• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 4, 2008
6.0

1. Feb 26, 2012
    This game simply was an overt let down and the series should have ended with this game. Terrible. The entire game felt scripted, and it was literally the same thing over and over. The variety and capacity of weapons found in the first game is nonexistent. The story is dull and boring. Possible one of the worst games I have ever played. Boring. This game should have gone back to the drawing board.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Amazing game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  3. Oct 11, 2012
    It was okay, but it wasn't the first game, and just didn't grab me. I could leave it at that and given how long ago it came out I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. The visuals don't look good, with varying levels of texture around the environment that make certain pieces look like they are out of place or not fully loaded. The guns felt the same as the first which was a plus with some additions I believe (haven't played the first one since it came out. The gunplay was just as good as the first as well and I enjoyed how the style of combat is really defined by the guns. I know this is a stupid point but I really appreciated the option of a flashlight on the weapons as it accomplished two things: First it makes going through the dark places doable so I'm not squinting or adjusting brightness settings to get through the section, and second, it gives a horror feel to the game. The enemies felt more or less the same; the big guys were frustrating but what I would want in it. The story was really what fell short. I liked the first one and found it compelling, but Resistance 2 just did nothing for me. I flat out did not care what happened, and for those who have played to the end you can tell insomniac wanted the player to care about this character you've been through the **** with and I couldn't. Perhaps others were able to engage more with this one but for me it just didn't work and I don't foresee myself ever recommending this one. Here's to 3 being better! Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2014
    Resistance 2 is a landmark game for the PS3. The atmosphere and universe is great the bosses are epic and the weapons are unique. This is one of those games that balance single and multiplayer too so there is plenty to do when the single player is over.
  5. Dec 12, 2010
    I don't understand what all the hate's for. I had a great time with this game. A HUGE improvement over the 1st one. Single player is great and the co op mode is alot of fun when you have a team that's working together well. Competitive online mode isn't the best out their but still managed to suck countless hours of play time from me.
  6. Oct 16, 2011
    This games single player and multiplayer are both okay, but nothing special. Pros: Epic scale in some sections of the game,good variety of weapons, variety of enemies and decent graphics. Cons: becomes repetitive quite frequently, the multiplayer modes are not very unique at all, the story is simply very weak and boring, the game is very easy and the most of the deaths are cheap when objectives are unclear, the characters are boring etc. Overall a mediocre FPS. 6.0/10. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2011
    pretty good game. very good multiplayer!
  8. Dec 19, 2010
    I recently decided to play through this after completing RFoM again, and I cannot understand the hate it is getting. Many complain about how the atmosphere has been "ruined" without the narrator and that some colour has been injected into the game. Personally, RFoM was too bleak in parts and it is not like R2 is trying to impersonate LittleBigPlanet with some of the lighting and colouring in it. Insomniac have added depth to the visual field - parts are still bleak but others now feel livelier, and it suits the game. (Not to mention the graphics are MUCH improved, -aside from the odd poor texture on trees and fires-anyone who argues the graphics in RFoM are better seriously needs their head examined) The narrator of the first game was used as it was recounting the story, in R2 it is not from a future perspective - and for me this works better for the events in the campaign, you should not criticize the game for something which makes such little difference and something the developers obviously thought suited one game and not the other. On the campaign, I believe the story is highly captivating, even if Hale is not the most charismatic lead. The enormous plot twists and some of the intricacies of the plot could have been better explained, but reading the intel that is scattered throughout the game certainly helps fill in most of the gaps. The sci-fi story of the Resistance series has me gripped, and I for one find it more interesting than the Michael Bay-inspired COD series. As for gameplay, while there may not be anything in the way of innovation, the experience is still highly enjoyable. Chimera are a tad easier to kill than in the previous instalment (to anyone who complains of being killed constantly; there is an "Easy" setting) and yes, the levels may be linear, but what good FPS can truly claim to be non-linear? For a developer such as Insomniac which prides itself on its story-telling, a degree of linearity has to be enforced. Those who complain about the industry standard health regen system being used in this are fools. If anything, that system is more suited to this franchise than ANY other game on the market, due to Hale's natural ability to heal himself. The health regen system is out of place in COD, yet no one complains? The controls in this game are much more intuitive than the original, R3 to aim down the sights was horrendously awkward and has been replaced by the much more comfortable L1, secondary fire has sensibly been moved to R2 and the addition of a sprint function (L2) was also welcome. A few gripes: as many have mentioned, boss battles, while spectacular, are rather formulaic, and the removal of the weapon wheel took out some of the strategy from the first game which I enjoyed so much. The single player experience is a lot better than some make it out to be, and requires a certain level of commitment and contextual understanding to enjoy, I feel. The lack of campaign co-op was obviously a big blow but that impact was lessened by the slew of online modes. I thought the multiplayer was the weakest part of the game, while enjoyable, something about the competitive mode just didn't feel intense enough, and the co-op online mode became fairly repetitive. Reducing the scale of the multiplayer slightly would help in future instalments. Overall R2 was a game I enjoyed greatly - I am hooked by the series' storyline and cannot wait to see its conclusion, and the scale of this game just blew me away. Both the single-player and multiplayer need some minor tweaks but otherwise this (and it's predecessor) are both must have games if you have a PS3. Expand
  9. Jun 17, 2012
    Resistance series is a bit different than today's popular FPS "format", it has an interesting old school feeling, especially if you are the kind of gamer that enjoyed older but great PC shooters. Don't get it if you expect a modern war or a realistic shooter, expect an intense sci-fi/horror/military game with great and interesting weapons and scenery. The downside of R2 is the fact you are not able to carry all the guns you got like you can in the first and the third games of the series and the inclusion of complete regenerative health system. It would be better in my opinion if health system and weapon inventory in R2 worked just like they work in R:FoM and the brilliant Resistance3.
    But anyway, Resistance 2 is great gaming experience for what it is, intense moments, great boss battles, huge scope and an interesting "old school" aura.
    Competitive multiplayer in this game can be fun and is much more intense and faster than most today's shooters. The cooperative gameplay with its leveling system and specific maps and bosses is a positive and unique addition, a bit different than it is expected from the genre but fun nonetheless.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    My favourite game on the PS3! Its well presented with a strong and captivating storyline, one of the few games that sucks you in so much at you REALLY dont want to die, as if there are real implications if you do. Brilliant, loved it! not trading this one in ;)
  11. Apr 28, 2013
    Another Call of duty clone of what could've been the best sequel of any shooter until now. The developers literally butchered everything that they've created since the first game, no more investigating levels to get those beautiful archives that were actually interesting and would tell you about the story of the game, no more diary having an history of every weapon and every type of chimera that there was before, no more carry an arsenal in your backpack, no more characters from the first game, and i mean there's no one they even remove the narrator, but the worst part is that the first game characters are replaced by dull boring uninteresting characters that you not know a single thing about them.
    Then you have the regenerating health (straight from cod), you also have the two gun limitation (again straight from cod) and after that even the melee animations are exactly the same ones from cod.
    The only reason why i'm giving this game a four and not a lower score is because the multiplayer is barely decent which sadly i need to count if not i would probably give this game a score of two.
    Is sad and demeaning how Insomniac just released this game only to sell, im telling you the call of duty similarities are frighting.
    In conclusion Resistance 2 is by far the most disappointing sequel that i've ever played until now,(and i've played mw3), dull characters, awful team ai, not even mentioning the fact that you're constantly are going to be asking yourself. Why the chimera is here again? just leaves me with a putrid disgusting feel towards Insomniac games and just the big scum liar sellout that they've become after making such an amazing game like resistance fall of man was.
  12. Mar 4, 2014
    Should u still give this a shot in 2014? If u haven't played already, u'll miss out on one of the finest FPS ever!

The story feels disconnected, the cut-scenes are crap and I really didn't care about the characters (Nathan Hale = having Drake's name and looks like Cole, but nowhere near likable as them). That is literally the Only complain about the game.

Everything else is a blast!
    The variety is what impressed me the most. The game-play sections, guns (so cool!) and enemy types and boss fights which include Titans, Sharks, Zombies, Dinosaurs, Krakens and a goddamn Godzilla (they're just Chimeras, I'm just giving names! ). Both Ally and Enemy AI are superb with actual help from allies and the enemies using cover and flanking. Graphics considering it's from 2008 still stand out beautifully especially the environments.

On top of the mind-blowing campaign, is the enjoyable multiplayer with up to 64 players (yes, 64 on PS3 back in '08) which surprisingly is still active!

The game literally screams Epic right from the moment u pick up the box with one of the best cover arts I've seen! Another PS3 Exclusive that is pure quality! It's a shame that Insomniac Games is now working on an XBox One exclusive, but I still hope Resistance 4 will come on PS4!

Verdict : 9.5/10
  13. Sep 27, 2010
    the first game was alot of fun the second one is and has some improvements over the first but also some things that make it not as fun as the first. the biggest issue i had was the halo gun carrying BS you went from holding a arsonal to now just 2 guns??? why?! i liked it the way it was before. plus they removed some guns and grenades . no more backlash grenades ... sucks. i dont want this game to be like Halo cause i **** HATE HALO! if i wanted to play that trash id play it on my 360 . the game does add some cool new features first the online is now fun the addition of 64 players in a match looks sweet and runs great ive seen very little lag . this is the first online PS3 game since the first motor storm ive enjoyed . the boss battles are just sick looking they are just freeking HUGE! the story is ok but nothing really feels like its been answered much . you get alittle new info on the chimera but not as much as i woulda hoped . this game also needs CO op srory mode . they have a co op mode but its more like the horde mode in Gears 2 it is kinda fun but id rather have the other. its a fun game but some may be more digruntled then me with the story mode but the online saved it for me. Expand
  14. Sep 13, 2010
    Resistance 2 was mediocre at best. With a horrible story and terrible gameplay, i don't understand the hype over it.
    The only semi-good part of this game was that the multiplayer coop took a LITTLE bit of skill.. then again this was on the hardest difficulty. Overall, not a game which money should be spent on.
  15. Oct 15, 2010
    The game is a first person shooter, it is bloody at some parts of the game. you are Nathan Hale from Resistance 1: fall of man, most people consider this game to be a lot like Halo me personally I think it is. But there is a lot difference the graphics are outstanding for this sort of game, how good the detail of every creature, machinery and scenery is amazing. Plus to top it off the sound effects from the nearest bullet to the loudest roar or scream, in the game goes really well with it all. the story mode has loads of interesting missions it literally puts you in the game, it has you on the edge of seat and the game if you are playing it on your own with no one else around it has the ability, to make you jump. lots of unexpected things are going to happen so be prepared if you have never played this game before.
    compared to Resistance 1 the chimera (aliens) have changed it is the old kind now in these one are harder to kill and have a lot more accuracy unless you know how to dodge most of there bullets, they have all new monsters that a hard to defeat (depends on the difficulty setting) but there is a a weakness that they all have. Also you have a chance to wield new guns and the all new lark (rocket launcher).

now the multi-player is excellent I could play it straight with a cup of coffee next to me and just keep playing. It will take you a lot to get board of this game if you like the first one and if you are into this sort of game your going to love it. it offers you co-operative on-line/off-line game play which is some story missions but changed around a bit, you can do straight forward battling with other players on-line, and there are many more awaiting you.

the game as far as I think is amazing I cant see no problems with it, but there are a lot off changes compared to resistance fall of man like guns and now you can zoom which is a good thing because it comes handy, trust me I know and others who have played this game will agree, some people moan that you can only carry two weapons, in resistance 1 you could carry more than 4 guns. which I don't moan about because they have tried to make this as real as possible, and I guarantee that you could not carry more than 4 guns, and run around like he does. The games is truly amazing just remember to be aware and prepared. TIP: always reload your weapon after you have finished killing.
  16. Oct 17, 2010
    Didn't liked the story. I wish they changed the story's setting. Graphics were amazing and gameplay and controls were good. Multiplayer coop was tedious and boring. Competitive multiplayer was great, big maps and lots of people. Rent it before buying.
  17. Feb 19, 2011
    resistance 2 has a good gameplay and the online is really good and its better than the first
    but is still not as good as COD or fallout or maybe even gears of war but still a good game
  18. Mar 3, 2011
    While not perfect, it is still one of the best shooters on PS3. The online modes are phenomenal, and the campaign has an excellent storyline. While many gamers prefer the first one, I stand by my statement that the second Resistance is a definite improvement. With very few glitches and well balanced gameplay, I would not recommend passing up on Resistance 2.
  19. Mar 16, 2011
    the game it self is good. the story was probably the best because the ending was good. it felt like a movie. but the story mode lacked the awesomness that the first had. they changed a lot from the first one. right now the olny reason to buy it is to continue the story. the online community is probably a fraction of what it was.
  20. Jul 28, 2011
    Insomniac seems that they are starting to surpass greatness to bastardizing creativeness. While their sequel to one of the most important series in the PS3 isn't a bang, explosive thrill or amazing war, their acknowledge to make a nice shooter ( better than before) set them high. Resistance 2 doesn't change to much gameplay, graphics ( lacking) etc. Very dated details kills the environment , lifeless compared to other shooters, though , not very negative, sometimes graphics power force isn't necessary in some cases, although, it makes it more believable. Apart from minor flaws, is worth the trip. Expand
  21. Apr 14, 2011
    I just couldn't get into this trash, I found it was boring, too linear for my liking. Although I find it trash others may like it. even if I do not understand why. Just like the Kill Zone series, I find these games a big flop.
  22. Apr 29, 2011
    I know the game is very old by now, but I was browsing the site and couldn't believe this low score. The single player game was great. Very fun, and at times rather scary. While the story wasn't perfect, I disagree that it was just "see this bad guy and kill him". I thought it was very playable and enjoyable. The multiplayer was average at best and was the real shortcoming of the game. BUT the single player made it worth the cost alone. I will be purchasing Resistance 3 simply because I liked this game so much. Expand
  23. Jul 7, 2012
    I enjoyed Resistance 1 and 3 but this game is just bad. They some how screwed up coop campaign, the online multi player is disappointing, the appearance is ugly and jarring and random **** is shiny all over the place, and just oh god its bad, really really bad. Stick to resistance 1 and 3 pretend this game doesn't exist. Also don't play the portable titles.
  24. Oct 3, 2011
    This game is very intense and has an incredible "old school feel" without being dated.
    After I experienced the game I totally agree with Classic Game Room's review (check it on youtube) and I truly believe Resistance is a underrated game series. I am not a big fun of modern military FPS, but as an older gamer I enjoyed sci-fi, horror, comedy and more unique FPSs for years and because of
    that, Resistance and Bioshock brought back my interest and enjoyment with shooters.
    Intense shooting and interesting story, huge and expressive bosses and creatures, that "60's sci-fi movies feel", epic battles and an incredible multiplayer (it would be even better if the game had more popularity) are details that make Resistance 2 a pretty good game in my opinion.
  25. Dec 18, 2013
    Not much has changed and was has changed is not for the better. It feels like a lesser game then the first one. If you can't get enough of Resistance you could buy this though.
  26. Dec 21, 2013
    I enjoyed playing this game more than the first one, mainly because the campaign was much more epic. The number of enemies and amount of action going on at any one time is tremendous and really pulls you into feeling like you are in a war. Fighting huge enemy bosses was also very cool, reminds me of old school games. The story was a nice continuation from the first game and the graphics and sound are a lot better.

There are some changes I didn't care for. I missed the gun wheel, the health packs, and the loss of vehicle play. These made resistance 2 feel more like other games. Other than that I really enjoyed everything else about the game and continue to highly recommend it.
  27. Nov 1, 2011
    A good game, not a great game. Campaign was very interesting and kept me engaged for the ages. However, multiplayer was a different story. And that is where I will rant about. The multiplayer is a stepdown from its predecessor in virtually every aspect. I was experiencing a gaming high until I played my first match. I didn't believe that it sucked that bad so I played for the whole night. Damn, that blew my night, what a dissapointment from the guys at Insomniac. I expected much more for my money. However, I can't say that this game wasn't a blast from an objective standpoint. Ups to Insomniac for a great and even more engaging plot. Expand
  28. Mar 6, 2012
    What a great game... I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every PS3 owner gamer out there.
  29. Mar 6, 2012
    great game! I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  30. Jun 8, 2012
    7.5 - It's big, loud, exciting, and epic, but the story doesn't really go anywhere exciting. There are glorious moments of terror and intensity peppered throughout certain levels, but overall the campaign misses it's marks. The biggest moments of the campaign are either frustrating, glitchy, or incredibly underdeveloped, with certain sound elements and design flaws rearing their ugly heads. This is Insomniac's most unpolished game. The fact that Insomniac also dumbed down your ability to hold all of your weapons to only two at a time is a shame, because the guns of resistance are the best weapons of any current gen shooter. Multiplayer is aces with gigantic matches and fun modes. There are more negatives than positives for R2, but the campaign is much improved over its predecessor, and the entertainment value, while lacking substance, is incredible. It is overall a decent sequel, but in the end it is an empty husk of a shooter, with no characters to care for, a story that is scatterbrained, and a main character that is empty and emotionless. Expand
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    Very good game with a great story. Story is well written and a definite improvement over the last game in the series. Lots of fun weapons to play with, but the weapon wheel has been replace by the two weapon system found in most games. Lots of variety in levels and enemies, resulting in an unpredictable and thrilling experience. Co-op is great in this game and gives you a leveling system which will keep you playing for a good amount of time. Multiplayer is better than ever with big team matches and lots of unlocks and upgrades to keep you entertained. Expand
  32. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is truly epic! More enemies, better guns, updated game mechanics. Let's start with the core gameplay. One thing I did not like about this was the sudden change of the gun system. In Fall of Man and Resistance Retribution (PSP), once you pick up a gun, it's yours to keep forever. Here, they removed that and made it more like Call of Duty. You can now sprint (something you couldn't do in FoM and Retribution) and you can only carry two guns at a time.I guess that's not a bad thing, but I played this game the second after I completed the first, and the wacky controls surprised me.

Storywise, the Chimera have gotten stronger, and now have giant airships capable of leveling cities. How Hale escaped London alive is a mystery (but it probably can be answered via ingame intel and the wiki).
    In my opinion, the Chimera have become almost godlike. Fall of Man showed that their survival depended on humans, or they would not be able to produce any more soldiers, but in Resistance 2, they seem to have gotten past the Conversion problem. There are also a hell of a lot more non-humanoid creatures. The damn spinners, chameleons, krakens and more. I also don't like how they removed the cutscenes which explains what is happening (and narrated by a soothing british accent). Resistance 2 and Retribution came out at almost the same time (hooking your PSP up to the PS3 with R2 gives your PSP game extra stuff), yet they are completely different.

Regarding weapons, the Auger is far more powerful than it was before. You can see your enemies from behind walls, the bullets are much faster and deal far more damage. There are also new guns that really should have been in Retribution, but were left out.

Regardless, a fantastic sequel!
  33. Nov 16, 2011
    I loved resistance 1 and still think it is one of the top games on the ps3. This however feels totally backwards in game play and design. I liked having a variety of weapons, and I agree that 8 seemed a bit too much, but having only 2 weapons while in combat feels very lacking at times especially when ammo is at a premium. The AI is atrocious, companions are absolutely useless, since they cannot kill an enemy without assistance. The enemies directly go to you, passing through them (I mean this quite literally). Some mechanics were horrible, for example; getting stuck in odd places, falling though small holes, and having to do too much at the same time. Overall I felt like this could have been a much better game had developers not wanted to compete with Craptivision and the Call of Duty franchise. The story is much shorter than its predecessor and feels quite lacking at times. As much as it pains me to say this, it feels like Call of Duty sometimes. Online was better but I mainly bought it for the campaign mode. I recommend renting or borrowing only Expand
  34. Jun 27, 2013
    Worth playing for the cooperative multiplayer, but that's all.

The campaign is a large disappointment from Resistance: Fall of Man. As you probably already know, the weapon wheel and cooperative campaign have both been removed. These were defining features of the original, and a couple of its largest attractions.

The style has degraded from Resistance 1. The sepia look has been
    abandoned in favor of neon grass and oversaturated colors. I understand that people are trying to move away from dull gray shooters. I understand that, I really do. But if there was one series in the world that should keep a dull color palette, it should have been Resistance. Furthermore, the colors in Resistance 2 are not balanced or realistic at all. The flora practically glows it's such a bright shade of neon green.

The campaign has become worse as well. There's no longer any mystique to the chimera. They're aliens, that's all. Just aliens. As if we need another generic shooter with invading aliens. The chimera are no longer an aggressive hive mind ruled by the Angels. Instead, they now have military ranks like humans, and the Angels have been replaced by a partially human mutation named Daedalus. The chimera have lost their ferocity. In Resistance 1, it was common to see chimera biting and ripping at human soldiers. It was clear they were enraged and bestial, and the style worked perfectly to reinvigorate the stagnant shooter market. In Resistance 2, the chimera act so human they even listen to orders from overseers. It's simply a terrible way to portray the chimera.

Graphics have only arguably improved from Resistance 1. Water is now dynamic, and that's the best thing I have to say about it. It resembles blue jello at this point, and while it's amusing to watch, it can't be taken seriously. The rest of the graphics have seemingly just been painted in brighter colors.

There's less of a selection of guns in Resistance 2, and there are fewer enemy types.

In general, the single player is just bad.
    Multiplayer, however is much better. The 8 player cooperative multiplayer is immeasurably fun to play. Each of the 3 classes supports the others, and it creates a real sense of companionship with your team. In a good team, it's possible to overwhelm even full battalions of chimera (of which there are several dozen on screen at once). Ravagers and the hybrids that follow them add back much of the sense of ferocity that the chimera lost in the single player, and the 60 player competitive matches are chaotic and fun. The traditionally insane weapons of Resistance are fully featured in both competitive and cooperative multiplayer, and they create dynamic gameplay you just don't see in other shooters.

I paid $60 for Resistance 2, and I've never regretted it simply because the multiplayer is so fully developed and so much fun. If you want to focus on the single player campaign, prepare to be disappointed.
  35. Dec 27, 2011
    I don't know what all the complaining is about with this game. I guess people were just a little spoilt with the first one. Let me just comment on each of the complaints:

(1) "The AI is weak". Well to be honest I have not found a shooter yet with particularly strong AI - HALO 1-3 included (shock horror)

(2) "It looks poor and jerky". What on EARTH are you lot on about?? It looks
    impressive to me, and I see no slow down even in massive battles - just like the first.

(3) "The story is weak". Well I am sorry to say that 95% of the games I have played the story is a bit weak. In fact most FPS games the story is week, and is just a mechanism to introduce action set peices. Sorry but it's true.

(4) "Can only carry 2 weapons". GOOD I say. There was too much choice in the first one. Makes the whole thing tighter and feels better for it. Lets face it you generally have two favoured guns you always use in just about every shooter.

So after all that, I think it is a good solid FPS game. Pinches bits from other games and films, but then show my a game that doesn't. It can feel a bit run of the mill at times, but come on!! At least ten hours of gameplay and you want show stopper every minute - get real. There are plenty of scenes where you just have to stop and marvel as the scale and artwork are quite breathtaking. A great game to while away a dark night, with a few shocks and "WOW" moments on the way. Deffinately worth a go, and a must if you have played the first and inted to play the third!!
  36. Aug 15, 2012
    Slightly better than the first one, but at least there are some improvements. Graphic is one big improvement, and presentation of the story. Weapons are almost the same. Enemies variety has increased a little. This is only an above average game. Nothing is really great that needs compliment, nothing is really bad that needs complaint.
  37. Nov 18, 2012
    This game is much better then the second one. I disagree with all the negative reviews here. Gears of war is too stupid for me to get into. This however is much better.
  38. Feb 16, 2012
    This game is fun it has awesome online multiplayer with a bunch of different game modes that are actually fun to play the control set up is alittle weird but once you get the hang of it its really fun where this game fails is its story the story is decent at first horribly boring in the middle and very good at the end the levels are so long its rediculious its one of those games where you are like "omg how many more levels do i have to beat to get done with this game ugh" the story gets very tedious after awhile but the ending is good ill give it that all in all this game is a pretty decent shooter Expand
  39. Jun 30, 2014
    The game it's ok, but it doesn't have the same force to attract the typical FPS players, i tried with the first levels and it's doesn't catch my attention, the history in this moment is not attractive, i feel that the options to play (weapons, etc) are too basic, but the scenes and the places are very good worked.
  40. Apr 4, 2012
    A pretty good single player game which i play little by little whenever im bored .The multiplayer is much better than the campaign with so many modes .Overall an good game
  41. Oct 26, 2014
    Gritty, disturbing sci-fi retro themed FPS shooter with an interesting IP. Sadly they stripped out the decent local co-op campaign gameplay that was in the original. The first one was more fun because I could use the full arsenal several weapons and in this one you can only use two at a time. So not as much variety in the mayhem which is a major shame. Oh and putting camo one hit killers and having forward shielding enemies and two weapon switch just felt like Resistance jumping on the Halo bandwagon in places copying another games unoriginality. Hey least the game is less green looking and seems to have a better FPS. Expand
  42. May 28, 2012
    this game is okay, more of the same.
  43. Dec 9, 2012
    Lets start by saying I am new to the PS3 having had an XBOX 360 for a few years now,but I decided to get a Playstation and bought Resistance 2 together with Fall of man,I really loved the first game,but this is a stinker.

What went wrong everything about Resistance 1 that was good,the controls,the story the game-play were thrown out of the window for this sequel what were the developers
    thinking,where they drunk all the time through development or were they playing a joke on gamers,whatever it was they really messed this game up it's as if a whole new team worked on it without any or little knowledge of what came before.

I can't think of anything but the rumble feature that this game has that's an improvement over the first,this game is all trial and error and it gets really tedious when you die over and over and over and over again and each time have to start again from the beginning of the level, you often die because enemies just spawn out of nowhere when you least expect you also get confused as to what to do and where to go you often get swarmed with masses of creatures who bizarrely only target you and not your teams mates and you often run out of ammo a lot as you are restricted to two guns,they also changed the controls around as well which annoys the hell out of me,but I finished this game because I bought it,but had I known how bad and inferior it would be compared to the first game I wouldn't have bought it,this game isn't worth buying at all,rent it instead,but even then you'd feel ripped off.
  44. Jul 22, 2012
    Loved the game.

If only there was 8 player co-op, and 64-player multi-player on Resistance 3 I would of got it... Its like if they Zombies from Call of Duty - worst choice ever.
  45. Dec 27, 2012
    i discovered resistance 3 by accident, so i decided to play resistance 1 and resistance 2 as well. there is no way this game sucks. it was more fun than the other 2, and i liked them as well. but this game had so much fun stuff in it with the monsters and the vehicles. maybe i am naive, but i definitely see some haters and trolls knocking this game beyond a reasonable complaint. if you are like me and are searching for a new game that you haven't played that doesn't suck, this is one fun game. Expand
  46. Mar 25, 2013
    8-Presentation; The story is not as good as the first game, but the menu's are well laid out and easy to navigate.
    9.5-Graphics; Beautiful art style, amazing models and textures, and amazing scope.
    10-Sound; The music, sfx, and voice acting is excellent.
    9-Game play; The AI is much better this time around, but no vehicle segments sadly. However, the mechanics are so well done.

9-Lasting appeal; Single player, co-op, and multiplayer will take forever to unlock everything you can.
    Overall-9/10
  47. Feb 13, 2013
    Resistance 2 is a good game with solid gameplay but with a forgetable story. Not that different from the average shooter. Fun while playing but easily forgeted as you end it.
  48. Apr 12, 2013
    Dont be fooled by the poor user rating this game is a solid 8.5 to 9.0. Great frame rate, very nice graphics and good control. I was pleasantly supprised by this game. I would have rated in higher with maybe more weapon upgrades. More open level design, this is a very linear game it's main downfall in my opinion. I will say the single play is a lot of fun, you will most likely want to finish this game. I have spent a small amount of time on the multiplayer so far it's above average. I have not played it enough to form a solid opion. You can pick this game up cheap at gamestop used well worth it. Expand
  49. Nov 19, 2012
    I bought this videogame for 22
  50. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is utter trash and incredibly overrated. It took queues from the COD franchise but executed them in an extremely awkward manner, resulting in a overall awkward and unpleasant experience. You move extremely slow, as if your ability to run present in the first game, somehow vanished, and got instead replaced by an annoying sprint option. Hale also lost his ability to aim also present in the first game, now if you want to kill any enemy, you will have to press the aim button, because that would be more fun they thought? The graphics are also a complete mess, one minute you're looking at decent looking and interesting environments, the next, you're looking at low res textures and ugly characters.
    Extremely disappointed in this considering Resistance 1 wasn't the best FPS ever but it was at least enjoyable, this is utter trash.
  51. Sep 7, 2013
    I just could not stand this game. Terrible facts include it doesn't mention what happens to Britain and Western Europe after the events of the first game, story telling isn't enough, doesn't explain enough about other things and says nothing about what happened to the rest of the world, the graphics are dull and poor, even for the time since I had this feeling while I was playing it after it came out, I don't like the way this game is and speaking of the gameplay, 2 weapon limit is one of the reasons I find this game so dull and boring. As for the multiplayer, 60 player battles is awesome but I never had Internet when I played this game 5 years ago but with the unnecessary 2 weapon limit change, I wouldn't of played anyway. I thought Insomniac were trying to keep Resistance from being like typical shooters. But there are other things I hate about this game as well, the single player is plain boring, I stopped playing it when I was partway through and never came back. Expand
  52. May 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience. Expand
  53. Feb 10, 2013
    Short version: not nearly as good as the first game.

Long version:
    What does a game company do when a game is successful? Make a sequel and change everything about it that made the first game great! The story introduces some unnecessary plot points, and stretches credulity to do so (the relationship between the protagonist and antagonist for example). Unlimited weapons are gone, as are
    vehicles, split-screen campaign co-op and split-screen multiplayer. Some enemies can instantly kill you with one touch. Some boss battles are ridiculously hard, others are ridiculously easy. The ending boss fight is simply stupid. That said, I did actually like the additional characters, and I found the color palette interesting. As always, killing Chimera was fun, and a few of the boss battles were really enjoyable. Grims were a painful, but ultimately appreciated, addition to the enemy pantheon. All in all, I did enjoy the game, but not nearly as much as the first. It's more like a a wannabe sci-fi COD clone, except with COD you would at least get split-screen multiplayer. The brightest spot is probably the soundtrack also not quite as good as the first, but still great nonetheless. Expand
  54. Apr 6, 2014
    The best console shooter i've played. Neat setting, cool guns, nice story, giant bosses. Enjoying multiplayer (too bad it's pulled off on 8th of april, but you can sstil try to play splitscreen co-op).

It has some strange nods to CoD with 2 weapon slots, but there are always few guns lying under your feet. And health regen, well, no big deal.

If you haven't played Resistance games,
    it's probably best to start with the 1st to keep up with the story. Expand
  55. May 15, 2013
    This game is an improvement on the first one. Its more epic with some new Chimera enemy types that are awesome. The story is more interesting as well adding a few new plot twists to the original first game that are pretty interesting. The gameplay is good to and the great weapon design is back with a new and improved Auger, possibly one of my favourite guns in gaming. There is something wrong though, where the original seperated itself more from the norm this feels more generic. You can now only carry two guns at a time and your health regenerates more like a conventional FPS. Also to enjoy this you have to be patient, even on the normal setting this game can be difficult in places, especially the last level. Overall than a great game that is a bit better than the first Expand
  56. May 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Resistance 2 is a good sequel and are seriously underrated. Yes they made some mistakes like taking away coop. But they still made a lot of things right. They now putted some boss fights in the game and they are awesome and extremely fun. They removed some of the enemies but they also putted even more new good ones in. They have now removed the old multiplayer mode and made a new one (you can play split screen in the multiplayer mode) where you and your alliaces have to fight your way through aliens and complete the missions. There is 3 different classes that you can choose between. It is really cool. But i didn't like that there is even less scary moments in this one then the first one. Of course there where a bit of them but not enough. The first one didn't have that much of scary moments neither. But it at least kept the creepy atmosphere (which was amazing). They made this one more of an action shooter. But i can't complain to much because they did the action part pretty well. And it does fit the game. Expand
  57. May 28, 2013
    After Resistance FoM, I was hoping this game would be really good and capture the same feel as the first one. Did it fully capture it? For the most part yes. The story was wonderfully put together, with great characters, plot, set pieces, and AI.
    The MP was of course of the chains. With the massive matches going on and crazy clan battles, the game was great. The new COOP experience was
    great as well. The only down side was the lack of support by Insomniac. No new COOP DLC, and well over priced maps for MP. But there was no incentive to get those DLCs.
    Aside from that, the problems that existed were with the somewhat cartoonish graphics, bodies exploding in to the chunks of intestines and organs, no arms or legs, those were rare when it came to certain enemies. In Multiplayer there were only organs all over the place. The fire physics and textures in this installment were terrible. The did a great job on the water physics. To some people these are laughable things to pick on, but when you are looking for a good looking game, these things count.
    Over all the game was enjoyable, great story, great graphics, characters you could relate and care about.
    There was a lot of hate on this game because it was nothing like Resistance Fall of Man. But truthfully it was more of a Resistance title than Resistance 3.
  58. Sep 29, 2013
    "Resistance 2" en mi opinión tuvo la capacidad de afrontar la nueva generación, después de una encantadora primera parte ("Fall of Man"). Si gustan del género de videojuegos ciencia ficción y first person shooter, te prometo que será bienvenido a tu colección de juegos de PlayStation 3. Alrededor del juego hay muchas sorpresas y sin hablar del final que es excelente. Por otro lado, un multijugador excelente y uno de mis juegos favoritos del año 2008. Expand
  59. Jun 13, 2014
    I love this game and I recommend it to any one, its got a great action-horror atmosphere and lovely graphics. The fact that this game is more linear and only allows you to carry two guns doesn't mean the game sucks , each and every gun is cool in its own way and especially the enemies and the co-op system is another great way for every one to enjoy the game and its story.
  60. Aug 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. decent title, nice boss fights, great graphics, great weapons, some really well done dark places with a lot of tension , like a dark tunnel full of human cocoons waiting to hatch anytime :)
    one thing however really made this game average for me, and its the story. There isnt any. Go in, kick ass, go home kind of campaign, and even with the great looking bosses, the story lacks of memorable moments, other than ...................................(SPOILER!!!!!!!!!) ................................the headshot in the end.
    if you like great shooters, with some average story, and sharp looks, try thisone.
  61. Sep 3, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno en la historia y la jugabilidad la música me parece apropiada para algunos momentos las muertes nos enojan a mas de uno el multijugador no tengo nada que decir simplemente no funciona el cooperativo es una broma la conexión con resistance retribution de psp no funciona
    y aparte de vez en cuando los controles no responden
  62. Jul 26, 2014
    This was by far my favourite game on PS3 and the nearest FPS to get near the Half Life series. Wish it would come over to PS4, then I would have some use for the console.

2. It succeeds because it doesn’t just try to throw more humans into the same old environments and gameplay. It offers a smart three class system that encourages savvy team-work, an experience meter that builds to enable special attacks and uses levels designed specifically for the mode to maximise the resulting gameplay. It also dynamically shifts the action to take into account the number and skill of players in each game, making for near endless replayability. It’s a hit, pure and simple.
    Resistance 2 is gutsier, it’s gorier, and it’s much, much bigger.