable FPS and proves to be a worthy sequel to RFoM (Resistance: Fall of Man). R2 is much more intense and all the battles are bigger and better than the original. I loved the settings of San Francisco, Chicago, and Louisiana in this game and how they were incorporated into the overall story. This was one of the most fun single person campaigns that I have goneResistance 2 is a fun and enjoyable FPS and proves to be a worthy sequel to RFoM (Resistance: Fall of Man). R2 is much more intense and all the battles are bigger and better than the original. I loved the settings of San Francisco, Chicago, and Louisiana in this game and how they were incorporated into the overall story. This was one of the most fun single person campaigns that I have gone through. Expand
  4. Feb 18, 2016
    Dont believe the sheeples. Restistance 2 is a good game, you should pick it up today, not because I say so, but because you owe it to yourself to check it out yourself before you believe the others.
  5. Dec 18, 2015
    Awesome game. The storyline is top notch and the level design really sets it apart from a lot of other games on the PS3. The multiplayer modes are good as well and the musical score weaved throughout the campaign is some of the best I've heard yet in a shooter. My only qualm with the game was that I thought the graphics weren't much better than the first resistance, and the swarm levelAwesome game. The storyline is top notch and the level design really sets it apart from a lot of other games on the PS3. The multiplayer modes are good as well and the musical score weaved throughout the campaign is some of the best I've heard yet in a shooter. My only qualm with the game was that I thought the graphics weren't much better than the first resistance, and the swarm level didn't really fit the rest of the story. Besides that though you'll love the epic boss battles as well as the clever enemy AI and spectacular weapons design. A must play for sure for any true shooter fan. Expand
  6. Sep 3, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno en la historia y la jugabilidad la música me parece apropiada para algunos momentos las muertes nos enojan a mas de uno el multijugador no tengo nada que decir simplemente no funciona el cooperativo es una broma la conexión con resistance retribution de psp no funciona
    y aparte de vez en cuando los controles no responden
  7. Jul 26, 2014
    This was by far my favourite game on PS3 and the nearest FPS to get near the Half Life series. Wish it would come over to PS4, then I would have some use for the console.
  8. Jun 13, 2014
    I love this game and I recommend it to any one, its got a great action-horror atmosphere and lovely graphics. The fact that this game is more linear and only allows you to carry two guns doesn't mean the game sucks , each and every gun is cool in its own way and especially the enemies and the co-op system is another great way for every one to enjoy the game and its story.
  9. Apr 6, 2014
    The best console shooter i've played. Neat setting, cool guns, nice story, giant bosses. Enjoying multiplayer (too bad it's pulled off on 8th of april, but you can sstil try to play splitscreen co-op).

It has some strange nods to CoD with 2 weapon slots, but there are always few guns lying under your feet. And health regen, well, no big deal. If you haven't played Resistance games,

If you haven't played Resistance games, it's probably best to start with the 1st to keep up with the story.
  10. Mar 29, 2014
    Resistance 2 is a landmark game for the PS3. The atmosphere and universe is great the bosses are epic and the weapons are unique. This is one of those games that balance single and multiplayer too so there is plenty to do when the single player is over.
  11. Mar 4, 2014
    Should u still give this a shot in 2014? If u haven't played already, u'll miss out on one of the finest FPS ever!

The story feels disconnected, the cut-scenes are crap and I really didn't care about the characters (Nathan Hale = having Drake's name and looks like Cole, but nowhere near likable as them). That is literally the Only complain about the game. Everything else is a blast!

Everything else is a blast! The variety is what impressed me the most. The game-play sections, guns (so cool!) and enemy types and boss fights which include Titans, Sharks, Zombies, Dinosaurs, Krakens and a goddamn Godzilla (they're just Chimeras, I'm just giving names! ). Both Ally and Enemy AI are superb with actual help from allies and the enemies using cover and flanking. Graphics considering it's from 2008 still stand out beautifully especially the environments.

On top of the mind-blowing campaign, is the enjoyable multiplayer with up to 64 players (yes, 64 on PS3 back in '08) which surprisingly is still active!

The game literally screams Epic right from the moment u pick up the box with one of the best cover arts I've seen! Another PS3 Exclusive that is pure quality! It's a shame that Insomniac Games is now working on an XBox One exclusive, but I still hope Resistance 4 will come on PS4!

Verdict : 9.5/10
  12. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is truly epic! More enemies, better guns, updated game mechanics. Let's start with the core gameplay. One thing I did not like about this was the sudden change of the gun system. In Fall of Man and Resistance Retribution (PSP), once you pick up a gun, it's yours to keep forever. Here, they removed that and made it more like Call of Duty. You can now sprint (something you couldn'tThis game is truly epic! More enemies, better guns, updated game mechanics. Let's start with the core gameplay. One thing I did not like about this was the sudden change of the gun system. In Fall of Man and Resistance Retribution (PSP), once you pick up a gun, it's yours to keep forever. Here, they removed that and made it more like Call of Duty. You can now sprint (something you couldn't do in FoM and Retribution) and you can only carry two guns at a time.I guess that's not a bad thing, but I played this game the second after I completed the first, and the wacky controls surprised me.

Storywise, the Chimera have gotten stronger, and now have giant airships capable of leveling cities. How Hale escaped London alive is a mystery (but it probably can be answered via ingame intel and the wiki).
    In my opinion, the Chimera have become almost godlike. Fall of Man showed that their survival depended on humans, or they would not be able to produce any more soldiers, but in Resistance 2, they seem to have gotten past the Conversion problem. There are also a hell of a lot more non-humanoid creatures. The damn spinners, chameleons, krakens and more. I also don't like how they removed the cutscenes which explains what is happening (and narrated by a soothing british accent). Resistance 2 and Retribution came out at almost the same time (hooking your PSP up to the PS3 with R2 gives your PSP game extra stuff), yet they are completely different.

Regarding weapons, the Auger is far more powerful than it was before. You can see your enemies from behind walls, the bullets are much faster and deal far more damage. There are also new guns that really should have been in Retribution, but were left out.

Regardless, a fantastic sequel!
  13. Dec 21, 2013
    I enjoyed playing this game more than the first one, mainly because the campaign was much more epic. The number of enemies and amount of action going on at any one time is tremendous and really pulls you into feeling like you are in a war. Fighting huge enemy bosses was also very cool, reminds me of old school games. The story was a nice continuation from the first game and the graphicsI enjoyed playing this game more than the first one, mainly because the campaign was much more epic. The number of enemies and amount of action going on at any one time is tremendous and really pulls you into feeling like you are in a war. Fighting huge enemy bosses was also very cool, reminds me of old school games. The story was a nice continuation from the first game and the graphics and sound are a lot better.

There are some changes I didn't care for. I missed the gun wheel, the health packs, and the loss of vehicle play. These made resistance 2 feel more like other games. Other than that I really enjoyed everything else about the game and continue to highly recommend it.
  14. Sep 29, 2013
    "Resistance 2" en mi opinión tuvo la capacidad de afrontar la nueva generación, después de una encantadora primera parte ("Fall of Man"). Si gustan del género de videojuegos ciencia ficción y first person shooter, te prometo que será bienvenido a tu colección de juegos de PlayStation 3. Alrededor del juego hay muchas sorpresas y sin hablar del final que es excelente. Por otro lado, un"Resistance 2" en mi opinión tuvo la capacidad de afrontar la nueva generación, después de una encantadora primera parte ("Fall of Man"). Si gustan del género de videojuegos ciencia ficción y first person shooter, te prometo que será bienvenido a tu colección de juegos de PlayStation 3. Alrededor del juego hay muchas sorpresas y sin hablar del final que es excelente. Por otro lado, un multijugador excelente y uno de mis juegos favoritos del año 2008. Expand
  15. May 28, 2013
    After Resistance FoM, I was hoping this game would be really good and capture the same feel as the first one. Did it fully capture it? For the most part yes. The story was wonderfully put together, with great characters, plot, set pieces, and AI.
    The MP was of course of the chains. With the massive matches going on and crazy clan battles, the game was great. The new COOP experience was great as well. The only down side was the lack of support by Insomniac. No new COOP DLC, and well over priced maps for MP. But there was no incentive to get those DLCs.
    Aside from that, the problems that existed were with the somewhat cartoonish graphics, bodies exploding in to the chunks of intestines and organs, no arms or legs, those were rare when it came to certain enemies. In Multiplayer there were only organs all over the place. The fire physics and textures in this installment were terrible. The did a great job on the water physics. To some people these are laughable things to pick on, but when you are looking for a good looking game, these things count.
    Over all the game was enjoyable, great story, great graphics, characters you could relate and care about.
    There was a lot of hate on this game because it was nothing like Resistance Fall of Man. But truthfully it was more of a Resistance title than Resistance 3.
  16. May 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience. Expand
  17. May 15, 2013
    This game is an improvement on the first one. Its more epic with some new Chimera enemy types that are awesome. The story is more interesting as well adding a few new plot twists to the original first game that are pretty interesting. The gameplay is good to and the great weapon design is back with a new and improved Auger, possibly one of my favourite guns in gaming. There is somethingThis game is an improvement on the first one. Its more epic with some new Chimera enemy types that are awesome. The story is more interesting as well adding a few new plot twists to the original first game that are pretty interesting. The gameplay is good to and the great weapon design is back with a new and improved Auger, possibly one of my favourite guns in gaming. There is something wrong though, where the original seperated itself more from the norm this feels more generic. You can now only carry two guns at a time and your health regenerates more like a conventional FPS. Also to enjoy this you have to be patient, even on the normal setting this game can be difficult in places, especially the last level. Overall than a great game that is a bit better than the first Expand
  18. Apr 12, 2013
    Dont be fooled by the poor user rating this game is a solid 8.5 to 9.0. Great frame rate, very nice graphics and good control. I was pleasantly supprised by this game. I would have rated in higher with maybe more weapon upgrades. More open level design, this is a very linear game it's main downfall in my opinion. I will say the single play is a lot of fun, you will most likely want toDont be fooled by the poor user rating this game is a solid 8.5 to 9.0. Great frame rate, very nice graphics and good control. I was pleasantly supprised by this game. I would have rated in higher with maybe more weapon upgrades. More open level design, this is a very linear game it's main downfall in my opinion. I will say the single play is a lot of fun, you will most likely want to finish this game. I have spent a small amount of time on the multiplayer so far it's above average. I have not played it enough to form a solid opion. You can pick this game up cheap at gamestop used well worth it. Expand
  19. Mar 25, 2013
    8-Presentation; The story is not as good as the first game, but the menu's are well laid out and easy to navigate.
    9.5-Graphics; Beautiful art style, amazing models and textures, and amazing scope.
    10-Sound; The music, sfx, and voice acting is excellent. 9-Game play; The AI is much better this time around, but no vehicle segments sadly. However, the mechanics are so well done.
    10-Sound; The music, sfx, and voice acting is excellent.
    9-Lasting appeal; Single player, co-op, and multiplayer will take forever to unlock everything you can.
    Overall-9/10
  20. Dec 27, 2012
    i discovered resistance 3 by accident, so i decided to play resistance 1 and resistance 2 as well. there is no way this game sucks. it was more fun than the other 2, and i liked them as well. but this game had so much fun stuff in it with the monsters and the vehicles. maybe i am naive, but i definitely see some haters and trolls knocking this game beyond a reasonable complaint. ifi discovered resistance 3 by accident, so i decided to play resistance 1 and resistance 2 as well. there is no way this game sucks. it was more fun than the other 2, and i liked them as well. but this game had so much fun stuff in it with the monsters and the vehicles. maybe i am naive, but i definitely see some haters and trolls knocking this game beyond a reasonable complaint. if you are like me and are searching for a new game that you haven't played that doesn't suck, this is one fun game. Expand
  21. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is much better then the second one. I disagree with all the negative reviews here. Gears of war is too stupid for me to get into. This however is much better.
  22. Jul 22, 2012
    Loved the game.

If only there was 8 player co-op, and 64-player multi-player on Resistance 3 I would of got it... Its like if they Zombies from Call of Duty - worst choice ever.
  23. Jun 17, 2012
    Resistance series is a bit different than today's popular FPS "format", it has an interesting old school feeling, especially if you are the kind of gamer that enjoyed older but great PC shooters. Don't get it if you expect a modern war or a realistic shooter, expect an intense sci-fi/horror/military game with great and interesting weapons and scenery. The downside of R2 is the fact you areResistance series is a bit different than today's popular FPS "format", it has an interesting old school feeling, especially if you are the kind of gamer that enjoyed older but great PC shooters. Don't get it if you expect a modern war or a realistic shooter, expect an intense sci-fi/horror/military game with great and interesting weapons and scenery. The downside of R2 is the fact you are not able to carry all the guns you got like you can in the first and the third games of the series and the inclusion of complete regenerative health system. It would be better in my opinion if health system and weapon inventory in R2 worked just like they work in R:FoM and the brilliant Resistance3.
    But anyway, Resistance 2 is great gaming experience for what it is, intense moments, great boss battles, huge scope and an interesting "old school" aura.
    Competitive multiplayer in this game can be fun and is much more intense and faster than most today's shooters. The cooperative gameplay with its leveling system and specific maps and bosses is a positive and unique addition, a bit different than it is expected from the genre but fun nonetheless.
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    great game! I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  25. Mar 6, 2012
    What a great game... I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every PS3 owner gamer out there.
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    Amazing game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  27. Dec 27, 2011
    I don't know what all the complaining is about with this game. I guess people were just a little spoilt with the first one. Let me just comment on each of the complaints:

(1) "The AI is weak". Well to be honest I have not found a shooter yet with particularly strong AI - HALO 1-3 included (shock horror) (2) "It looks poor and jerky". What on EARTH are you lot on about?? It looks

(2) "It looks poor and jerky". What on EARTH are you lot on about?? It looks impressive to me, and I see no slow down even in massive battles - just like the first.

(3) "The story is weak". Well I am sorry to say that 95% of the games I have played the story is a bit weak. In fact most FPS games the story is week, and is just a mechanism to introduce action set peices. Sorry but it's true.

(4) "Can only carry 2 weapons". GOOD I say. There was too much choice in the first one. Makes the whole thing tighter and feels better for it. Lets face it you generally have two favoured guns you always use in just about every shooter.

So after all that, I think it is a good solid FPS game. Pinches bits from other games and films, but then show my a game that doesn't. It can feel a bit run of the mill at times, but come on!! At least ten hours of gameplay and you want show stopper every minute - get real. There are plenty of scenes where you just have to stop and marvel as the scale and artwork are quite breathtaking. A great game to while away a dark night, with a few shocks and "WOW" moments on the way. Deffinately worth a go, and a must if you have played the first and inted to play the third!!
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    Very good game with a great story. Story is well written and a definite improvement over the last game in the series. Lots of fun weapons to play with, but the weapon wheel has been replace by the two weapon system found in most games. Lots of variety in levels and enemies, resulting in an unpredictable and thrilling experience. Co-op is great in this game and gives you a leveling systemVery good game with a great story. Story is well written and a definite improvement over the last game in the series. Lots of fun weapons to play with, but the weapon wheel has been replace by the two weapon system found in most games. Lots of variety in levels and enemies, resulting in an unpredictable and thrilling experience. Co-op is great in this game and gives you a leveling system which will keep you playing for a good amount of time. Multiplayer is better than ever with big team matches and lots of unlocks and upgrades to keep you entertained. Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    My favourite game on the PS3! Its well presented with a strong and captivating storyline, one of the few games that sucks you in so much at you REALLY dont want to die, as if there are real implications if you do. Brilliant, loved it! not trading this one in ;)
  30. Oct 3, 2011
    This game is very intense and has an incredible "old school feel" without being dated.
    After I experienced the game I totally agree with Classic Game Room's review (check it on youtube) and I truly believe Resistance is a underrated game series. I am not a big fun of modern military FPS, but as an older gamer I enjoyed sci-fi, horror, comedy and more unique FPSs for years and because of that, Resistance and Bioshock brought back my interest and enjoyment with shooters.
    Intense shooting and interesting story, huge and expressive bosses and creatures, that "60's sci-fi movies feel", epic battles and an incredible multiplayer (it would be even better if the game had more popularity) are details that make Resistance 2 a pretty good game in my opinion.
  31. Sep 27, 2011
    pretty good game. very good multiplayer!
  32. Jul 28, 2011
    Insomniac seems that they are starting to surpass greatness to bastardizing creativeness. While their sequel to one of the most important series in the PS3 isn't a bang, explosive thrill or amazing war, their acknowledge to make a nice shooter ( better than before) set them high. Resistance 2 doesn't change to much gameplay, graphics ( lacking) etc. Very dated details kills theInsomniac seems that they are starting to surpass greatness to bastardizing creativeness. While their sequel to one of the most important series in the PS3 isn't a bang, explosive thrill or amazing war, their acknowledge to make a nice shooter ( better than before) set them high. Resistance 2 doesn't change to much gameplay, graphics ( lacking) etc. Very dated details kills the environment , lifeless compared to other shooters, though , not very negative, sometimes graphics power force isn't necessary in some cases, although, it makes it more believable. Apart from minor flaws, is worth the trip. Expand
  33. Apr 29, 2011
    I know the game is very old by now, but I was browsing the site and couldn't believe this low score. The single player game was great. Very fun, and at times rather scary. While the story wasn't perfect, I disagree that it was just "see this bad guy and kill him". I thought it was very playable and enjoyable. The multiplayer was average at best and was the real shortcoming of theI know the game is very old by now, but I was browsing the site and couldn't believe this low score. The single player game was great. Very fun, and at times rather scary. While the story wasn't perfect, I disagree that it was just "see this bad guy and kill him". I thought it was very playable and enjoyable. The multiplayer was average at best and was the real shortcoming of the game. BUT the single player made it worth the cost alone. I will be purchasing Resistance 3 simply because I liked this game so much. Expand
  34. Mar 16, 2011
    the game it self is good. the story was probably the best because the ending was good. it felt like a movie. but the story mode lacked the awesomness that the first had. they changed a lot from the first one. right now the olny reason to buy it is to continue the story. the online community is probably a fraction of what it was.
  35. Mar 3, 2011
    While not perfect, it is still one of the best shooters on PS3. The online modes are phenomenal, and the campaign has an excellent storyline. While many gamers prefer the first one, I stand by my statement that the second Resistance is a definite improvement. With very few glitches and well balanced gameplay, I would not recommend passing up on Resistance 2.
  36. Dec 19, 2010
    I recently decided to play through this after completing RFoM again, and I cannot understand the hate it is getting. Many complain about how the atmosphere has been "ruined" without the narrator and that some colour has been injected into the game. Personally, RFoM was too bleak in parts and it is not like R2 is trying to impersonate LittleBigPlanet with some of the lighting and colouringI recently decided to play through this after completing RFoM again, and I cannot understand the hate it is getting. Many complain about how the atmosphere has been "ruined" without the narrator and that some colour has been injected into the game. Personally, RFoM was too bleak in parts and it is not like R2 is trying to impersonate LittleBigPlanet with some of the lighting and colouring in it. Insomniac have added depth to the visual field - parts are still bleak but others now feel livelier, and it suits the game. (Not to mention the graphics are MUCH improved, -aside from the odd poor texture on trees and fires-anyone who argues the graphics in RFoM are better seriously needs their head examined) The narrator of the first game was used as it was recounting the story, in R2 it is not from a future perspective - and for me this works better for the events in the campaign, you should not criticize the game for something which makes such little difference and something the developers obviously thought suited one game and not the other. On the campaign, I believe the story is highly captivating, even if Hale is not the most charismatic lead. The enormous plot twists and some of the intricacies of the plot could have been better explained, but reading the intel that is scattered throughout the game certainly helps fill in most of the gaps. The sci-fi story of the Resistance series has me gripped, and I for one find it more interesting than the Michael Bay-inspired COD series. As for gameplay, while there may not be anything in the way of innovation, the experience is still highly enjoyable. Chimera are a tad easier to kill than in the previous instalment (to anyone who complains of being killed constantly; there is an "Easy" setting) and yes, the levels may be linear, but what good FPS can truly claim to be non-linear? For a developer such as Insomniac which prides itself on its story-telling, a degree of linearity has to be enforced. Those who complain about the industry standard health regen system being used in this are fools. If anything, that system is more suited to this franchise than ANY other game on the market, due to Hale's natural ability to heal himself. The health regen system is out of place in COD, yet no one complains? The controls in this game are much more intuitive than the original, R3 to aim down the sights was horrendously awkward and has been replaced by the much more comfortable L1, secondary fire has sensibly been moved to R2 and the addition of a sprint function (L2) was also welcome. A few gripes: as many have mentioned, boss battles, while spectacular, are rather formulaic, and the removal of the weapon wheel took out some of the strategy from the first game which I enjoyed so much. The single player experience is a lot better than some make it out to be, and requires a certain level of commitment and contextual understanding to enjoy, I feel. The lack of campaign co-op was obviously a big blow but that impact was lessened by the slew of online modes. I thought the multiplayer was the weakest part of the game, while enjoyable, something about the competitive mode just didn't feel intense enough, and the co-op online mode became fairly repetitive. Reducing the scale of the multiplayer slightly would help in future instalments. Overall R2 was a game I enjoyed greatly - I am hooked by the series' storyline and cannot wait to see its conclusion, and the scale of this game just blew me away. Both the single-player and multiplayer need some minor tweaks but otherwise this (and it's predecessor) are both must have games if you have a PS3. Expand
  37. Dec 12, 2010
    I don't understand what all the hate's for. I had a great time with this game. A HUGE improvement over the 1st one. Single player is great and the co op mode is alot of fun when you have a team that's working together well. Competitive online mode isn't the best out their but still managed to suck countless hours of play time from me.
  38. Sep 27, 2010
    the first game was alot of fun the second one is and has some improvements over the first but also some things that make it not as fun as the first. the biggest issue i had was the halo gun carrying BS you went from holding a arsonal to now just 2 guns??? why?! i liked it the way it was before. plus they removed some guns and grenades . no more backlash grenades ... sucks. i dont want thisthe first game was alot of fun the second one is and has some improvements over the first but also some things that make it not as fun as the first. the biggest issue i had was the halo gun carrying BS you went from holding a arsonal to now just 2 guns??? why?! i liked it the way it was before. plus they removed some guns and grenades . no more backlash grenades ... sucks. i dont want this game to be like Halo cause i **** HATE HALO! if i wanted to play that trash id play it on my 360 . the game does add some cool new features first the online is now fun the addition of 64 players in a match looks sweet and runs great ive seen very little lag . this is the first online PS3 game since the first motor storm ive enjoyed . the boss battles are just sick looking they are just freeking HUGE! the story is ok but nothing really feels like its been answered much . you get alittle new info on the chimera but not as much as i woulda hoped . this game also needs CO op srory mode . they have a co op mode but its more like the horde mode in Gears 2 it is kinda fun but id rather have the other. its a fun game but some may be more digruntled then me with the story mode but the online saved it for me. Expand
  39. EaterP
    Mar 14, 2010
    This game deserves a 9 if you haven't played the first, and a 7 if you have. Resistance 2 is an epic game. Its got massive set pieces, huge (although extremely easy) bosses, a large variety of awesome weapons and an amazing multiplayer. The reason for the split-score is that it just feels too disconnected from the first game. The story is all over the place and they have introduced This game deserves a 9 if you haven't played the first, and a 7 if you have. Resistance 2 is an epic game. Its got massive set pieces, huge (although extremely easy) bosses, a large variety of awesome weapons and an amazing multiplayer. The reason for the split-score is that it just feels too disconnected from the first game. The story is all over the place and they have introduced new characters and story elements that just dont fit with the first game at all. However If you have never played the first game this shouldnt be a problem. Also the graphics can be a bit iffy sometimes but who cares, this game is massive and the multiplayer is really, really good. I give it an 8 overall as I have played the first and i couldnt really get into it but i dont want to put off any newcomers to the resistance game because they are both great, if a little disjointed. Expand
  40. RodgeM.
    Jan 29, 2010
    I love this game. The RPG part where you gain XP, level up and get improved abilities, weapons and armor adds to the game play. The campaign is fun, not least after a few runs so you know the maps and enemies. I've enjoyed every mode in the campaign several times, incl. superhuman. The co op is also fun, given the rest of the group know their jobs. The competitive is very fast paced I love this game. The RPG part where you gain XP, level up and get improved abilities, weapons and armor adds to the game play. The campaign is fun, not least after a few runs so you know the maps and enemies. I've enjoyed every mode in the campaign several times, incl. superhuman. The co op is also fun, given the rest of the group know their jobs. The competitive is very fast paced and "chaotic" but seems to offer a lot of fun. Haven't played much there yet. Collecting trophies adds lot of fun imho. I've met quite a few female players in the game, and the comp. mode offers female avatars/characters, but not the co op. Wish the co op would have more characters also, incl, female characters. Bottom line: R2 offers a lot of fun with hours and hours of FPS action, and you can meet some pretty nice people in co op. And, they sell for $30 used now. That's a LOT of fun for $30! Expand
  41. Zooeyb
    Jan 23, 2010
    Overall it's a nice package, but the single player does drag on a little to much, and the ending is confusing. But the multiplayer is where the game is at, and the graphicsfor the single player were really good. Get it if you like shooting shit up !!!
  42. solf
    Jan 20, 2010
    decent story ok but carectors not so good .onlne ok but the co ops realygood except for one thing that its only 2 player offline which sucks because you need at least three players for a compleat team of a metic for healing asoldier for suppresing fier and shielding and a special opps for ammo
  43. JEFFD
    Jan 18, 2010
    How could you hate this game its one of the best games out there today and prefer it over MW2. I really enjoyed the first resistance and this one is way better. I cant wait for resistance 3 it will be the best ame of all time.
  44. MikeS
    Jan 17, 2010
    I Don't Uncerstand How This Has Acquired Such A Low User Score. This Is A Great Title, With An Interesting Storyline, Despite The Bland Characters. It Features Interesting Enimies And Stellar Boss Fights Along With Some Pretty Neat Graphics. Don't Let Anybody Tell You Otherwise. Not Forgetting The 60 Player Multiplayer, Which Is The Most Players You Can Chuck Into An FPS, At I Don't Uncerstand How This Has Acquired Such A Low User Score. This Is A Great Title, With An Interesting Storyline, Despite The Bland Characters. It Features Interesting Enimies And Stellar Boss Fights Along With Some Pretty Neat Graphics. Don't Let Anybody Tell You Otherwise. Not Forgetting The 60 Player Multiplayer, Which Is The Most Players You Can Chuck Into An FPS, At Least Until MAG Arrives. Expand
  45. JCS
    Nov 4, 2009
    IMO this game doesn't deserve more than an 8.5 or 85 score... Even 87 feels like pushing it. Often have I toyed with the thought of this game becoming PS3's iconic shooter alongside Killzone 2, hence allowing Sony to face Microsoft's Halo 3, Gears of War etc. with a certain degree of credibility, but it finally didn't live up to my expectations, and those of countless IMO this game doesn't deserve more than an 8.5 or 85 score... Even 87 feels like pushing it. Often have I toyed with the thought of this game becoming PS3's iconic shooter alongside Killzone 2, hence allowing Sony to face Microsoft's Halo 3, Gears of War etc. with a certain degree of credibility, but it finally didn't live up to my expectations, and those of countless others. It is simply a pretty average shooter, with decent graphics, decent game-play, decent modes... Decent. Nothing more and nothing less. On a "darker" note: The story-line is extremely unoriginal and the game-play can become quite repetitive. Expand
  46. DerrickR
    Nov 1, 2009
    At the moment this game has a user score of 5.7, which I feel it does not deserve. The low score is due to the major changes from the first game. Basically everything is different, from the mood to the color palate (which I am not a fan of) to health regeneration and reduced weapon selection (also not a fan of). The first Resistance game had awesome single-player and decent online. This At the moment this game has a user score of 5.7, which I feel it does not deserve. The low score is due to the major changes from the first game. Basically everything is different, from the mood to the color palate (which I am not a fan of) to health regeneration and reduced weapon selection (also not a fan of). The first Resistance game had awesome single-player and decent online. This one has a decent campaign and fantastic online, with both co-op and competitive components. Therefore if you don't have a good internet connection then you will be disappointed. However, the online play is the best I have ever come across (I've logged more than 600 hours in it), and I actually enjoyed having to figure out the story instead of getting it handed to me. Hopefully in the third installment of this trilogy Insomniac returns the great campaign of the first game and fuses it with the awesome online of the second game. My actual score would be a 87. Expand
  47. AndreaDeV
    Oct 26, 2009
    Simply fantastic stor. Amazing multiplyaer. Very good graphics. Make this game a must have 4 all ps3 owners.
  48. JonB.
    Oct 2, 2009
    Resistance 2 is one of my favorite games on the ps3 ever. The graphics are amazing and truely show the power of the ps3. The story is better the campain, while short, is still enjoyable with more weapons to handle and destroy the chimera. The bosses are really fun and the leviathan fight really made you feel like that part was like a movie. The teanse feel and you feel more for hale in Resistance 2 is one of my favorite games on the ps3 ever. The graphics are amazing and truely show the power of the ps3. The story is better the campain, while short, is still enjoyable with more weapons to handle and destroy the chimera. The bosses are really fun and the leviathan fight really made you feel like that part was like a movie. The teanse feel and you feel more for hale in this game. Also online really rules and is amazing. I can go on a 60 player math and with no lag. Co-op is addicting and really fun. Especially leveling up your classes. Insomniac Games amazing job can't wait for resistance 3. Expand
  49. TobyK
    Sep 23, 2009
    this game suffers from severe halo 3 syndrome. whilst the campaign (purely in terms of story) is a little weak, the online multiplayer (including a revolutionary new target-based *skirmish* system) feels very together and sorted. its plays excellently, with a heavy creepy atmosphere as I came to expect from the original resistance, and although the storyline is a bit confusing and has the this game suffers from severe halo 3 syndrome. whilst the campaign (purely in terms of story) is a little weak, the online multiplayer (including a revolutionary new target-based *skirmish* system) feels very together and sorted. its plays excellently, with a heavy creepy atmosphere as I came to expect from the original resistance, and although the storyline is a bit confusing and has the worst cliffhanger ending EVER, the online multiplayer is one of the best I have ever experienced. Expand
  50. AdamM.
    Jun 14, 2009
    Resistance 2 is a very enjoyable game that I would recommend to any ps3 owner, but the game is far from perfect. I have to say the biggest let down in the game is the poor single player experience, it only took me about 12 hours to complete it on the hardest difficulty. Also the actual story is amazingly boring compared to resistance , you do come across some brilliant bosses but even Resistance 2 is a very enjoyable game that I would recommend to any ps3 owner, but the game is far from perfect. I have to say the biggest let down in the game is the poor single player experience, it only took me about 12 hours to complete it on the hardest difficulty. Also the actual story is amazingly boring compared to resistance , you do come across some brilliant bosses but even they are ruined by the fact that they aer not at all challanging. The only reason you would to play through the campaign is because of brilliant and exciting gameplay. But the shining star of this game is the exceptional online play. In competive you get your standerd deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag (core control), but the game type I found most enjoyable was the skirmish mode. It is basicly a Killzone 2 type match with the revolving missions scheme.Some people have said that 60 players online is just abosolute choas and to be honest it is but that what makes the game such a unique experince. Coopretive is the newest online mode to the resistance series and proberbly is the most enjoyable and rewarding mode. Basicly you have a team of eight players and you can choose to be one of three classes, soldier,special ops or a medic. This mode unlike its competitive counterpart is quite tatical because you have to get the right balance of clases in a team. One the main reasons I found this mode so enjoyable is due to the fact that you will face hunderds of chimera in one small block of a mission and that is extremely exciting. My closing comment is if you are looking for a new online experience away from the likes of call of duty buy this game, but don' t buy it if you are looking for a deep an challenging single player experince. Expand
  51. anthonyH
    Jun 13, 2009
    this game is just amazing :)
    the campaign is excellent, dynamic gameplay, gorgoues visual graphics, and there is alot of variety of weapons and eneimes. The enviorments are highly detailed, boss battles are amazing.

I don't see how this is a 5.7 out of 10
    you'd be crazy to rate it that low :(

there is alot of creativy, and it sure is just pure fun
  52. NikolaiB
    May 19, 2009
    Resistance 2 is probably one of the most impressive games on consoles out now. With both variety in both gameplay and story Resistance includes almost everything that made the Fall of Man great and much more. Graphics have improved and the scope in both story and the missions is widened. I do feel that Resistance 2 may have lost some of the prequels dark feeling, but the Chimera is as Resistance 2 is probably one of the most impressive games on consoles out now. With both variety in both gameplay and story Resistance includes almost everything that made the Fall of Man great and much more. Graphics have improved and the scope in both story and the missions is widened. I do feel that Resistance 2 may have lost some of the prequels dark feeling, but the Chimera is as terrefying foe as before. Multiplayer is even bigger than before and suprisingly without much chaos with 64 players at the same time. Every FPS fan and Playstation 3 owner should get this game, not because you like one console better then the other, but because Resistance 2 is an improved version of an already great game. Expand
  53. JoshA
    May 17, 2009
    Amazing game good improvements on the last such as the graphics and online mode and co-op amazing amazing game.
  54. JoeB
    May 2, 2009
    I came to the PS3 a little late and the first 2 games i got were risistence fall of man and resistence 2. Fall of man was amazing but needs some improvents in the next game and when i finally played resistence 2, i was amazed. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty close, the story was good, the graphic were stunning, boss fights a little short and easy but still stunning especially I came to the PS3 a little late and the first 2 games i got were risistence fall of man and resistence 2. Fall of man was amazing but needs some improvents in the next game and when i finally played resistence 2, i was amazed. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty close, the story was good, the graphic were stunning, boss fights a little short and easy but still stunning especially when you fought the massive monster in Chicago. Overall i thought i was a great game you'll have a ton of fun shooting crap loads of aliens half way back to hell. Expand
  55. EricP
    Apr 10, 2009
    Resistance 2 is quite possibly one of the most enjoyable multiplayer titles that has been released on PS3. The campaign mode is nothing to write home about and is really just a rehashed version of the first installment. It doesn't bring a whole lot to the table graphics wise, sporting a mere 720p resolution, although decent in its own right. Unfortunately, I didn't find a Resistance 2 is quite possibly one of the most enjoyable multiplayer titles that has been released on PS3. The campaign mode is nothing to write home about and is really just a rehashed version of the first installment. It doesn't bring a whole lot to the table graphics wise, sporting a mere 720p resolution, although decent in its own right. Unfortunately, I didn't find a majority of the weapons desirable to use especially in multiplayer situations. The Halo inspired Battle Rifle is perhaps the best of the bunch. Overall, a solid effort particularly given the online functions. However, if not for its success in that regard, it would have been a total flop to say the least. Expand
  56. AnonymousMC
    Feb 23, 2009
    The only downfall compared to the original is that we no longer have the ability to carry all the weapons, however the game play, new weapons and overall intresting storyline more than makes up for it. Each misssion is different enough from the previous to keep the gamer entertained, and is one of the few fps that can be played threw more then once. P.S. people talk about the all theThe only downfall compared to the original is that we no longer have the ability to carry all the weapons, however the game play, new weapons and overall intresting storyline more than makes up for it. Each misssion is different enough from the previous to keep the gamer entertained, and is one of the few fps that can be played threw more then once. P.S. people talk about the all the great guns but never talk about the pistol's secondary, it's very satisfying to blow the enemy up with a pistol. Expand
  57. DanteMignolet
    Feb 17, 2009
    How is it possible that this game only get a 5.6 user rating average? It's one of the best games on the PS3!! When i play it, it always feels a bit like i'm serving the army itself. Probably only people who didn't bought the game itself voted because they thougt it would be funny. Shame yourself!
  58. XBOTSFUKOFF
    Feb 15, 2009
    Good game. Anyone who even dares to say that Gears 2 has a better multiplayer, go burn yourself on a hot stove you stupid fanboy piece of shit. I had anticipated Gears 2 more than anything, and I was let down. Granted, Resistance 2 might not have the BEST multiplayer or story ever made, but it CERTAINLY dominated the fuck out of Gears 2. If your that much of a fanboy, at least compare itGood game. Anyone who even dares to say that Gears 2 has a better multiplayer, go burn yourself on a hot stove you stupid fanboy piece of shit. I had anticipated Gears 2 more than anything, and I was let down. Granted, Resistance 2 might not have the BEST multiplayer or story ever made, but it CERTAINLY dominated the fuck out of Gears 2. If your that much of a fanboy, at least compare it to one of the few GOOD games that the 360 has... like, uhh... well... not Gears 2 for sure. I would give R2 about an 8 or 9, but since I gotta bring the score back up from the dumbass fanboys, I gotta give it a 10. Expand
  59. ColinM.
    Feb 4, 2009
    While this game may not be the best of the PS3, if you do own a PS3, then GET THIS GAME. I really didn't like Resistance: Fall of Man, and so I was unsure of getting this game. But I'm so glad I did. This is the wierdest thing about though, that while all my friends are ga-ga over Resistance's online, I myself enjoyed the Campaign an insane amount of more. While some While this game may not be the best of the PS3, if you do own a PS3, then GET THIS GAME. I really didn't like Resistance: Fall of Man, and so I was unsure of getting this game. But I'm so glad I did. This is the wierdest thing about though, that while all my friends are ga-ga over Resistance's online, I myself enjoyed the Campaign an insane amount of more. While some didn't like the campaign, I loved it. The graphics are really nice and polished, background story is superb, but the in-game presentation of it is quite flawed. I myself researched Resistance's story and quite enjoyed. Overall, 9.0/10. Now, when I go back to play Resistance 1, for some reason I'm actually enjoying it. Expand
  60. HofunNoodles
    Feb 1, 2009
    Although, admittedly, it is derivative in parts the weapon set and MP gain a lot of that lost ground back. Having played the best the 360 has to offer, this took a while before it really sunk its teeth into me, but it did and I especially enjoy the fun and varied online that insomicac have packaged into the whole. There's nothing else quite like it, even if parts of the campaign are Although, admittedly, it is derivative in parts the weapon set and MP gain a lot of that lost ground back. Having played the best the 360 has to offer, this took a while before it really sunk its teeth into me, but it did and I especially enjoy the fun and varied online that insomicac have packaged into the whole. There's nothing else quite like it, even if parts of the campaign are somewhat lacklustre. Expand
  61. JBV
    Jan 21, 2009
    I can´t believe why this game had so many bad reviews from some people, the graphics are great, the scale is awesome and the enemies are smart enough to put a good fight. I think probably the reason of this scores can be either this people are get use to play things like kun fu panda or brainles sports games or there is lot of xbox360 fanboys capable of killing her parents for halo3 I can´t believe why this game had so many bad reviews from some people, the graphics are great, the scale is awesome and the enemies are smart enough to put a good fight. I think probably the reason of this scores can be either this people are get use to play things like kun fu panda or brainles sports games or there is lot of xbox360 fanboys capable of killing her parents for halo3 and they will dislike any other shooter. Expand
  62. AlanG
    Jan 18, 2009
    Not the best Campaign. Didn't really like it. The best part is the Online. Co-op is very addicting with 3 classes to choose. Each with a main role in playing. All of them fun. 8 Player Co-Op online by the way. The other online is Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Skirmish and others I cannot remember the others. 60 player Online with NO LAG which is amazing. To me overall, this game is Not the best Campaign. Didn't really like it. The best part is the Online. Co-op is very addicting with 3 classes to choose. Each with a main role in playing. All of them fun. 8 Player Co-Op online by the way. The other online is Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch, Skirmish and others I cannot remember the others. 60 player Online with NO LAG which is amazing. To me overall, this game is worth buying to waste time. You will never get bored with online. I had it since the day it came out and still haven't gotten been bored of it. Good graphics but the only thing I don't like is the campaign which is short and not that good. Expand
  63. jasongarnham
    Jan 13, 2009
    oh dear r2s getting some bad reviews isent it?multiplayer lagging?i dont think so i think certain fanboys are are at again aint they?pretty sad.....anyhow single player good fun but not as good as multiplayer darn good game killzone 2 next thats going to cause some more fanboy backlash i reckon..
  64. JohnM
    Jan 12, 2009
    Resistance 2 would, ironically, be a better game if it wasn't a Resistance title. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game to play, but the designers have made the horrible mistake of taking a series beyond where it was meant to go. The Chimera have gone from being Aliens to Cthulu, there's more Future-Tech than Star Wars, Star Trek and Starcraft combined, and the game Resistance 2 would, ironically, be a better game if it wasn't a Resistance title. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game to play, but the designers have made the horrible mistake of taking a series beyond where it was meant to go. The Chimera have gone from being Aliens to Cthulu, there's more Future-Tech than Star Wars, Star Trek and Starcraft combined, and the game loses much of its charm when the levels feel very familiar to Resistance 1; the English Countryside is gone, but the generic Chimeran Buildings have not. However, if you judge the game on its own merits, rather than comparing every last detail to its progenitor, you are left with a very good title. As lazy as it sounds, the best way to describe this game is "Halo done right". It has lifted a LOT from Halo, such as the health system and the "two weapon" limits (which Halo started). It feels like it is trying to outdo Halo at every turn. Sorry, Xbox Fanboys, but it DOES outdo Halo. Halo 3 in particular was horrendously over-hyped; Resistance 2 perhaps did not deliver as thoroughly as we'd have liked, but it did succeed. In summary; PROS: Beautiful graphics. Good storyline. (mostly) good weaponry. Simple controls. Absolutely god-like Multiplayer (up to 60 in a game, with no lag). CONS: Feels like it's ripping off Halo a bit too much. Difficulty still skyrockets randomly in places. The plot. Expand
  65. DarryBoichenko
    Dec 30, 2008
    When I first tried Resistance: Fall of Man , I was not impressed at all. I hoped that maybe Resistance 2 would be better. After seeing it get some exceptional reviews, but still not that great, I decided to not buy this game. However, on Boxing Day, since I had wrapped my Mgs4 7 times and finished all my other games too, I decided, what they heck, ill just buy it and try it out .

I was

I was so freaking blown away by it. I didn't expect it to be so good! I don't know why people don't like the single-player campaign so much. I absolutely loved it. the cutscenes are okay, but the story is very intriguing. The multiplayer I thought was pretty good, but all my other friends are crazy about it!
    I really recommend this to anyone who has a PS3!
  66. Scott
    Dec 29, 2008
    This one is better than RFOM in every way. The graphice are so good I actually let myself die in a few areas just to view the scenery. I got in a room with 60 people in a team deathmatch and had no lag at all, I can even say that about HALO 3 with only 16 people. If you liked the first Resistance you will love this one. Hope they make a third one.
  67. MattBecker
    Dec 28, 2008
    I see lots of people complaining about Resistance 2 being "just another shooter." Here is my question to all you people: what exactly are you looking for? The single player story might not be Oscar worthy material... but neither is Gears of War, and I don't see you guys ripping that to pieces. What I look for in a game is fun, and Resistance 2 has plenty of that. It's got intenseI see lots of people complaining about Resistance 2 being "just another shooter." Here is my question to all you people: what exactly are you looking for? The single player story might not be Oscar worthy material... but neither is Gears of War, and I don't see you guys ripping that to pieces. What I look for in a game is fun, and Resistance 2 has plenty of that. It's got intense single player scenarios and great 60 person multiplayer. Don't know what else someone could ask for in a FPS (unless you're looking for something like Bioshock, which is an awesome game with an important message). Expand
  68. TomEdwards
    Dec 8, 2008
    This game improve upon R:FOM in every way. Literally bigger and better in every way, graphically, story, and single an multi-player ect. If you want a game that will give you a very satisfying single player and an even bigger and better multi-player with up to 60 players in any one game and close to no lag what so ever (I have yet to see any) then you can't go wrong with this.
  69. Matt
    Dec 1, 2008
    An improvement upon the original in almost every way. Insomniac has finally hit their stride for FPS design. However I am not without my complaints. First off the boss fights, however grandiose were still a little underwhelming and simplistic for my tastes. Second, the story is muddled and confusing, exchanging the original's cohesive (but slightly ambiguous) narrative for fairly An improvement upon the original in almost every way. Insomniac has finally hit their stride for FPS design. However I am not without my complaints. First off the boss fights, however grandiose were still a little underwhelming and simplistic for my tastes. Second, the story is muddled and confusing, exchanging the original's cohesive (but slightly ambiguous) narrative for fairly standard military science fiction. But having been a pretty harsh critic of the first Resistance, I can safely say that Insomniac had people like me in mind when they tweaked the gameplay (no more crappy health bar, a little less enemies sent out to rape you, etc). Highly recommended for jaded PS3 owners looking for something besides Little Big Planet to play this holiday season. Expand
  70. ReeceA
    Dec 1, 2008
    I just completed the single player and i will say that i really enjoyed it. The story isnt perfect and Nathan Hale isnt the most likeable hero but i had alot of fun playing it. Its not reinventing anything here its a solid enjoyable FPS story and in the end thats only 1/3 of the whole Resistance 2 experience. Alot of people are mentioning the graphics but the game is solid it never ever I just completed the single player and i will say that i really enjoyed it. The story isnt perfect and Nathan Hale isnt the most likeable hero but i had alot of fun playing it. Its not reinventing anything here its a solid enjoyable FPS story and in the end thats only 1/3 of the whole Resistance 2 experience. Alot of people are mentioning the graphics but the game is solid it never ever jumped or skipped no matter how many guys were on the screen. Also iv never witnessed so many enemys running at me in a game it got pretty intense and the whole time it ran super smooth. Co-op and competative complements the game perfectly. With the 8 online co-op (it also supports splitscreen even online! which is a big plus for me) its the most fun i have had in a long time. With 3 classes to choose from in the Co-op (Soldier, Medic, Spec ops) you can always mix it up even during a game inbetween spawning. Also each class has a level system so the more you use one the more EXP you get and level up, which earns you new weapons and weapon upgrades. Its even fun just playing the same co-op level cause the objectives are random and ever changed so it never the same experience twice. It did take me a while to get use to it because the enemys are relentless and you need a medic cause there is no other way to gain health. Competative is a whole other beast 60 player online things can get unbelivably hectic. It also has EXP where you can level your character to unlock new equipment and beserks (they can act like a buff "reduce damage for set time" or send out a handfull of electric orbs that damage the oppisition) It puts you in teams of 5 and if your playing Skermish your squad gets given orders that consitantly mix up the gameplay. There is stanadard DM modes where everyone just runs wild but i really like the Skermish it keeps you on ur toes. To sum up overall i would say it really deserves a 8-9, The singleplayer on its on is worth about a 7 but when the awesome c0-op and competative is taken into account it is worth a 8-9. Expand
  71. JLRuiz
    Nov 29, 2008
    The Campaign mode is not as good as i thought it would be but is still enjoyable and far better than halo 3. But the online mode kicks the shit out of any other shooter out there(on any console), if you enjoy online shooters this is as good as it gets.
  72. BarryP
    Nov 28, 2008
    I really think it's a great First person shooter. I doesn't do alot of new things, but there's not much more the genre can really give. The online cooperative missions are a real let down in my eyes and feels very rushed. Had they implemented a real story mode co-op rather than a sketchy, unrelated one then i'm sure the overall Metacritic score could have been well I really think it's a great First person shooter. I doesn't do alot of new things, but there's not much more the genre can really give. The online cooperative missions are a real let down in my eyes and feels very rushed. Had they implemented a real story mode co-op rather than a sketchy, unrelated one then i'm sure the overall Metacritic score could have been well over 93. The story mode is amazing, innovative and keeps you on your feet constantly. There is also absolutely nothing that tops the competitive multiplayer mode either, seeing as you can play 1 map with an incredible 60 players and in good nick, i.e no lag etc. The gorgeous graphics are a small part of what makes this game a superb and innovative experience and i don't think there's any other FPS out there that tops it, not even the likes of CoD4 or Halo 3. Both are decent in their respective ways but this towers over both. I own a 360 (i had to sell about 6 360 games and 2 PS3 games to get this :p) and a PS3 and like both, so i'm no fanboy. Quite frankly i'm getting sick of the rivalry of 360vs PS3 fanboys and the trolling of game reviews by them. There is no way PS3 only fans made this a 5.5 with over 1000 votes and in contrast Gears of War has 6.8 with 800. It's getting to the point where the site has to crack down on trolls and do what they promised to do, required registration to vote. Oh and on another note, buy this game, you will love it! Expand
  73. Raj
    Nov 27, 2008
    Let me lay this belief to rest; anybody that says that this game is just run and shoot OBVIOUSLY hasn't played a first person shooter because when you breakdown any first person shooter that is all you get running and shooting apart from maybe Bioshock cus that game is too good. I find it a good thing that the co-op campaign is different to the single player campaign but I detestLet me lay this belief to rest; anybody that says that this game is just run and shoot OBVIOUSLY hasn't played a first person shooter because when you breakdown any first person shooter that is all you get running and shooting apart from maybe Bioshock cus that game is too good. I find it a good thing that the co-op campaign is different to the single player campaign but I detest anyone that will compare this to COD4 these games have emphasis on different things, COD4 favours graphics and R2 favours storytelling. So get over it! The single player campaign is good but it can lack inspiration sometimes however it is onine that this game will blow you away, 60 players shooting it out with great weapons like the marksman and the wraith... enough said. Expand
  74. JamesMcConnaughy
    Nov 24, 2008
    With the exception of the removal of the gun wheel, this game is an improvement on every level over Resistance. Even then, the dual weapon technique had me panicking during certain sequences. The co-op is unique and interesting, and the characters feel real, less macho stereotypes. There are games this year that I'd recommend over it, such as Mirror's Edge or LittleBigPlanet, butWith the exception of the removal of the gun wheel, this game is an improvement on every level over Resistance. Even then, the dual weapon technique had me panicking during certain sequences. The co-op is unique and interesting, and the characters feel real, less macho stereotypes. There are games this year that I'd recommend over it, such as Mirror's Edge or LittleBigPlanet, but if you own a PS3, you definably owe it to yourself to check this out. Expand
  75. HarveyN.
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is a great game, but it really should be getting two separate reviews for single player and multiplayer. The single player campaign is decent, but not exceptional. Its got some fun moments and some frustrating ones, and overall ranks an 8. The multiplayer is where the game shines. Coop mode is addictive and fun. The maps are well designed, and the overall mission system is great.
  76. DezC
    Nov 23, 2008
    Everything I have seen on this game screams great FPS!!! Loved the 1st, this looks to improve on that, bring it on! A lot of low scores here, funny they smell of XBOX fanboys who are jealous that their beloved Halo has died after the 1st game, they just cant handle the fact. I also have a 360, but am no sad, blinkered 360 non true gamer fag, sorry fanboy!
  77. RubberD.
    Nov 23, 2008
    After reading some reviews and seeing a TV review, I cant wait for this game. I loved the 1st Resistance, I thought the scale of the game was awesome, and this seems to be the same. The 1st title was strange in the fact that the 1st few levels were very.......average shall we say, but if you popped through the so so opening stages, it was a game that rewarded you the more ou played, I After reading some reviews and seeing a TV review, I cant wait for this game. I loved the 1st Resistance, I thought the scale of the game was awesome, and this seems to be the same. The 1st title was strange in the fact that the 1st few levels were very.......average shall we say, but if you popped through the so so opening stages, it was a game that rewarded you the more ou played, I loved that feature, So all in all, its built me up for what looks to be a great game. This will be one that I will put away for myself till xmas (along with GoW2,LBP,Tomb Raider,Dead Space & Prince of Persia, hey it beats socks and smelly spray, lol). Expand
  78. JohnM.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Disregard many of these comments on here because many come from fanboys from BOTH systems. The truth is though, that, if you can get mediocre at it, the online is immensly fun. I enjoyed a few parts in the campaign a lot, but there were many parts where it was just stupid or boring. The cooperative is fun and very unique. The competitive can get annoying especially with the frustration of Disregard many of these comments on here because many come from fanboys from BOTH systems. The truth is though, that, if you can get mediocre at it, the online is immensly fun. I enjoyed a few parts in the campaign a lot, but there were many parts where it was just stupid or boring. The cooperative is fun and very unique. The competitive can get annoying especially with the frustration of the huge advantages/disadvantages a weapon could have. For example, the Carbine has 40mm that kills in one shot easily, but its damage is really low. The bullseye can tag and shoots fast, but its accuracy is horrible. Some guns are just ty (Bellock for the most part), so it takes some time to adjust to them. The only annoying part is that once you click play and start that game, IT IS CLOSED. That means that if you are playing a game with 10-10 and one team has a lot of dropouts, the game just sucks then because either its impossible to kill someone because you have too many people on your team or you just can't fight 8 people at once. This is reallly REALLY annoying because it will happen quite often. Expand
  79. MarcB.
    Nov 22, 2008
    Why 8? Got my PS3 way after i bought xbox360. and have been waiting for a good online multiplayer in the line of Gears of war. Although it makes me more think of a game like left 4 dead. One thing i don't understand: compared to xbox the PS3 should be more powerful (that is what they want us to believe...) but compared to the new Gears of war 2 : graphics are a few years behind: Why 8? Got my PS3 way after i bought xbox360. and have been waiting for a good online multiplayer in the line of Gears of war. Although it makes me more think of a game like left 4 dead. One thing i don't understand: compared to xbox the PS3 should be more powerful (that is what they want us to believe...) but compared to the new Gears of war 2 : graphics are a few years behind: could it be the graphics power of the ATI processor in de XBOX is more powerful then the NVIDIA in the PS3? yes: i stick to the 8 because this is one of the games PS3 players were waiting for: good online "save the world" fun game where some kind of teamwork is necessary. Expand
  80. MarkR.
    Nov 18, 2008
    alright, so disregarding people who haven't actually played this game, I have seen nothing but adoration for this game from the general community. It is a rare gem in a sea of boring thoughtless fps games. I found the single player incredibly engaging and interesting, with the right mix of drama, good graphics, well constructed plot twists, terrifying unique enemies and interesting alright, so disregarding people who haven't actually played this game, I have seen nothing but adoration for this game from the general community. It is a rare gem in a sea of boring thoughtless fps games. I found the single player incredibly engaging and interesting, with the right mix of drama, good graphics, well constructed plot twists, terrifying unique enemies and interesting weapons. This is what the halo series should have been in sp. Doesn't try to be too shiny, doesn't try to be too gritty, it's a great achievement. Not to mention the "boss" fights are unprecedented in scale and tension. After finishing the single player I started playing the online modes and split-screen and though I haven't even close to scratched the surface I can honestly say I've never seen a game with as much scope as this. There is more for your 60 bucks here than I've ever seen in a game, a part from possibly LittleBigPlanet. Overall, there's nothing I can complain about on this game, and I will be playing it for years to come. Expand
  81. ChristianD.
    Nov 16, 2008
    Great Story, Great Gameplay, Great Multi player and Co-op Incredible weapons but the only flaw is that since the Games has incredible Weapons u shoud be able to carry them all around like in the first resistance but a minor flaw compared to an incredible exprience of gaming.
  82. JasonM.
    Nov 14, 2008
    Given my rating, I pretty much love everything in this game.. so I'll just highlight one of my favorite things about the game: it's scale. Resistance 2 takes scale to a whole new level. Raging Godzilla-sized giants called "Leviathans" in single-player. 60-player matches in competitive multiplayer. And ridiculously frantic firefights in the 8-player co-op, with the occasional Given my rating, I pretty much love everything in this game.. so I'll just highlight one of my favorite things about the game: it's scale. Resistance 2 takes scale to a whole new level. Raging Godzilla-sized giants called "Leviathans" in single-player. 60-player matches in competitive multiplayer. And ridiculously frantic firefights in the 8-player co-op, with the occasional large monster thrown at you. The co-op is very balanced, by the way, which each class having a special ability to be able to help the rest of the team. It's one of the few co-op games that actually stresses teamwork above everything else. So trust me, going into the co-op alone is just a death wish. You'll be swarmed with a BARRAGE (and I mean huge barrage of firepower). Luckily, there's almost always some cover to make your way to. Co-op classes include: *Soldiers*: which carry large gatling guns which has a sheild for use when you press the secondary fire button. *Medics*: Carry a unique weapon that drain the health of enemies. As you drain health, it charges up shots for your secondary fire, which sends out a burst of energy that spreads a short distance and heals allies. But you have to have a full charge before you start healing. And you're limited to 10 charges. *Spec Ops*: Carry a scoped rifle with a three-shot burst and a secondary fire with something that looks like an electric bullet, but slow-moving. The Spec Ops's special ability is to restock others' ammo, though don't expect to throw one to every member of your team. It refills one ammo box if you wait a few seconds, but if you want to do it quickly, you're limited to three before you have to wait for another. The ammo boxes can give medics a free charge and can replenish soldier's sheilds. Also note that you're not restricted to those weapons. As you level up, you earn more abilities and weapons. But the weapons you start out with are almost essential to the team's survival. The co-op is where the polish and balance shines the most. The sum of its parts just show the genius. Expand
  83. AdrianG.
    Nov 14, 2008
    An amazing game. The best campaign i have played in a long time. Better than Resistance 1 and CoD4 combined! The Co op is a lot of fun and adds at least 8 more hours of gameplay to the game. The other part of the online isnt as good the first games but still fun
  84. XM
    Nov 13, 2008
    Awesome multiplayer. Competitive mode is incredible with 60 player matches and co-op is seriously addicting. Single player campaign could have been better though. I give resistance 2 a solid 10 out of 10.
  85. EdenM.
    Nov 13, 2008
    After having played the beta(and full game) I can tell you there are ZERO issues with lag on the multiplayer....My connection isn't great and the online was still perfect. Everyone saying the is a load of lag is lying or don't actually have the game. The game is fantastic, the story and multiplayer are ace. The person who said the multiplayer is confusing is not a very After having played the beta(and full game) I can tell you there are ZERO issues with lag on the multiplayer....My connection isn't great and the online was still perfect. Everyone saying the is a load of lag is lying or don't actually have the game. The game is fantastic, the story and multiplayer are ace. The person who said the multiplayer is confusing is not a very intelligent person as they are explained before you enter the game and whilst you are in the game everything is also explained. In conclusion the game is very good and worth your money! Expand
  86. DavidH.
    Nov 12, 2008
    This game is so killer there are just no words to describe the intense roller coaster ride that is Resistance 2! I can't believe this bogus user voted average score thats out on this site though... 5.5? That makes me sick! I have played all the great FPS and am a huge FPS fan and I have been playing this game for a week straight and I can honestly say it is the best FPS on the market This game is so killer there are just no words to describe the intense roller coaster ride that is Resistance 2! I can't believe this bogus user voted average score thats out on this site though... 5.5? That makes me sick! I have played all the great FPS and am a huge FPS fan and I have been playing this game for a week straight and I can honestly say it is the best FPS on the market PERIOD. I just think their has been some heated tension between fanboys and 360 has a HUGE following.. I think that disgruntled 360 fanboys are voting this game bad even though they haven't played it. Everything I have read from the bad reviewers on here are FALSE with the exception of a few personal opinions. I just can't emphasize how incredibly enthralling this game really is for anyone who loves first person shooters. Play the campaign on all difficulty settings if you really want to understand how excellent and epic the battles are. This game gets WAY better as you up the skill level in carefully thought out ways that no other fps has ever executed. ThaT and the amazing 8-player squad based Co-Op and the stellar 60 player online competetive modes?!?!?! A GAMERS DREAM COME TRUE! Everyone needs to play Resistance 2 on Super Human mode before they can call themselves a true gamer! THIS IS NO JOKE. Expand
  87. PacManPolarBear
    Nov 11, 2008
    A solid FPS on every level. The single player campaign is worth the effort, co-op is great fun and 60 player TDM, oh hells yes.
  88. JohnL.
    Nov 11, 2008
    people who give this game a low score dont know what they are getting into....its a solid shooter and thats all it tries to be, nothing more...the online play is great and being able to create your own rooms is one major flaw that cod 4 lacked...i havent even started the co-op missions yet..im still too involved in just jumping into any of the 60 player maps that pop up every night...do people who give this game a low score dont know what they are getting into....its a solid shooter and thats all it tries to be, nothing more...the online play is great and being able to create your own rooms is one major flaw that cod 4 lacked...i havent even started the co-op missions yet..im still too involved in just jumping into any of the 60 player maps that pop up every night...do not trust BEN P's review the playstation network doesnt lag at all...the fool obviously has a bad internet connection or is too far away from his router to know any better...i have been playing online in the playstation network from the beginning and ive never had connectivity or lag issues....like most people who actually know a thing or 2 about networking im hardwired in..so dont bash the network just cause your internet sux. Expand
  89. Korwyn
    Nov 10, 2008
    If anybody read the full review of this game on Variety website you will see the bias statement from them that they are favoring Microsoft. without their low review this game would have got a par score with Gears of War 2 no problem. It is a solid evidence that Microsoft pay them to do this. what a dirty way to do business. first they can't really make games on their own. then use If anybody read the full review of this game on Variety website you will see the bias statement from them that they are favoring Microsoft. without their low review this game would have got a par score with Gears of War 2 no problem. It is a solid evidence that Microsoft pay them to do this. what a dirty way to do business. first they can't really make games on their own. then use money to buy exclusivity then pay critics to give bad score to competitor's games. what else could they do next? pay critics to give their games good score? oh, maybe they HAVE already done it, who knows? Expand
  90. MichaelS.
    Nov 10, 2008
    Resistence: Fall of Man had it's problems, but Resistence 2 delivers on all fronts, whether it be epic scope, intense fire fights, gore, insane boss battles and engaging multiplayer (60 players). This is one of this generations finest FPS packages. Not to be missed.
  91. PeterL.
    Nov 9, 2008
    This game is something serious. The single player campaign alone is worth my $60 then you add on the 8 player co-op and 60 player online. If you have a playstation 3 buy this game, and if you don't have a playstation 3 buy one just for this game. Yeah, it's that good.
  92. Youcef
    Nov 9, 2008
    It's a great game, I really like the new weapons. I like how there is cooperative online with 8 players, I also played the 60 player games with no lag. The campaign seems to be pretty sweet as well but just does seem to be *amazing* because I like more realistic games such as COD4 but it's still worth getting and playing.
  93. AbsiGaddafi
    Nov 9, 2008
    there are some wierd comments here , the Multiplayer is great deep and big , you can play up to 60 player in the same time and without LAG , you have 8 player online co-op with a different campagin, the single player if great as well with great new locations and epic bosses fight
  94. MatthewJohnson
    Nov 8, 2008
    this game is great, dont listen to all those low user reviews, those are 360 fanboys that dont even have a ps3. i wouldn't actually ive this game a 10, but rather a 9.5, but since there is no such option it becomes a 10 because a 9 would be too low
  95. TimT
    Nov 8, 2008
    Producers of the Resistance franchise had done their homework. Controls were less confusing, graphics were more dynamic, and the environment was much, much bigger. This game is worth $60 since it has 60 player online and 8 player co-op. Just one suggestion. The game would be better with a narrator tying the story together like in Resistance 1.
  96. mg
    Nov 8, 2008
    The only frustration I have with the solo campaign are all the cheap ways to die, mostly trial and error stuff like the chameleon. The story isn't great, but engaging enough. My score of 9 is totally based on the multiplayer. Very addicting cooperative modes. And the different classes make it have lasting power. I like it's multiplayer better than gears 2. Seriously.
  97. leatherface
    Nov 7, 2008
    what's not to like. 60 player online, eight player alternate story co-op and an awesome blockbuster single player story. don't listen to these guys that rate it low, they like bigger budget remakes of the first game, like 1.5 instead of a true sequel. please enjoy this game and i will see you online. happy hunting.
  98. Ian
    Nov 7, 2008
    The single player story isn't as epic as it was in the first one and to fans of the first game alot of the changes seem like somewhat a step backwards (only being able to carry 2 weapons, there being other survivors of the virus) however to casual shooter players I can imagine this being a friendlier way of doing things. Bottom line the multiplayer is amazing and can only be The single player story isn't as epic as it was in the first one and to fans of the first game alot of the changes seem like somewhat a step backwards (only being able to carry 2 weapons, there being other survivors of the virus) however to casual shooter players I can imagine this being a friendlier way of doing things. Bottom line the multiplayer is amazing and can only be described as a combination of Call of duty 4 and Halo 3 so even if it has lost some of its individuality it has definatly picked up some accessabillity in the competitive online section. The co-op online is an enitrly different beast that involves a class system that basicaly boils down to some sort of first person version of a wow instance where 8 players fend off hunderds of chimaren enemys while filling the roll of healer, tank and dps, it can be hecktec insain once you wrap your mind around it. The graphics seem lackluster and the story mode while long is not nearly as fulfilling as the first. Expand
  99. AnonymousMC
    Nov 6, 2008
    The only complaint I have at the moment is the split screen bug while trying to play online coop. Everything else is stellar. Getting 8 competent people together to take on the coop missions is fun as hell. Personally I enjoyed the campaign, though I wish it had been somewhat longer. I don't feel any need to elaborate on how sweet 60 player team death match is.
  100. KyleT.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Internet problems are user error rather than game error. I haven't had any problems. Even the 60 person games that I've played have been completely lag free. The story is excellent, and even if the gameplay isn't anything too innovative, it's still fun and solid, no matter what the clueless user critics have said so far. Co-op online is great. It feels something like Internet problems are user error rather than game error. I haven't had any problems. Even the 60 person games that I've played have been completely lag free. The story is excellent, and even if the gameplay isn't anything too innovative, it's still fun and solid, no matter what the clueless user critics have said so far. Co-op online is great. It feels something like an MMO at some points because you're literally FORCED to work together. No splitting off and doing what you want. Heavies will need spec-ops for ammo supply, spec ops will need heavies for shield and major offense, and everyone needs medics. As always, don't listen to the user reviews. They're riddled with fanboy idiots who take it personally when a game on a console that they don't like does well. I have no idea what personal investment they have in it, but I suggest they shut up and game. Expand

2. It succeeds because it doesn’t just try to throw more humans into the same old environments and gameplay. It offers a smart three class system that encourages savvy team-work, an experience meter that builds to enable special attacks and uses levels designed specifically for the mode to maximise the resulting gameplay. It also dynamically shifts the action to take into account the number and skill of players in each game, making for near endless replayability. It’s a hit, pure and simple.
    Resistance 2 is gutsier, it’s gorier, and it’s much, much bigger.